PDA

View Full Version : Nacho Novo...

FromTheCapital
16-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Got this of Hibees Bounce,

Nacho-Novo (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?107445-Nacho-Novo)

Thoughts?

:hibees

marinello59
16-07-2011, 05:44 PM
This was dismissed out of hand on Sportsound this afternoon.
So a possible then :greengrin

hibsbollah
16-07-2011, 05:51 PM
He hates celtc. Id have him :-)

we are hibs
16-07-2011, 05:57 PM
he might be a hun but he could do a job for us as an attacking mid

PeterboroHibee
16-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Didnt he say he wasnt interested in playing for an SPL team again when he got linked to Aberdeen?

I would definitely take him though, could be a lethal player on occasions.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2011, 06:09 PM
There's no way that we will sign him but I would certainly take him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-07-2011, 06:11 PM
H N E would have a heart attack! ;-)

BT58
16-07-2011, 06:19 PM
No sell on value
Where as CS @ 23 has
In RP we trust

lucky
16-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I would rather take CS than him. He is to old and not the player he was. He is also a hun hero so no way will he block his copy book with them to sign for us for a few grand a week

hibsbollah
16-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I would rather take CS than him. He is to old and not the player he was. He is also a hun hero so no way will he block his copy book with them to sign for us for a few grand a week

Id rather have the two of them, especially as we only have oconnor, an out of position Ivan or some kids left fit up front. We need at least two strikers NOW.

R'Albin
16-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Id rather have the two of them, especially as we only have oconnor, an out of position Ivan or some kids left fit up front. We need at least two strikers NOW.

:agree:

frazeHFC
16-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Hate him. Would hate it if he joined.

essexhibee
16-07-2011, 06:42 PM
In a heartbeat but surely there is no chance of this.

james62
16-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't want that dirty cheating wee hun anywhere near Easter Road :bitchy:

R'Albin
16-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Your not his biggest fan are you?:wink:

marinello59
16-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Less of the fence sitting James...what do you really think?:greengrin

weecounty hibby
16-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes he WAS a dirty wee Hun, but anyone who doesn't think he would be a good signing for us is off their heads.

Ernie Cobra
16-07-2011, 07:07 PM

sums it up for me.....add filthy clarty mingin soap dodgin rat

zlatan
16-07-2011, 07:10 PM
The wee gimp would be getting a heroes ovation every time we play the huns. We all remember Wilkins at Ibrox fondly on here.

No ta.

Hiber-nation
16-07-2011, 07:14 PM
The wee gimp would be getting a heroes ovation every time we play the huns. We all remember Wilkins at Ibrox fondly on here.

:grr::grr::grr:

Macaroon
16-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Ivan scored his hatrick for us playing through the middle... He aint out of position there, just isnt where we expect him.

Hamish
16-07-2011, 07:25 PM
sums it up for me.....add filthy clarty mingin soap dodgin rat

so that's a tick in the Undecided box then.........

hibsbollah
16-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Ivan scored his hatrick for us playing through the middle... He aint out of position there, just isnt where we expect him.

Ive said at least twice recently that up the middle is exactly where Ivans best position should be, doesnt change the fact that we're desperate for cover up front.

Bayern Bru
16-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Funny. Nacho Novo to Hibs usually crops up earlier in July each year. :rolleyes:

Wages would be an issue, end of.

Aldo
16-07-2011, 08:17 PM
In one word YES.

The sort of player that would be in yir face from the off and every other teams fans would hate with a passion.

excellent experience and a WINNER.

I am greedy and want both him and sheridan (who is an absolute must BTW).
Get him signed Rodders.

Ed De Gramo
16-07-2011, 09:06 PM
In one word YES.

The sort of player that would be in yir face from the off and every other teams fans would hate with a passion.

excellent experience and a WINNER.

Get him signed Rodders.

:top marks

Beefster
16-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat as long as he doesn't do a 'Ray Wilkins' when we play the Orcs at ER or Greyskull.

Steve20
16-07-2011, 09:30 PM
He would be a great signing for us. Not going to happen though,

TornadoHibby
16-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Why not? :dunno: :hmmm:

frazeHFC
16-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat as long as he doesn't do a 'Ray Wilkins' when we play the Orcs at ER or Greyskull.

I never even knew he played for Hibs! What did he do like?

Albion Hibs
16-07-2011, 10:10 PM
There is no doubt a player with his ability would be a great signing for us. He is perhaps a little similar to sproule and would not offer the same as CS (but we dont have him either) but none the less a very good player.

If we could get him I would take him no doubt, he was one of the most prolific scorers and players during his time at Ibrox, think we are kidding ourselves if we say we want a better team then start acting like a stroppy teenage girl because he played for Rangers in a past life.

SmokieJoe
16-07-2011, 10:37 PM
No sell on value
Where as CS @ 23 has
In RP we trust

:agree:

KWJ
17-07-2011, 01:43 AM
I'd definitely take him.

I don't really remember him being dirty, he certainly loved Rangers and was very passionate but I don't see why he wouldn't be the same for Hibs if we gave him support.

His accent is hilarious too. Don't see it happening mind even though I'd imagine his wages would be around our budget these days.

Where has he been this season?

leither17
17-07-2011, 01:59 AM
I'd definitely take him.

I don't really remember him being dirty, he certainly loved Rangers and was very passionate but I don't see why he wouldn't be the same for Hibs if we gave him support.

His accent is hilarious too. Don't see it happening mind even though I'd imagine his wages would be around our budget these days.

Where has he been this season?
Sporting Gigon in la liga don't think he played much. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacho_Novo. Its sporting gijon he scored 4 goals in 30 games so did play quite a bit

Beefster
17-07-2011, 05:44 AM
I never even knew he played for Hibs! What did he do like?

'Play' might be stretching it a bit but he put on a Hibs strip a few times and tottered about.

Was subbed by Miller at Ibrox and ignored the Hibs fans (who I seem to recall were chanting for Miller's head at the time) before applauding the Orcs in a very extravagant manner. All that was missing was the old 'worshipping' gesture towards them.

PS I was slightly tipsy and it was a long time ago so I'm perfectly within my rights to have exaggerated the incident but he definitely ignored us and applauded the rest of Ibrox!

Septimus
17-07-2011, 06:22 AM
I would probably dislike him until he started knocking in goals for us at which time I might re-consider.

Expecting Rain
17-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I don`t want to see Nacho Novo at Easter Road, we have enough problems to deal with as it is.

Wheat Hound
17-07-2011, 08:50 AM
'Play' might be stretching it a bit but he put on a Hibs strip a few times and tottered about.Was subbed by Miller at Ibrox and ignored the Hibs fans (who I seem to recall were chanting for Miller's head at the time) before applauding the Orcs in a very extravagant manner. All that was missing was the old 'worshipping' gesture towards them.PS I was slightly tipsy and it was a long time ago so I'm perfectly within my rights to have exaggerated the incident but he definitely ignored us and applauded the rest of Ibrox! No, that's an accurate summary of what happened. An absolute desperate shambles of a signing by Mogadon, and possibly the final straw of his tenure, along with buying Ian Cameron, Joe McLaughlin and Brian Welsh amongst others.

hibsbollah
17-07-2011, 05:41 PM
If we signed him on a free, would he be 'Nacho Libre'?

Bostonhibby
17-07-2011, 05:47 PM

:agree: I dislike him even more than you do. He has many Yammish qualities.

hibsbollah
17-07-2011, 05:54 PM
:agree: I dislike him even more than you. He has many Yammish qualities. What have you got against james62 likes?

Bostonhibby
17-07-2011, 06:09 PM
What have you got against james62 likes?

:greengrin Good one! Never even seen him play but I think I might like him more than Nacho Novo.

SanFranHibs
17-07-2011, 06:42 PM
In one word YES.

The sort of player that would be in yir face from the off and every other teams fans would hate with a passion.excellent experience and a WINNER.

Get him signed Rodders.

Certainly don't want any chicken Nacho's !!

:wink:

DH1875
17-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Didnt he say he wasnt interested in playing for an SPL team again when he got linked to Aberdeen?

He said he would be interseted in returning but it wouldn't be with the sheep. Apparently him and his Mrs are desperate to get back to Scotland and depending on just how true that is maybe some sort of deal could be done. I'd doubt it though.

FromTheCapital
17-07-2011, 07:59 PM
He's a good player with good qualities but because of his history...

I'm not to sure...

Hibernia Na Eir
17-07-2011, 08:26 PM
H N E would have a heart attack! ;-) Indeed he would.

Removed
17-07-2011, 09:01 PM
He's a good player with good qualities but because of his history...I'm not to sure... I thought he was a cheating little scroat to be honest. Add in the hun history and personally I wouldn't want him anywhere near ER.

The_Exile
17-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Novo would be the first name on the teamsheet, why people give a monkeys about who he played for before is baffling, the bigger question which should be being asked here is why any hibs supporter is refusing to make the hibs starting 11 stronger. Anybody who says Novo would weaken the first team needs their head examined.