PDA

View Full Version : Paul Paton

Macaroon
16-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Went down to Firrhill today with my mate to see Thistle beat celtic 2-1. Partick played fantastic and scored a brilliant goal from about 30 yards in front of 5000 fans. Celtic were their usual selves, letting off flares and hastling officials throughout the game..

One player stood out for me though, Thistle's RB, Paul Paton. He played outstanding today and despite one stray cross he never put a foot wrong the whole game. Good strong tackler and a fantastic vision down the line, the amount of times he left the celtic defence in the dust with a pinpoint ball down the line today was really impressive.

Petrie! Get on it :agree::agree:

Mikey
16-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Cheers for the update Paul :greengrin

Macaroon
16-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Damn it, covers been blown! :na na:

Yeah but i think he would be a great replacement for Richie, a similar player really but slightly more defence minded

Jonnyboy
16-07-2011, 07:05 PM
http://www.ptfc.co.uk/team/paul_paton

Macaroon
16-07-2011, 07:14 PM
http://www.ptfc.co.uk/team/paul_paton

Thats him, great signing for us imo, but I'm sure calderwood has something lined up :rolleyes:

joe breezy
17-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Gaun the Jags! :)

greenginger
17-07-2011, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=CabbagePatch;2858859]Went down to Firrhill today with my mate to see Thistle beat celtic 2-1. Partick played fantastic and scored a brilliant goal from about 30 yards in front of 5000 fans. Celtic were their usual selves, letting off flares and hastling officials throughout the game..

Were there any Sectarian Songs - oops! I should have said political songs with references to Irish History - being sung ? :devil:

CallumLaidlaw
17-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Thats him, great signing for us imo, but I'm sure calderwood has something lined up :rolleyes:

Not quite sure what the rolling of the eyes is for as I think CC has been pret good at identifying the areas we need strengthening so far.

Cropley10
17-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Not quite sure what the rolling of the eyes is for as I think CC has been pret good at identifying the areas we need strengthening so far.

:agree: which is what led him to Sproule and GOC

frazeHFC
17-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Not quite sure what the rolling of the eyes is for as I think CC has been pret good at identifying the areas we need strengthening so far.And the players he has signed for the positions.

Macaroon
17-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Went down to Firrhill today with my mate to see Thistle beat celtic 2-1. Partick played fantastic and scored a brilliant goal from about 30 yards in front of 5000 fans. Celtic were their usual selves, letting off flares and hastling officials throughout the game..

Were there any Sectarian Songs - oops! I should have said political songs with references to Irish History - being sung ? :devil:

Plenty.. :rolleyes: Along with stealing our ones :na na:

Beefster
17-07-2011, 06:13 PM

How many times have you seen him play?

Macaroon
17-07-2011, 06:17 PM

I agree but there still hasn't even been a sniff about any form of RB coming in apart from those two spanish guys but im not convinced by that tbh.

frazeHFC
18-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Aparently, due to injury, this was his first game since March. The Partick fan also said he is good but not one of their star players.