PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone began a season without a 'gaffer'?

3pm
12-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Obviously all hypothetical but I can't think of too many examples where a team has began their season without a manager.

Aston Villa last year. Anyone else?

SanFranHibs
12-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Actually doing quite well before some came along and interfered with them !!

basehibby
12-07-2011, 09:41 PM

:tee hee:

leither17
12-07-2011, 10:21 PM

:not worth

The Harp
12-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Has anyone began a season without a 'gaffer?'

Not many I wouldn't have thought. Hibs about to become pioneers yet again? :confused:

IWasThere2016
12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
We have RP - he buys the players; he may as well pick them.

delbert
12-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Yes, us last season, because the slavering buffoon was as bad as, if not worse than, no manager at all.

CapitalHibs
12-07-2011, 11:50 PM
We have RP - he buys the players; he may as well pick them.

No, no -:tsk tsk: that's the Hibs.net posters' job.

lucky
13-07-2011, 06:46 AM
If we are a success without a manager or assistant the Tache will not fill the post. He will have Hibs making a profit. Hardly a decent player left to sell so sell the manager. If Hibs get £400k for CC then that's more than Bamba and Zemmama.
The Tache will have delivered again. The boardroom will be pleased.

_hucks_
13-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, us last season, because the slavering buffoon was as bad as, if not worse than, no manager at all.

But then, he was our manager. So we did start with a manager.

greenlad
13-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Obviously all hypothetical but I can't think of too many examples where a team has began their season without a manager.

Aston Villa last year. Anyone else?

Arsenal 1996-97 - didn't work out too badly:wink:

Jim44
13-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Reports suggest Petrie could have had £300K compensation a couple of weeks ago. Typically playing hardball, our astute financial mastermind is holding out for another £100K which is apparently in the pipeline. By the time this mess is sorted out, our team will be starting this season without a manager, all for the stubborn pride of gaining what amounts to only around 4,000 spectators paying at the door. Surely priorities are wrong somewhere.

marinello59
13-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Reports suggest Petrie could have had £300K compensation a couple of weeks ago. Typically playing hardball, our astute financial mastermind is holding out for another £100K which is apparently in the pipeline. By the time this mess is sorted out, our team will be starting this season without a manager, all for the stubborn pride of gaining what amounts to only around 4,000 spectators paying at the door. Surely priorities are wrong somewhere.
Reports suggest? That could read ''Guestimates of.......''
Seriously, is £100 000 mere loose change in your world or the business circles you operate in. Lucky you if it is.

The_Exile
14-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Seriously, is £100 000 mere loose change in your world or the business circles you operate in. Lucky you if it is.

:bye: Hiya Rod, hiya pal.

marinello59
14-07-2011, 09:22 AM
:bye: Hiya Rod, hiya pal.

I am much tighter with dosh than Petrie. :greengrin

Jim44
14-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Of course it's a lot of money but you have to look at it's relative value in relation to the amount of grief, uncertainty and disruption to the well-being of the team. I'd have loved to have seen the back of this guy weeks ago.

marinello59
14-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Of course it's a lot of money but you have to look at it's relative value in relation to the amount of grief, uncertainty and disruption to the well-being of the team. I'd have loved to have seen the back of this guy weeks ago.

I am not so sure the players are affected at the moment but that could potentially change if a new man comes in. As professionals they really should just be getting on with things.
I agree though, ideally this should have been resolved weeks ago. I think it has been largely out of the clubs hands though.
(I just think that though, I really don't know the truth. :greengrin)

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 11:52 AM
I am not so sure the players are affected at the moment but that could potentially change if a new man comes in. As professionals they really should just be getting on with things.
I agree though, ideally this should have been resolved weeks ago. I think it has been largely out of the clubs hands though.
(I just think that though, I really don't know the truth. :greengrin)

And the one man who could stop it continues to say nothing? For me thats knowingly contributing to the club being in limbo, certainly from this fans point of view. We should all be pulling in the same direction, he is making sure thats not the case.

IWasThere2016
14-07-2011, 11:58 AM
And the one man who could stop it continues to say nothing? For me thats knowingly contributing to the club being in limbo, certainly from this fans point of view. We should all be pulling in the same direction, he is making sure thats not the case.

:faf: You're willing him to fail .. you couldn't wait to wade in after a pre-season defeat to Livi.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 12:01 PM
:faf: You're willing him to fail .. you couldn't wait to wade in after a pre-season defeat to Livi.

My arse, i want hibs to win every game irrespective of who the manager is. You are an REMOVED.

IWasThere2016
14-07-2011, 12:02 PM
My arse, i want hibs to win every game irrespective of who the manager is. You are an REMOVED

:faf:

TrickyNicky
14-07-2011, 12:20 PM

My arse, i want hibs to win every game irrespective of who the manager is. You are an REMOVED.

:faf:

:na na::asshole::na na::asshole::na na::asshole::na na::asshole:

Sorry but this has made my day!

3pm
14-07-2011, 12:32 PM
:na na::asshole::na na::asshole::na na::asshole::na na::asshole:

Sorry but this has made my day!

Hibs.net's version of Ken Barlow and Mike Baldwin. :agree:

Unfortunately that makes Hibs 'Deirdre' but never mind. :greengrin

HNA6
14-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Jeez ..im staying oot o this discussion ..might get skelped wi a hand bag !!