PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 0-1 Barnsley

1875STEVE
16-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Game re-arranged and played at East Mains.

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_01_barnsley_687100/index.shtml

Mikey
16-07-2011, 05:03 PM
There were updates on the PM board.

Dunbar Hibee
16-07-2011, 05:05 PM
There were updates on the PM board.

Could they not have just gone on the main board...

marinello59
16-07-2011, 05:07 PM

There was nothing stopping you from putting some up.

Mikey
16-07-2011, 05:11 PM

I guess they could. Best to ask the person who was providing the updates why they chose to put them on the PM board.

cocopops1875
16-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Probably because they are pm's and feel its the kinda info that's worth paying a tenner for ;-)

Dunbar Hibee
16-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Probably because they are pm's and feel its the kinda info that's worth paying a tenner for ;-)

I forgot the pm's were more entitled to know what is going on with Hibs than the non pm's. My apologies :aok:

Jay
16-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I forgot the pm's were more entitled to know what is going on with Hibs than the non pm's. My apologies :aok:

Maybe not but if a PM chooses to post something on the PM forum then thats their choice.

marinello59
16-07-2011, 05:23 PM

Nope, everybody is free to post where they want. You could always pay your tenner of course. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
16-07-2011, 05:27 PM

Secret Service you mean. All this cloak and dagger stuff for only £10. Might try it out.

totalfootball
16-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Not exactly a inspiring starting line up is it? Clearly need a right back and we look weakin the midfield aswel. Im assuming either wotherspoon or palsson played at right back with the 2 wingers, sproule and galbraith wide of sheridan. Hopefully we sign sheridan but a right back is a priority imo! That looks such a soft Hibs side its untrue.... Cmon Calderwood,petrie....get the finger out and sign us afew players with decent quality that will walk into our side and strengthen us,badly needed!

Jay
16-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Secret Service you mean. All this cloak and dagger stuff for only £10. Might try it out.

The worst of it might even be that you like it :greengrin

Haymaker
16-07-2011, 05:32 PM

You get a warm feeling inside too.

Danderhall Hibs
16-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Disappointing to lose to a team so much further behind in their pre-season preparations.

iwasthere1972
16-07-2011, 05:36 PM
The worst of it might even be that you like it :greengrin

You get a warm feeling inside too.

Is it the equivalent of the Freemasons and would I need pm's to vote for me? I couldn't face being blackballed.

cocopops1875
16-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Aye we are, I also sit in the east UBERFAN :-)

matty_f
16-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Disappointing to lose to a team so much further behind in their pre-season preparations.
:agree:

iwasthere1972
16-07-2011, 05:40 PM

Plus you knew that the match was called off before we did. I blame you for the rain.

Jay
16-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Is it the equivalent of the Freemasons and would I need pm's to vote for me? I couldn't face being blackballed.

Theres much more to it than that but once you pay up your guaranteed to be in
:halowitch:

cocopops1875
16-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Plus you knew that the match was called off before we did. I blame you for the rain.
To be fair I was sat in the loch inn and read it on the main board ;-) yes I am to blame for the rain the pm's had a secret rain dance at 10am

Tyler Durden
16-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Nearly a year into Calderwood's reign and we're starting games with Lewis Stevenson. Doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Mikey
16-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Nearly a year into Calderwood's reign and we're starting games with Lewis Stevenson. Doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

The "match report" on the PM board suggests he had a good game.

leither17
16-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Real fans stand

hibsbollah
16-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Lewis also had quite a few good games last season and deserved his extension. I think he'll have a decent season.

HibsMax
16-07-2011, 06:33 PM

About 9 months and apparently he played well.

R'Albin
16-07-2011, 06:37 PM

The guy on the board wanted it to stay on the PM board for one reason or anither.

Ernie Cobra
16-07-2011, 07:03 PM

I heard Rupert Murdoch is tapping up the admins for the new Sunday Sun!:rolleyes:

HNA6
16-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I heard Rupert Murdoch is tapping up the admins for the new Sunday Sun!:rolleyes:Were also in negotiations wi Rupert the bear ..watch this space ..:aok:

derek0762
16-07-2011, 07:31 PM

You should have went on the bounce Brez updates were foc there lol

marinello59
16-07-2011, 07:44 PM
You should have went on the bounce Brez updates were foc there lol

Sky style coverage here.
Teletext stlye coverage over by. :greengrin

Bayern Bru
16-07-2011, 08:08 PM
I heard Rupert Murdoch is tapping up the admins for the new Sunday Sun!:rolleyes:

You should hear some of Mikey's voicemails.
:bitchy:

Hibernian Verse
16-07-2011, 08:18 PM
For those looking to join the PM board it's not all it cracks up to be. Limited chat about football over the course of the season apart from transfer windows. Generally 1 or 2 posts a week about people's life stories.

Jonnyboy
16-07-2011, 08:21 PM
For those looking to join the PM board it's not all it cracks up to be. Limited chat about football over the course of the season apart from transfer windows. Generally 1 or 2 posts a week about people's life stories.

Each to their own I guess.

marinello59
16-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Not a fan then? :greengrin
It is a tad better than you describe but the main thing is those who pay their tenners ensure that this place exists at all. Monthly server costs are substantial. Feel free to discourage those who may wish to help out though.

HNA6
16-07-2011, 08:29 PM
For those looking to join the PM board it's not all it cracks up to be. Limited chat about football over the course of the season apart from transfer windows. Generally 1 or 2 posts a week about people's life stories.It doesnt "crack" up to be anything ...its your forum ..its up to you to post hibs related threads ..your £10 goes towards the running costs of the site, others pay for ..which you get for free !!

cam75
16-07-2011, 08:31 PM

Hey been trying to PM you but your inbox is full,any update on bus to games from up here?

Hibernian Verse
16-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Not a fan then? :greengrin
It is a tad better than you describe but the main thing is those who pay their tenners ensure that this place exists at all. Monthly server costs are substantial. Feel free to discourage those who may wish to help out though.

Nah, I quite like the PM board, and will probably re-join soon.

Hibernian Verse
16-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey been trying to PM you but your inbox is full,any update on bus to games from up here?

I've been struggling to get anything from companies, and will probably get back on it when I'm back in Aberdeen.

Bayern Bru
16-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I tend to prefer the PM board as there isn't usually as much p1sh spouted there.

Even with me on it.

erin go bragh
16-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Any chance of the hibs team and ratings or is that for pm only :greengrin
ggtth

HNA6
16-07-2011, 08:46 PM
ggtthAw c,moan man ..get yer dosh in the pot ..:greengrin

Mikey
16-07-2011, 08:47 PM
ggtth

The person who posted it up asked for it to stay there so it's staying there!

Thingy started though and played well. You know, whatsisname :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
16-07-2011, 09:02 PM
The person who posted it up asked for it to stay there so it's staying there!

Thingy started though and played well. You know, whatsisname :greengrin

Those ratings were pretty spot on. :greengrin

NYHibby
16-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Were there match updates on the wedding on the PM board too?

HibsMax
16-07-2011, 09:34 PM

There's more to being a PM than the message board. The Arcade rocks! :)

TornadoHibby
16-07-2011, 09:44 PM

Wasting yer time Mikey, some people are incapable of examining new evidence and changing an out of date opinion! :confused:

Some players could score the winner in a Scottish Cup Final for Hibs and if their past wasn't the best they would still be "turned over" for being who they were historically! :wink: :greengrin

down-the-slope
16-07-2011, 09:45 PM

personally I like the PM swingers evening.....worth double the membership on its own

R'Albin
16-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Your never off it !:greengrin

Big Frank
16-07-2011, 09:53 PM
If your not a PM your a fanny. trust me:agree:

The free crabbies is terrific :agree::agree:

SmokieJoe
16-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Theres much more to it than that but once you pay up your guaranteed to be in
:halowitch:

Is It all about the coin Mrs. S?:lips seal

SmokieJoe
16-07-2011, 10:00 PM

:agree:
Why he did he get a new contract? must be under Rod's wage radar...

SmokieJoe
16-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Were also in negotiations wi Rupert the bear ..watch this space ..:aok:

What do you call a bear without any paws?:wink:

Hibernian Verse
16-07-2011, 10:08 PM

Aye! Every time I got a highscore I'd get a pm saying Hibsmax had beaten my highscore :greengrin

SmokieJoe
16-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Aw c,moan man ..get yer dosh in the pot ..:greengrin

An Airton Senna for life? to become a fully affilliated (no blackball issues)?

ArabHibee
16-07-2011, 11:12 PM
No chance Dunbar Hibee will be joining then.:greengrin

HibsMax
17-07-2011, 12:06 AM

Hey now, barring a few games last week I've not been there for weeks! I need to restore order though, that's for sure!

HibsMax
17-07-2011, 12:07 AM
personally I like the PM swingers evening.....worth double the membership on its own

I can only dream of the day that there is a US-version. BSCs all around!

HibsMax
17-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Aye! Every time I got a highscore I'd get a pm saying Hibsmax had beaten my highscore :greengrin

Did you change your username? I don't recall ever stealing Gold away from you?

Springbank
17-07-2011, 01:21 AM
is there a two bags of sweets game yet in this arcade?

real PMs ken whits gaun on

sven nil
17-07-2011, 04:21 AM
What do you call a bear without any paws?:wink:

Rupert the bar steward!!!!!

Tyler Durden
17-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Wasting yer time Mikey, some people are incapable of examining new evidence and changing an out of date opinion! :confused:

Some players could score the winner in a Scottish Cup Final for Hibs and if their past wasn't the best they would still be "turned over" for being who they were historically! :wink: :greengrin

Thanks for the advice but I've seen more than enough of Lewis Stevenson to judge his merits. Personally think he is a decent squad player who can fill in at left back for 5-10 games a year. The fact that Calderwood seems to view him as a first team midfield player worries me as he's very average. Not strong enough (nothing to do with his size btw) not a great passer, isn't particularly quick and offers nothing going forward. Trying his heart out is not enough.

JustSimplyHibs
17-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the advice but I've seen more than enough of Lewis Stevenson to judge his merits. Personally think he is a decent squad player who can fill in at left back for 5-10 games a year. The fact that Calderwood seems to view him as a first team midfield player worries me as he's very average. Not strong enough (nothing to do with his size btw) not a great passer, isn't particularly quick and offers nothing going forward. Trying his heart out is not enough.

All these things you say can be coached and by the sounds of things Calderwood is one of the most respected coaches out there (in the Pro Football circut) why? maybe because he is a very good coach.

Granted Stevenson makes a decent squad player...but he does have qualities such as his positional play in defensive situations is good, not affraid to put a tackle in, has good link up play in 2v1 situations, has a engine in him...the lad lacks confidence which started under Mixu and went on under Yogi - maybe they weren't good coaches, remember everything you said can be coached, but the coach needs to be half decent as well.

Ad give him another season to prove himself.