PDA

View Full Version : ***CC - Staying Or Going?***/NFFC Appoint Coach MERGED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

justlikebrazil
12-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Have a funny feeling CC wont be at easter road much longer. Think he could be a number 2 at nottm forest soon. Ready to be shot down but something is brewing down Leith :agree: GGTTH :flag:

Liam89
12-06-2011, 07:27 PM
:fishin:

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Can't say I'd shed many tears if it came to pass, but I fear the only thing brewing down Leith way are more unsubstantiated rumours.

stokesmessiah
12-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Is there any job CC is not going to get linked to by Hibs fans !?

erin go bragh
12-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Have a funny feeling CC wont be at easter road much longer. Think he could be a number 2 at nottm forest soon. Ready to be shot down but something is brewing down Leith :agree: GGTTH :flag:
Why would he ? He left a premiership side in newcastle because he wanted to be his own man, so to say he would go back to a no 2 in a lower division is plain daft ,, ps bang bang :greengrin
ggtth

truehibernian
12-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Is there any job CC is not going to get linked to by Hibs fans !?

The Hibs job it seems :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
12-06-2011, 07:47 PM

So you have a feeling that he will leave Hibs to go back as a No. 2 to a club he was sacked from about a year or two back. Makes sense. :faf::faf:

stoneyburn hibs
12-06-2011, 07:51 PM
aye something is brewing, its your tea and its oot, :blah:

yekimevol
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
So you have a feeling that he will leave Hibs to go back as a No. 2 to a club he was sacked from about a year or two back. Makes sense. :faf::faf:

:top marks:top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Looks like Steve McLaren has that job. That surely boots this into touch?

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM

:crazy:

Andy74
12-06-2011, 08:00 PM

In my experience its Hearts fans who are obsessed with Hibs and flair so I think your Brazil user name is a bit of a giveaway?

JimBHibees
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
In my experience its Hearts fans who are obsessed with Hibs and flair so I think your Brazil user name is a bit of a giveaway?

Tend to agree.

Tricla
12-06-2011, 08:23 PM

Everything about this post spells :kbacker::monkey::dancer::jamboclow:trumpet::lolya m: for me.

LTYF!

justlikebrazil
12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
:flag::flag::agree:
Andy im defo not a ****bo!! I got told something about cc and aye it may be pish and did expect the flack but we will see what happens. Im a season ticket holder in the west stand upper but moving to the west lower for the new season. A ****bo never

Simpson
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Andy im defo not a ****bo!! I got told something about cc and aye it may be pish and did expect the flack but we will see what happens. Im a season ticket holder in the west stand upper but moving to the west lower for the new season. A ****bo never

Try us. :agree:

Mikey
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Ready to be shot down

I thought you said you were ready to get shot down? Doesn't look like it.

R'Albin
12-06-2011, 09:00 PM
:hnetinq:

chrisski33
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM
This is just a wind up thread

stokesmessiah
12-06-2011, 09:42 PM

replace "wind up" with P$$H

aberhibsfc
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Why would he ? He left a premiership side in newcastle because he wanted to be his own man, so to say he would go back to a no 2 in a lower division is plain daft ,, ps bang bang :greengrin
ggtth

I agree with your theory.

Though playing Devil's advocate, if he thought the writing was on the wall at Newcastle (which proved to be right) he maybe jumped before being pushed.

Again why would he assume a no 2 role there when he has previous as the no 1.

Anything's possible in football, well except us winning the Scottish Cup, I hope this rumour is outed as an unsubstantiated pile 'o pish.

Forza Fred
13-06-2011, 01:50 AM
fi fi fo fum, smells like an infiltrator

lapsedhibee
13-06-2011, 05:50 AM

No time to reply to this as off over to kickback to register there as wewonworldwarone.

Hibs Class
13-06-2011, 11:56 AM

I thought the user name referred to being just like alan brazil, well known sunday post writer, as his musings are also usually pish.

Dinkydoo
13-06-2011, 12:04 PM
New signings hopefully. :rolleyes:

jae
13-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Everything about this post spells :kbacker::monkey::dancer::jamboclow:trumpet::lolya m: for me.

LTYF!

No time to reply to this as off over to kickback to register there as wewonworldwarone.

I was the one who supplied JLB with the info.

I was told 2 weeks before before Billy Davis was sacked that the Hibs board are not happy with CC because they feel He has not commited himself to hibs. He has allegedly just purchased a 400K house in Nottingham. There are RUMOURS he was to be lined up as the NEW managers assistant.

I was told this from someone who knows an ex yam coach.
Does that make it any more reliable? Probably not. It may be pish I agree.

For the record JLB is a season ticket holder and I sat beside him last season. I haven't renewed this season and as I am not part of the Hibs.net clique I am probably a Yam aswell :rolleyes:

HNA6
14-06-2011, 05:05 AM

I was told 2 weeks before before Billy Davis was sacked that the Hibs board are not happy with CC because they feel He has not commited himself to hibs. He has allegedly just purchased a 400K house in Nottingham. There are RUMOURS he was to be lined up as the NEW managers assistant.

For the record JLB is a season ticket holder and I sat beside him last season. I haven't renewed this season and as I am not part of the Hibs.net clique I am probably a Yam aswell :rolleyes:Aw dry yer eyes man ...:blah:

poolman
14-06-2011, 07:04 AM

For the record JLB is a season ticket holder and I sat beside him last season. I haven't renewed this season and as I am not part of the Hibs.net clique I am probably a Yam aswell :rolleyes:

Well thats that then

Done and dusted :rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
14-06-2011, 07:26 AM
I agree with your theory.

Though playing Devil's advocate, if he thought the writing was on the wall at Newcastle (which proved to be right) he maybe jumped before being pushed.

Again why would he assume a no 2 role there when he has previous as the no 1.

Anything's possible in football, well except us winning the Scottish Cup, I hope this rumour is outed as an unsubstantiated pile 'o pish.

Now I think this thread is mince, however, regarding the point above - Derek Adams, left Ross County to become a no 2, granted he has gone back to being manager, but it is possible.

lapsedhibee
14-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Now I think this thread is mince, however, regarding the point above - Derek Adams, left Ross County to become a no 2, granted he has gone back to being manager, but it is possible.

:hmmm: But the example you've given is the exact opposite of what's being claimed about CC. If anything, it helps to confirm the idea that it's a bad move to go and be a No. 2 (oo-er) when you've been a manager!

HFC 0-7
14-06-2011, 08:45 AM
:hmmm: But the example you've given is the exact opposite of what's being claimed about CC. If anything, it helps to confirm the idea that it's a bad move to go and be a No. 2 (oo-er) when you've been a manager!

Its not the exact opposite, Adams left Ross County as manager to become hibs no2, exactly what people are talking about here, Calderwood leaving a manaerial position to become a no2.

stu in nottingham
14-06-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't think there is the slightest possibility that Nottingham Forest would have Colin Calderwood back, in any capacity. I'd be extremely surprised at that.

I haven't heard anything here about him buying a home in Nottinghamshire (which doesn't mean to say that he hasn't) but it's something many players and managers do that have had an affiliation with the clubs here because the city is in the middle of the country and commutable to a lot of jobs.

pentlando
14-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Its not the exact opposite, Adams left Ross County as manager to become hibs no2, exactly what people are talking about here, Calderwood leaving a manaerial position to become a no2.

I think he's alluding to the fact that your particular example highlights why it's such a bad idea to move to being a number 2 once you've been manager. Adams thought it would be beneficial but took him just 6 months to realise it was a bad idea.

lapsedhibee
14-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I think he's alluding to the fact that your particular example highlights why it's such a bad idea to move to being a number 2 once you've been manager. Adams thought it would be beneficial but took him just 6 months to realise it was a bad idea.

Aye, that's what I meant, but expresso'd it badly.

KiddA
14-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I heard today that CC has not moved his family up to Edinburgh yet. To me this is not a good sign. I don't want to be negative but there is not a lot going on just now and it seems he may not be interested.

Thoughts fellow Hibby's

KiddA

matty_f
14-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Not important at all, and not at all uncommon in football.

steakbake
14-06-2011, 09:12 AM
I heard today that CC has not moved his family up to Edinburgh yet. To me this is not a good sign. I don't want to be negative but there is not a lot going on just now and it seems he may not be interested.

Thoughts fellow Hibby's

KiddA

St Tony didn't deign to move his family either.

R'Albin
14-06-2011, 09:13 AM
It shows how much he wants to be here, considering he is prepared to leave his family for a while to take the job.

MyJo
14-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Thoughts fellow Hibby's

KiddA

Maybe he is more concerned about his kids and the upheaval for them in moving to edinburgh away from everything they know and are comfortable with when he will probably be working back down in England in a few years anyway because realistically if he is a success at Hibs he will get a better gig down there and if he isn't he'll be punted and can go back and look for other opportunities.

And im pretty sure he doesn't actually give a rats ass what the fans think about his personal life and domestic situation and TBH what exactly does it have to do with us?

JimBHibees
14-06-2011, 09:20 AM

Thoughts fellow Hibby's

KiddA

How many kids has he got? Thought I'd heard he had a teenage son from a previous marriage so he wouldnt be in a position to move him anyway. No idea of his family situation however cant imagine it is that different to alot of football people who keep their family in one place and work in another. Barry Ferguson for example had his wife and kids in Lanarkshire when he was playing in Blackburn.

ScottB
14-06-2011, 09:22 AM
He's divorced, so he's hardly gonna rip the kid away from his Mother and friends.

Honestly, is this level we are at now? People scouring CC's personal life to fuel a moan?

At The Edge
14-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Not important at all, and not at all uncommon in football.

This :agree:

Geo_1875
14-06-2011, 09:46 AM
He's divorced, so he's hardly gonna rip the kid away from his Mother and friends.

Honestly, is this level we are at now? People scouring CC's personal life to fuel a moan?

I think it's an outrage that he hasn't forced his ex-wife to move to Edinburgh. Total lack of commitment to the club.

yogibear1975
14-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Not important at all, and not at all uncommon in football

TOTALLY AGREE

it is about time people got off there ass and got them selfs a job rather than commenting on CC and his family FFS.

frazeHFC
This is up there with some of my threads for being the most stupid posts ever. :greengrin

yogibear1975
Not important at all, and not at all uncommon in football

TOTALLY AGREE

it is about time people got off there ass and got them selfs a job rather than commenting on CC and his family FFS.

Lets start talking positive for once.

hibs0666
14-06-2011, 10:30 AM

Thoughts fellow Hibby's

KiddA

He's divorced. Tell your source he/she's a plum. :wink:

greenlex
14-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I think you will find he is married. :greengrin

smurf
14-06-2011, 10:31 AM

Apparently he remarried a few weeks ago.

Allant1981
14-06-2011, 10:38 AM

His mrs had their baby in st johns so im pretty sure they were living here

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2011, 10:45 AM
His mrs had their baby in st johns so im pretty sure they were living here

Was this before or after he was married? It's important..............:agree:

KeithTheHibby
14-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Some of the thread on here are so stupid - well seen it's the close season.

HFC 0-7
14-06-2011, 11:06 AM

Very True, my point was that it can happen and has happened in the past, personally I think its a lot of rubbish. I do however think that Calderwood sees Hibs as a stepping stone and thats why he hasnt moved up here and travels down south all the time. To be honest, everyone wants to play or manage at the highest level and teams like hibs will be stepping stones along the way for them to achieve it. I am not really that bothered by it as long as he leaves us in a very good position and makes it easy for another manager to come in.

sahib
14-06-2011, 11:35 AM

I got the impression from interviews, that he had moved pretty close.
Mark Venus liked it here, as did his kids. I think they were at Watsons.

Jack
14-06-2011, 11:45 AM

Honestly, is this level we are at now? People scouring CC's personal life to fuel a
regurgitated moan?

Fixed that for you. :greengrin Its been gone over before at least once or twice before or twice before. :rolleyes:

In this quiet close season it should be a minimum requirement that any moan should at least be a new one. :agree:

3pm
14-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I think geography is irrelevant if I am honest. He'll do the best he can regardless of location.

The most modern way of running a succesful team is to target a Friday afternoon shopper (geography actually important in this instance), get them to act as the 'face' but pick and fax the team yourself from Eastern Europe.

It's the way forward. I am actually disappointed Calderwood has chosen to live in Edinburgh. Nothing like showboating from afar.

dangermouse
14-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I think geography is irrelevant if I am honest. He'll do the best he can regardless of location.

The most modern way of running a succesful team is to target a Friday afternoon shopper (geography actually important in this instance), get them to act as the 'face' but pick and fax the team yourself from Eastern Europe.

It's the way forward. I am actually disappointed Calderwood has chosen to live in Edinburgh. Nothing like showboating from afar.

I wonder why no one has tried this already. Revolutionary if you ask me.

judas
14-06-2011, 12:31 PM

I dunno about your Forrest link, but I have certainly heard that he is not happy at ER.

The difference between my post and yours is that mine was kicked into the long grass by the mods after 5 posts- yours has made it to over 20.

His family are not based in Edinburgh. He has not bought a house here. And there are enough rumours to at least suggest the possibility of disquiet.

Hope he is happy & hope he stays because I still believe that a motivated CC could do something.

judas
14-06-2011, 12:38 PM

Agreed - In my experience, anything mildly controversial is met with accusations of disloyalty on Hibs.net. It's the default setting.

sahib
14-06-2011, 12:39 PM
It don't take a genius to predict that any manager is about to leave especially a Hibs one.

weonlywon6-2
14-06-2011, 12:41 PM

spot on:aok:

if he goes,he goes,if he stays,he stays, i dont think to many on here would lose much sleep either way - just wish we would sign someone so we can get away from all this fishwife pash !

steakbake
14-06-2011, 12:47 PM
It will be what it is. :wink:

Arch Stanton
14-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Apparently he remarried a few weeks ago.

Is she from Leith?

Lucius Apuleius
14-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Note to self: Must relocate wife to Nigeria, it has been ten years right enough. Oops wait, I never took her to Singapore for the three years before that either!!!! Ma bad.

ScottB
14-06-2011, 12:58 PM
[/B]

spot on:aok:

if he goes,he goes,if he stays,he stays, i dont think to many on here would lose much sleep either way - just wish we would sign someone so we can get away from all this fishwife pash !

What? You mean his Edinburgh home is a 40 minute drive from ER? And even more than that from EM?? Where's the commitment? Clearly he's out the door!

PEEETTTTRRRRIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!

Probably not far from that one happening :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm not too keen on the way he speaks, what IS that silly accent he has? Is it Hibs class??????

Hibiza
14-06-2011, 01:32 PM
P1sh

jae
14-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Agreed - In my experience, anything mildly controversial is met with accusations of disloyalty on Hibs.net. It's the default setting.

LTYF :wink:

Kaiser1962
14-06-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm not too keen on the way he speaks, what IS that silly accent he has? Is it Hibs class??????

My father's family are in/from Stranraer mate. Wedding speeches are a nightmare.

MontrealHibs
14-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Calderwood to assist Shearer at Cardiff?

jabis
14-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Quack Quack :woohoo::woohoo: Quack Quack

Inch Cabbage
14-06-2011, 07:29 PM

Shearer going to Cardiff?

frazeHFC
14-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Shearer going to Cardiff?

SSN says he is holding talks with them.

Inch Cabbage
14-06-2011, 08:02 PM
SSN says he is holding talks with them.

Interesting! Thanks! Bellamy will be raging!

Beefster
15-06-2011, 06:36 AM

Nope.

heretoday
15-06-2011, 01:02 PM
CC not happy?

How can you tell?

Speedway
15-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Ultimately I think that if CC was to leave the club before the start of the new season, the board would have little option but to look at appointing a new manager.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Ultimately I think that if CC was to leave the club before the start of the new season, the board would have little option but to look at appointing a new manager.

I'm not so sure, i believe Rod now has the experience to take the bull by the horns and do the job himself.

Speedway
15-06-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm not so sure, i believe Rod now has the experience to take the bull by the horns and do the job himself.

Whom the board would need to appoint, no?

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Whom the board would need to appoint, no?

No, he'd stare at all the board members putting them all in a coma with one twitch of his tache. When he brought them back he'd tell them about his appointment they all voted for, then its on to Scottish cup wins and world domination under mousers marauders.

bawheid
15-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I dunno about your Forrest link, but I have certainly heard that he is not happy at ER.

The difference between my post and yours is that mine was kicked into the long grass by the mods after 5 posts- yours has made it to over 20.

His family are not based in Edinburgh. He has not bought a house here. And there are enough rumours to at least suggest the possibility of disquiet.

Hope he is happy & hope he stays because I still believe that a motivated CC could do something.

You were the one who was advocating running Benji out of town a few weeks before he scored two goals in a national cup final, weren't you? Little wonder then, that no one takes much notice of what you say.

Also - what's a mod? :hmmm:

:boo hoo:

The default setting on Hibs.net these days appears to be rabid paranoia, laced with negativity....with a hint of a taste of pink root vegetable.

marinello59
15-06-2011, 03:34 PM
You were the one who was advocating running Benji out of town a few weeks before he scored two goals in a national cup final, weren't you? Little wonder then, that no one takes much notice of what you say.

:boo hoo:

The default setting on Hibs.net these days appears to be rabid paranoia, laced with negativity....with a hint of a taste of pink root vegetable.

He may mean the scooter riding fraternity. Or maybe not.

HibsMax
15-06-2011, 06:40 PM
A moderator. But maybe you knew that already, your :hmmm: confused me though. LOL.

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi Guys - this is a genuine post from a Forest fan. Our new manager Steve McClaren met Calderwood a couple of days ago to discuss a role at Forest. they met in a Leicester Hotel. This is 100% genuine. Thre was a photo leaked on a forest fans website of them meeting (since removed). Reason for registering on here is to find out if you guys know anything about what is happening ?

We at Forest ae realistic enough to consider a manager moving from a Scottish Premier League Club to be part of a backroom at a Championship club as being a step down and couldnt understand why he would even talk to us ?

Is he unhappy at your club or unpopular or both ?

Worth keeping an eye on your end - I wouldnt waste mine or your time if they werent in talks. Just wondered if anyone your end can add to this ?

mim
18-06-2011, 11:55 AM
All we know here is that he is going about his business strengthening our squad for the new season.

PaulSmith
18-06-2011, 11:56 AM
http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=244755

can't really see it myself but as they say in football 'nothing would surprise me'

Sprouleflyer
18-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Guys - this is a genuine post from a Forest fan. Our new manager Steve McClaren met Calderwood a couple of days ago to discuss a role at Forest. they met in a Leicester Hotel. This is 100% genuine. Thre was a photo leaked on a forest fans website of them meeting (since removed). Reason for registering on here is to find out if you guys know anything about what is happening ?

We at Forest ae realistic enough to consider a manager moving from a Scottish Premier League Club to be part of a backroom at a Championship club as being a step down and couldnt understand why he would even talk to us ?

Worth keeping an eye on your end - I wouldnt waste mine or your time if they werent in talks. Just wondered if anyone your end can add to this ?

I heard it was CC offering McClaren a coaching roll at Easter Road?

As you say,that will be a step up for McClaren :wink:

bingo70

There's been mumblings of CC not being entirely happy but our new signings have spoken about how CC has got big plans for hibs so i've got my doubts if he's really unhappy.

I can't see him moving back to notts forest to be a number 2 at a place he was previously manager of but stranger things have happened i suppose.

cheers for the info though

Moulin Yarns

Interesting heads up, but why would they meet in Leicester, which is south of Nottingham, and not somewhere closer to either Nottingham or Edinburgh, or midway? Just asking, or maybe there is some Forest star coming up the road :wink:

PaulSmith
18-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Sorry, just read this at time of my post. Perhaps they were discussing possible transfers rather than offering a role but admins pls feel free to merge.

Wotherspiniesta
Why would the picture be removed? :confused:

What a load of pish.

Manxhibs
http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=244755

I don't think he will go as he is strengthening the squad currently and hasn't achieved anything with hibs yet, he'd be daft to leave

MSK
18-06-2011, 12:00 PM

Worth keeping an eye on your end - I wouldnt waste mine or your time if they werent in talks. Just wondered if anyone your end can add to this ?Could be friends & CC trying to get a player or 2 from Forest ..

nottmforestfan
All we know here is that he is going about his business strengthening our squad for the new season.

Well keep your eye on this - something is going on

moredun
Yeah he is going to leave being number 2 at Newcastle to be a number 2 at erm ... Forest where he got hounded out when he was manager.

Absolute pish

hibsbollah
18-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Interesting heads up, but why would they meet in Leicester, which is south of Nottingham, and not somewhere closer to either Nottingham or Edinburgh, or midway? Just asking, or maybe there is some Forest star coming up the road :wink:

That McGugan chap please. Good midfielder, would fit in well up here ;-)

Manxhibs
18-06-2011, 12:03 PM
We have been linked with a few of his ex players including earnshaw, so why couldn't he be meeting him to discuss transfers

Beefster
18-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah he is going to leave being number 2 at Newcastle to be a number 2 at erm ... Forest where he got hounded out when he was manager.

Absolute pish

Correct. I love how folk lose all thought process and reasoning on the Internet.

DAVE1875
18-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Are you able to post said leaked photo on here?

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Like I say - views of Forest fans are also that he would be daft to leave you - unless he had problems your end - hence why I came on here to ask ?

McClaren must think he has a chance of persuading him

They can very easily discuss players over the phone - this was a meeting about Calderwood working for McClaren I can assure you

He may well say no - but he made an effort to travel to Leicester for the meeting

Wotherspiniesta
18-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Like I say - views of Forest fans are also that he would be daft to leave you - unless he had problems your end - hence why I came on here to ask ?

They can very easily discuss players over the phone - this was a meeting about Calderwood working for McClaren I can assure you

He may well say no - but he made an effort to travel to Leicester for the meeting

You forgot to add FACT at the end of that sentence. Loses all credibility now.

Dunbar Hibee
18-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Pish.

ancient hibee
18-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I never believe posts that start" this is a genuine post".McLaren probably needs a new umbrella.

moredun
18-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Oh right, you never said you were there!!!

They can discuss players over the phone, but not about CC?

It's past pish mate it's covered in toleys

sleeping giant
18-06-2011, 12:14 PM

How could you possibly know this.

Utter utter drivel.

:na na:

One Day Soon
18-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Ok, let me be the first. Sniff, sniff. Sniffety, SNIFF, SNIFF, SNIFF.

What is the Gorgie public relations image looking like this particular weekend?

sleeping giant
18-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Ok, let me be the first. Sniff, sniff. Sniffety, SNIFF, SNIFF, SNIFF.

What is the Gorgie public relations image looking like this particular weekend?

Exactly what i was thinking. Must be a jumbo surely ?

moredun
18-06-2011, 12:19 PM
A very desperate and bitterly sad Jambo twat, who is so ashamed at his Paedophile bus shelter pals that he wants to wind others up, a sad and lame attempt.

Big Jim knew

Dunbar Hibee
18-06-2011, 12:24 PM
A very desperate and bitterly sad Jambo twat, who is so ashamed at his Paedophile bus shelter pals that he wants to wind others up, a sad and lame attempt.

Big Jim knew

:agree:

All THEY can talk about is US.

NOLA
18-06-2011, 12:26 PM
cant see it myself, im sure they are mates though, move along now, nothing to see here:greengrin

Manxhibs
18-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Delete the thread

--------
18-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Aye, right!

Terrible smell of sweet potato about here right now.... :rolleyes:

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Anyway guys - would not be a popular decision with most Forest fans if he did come back to us - trust me I have better things to do with my time than come on here to wind you up

The guy who posted the photo took it down because it wasnt his - someone has posted it on facebook though and he linked to it then took it down to stop the facebook guy getting a load of hassle

Exact same info on the forestforums was initially met with same disbelief as most of you guys had shown until he put the photo up and that then stopped everyone calling him a timewaster

I do have info to know this is about McClaren trying to poach Calderwood but I cant say how I know - so you guys will just have to continue to disbelieve me I suppose

We dont think he will come but trust me they have had talks and McClaren is doing his best to persuade him

Calderwoods ex goalkeeping coach Paul Barron from Newcastle has joined McClaren at Forest and he has recommended Calderwood to McClaren and sorted the meeting. Calderwood could have easily said not interested.

Calderwood keeping his options open no doubt - if he denies any talks then he is in trouble becaue I assure you the photo of them meeting is out there

I have not come on here as a wind up just as a football fan wanting to swap information that concerns both our teams - i have come across internet time wasters many times on the Forest forums I promise you

Dont blame you for disbelieving if one of your guys came on our forum you would get the exact same response from our guys

But honestly keep your eye out for this in next few days - they met two days ago face to face in leicester (30 mins drive from Nottingham) and it wasnt to discuss players

Here is the link where the guy who talked about the photo - got a load of stick - posted it - then got cold feet and removed it

http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17050&start=1

and the resulting thread:

http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17056&posts=24

Like one of your guys said above - strange things happen in football

basehibby
18-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Really can't see this happening as it'd be a step backwards for CC - going from a boss of a team which could qualify for Europe to a number 2 at a club which couldn't? Just doesn't make sense to me and neither would it make sense to CC given he left an equivalent position at an EPL club to come to Hibs.

What makes you so sure they were meeting to discuss a coaching position - could be a plethora of other stuff including possible transfers between the clubs or exchanging info re players in their respective leagues. Or maybe even just two old mates meeting for a chat as they happened to be in the same area.

sleeping giant
18-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Anyway guys - would not be a popular decision with most Forest fans if he did come back to us - trust me I have better things to do with my time than come on here to wind you up

The guy who posted the photo took it down because it wasnt his - someone has posted it on facebook though and he linked to it then took it down to stop the facebook guy getting a load of hassle

Exact same info on the forestforums was initially met with same disbelief as most of you guys had shown until he put the photo up and that then stopped everyone calling him a timewaster

I do have info to know this is about McClaren trying to poach Calderwood but I cant say how I know - so you guys will just have to continue to disbelieve me I suppose

We dont think he will come but trust me they have had talks and McClaren is doing his best to persuade him

If you already have the info about this , what do you need us for :confused:
What exactly is it you want to know ?

moredun
18-06-2011, 12:46 PM

Come on SG, he is from Nottingham, allegedly, he needs something to cheer him up

PaulSmith
18-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Forest fan, I'd ignore some of the posts above as, like every other club, there are fans who just can't believe anything other than good news happens down ER way.

As the story has been covered in genuine Forest sites as headline news then there could be something in it, to what extent we'll just need to wait and see but it would be a strange move to leave a manager's job to return to a asst position at a club where he appears to have been roundly vilified whilst manager.

If you hear anything else don't be shy in posting.

Ps if you are a Jambo then did FJK about Thomson?

Kevvy1875
18-06-2011, 12:50 PM
The OP's info is dodgier than Craig Thomsons facebook page IMO.:agree:

Moulin Yarns
18-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Come on SG, he is from Nottingham, allegedly, he needs something to cheer him up

I' just back from a short break, where I stayed in the centre of Nottingham. If he needs cheered up all he needs to do is go far a walk round the streets near the clubs late at night on a Friday or Saturday. Puts Newcastle to shame, the lack of clothing worn by some girls :agree:

stokesmessiah
18-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Forest fan, I'd ignore some of the posts above as, like every other club, there are fans who just can't believe anything other than good news happens down ER way.

As the story has been covered in genuine Forest sites as headline news then there could be something in it, to what extent we'll just need to wait and see but it would be a strange move to leave a manager's job to return to a asst position at a club where he appears to have been roundly vilified whilst manager.

Unlike you who seems to make good news sound bad !!! :rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
18-06-2011, 12:53 PM

At least that would never happen with Hibs

MSK
18-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Come on SG, he is from Nottingham, allegedly, he needs something to cheer him upHe is from Nottingham ..

Kaiser1962
18-06-2011, 12:54 PM
We have been linked with a few of his ex players including earnshaw, so why couldn't he be meeting him to discuss transfers

Alternatively CC may have been giving SM a heads up on the backstabbing bar stewards in the Forest boardroom. Or the moaning fans. They know each other, CC has a house down south, maybe seeing his kids? Sm is in the area so they agree to meet up for a blether.

Or it could all be utter gash.

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 01:05 PM

i came on to see if he was unpropular or pissed off at Hibs - and why is he considering us ?

I know McClaren has targeted him - but like you cannot see why this would be a good move for Calderwood

If you guys told me he had just had a bust up with your chairman or he gets booed off the pitch every match it would have made sense why he was considering a move back to England

If not then sounds like McClaren has a tough job on his hands persuading him to join him at Forest - but that is what he is trying to do.

Guys last week we thought the rumour of McClaren coming to us was bull**** - same with this but strange things are happening at forest all of a sudden

Calderwood is NOT popular at Forest and if he did come back most would see it as a backward step our end as well as you can tell if you look to the response since the photo was shown on the forum etc

I have added the links where Forest fans are discussing it all on last thread of page 1

I will leave you guys alone now anyway

(On forest forums someone just posted that one of your guys had already posted something about this day before we sacked billy davies and over a week before mcclaren met calderwood)

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?211540-calderwood</div>

You never know if it happens you might end up with Billy Davies ! That would be interesting for you guys !

truehibernian
18-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Could be discussing/following up interest in Brendan Maloney (if what I posted yesterday is correct.....who knows).

Or it could be two football friends meeting for a catch up and blether.........between McLaren's dutch accent and CC's Stranraer there would have had to be an interpreter in-between them surely :greengrin

MSK
18-06-2011, 01:13 PM
i came on to see if he was unpropular or pissed off at Hibs - and why is he considering us ?

I know McClaren has targeted him - but like you cannot see why this would be a good move for Calderwood

If you guys told me he had just had a bust up with your chairman or he gets booed off the pitch every match it would have made sense why he was considering a move back to England

If not then sounds like McClaren has a tough job on his hands persuading him to join him at Forest - but that is what he is trying to do.

Guys last week we thought the rumour of McClaren coming to us was bull**** - same with this but strange things are happening at forest all of a sudden

Calderwood is NOT popular at Forest and if he did come back most would see it as a backward step our end as well as you can tell if you look to the response since the photo was shown on the forum etc

I have added the links where Forest fans are discussing it all on last thread of page 1

I will leave you guys alone now anywayGood luck in your season ahead mate ..:aok:

GloryGlory
18-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Really can't see this happening as it'd be a step backwards for CC - going from a boss of a team which could qualify for Europe to a number 2 at a club which couldn't? Just doesn't make sense to me and neither would it make sense to CC given he left an equivalent position at an EPL club to come to Hibs.

What makes you so sure they were meeting to discuss a coaching position - could be a plethora of other stuff including possible transfers between the clubs or exchanging info re players in their respective leagues. Or maybe even just two old mates meeting for a chat as they happened to be in the same area.

:agree: Two managers chewing the fat, gossip about who may be available, maybe CC asking about SMcL's time in Holland and any players that may suit Hibs (SMcL apparently said "Ed de Graaf" :greengrin), SMcL catching up about the game in Britain, young upcoming players in England and Scotland, maybe he was asking for a reference for Deeks - like you say, could be something, but probably nothing.

Moulin Yarns
18-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Google Images of Colin Calderwood and Steve McClaren and you get

this (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrischarles/elephant595.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.awaygoalsrule.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D17%26t%3D5365&usg=__Yk0LaFZBiJNEgrKzrL9QbFh2q_g=&h=335&w=595&sz=124&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=dVejxF7N1LFd7M:&tbnh=118&tbnw=210&ei=cKT8Tfe1B4b0sgb-8MjuDQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcolin%2Bcalderwood%2Band%2Bsteve%2Bmc claren%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL _en-GB%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D633%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=639&vpy=266&dur=15&hovh=168&hovw=299&tx=149&ty=82&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0&biw=1280&bih=633)

:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
18-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Google Images of Colin Calderwood and Steve McClaren and you get

this (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrischarles/elephant595.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.awaygoalsrule.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D17%26t%3D5365&usg=__Yk0LaFZBiJNEgrKzrL9QbFh2q_g=&h=335&w=595&sz=124&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=dVejxF7N1LFd7M:&tbnh=118&tbnw=210&ei=cKT8Tfe1B4b0sgb-8MjuDQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcolin%2Bcalderwood%2Band%2Bsteve%2Bmc claren%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL _en-GB%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D633%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=639&vpy=266&dur=15&hovh=168&hovw=299&tx=149&ty=82&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0&biw=1280&bih=633)

I found this:

Moulin Yarns
18-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I found this:

That's just creepy

Nevi1875
18-06-2011, 01:24 PM
The OP's info is dodgier than Craig Thomsons facebook page IMO.:agree:

Fantastic :top marks

GGTTH

nonshinyfinish
18-06-2011, 01:29 PM
I found this:

:hilarious

Golden Bear
18-06-2011, 01:33 PM
It's not long ago that CC was considered the Devil himself by, what it seemed, to be a substantial number of posters.

But as soon as a fan from another club dare suggests that moves may be afoot to lure him from Hibs, then open warfare is declared!

It's a funny old world!

:coolhib:

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 01:38 PM
It's not long ago that CC was considered the Devil himself by, what it seemed, to be a substantial number of posters.

But as soon as a fan from another club dare suggests that moves may be afoot to lure him from Hibs, then open warfare is declared!

It's a funny old world!

:coolhib:

And we dont even want him !

Anyway good luck next season - whatever happens !

SloopJB
18-06-2011, 01:39 PM

Right city, wrong team

PeterboroHibee
18-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Unless things are happening behind the scenes that hes not happy about theres not a chance this will happen. He seems quite happy to be getting on with building a team at Hibs, just got O'Hanlon who he has admitted is a player hes been interested in for quite a while, why give that up to go back as a number 2 at a Championship club?

Would be quite annoying to lose yet another manager as well, we need some consistancy at the club and not changing managers nearly every season.

Inch Cabbage
18-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Nothing like a good hibs.net witch hunt eh?

Has it ever been considered he left the Toon right before the manager was sacked and even if he isn't that interested he might be speaking to him our of courtesy?

As for sniff sniff and calling him a jambo (yam aye that's well funny and offensive) get a grip. If we heard a manager (Like Adams) was in talks with CC for the number 2 gig then we would want more info off the managers clubs forum.

Velma Dinkley
18-06-2011, 02:47 PM
very embarrasing opening post and hilarious that some people are trying to stick up for the poster. maybe some people need to figure out what team they really support :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Schounds dooble dooch to me.

frazeHFC
18-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I saw a rumour that we are after a young Forrest player, although it was on football rumours, i believe it's more likely than this.

greenginger
18-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Question for the Notts Forest fan,

IF you are successful in luring our manager have you got funds for the compensation that we will be due ?

A couple of Million minimum I'd guess. Have you heard of our MR Petrie ?:greengrin

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Question for the Notts Forest fan,

IF you are successful in luring our manager have you got funds for the compensation that we will be due ?

A couple of Million minimum I'd guess. Have you heard of our MR Petrie ?:greengrin

If that is true we have no chance of getting him !

But so far hasnt stopped McClaren asking the questions

I have no doubt both McClaren and Calderwood can invent an alternative reason for why they met to avoid any fallout

McClaren sacked the assistant manager and all his coaches day one of the job and has been in dialogue with Calderwood ever since

And if you believe the post of the Hibs guy on here - it sounds like McClaren had already spoken to Calderwood before he even got the job

Beefster
18-06-2011, 03:44 PM

Has it ever been considered he left the Toon right before the manager was sacked and even if he isn't that interested he might be speaking to him our of courtesy?

As for sniff sniff and calling him a jambo (yam aye that's well funny and offensive) get a grip. If we heard a manager (Like Adams) was in talks with CC for the number 2 gig then we would want more info off the managers clubs forum.

Aye, cos taking a job that you don't really want along with a big pay cut is better than having the remainder of your contract being paid up before having to find another job anyway. That's not forgetting that by 'right before the manager was sacked' you would appear to mean 8 weeks before the manager was sacked.

It's more likely that Calderwood REALLY wanted to be his own man and stand or fall on his own ability. That was worth taking a pay cut and moving from the Premiership.

As I said earlier, folk really don't think things scenarios through before they post them.

Incidentally, how many 'hibs.net witch hunts' has there been in the 18 days, tops, since you registered?

Inch Cabbage
18-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Aye, cos taking a job that you don't really want along with a big pay cut is better than having the remainder of your contract being paid up before having to find another job anyway. That's not forgetting that by 'right before the manager was sacked' you would appear to mean 8 weeks before the manager was sacked.

It's more likely that Calderwood REALLY wanted to be his own man and stand or fall on his own ability. That was worth taking a pay cut and moving from the Premiership.

As I said earlier, folk really don't think things scenarios through before they post them.

Incidentally, how many 'hibs.net witch hunts' has there been in the 18 days, tops, since you registered?

Has Houghton found a new gig yet like? I think Calderwood, in a managerial position is a better line to be in than on the dole with a payoff from Newcastle.

The writing was on the wall he was getting sacked before he did, I think we both know that.

It may be more likely he wanted to be his own man again of course, but we are both just speculating that and nothing is concrete. The same as his reasons for meeting McLaren (if he did) and hounding the OP for spouting pish and being a jambo for passing on information.

Maybe not in the 18 days, does everyone who registers on register the first time they log on to here like? I viewed the forum for a long time and in this time if theres a post that the majority don't like or don't agree with they get hounded, even from Admins. It's pretty pathetic at times.

Why would a lad from Nottingham register on a Hibs forum and make up a story? He wouldn't. People need to get a grip. :aok:

Inch Cabbage
18-06-2011, 04:03 PM
If that is true we have no chance of getting him !

But so far hasnt stopped McClaren asking the questions

I have no doubt both McClaren and Calderwood can invent an alternative reason for why they met to avoid any fallout

McClaren sacked the assistant manager and all his coaches day one of the job and has been in dialogue with Calderwood ever since

And if you believe the post of the Hibs guy on here - it sounds like McClaren had already spoken to Calderwood before he even got the job

Cheers for the info mate. Lets hope nothing comes of it and I don't think CC would want to leave us at this moment as he doesn't seem the quitting type but I assume he has family and friends in the area so it could be a possibility of McLaren asking an experienced manager and number 2 to come on board as he obviously knows the club and it's expectations extremely well.

One Day Soon
18-06-2011, 04:13 PM

Aww, diddums. :rolleyes:

One Day Soon
18-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Has Houghton found a new gig yet like? I think Calderwood, in a managerial position is a better line to be in than on the dole with a payoff from Newcastle.

The writing was on the wall he was getting sacked before he did, I think we both know that.

It may be more likely he wanted to be his own man again of course, but we are both just speculating that and nothing is concrete. The same as his reasons for meeting McLaren (if he did) and hounding the OP for spouting pish and being a jambo for passing on information.

Maybe not in the 18 days, does everyone who registers on register the first time they log on to here like? I viewed the forum for a long time and in this time if theres a post that the majority don't like or don't agree with they get hounded, even from Admins. It's pretty pathetic at times.

Why would a lad from Nottingham register on a Hibs forum and make up a story? He wouldn't. People need to get a grip. :aok:

And you KNOW he's from Nottingham because.......?

Inch Cabbage
18-06-2011, 04:18 PM
And you KNOW he's from Nottingham because.......?

Because HappyHibee said so :taxi

One Day Soon
18-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Because HappyHibee said so :taxi
How does he know?

I'm very happy to withdraw any suggestion of Yam infestation if there is evidence to the contrary.

Cabbage East
18-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Jambo mutant alert

Petrie's Tache
18-06-2011, 04:41 PM
How does he know?

I'm very happy to withdraw any suggestion of Yam infestation if there is evidence to the contrary.

Because admins can check up addresses to see where it is being posted from?

Beefster
18-06-2011, 04:47 PM

My IP shows on various websites as being in London (or England) but I'm in East Lothian so code that gets IP location isn't 100% accurate, I don't think.

lapsedhibee
18-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Yam has taken a train to Nottingham and then posted, FACT.

iwasthere1972
18-06-2011, 04:52 PM
My IP shows on various websites as being in London (or England) but I'm in East Lothian so code that gets IP location isn't 100% accurate, I don't think.

Surely there's at least one Hearts supporter who actually lives in Nottingham.

Simples. :wink:

Speedway
18-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Wasn't this the meeting to discuss the signing of Brendan Maloney?

sahib
18-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Surely there's at least one Hearts supporter who actually lives in Nottingham.

Simples. :wink:

Whether the motives of the original poster are dubious or not, this story is all over the net on various football forums. This again is little or no guarantee of truth but if this poster is on the wind up then he has concocted a story and laid the groundwork for it with an intelligence and skill reminiscent of a D-day diversionary plot. So why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt.:na na:

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Well just noticed that another Forest forum now has the link to the picture of this meeting to "discuss Hibs signing Brendan Maloney" according to some of you guys !:wink:

(Maloney's future - not exactly first priority for Mcclaren having sacked the assistant manager and entire coaching staff at Forest just a couple of days earlier I would suggest) Personally I dont think Mcclaren will pull this off especially if as some of you guys say there is a lot of compensation involved - no idea what kind of clauses Calderwood has in his contract though.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=112180105539610&set=a.108723619218592.17761.100002428643613&type=1&theater

Broken Gnome
18-06-2011, 06:09 PM
More importantly....... is CC's drink of sufficient class? Hard to tell from the picture, could be coffee, water or mixer. Acceptable choices.

marinello59
18-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Whether the motives of the original poster are dubious or not, this story is all over the net on various football forums. This again is little or no guarantee of truth but if this poster is on the wind up then he has concocted a story and laid the groundwork for it with an intelligence and skill reminiscent of a D-day diversionary plot. So why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt.:na na:

You mean deploying World War winning tactics? :hmmm:

RickyS
18-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Well just noticed that another Forest forum now has the link to the picture of this meeting to "discuss Hibs signing Brendan Maloney" according to some of you guys !:wink:

(Maloney's future - not exactly first priority for Mcclaren having sacked the assistant manager and entire coaching staff at Forest just a couple of days earlier I would suggest) Personally I dont think Mcclaren will pull this off especially if as some of you guys say there is a lot of compensation involved - no idea what kind of clauses Calderwood has in his contract though.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=112180105539610&set=a.108723619218592.17761.100002428643613&type=1&theater

anyone know who the 3rd guy is? Forrest's chairman? cc's agent?:wink:

matty_f
18-06-2011, 06:18 PM
To be honest, the meeting could be about anything. I don't know if McClaren and CC have any previous of working together, or if they know each other socially. However unlikely, this could also have been a chance meeting, and it could of course been a meeting about CC taking a role up with McClaren.

However, if it's the latter, Hibs would need to have given permission for it, and I don't think that CC, Forrest, or McClaren would be naive enough to push on with discussions without Hibs knowing.

WindyMiller
18-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Apart from here and Vital Football, where else has this been posted?

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Apart from here and Vital Football, where else has this been posted?

ltlf another forest forum is where I got the link to the pic from (not sure if it is on any other Forest forums as there are lots of them) its on facebook as well

marinello59
18-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Maybe McClaren just wanted some hints on how to replicate the Nottingham accent. Although asking CC could prove to be a mistake.

greenlex
18-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Calderwood should be sacked immediately on the basis of that pic. They could be discussing anything but the colour of his sweater is a shocker and he should be launched NOW.

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 06:31 PM
To be honest, the meeting could be about anything. I don't know if McClaren and CC have any previous of working together, or if they know each other socially. However unlikely, this could also have been a chance meeting, and it could of course been a meeting about CC taking a role up with McClaren.

The only link found between the two that Forest fans can establish is that Paul Barron is being newly appointed Forest Goalkeeping coach (he always works with Mcclaren)and Barron worked with calderwood at Newcastle - the suggestion is Barron may have recommended Calderwood to Mcclaren and perhaps arranged this meeting.

Anyway that really is enough from me - I did genuinely come on here to see if you guys had heard anything frrom the Hibs end we obviously have loads of rumoursour end - you guys obviously not from the replies so far (other than the guy last week before Davies even got sacked ??) - lets see if anything happens or not

One thing for sure I will be amazed if we are thinking about selling Maloney - we cant get full backs for love or money at Forest - sore point with us

WindyMiller
18-06-2011, 06:34 PM
ltlf another forest forum is where I got the link to the pic from (not sure if it is on any other Forest forums as there are lots of them) its on facebook as well

The first mention of this is on Vital this morning, everything else could stem from that.

Jonnyboy
18-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Maybe McClaren just wanted some hints on how to replicate the Nottingham accent. Although asking CC could prove to be a mistake.

:faf: :top marks

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 06:38 PM
The first mention of this is on Vital this morning, everything else could stem from that.

No mate the guy who claimed to see the meeting started a thread yesterday but got shot down at the time prior to that there were lots of rumours flying around.

Vital themselves ran the story once the pic came out today

Velma Dinkley
18-06-2011, 06:47 PM
so do you think mclaren will leave his job at nottingham forrest to be hibs assistant?

nottmforestfan
18-06-2011, 06:51 PM
This is what one of your own guys posted last week day before Mcclaren got Forest job out of interest:

Velma Dinkley
18-06-2011, 06:57 PM
nobody takes anything we say seriously. we talk a load of mince.

KeithTheHibby
18-06-2011, 06:57 PM
From the pic it is quite clear that CC is meeting McLaren however if there is more to this than meets the eye why are they sitting in what is a very public place?

They are hardly being discreet about it are they? I think there is perfectly logical explanation for this but don't ask me what!

Part/Time Supporter
18-06-2011, 07:00 PM
It could be as simple as McClaren wanting to talk to a recent(ish) Forest manager about the club, including player(s) who are still there from Calderwood's time. McClaren hasn't managed an English club side for five years and has never managed at that level.

The Falcon
18-06-2011, 07:01 PM
This is what one of your own guys posted last week day before Mcclaren got Forest job out of interest:

One of those threads starts every day on here buddy. Do we even know if this is a recent pic and where is it?

I would suggest we were well down the road with negotiations and Davies being emptied has thrown a spanner in the works.

It could also be about hee haw.

KeithTheHibby
18-06-2011, 07:03 PM
It could be as simple as McClaren wanting to talk to a recent(ish) Forest manager about the club, including player(s) who are still there from Calderwood's time. McClaren hasn't managed an English club side for five years and has never managed at that level.

Perhaps but surely McLaren would have made the trip to Scotland as opposed to CC heading down south? You could be right...

My feeling is that CC is looking to set up some kind of tie in with Forest, perhaps with an opportunity for Hibs to get some of Forest's fringe players.

The Falcon
18-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Perhaps but surely McLaren would have made the trip to Scotland as opposed to CC heading down south? You could be right...

My feeling is that CC is looking to set up some kind of tie in with Forest, perhaps with an opportunity for Hibs to get some of Forest's fringe players.

I take it the one on the right is Calderwood? Not exactly crystal clear is it?

WindyMiller
18-06-2011, 07:05 PM

The OP from that thread is viewing this thread but not taking part, perhaps he should put in his tuppence worth?

KeithTheHibby
18-06-2011, 07:07 PM

You have a point but it is CC.

The other guy is the key, who is he???

Hibernia Na Eir
18-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Why would the picture be removed? :confused:

What a load of pish.

rubbish and why would cc take a step down? Nott forest not a big club no more so makes no sense

iwasthere1972
18-06-2011, 08:09 PM

I was merely pointing out that because someone posts from Nottingham they don't necessarily have to support a team in that area. He could be a Yam follower although I didn't say that he could be at the wind up either. So :na na:

PaulSmith
18-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Journo on Twitter now reporting that Hibs and Forest are in talks.

Strange but true: Colin Calderwood IS set for a return to #nffc. #Forest and #Hibs have been in talks. Fair play to the boys at Vital

iwasthere1972
18-06-2011, 08:25 PM

It's as bad as some of those photos they show you on Crimewatch then expect you to put a name to them.

Anyway the photo looks like it could have been taken in the Leicester Marriott Hotel (Atrium Bar) so if anyone would care to phone them up and ask if CC was in during the week having a refreshment with two other blokes that would be great. :aok:

Spot the dodgy carpet.

http://www.superbreak.com/hotels/leicester_marriott_2_night_offer_1st_night_dinner-images-4597.htm

Mikey
18-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Strange but true: Colin Calderwood IS set for a return to #nffc. #Forest and #Hibs have been in talks. Fair play to the boys at Vital

Who is it that's reporting it?

marinello59
18-06-2011, 08:29 PM

Has he reported it to his paying employers as well? Not doubting it but what journo would put this sort of exclusive out for free?

PaulSmith
18-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Nottingham journo John Percy?

SRHibs
18-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in all honesty. Sproule and O'Connor seem to me like signings made my the board, and not Calderwood.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Who is it that's reporting it?

Some guy called John Percy from Fanhouse.

There are quite a few comments on Twitter reporting Calderwood's imminent return to Nottingham Forest.

marinello59
18-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Some guy called John Percy from Fanhouse.

There are quite a few comments on Twitter reporting Calderwood's imminent return to Nottingham Forest.

That's it then. FACT.:greengrin

Mikey
18-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in all honesty. Sproule and O'Connor seem to me like signings made my the board, and not Calderwood.

The board had better have a good supply of tin hats if that happens.

matty_f
18-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Have to say I'd be pretty raging if CC was to leave now. What's the point in going through the process of getting players in for the new season and then doing a bolt? Think about the boy O'Hanlon that's just signed, one of the reasons was because CC had been after him for a while, only for CC to then go.

Would have to question someone returning to a club where they've had the top job, going back as an assistant as well.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2011, 08:38 PM
That's it then. FACT.:greengrin

:greengrin Not making a comment either way, just reporting what I've read.

To be fair, they were bang on the money with Ryan Giggs. :greengrin

PaulSmith
18-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Have to say I'd be pretty raging if CC was to leave now. What's the point in going through the process of getting players in for the new season and then doing a bolt? Think about the boy O'Hanlon that's just signed, one of the reasons was because CC had been after him for a while, only for CC to then go.

Would have to question someone returning to a club where they've had the top job, going back as an assistant as well.

I agree Matty, I just don't get it and I'm actually hoping for the sake of the club that it's crap.

I still cant fathom it out though, O'Hanlon for one only two days ago would suggest that it's rubbish.

SRHibs
18-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Tin hat on, but I really don't feel that losing Calderwood would be a huge deal. He's a very average manager IMO. One thing he has done if he does go, is left his potential successor with virtually a clean slate to start with. So hopefully we won't have to go through that dreaded 'transition period' that we seem to be in 95% of the time.

Anyway, it's all conjecture at the moment.

matty_f
18-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree Matty, I just don't get it and I'm actually hoping for the sake of the club that it's crap.

I still cant fathom it out though, O'Hanlon for one only two days ago would suggest that it's rubbish.

Would be typical Hibs though, from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Will wait and see how it pans out, no point getting worked up about something which is still only a rumour. Could easily have stemmed from someone seeing them together and putting 2 and 2 together to get 5.

spike220
18-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I can smell a jambo a mile away. Delete this thread please.

:troll:

SRHibs
18-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I can smell a jambo a mile away. Delete this thread please.

:troll:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4826/smcandcc.jpg

spike220
18-06-2011, 09:06 PM
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4826/smcandcc.jpg

What does this prove miss Marple?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/Joan_Hickson.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Joan_Hickson.jpg)

Nothing!

PaulSmith
18-06-2011, 09:08 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/Joan_Hickson.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Joan_Hickson.jpg)

Nothing!

The journo reporting it from Nottingham has been a jambo waiting, even before cc was appointed to Hibs, for this moment! :)

SRHibs
18-06-2011, 09:08 PM

Nothing!

Ok, it doesn't conclusively prove anything, but it gives some credence to what the OP says. Too many people get prematurely labelled "Yams" on here.

Iggy Pope
18-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Seems straightforward to me - Calderwood, obviously not communicating off-pitch instruction to EDG as well as he might like, gets a few, er.....insh-truc-shonsh in the Dutch venacular from his old buffoon Dick Van Dyke mate.

Sheemplesh.

McIntosh
18-06-2011, 09:18 PM
CC has been in England discussing 2 transfers - it would be amazing if he was going anywhere but staying as Hibs manager. By all accounts one of the targets is Brendan Moloney of Nottingham Forest this has the simple ring of crediability.

SRHibs
18-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Seems straightforward to me - Calderwood, obviously not communicating off-pitch instruction to EDG as well as he might like, gets a few, er.....insh-truc-shonsh in the Dutch venacular from his old buffoon Dick Van Dyke mate.

Sheemplesh.

:tee hee::tee hee:

Beefster
18-06-2011, 09:22 PM

I'd be raging and completely ****ed off with Rodders and co. If it did come to pass, they had better have a watertight explanation and superb communication (for once).

matty_f
18-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I'd be raging and completely ****ed off with Rodders and co. If it did come to pass, they had better have a watertight explanation and superb communication (for once).

What would you expect them to say? Clubs are practically powerless in this situation. If CC wants to go the Board will make the gesture of blocking the move, but ultimately we all know what the outcome will be.

That's the same for practically every club in the world. I can't think of an instance where a club has successfully held off an approach for a manager where he has wanted the move.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Maybe its just me, but i cant see any truth in this. I'd imagine they are talking about players.

To be fair nothing surprises me with footbal, but he's been bringing players in and saying he is glad he has the chance to build the club from scratch.

Anyone know what odds Jimmy Calderwood is for the hibs job?:wink:

matty_f
18-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Maybe its just me, but i cant see any truth in this. I'd imagine they are talking about players.

To be fair nothing surprises me with footbal, but he's been bringing players in and saying he is glad he has the chance to build the club from scratch.

I definitely think there's a less 'sinister' reason for the meeting than trying to take CC as an assistant. Think it's more a case of someone putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Beefster
18-06-2011, 09:39 PM
What would you expect them to say? Clubs are practically powerless in this situation. If CC wants to go the Board will make the gesture of blocking the move, but ultimately we all know what the outcome will be.

That's the same for practically every club in the world. I can't think of an instance where a club has successfully held off an approach for a manager where he has wanted the move.

I'd want to know why a Hibs manager, who left as assistant at a well-supported Premiership club to become Hibs manager, is leaving to become an assistant at a less well-supported Championship club.

There have been rumours of him being unhappy for months now. Considering the things that Collins, Mixu and Hughes have said about the Hibs Board (sometimes very subtly), if they lose a fourth manager in 3.5 years, they need to look at their working practices very, very carefully.

This is all assuming that there is any truth to it. I still have very strong doubts.

Mikey
18-06-2011, 09:40 PM

You would have to assume that. Two guys as recognisable as McLaren and Calderwood wouldn't be meeting in public if it was about CC going to Forest.

archiebald
18-06-2011, 09:43 PM
CC is Colin Cooper

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2011, 09:44 PM
I definitely think there's a less 'sinister' reason for the meeting than trying to take CC as an assistant. Think it's more a case of someone putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

:agree:

Aubenas
18-06-2011, 09:44 PM
No idea of the reality of this, but we need to get a grip, we're getting as paranoid as the soapdodgers. What we do know is:

CC came to Hibs to be his own man

Despite some messageboard hysteria, he has seemed to be assured and confident in what he's trying to do here.

He has spent the summer making signings that match most supporters' view of what we needed

He is not liked at Notts Forest and McClaren will be wanting to curry favour with the supporters

He could well have been discussing transfers or meeting a mate

McClaren may well have thought it worthwhile asking how things were at Hibs as part of a larger chat about UK football to get up to speed

CC and McClaren may well share scouting contacts

If he was getting out, why meet in such an obviously public place - there are thousands of more secret alternatives

His son lives in London, not the Midlands. CC has a flat in Northampton which he has kept as it gives him a pad for late Saturday before driving on to London Sunday Morning to play golf with his kid.

Given the avge lifespan of a manager is 18 months, you'd be absolutely crazy in the present property climate to try to buy and sell every time you switched jobs.

Managers live and die by their CVs. If he moved to be a number 2 after so short a time at Hibs, CC would be declaring he didn't have the bottle/ambition to be a manager.

People who know him say he's very principled. If he was unhappy at Hibs I'm sure he would walk - or at least do things above board. He certainly wouldn't be making signings if he had no intention of staying.

People who ahve actually spoken to him are impressed by his plans for the club, and while you might put this down to pr spin, Sproule and O'Connor who know the club both seem happy enough to return with confidence.

Finally, to the Board haters: all clubs have good and bad periods. Ultimately it's about a large slice of luck involving managers and players gelling. Without a vast investment - which Hibs will never get - cos so few fans can be arsed going to Easter Rd - all a Board can do is establish a sound financial footing so as to maximise the amount of income that can be spent on players. Everything that a Board can reasonably be expected to do to ensure success, our Board have done and done to a high degree. The bits that involve luck have not worked so well - but the same is true currently at Arsenal and Chelsea who have trillions to spend.

I am still completely lost as to why people would translate supporting Hibs into cascading a stream of misery and pessimism on messageboards. Supporting the Hibs is the greatest privilege on earth. Imagine not appreciating that. Imagine instead concocting fantasies that the Board are sabotaging the club's success.
Unbelievable.

Dibben
18-06-2011, 09:49 PM
No idea of the reality of this, but we need to get a grip, we're getting as paranoid as the soapdodgers. What we do know is:

CC came to Hibs to be his own man

Despite some messageboard hysteria, he has seemed to be assured and confident in what he's trying to do here.

He has spent the summer making signings that match most supporters' view of what we needed

He is not liked at Notts Forest and McClaren will be wanting to curry favour with the supporters

He could well have been discussing transfers or meeting a mate

McClaren may well have thought it worthwhile asking how things were at Hibs as part of a larger chat about UK football to get up to speed

CC and McClaren may well share scouting contacts

If he was getting out, why meet in such an obviously public place - there are thousands of more secret alternatives

His son lives in London, not the Midlands. CC has a flat in Northampton which he has kept as it gives him a pad for late Saturday before driving on to London Sunday Morning to play golf with his kid.

Given the avge lifespan of a manager is 18 months, you'd be absolutely crazy in the present property climate to try to buy and sell every time you switched jobs.

Managers live and die by their CVs. If he moved to be a number 2 after so short a time at Hibs, CC would be declaring he didn't have the bottle/ambition to be a manager.

People who know him say he's very principled. If he was unhappy at Hibs I'm sure he would walk - or at least do things above board. He certainly wouldn't be making signings if he had no intention of staying.

People who ahve actually spoken to him are impressed by his plans for the club, and while you might put this down to pr spin, Sproule and O'Connor who know the club both seem happy enough to return with confidence.

Finally, to the Board haters: all clubs have good and bad periods. Ultimately it's about a large slice of luck involving managers and players gelling. Without a vast investment - which Hibs will never get - cos so few fans can be arsed going to Easter Rd - all a Board can do is establish a sound financial footing so as to maximise the amount of income that can be spent on players. Everything that a Board can reasonably be expected to do to ensure success, our Board have done and done to a high degree. The bits that involve luck have not worked so well - but the same is true currently at Arsenal and Chelsea who have trillions to spend.

I am still completely lost as to why people would translate supporting Hibs into cascading a stream of misery and pessimism on messageboards. Supporting the Hibs is the greatest privilege on earth. Imagine not appreciating that. Imagine instead concocting fantasies that the Board are sabotaging the club's success.
Unbelievable.

:top marks

Hopefully... :greengrin

147lothian
18-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Did Calderwood, not leave Newcastle United to manage in his own right! I would be surprised if he left to become another number two

justlikebrazil
18-06-2011, 10:10 PM
The OP from that thread is viewing this thread but not taking part, perhaps he should put in his tuppence worth?
Tuppence worth!!!! I was told about CC and Forrest last sunday and posted here about it but the usual hibs net was shot down and called a YAM!!! What i was told is that CC could be looking to go back south and there has DEFO been an approach from forrest for him. :na na: GGTTH :flag:

Dibben
18-06-2011, 10:15 PM
CC is Colin Cooper

Could be him???

Colin Cooper (http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10266~2311729,00.html) former NFFC favourite/captain as well!!!

marinello59
18-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Tuppence worth!!!! I was told about CC and Forrest last sunday and posted here about it but the usual hibs net was shot down and called a YAM!!! What i was told is that CC could be looking to go back south and there has DEFO been an approach from forrest for him. :na na: GGTTH :flag:

So is it GGTTH or stuff you all, I am right?

frazeHFC
18-06-2011, 10:27 PM
The person who took that photo must be pretty tall.

:taxi

heretoday
18-06-2011, 10:34 PM
CC strikes me as the sort who wants to do things his own way.

If he does go though I vote for Walter Smith as manager.

Jones28
18-06-2011, 10:39 PM
surely calderwood moving to Forest and getting the chance to feature in the Premier League in the future would be more of an incentive than anything else?

hibee_patty
18-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Could it simply be CC and Mclaren are good friends? CC is down at Forrest meeting up with old friends or family there?

CallumLaidlaw
18-06-2011, 10:47 PM
surely calderwood moving to Forest and getting the chance to feature in the Premier League in the future would be more of an incentive than anything else?

Was he not already an EPL assistant manager at Newcastle?

I would say doing well at us would look better on his cv than assistant at forest

frazeHFC
18-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Forrest want Riordan so were getting CC views on how he will do.....? :greengrin

R'Albin
18-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I can't be arsed reading through all of this thread, so why does everyone now believe this rumour has substance?

CallumLaidlaw
18-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I can't be arsed reading through all of this thread, so why does everyone now believe this rumour has substance?

There is a link to a Facebook picture of what LOOKS LIKE Steve mclaren, some other guy and CC sitting in a hotel lobby. Also a local Nottingham journalist has posted on twitter that Theres talks between hibs and forest

R'Albin
18-06-2011, 10:58 PM
There is a link to a Facebook picture of what LOOKS LIKE Steve mclaren, some other guy and CC sitting in a hotel lobby. Also a local Nottingham journalist has posted on twitter that Theres talks between hibs and forest

Cheers, I can't see it, they will probably be talking about a potential transfer or something?

harpo
18-06-2011, 10:59 PM
So is this the real reason CC's assistant Derek Adams left for Ross County and and why CC has still yet to replace him.:hmmm:

Speedway
18-06-2011, 11:00 PM
How do we know that this picture is recent?

CallumLaidlaw
18-06-2011, 11:02 PM
So is this the real reason CC's assistant Derek Adams left for Ross County and and why CC has still yet to replace him.:hmmm:

Wouldn't Adams have stuck around for a shot at the managers job then?

whiskyhibby
18-06-2011, 11:04 PM

NO, Derek wanted to be his own man again, as CC does at Hibs, who would deny him that, particularly as they seem to be investing ( Ross County that is) in the playing side with some good aquisitions recently

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

frazeHFC
18-06-2011, 11:10 PM

Because i took it on Thursday of course, keep up.

:taxi

I think i will go to bed now. I have resorted to irrelevant, sarcastic and down-right stupid posts in the last half an hour.

Speedway
18-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I wonder if this is why the o'hanlon signing was held up, the board were waiting for assurances before signing someone he'd identified.

RickyS
18-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Was he not already an EPL assistant manager at Newcastle?

I would say doing well at us would look better on his cv than assistant at forest

and therein lies the problem?:greengrin

WindyMiller
19-06-2011, 12:11 AM

The photo was "created" 19/06/11 @ 01:07, no idea when it was taken.

nottmforestfan
19-06-2011, 06:36 AM

The rumour has been around Nottingham since then as well - so you can imagine when somebody gets a photo of them together in a Hotel which did happen a few days later it is inevitable people give the rumour more credence. Since then it has gone mad on Forest forums with at least 50% not wanting him back.

At end of day if you read the Forest forums about this - we are just as sceptical of why he would return to us as you guys are wondering why he would leave you. Which in all honesty if you go back to my very opening post in this thread was the very reason I came on here.

To find out if there were problems between him and your chairman or him and your fans.

Has been a real eye opener to me how quick you guys were to belittle it all and say it was all "pish" I think the word was more than once. I wouldnt have wasted your time concocting all this. Never knew what a Yammy was either until now ! lol

The journalist who is saying Forest and Hibs are in talks is John Percy - he is freelance - his stories end up in many of the National papers so I would expect you will see more of this in the media in next few days.

I only came on here to find out a bit more and give you guys a heads up. Not to gloat becasue like I say we are unconvinced that Calderwood should come back anyway.

The one thing this will now do is force him to either commit himself to you guys or at least the issue to come out in the open. I am sure him and Mcclaren can find an excuse for the meeting if he decides to stay with you guys. (If they say it was to discuss signings take that with a pinch of salt though - at the moment everything McClaren is upto is about announcing his backroom team - having sacked all of the existing ones last Wednesday). McClaren needs an assistant manager, a development team manager and about 4 coaches in place before he can start thinking about driving to Leicester to have a chat about players. Something as basic as talking about players or advice over old times at Forest from Calderwood they would have done over the phone in minutes - as I said on here before. McClaren is in a hurry to get his assistant on board. That is something that is done face to face. Asking about player availability is something tht happnes over the phone.

The other guy we believe is Bill Beswick - a sports psychologist who follows McClaren everywhere he works. He will have been there to help sell the vision of what McClaren wants to do with our club ! lol

Forest have just spent millions on a state of the art academy and McClaren stated in his first interview to press that he intended to find a high calibre manager to head development of 18 to 21 year old players and bring them through to the first team.

He also said the backroom team he was going to put together would be Premier League quality as that was where the club needed to be.

I am guessing this is the "vision" he is trying to sell to Calderwood. I also suggest Calderwood would be mad not to listen to any offer put his way even if deep down he knows he is probably going to stay with you.

Just accept the fact the McClaren is trying to lure him away. Doesnt mean it will happen by a long way.

Kaiser1962
19-06-2011, 06:40 AM

I agree with this reply. Nothing they can do about it although other than tittle tattle there is no indication that he is unhappy here. We know his family are down south but he has never indicated that this is an issue.

I agree :agree:

Kaiser1962
19-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Anything in any of the papers today?

IF there has been a meeting, and IF the photo is genuine and IF the guy is a reporter then it's news, up here at least, and someone will be running it.

nottmforestfan
19-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Latest tweet from the journalist is this:

" Not done yet. Clubs talking. CC on good contract there with pricey escape clause."

Suggests that he believes Hibs are aware of Forest's interest

BroxburnHibee
19-06-2011, 07:01 AM

" Not done yet. Clubs talking. CC on good contract there with pricey escape clause."

Pure guesswork IMO.

Load of pish the lot of it.

Kaiser1962
19-06-2011, 07:05 AM

No he's not. Was he not the cheap option????? :dunno:

Seriously there's the guys get out right there. It was always going to happen BUT Hibs had a good contract with a "pricey escape clause". I think......

The only bit that worries me is Blackpool's comment that nothing would surprise him in football. And it wouldnt.

Cropley10
19-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Why would CC want to leave? :rolleyes: Maybe being Hibs manager hasn't been all he thought it might be? :dunno: Lets not kid ourselves on - the SPL is a poor, poor standard.

nottmforestfan
19-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Pure guesswork IMO.

Load of pish the lot of it.

How long have you been supporting your team ?

How often do strange things happen in football ?

Ok Mcclaren doesnt want Calderwood ! Have it your way.

Cropley10
19-06-2011, 07:10 AM

Sheemplesh.

:hilarious:

nottmforestfan
19-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Also on Forest forum various people are saying that Calderwood has been awful for you and that you would be glad to see the back of him.

Doesnt seem like that on here at all ?

Kaiser1962
19-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Also on Forest forum various people are saying that Calderwood has been awful for you and that you would be glad to see the back of him.

We're like that with everybody. Dont worry about it.

BroxburnHibee
19-06-2011, 07:31 AM
How long have you been supporting your team ?

How often do strange things happen in football ?

Ok Mcclaren doesnt want Calderwood ! Have it your way.

The only thing that happens often round here is wind up merchants (usually yams) starting pish rumours.

This has all come about because of this picture? Yes?

No other evidence to back it up.

I'll say it again - absolute pish!

Golden Bear
19-06-2011, 07:39 AM

We're allowed to criticise our own but we also get very defensive when others dare to suggest the same thing.

nottmforestfan
19-06-2011, 07:42 AM

The only thing that happens often round here is wind up merchants (usually yams) starting pish rumours.

This has all come about because of this picture? Yes?

No other evidence to back it up.

I'll say it again - absolute pish!

No the rumour started in Notts that Mcclaren had targeted Calderwood a few days before the meeting - the meeting then happened (and a Forest fan claimed he had a photo to prove it that even the Forest fans didnt believe at time). Then he posted the photo on facebook and people started to think there may be something in this after all. Now a Midlands based reporter is saying Forest and Hibs are in talks.

(You also have a guy on here co-incidentally who stated Forest had targeted Calderwood to be assistant manager the day before Mcclaren was even announced our manager.)

Why you guys would doubt that McClaren would target Calderwood for his backroom team is beyond me ?

Saying that they would both travel to Leicester to talk about transfers is also naive. They could do that over the phone in ten minutes like every other football manager does. If McClaren wanted advice about managing Forest he could have phoned him - again a ten minute phonecall.

Whether McClaren persuades him is a totally different question altogether. But saying it is a load of pish is just being naive about what goes on behind the scenes in football.

BroxburnHibee
19-06-2011, 07:50 AM
No the rumour my point exactly started in Notts that Mcclaren had targeted Calderwood a few days before the meeting - the meeting then happened (and a Forest fan claimed he had a photo to prove it (it isn't proof - I can't make out its Calderwood) that even the Forest fans didnt believe at time). Then he posted the photo on facebook and people started to think there may be something in this after all. Now a Midlands based reporter is saying Forest and Hibs are in talks. I suspect that reporter (like many before him) has lifted that story straight off the messageboards

(You also have a guy on here co-incidentally who stated Forest had targeted Calderwood to be assistant manager the day before Mcclaren was even announced our manager.)

Why you guys would doubt that McClaren would target Calderwood for his backroom team is beyond me ?

Whether he gets him is a different question altogether. But saying it is a load of pish is just being naive about what goes on behind the scenes in football.

I'm not naive - just been on here long enough to not get my knickers in a twist when yet another rumour grows arms and legs and people start to believe it as fact.

Lucius Apuleius
19-06-2011, 07:52 AM
With all these years of supporting Hibs, nothing would surprise me at all. Would I be bothered? Probably for five minutes.

Is the OP a yam? I think not. Far too articulate.