PDA

View Full Version : First Game at ER this season

down-the-slope
14-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Looks like against all the predictions of most on here we will start our first game on Saturday with CC at the helm....

I hope the game and seeing how the players are getting fit / gelling will be the focus....but i suspect that berating the manager will be the ocus for some....:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Looks like against all the predictions of most on here we will start our first game on Saturday with CC at the helm....

I hope the game and seeing how the players are getting fit / gelling will be the focus....but i suspect that berating the manager will be the ocus for some....:rolleyes:

I think he will get stick on Saturday, and probably every Saturday he's still here. He is knowingly causing this confusion, its no surprise to me he will get it.

cabbageandribs1875
14-07-2011, 12:28 PM
surely the players will get some ocus as well :dunno:

hibsbollah
14-07-2011, 12:35 PM
I cant wait for the season to start, see the new pitch, new players, taste the peerless catering...its been the most unsettling summer for Hibs I can remember since the Mercer plans.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I cant wait for the season to start, see the new pitch, new players, taste the peerless catering...its been the most unsettling summer for Hibs I can remember since the Mercer plans.

:agree:

Can't wait to see the back of this pre season and get back to watching the football.

It's been a circus for weeks now and the sooner we get some competitive football the better as far as i'm concerned.

Hibee87
14-07-2011, 12:48 PM

And what happened the season after the summer of the mercer unrest?? was it a 3rd place finish and a league cup :cgwa

LancashireHibby
14-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm not happy with the CC situation but I certainly won't be using the 90 minutes on Saturday to berate him - I hope others go with the same attitude and just concentrate on watching the game and getting behind the team.

hibsbollah
14-07-2011, 12:54 PM
And what happened the season after the summer of the mercer unrest?? was it a 3rd place finish and a league cup :cgwa

Like the positivity :-)

Kicking off with a 3-2 opening day thriller against Celtc ; O'Connor, Thornhill, Sproule goals.

down-the-slope
14-07-2011, 01:22 PM

Kicking off with a 3-2 opening day thriller against Celtc ; O'Connor, Thornhill, Sproule goals.

Ahem...what about Ginger Whinger sent to stand....not a proper thriller without that :greengrin

hibsbollah
14-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Ahem...what about Ginger Whinger sent to stand....not a proper thriller without that :greengrin

...good one. In my ideal world Boruc would also come back from Florence to do the happy halftime draw.

Spike Mandela
14-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Surely not that hard for players to gel. We've only made 3 signings and two have played here before.

Broken Gnome
14-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Surely not that hard for players to gel. We've only made 3 signings and two have played here before.

As part of ever so slightly superior teams...

Franck is God
14-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I simply don't understand the mentality to boo or jeer a member of the team you support whether that be a manager, coach or player.

For me it seems to go against everything it means to be a fan.

down-the-slope
14-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I simply don't understand the mentality to boo or jeer a member of the team you support whether that be a manager, coach or player.

For me it seems to go against everything it means to be a fan.

:agree: i concur

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2011, 05:58 AM
:agree: i concur

A double concurrence from me. :agree:

hibsbollah
15-07-2011, 07:33 AM
As part of ever so slightly superior teams...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/4676068.stm

More than 5 years ago now...great side, Hogg was there too.

bighairyfaeleith
15-07-2011, 07:42 AM
I think he will get stick on Saturday, and probably every Saturday he's still here. He is knowingly causing this confusion, its no surprise to me he will get it.

The fans need to support the manager and the team. You know this BH:greengrin

greenlex
15-07-2011, 08:16 AM

What confusion? The only confusion is in the minds of the supporters.
The last thing Calderwood has said is he is he nanager. He has said he is happy to be the manager.Hechas said Its a great place to be and he will be here until he is either sacked or until compensation is agreed with someone else. No confusion as I can see.
Bring on Ra Sellick.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 10:01 AM
What confusion? The only confusion is in the minds of the supporters.
The last thing Calderwood has said is he is he nanager. He has said he is happy to be the manager.Hechas said Its a great place to be and he will be here until he is either sacked or until compensation is agreed with someone else. No confusion as I can see.
Bring on Ra Sellick.

Well obviously the supporters who are confused are wrong, and everything is just fine?:wink:

Calderwood did say he is manager and will be manager, he also added the bit that i think is causing the confusion, (until the compensation is paid) Not the words of a man imo who thinks he's here for long.

You see in my opinion, if he wanted to be our manager, and wanted to be here without any of this confusion, he'd say so. Yet there's no such words, nothing to stop this whole circus thats been going on now for nearly a month, why????

When we get al the bumph from the club through emails or through the post, its all about pulling together, make the stand bounce and the likes, yet we cant get that from the man who is managing us, very strange indeed.

I remember the stick Sol Bamba got when it was said he didnt want to be at the club, Calderwood will get much more if he's still around next season, and he's brought it on himself.

Franck is God
15-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Calderwood did say he is manager and will be manager, he also added the bit that i think is causing the confusion, (until the compensation is paid) Not the words of a man imo who thinks he's here for long.

Is that not the situation for any football player or manager in any league in the world who is under contract?

And what he actually said was that he wanted to be Hibernian manager and until someone tells him otherwise whether that be sacked or compensation he'll get on with the job and its (Hibs) a good place to be. His first word was sacked and his second was compensation, he didn't say 'when the compensation is paid' or anything like that.

If you don't want him as manager that's fair enough but don't twist his words to make them what you wanted to hear.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Is that not the situation for any football player or manager in any league in the world who is under contract?

And what he actually said was that he wanted to be Hibernian manager and until someone tells him otherwise whether that be sacked or compensation he'll get on with the job and its (Hibs) a good place to be. His first word was sacked and his second was compensation, he didn't say 'when the compensation is paid' or anything like that.

If you don't want him as manager that's fair enough but don't twist his words to make them what you wanted to hear.

Twist his words????????????

He said he'd be at the club until he was sacked or compensation was paid, does that sound like the guy is committed to the club to you?

Unless you live on the moon, there are folk concerned about this, there is uncertainty about who will be manager of the club. After the season we just had, we needed everyone pulling in the one direction, yet the one man who could do this refuses, and the uncertainty continues. Why would he do this, why?

Franck is God
15-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Twist his words????????????

He said he'd be at the club until he was sacked or compensation was paid, does that sound like the guy is committed to the club to you?

Unless you live on the moon, there are folk concerned about this, there is uncertainty about who will be manager of the club. After the season we just had, we needed everyone pulling in the one direction, yet the one man who could do this refuses, and the uncertainty continues. Why would he do this, why?

He has shown the same commitment as any other manager I have seen at ER, in fact I think more as I'm confident he's not just saying what he thinks we want to hear.

He signed a long term deal, he has shown no signs of quitting despite the fact that the media are telling him that he has two job offers available to him.

Oh yeah and he said he's happy here and will be manager until someone else tells him he has to leave.

down-the-slope
16-07-2011, 07:45 AM
:greengrin WhooHoo first ER game is upon us and still in posesssion of our manager....really looking forward to it today..to see how youngsters are getting on...how the years have been to Ivan & Garry...see Sheridan bash the first of hopefully many goals :pray:...if we have anything resembling a tight defence...levels of fitnes etc....

All in summer football weather :faf:

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 09:23 AM
:greengrin WhooHoo first ER game is upon us and still in posesssion of our manager....really looking forward to it today..to see how youngsters are getting on...how the years have been to Ivan & Garry...see Sheridan bash the first of hopefully many goals :pray:...if we have anything resembling a tight defence...levels of fitnes etc....

:tee hee:

down-the-slope
16-07-2011, 09:33 AM
:tee hee:

:rolleyes: feather in your underpants BH?

NOLA
16-07-2011, 10:06 AM

i think the club missed a trick in not installing a retractable roof:rolleyes:

Hibee87
16-07-2011, 11:10 AM

im going for 3-1 hibs and 5-0 to the sticky buns v the 'just as sticky' buns :wink:

carlsberg however dont do start of season fixtures but if they did.......:flag:

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 11:17 AM
:rolleyes: feather in your underpants BH?

You obviously dont know who scored our goals last week in fife? :wink:

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Taking petty swipes at folk is all BH has in his locker from what i can see, no real substance.

How old are the girls in your avatar meant to be BH?

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Taking petty swipes at folk is all BH has in his locker from what i can see, no real substance.

How old are the girls in your avatar meant to be BH?

No idea how old they are, how old do you want them to be?

Hibee87
16-07-2011, 11:29 AM
No idea how old they are, how old do you want them to be?

too old for craig thompson thats for sure :wink:

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 11:46 AM
For your sake i hope they are 16 or older. They look quite young.

Hibee87
16-07-2011, 11:59 AM

tbf they do look on the borderline jail bait age :devil:

Mon Dieu4
16-07-2011, 12:05 PM
tbf they do look on the borderline jail bait age :devil:

So do you with your boyish good looks :faf:

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Why for my sake?

down-the-slope
16-07-2011, 12:12 PM
You obviously dont know who scored our goals last week in fife? :wink:

:rolleyes: missed thread title did we...

He has yet to play at ER let alone score

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 12:16 PM
:rolleyes: missed thread title did we...

He has yet to play at ER let alone score

Ah. :blushie:

Hibee87
16-07-2011, 01:14 PM
So do you with your boyish good looks :faf:

more like ex con now the flock has gone :na na:

NYHibby
16-07-2011, 09:09 PM
too old for craig thompson thats for sure :wink:

They are clearly Arizona State students. At least 10 years too old for Thompson...

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2011, 06:59 PM
They are clearly Arizona State students. At least 10 years too old for Thompson...

Thats a shame, i was looking forward to being accused of having a thing for under age girls.