PDA

View Full Version : typical gers

oconnors_strip
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
taken from kickback but have had a text from a stirling fan

"Been tweeted that the Police advised officials to abandon the friendly match between Stirling Albion and Rangers due to excessive sectarian singing from the away support and there is a heavy police presence in front of away section for 2nd half.

Timing couldnt have been better boys!

Edit: Police and stewards moving in around Rangers section of support. Its a bloody testimonial ffs! "

typical bloody huns:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
12-07-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm shocked that this has happened, especially on July 12th. :agree:

:greengrin

Cabbage East
12-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Stinking mutant Hun filth.

Holmesdale Hibs
12-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Fine them, ban them, ban their fans, kick them out of the league... If only the SFA had the bollocks

Bayern Bru
12-07-2011, 09:04 PM
To be honest, whoever earmarked this for the 12th needs to have a look at themselves. Whilst I don't believe in letting politics run sports, this was not a difficult decision to make.

frazeHFC
12-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Bunch of good-for-nothing tossers.

hibsbollah
12-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Its a minority. Bain said so. I think 99.9% is the correct 'good hun' figure.

R'Albin
12-07-2011, 09:08 PM
To be honest, whoever earmarked this for the 12th needs to have a look at themselves. Whilst I don't believe in letting politics run sports, this was not a difficult decision to make.

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Surely this is a mistake? If it means so much to them then they are all surely across in Ulster with their own kind?

johnrebus
12-07-2011, 09:11 PM
For the Hun pondlife of the Stirling / Alloa area it will always be 1972.

Flares, Tennants Lager and Wagon Wheels.

:Ummm:

oconnors_strip
12-07-2011, 09:19 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/grahamruthven

hailhail22
12-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Surely this is a mistake? If it means so much to them then they are all surely across in Ulster with their own kind?

there fans will be the same as celtic, half of them wont even know what they are singing about.

Sodje_18
13-07-2011, 12:45 AM
there fans will be the same as celtic, half of them wont even know what they are singing about.
Only half?

Hibbyradge
13-07-2011, 08:37 AM
What a horrible little country we live in.

And folk wonder why I'm scunnered with Scottish football.

Hamish
13-07-2011, 08:52 AM

:agree: Pathetic that a large group of so called supporters of a few clubs still think its acceptable in this day and age to indulge in sectarian songs/chants. Ignorance and or drink is no excuse.

Phil MaGlass
13-07-2011, 09:07 AM
If the game was stopped then a precedent has now been set, and that can only be good for Scottish fitba, this may well be the first of a few games that will be stopped by the police, the buns will be hammered and should in the end lead to points deductions, and if Im not mistaken the SFA has the power to ban them from representing Scotland in European competition, bring it on.

ginger_rice
13-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Perhaps if teams only played both half of the OF when they have to (ie league or cup), and not because they think it'll give them a good payday at the turnstiles for a friendly or testimonial, do you think the message would finally get through?

ginger_rice
13-07-2011, 09:12 AM

HR it's a minority of the people who live in this country who are the bigots, although unfortunately it may be a majority of the so called "football fans"

Vini1875
13-07-2011, 09:33 AM
You also have to look at Stirling Albion in this one. To arrange a game v the huns on the 12th of July was only going to have one outcome, all the worst sort of huns were going to be there doing their thing. This game would have given a focus for them. I would guess it would have been discussed before and Stirling Albion decided that a game on the 12th against the huns would boost numbers.

mickki40
13-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Just as a matter of course, I am absolutely sure the media would have been creaming themselves to report this one and jump on the sectarian bandwagon and sell papers... I have been looking at reports in the media and none so far have mentioned sectarian singing. Just flares being set off. I am awaiting the official report from the referee and police on this matter before I jump on the bandwagon.

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Appeal-for-calm-as-Rangers.6800529.jp

green&left
13-07-2011, 09:48 AM
From what I've read elsewhere the game was never in doubt. Their was a tannoy accouncement about 25 minutes in requesting that sectarian songs don't get sung, this was at a time when nothing 'dodgy' was getting sung though and the only 'dodgy' song sung all night was The Sash. Police waded in and took a megaphone off the huns and no mention of flares/bangers on the tannoy system at all. Make of that what you will...

More made-up over exaggrated p1sh from the media, and the police maybe trying to make a name for themselves after bagging £2m off tax payers money so they can arrest a few fans for singing some songs...

hibee92
13-07-2011, 10:11 AM
SFA: "move along folks, nothing to see here."

Jim44
13-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Just as a matter of course, I am absolutely sure the media would have been creaming themselves to report this one and jump on the sectarian bandwagon and sell papers... I have been looking at reports in the media and none so far have mentioned sectarian singing. Just flares being set off. I am awaiting the official report from the referee and police on this matter before I jump on the bandwagon.

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Appeal-for-calm-as-Rangers.6800529.jp

I can understand your reluctance to spring to Rangers defence in the absence of corroborated evidence but I find it hard to share your tolerance. Almost every Rangers supporter I know will admit that his/her leaning towards the club is underpinned by religious and/or political aliegance (Celtic fans are no different). The issue is about the huge numbers who can't refrain from displaying their feelings in public. Without religion and politics these two footballing warts could not exist.

Gatecrasher
13-07-2011, 11:52 AM
You also have to look at Stirling Albion in this one. To arrange a game v the huns on the 12th of July was only going to have one outcome, all the worst sort of huns were going to be there doing their thing. This game would have given a focus for them. I would guess it would have been discussed before and Stirling Albion decided that a game on the 12th against the huns would boost numbers.

Whats so big about the 12th July?

so the Orange ones go on a wee walk round belfast or whatever does that really mean rangers cant play a game on that day? it says more about the people attending than the clubs. I doubt that the date wouldn't have entrered Stirlings mind other than it was free for both clubs to agree on. Maybe Rangers should have warned them about the possible implications? No one even mentioned about the possibility of this happening beforehand.

Hamish
13-07-2011, 11:54 AM
HR it's a minority of the people who live in this country who are the bigots, although unfortunately it may be a majority of the so called "football fans"

Yeah, the '90 minute bigots' who happily work and drink with people with a different religion to them and then proceed during a football match to sing sectarian nonsense. Its apparently little more than banter.:rolleyes:

mickki40
13-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I can understand your reluctance to spring to Rangers defence in the absence of corroborated evidence but I find it hard to share your tolerance. Almost every Rangers supporter I know will admit that his/her leaning towards the club is underpinned by religious and/or political aliegance (Celtic fans are no different). The issue is about the huge numbers who can't refrain from displaying their feelings in public. Without religion and politics these two footballing warts could not exist.

Absolutely agreed. I was at the u19s Semi final at Ibrox...all they sang was sectarian/bigoted songs all game. Both sets of supporters are as bad as each other. I will not condone any sectarian bigoted pish from anyone. I would disagree that Almost every Rangers supporter or Celtic for that matter, would lean towards the club purely on Grounds of religion and Politics. Most are Born into it and never question anything their clubs do. If Rangers fans were singing sectarian songs last night, I would like to see a 10 point deduction from the SFA in the first instance. Let the supporters of the clubs be the architechts of their demise. The SFA Have it within their power to stop this Now. It's so simple... Deduct Now for every instance till they are playing in another country. Every season will see them not contending cup finals europe etc. Every season will see them drop another league till they either modify their songs or drop out of the league. Simple SFA...

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Absolutely agreed. I was at the u19s Semi final at Ibrox...all they sang was sectarian/bigoted songs all game. Both sets of supporters are as bad as each other. I will not condone any sectarian bigoted pish from anyone. I would disagree that Almost every Rangers supporter or Celtic for that matter, would lean towards the club purely on Grounds of religion and Politics. Most are Born into it and never question anything their clubs do. If Rangers fans were singing sectarian songs last night, I would like to see a 10 point deduction from the SFA in the first instance. Let the supporters of the clubs be the architechts of their demise. The SFA Have it within their power to stop this Now. It's so simple... Deduct Now for every instance till they are playing in another country. Every season will see them not contending cup finals europe etc. Every season will see them drop another league till they either modify their songs or drop out of the league. Simple SFA...

Mick i agree 100%, hammer them hard every time. The authorities have the power to do this, a points deduction after every occasion is the only way this will stop imo.

Will they, i doubt it? Even after all this mouthing off, all the seminars and meetings, i still dont believe they have the bottle, and we will be in exactly the same position this time next season.

cwilliamson85
13-07-2011, 02:29 PM

You forget the SFA need rangers and Celtic as this is the pulling power to Scottish football...

I would love to see the old firm hammered with point’s deductions and large fines but this will never happen because there is no list of what songs are illegal and songs that are not.

PISTOL1875
13-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Mick i agree 100%, hammer them hard every time. The authorities have the power to do this, a points deduction after every occasion is the only way this will stop imo.

Will they, i doubt it? Even after all this mouthing off, all the seminars and meetings, i still dont believe they have the bottle, and we will be in exactly the same position this time next season.

You're right Gary , the SFA don't have the bottle.. The fact being , the authorites that run our game need the OF to keep the game going up here.. They can have all the meetings they want , they will still do nothing...

blueisthecolour
13-07-2011, 06:37 PM
From Paul Goodwin S.Albion press officer

• There was, to his knowledge, no sectarian singing at all last night. Indeed, he only recognised two of the songs, those being The Sash and Rule Brittania.

• There were announcements made over the tannoys - Police messages that if sectarian singing was indulged in then arrests would be made. There were NO arrests.

• Mr Goodwin stated he felt the announcements were made as a standard warning and not in response to singing.

• A number of journalists were keen to clarify the events last night (Scotsman and BBC amongst them), with one journalist in particular 'tweeting' from the stadium. Mr Goodwin could not determine who that was and so could not confirm the name of the journalist.

• Mr Goodwin was at pains to offer his thanks to The Rangers support at large and how they contributed to a great atmosphere at the game. Indeed, he went on to offer his thanks to the club itself for helping Stirling Albion with this match.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2011, 06:52 PM
SFA: "move along folks, nothing to see here."

Sadly thats the nail on the head.

Hamish
13-07-2011, 06:54 PM
:applause: . We are all very bad on here. As always Glasgow Rangers are a credit to Scottish football.

Removed
13-07-2011, 07:00 PM
• There was, to his knowledge, no sectarian singing at all last night. Indeed, he only recognised two of the songs, those being The Sash and Rule Brittania.

:faf: I can just imagine what the other songs were and I'd bet my mortgage they were sectarian but Mr Goodwin didn't recognise them so it's all ok :rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
13-07-2011, 07:06 PM
You can just imagine, so you just going to imagine or take the word from someone who was there.

Sylar
13-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I spoke to a Bino fan who was there and he laughed at the stories of chaos. Nothing worse than usual, the only difference being the solitary flare (which I always associated more the Celtc).

Sylar
13-07-2011, 07:15 PM

:faf: I can just imagine what the other songs were and I'd bet my mortgage they were sectarian but Mr Goodwin didn't recognise them so it's all ok :rolleyes:

What would they be? Other than "Billy Boys", I can't think of any songs which are frequently pulled out and are sectarian anymore.

Bad taste, yep; occasionally ignorant, absolutely; irrelevant in 21st Century Scottish football, you betcha.

They still have their idiots in their support (no team is free from this), but their repertoire is nowhere near as putrid as it once was.

I don't expect many to agree with me, but that's how I see/hear it.

Hamish
13-07-2011, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=The Story So Far...;2856702]What would they be? Other than "Billy Boys", I can't think of any songs which are frequently pulled out and are sectarian anymore.

Bad taste, yep; occasionally ignorant, absolutely; irrelevant in 21st Century Scottish football, you betcha.

They still have their idiots in their support (no team is free from this), but their repertoire is nowhere near as putrid as it once was.

I don't expect many to agree with me, but that's how I see/hear it.[/

Correct.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2011, 07:44 PM
What would they be? Other than "Billy Boys", I can't think of any songs which are frequently pulled out and are sectarian anymore.

I agree with this.

I don't really enjoy being given a history lesson on the past wars and troubles on the island of Ireland when I'm watching a game of football and particularly from people who haven't the first idea of what they are talking/singing about.

I said this a little while ago on another thread but I'll say it again. I think the authorities should be focusing all their efforts at the moment in eradicating the serious death threats which have been made against people within Scottish football recently and also the physical assaults against people as well.

To me, that has to be the priority and then once they are sorted out, the songs should be the target.

Personally, I don't see how they could possibly contemplate abandoning a match because of a few songs when there was no suggestion of calling off the Hearts-Celtic match last season after a fan invaded the pitch and assaulted Neil Lennon and then the two sets of fans began to try and get at each other.

Removed
13-07-2011, 08:45 PM
You can just imagine, so you just going to imagine or take the word from someone who was there.

So no Billy Boys, no songs about the UDA or not even one FTP?

And to think of all that time wasted with think tanks and new legislation.

The problem is over, time to move on.

Aye right.

frazeHFC
13-07-2011, 08:59 PM
We all know that huns are vile, stinky, rodents. Their pathetic behavior pisses me off but it just increases my hate of them and makes victory against them even better.

Get in to these muppets this season Hibs!

Sylar
13-07-2011, 09:12 PM

Correct.

So which aspect of my thinking is wrong then?

What from the above is so wide of the mark?

greenlex
13-07-2011, 09:34 PM

Aye right.
Is that to the tune of Sloop John B?

Removed
13-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Is that to the tune of Sloop John B?

:agree:

blueisthecolour
14-07-2011, 05:55 PM

Aye right.

correct.

No one saying the problem is over but to suggest there was a problem against albion is way off the mark.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I have hospitality next week when the huns come to town. I will be taking video evidence that there's no secterian singing in their horrible support. :faf:

blueisthecolour
14-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I have hospitality next week when the huns come to town. I will be taking video evidence that there's no secterian singing in their horrible support. :faf:

ur only going to see the Rangers:wink: fans

ronaldo7
14-07-2011, 09:35 PM

Take a spare battery G, you'll need it.:wink:

mickki40
15-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Take a spare battery G, you'll need it.:wink:

That's a point actually... will the Sectarian pish apply to Englands grounds? I know they could be reported to F.A.R.E. But would the SFA Have any bollocks to pull them up in what is effectively another European country. I reckon they could do it. Be prepared G to send your video abroad. Just as a byline. 2 guys from sec 43 at Hibs have bought a hd cam for the season in 43. Will be nice to see what happens when the Huns jambos arrive.

frazeHFC
15-07-2011, 08:22 AM

Zoom in so we can get a name and shame on the go, and see what the police do when we give them names and video evidence. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 09:14 AM
ur only going to see the Rangers:wink: fans

I'm going because its free food and drink. Plus i get the chance to show everyone how the minority behave.

Jack
15-07-2011, 09:41 AM
That's a point actually... will the Sectarian pish apply to Englands grounds? I know they could be reported to F.A.R.E. But would the SFA Have any bollocks to pull them up in what is effectively another European country. I reckon they could do it. Be prepared G to send your video abroad. Just as a byline. 2 guys from sec 43 at Hibs have bought a hd cam for the season in 43. Will be nice to see what happens when the Huns jambos arrive.

It will, under the new stuff going through parliament, be possible to prosecute individuals for all this stuff even if the offence does not take place in Scotland and even if its not an offence in the country it is committed in.