PDA

View Full Version : NHC linfield v gers love-in

Hibernia Na Eir
16-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Yet again, classy timing from the Glasgow lot on their annual July get together. But, hey, gers are trying to stamp out bigotry....
Maybe after this game then..

joe breezy
16-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Rangers and Celtic do very little to distance themselves from the bigots, one thing I'm glad of is that you never see Hibs tops in the Northern Ireland riots

Hibernia Na Eir
16-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Aye, gers do very little indeed.

Rougier45
16-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Rangers and Celtic do very little to distance themselves from the bigots, one thing I'm glad of is that you never see Hibs tops in the Northern Ireland riots

That's because there are very few hibs fans anywhere outside edimbra ya tool/therewas plenty @the penywell riots-

SkintHibby
16-07-2011, 12:48 PM
That's because there are very few hibs fans anywhere outside edimbra ya tool/therewas plenty @the penywell riots-

No need for that reply surely! :bitchy:

Cabbage East
16-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Horrific Hun mutants the pair of them.

Rougier45
16-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Hibs fans trying to take the moral high ground is boring -the Huns are **** -but bringing in the ni riots -WTF

harpo
16-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Hibs fans trying to take the moral high ground is boring -the Huns are **** -but bringing in the ni riots -WTF

I think Joe Breezy is only stating that he's glad Hibs are not used as a tool, like Celtic and Rangers are regarding the North of Ireland issue.

No moral high ground taken, just a fact regarding the original post, that's all.

joe breezy
16-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I was just was reminded by the sights in recent days of hundreds of youths many wi auld firm tops on throwing stones / petrol bombs / bricks at each other and at the police. They're badges for each tribe (both of which have more in common with each other than they do with the people they aspire to be).

I think the Old Firm help perpetuate the problem in Northern Ireland.

I think the lack of IRA songs at Easter Road means even if we did have a better support overseas we still wouldn't be used as an icon for sectarianism.

When these riots take place you don't see many Man U tops and they have a massive support and were formed by Irishmen.

Rougier45
16-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Celtic and rangers are symptoms not causes- the cause is hundreds of years of oppression against Irish Catholics mainly by scottsh settlors- I don't know how to fix NI but fixing scotlands problem is relatively straightforward- stop faith schools - Put the kids together and future generations wIll be less inclined to discriminate.

Phil D. Rolls
16-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Aye, gers do very little indeed.

Unlike Celtic who do everything they can to distance themselves. You are so biased you are sounding as much a bigot as the people you criticise.

Dinkydoo
16-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Unlike Celtic who do everything they can to distance themselves. You are so biased you are sounding as much a bigot as the people you criticise.

Worryingly, this type of opinion on here is quite obviously on the increase.

How long will it be before some idiots start responding to the sectarian taunts on derby day........

Bostonhibby
16-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Will there be burning crosses and hangings at half time to entertain the faithful?

Sodje_18
16-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Celtic and rangers are symptoms not causes- the cause is hundreds of years of oppression against Irish Catholics mainly by scottsh settlors- I don't know how to fix NI but fixing scotlands problem is relatively straightforward- stop faith schools - Put the kids together and future generations wIll be less inclined to discriminate.
more than half these idiots don't know what their singing about, all 90 minute bigots. IMO only way to stop the sectarian singing is to take action against the clubs, deduct points, hefty fines, ban crowds etc. Shame the SFA have absolute no bottle when it comes to discipline, the way our league is run is shocking, absolute shambles.

Brizo
16-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Rangers will argue that theyre visiting a hotbed of loyal fans who dont get to see the team in the flesh very often. Unfortunately this afaik annual fixture only perpetuates the whole Loyalist love in mentality and makes me wonder how serious they really are about distancing themselves from the bygone days of yore.