PDA

View Full Version : ***CC - Staying Or Going?***/NFFC Appoint Coach MERGED

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Kaiser1962
28-06-2011, 05:07 PM
This is the slowest footballing drama in history.

Hearts have had a resident sex offender caught, charged, convicted, backed, criticised by charities, sponsors, lawyers and councils before suspending him in the same space of time. They always do things bigger and better than us. They'll probably back him again before Calderwood leaves too.

:faf:

Silver Fox
28-06-2011, 05:07 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7008934,00.html

Adam Rooney to Brum, so is that cc getting his tuppence in with his new club then?

matty_f
28-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Considering this was a done deal however long ago (to either Forest or Birmingham), they aren't half dragging their heels with it all!

DH1875
28-06-2011, 05:24 PM
FFS is this still dragging on. CC better get the finger out one way or another, and soon.

Westie1875
28-06-2011, 05:26 PM

Adam Rooney to Brum, so is that cc getting his tuppence in with his new club then?

Too much of a co-incidence for it not to be IMO. :rolleyes:

Dibben
28-06-2011, 05:34 PM
This is the slowest footballing drama in history.

Hearts have had a resident sex offender caught, charged, convicted, backed, criticised by charities, sponsors, lawyers and councils before suspending him in the same space of time. They always do things bigger and better than us. They'll probably back him again before Calderwood leaves too.

:greengrin

Wheat Hound
28-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Hypothetically, could CC have tapped up Rooney for Brum, thus not trying to secure a player for us? If so, it certainly adds to the farce of this saga.

Alternatively, the SSN news article might be pash and both CC and Rooney could be at ER next season?

Yours,

Confused, baffled, fed up and desperate for some stabilty and a 'non transitional' season.

SloopJB
28-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Does that mean Rooney HAS to go?
I thought he maybe had a say in who he played for.

I heard CC was in talks with RP. Does that mean CC is coming to Hibs?

Silver Fox
28-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Does that mean Rooney HAS to go?
I thought he maybe had a say in who he played for.

I heard CC was in talks with RP. Does that mean CC is coming to Hibs?

CC is Colin Calderwood? :confused:

Captain Trips
28-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Rumours are CC was seen in window of the 6th floor of The Texas school book depository.

Wheat Hound
28-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Rumours are CC was seen in window of the 6th floor of The Texas school book depository.

I knew it!!!!!!

Get Costner on the phone, Petrie, pronto!!!!

SloopJB
28-06-2011, 05:58 PM
CC is Colin Calderwood? :confused:

yep, I know.
just more pish amongst the other pish

Arch Stanton
28-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Considering this was a done deal however long ago (to either Forest or Birmingham), they aren't half dragging their heels with it all!

We want him to go because he has the audacity to walk out and leave us - makes sense.

However, if he doesn't leave do we still want him to go - given that he didn't leave I mean?

All very confusing. :agree:

snooky
28-06-2011, 06:08 PM
This is the slowest footballing drama in history...........

Yeh, I bet the writers of "Constipation Street" pick up this storyline.

matty_f
28-06-2011, 06:08 PM
We want him to go because he has the audacity to walk out and leave us - makes sense.

However, if he doesn't leave do we still want him to go - given that he didn't leave I mean?

All very confusing. :agree:

I've still not made up my mind about it all, if he stays I'll support him and the team, if he goes I'm not going to be upset about it.

Dibben
28-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I've still not made up my mind about it all, if he stays I'll support him and the team, if he goes I'm not going to be upset about it.

:agree:

Sums it up pretty well for me...

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2011, 06:20 PM

I dont think he can possibly stay. He's done nothing to give the club players or fans any confidence he's here for 1 week 1 month or 1 year. He could stop this speculation now with a statement, but nothing.

Add last years shambles on top, i'd be very upset if he stayed.

sahib
28-06-2011, 06:25 PM
He should go and sue Hibs for aggravated dismissal rather than let Birmingham pay Hibs compensation.

Peevemor
28-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I dont think he can possibly stay. He's done nothing to give the club players or fans any confidence he's here for 1 week 1 month or 1 year. He could stop this speculation now with a statement, but nothing.

Why do you say that? Do we know what (if anything) has been said to the players?

matty_f
28-06-2011, 06:28 PM

I know what you're saying, but I think there's still a way that he could stay at Hibs, and that would be if he was to choose Hibs even after seeing what was on offer elsewhere. I think he's found himself in the position where (unusually) two clubs have expressed interest in him at the same time.

I think if we were all being honest with ourselves, there are very few of us that wouldn't at least hear what a courting potential employer had to say before deciding what to path we wanted to take - more so if there were the reported family issues to consider as well.

Luckily, nobody asks us the questions about what our employment choices would be if we were in that situation. We don't have thousands of people waiting to hear if what we're going to do, and most of us don't have the same thousands of people with the blinkered and passionate view of our employer as we do of Hibs.

I think if we were in that position and were asked the questions that CC was asked, it would be hard to be honest and still answer the questions, especially if a decision was still to be made on what we wanted to do.

IMHO, if he weighs up the options and stays at Hibs, he'll be here for a while. There aren't loads of managers whose first choice of assistant manager would be CC. Forest and Birmingham wanted him for specific reasons that don't apply to most other clubs. Nor is there likely to be a massive queue of suitors looking for him to fill a managerial role at the moment.

CC staying would take us into next season where the team has been shaped by the current manager, where pretty much every position from front to back has been signed or re-signed by the manager. I really despair at the prospect of another transitional season. It's not what we need.

We need stability and we need a team and a culture to grow at Hibs. To get this we need a constant manager, with consistent methods, messages and systems.

It is, IMHO, of far greater benefit to Hibs to have CC stay, than it is to let him leave.

Aubenas
28-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I know what you're saying, but I think there's still a way that he could stay at Hibs, and that would be if he was to choose Hibs even after seeing what was on offer elsewhere. I think he's found himself in the position where (unusually) two clubs have expressed interest in him at the same time.

I think if we were all being honest with ourselves, there are very few of us that wouldn't at least hear what a courting potential employer had to say before deciding what to path we wanted to take - more so if there were the reported family issues to consider as well.

Luckily, nobody asks us the questions about what our employment choices would be if we were in that situation. We don't have thousands of people waiting to hear if what we're going to do, and most of us don't have the same thousands of people with the blinkered and passionate view of our employer as we do of Hibs.

I think if we were in that position and were asked the questions that CC was asked, it would be hard to be honest and still answer the questions, especially if a decision was still to be made on what we wanted to do.

IMHO, if he weighs up the options and stays at Hibs, he'll be here for a while. There aren't loads of managers whose first choice of assistant manager would be CC. Forest and Birmingham wanted him for specific reasons that don't apply to most other clubs. Nor is there likely to be a massive queue of suitors looking for him to fill a managerial role at the moment.

CC staying would take us into next season where the team has been shaped by the current manager, where pretty much every position from front to back has been signed or re-signed by the manager. I really despair at the prospect of another transitional season. It's not what we need.

We need stability and we need a team and a culture to grow at Hibs. To get this we need a constant manager, with consistent methods, messages and systems.

It is, IMHO, of far greater benefit to Hibs to have CC stay, than it is to let him leave.

:top marks Excellent sensible post Matty it'll never catch on :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Why do you say that? Do we know what (if anything) has been said to the players?

His silence says it all to me. Of course the players are the most important part of this, but his silence to the fans has told me at least he does not want to commit himself, to us or the players.

This is the most important time of the year, new signings, new season tickets bought, he's not done whats best for Hibernian football club. He'd **** on us without the blink of an eye.

Beefster
28-06-2011, 06:52 PM

Too much of a co-incidence for it not to be IMO. :rolleyes:

Hypothetically, could CC have tapped up Rooney for Brum, thus not trying to secure a player for us? If so, it certainly adds to the farce of this saga.

Alternatively, the SSN news article might be pash and both CC and Rooney could be at ER next season?

Yours,

Confused, baffled, fed up and desperate for some stabilty and a 'non transitional' season.

To suggest that Calderwood is already setting players up for Birmingham is a ridiculous slur on the man's integrity IMHO and doesn't stand up to any level of scrutiny.

.Sean.
28-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Megson - now there's a manager.
Aye, he's a manager alright. A ***** one, but a manager nonetheless.

Badge
28-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Looks like somethings happening. See the BBC

HibsMax
28-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Looks like somethings happening. See the BBC

This (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13952424.stm)?

If so, doesn't tell us anything. Just says that the BBC has learned that City have asked to speak. Was permission given? Has he spoken to them?

Jones28
28-06-2011, 07:27 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13952424.stm

Badge
28-06-2011, 07:30 PM

If so, doesn't tell us anything. Just says that the BBC has learned that City have asked to speak. Was permission given? Has he spoken to them?
So I take it then by updating their news the BBC think that nothing has changed?

Benny Brazil
28-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Jeez this is like the election of a new Pope by the College of Cardinals - we're just waiting on the plumes of black smoke from Petrie Chapel to let us know whats happening.

The Hurricane
28-06-2011, 07:36 PM
So I take it then by updating their news the BBC think that nothing has changed?
Just back from hol in Malta could only get English papers. The mirror on monday says Brum have opened negotiations with Hibs about CC. I have missed most of the news on this so apologies if this has been posted before.

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Just back from hol in Malta could only get English papers. The mirror on monday says Brum have opened negotiations with Hibs about CC. I have missed most of the news on this so apologies if this has been posted before.Wish I'd missed most of it, it's becoming a real drag :yawn:

YehButNoBut
28-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Jeez this is like the election of a new Pope by the College of Cardinals - we're just waiting on the plumes of black smoke from Petrie Chapel to let us know whats happening.

:agree: This has to be the most boring will he/won't he manager saga I have ever experienced totally bored with the whole thing now. :yawn: :zzzzz!:

Then once he goes it will be another who is next saga, seems to be an annual event these days. :blah: :crazy:

HibsMax
28-06-2011, 07:42 PM

Not necessarily, they might be reporting snippets of news as they get them which is tedious for us. Imagine this:

Breaking News : the BBC understands that Birmingham City are interested in Colin Calderwood for their assistant manager post

Breaking News : the BBC understands that Birmingham City have asked Hibs for permission to contact Colin Calderwood for their assistant manager post

Breaking News : the BBC understands that Birmingham City have contacted Colin Calderwood with respect to their assistant manager post. Colin was not available so they left a voicemail.

Breaking News : the BBC understands that Birmingham City have contacted Colin Calderwood with respect to their assistant manager post. Negotiations are believed to be ongoing.

and so on....

EDIT : Damn, here again. Can anyone recommend a 12-step program to get me outta this thread?

Keith_M
28-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Breaking news on the Calderwood situation - He hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Excuse me while I now go away for two weeks and watch paint dry.

SmokieJoe
28-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Can't see any problem here. If he wants to go Hibs can't say ok then argue about compensation with Birmingham (or Forest). If either of them meet RPs compensation terms then they can make an offer to CC. You can't expect CC to come out and say he's definitely staying when he might not. Both Hibs and CC are doing it all proper and above board, as we should know to expect. I've no problem with CC if he decides to stay.

:applause

Jonnyboy
28-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Isn't it white smoke?

signed

A pedant (who may be wrong to be so pedantic :greengrin)

R'Albin
28-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Not necessarily, they might be reporting snippets of news as they get them which is tedious for us. Imagine this:

Breaking News : the BBC understands that Birmingham City are interested in Colin Calderwood for their assistant manager post

Breaking News : the BBC understands that Birmingham City have asked Hibs for permission to contact Colin Calderwood for their assistant manager post

Breaking News : the BBC understands that Birmingham City have contacted Colin Calderwood with respect to their assistant manager post. Colin was not available so they left a voicemail.

Breaking News : the BBC understands that Birmingham City have contacted Colin Calderwood with respect to their assistant manager post. Negotiations are believed to be ongoing.

and so on....

EDIT : Damn, here again. Can anyone recommend a 12-step program to get me outta this thread?

:agree: I know these BBC "stories" are doing ma heed in!

And I could do with bit in bold anaw, although it's the same regurgitated pish i still find myself constantly checking and posting on this thread!

dirtydirk
28-06-2011, 07:56 PM
The BBC guy on twitter just posted that Birmingham have now asked hibs for permission to speak to calderwood

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Isn't it white smoke?

signed

A pedant (who may be wrong to be so pedantic :greengrin)It believe you are correct and it is white :agree:

I think it would be black smoke in Petrie's case though. :greengrin

R'Albin
28-06-2011, 07:57 PM
The BBC guy on twitter just posted that Birmingham have now asked hibs for permission to speak to calderwood

OMG!!!!:dizzy::dizzy:

YehButNoBut
28-06-2011, 08:07 PM

:thumbsup: :bye: :aok: :hyper:

:I'm waiti

:tumble:

Benny Brazil
28-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Isn't it white smoke?

signed

A pedant (who may be wrong to be so pedantic :greengrin)

Depends whether Petrie is getting the compo he wants or what mood he is in :greengrin

Pretty sure its white if they havent made a decision and black if they have - but again prepared to be corrected.

Edit: its the other way round - the old man was right! :)

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Depends whether Petrie is getting the compo he wants or what mood he is in :greengrin

Pretty sure its white if they havent made a decision and black if they have - but again prepared to be corrected.

The ballots are then burned, as well as all notes made. If a new Pope has been elected, the papers are burned with chemicals (it used to be wet straw) to give white smoke. Otherwise, they give off black smoke, so that the waiting crowds, and the world, know whether their new Holy Father will soon emerge from the Sistine Chapel.Fascinating and more interesting than the topic of this thread now :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-06-2011, 08:18 PM

Age has its advantages sometimes :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Fascinating and more interesting than the topic of this thread now :greengrin

True J but the mind boggles at these guys using chemicals :greengrin

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 08:22 PM
True J but the mind boggles at these guys using chemicals :greengrin:greengrin

Benny Brazil
28-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Fascinating and more interesting than the topic of this thread now :greengrin

Dan - that looks like it was from the same website I checked to see if I could correct Jonnyboy:greengrin

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Dan - that looks like it was from the same website I checked to see if I could correct Jonnyboy:greengrinAye, probably the same site :agree: I thought it was white but checked tae see if I was correct first before posting :greengrin

You'll need tae get up early tae catch the auld yin oot. :greengrin

anyway I suppose we better stop dragging this of topic.

Callum_62
28-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Wait till Wednesday....Announce CC gone and immediately announce his replacement....?

Benny Brazil
28-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Aye, probably the same site :agree: I thought it was white but checked tae see if I was correct first before posting :greengrin

You'll need tae get up early tae catch the auld yin oot. :greengrin

anyway I suppose we better stop dragging this of topic.

Yes, we will be in danger of turning this thread into a boring topic.

HibsMax
28-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Yes, we will be in danger of turning this thread into a boring topic.

You mean like drilling for oil in Alaska?

Andy74
28-06-2011, 08:34 PM

It tells us Birmingham have approached Hibs which is more than the conjecture we've had.

HibsMax
28-06-2011, 08:38 PM
It tells us Birmingham have approached Hibs which is more than the conjecture we've had.

Sorry, I meant it tells us nothing in terms of where Calderwood will be next season. It's not really a news story in and of itself, it's only part of a story. It's incremental reporting. Yes, it is an update, that much is true, but we don't even know if Hibs said Yes or No.

Thanks, BBC. We now know that someone at Birmingham contacted Hibs. Things are really moving along now.

J-C
28-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Re tweeted by Mark Benstead from real radio......

liammcleod79 (http://twitter.com/#!/liammcleod79)Liam McLeod
by markbenstead

#BirminghamCity (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23BirminghamCity) have asked for permission to speak to the #Hibernian (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Hibernian) manager Colin Calderwood about their assistant's job

1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/#!/liammcleod79/status/85797197844725760)Favorite (http://twitter.com/#)Retweet (http://twitter.com/#)Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

LancashireHibby
28-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Megson - now there's a manager.

NO!!!

hfc rd
28-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Really hope we find out tomorrow if he is away or if he is staying. This is really starting to drag on now.

Jim44
28-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Calderwood's position at ER is totally untenable. Even if Petrie (which he won't IMHO) knocked back both Birmingham and Nottingham F., Calderwood would probably be the most unpopular person to hold the manager's job at Hibs and we would probably suffer greatly with this weakling in charge. However, if Petrie says, categorically 'no', Calderwood will walk away anyway and the receiving club will bite the bullet and pay the price. I just want to see the back of this nonentity who should never have been appointed in the first place. Please go now , Colin.

HibsMax
28-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Calderwood's position at ER is totally untenable. Even if Petrie (which he won't IMHO) knocked back both Birmingham and Nottingham F., Calderwood would probably be the most unpopular person to hold the manager's job at Hibs and we would probably suffer greatly with this weakling in charge. However, if Petrie says, categorically 'no', Calderwood will walk away anyway and the receiving club will bite the bullet and pay the price. I just want to see the back of this nonentity who should never have been appointed in the first place. Please go now , Colin.

What if it was CC that knocked back advances from both these clubs? I'm not saying that will happen, just wondering if his position will still be untenable. Basically CC says that he cannot categorically discount a move elsewhere (silly thing to say, no doubt). He weighs up his options which are currently understood to be Hibs, Brum and Notts Forest. He chooses Hibs. Would the fans accept that?

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 10:43 PM
What if it was CC that knocked back advances from both these clubs? I'm not saying that will happen, just wondering if his position will still be untenable. Basically CC says that he cannot categorically discount a move elsewhere (silly thing to say, no doubt). He weighs up his options which are currently understood to be Hibs, Brum and Notts Forest. He chooses Hibs. Would the fans accept that?The fact that he is even considering job offers at all from other clubs tae be a number 2 over being number 1 at ER tells me all I need tae know about his commitment tae Hibs.

of course he could be trying tae get away from somebody :hmmm:

HH81
28-06-2011, 10:46 PM
So is this old news?

HNA9
28-06-2011, 10:49 PM
So is this old news?

Only if you count 3.5 hours as old.

snooky
28-06-2011, 10:50 PM
I'd like to think that The Tache has been putting out feelers for a replacement since day one of this epic saga of "Willie Wontie"

oldbutdim
28-06-2011, 10:51 PM
So is this old news?

It's at least this old

"Page last updated at 19:12 GMT, Tuesday, 28 June 2011 20:12 UK"

HH81
28-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Only if you count 3.5 hours as old.

Oh didn't notice that. If only I had been as wise as you. Cheers boss. :taxi

Jim44
28-06-2011, 10:55 PM
What if it was CC that knocked back advances from both these clubs? I'm not saying that will happen, just wondering if his position will still be untenable. Basically CC says that he cannot categorically discount a move elsewhere (silly thing to say, no doubt). He weighs up his options which are currently understood to be Hibs, Brum and Notts Forest. He chooses Hibs. Would the fans accept that?

I certainly wouldn't. He's only month's into a contract, during which time he has (albeit insipidly) gone on about his excitement, contentment , satisfaction, challenge etc., and now we find he's wetting his pants at the prospect of walking out in favour of a 'better bag of sweeties' (sic). He will only turn down the English clubs if the money is not right, but that's unlikely as they will undoubtedly meet anything he gets up here. For me, the guy has shown his cards and there is no way back.

snooky
28-06-2011, 10:56 PM

I won't. He should have just said "thanks, but not interested".

I'm sure he knows Chris Hughton well enough to have spoken to him at length on the position offered before it was made official. The fact that Brum have approached us means CC is happy with what's been offered by City.
I'll be very surprised (and disappointed) if he stays now.

Jones28
28-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Calderwood surely has to go, if he stays he certainly wont be receiving any support from me after the way this has happened

Lmc2105
28-06-2011, 11:20 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3665676/Hibs-eye-Bollan-as-boss.html

well that was unexpected :rolleyes:

One Day Soon
28-06-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm beginning to get a distinctly 'Calender Thread' feeling about this thread, just add in Green Goblin and we're there.

Please make it stop.

One Day Soon
28-06-2011, 11:24 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3665676/Hibs-eye-Bollan-as-boss.html

Oh dear. At this point a standard dictionary definition of what we take 'Hibs class' to mean would be useful.

Springbank
28-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm the official "Leave the Green Goblin Alone" poster

Any other defenders of this fine Sao Paolo based rockstar Hibee are not endorsed by the real Green Goblin

So there!

SteveHFC
28-06-2011, 11:25 PM

NO!!!!!!

Springbank
28-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Oh dear. At this point a standard dictionary definition of what we take 'Hibs class' to mean would be useful.

Gordon Strachan
John Collins
Billy Davies

Lmc2105
28-06-2011, 11:26 PM

what i want to know is how come the sun seem to know he is in contention :rolleyes:

Anything to sell a paper eh

Lmc2105
28-06-2011, 11:27 PM
NO!!!!!!

you took much persuasion with that article :greengrin:wink:

Jones28
28-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Livingstone manager...oh ffs :rolleyes:

Only at Hibs

matty_f
28-06-2011, 11:46 PM
NO!!!!!!

Seconded.:agree:

greenlex
28-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Herring Red. Rearrange.

Peevemor
28-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Herring Red. Rearrange.

Regrind her? :dunno:

snooky
28-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Livingstone manager...oh ffs :rolleyes:

Only at Hibs

Bollan Tick Boxes............

Cheap = correct
Not a ginge = correct (?)
Not an ex Hibs player = correct
Never played for Hearts = correct (n.b. but amost did)
Never played for OF = Wrong! (ex-hun)

Fell at last fence :bye:

NEXT!

Lost_Mackem
29-06-2011, 12:14 AM
I thought Calderwood would have done alright with Hibs when the appointment was made. Didn't he lead Forest out of League One and then keep them up in the Championship? If I'm right then thats not an easy thing to do and he should be commended for it, maybe he should be given abit more time at Hibs.

Saorsa
29-06-2011, 12:18 AM
I thought Calderwood would have done alright with Hibs when the appointment was made. Didn't he lead Forest out of League One and then keep them up in the Championship? If I'm right then thats not an easy thing to do and he should be commended for it, maybe he should be given abit more time at Hibs.More time? I wasn't aware he wasn't getting more time at Hibs, it's him that's looking elsewhere and as far as I'm concerned he can now go elsewhere.

brydekirk
29-06-2011, 12:26 AM
His silence says it all to me. Of course the players are the most important part of this, but his silence to the fans has told me at least he does not want to commit himself, to us or the players.

This is the most important time of the year, new signings, new season tickets bought, he's not done whats best for Hibernian football club. He'd **** on us without the blink of an eye.

Dunbar Hibee
29-06-2011, 12:30 AM
I thought Calderwood would have done alright with Hibs when the appointment was made. Didn't he lead Forest out of League One and then keep them up in the Championship? If I'm right then thats not an easy thing to do and he should be commended for it, maybe he should be given abit more time at Hibs.

He had time, then he decided to **** us about. He can do one IMO.:aok:

brydekirk
29-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Any respect he thought he may have had as manager in his own right will have diminished, he will forever be a number 2, in what ever way you want to look at that

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2011, 06:02 AM
You mean like drilling for oil in Alaska?

Ian fi Alaska??? Gawd, is he still around???? :greengrin

stevej
29-06-2011, 06:34 AM
I am the NottmForestFan who started this thread what seems months ago now

I had my access to the forum deleted by mutual consent - whatever that means - basically after about the 20th page I couldnt post any more although I could always log on and read

So I set this user name up to come bck on and wish you guys good luck whatever happens next

Just like you guys this whole saga has become depressing for both us Forest fans and you guys. I enjoyed this thread to begin with trying to convince you guys that it was true that Calderwood was being tapped up and taking all the stick back.

From Forest's point of view I am certain they believed once Calderwood told your chairman his heart was not in Scottish football any more that there would be significant negotiation down from what Hibs can claim for him. I have no doubt that at one stage McClaren was convinced he had sold the job at Forest to Calderwood and it then all came down to what Forest board would pay.

That figure would never be high from a club like Forest though for an assistant when there are so many other options who you dont have to pay any compensation for. Our fans were laughing when figures of £500k or £1m were quoted - we dont even spend that on players at Forest any more.

Hughton getting the Birmingham job scuppered it for us and I believe they will pay much closer to what your guy is looking for. I also belive Hughton needs Calderwood far more than McClaren needs him.

I count myself independent in this now as he wont be coming to Forest (IMO)

If I were in your guys shoes I would desperately hope Birmingham do a deal because I think like many of you have now at least accepted - Calderwood for whatever reason is not committed to your club - sooner or later if you keep him you will probably end up actually having to PAY him compensation and sacking him - because he will lose the fans when results start to go bad

(In fact I think he has already lost most of you by his lack of commitment)

Think some of you who still want to keep him should stop making excuses for him though

I believe he is doing the best he can to engineer a move away and his comments are geared towards forcing his chairman's hand and he is desperately hoping Birmingham or Forest will pay what Hibs want

Good Luck guys - you will be far better off with a manager who is 100% committed to your club - hopefully you will get one who is half decent

Personally I am expecting Forest to announce a different assistant manager in near future - but that is just IMO - I dont have any upto date info either way - but like you lot the season will soon be on us and we have to start getting on with things - this is just dragging

Kaiser1962
29-06-2011, 06:39 AM
I won't. He should have just said "thanks, but not interested".

I'm sure he knows Chris Hughton well enough to have spoken to him at length on the position offered before it was made official. The fact that Brum have approached us means CC is happy with what's been offered by City.
I'll be very surprised (and disappointed) if he stays now.

What if he stood on the pitch and took a microphone and told us he would be here as long as we wanted?

I'm not saying that he's staying as the truth is I have no idea. There was someone on here telling us Hibs and Forest were talking and it was even reported that they were despite Hibs saying they had no "official approach". Then that statement was disected and analysed to the n'th degree and he was definately going to Forest, paritcularly after Shteve's shtatement. Now we can replace the name of Forest and insert Birmingham and we're no happy but, as far as I know, it might all be total gash.

If someone offers me a better job I would leave tomorrow. Most of us would.

The reality is that we will probably be wanting him sacked ten games into the season anyway.

stevej
29-06-2011, 06:45 AM
The reality is that we will probably be wanting him sacked ten games into the season anyway.

Nail on head - if he stay he starts under pressure already

HNA12
29-06-2011, 06:53 AM

I had my access to the forum deleted by mutual consent - whatever that means - basically afer about the 20th page I couldnt post any more although I could always log on and read

Not true.

poolman
29-06-2011, 06:54 AM

I had my access to the forum deleted by mutual consent - whatever that means - basically afer about the 20th page I couldnt post any more although I could always log on and read

So I set this user name up to come bck on and wish you guys good luck whatever happens next

Just like you guys this whole saga has become depressing for both us Forest fans and you guys. I enjoyed this thread to begin with trying to convince you guys that it was true that Calderwood was being tapped up and taking all the stick back.

From Forest's point of view I am certain they believed once Calderwood told your chairman his heart was not in Scottish football any more that there would be significant negotiation down from what Hibs can claim for him. I have no doubt that at one stage McClaren was convinced he had sold the job at Forest to Calderwood and it then all came down to what Forest board would pay.

That figure would never be high from a club like Forest though for an assistant when there are so many other options who you dont have to pay any compensation for. Our fans were laughing when figures of £500k or £1m were quoted - we dont even spend that on players at Forest any more.

Hughton getting the Birmingham job scuppered it for us and I believe they will pay much closer to what your guy is looking for. I also belive Hughton needs Calderwood far more than McClaren needs him.

If I were in your guys shoes I would desperately hope Birmingham do a deal because I think like many of you have now at least accepted - Calderwood for whatever reason is not committed to your club - sooner or later if you keep him you will probably end up actually having to PAY him compensation and sacking him - because he will lose the fans when results start to go bad

Think some of you who still want to keep him should stop making excuses for him though

I believe he is doing the best he can to engineer a move away and his comments are geared towards forcing his chairman's hand and he is desperately hoping Birmingham or Forest will pay what Hibs want

Good Luck guys - you will be far better off with a manager who is 100% committed to your club - hopefully you will get one who is half decent

Personally I am expecting Forest to announce a different assistant manager in near future - but that is just IMO - I dont have any upto date info either way - but like you lot the season will soon be on us and we have to start getting on with things - this is just dragging

It means you get faxed back to Kaunas :bye:

Craig_in_Prague
29-06-2011, 07:00 AM
No away yet?

c'mon colin, shut the door on way out please.

Kaiser1962
29-06-2011, 07:09 AM
This has a different tone than your original posts which certainly suggested that CC to Forest was done and dusted and Hibs were bit part players in the saga.

If you are a Forest fan I would worry that your club was not prepared to pay the going rate to get the very guy your new high profile manager wanted. No one has been given the job yet so it would seem they have no plan B and it was a shortlist of one.

As for being "committed" there are not many people within football committed to anything above the amateur level. Most would sell their souls for a quid.

stevej
29-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Not true.

It still says left by mutual consent now next to my name - before it didnt say that but whenever I tried to reply to a post it said you dont have authority or access etc

Anyway I am not here to argue any more just wish you all good luck

Busiest football forum I have ever seen - you guys must be doing something right up there for a club to have a forum as busy as this one

stevej
29-06-2011, 07:25 AM
This has a different tone than your original posts which certainly suggested that CC to Forest was done and dusted and Hibs were bit part players in the saga.

If you are a Forest fan I would worry that your club was not prepared to pay the going rate to get the very guy your new high profile manager wanted. No one has been given the job yet so it would seem they have no plan B and it was a shortlist of one.

As for being "committed" there are not many people within football committed to anything above the amateur level. Most would sell their souls for a quid.

Kaiser

No mate check back - never said it was a done deal my actual thread title was McClaren is TRYING to lure Calderwood

and the last post I was able to make said Forest are hoping to negotiate compensation in an escape clause - which clearly they havent been able to do so

Where I was 100% confident was that Mcclaren and Calderwood had met and the meeting was all about Calderwood joining Forest - nothing to do with players

I understand what you are saying about the Forest board not backing McClaren - I dont think they counted on how hard your chairman is to negotiate with (which many guys on here said would be the case) and I also think they never expected to be competing with Birmingham which means your chairman has more options

Meanwhile whilst this has dragged on we havent signed a player and dont think you have either - crap for both of us

smurf
29-06-2011, 07:38 AM
The guy came on here and passed on information unknown to all of us. Yet despite his manner at times has been treated like an unwelcome fart in a space suit...:confused:

s.a.m
29-06-2011, 07:41 AM

I had my access to the forum deleted by mutual consent - whatever that means - basically after about the 20th page I couldnt post any more although I could always log on and read

Well - I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt:greengrin
Good luck for the new season, and thanks for your interest and best wishes :aok:

Kaiser1962
29-06-2011, 07:56 AM
It may have been the guy Percy who said its happening then and you were maybe quoting him.

My point is that (if) there is an escape clause why would Forest approach Hibs, which by Hibs statements they havent, knowing what this clause was and not be prepared to pay it. There is no proof either way.

Anyway, I hope McLaren does well for you.

Kaiser

No mate check back - never said it was a done deal my actual thread title was McClaren is TRYING to lure Calderwood

and the last post I was able to make said Forest are hoping to negotiate compensation in an escape clause - which clearly they havent been able to do so

Where I was 100% confident was that Mcclaren and Calderwood had met and the meeting was all about Calderwood joining Forest - nothing to do with players

I understand what you are saying about the Forest board not backing McClaren - I dont think they counted on how hard your chairman is to negotiate with (which many guys on here said would be the case) and I also think they never expected to be competing with Birmingham which means your chairman has more options

Meanwhile whilst this has dragged on we havent signed a player and dont think you have either - crap for both of us

hibsbollah
29-06-2011, 08:04 AM

Classy post, unlike most if the responses he's had over the last few weeks. A lesson learned maybe?

brog
29-06-2011, 08:04 AM

I was always convinced of your integrity but less so of the quality of your information. I now completely accept that the title of the original thread was 100% accurate though I think there were some extrapolations, perhaps wishful thinking along the way.
Anyway, thanks for your info & your tolerance & good luck to Forest, I certainly think you've come out ahead on the Management shuffle.

khib70
29-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Samuel Beckett's play "Waiting for Godot" was once summed up in one sentence as "nothing happens - twice"

"Nothing happens - 1850 posts" could give that a run for its money. I've never seen a thread this size based on not one single solid piece of information. (There was, after all, a real calendar signing at one point).

Let's hope some actual facts become available soon so that the interminable drama that is "Waiting for Caldot" can draw to an end, and we can discuss something that's actually happening.

nonshinyfinish
29-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Samuel Beckett's play "Waiting for Godot" was once summed up in one sentence as "nothing happens - twice"

"Nothing happens - 1850 posts" could give that a run for its money. I've never seen a thread this size based on not one single solid piece of information. (There was, after all, a real calendar signing at one point).

Let's hope some actual facts become available soon so that the interminable drama that is "Waiting for Caldot" can draw to an end, and we can discuss something that's actually happening.

:hilarious

Admin, get the name of the thread changed to that. :agree:

basehibby
29-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Cheers for your good wishes bud - there's a lot of posters on here who are a bit paranoid about lurking Yams at the wind up for some reason. I didn't think there was any reason to think that of yourself or to ban you from posting (:confused:) but there you go.
I've got to say I've got zero respect for your gaffer Steve McLaren for the way he's cynically tapped Calderwood up while obviously having no intention whatsoever of paying the appropriate compensation.
We're now left with a manager who has shown himself to be seriously lacking in commitment (and ambition!) and who very few at hibs will have any faith in whatsoever. So - we are now left hoping that Brum will step in and pay up the appropriate compensation so that we can all move on under a manager who has respect for the club and actually wants the job!
By the way - I don't think that negotiating seriously downwards is an option for Hibs - these clauses are put into contracts for good reasons - to protect all parties from abusive and dishonest behaviour from predatorial third parties. A Willingness to give way on this would show such clauses up as being so much hot air and it should therefore not be considered an option IMO.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Just saw this on The Guardian website, for general interest: -

NATURAL BORN NO2s

"To help settle a discussion with some friends," asks Alex Woolhouse, "could you answer whether a manager has ever left his role to become an assistant at another club? There are rumours that Colin Calderwood is to leave Hibernian to become Steve McClaren's assistant at Nottingham Forest. Also, has a manager ever returned to a club he was fired from to become an assistant?

The answer is yes to both questions, Alex. Martin Jol left his position as RKC Waalwijk's manager in 2004 to move to Tottenham as Jacques Santini's assistant and then succeeded his boss after only 13 games. Ten years earlier Viv Anderson left Barnsley after only one season as player-manager to become No2 to Bryan Robson at Middlesbrough.

Wigan lost John Deehan in 1997 when he joined up with Steve Bruce at Sheffield United but resigned after only one season and one closer to home for Calderwood is his own assistant, Derek Adams, who resigned as Ross County's manager after three years in the post to help Calderwood at Easter Road.

The second part of the question had the current incumbent of the Knowledge's vast shoes watering at the mouth because it can reference Leeds United without needing to get the shoehorn out. Eddie Gray managed the club from 1982-85, was sacked rather unfairly having built a promising side featuring John Sheridan, Ian Snodin, Scott Sellars, Terry Phelan and Andy Linighan, but returned as a youth coach under Howard Wilkinson in 1995, becoming assistant manager to David O'Leary in 1998. He stayed for five years in that role before being made redundant in cost-cutting measures under Peter Reid in the summer of 2003 but returned in November of that year as caretaker manager for the rest of Leeds's relegation season.

Elsewhere, Colin Harvey succeeded his fellow member of Goodison's Holy Trinity in 1987 when Howard Kendall left to manage Athletic Bilbao. Harvey was sacked on 31 October 1990 and here, Norman Whiteside takes up the story: "When Colin Harvey was fired by Everton I immediately rang him to tell him how sorry I was and to thank him for taking me to Goodison. The next week he turned up in his new role as assistant manager to Howard Kendall so it worked out that I had made the best possible political move the week before without having the slightest inkling how things would unfold."

Harvey resumed his former job as Kendall's assistant for three more years until 1993.

We are sure there are more examples out there … over to you.

stevej
29-06-2011, 09:40 AM
My point is that (if) there is an escape clause why would Forest approach Hibs, which by Hibs statements they havent, knowing what this clause was and not be prepared to pay it. .

Because Forest assumed that once Calderwood let it be known he was thinking about leaving that it would be negotiable - it probably still is to some extent

I bet Birmingham dont pay up in full if they do get him

basehibby
29-06-2011, 09:44 AM
What if he stood on the pitch and took a microphone and told us he would be here as long as we wanted?

I'm not saying that he's staying as the truth is I have no idea. There was someone on here telling us Hibs and Forest were talking and it was even reported that they were despite Hibs saying they had no "official approach". Then that statement was disected and analysed to the n'th degree and he was definately going to Forest, paritcularly after Shteve's shtatement. Now we can replace the name of Forest and insert Birmingham and we're no happy but, as far as I know, it might all be total gash.

If someone offers me a better job I would leave tomorrow. Most of us would.

And therein lies the rub - he's NOT being offered a better job - he's being offered a lesser role albeit at a richer club.

RickyS
29-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Because Forest assumed that once Calderwood let it be known he was thinking about leaving that it would be negotiable - it probably still is to some extent

I bet Birmingham dont pay up in full if they do get him

has it been 100% confirmed that we have given them permission? all i have seen is a BBC understands type story. would we expect hibs to put on the website that we have allowed him to speak?

Speedway
29-06-2011, 10:18 AM
has it been 100% confirmed that we have given them permission? all i have seen is a BBC understands type story. would we expect hibs to put on the website that we have allowed him to speak?

It been reported on BBC, SSN, ESPN, MFI, B&Q and MTV and Hibs are silent.

I think that's all the confirmation required. You would also have to assume that Rod wouldn't let anyone talk to his manager if the compo had not already been agreed. Therefore it would seen reasonable that all that's left is for CC to make his mind up.

Golden Bear
29-06-2011, 10:29 AM

I think that's all the confirmation required. You would also have to assume that Rod wouldn't let anyone talk to his manager if the compo had not already been agreed. Therefore it would seen reasonable that all that's left is for CC to make his mind up.

And the sooner the better for all concerned!

paxtonhibby
29-06-2011, 10:33 AM
And therein lies the rub - he's NOT being offered a better job - he's being offered a lesser role albeit at a richer club.

More money,better players and in the relative comfort zone of being a no.2.And probably realising the "sleeping giants" are slipping slowly into a coma!

RickyS
29-06-2011, 10:33 AM

disnae seem to be on their site? hopefully CC has already made up his mind on which sweeties he wants

Tricla
29-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Just been told by a guy at work who's old man lives a few doors down from a member of the coaching staff at Hibs that a deal has been done with B'ham.

Steve20
29-06-2011, 10:47 AM
We've been hearing that for days now.

Speedway
29-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Free Post!

Mac
29-06-2011, 10:49 AM
think it is only a matter of time now since Birmingham have now made an official approach to Hibs to speak to him, im guessing if there was no intererest from CC then the approach wouldnt have taken place.

stubru59
29-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Can we now change the subject?

hibees59
29-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Or merge this with the other CC thread:wink:

Dibben
29-06-2011, 10:53 AM

The nights are fair drawing in eh???

paxtonhibby
29-06-2011, 10:54 AM
think it is only a matter of time now since Birmingham have now made an official approach to Hibs to speak to him, im guessing if there was no intererest from CC then the approach wouldnt have taken place.

Seriously,this bloody saga was supposed to be concluded on Tuesday.Pre season starts on Saturday.Maybe its getting eeked oot by Mouserman to divert attention from lack of signings.Mmmmmmmm.

MrSmith
29-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Well, I finish work in 10 minutes then I'm off .... 6 weeks of glorious nothingness...oh wait a minute! Bloody DIY and decorating!!!

And... watching the kids!

super!

Judas Iscariot
29-06-2011, 11:00 AM
What day is it?!

RickyS
29-06-2011, 11:01 AM
just got a tweet from skysports says more at mid-day?

HibeeMG
29-06-2011, 11:02 AM

Yup, it's their breaking news that Brum have approached us for CC.

silverhibee
29-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Breaking news on SSN now City have asked permission to speak to CC Hibs have agreed .

YehButNoBut
29-06-2011, 11:03 AM

Its is now breaking news on SSN but only says that Hibs have given permission for Birmingham to speak with CC.

Old news I would say.

Hopefully this long drawn out saga ends today. :rolleyes:

HibeeMG
Breaking news on SSN now City have asked permission to speak to CC Hibs have agreed .

I'm watching SSN as well. At what point did they say that Hibs have agreed?

EasterRoad4Ever

Not much more announced on SSN other than Brum are in talks with Hibs. Assumption is that CC will move - which is pretty fair.

silverhibee
29-06-2011, 11:04 AM

At the end of the story.

Purehibee_MYB
29-06-2011, 11:07 AM

The presenter said it at the end of the bulletin

RickyS
29-06-2011, 11:08 AM
At the end of the story.

he did say it at the end, but you then wonder why the message
scrolling along the bottom disnae say "Hibs have GIVEN permission
for CC to talk"

HibeeMG
29-06-2011, 11:09 AM
At the end of the story.

I never heard that and going by their ticker across the bottom the only news they have is that Birmingham have approached us for permission.

I'm pretty sure it would've said that Birmingham have been given permission if we'd said yes.

It's a moot point really because I've no doubt we'll give them permission anyway.

pacorosssco
29-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Most drawn out hibs saga ever for one of the worst or if not the worst Hibs manager ever.

It is up there with getting Williamson off the books for dosh if this goes through and we get money. Has never looked interested at Hibs and should have got better out the players from October than he did.

Hope to god hes away as his lack of commitment to Hibernian is obvious . We deserve better. Petrie not blameless either. Hired another DUD

bye bye CC.

Manxhibs
29-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Yawn!

Captain Trips
29-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I did not fancy CC from the start but gave him chance after about 10 games I posted he was not for us, so I will not mind if he goes on 1 hand but on other it is a joke we are probably looking for our 5th manager in as many years.

Time for the board to go along with CC they have failed in getting stability on the park and have now got to fall on sword by getting it wrong again.

If a manger buys players whom he believes will do a job and doesnt and does that too often then the manger will end up being punted as we have seen, well for me that stage has now passed for RP and co they have failed to bring in a manger that has worked for too long now.

iwasthere1972
29-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Most drawn out hibs saga ever for one of the worst or if not the worst Hibs manager ever.

It is up there with getting Williamson off the books for dosh if this goes through and we get money. Has never looked interested at Hibs and should have got better out the players from October than he did.

Hope to god hes away as his lack of commitment to Hibernian is obvious . We deserve better. Petrie not blameless either. Hired another DUD

bye bye CC.

:agree: The sooner the better. Took over Hibs in October when we were 8th in the SPL and after almost 7 months in charge managed to get us to the dizzy heights of 10th place. A manager he definitely is not. A number 2 yes.

pacorosssco
29-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I did not fancy CC from the start but gave him chance after about 10 games I posted he was not for us, so I will not mind if he goes on 1 hand but on other it is a joke we are probably looking for our 5th manager in as many years.

Time for the board to go along with CC they have failed in getting stability on the park and have now got to fall on sword by getting it wrong again.

If a manger buys players whom he believes will do a job and doesnt and does that too often then the manger will end up being punted as we have seen, well for me that stage has now passed for RP and co they have failed to bring in a manger that has worked for too long now.

agreed.

hibiedude
29-06-2011, 11:23 AM
:agree: The sooner the better. Took over Hibs in October when we were 8th in the SPL and after almost 7 months in charge managed to get us to the dizzy heights of 10th place. A manager he definitely is not. A number 2 yes.

Have to agree

aberhibsfc
29-06-2011, 11:25 AM

Andy74
29-06-2011, 11:27 AM

And here we are with another seven or eight players that a new manager might not want or might not fit into their style and a squad probably worse than we started last year with.

What a roaring success this whole episode has been!

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 11:29 AM
And here we are with another seven or eight players that a new manager might not want or might not fit into their style and a squad probably worse than we started last year with.

Yep, it's a nonsense, but I refuse to blame the board for backing CC in January and now. If he were sacked I would agree with the calls for the next manager to be appointed by someone else, but not in this instance (if he does go).

.Sean.
29-06-2011, 11:29 AM
The guy came on here and passed on information unknown to all of us. Yet despite his manner at times has been treated like an unwelcome fart in a space suit...:confused:

Precisely, yet hibs.net seems happy to accommodate a pet Hun and mumerous Jambos?

Dr Jimmy
29-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Yep, it's a nonsense, but I refuse to blame the board for backing CC in January and now. If he were sacked I would agree with the calls for the next manager to be appointed by someone else, but not in this instance (if he does go).

I do blame the board, if they were happy with their appointment they could have said no to Birmingham and told CC to get on with the job he signed a contract to do.

Having said that I am glad he is on his way, but I have no confidence in the board picking his successor.

lucky
29-06-2011, 11:35 AM

So if we get rid of the board, who appoints the new manager or runs the club? This constant board bashing is pointless. Hibs ate regarded as the model way to run a club. It's the management and players that have not performed. They have had decent SPL budgets but have failed.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 11:39 AM
I do blame the board, if they were happy with their appointment they could have said no to Birmingham and told CC to get on with the job he signed a contract to do.

Having said that I am glad he is on his way, but I have no confidence in the board picking his successor.

That's up to you of course, but given CC's press conference on Friday, the board would have been destroyed on here had they refused permission to Birmingham.

The only way that this (likely) scenario could be anymore disruptive would be if we were to take time changing who gets to appoint the next manager, as opposed to just getting on with it.

GreenCastle
29-06-2011, 11:45 AM
So if we get rid of the board, who appoints the new manager or runs the club? This constant board bashing is pointless. Hibs ate regarded as the model way to run a club. It's the management and players that have not performed. They have had decent SPL budgets but have failed.

Don't think it's as simple as that.

The board need to pick a new manager who will be with us for a few seasons - look at other SPL sides who have guys who have been in the job a few seasons and managed to shape their own side.

CC staying so short is a disaster and next manager needs to stay at least 2 years if not longer to build his own team and change the thinking at the club.

If you get an proven manager then chances are they aren't in it for the long run...

If you get an up and coming manager (Mowbray) you have a massive risk but also potentially a very good manager with fresh ideas.

JJ at the yams has shown you need to have a bit of experience and knowledge of the SPL to get a team to perform well -

I think the way forward is to appoint someone who is willing to be here a good few years if given the support to do well and of course is performing on the pitch.

Terry Butcher would be my choice but think he's happy at ICT.

McInnes could well be down south soon - though should have got him last time instead of CC.

O'Neil would probably stay around for a few years - so could work also.

Captain Trips
29-06-2011, 11:49 AM

I do not care whom regards them as a model, the model on the park is nothing to model a club on, running the club prudently maybe, running a football team they are no model. 5 managers in 5 years, a model way? that model way to run a club is on certain aspects.

Just because I do not have a solution right now on the board replacement doesnt mean it doesnt need done. The managers have failed as you say on their own abilty to sign players to be a success along with other stuff, well the board are same they have failed to appoint the right man on far too many occasions. I wonder how much money has been wasted on changing squads and managers constantly. A model? I think the wheels came off this model a long time ago

KeithTheHibby
29-06-2011, 11:50 AM

Calderwood is a tosser, hope the door slams on his arse when he leaves.

A few years from now we will be talking about him as being one of the worse managers we ever had.

HibsMax
29-06-2011, 11:52 AM
The fact that he is even considering job offers at all from other clubs tae be a number 2 over being number 1 at ER tells me all I need tae know about his commitment tae Hibs.

of course he could be trying tae get away from somebody :hmmm:

Fair enough and I can't say that I feel totally differently than you on this.

But consider this. Pretty much any manager (of decent quality) that takes over at Hibs will consider other positions, even if they don't come out and say it publicly. I don't think that CC is that different to other managers in that respect, I just think he was dumb to say it during a press conference.

Over and out!

Judas Iscariot
29-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Calderwood is a tosser, hope the door slams on his arse when he leaves.

A few years from now we will be talking about him as being one of the worse managers we ever had.

What's more worrying was the amount of our fans who actually thought he was decent :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I do not care whom regards them as a model, the model on the park is nothing to model a club on, running the club prudently maybe, running a football team they are no model.

Just because I do not have a solution right now on the board replacement doesnt mean it doesnt need done. The managers have failed as you say on their own abilty to sign players to be a success along with other stuff, well the board are same they have failed to appoint the right man on far too many occasions. I wonder how much money has been wasted on changing squads and managers constantly. A model? I think the wheels came off this model a long time ago

I disagree with much of what you say, but say we did somehow get a new board in place, this will take time to do, then they will have to got through the process of recruiting a new manager, meaning most likely several weeks would pass and the season would have started without a manager and giving birth to guess what - another transitional period.

Hibs recently changed the responsibilities of the most prominent directors at Hibs, can't see it changing again. The best thing that can happen now is that the board make an appointment quickly and the fans back the new guy 100% - I'm more confident about one of those things happening than the other.

.Sean.
29-06-2011, 11:56 AM
CC is currently at EM having lunch with the rest of the first team.

Peevemor
29-06-2011, 11:56 AM

What's he eating?

RickyS
29-06-2011, 11:57 AM
being reported on twitter we have knocked back their offer of 300k!

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Here is another thing. Say, just say, the collective royal "we" managed to get rid of the board. Who elects the next one? :wink:

KeithTheHibby
29-06-2011, 11:59 AM

What's more worrying was the amount of our fans who actually thought he was decent :rolleyes:

He was a decent appointment and at the time thought it was a bold and ambitious move by the board to bring him in.

His results however have not been decent...

Golden Bear
29-06-2011, 11:59 AM

The Last Supper?

:wink:

Benny Brazil
29-06-2011, 12:00 PM
And so the saga continues...........

Hibee87
Just been reading the daily star (i think it was that and i know not exactly a credable paper) but........... back page says birmingham have contacted hibs about getting CC and that he would jump at the chance - no quotes from either club

2 or 3 pages from the back it says calderwood is after airey from newcastle but - to quote CC himself 'we will need to wait till the english are back' menaing form there holidays so IF calderwood is leaving why have an article declarinf interest for a player he will need to wait a week or so before making a move for?

IMO hibs need to put no sorry calderwood needs to come out on the hibs site and declare what the **** is going on.

as a side note this airey sounds promising even if it is a loan :thumbsup:

Captain Trips
I disagree with much of what you say, but say we did somehow get a new board in place, this will take time to do, then they will have to got through the process of recruiting a new manager, meaning most likely several weeks would pass and the season would have started without a manager and giving birth to guess what - another transitional period.

We recently changed the responsibilities of the most prominent directors at Hibs, can't see it changing again. The best thing that can happen now is that the board make an appointment quickly and the fans back the new guy 100% - I'm more confident about one of those things happening than the other.

What do you think it will be with a new manager next week? The season is in trouble already might as well change the whole lot if possible. A new manager will survive if we finish 6th IMO that isnt good enough. The board no matter what changes have been made have failed to stabilse the football affairs and have had years to do it right.

pacorosssco
29-06-2011, 12:04 PM
The Last Supper?

:wink:

God only knows:greengrin

iwasthere1972
29-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Get Terry Butcher in. Has done well at both Motherwell and ICT on low budgets and knows the SPL inside out. A guy not to mess with so would no doubt get the respect from the players that a manager deserves.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 12:09 PM
What do you think it will be with a new manager next week? The season is in trouble already might as well change the whole lot if possible. A new manager will survive if we finish 6th IMO that isnt good enough. The board no matter what changes have been made have failed to stabilse the football affairs and have had years to do it right.

I stated on a thread about transitional periods on here recently that on the park we will forever be in transition as managers will leave either due to success or failure and better players will be sold - I can live with that, it's the reality of the situation no matter who the board are.

If they chose to sack CC then I would agree that it's hard to argue a case for the board, but that's not the case here.

Dinkydoo
29-06-2011, 12:10 PM
He was a decent appointment and at the time thought it was a bold and ambitious move by the board to bring him in.

His results however have not been decent...

People seem to forget that he was working with the same team that Yogi was for most of the games he's been in charge for. Our previously "star" player couldn't even be bothered to even look like he could give a flying one so I don't think it's very fair to judge CC on that shower of *****.

Results haven't be decent, I agree, but he has in the past managed to get teams playing consistently well - well enough to gain promotion to the Championship at that.

a "tosser" and "one of the worst managers we've ever had"?

Have a word.

iwasthere1972
29-06-2011, 12:11 PM

Come on Rodders. Dig deep and offer them £500K.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Get Terry Butcher in. Has done well at both Motherwell and ICT on low budgets and knows the SPL inside out. A guy not to mess with so would no doubt get the respect from the players that a manager deserves.

As I've stated on another thread, he led Motherwell to bottom of the SPL. He did pretty well the season after, but they should have been relegated, only ICT's stadium kept them up. His record has been horrendous apart from ICT and that second season at Motherwell.

I would accept and support him as manager, but he'd be as much a risk (if not more) than any other candidate.

YehButNoBut
29-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Tom Ross

@thegoalzone brmb, Beacon, Mercia, Gold
The place for Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Bromwich Albion, Wolverhampton Wanderers, and Coventry City. LIVE on brmb, Beacon, Mercia and Gold.
http://www.thegoalzone.co.uk (http://www.thegoalzone.co.uk)

Scottish club Hibs have rejected £300k compensation offer from #BCFC (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23BCFC) for Colin Calderwood The club say they'll keep trying.

Saorsa
29-06-2011, 12:14 PM

I'd take it just tae get him out the door. I hope Petrie isnae going tae be ridiculous in his demands and leave us stuck with a manager that disnae want tae be here.

Get him out asap :bye:

Golden Bear
29-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Come on Rodders. Dig deep and offer them £500K.

To take him off our books?

He wisnae that bad surely.

spike220
29-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd be chuffed with 500k

GGTTH

SRHibs
29-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd take it just tae get him out the door. I hope Petrie isnae going tae be ridiculous in his demands and leave us stuck with a manager that disnae want tae be here.

I think the handling of financial affairs is one area in which we don't need to worry about Rod's prowess. :wink:

His managerial appointments on the other hand....

KeithTheHibby
29-06-2011, 12:22 PM
People seem to forget that he was working with the same team that Yogi was for most of the games he's been in charge for. Our previously "star" player couldn't even be bothered to even look like he could give a flying one so I don't think it's very fair to judge CC on that shower of *****.

Results haven't be decent, I agree, but he has in the past managed to get teams playing consistently well - well enough to gain promotion to the Championship at that.

Have a word.

Aye he is a tosser - he left an EPL club as an assistant manager to join us only to go running back to the first job that interests him which is another assistant manager role in a lower division.

If that doesn't constitute a tosser then what does?!

Results have been crap bar a spell when we beat 5 teams in a row which included 3 wins against 2 teams which finished below us. What he done before joining us got him the gig at ER however I base my opinion on what he has done at Hibs which is piss poor.

Saorsa
29-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I think the handling of financial affairs is one area in which we don't need to worry about Rod's prowess. :wink:

His managerial appointments on the other hand....I'll worry about him being greedy and asking too much and dragging this out longer than it needs tae be. We need tae get this sorted asap for our teams sake and get the new man in. Then we can worry about the next dud (or not) he's appointed as manager.

iwasthere1972
29-06-2011, 12:24 PM
As I've stated on another thread, he led Motherwell to bottom of the SPL. He did pretty well the season after, but they should have been relegated, only ICT's stadium kept them up. His record has been horrendous apart from ICT and that second season at Motherwell.

I would accept and support him as manager, but he'd be as much a risk (if not more) than any other candidate.

That was in his first season in charge and Motherwell were in severe financial difficulties, . The following two seasons they finished 6th and in his final season they finished 8th. They also reached the Scottish Cup Final in 2005 although they did get humped 5-1 by the huns. This on a much smaller budget than Hibs.

There's no guarantee that he would do well at Hibs but I would welcome his appointment more than I did when CC was confirmed as Hibs manager last October.

Judas Iscariot
29-06-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd be chuffed with 500k

GGTTH

I'd be chuffed with 5p

IWasThere2016
29-06-2011, 12:25 PM
I'll worry about him being greedy and asking too much and dragging this out longer than it needs tae be. We need tae get this sorted asap for our teams sake and get the new man in. Then we can worry about the next dud (or not) he's going tae appoint as manager.

:top marks

Captain Trips
29-06-2011, 12:26 PM
I stated on a thread about transitional periods on here recently that on the park we will forever be in transition as managers will leave either due to success or failure and better players will be sold - I can live with that, it's the reality of the situation no matter who the board are.

If they chose to sack CC then I would agree that it's hard to argue a case for the board, but that's not the case here.

Indeed you cannot legislate for somebody at an interview saying all the right things and going with that. It turns out CC has other motivations that seem to have been kept hidden. Maybe the board did not keep promises to him, maybe they failed at interview to see what motivated him. There could be a host of things, however there are too many transitonal periods next to each other and no matter why CC leaves (if he does) then like a host of bad signings the manager gets the boot, the board have now had imo too many.

Andy74
29-06-2011, 12:28 PM

Have a word.

Most of those players had achieved fourth the year before, and by all accounts, the reason that they then began to fail was that Yogi didn't have a clue, was a bully, was playing players out of position, wasn't playing certain players, talked crap during interviews, and so on.

It was only October and we'd been a bit unlucky in our early home games in that we drew games we should have won when we missed penalties, hit the bar and all that.

There was a feeling that after the end of the previosu season we had started to struggle again and were going to be left behind for Europe if we weren't careful.

Given all the complaints about Yogi you would think a new manager who didn't bully them, did have a clue and didn't talk crap duing interviews would turn things around.

He then got seven players in January and did, belatedly, turn things around only for those saem players to turn in far worse than we'd ever got during Yogi, failing to beat or even draw sometimes against the worst teams in the league at home.

There seems to be a belief that i was a big Yogi fan. Not really, but we did have 7 or 8 fantastic months which look way beyond us now and i don't think change works well in the long term when you are in bad form.

It's been shown now that here we are nearly a year later, a new set of players and in the same sort of position, maybe worse, squad wise.

I think Yogi would have sorted it out in less than a whole other year and less than ten new players.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 12:28 PM
That was in his first season in charge and Motherwell were in severe financial difficulties, . The following two seasons they finished 6th and in his final season they finished 8th. They also reached the Scottish Cup Final in 2005 although they did get humped 5-1 by the huns. This on a much smaller budget than Hibs.

There's no guarantee that he would do well at Hibs but I would welcome his appointment more than I did when CC was confirmed as Hibs manager last October.

Regardless of the mitigating circumstances, they should have been relegated. Incidentally that Motherwell team had McFadden and Stephen Pearson in it, amongst other players who should have been sold instead of the several who lost their jobs at the club during the administration.

I'm not at all worried about CC going, but his track record (even taking into account his 8 months with us), is miles better than Terry Butcher's.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Indeed you cannot legislate for somebody at an interview saying all the right things and going with that. It turns out CC has other motivations that seem to have been kept hidden. Maybe the board did not keep promises to him, maybe they failed at interview to see what motivated him. There could be a host of things, however there are too many transitonal periods next to each other and no matter why CC leaves (if he does) then like a host of bad signings the manager gets the boot, the board have now had imo too many.

I completely understand your frustrations 100%. I just don't happen to have disagreed with much of what the board have done in the last few years, so find it hard to criticise on that basis. I may well be in the minority depending on how developments go in the next few days/weeks.

Beefster
29-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Aye, financials wise. Not so much on the footballing side, unless it's about our youth development 7 or 8 years ago.

Incidentally, the Board (or certain members) ultimately run the footballing side of the club's operations too - not the manager. You don't think that the way that they run it might be a problem?

silverhibee
29-06-2011, 12:31 PM

:agree: :agree:

silverhibee
29-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I'll worry about him being greedy and asking too much and dragging this out longer than it needs tae be. We need tae get this sorted asap for our teams sake and get the new man in. Then we can worry about the next dud (or not) he's appointed as manager.

And again. :agree: :agree:

Andy74
29-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Aye, financials wise. Not so much on the footballing side, unless it's about our youth development 7 or 8 years ago.

Incidentally, the Board (or certain members) ultimately run the footballing side of the club's operations too - not the manager. You don't think that the way that they run it might be a problem?

It does look increasingly like a problem, whatever the cirumcstances over the last few managers there's just been an element of it all not working out and so the board ultimately should review whether the overall football operation is working or not.

That can mean scouting, the support network for the manager, backing people through bad times, whatever.

I think the budget is there but too often we are not getting value from the players we identify or the promising managers we have appointed. Why is it?

Compared to other teams we make the whole thing look difficult which is in contrast to our off field position.

Petrie must go! :greengrin

Speedway
29-06-2011, 12:43 PM
It does look increasingly like a problem, whatever the cirumcstances over the last few managers there's just been an element of it all not working out and so the board ultimately should review whether the overall football operation is working or not.

That can mean scouting, the support network for the manager, backing people through bad times, whatever.

I think the budget is there but too often we are not getting value from the players we identify or the promising managers we have appointed. Why is it?

Compared to other teams we make the whole thing look difficult which is in contrast to our off field position.

Andy said Petrie must go.

Jest or not, I've now officially seen it all.

Ray_
29-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Andy, you really must stop injecting those LSD Cigarette thingy's :greengrin

Spike Mandela
29-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Which fool in his right mind is going to be attracted to the Hibs job now with probably at least half the summers transfer budget already spent?

PeterboroHibee
29-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Tom Ross

@thegoalzone brmb, Beacon, Mercia, Gold
The place for Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Bromwich Albion, Wolverhampton Wanderers, and Coventry City. LIVE on brmb, Beacon, Mercia and Gold.
http://www.thegoalzone.co.uk (http://www.thegoalzone.co.uk)

Scottish club Hibs have rejected £300k compensation offer from #BCFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23BCFC) for Colin Calderwood The club say they'll keep trying.

I wouldnt want us to lose money but if thats around the figure we paid in compensation for him then I would take it and be rid of him. Possibly the reason it has been rejected is we are losing money, I hope it isnt because we are holding out for a certain figure though as I dont want us to end up keeping him when he would rather be elsewhere.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Which fool in his right mind is going to be attracted to the Hibs job now with probably at least half the summers transfer budget already spent?

Hopefully the compensation that we get for CC can either be used as a signing on fee for a manager, or added to the transfer budget.

A new manager could well lead to more ST sales if the appointment is an exciting one too.

HibsMax
29-06-2011, 02:11 PM

I think you could have stopped with just the bit in bold.

I am going to assume that most managers who would consider the position know a little about the fanbase, so they know that they are not going to be given any time to develop their own team before the daggers come out. That's a big negative to me. I don't want to get into the argument about what manager should be able to achieve with a team they have inherited, because that is only relevant if the team he inherited was performing well before he arrived. In CC's case, they weren't. He didn't make them (much) better, that's for sure, but like it or not, last season his record (average points per game) is better than Yogi's so he did make a positive impact, regardless of how small it was. This applies to anyone, I'm not here campaigning to keep CC. I'm not one of the deluded fans who thinks that results under CC were decent. I don't think he showed us much (just Feb really) that would make me label him a decent manager. But I still wanted him to get more time because I think that any manager who comes in needs time to turn things around. So I'm not so pro-CC as I am pro-longevity.

That's been discussed to death already so I'll move swiftly on.

I would love to see a Venn diagram showing the following sets:
1. Men who would take the job.
2. Men who would be welcomed at Hibs.
3. Men who would never consider leaving Hibs for another job if a better opportunity came along.

I wonder if there would be any intersection of all three sets? Part of me doubts it.

I think we have to accept:
1. a manager who isn't really that great, or
2. a manager who is the business but also appreciate that he may be off a the drop of a hat, or
3. a manager who is largely unproven. the trouble there is that if he's keek, the board get blamed again, or, if he's great, he could attract attention from elsewhere and we lose another manager.

I really hope we can get someone in who will do a job for us and not be in such a hurry to explore other possibilities.

hibsbollah
29-06-2011, 02:13 PM
De Graaf player-manager. You heard it here first.

greenginger
29-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I wouldnt want us to lose money but if thats around the figure we paid in compensation for him then I would take it and be rid of him. Possibly the reason it has been rejected is we are losing money, I hope it isnt because we are holding out for a certain figure though as I dont want us to end up keeping him when he would rather be elsewhere.

Any difference between the compensation Hibs feel entitled to and what Birmingham are willing to offer should be met from CC's contract package at Birmingham.

Revolutionary new idea, Footballers and Managers being responsible for the contracts they sign.

Did Birmingham not just get £2 million compensation for the ginger Judas ? miserable bunch of bar stewards !!!!:grr:!

LancashireHibby
29-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Did Birmingham not just get £2 million compensation for the ginger Judas ? miserable bunch of bar stewards !!!!:grr:!

Didn't they originally want £5m though? Shows how much of a difference there might be between what our asking price would be and how much we eventually get. Personally, I just want it over and done with.

HibsMax
29-06-2011, 02:22 PM
De Graaf player-manager. You heard it here first.

I did hear it "here" first but not this post. :wink:. Did you post this before or was that someone else?

Any difference between the compensation Hibs feel entitled to and what Birmingham are willing to offer should be met from CC's contract package at Birmingham.

Revolutionary new idea, Footballers and Managers being responsible for the contracts they sign.

I thought I read it was 4mm? Even more reason to squeeze them. If CC's contract says 1 million, why should we even entertain 300k? Screw them. Make them pay, we could really, really use the cash.

Hibby D
29-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Screw them. Make them pay, we could really, really use the cash.

Things are running lean here :greengrin

R'Albin
29-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I think you could have stopped with just the bit in bold.

I am going to assume that most managers who would consider the position know a little about the fanbase, so they know that they are not going to be given any time to develop their own team before the daggers come out. That's a big negative to me. I don't want to get into the argument about what manager should be able to achieve with a team they have inherited, because that is only relevant if the team he inherited was performing well before he arrived. In CC's case, they weren't. He didn't make them (much) better, that's for sure, but like it or not, last season his record (average points per game) is better than Yogi's so he did make a positive impact, regardless of how small it was. This applies to anyone, I'm not here campaigning to keep CC. I'm not one of the deluded fans who thinks that results under CC were decent. I don't think he showed us much (just Feb really) that would make me label him a decent manager. But I still wanted him to get more time because I think that any manager who comes in needs time to turn things around. So I'm not so pro-CC as I am pro-longevity.

That's been discussed to death already so I'll move swiftly on.

3. Men who would never consider leaving Hibs for another job if a better opportunity came along.

I wonder if there would be any intersection of all three sets? Part of me doubts it.

2. a manager who is the business but also appreciate that he may be off a the drop of a hat, or
3. a manager who is largely unproven. the trouble there is that if he's keek, the board get blamed again, or, if he's great, he could attract attention from elsewhere and we lose another manager.

I really hope we can get someone in who will do a job for us and not be in such a hurry to explore other possibilities.

bawheid
29-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Good analysis.

eastmainsmsh
29-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Take the £300K And laugh all the way ...

CC is no better than Yogi who was hounded out too early imo

CC dosnt inspire me way he comes across in the interviews and press ....

Best if he goes no loss imo :flag:

yekimevol
29-06-2011, 03:58 PM
says here that caldo is having a meeting with rod on his future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2009279/Calderwood-set-crunch-talks-Birmingham-ask-permission-speak-Hibs-boss.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

HibsMax
29-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Take the £300K And laugh all the way ...

CC is no better than Yogi who was hounded out too early imo

CC dosnt inspire me way he comes across in the interviews and press ....

Best if he goes no loss imo :flag:

CC was better than Yogi, but that all depends on what metrics you are going to use as your comparison.

If you think Yogi was hounded out too early, why are you supporting the disappearance of someone who has been given even less time?

And please forget the interviews. How well you interview does not have any bearing on how well you can do your job. He doesn't have to inspire you, he has to inspire the players and only they can answer that question.

hibby67
29-06-2011, 04:16 PM
not got involved in the whole thread but all i can say is....:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
tell him to GTF....
we can then look forward and hopfully get someone in who want's to be here and want's to stay for a bit

Cropley10
29-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Precisely - :agree:

We can't keep hiring and firing. In fact sooner or later things, by necessity, will have to change.

We can try and paint a rosy picture as to why each left, but the perception will be that the Hibs job is a 'hot-seat' and that restricts who we can attract.

R'Albin
29-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Seriously this is doing my nut in! Hurry up and leave already!

This saga has ran on so long I don't even care anymore.

Andy74
29-06-2011, 04:43 PM
CC was better than Yogi, but that all depends on what metrics you are going to use as your comparison.

Tthis kind of puzzles me.

Yogi had one transfer window himself and took the team to 7 months of fantastic results. We had the best defensive record for decades up to Christmas when Bamba went away to ANC. We had Riordan scoring 15 goals from proper left midfield and we had Stokes as one of the top scorers in the SPL.

We ended in 4th place in his one full year.

Yes, we then had six months or so of poor results.

Calderwood had one good month in seven! The home performances at the end of the season were shambolic against the worst teams in the league and with seven of his new signings.

So, on what basis was Calderwood better than Yogi?

Westie1875
29-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Seriously this is doing my nut in! Hurry up and leave already!

This saga has ran on so long I don't even care anymore.

This :agree:

By the time it is sorted out no-one will care who the new man is. Can't be doing much for sales of tickets for the pre-season matches they were hoping to make some cash from either.

Captain Trips
29-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I will start the fund off with £5:taxi

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't give him the steam off ma pish.

forthhibby
29-06-2011, 05:02 PM
hope petrie gets cash up front

http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2383780,00.html

HibsMax
29-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't give him the steam off ma pish.

You must either have very lovely pish steam or you're not as desperate to see him leave as I thought....

HibsMax
29-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Yogi had one transfer window himself and took the team to 7 months of fantastic results. We had the best defensive record for decades up to Christmas when Bamba went away to ANC. We had Riordan scoring 15 goals from proper left midfield and we had Stokes as one of the top scorers in the SPL.

Calderwood had one good month in seven! The home performances at the end of the season were shambolic against the worst teams in the league and with seven of his new signings.

Sorry, I was talking about last season. I was careful enough to say that in another thread, guess I slipped up here.

Yogi left after 7 games. Using average points per game as the metric, if we stuck with Yogi then we would have finished with less points than we did under CC. On that basis alone I am saying that CC was better than Yogi.

Col2
29-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Breaking news on sky: Hibs have REFUSED Birmingham city permission to speak to Calderwood.

Clearly not as done and dusted as we think.

Wheat Hound
29-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Breaking news on sky: Hibs have REFUSED Birmingham city permission to speak to Calderwood.

Clearly not as done and dusted as we think.

Hmmm. What odds on CC resigning as surely BCFC wouldn't have bothered approaching us had Hughton not been sure CC was up for moving?

The_Todd
29-06-2011, 05:33 PM
He doesn't want to be here, it seems our fans don't want him here. Time for our next annual transitional period.

eastmainsmsh
29-06-2011, 05:34 PM

If you think Yogi was hounded out too early, why are you supporting the disappearance of someone who has been given even less time?

And please forget the interviews. How well you interview does not have any bearing on how well you can do your job. He doesn't have to inspire you, he has to inspire the players and only they can answer that question.

All about opinions mate :aok:

We need stabillity and fast hardly ideal preperations if he goes :aok:

Personally i liked yogi as a player and manager his style at Falkirk was good in terms of football they played bringing youngsters through .... keeping them up scottish cup final ..where they passed Rangers of the park... as said we were doing terrific at start of yogis reign ...

Calderwoods cv is quality i have supported him and would if he says but where is the continuity at our club:confused:

Mixu Did no to bad when he was emptied

could go on and on but :taxi

LancashireHibby
29-06-2011, 05:41 PM
No idea why we've refused permission when it seems a little obvious that CC plainly doesn't want to be here any more.

hibee_girl
29-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Just let him go ffs, we have a season to prepare for!

bingo70
29-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Just let him go ffs, we have a season to prepare for!

Would agree but i suppose it depends what sort of money we're looking at, it could be worth a couple of hundred thousand or more, thats not sort of money we can just walk away from for the sake of a couple of days.

Do agree we need to get a resolution to this sharpish though.

jws1875
29-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Might get it for free through hibs because of the sponsorship with Edinburgh City Private Hire? :dummytit:

yekimevol
29-06-2011, 05:50 PM
guys rewatch his interview the guys was just being truthful.
he would rather see what everyone had to say, before he could say weather he was staying or going (the bags of sweets thing).
i see this the sign of a man who is honest rather than someone saying im not going anyware then just running off.

im still thinking that caldo will be here

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa
also i doubt that rod would hold him here against his wishes

snooky
29-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Taxi for CC

Jeez is that the BCFC compensation offer?
Fair swap I'd say.

KWJ
29-06-2011, 05:57 PM
guys rewatch his interview the guys was just being truthful.
he would rather see what everyone had to say, before he could say weather he was staying or going (the bags of sweets thing).
i see this the sign of a man who is honest rather than someone saying im not going anyware then just running off.

im still thinking that caldo will be here

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa
also i doubt that rod would hold him here against his wishes

I'm with this but now that Hibs have rejected their approach we need to see if he is respectful to Hibs and leaves it at that. If he does, great lets move on. If he doesn't then he has to go.

stubru59
29-06-2011, 05:57 PM
No idea why we've refused permission when it seems a little obvious that CC plainly doesn't want to be here any more.

Much will depend on the water tightness of the contract. If Birmingham won't agree to pay what Hibs want, the ball is in Calderwood's court.

He can resign, and Hibs can sue for breach of contract. Or he can wait to see who will blink first, and in the meantime leave us hanging in limbo.

Either way, it's not going to be pretty.

HibsMax
29-06-2011, 06:11 PM
All about opinions mate :aok:

We need stabillity and fast hardly ideal preperations if he goes :aok:

Personally i liked yogi as a player and manager his style at Falkirk was good in terms of football they played bringing youngsters through .... keeping them up scottish cup final ..where they passed Rangers of the park... as said we were doing terrific at start of yogis reign ...

Calderwoods cv is quality i have supported him and would if he says but where is the continuity at our club:confused:

Mixu Did no to bad when he was emptied

could go on and on but :taxi

I agree with the bit in bold but it's not opinion, it's, ummm, fact. I say that with lowercase letters because extrapolating numbers is not exactly fact, more of a prediction. To clear up some earlier confusion, when I was making the comparison between CC and Yogi I was speaking just about last season.

I also agree with the bit about stability but we have a serious issue there. Either a manager is going to start out slow and the fans won't give him the time. Or, he's good, attracts attention and is outta here. Difficult to see how Hibs can attract a quality manager AND keep him. Of course it could happen but recent history would suggest otherwise.

Why not bring a man in, allow him to make some mistakes, learn from those mistakes and grow from there? What makes any of us believe that we are a good enough time, at this point in time, to attract the finished article?

Moulin Yarns
29-06-2011, 06:14 PM
is the procure not something like this. Birmingham ask Hibs for permission, Hibs say £500k compensation and you can talk. Birmingham say no, so Hibs refuse permission. Ball firmly in our court imho

RickyS
29-06-2011, 06:23 PM
sky now saying we have REJECTED a request to speak!
Rod better hope he wins this game or we could be lumbered with a donkey!

Nuitdelune
29-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Is it safe to go for my tea/dinner(if you are posh)?

RoxburghHibs
29-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Is it safe to go for my tea/dinner(if you are posh)?

Why would it not be safe to go for tea/dinner if you are posh? :)

Removed
29-06-2011, 06:39 PM
sky now saying we have REJECTED a request to speak!
Rod better hope he wins this game or we could be lumbered with a donkey!

He'll go, permission rejected or not. Just embarrassing for CC now.

ionahibby
29-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I've got a feeling CC will still be here come start of the season. If hibs have refused pemission for birmingham to speak to CC surely that means petrie has spoke to CC about his feelings otherwise what would be the point if CC really wants to go! its a dangerous game if he is holding out for more money!

If it all goes tits up we are stuck with a manager who can't be ersed!

smurf
29-06-2011, 06:47 PM
This will drag on. Great news. We get more compensation! Ok our season will suffer as a result of keeping another failed appointment against his wishes but since when have we been about what happens on the park in recent times?

R'Albin
29-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Rod most certainly has his faults, but I have faith in his negotiation skills and I believe he will manage to get a good deal out of this one way or another:agree:

Edit- I wish he would ****ing hurry up though!!!!

Greenblood70
29-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Oh ffs, this is going to drag on and on.

Get Calderwood out asap if that's what he wants so we can prepare for the start of the season and take the few hundred grand on offer (if what's rumoured is correct). This limbo period is helping nobody and can't be allowed to continue much longer. Another season like the last one will take a while to recover from and I'm sick to death of us being in constant transition.

Of course the above presumes our Board will have had the foresight to be sounding out suitable replacements in the event of CC leaving. Their track record in this respect aint anything to write home about.:rolleyes:

Dibben
29-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh ffs, this is going to drag on and on.

Get Calderwood out asap if that's what he wants so we can prepare for the start of the season and take the few hundred grand on offer (if what's rumoured is correct). This limbo period is helping nobody and can't be allowed to continue much longer. Another season like the last one will take a while to recover from and I'm sick to death of us being in constant transition.

Of course the above presumes our Board will have had the foresight to be sounding out suitable replacements in the event of CC leaving. Their track record in this respect aint anything to write home about.:rolleyes:

By all accounts they are - however, I have no source other than what I have read on here.... :rolleyes:

... and we all know how accurate that can be sometimes!! :greengrin

stubru59
29-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I've got a feeling CC will still be here come start of the season. If hibs have refused pemission for birmingham to speak to CC surely that means petrie has spoke to CC about his feelings otherwise what would be the point if CC really wants to go! its a dangerous game if he is holding out for more money!

If it all goes tits up we are stuck with a manager who can't be ersed!

Surely if CC wished to stay where he was, he'd have told Birmingham that himself.

Greenblood70
29-06-2011, 06:55 PM
By all accounts they are - however, I have no source other than what I have read on here.... :rolleyes:

... and we all know how accurate that can be sometimes!! :greengrin

Aye, my hard earned will be staying firmly in my wallet this time round...:greengrin:wink:

Makaveli
29-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Petrie is tighter than *insert joke*, and negotiations like this are the one thing he excels at. As someone said, whilst we all want a rapid resolution there are hundreds of grand at stake for the sake of a couple of days... and it would be foolish to think the board aren't weighing up potential replacements in the meantime.

R'Albin
29-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Petrie is tighter than *insert joke*, and negotiations like this are the one thing he excels at. As someone said, whilst we all want a rapid resolution there are hundreds of grand at stake for the sake of a couple of days... and it would be foolish to think the board aren't weighing up potential replacements in the meantime.

bighairyfaeleith
I hope he stays and puts this place into ****ing meltdown :greengrin

Davy Mac
I have always supported the board on our prudent strategy and I will continue to do so, however I've come to the conclusion the Rod Petrie's man management skills and his seemingly lack of ability to get on with Managers is now coming home to roost.

IMO, if you respect and like your boss you generally go the extra mile and remain fairly loyal but that doesn't seem to be the case at Hibs and questions will now have to be asked.

Other members of the board must now address the issue of why we've had so many disgruntled exits from the dugout.

Andy74
29-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Sorry, I was talking about last season. I was careful enough to say that in another thread, guess I slipped up here.

Yogi left after 7 games. Using average points per game as the metric, if we stuck with Yogi then we would have finished with less points than we did under CC. On that basis alone I am saying that CC was better than Yogi.

I'm not sure that works when you take into account the split. It's also not really an indication of what might have happened.

When you look at the stark facts of the uplift we got when CC got his new players in eventually it's arguable that the actual uplift was in Graham Stack playing. A Hughes signing.

bighairyfaeleith
29-06-2011, 07:01 PM
I have always supported the board on our prudent strategy and I will continue to do so, however I've come to the conclusion the Rod Petrie's man management skills and his seemingly lack of ability to get on with Managers is now coming home to roost.

IMO, if you respect and like your boss you generally go the extra mile and remain fairly loyal but that doesn't seem to be the case at Hibs and questions will now have to be asked.

Other members of the board must now address the issue of why we've had so many disgruntled exits from the dugout.

Do we actually know it's petrie, is he not the chairman now and scott lindsay is chief exec?

surely calderwood would be dealing with lyndsay more than petrie?

Baker9
29-06-2011, 07:06 PM

You've got it in one! Great job to get us where we are financially etc but not the man for the road ahead. Horses for courses and all that. People skills in the boardroom badly needed.

lyonhibs
29-06-2011, 07:09 PM
This situation/saga is bollocks. Either way, whether he goes to Brum/Forest/Accrington Stanley/whoever or not, he's made his position as manager of HFC pretty much untenable.

For managers just us much as players, we need them to be 100% committed and focused on Hibernian FC, and wanting to be here.

Calderwood plainly isn't any of the above, so should either leave for another club or walk IMO.

Davy Mac
29-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Do we actually know it's petrie, is he not the chairman now and scott lindsay is chief exec?

surely calderwood would be dealing with lyndsay more than petrie?

I've always believed attitude comes from the top and cascades down, maybe Lindsay does deal with CC more often but I would imagine he doesn't have the power he perhaps would like.

Difficult one, but the Managers can't see to get away from ER quick enough.

Davy Mac
29-06-2011, 07:15 PM
This situation/saga is bollocks. Either way, whether he goes to Brum/Forest/Accrington Stanley/whoever or not, he's made his position as manager of HFC pretty much untenable.

For managers just us much as players, we need them to be 100% committed and focused on Hibernian FC, and wanting to be here.

Calderwood plainly isn't any of the above, so should either leave for another club or walk IMO.

But that's the point why don't they want to be here?

There must be a Manager out there who is comfortable about the wage constraints but would love to bring through the youngsters etc - and let's face it, the stadium/academy is one of the the best in Scotland.

It's got to be the internal workings.

R'Albin
29-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I hope he stays and puts this place into ****ing meltdown :greengrin

:greengrin It would be mental!

Hibernia Na Eir
29-06-2011, 07:25 PM
have to say, i wont be sad to see him go.

northseahibby
29-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Cant wait for the meltdown.......something to look forward to....

Dibben
29-06-2011, 07:28 PM

sahib
29-06-2011, 07:28 PM

I don't see why. I am sure Calderwood will be touched by Hibs obvious desire to keep him. He will now face the new season with renewed confidence as a result.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-06-2011, 07:34 PM

The results for Yogi initially were superb but they did tail off and when Calderwood picked up the baton, results by and large stayed the same.

However, what I think what separates the two from each other is that Calderwood wasted no time in emptying the players that should never have been given a Hibs strip in the first place; Yogi persisted with them week in, week out.