PDA

View Full Version : Time to get behind CC!

spike220
15-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Hi Folks, I thnk it is now time to get behind CC with the new season starting. With new players and a good pre-season, it is up to us and play our part. We wouldnt want our lack of support for our own manager be the reason he goes. Maybe he will go or stay, but while he is our manager he desrves our backing completely. He has worked hard brining in players etc. so lets give him the season to produce the goods.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I'd like to but i'm keeping my options open for the moment.

Dinkydoo
15-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi Folks, I thnk it is now time to get behind CC with the new season starting. With new players and a good pre-season, it is up to us and play our part. We wouldnt want our lack of support for our own manager be the reason he goes. Maybe he will go or stay, but while he is our manager he desrves our backing completely. He has worked hard brining in players etc. so lets give him the season to produce the goods.

GGTTH

Somebody been out for a few tonight - I have too, and i agree lol.

CC seems to be working hard at recruiting new players - and proven ones at that. He's been honest IMO but crucified for it by the support.

If he is staying then we need to get behind him; if he isn't then it really does need sorted sharpish - we need to be able to focus and prepare for Celtic on the first day of the new season.

GGTTH - whoever's "green and white army" it is!

Woody1985
16-07-2011, 12:07 AM
I'd like to but i'm keeping my options open for the moment.

:faf:

yekimevol
16-07-2011, 12:10 AM
:top marks
:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Dr_Regal
16-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Yeah, I'll go along with that. Not too happy about it though.

I just dont think its good for him to walk away now from hibs, his record is shocking and he is just starting to get a grip of things in terms of the squad. Plus, why in gods green earth anyone would want to live in the Midlands compared to Edinburgh is beyond me. I have been to Derby and Birmingham quite a few times, and no offense to anyone it's pretty horrific. We have a huge Castle that overlooks the Main Street, for gods sake.

Anyways get that Sheridan bloke signed and Agogo if good and get a right back, and we could have a good season, gotta be better than last year, right?

Get Hibs up the league and you might get a move down to your your beloved midlands next year but rather than being the tea man for a championship outfit you might even get your own gig. Very unlikely you get offered a decent manager job again if you leave hibs now.

EasterRoad4Ever
16-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Somebody been out for a few tonight - I have too, and i agree lol.

CC seems to be working hard at recruiting new players - and proven ones at that. He's been honest IMO but crucified for it by the support.

If he is staying then we need to get behind him; if he isn't then it really does need sorted sharpish - we need to be able to focus and prepare for Celtic on the first day of the new season.

GGTTH - whoever's "green and white army" it is!

Who are you kidding ? How difficult was it to recruit Ivan and Garry ? Ivan bleeds green. Garry was struggling to get a club. Both were always likely to sign if the money as right. It was not the lure or influence of CC that made the deal.

So CC has signed .... erm 1 (one) player in the whole summer closed season. Easy money. Sorry, the man has been totally distracted by his own affairs this summer and let the club down.

CentreLine
16-07-2011, 06:55 AM

GGTTH

:agree: :flag::flag::flag:

The Harp
16-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Time to get behind CC!

Of course you're right, and judging by the reaction of the players who've commented on the situation, it's clear they want him to stay.
However, I feel, he's let the Club and the fans down very badly. This whole farce has been played out in the interests of the two pursuing clubs and CC. He could have ended this speculation as soon as it started by making a clear and concise statement about his intentions.
He failed miserably in his handling of this saga and now seems likely to be in charge when Celtic visit next Sunday, but what about the next game v Inverness or St J a week later? Will he still be at the helm for these fixtures?
I've no idea how many season tickets have been sold so far but in view of the miserable season we experienced last term and CC's failure to commit to the Club, I'd imagine, sales will be worryingly low.
Only my opinion of course and I'll be backing the team as always throughout the season, but for me, CC has a lot of making up to do before we can put this behind us.

ArabHibee
16-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Time to get behind CC!

Of course you're right, and judging by the reaction of the players who've commented on the situation, it's clear they want him to stay.
However, I feel, he's let the Club and the fans down very badly. This whole farce has been played out in the interests of the two pursuing clubs and CC. He could have ended this speculation as soon as it started by making a clear and concise statement about his intentions.
He failed miserably in his handling of this saga and now seems likely to be in charge when Celtic visit next Sunday, but what about the next game v Inverness or St J a week later? Will he still be at the helm for these fixtures?
I've no idea how many season tickets have been sold so far but in view of the miserable season we experienced last term and CC's failure to commit to the Club, I'd imagine, sales will be worryingly low.
Only my opinion of course and I'll be backing the team as always throughout the season, but for me, CC has a lot of making up to do before we can put this behind us.

I would take the reaction of the players with a pinch of salt. They are hardly going to be put up for an interview to say the manager is gash, they don't like him and the sooner he goes the better, are they?

Andy74
16-07-2011, 07:09 AM
With our relegation form since October and his ten players signed so far over I'll give him the benefit of a few weeks to turn it around.

col02
16-07-2011, 07:21 AM
We should not be looking to get behind individuals but more so the club to give us a fighting chance in games rather than this segmented support which imho hinders us before a ball has been kicked. Must have been on this board about 7 years now and not once have I had the feeling of confidence in the support to back the team fully. Just one season might be nice where we don't need to target any of our own players for abuse and instead make ER an unwelcome place for visiting teams rather than our own players! We owe the younger guys in our team a fair crack at things rather than subjecting them and their team mates to booing.

Beefster
16-07-2011, 07:24 AM
With our relegation form since October and his ten players signed so far over I'll give him the benefit of a few weeks to turn it around.

Absolute bollocks spouted to suit an agenda.

Our league form since Calderwood took over, rolled up to a full season, would not have seen us relegated in any season whatsoever since the creation of the SPL 13 years ago.

The form in Hughes' last 7 months would have relegated us in the vast majority of those 13 seasons.

Geo_1875
16-07-2011, 07:27 AM
I did try to get behind CC but there was not much room. It was full of bed-wetters trying to push him out the door.

Aldo
16-07-2011, 07:33 AM

I just dont think its good for him to walk away now from hibs, his record is shocking and he is just starting to get a grip of things in terms of the squad. Plus, why in gods green earth anyone would want to live in the Midlands compared to Edinburgh is beyond me. I have been to Derby and Birmingham quite a few times, and no offense to anyone it's pretty horrific. We have a huge Castle that overlooks the Main Street, for gods sake.

Anyways get that Sheridan bloke signed and Agogo if good and get a right back, and we could have a good season, gotta be better than last year, right? Get Hibs up the league and you might get a move down to your your beloved midlands next year but rather than being the tea man for a championship outfit you might even get your own gig. Very unlikely you get offered a decent manager job again if you leave hibs now.

Anything would be better than last season.

Agree with Sheridan and Agogo and would give us options. Still need a RB and another CH.

cad
16-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Folks, I think it is now time to get behind CC with the new season starting. With new players and a good pre-season, it is up to us and play our part. We wouldnt want our lack of support for our own manager be the reason he goes. Maybe he will go or stay, but while he is our manager he deserves our backing completely. He has worked hard bringing in players etc. so lets give him the season to produce the goods.

GGTTH

WE are forever playing our part mate , this guys played us for a month or more .
The only loser in the farce is Hibs the sooner he ****s off the better ,sadly the longer this goes on he could end up staying ,which definitely isnt in Hibs best interests IMO.

Andy74
16-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Absolute bollocks spouted to suit an agenda.

Our league form since Calderwood took over, rolled up to a full season, would not have seen us relegated in any season whatsoever since the creation of the SPL 13 years ago.

The form in Hughes' last 7 months would have relegated us in the vast majority of those 13 seasons.

Not much in it I'm sure and certainly way short of our objective for CC.

So far he hasn't even had the benefit of previous good form and now he has signed so many players and to be consistent with the type of time we've given others he has just a few weeks to turn it around.

Iain G
16-07-2011, 08:02 AM

So far he hasn't even had the benefit of previous good form and now he has signed so many players and to be consistent with the type of time we've given others he has just a few weeks to turn it around.

New season and a clean slate Andy! If he is staying he needs the time to complete his rebuilding job, and the transfer window is open for another 6 weeks or so. IF this is all behind us now then we need to get back behind Hibs as the season starts and do our best to help the club to a good start to the season. :agree:

Wellbankhibby
16-07-2011, 08:05 AM
I will support any manager of hibernian but when you know the manager is not interested what message does this give to the Team and fans. Whatever any of think it is time for Mr calderwood to move on. I have no confidence in him anymore. the board MUST ACT NOW and move to appoint a new man at the helm. Gordon Strachan is still the man i see to lead us to glory. I really dont understand the support CC is getting from our fans. he will show no loyalty if he gets the chance to move, the only reason he wont resign is it would look very bad on his cv. Lets be honest his record with us is mince. :agree:

Geo_1875
16-07-2011, 08:12 AM
I will support any manager of hibernian but when you know the manager is not interested what message does this give to the Team and fans. Whatever any of think it is time for Mr calderwood to move on. I have no confidence in him anymore. the board MUST ACT NOW and move to appoint a new man at the helm. Gordon Strachan is still the man i see to lead us to glory. I really dont understand the support CC is getting from our fans. he will show no loyalty if he gets the chance to move, the only reason he wont resign is it would look very bad on his cv. Lets be honest his record with us is mince. :agree:

Why should the board act now on the demand of those "supporters" who have made up their mind and won't be convinced otherwise? As far as I'm concerned the board have acted in refusing other clubs permission to poach our manager. I don't see that anybody has acted less than correctly, except the clubs that wanted CC, the press/media and those Hibs supporters who believe everything that is posted/printed out there.

The Hurricane
16-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Who are you kidding ? How difficult was it to recruit Ivan and Garry ? Ivan bleeds green. Garry was struggling to get a club. Both were always likely to sign if the money as right. It was not the lure or influence of CC that made the deal.

So CC has signed .... erm 1 (one) player in the whole summer closed season. Easy money. Sorry, the man has been totally distracted by his own affairs this summer and let the club down.
:aok:

ronaldo7
16-07-2011, 08:25 AM
We should not be looking to get behind individuals but more so the club to give us a fighting chance in games rather than this segmented support which imho hinders us before a ball has been kicked. Must have been on this board about 7 years now and not once have I had the feeling of confidence in the support to back the team fully. Just one season might be nice where we don't need to target any of our own players for abuse and instead make ER an unwelcome place for visiting teams rather than our own players! We owe the younger guys in our team a fair crack at things rather than subjecting them and their team mates to booing.

:aok:

Much of this summer's will he won't he garbage has stuck in the craw, I will be backing the team whoever is in charge, and hopefully CC will get his head down, and work hard to redeem himself to the fans.

Beefster
16-07-2011, 08:31 AM

We were unbeaten for 8 or 9 in a row over February to April if I remember correctly. By my reckoning, that gives him until November if 7 months is the precedent.

Wellbankhibby
16-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Why should the board act now on the demand of those "supporters" who have made up their mind and won't be convinced otherwise? As far as I'm concerned the board have acted in refusing other clubs permission to poach our manager. I don't see that anybody has acted less than correctly, except the clubs that wanted CC, the press/media and those Hibs supporters who believe everything that is posted/printed out there.

Its not the support who are overeacting you only have to look at his body language and his Non comitment in informing the support that he wishes to stay on as Hibs manager. I have always supported any manager of hibs, there is NOBODY bigger than our club. My problem is the workforce (Players) have to be lead by the manager and if he shows little or no commitment to our cause what must the players be thinking. As supporters we all have our own opinions and you only have to read the divided opinions of our support to know that the CC situation is dividing the support. its all good and well to support the manager and im happy to do this if he comes out and commits himself to the club, this will not happen though and we will be looking for a new manager in the next couple of months. The time to ACT is NOW before the season starts. :flag:

Iain G
16-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Its not the support who are overeacting you only have to look at his body language and his Non comitment in informing the support that he wishes to stay on as Hibs manager. I have always supported any manager of hibs, there is NOBODY bigger than our club. My problem is the workforce (Players) have to be lead by the manager and if he shows little or no commitment to our cause what must the players be thinking. As supporters we all have our own opinions and you only have to read the divided opinions of our support to know that the CC situation is dividing the support. its all good and well to support the manager and im happy to do this if he comes out and commits himself to the club, this will not happen though and we will be looking for a new manager in the next couple of months. The time to ACT is NOW before the season starts. :flag:

Yeah cos a whole lot can be achieved in that whole long week before the season starts afterall... :rolleyes:

Wellbankhibby
16-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah cos a whole lot can be achieved in that whole long week before the season starts afterall... :rolleyes:

I will take your sarcasim with a pinch of salt. I shake my head and despair at some of you so called Hibs fans. If we have a player who is not giving 100% commitment and makes it clear he does not want to be part of our club what should happen to him. the clear answer is offload as quickly as possible. If some of you wish to support CC by all means thats your decision but dont say i didnt warn you. Tut Tut. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 09:09 AM
I will take your sarcasim with a pinch of salt. I shake my head and despair at some of you so called Hibs fans. If we have a player who is not giving 100% commitment and makes it clear he does not want to be part of our club what should happen to him. the clear answer is offload as quickly as possible. If some of you wish to support CC by all means thats your decision but dont say i didnt warn you. Tut Tut. :confused:

Think Bamba, head anywhere except easter road apparently. Folk couldn't wait to get him out the door.

Personally i wont back Calderwood for the moment, i'm waiting to see if there's anyone else i should back in the coming few weeks.

You might say i'm not giving the club my 100% support, i'm sorry but i'm just being honest.

R'Albin
16-07-2011, 09:10 AM
I shake my head and despair at some of you so called Hibs fans.

Just because people don't have the same opinion as you doesn't mean we are not as good a fan as you are.

Iain G
16-07-2011, 09:11 AM

I will ignore your vaguely patronising tone and ask what exactly is gettign rid of a manager 1 week before the season starts actually going to achieve, it would be madness... :agree:

Andy74
16-07-2011, 09:11 AM
We were unbeaten for 8 or 9 in a row over February to April if I remember correctly. By my reckoning, that gives him until November if 7 months is the precedent.

Though his terrible form to February can't be ignored. Tremendous patience been shown to a guy who's had one to two months of good results in his whole time here.

Some of the worst results were after signing players and against the worst teams.

New slates have never been given before so a few weeks for me will tell us what's what.

Hopefully it gets turned around and I shut up!

Iain G
16-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Though his terrible form to February can't be ignored. Tremendous patience been shown to a guy who's had one to two months of good results in his whole time here.

Some of the worst results were after signing players and against the worst teams.

New slates have never been given before so a few weeks for me will tell us what's what.

Hopefully :wink: And tell BH to stop hacking into your account :greengrin :wink:

matty_f
16-07-2011, 09:22 AM

Wouldn't that just make you a hypocrite though, Andy, given the whole point here is that you think folk were too quick to get on Yogi's case?

matty_f
16-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Think Bamba, head anywhere except easter road apparently. Folk couldn't wait to get him out the door.

Personally i wont back Calderwood for the moment, i'm waiting to see if there's anyone else i should back in the coming few weeks.

You might say i'm not giving the club my 100% support, i'm sorry but i'm just being honest.

And Scott Brown was rank for us after we told him we weren't selling him. Same with Fletcher. And Jones.

Actually, none of them were the same, they all did very well for us even when they wanted to be elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 09:38 AM
And Scott Brown was rank for us after we told him we weren't selling him. Same with Fletcher. And Jones.

Actually, none of them were the same, they all did very well for us even when they wanted to be elsewhere.

Would this be the same Fletcher folk were saying on here had his head turned, and was not playing as well as he had been before the bid was turned down? Jones was crap apparently, how would we have seen the difference? Brown i will give you. What about Stokes, or Thomson? And remember Maka.:wink:

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Would this be the same Fletcher folk were saying on here had his head turned, and was not playing as well as he had been before the bid was turned down? Jones was crap apparently, how would we have seen the difference? Brown i will give you. What about Stokes, or Thomson? And remember Maka.:wink:

That'll be conclusive evidence then :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 09:49 AM
That'll be conclusive evidence then :greengrin

:greengrin Its enough for me. :wink:

RIP
16-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I will take your sarcasim with a pinch of salt. I shake my head and despair at you Hibs fans. If we have a player who is not giving 100% commitment and makes it clear he does not want to be part of our club what should happen to him. the clear answer is offload as quickly as possible. If some of you wish to support CC by all means thats your decision but dont say i didnt warn you. Tut Tut. :confused:

You want us to despair mate - we are just no falling for it :wink:

basehibby
16-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I would take the reaction of the players with a pinch of salt. They are hardly going to be put up for an interview to say the manager is gash, they don't like him and the sooner he goes the better, are they?

True - but the opinions expressed by the players on Calderwood have been unremittingly and efusively positive - even from the likes of Deeks who had already left the club when interviewed.
I wouldn't expect comments like "he's a brilliant coach" to pop up regularly unless there was some truth in it.

offshorehibby
16-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Whether you like or dislike CC we have to give him our full support. I think any abuse of CC will affect the players and that's the last thing we need or want.

Dinkydoo
16-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Just because he has signed ex-hibees doesn't mean he hasn't worked hard at it - at least he isn't filling the club full of journeymen like the previous two, wait, three managers.

Sherridan and that Ghanian striker seen proven enough for a club the size of Hibs IMO.

What was it we have all been complaining about for the past three years, quality over quantity.

Bostonhibby
16-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Anyways get that Sheridan bloke signed and Agogo if good and get a right back, and we could have a good season, gotta be better than last year, right?

Get Hibs up the league and you might get a move down to your your beloved midlands next year but rather than being the tea man for a championship outfit you might even get your own gig. Very unlikely you get offered a decent manager job again if you leave hibs now.

:agree: This is where I am I think.

To be honest if the guy is our manager at the start of the season I will judge him by the results and the professionalism by which he does the job.

I think he has made strides to improve the quality of the squad and in modern day football terms I think we have to accept the fact that approaches are often made, if nothing comes of them whatever CC's wishes or intentions, if he is the professional he seems to be and that many in the game regard, then the fact that he hasn't moved should make no difference to what he does with us and how he approaches it.

I'd like to see how the first 10 games under CC go. There's plenty of time to round on him in the traditional way then.

Andy74
16-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Wouldn't that just make you a hypocrite though, Andy, given the whole point here is that you think folk were too quick to get on Yogi's case?

Compared to that I've been a paragon of patience.

Spike Mandela
16-07-2011, 12:27 PM

GGTTH

WE are the Hibs support and we get behind the team year after year. Managers come and managers go.

Not getting this romantic notion of backing the manager, he will be judged on team performances and indeed his commitment to the cause and that is fair enough.

For my money he will be away by the start of the English season but if he isn't the team will still get my full support on a Match day irrespective of any moaning on this board.

Ed De Gramo
16-07-2011, 12:35 PM

:asshole: <<< and i'm shaking that to that bit in bold

Sorry that I can't be as good a Hibs fan as you...your lordship :aok:

JohnScott
17-07-2011, 01:33 AM
You guys are priceless. Shouldn't Calderwood be getting behind the Hibs first then we can back him. Why should he get out support when he continually refuses to dismiss the speculation surrounding his position at the club. Why did he take the bloody job in the first place. He was already at an EPL club 2 hours drive from Nottingham. So why take the job up here if it was such an issue. What the hell is really going on.
As for the eejit who slagged off the midlands. I live in Chesterfield half an hour from Derby and ten minutes drive from the Peak Park. The peaks might not match the Highlands but its better than Broxburns Brings. Nah your right,
I can't think who would want to live down here atall lovl

matty_f
17-07-2011, 07:51 AM
You guys are priceless. Shouldn't Calderwood be getting behind the Hibs first then we can back him. Why should he get out support when he continually refuses to dismiss the speculation surrounding his position at the club. Why did he take the bloody job in the first place. He was already at an EPL club 2 hours drive from Nottingham. So why take the job up here if it was such an issue. What the hell is really going on.
As for the eejit who slagged off the midlands. I live in Chesterfield half an hour from Derby and ten minutes drive from the Peak Park. The peaks might not match the Highlands but its better than Broxburns Brings. Nah your right,
I can't think who would want to live down here atall lovl

Thanks. :aok:

Kaiser1962
17-07-2011, 10:00 AM

Over the games since just before the close of the transfer window in January (which is only fair cos CC made changes then) which covered 16 games which included the last round of games and the games post split, Yogi's form would have seen us relegated in all but 2 of the previous SPL seasons. The equations suggest that CC's form would have seen CC take 2.33 points for every point Yogi got.

Kaiser1962
17-07-2011, 10:02 AM
WE are the Hibs support and we get behind the team year after year. Managers come and managers go.

We disagree on many things Spike but this is on the button IMO. :aok:

DH1875
17-07-2011, 06:12 PM

And then what, sack him? Rod's gonna look a right numpty knocking back £400k if that happens.

Whether you like or dislike CC we have to give him our full support. I think any abuse of CC will affect the players and that's the last thing we need or want.

That's kinda how I see it. He wont have my full support but at the same time I'm no gonna be giving him abuse or singing any anti Calderwood stuff.