PDA

View Full Version : Barry Ferguson.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Naw not coming to us, apparently signing for Blackpool. How the mighty have fallen.

H18Y GW
15-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Naw not coming to us, apparently signing for Blackpool. How the mighty have fallen.

He would have fallen a lot further if we were his choice.

He will get a week what most of our first team are on combined, someone let me fall to that level.

SRHibs
15-07-2011, 11:35 PM
"How the mighty have fallen."

He's 33 years old, so I think a mid/high level championship is a fairly decent move for him all things considered.

Players naturally go down the ladder as they age. Can think of more than one Hibs player who is an example of this.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 11:42 PM
He would have fallen a lot further if we were his choice.

He will get a week what most of our first team are on combined, someone let me fall to that level.

Not a chance, Blackpools top wage is around the 7k now. When i say fallen i mean he's a long way from the days he was dictating how the ref should ref the game. It will be fun watching him next season.

HibbyAndy
16-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Couldnt and will not lace Charlie Adam's boots.

Failure from the word go.

Or i hope so anyway the Hun ****!!!

one day maybe...
16-07-2011, 01:32 AM
If he had played for Hibs we would be praising him, swaning over him, come home Barry, play out your last years here. He didnt so we just slag him.

Fitba eh! :greengrin

joe breezy
16-07-2011, 06:56 AM
I think he's a very good player, brilliant at times.

Geo_1875
16-07-2011, 07:23 AM
He is/was a verygood player who was highly thought of in the EPL. He actually surprised me as I thought he would struggle when he didn't every decision going his way. Just shows what a whiney greeting-faced little hun bassa he was up here when he could have been a well-respected professional footballer.

col02
16-07-2011, 07:27 AM
I think he's a very good player, brilliant at times.

I have always liked him as a player tbh as he could dictate the game well. Best years are behind him now but in no way can he be considered a failure imho.

Aldo
16-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Always thought he was an excellent player TBH and more than held his own in the EPL.

Blackpool will be a good move for him.

Woody1985
16-07-2011, 07:44 AM
I have always liked him as a player tbh as he could dictate the game well. Best years are behind him now but in no way can he be considered a failure imho.

:agree:

I've been called a hun ******* on here before because I said he was a good player!

Football, or not, tinted glasses.

3pm
16-07-2011, 08:41 AM
He's a good player and has been for years.

Still loved it when Thomson took him to the cleaners though and he got sent off.

Kojock
16-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Blackpool will be a good move for him.

Yep give him a straw hat and he can plod up and down (or in his case side to side) the beach with rest of the Donkeys.

"Oh Barry Barry you went to Blackburn Rovers and you did hee haw."

Septimus
16-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Could sulk for Scotland and often did.

hibee81
16-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Yep give him a straw hat and he can plod up and down (or in his case side to side) the beach with rest of the Donkeys.

"Oh Barry Barry you went to Blackburn Rovers and you did hee haw."

to be fair he started off brilliantly at blackburn, made there captain then got injured. shame because he really was playing well. I never used to like him as a player until he moved to blackburn and i saw him step out of the hunary style football.

Woody1985
16-07-2011, 10:56 AM
[/B]

to be fair he started off brilliantly at blackburn, made there captain then got injured. shame because he really was playing well. I never used to like him as a player until he moved to blackburn and i saw him step out of the hunary style football.

Sodje_18
16-07-2011, 12:17 PM

I've been called a hun ******* on here before because I said he was a good player!

Football, or not, tinted glasses.
Yah hun ******* :na na:

:greengrin

snooky
16-07-2011, 12:19 PM

Shirley this is just a sideways step for Barry :wink:

johnrebus
16-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Shirley this is just a sideways step for Barry :wink:

Quite frankly I would not piss on the **** if he was on fire.

heretoday
16-07-2011, 02:15 PM
He's a player who's done better than his talents would have suggested.

He'll be able to join his fellow crabs in their promenades along the beach.

snooky
16-07-2011, 03:41 PM
He's a player who's done better than his talents would have suggested.

He'll be able to join his fellow crabs in their promenades along the beach.

:agree: See post #18

Franck Stanton
16-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Should do well at Blackpool, after all they do play in ORANGE

sesoim
16-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Couldnt and will not lace Charlie Adam's boots.

:agree: Totally agree. Adams is my kind of player - he takes risks, makes great passes, and has this presence about him that means you always notice him. Ferguson often went missing playing for Scotland, he was one paced and spent most of his time making easy passes and then pointing and shouting all the time as if he was doing something important.

Rangers' misplaced loyalty to Ferguson at the expense of Adam has cost them an absolute fortune. Serves them right.

Baldy
16-07-2011, 07:41 PM
[/B]

he got injured against Newcastle by trying to hurt Gary Speed who had been out classing him the whole game ... so serve's himself right

oh and he was only captain due to Souness being their manager

seanraff07
16-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Barry Backwards Pass is nothing special, found out when he moved away from the SPL.

marinello59
16-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Barry Backwards Pass is nothing special, found out when he moved away from the SPL.

Was he? I thought he had decent reviews during his time at Birmingham. I don't like the guy but he was a far better player than many fans up here will give him credit for.

seanraff07
16-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Was he? I thought he had decent reviews during his time at Birmingham. I don't like the guy but he was a far better player than many fans up here will give him credit for.

I was thinking more about his time at Blackburn, I know he was injured but he couldn't cut it and ended up moving back to the Huns.

libernian
17-07-2011, 01:17 AM
one of the best players ive seen at ER... some games he just completely controlled the game.

ive always admired him as a footballer and would have thought he would get better than blackpool...

shame went back to rangers as i think he could have played for man u / chelseas etc at his peak. injuries maybe..

libernian
17-07-2011, 01:18 AM

u obviously never watched brum much over past few seasons

libernian
17-07-2011, 01:19 AM

KWJ
17-07-2011, 02:44 AM
He was good at Blackburn too even after his long injury. He was in their first team when they sold him back to Rangers. He did well at Brum too.

I despise the guy but he's a good footballer, only team he's not done that well for is Scotland.

snooky
17-07-2011, 09:54 AM
He was good at Blackburn too even after his long injury. He was in their first team when they sold him back to Rangers. He did well at Brum too.

I despise the guy but he's a good footballer, only team he's not done that well for is Scotland.

Not particularly keen on the man however, he is a quality player.
I remember Scotland getting a gubbin' at the FAROES and he was the one player that rolled up his sleeves and got us out the poo poo.

HibbyAndy
17-07-2011, 10:13 AM
He's a good player and has been for years.

Still loved it when Thomson took him to the cleaners though and he got sent off.

Spot on, Now i have no time for KT whatsoever BUT that day was the best ever game ive ever seen from an individual footballer, Sublime doesnt even come close, Thomson gave Ferguson a football lesson that day. Absolute brilliant for 90 minutes and had the Crab in his back pocket the whole game.

seanraff07
17-07-2011, 12:19 PM
u obviously never watched brum much over past few seasons

I was thinking more about his time at Blackburn, I know he was injured but he couldn't cut it and ended up moving back to the Huns.

Theres my reply

Holmesdale Hibs
17-07-2011, 04:29 PM
one of the best players ive seen at ER... some games he just completely controlled the game.

ive always admired him as a footballer and would have thought he would get better than blackpool...

shame went back to rangers as i think he could have played for man u / chelseas etc at his peak. injuries maybe..

He was a good player but even at his best he would be nowhere near Man U or Chelsea

whereswallace?
17-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Although i hate the little rodent there is no doubting he was a class footballer. Iv spoken to a couple players who have played against him and they have said he was a brilliant player. Totally different type of player to Adam though.