PDA

View Full Version : ***CC - Staying Or Going?***/NFFC Appoint Coach MERGED

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Don Giovanni
27-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I hope the next manager fails as spectacularly as Hughes did, i want more of that european failure please.

You would have kept him beyond October?

khib70
27-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I hope the next manager fails as spectacularly as Hughes did, i want more of that european failure please.
Yep, there's nothing like two defeats from an East European pub team in the sexed-up Intertoto to make you feel the manager is really taking us places

hibsbollah
27-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Sauzee. Player Manager. Build it and they will come. Just like that baseball in the cornfield movie.

Lucius Apuleius
27-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Correct me if I am wrong :agree:, but I seem to recall a hell of a lot of people shouting for Yogi to be made manager in the first place. Rod put the guy in most (not I said the fly) wanted. Never worked.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Yep, there's nothing like two defeats from an East European pub team in the sexed-up Intertoto to make you feel the manager is really taking us places

Exactly, give me a 10th place finish or scraping into the top 6 over that every time.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 01:33 PM
You would have kept him beyond October?

No it was time for him to leave, but as it seems we are giving managers credit now for finishing 10th. It seems fair to me to give him credit for taking the dross he inherited into Europe with a 4th place finish.

silverhibee
27-06-2011, 01:49 PM
earlier poster said it was on the bbc i dont know if its on the radio but its defo not on the website

Caldo talks start at City.

Birmingham have held talks with Hibs about taking Colin Calderwood as Chris Hughton's No 2.
Relagated City named Hughton's as their new boss last week on a 12 month rolling contract.
And he has targeted Caldo to be his assitant after the pair worked together at Newcastle.
The former Scotland defender is also wanted by his old club Nottingham Forrest, with gaffer Steve McClaren set to swoop.

From Todays DR. :aok:

Don Giovanni
27-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Giving managers credit for finishing 10th.

Yep, I don't understand that either...

ScottB
27-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I keep saying it, Yogi should have been shown the door after the Motherwell game.

And now poor unemployed Yogi is all bitter about losing his job at Hibs, didums, he should have never got the job in the first place, and the blame for that falls squarely at Mr Petrie's front door, this man should have no say in picking our next manager, but he will and there is nothing wee can do about it, that is the problem.

Yeah, that game was a travesty.

He had a string of good, if not particularly convincing results, once the rest of the league figured out his plan A he was done, how many games did we win February to October that suggests he was worth keeping on?

He was long since out of ideas, becoming increasingly downright weird in interviews and squandered a fortune on duds. He got us into Europe just, but considering our position at Christmas the second half of that season was a disaster. Never mind the joke that was our cup campaigns. Not that CC was a lot better mind.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, that game was a travesty.

He had a string of good, if not particularly convincing results, once the rest of the league figured out his plan A he was done, how many games did we win February to October that suggests he was worth keeping on?

Only to replaced with worse results. Those unconvinsing wins we got, and those we were lucky in, i'd give my right arm for those results now.

He was long since out of ideas, becoming increasingly downright weird in interviews and squandered a fortune on duds. He got us into Europe just, but considering our position at Christmas the second half of that season was a disaster. Never mind the joke that was our cup campaigns.

It was the middle of february, and that's why he was sacked.

Mikey
27-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Out of interest, does anyone know who took training today?

CC took training today.

ancient hibee
27-06-2011, 02:43 PM
just heard from a good source if c c goes john mcglynn coming in pick the bones out of that one :na na:
Before we can judge the accuracy of this we have to know-

is it a first team player

is it a source inside Easter Road

is it a text from a mate who was out last night

is it from a guy at work

is it from a mate whose dad is a pal of a first team player's dad

or is it just a load of p**h

Famous Fiver
27-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Sodje by twitter?

ancient hibee
27-06-2011, 02:46 PM

Birmingham have held talks with Hibs about taking Colin Calderwood as Chris Hughton's No 2.
Relagated City named Hughton's as their new boss last week on a 12 month rolling contract.
And he has targeted Caldo to be his assitant after the pair worked together at Newcastle.
The former Scotland defender is also wanted by his old club Nottingham Forrest, with gaffer Steve McClaren set to swoop.

Almost certainly a made up story.

Wing Half
27-06-2011, 02:49 PM
CC took training today.

Huzzah!

ScottB
27-06-2011, 02:55 PM
It was the middle of february, and that's why he was sacked.

Sure, but CC also being bad isn't a redemption for Hughes being bad.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Sure, but CC also being bad isn't a redemption for Hughes being bad.

I never said it was, just stated our last manager gave us some good and some bad times. This one has all been bad.

Beefster
27-06-2011, 03:24 PM
I never said it was, just stated our last manager gave us some good and some bad times. This one has all been bad.

You didn't even think that the eight game unbeaten run or the 0-3 at Ibrox were 'good'. Strange one.

hibs0666
27-06-2011, 03:54 PM

This statement reflects your own bias more than the reality of what occurred.

What was totally clear is that Hibs were going down like a stone with Yogi the Clown Hughes at the helm.

persevere1875
27-06-2011, 04:02 PM

Just cant see this one happening, think I said on another thread, considering Calderwood and Houghton are such good mates, you'd have thought if Houghton remotely believed that Calderwood would be joining him, he wouldnt have wasted his time talking to the ex Bristol guy, Trollope I think the guys name is.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 04:19 PM
You didn't even think that the eight game unbeaten run or the 0-3 at Ibrox were 'good'. Strange one.

Of course that blip was good, although surely if folk can forget 7 whole months of good form under hughes, i can dismiss one good February from mine?:wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 04:23 PM
This statement reflects your own bias more than the reality of what occurred.

What was totally clear is that Hibs were going down like a stone with Yogi the Clown Hughes at the helm.

Maybe we were, but he deserved the chance to address that slide, got it but couldnt. He was then sacked and the clueless one came in and saved us from the drop. :faf:

When all those with 20-20 hindsight now claiming thats what he was brought in to do, when at the time those same folk were saying we had the players, all that was needed was to get rid of the manager and things will be hunky dory again.

Funny that eh?

chrisski33
27-06-2011, 04:26 PM
on the news? nowt on the website?

On the mondays gossio column so take what u want from that.

Kaiser1962
27-06-2011, 04:37 PM
On the mondays gossio column so take what u want from that.

I think he was on last Monday's as well and maybe even the Monday before that.

Take from that what you will.

silverhibee
27-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I think he was on last Monday's as well and maybe even the Monday before that.

Take from that what you will.

Tell me why i dont like Mondays. :greengrin

Beefster
27-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Of course that blip was good, although surely if folk can forget 7 whole months of good form under hughes, i can dismiss one good February from mine?:wink:

That's a bit like saying that we shouldn't have sacked Alex Miller in 1996 because he won us the League Cup in 1991.

Ultimately, Hughes' good spell was followed by a wretched spell of the same length where he broke records for how pish we were. That was all that mattered in October - no "Aye, we might be pish now and stuck in relegation form but we were right good this time last year so he deserves to keep his job".

hibs0666
27-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Maybe we were, but he deserved the chance to address that slide, got it but couldnt. He was then sacked and the clueless one came in and saved us from the drop. :faf:

When all those with 20-20 hindsight now claiming thats what he was brought in to do, when at the time those same folk were saying we had the players, all that was needed was to get rid of the manager and things will be hunky dory again.

Funny that eh?

Hughes had the summer to address the slide and he managed to pull together a team that was even worse in the second half of 2010 than the one that was a total embarrassment in the first half. Given how utterly rank we were that was some achievement.

Calderwood started to empty Yogi's dross and for that we should all be eternally grateful as it kept us in the SPL.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 04:47 PM
That's a bit like saying that we shouldn't have sacked Alex Miller in 1996 because he won us the League Cup in 1991.

Ultimately, Hughes' good spell was followed by a wretched spell of the same length where he broke records for how pish we were. That was all that mattered in October - no "Aye, we might be pish now and stuck in relegation form but we were right good this time last year so he deserves to keep his job".

And that's why he was sacked???? If he'd been sacked in February, this place would have went into meltdown.

I don't know one person who thinks he should have kept his job, but plenty who wouldn't give him credit when we were doing well. Read my posts last February praising the team and the manager, why wouldn't i praise them when they do well?

Thats a question i can answer, some wont.

Beefster
27-06-2011, 04:50 PM
And that's why he was sacked???? If he'd been sacked in February, this place would have went into meltdown.

I don't know one person who thinks he should have kept his job, but plenty who wouldn't give him credit when we were doing well. Read my posts last February praising the team and the manager, why wouldn't i praise them when they do well?

Thats a question i can answer, some wont.

I could be way off here but didn't you post with reservations during pre-season and the beginning of 2009/10 about how we were getting results but playing poorly?

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I could be way off here but didn't you post with reservations during pre-season and the beginning of 2009/10 about how we were getting results but playing poorly?

No.

flash
27-06-2011, 04:55 PM
of course he did. bh is the ultimate wind up merchant. more faces than the town clock. funny to watch mind.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 04:56 PM
of course he did. bh is the ultimate wind up merchant. more faces than the town clock. funny to watch mind.

No i didn't?

marinello59
27-06-2011, 04:59 PM
No i didn't?

Oh yes you did. He's behind you etc etc .:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Oh yes you did. He's behind you etc etc .:greengrin

As soon as i posted that i wondered just how long it would be, 3 minutes. :greengrin

marinello59
27-06-2011, 05:04 PM
As soon as i posted that i wondered just how long it would be, 3 minutes. :greengrin

Age has caught up with me. I only used to take 2 minutes to make the predictable post.

R'Albin
27-06-2011, 05:30 PM
According too bbc hibs and birmingham are in talks so.think its time to say bye to cc.

Where did you see this? Still nothing on the site:confused:

AlbertK86
27-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Thread on bounce claiming CC has said he was flattered but is staying at Hibs.

Unfortunately no source to back it up but hope its true

SRHibs
27-06-2011, 05:47 PM
He's staying it seems.:agree:

matty_f
27-06-2011, 05:47 PM

Best outcome all round, IMHO. :agree:

smurf
27-06-2011, 05:49 PM
If he's staying he will be a lame duck.

matty_f
27-06-2011, 06:16 PM

Good that the questions about why a manager would want to go to be an assistant somewhere else appear to have been answered. Guess things must not be that bad at Easter Road (assuming he's staying, of course - otherwise, it's a sad indication of how bad things have become etc).

Onceinawhile
27-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't understand why people are going quite so crazy about CC's comments. Fair enough he hasn't come out and said he wants to stay no matter what, but he's telling the truth, and everyone is quick enough to slate football people when they lie.

ScottB
27-06-2011, 06:20 PM

If we start the season well, I doubt most people will care really. Of course if we go on another barren spell, this will resurface.

Considering the word was that Micheal O'Neil was the likely replacement, I'm not too disappointed.

Badge
27-06-2011, 06:25 PM

Where is this coming from? Poster on Bounce suggesting Forth 1 but nobody else appears to have heard it. Nothing on Official site either, which may not be a big surprise.

chrisski33
27-06-2011, 06:27 PM

Was on bbcs gossip page. As it says just gossip

Dan Sarf
27-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Sky understands....

How disappointing.

Badge
27-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Breaking News on SSN

SSN understands CC on his way to Birmingham, more news as story unfolds

Billy Whizz
27-06-2011, 07:15 PM
More newe as it comes they report. Looks like this Saga is at last coming to an end!

stevej
27-06-2011, 07:17 PM
He's staying it seems.:agree:

Only way he stays is if both Birmingham and Forest refuse to pay the amount of compensation Hibs want

(If there was no compensation involved he would be with one of those clubs already)

If the fact he may stay because the English clubs wont pay big money for an assistant makes people on here happy then so be it

SteveHFC
27-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Lets get Butcher in now.

givescotlandfreedom
27-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Wouldn't be bothered either way anymore.

Beefster
27-06-2011, 07:21 PM
If he goes, I can't wait for another transitional season.

Sigh.

SteveHFC
27-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Another manager again FFS.

pacorosssco
27-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Yay

moredun
27-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Any respect he thought he may have had as manager in his own right will have diminished, he will forever be a number 2, in what ever way you want to look at that

HibeeMcGinn1
27-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Fed up with all this new manager p*sh all the time. If you stay good luck if you go goodbye.

Frazerbob
27-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Delighted. Now let's go out and get a manager who will excite the fans again and get some punter back through the turnstyles. :greengrin

col02
27-06-2011, 07:32 PM
If he goes, I can't wait for another transitional season.

Sigh.

Every season at Hibs is one spent in transition it would appear! Hibs are seriously becoming a mickey mouse club and I doubt any half decent manager would want to touch the job!

hibee bouncer
27-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Billy Davies please!

Jamesie
27-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Billy Davies please!

No thanks

silverhibee
27-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Still not seen anything on SSN regarding CC to City. :agree:

Mikey
27-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Still not seen anything on SSN regarding CC to City. :agree:

Me neither, but more than one person posted it up at the same time.

hibee bouncer
27-06-2011, 07:43 PM
No thanks

Why not? Just out of curiousity. Not many folk out there I'd pick from.

DoonTheSlope
http://www.anhourago.co.uk/show.aspx?l=8559679&d=501

ArabHibee

Aye, but they're brothers. :wink:

HibeeMcGinn1

Mafia

Hiber-nation
27-06-2011, 07:44 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7007959,00.html

"Considering" a move.

matty_f
27-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Good that the questions about why a manager would want to go to be an assistant somewhere else appear to have been answered. Guess things must not be that bad at Easter Road (assuming he's staying, of course - otherwise, it's a sad indication of how bad things have become etc).
Petrie! :grr:

silverhibee
27-06-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7007959,00.html

"Considering" a move.

Thats the same story word for word that was in the DR today. :confused:

At The Edge
27-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Tommy Brown and Syd Preston for me! :wink:

Gatecrasher
27-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Lets get Butcher in now.

:agree:

erin go bragh
27-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Breaking News on SSN

SSN understands CC on his way to Birmingham, more news as story unfolds
Just watched the whole ssn and no mention of the story :I'm waiti and just as the spl news came on it went to the adverts :grr: waited again,then no mention :confused:
ggtth

Badge
27-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Just watched the whole ssn and no mention of the story :I'm waiti and just as the spl news came on it went to the adverts :grr: waited again,then no mention :confused:
ggtth

Was on about 8.15 but it appears they are just copying the story from today's Record

Removed
27-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Was on about 8.15 but it appears they are just copying the story from today's Record

So he's not away yet :rolleyes:

I'm away to wash my hair

Hiber-nation
27-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Thats the same story word for word that was in the DR today. :confused:

Exactly. So dunno what all the excitement's aboot.

Jonnyboy
So he's not away yet :rolleyes:

I'm away to wash my hair

:faf:

micksoo
It is all very clear he is either staying or going.

pacorosssco
not Yay:confused:

HibsMax
27-06-2011, 07:58 PM

Funny that eh?

Maybe people thought that we did have the players but were, again, let down spectacularly?

Badge
27-06-2011, 07:59 PM
not Yay:confused:
Will be YAY, just a matter of time. IMO of course

HibsMax
27-06-2011, 08:08 PM

CC pissed me off by NOT saying, "I don't care who is interested in me, I'm staying at Hibs." because that would have put all this speculation to rest. However, he hasn't really done anything that bad. If he did stay at Hibs, what would he be guilty of? I know I am going back on what I have recently been saying but that's as a result of this friggin' merry-go-round. The goal posts keep shifting. I did say in another post, somewhere, that if CC ended up knocking back everyone else and staying at Hibs, he would get my support back again. Not sure how many other people would feel the same, especially after that crappy interview, but if I sit back and reflect on the FACTS of this whole situation, I can't really point at anything sinister that he's done, other than say something that applies to the majority of us i.e., even if you are not looking to change your job, something could always happen that changes all of that e.g., a better offer. If he stays, at most he's guilty of not being very good in front of the press and should probably result to "No comment.". Regardless of what he says or doesn't say, people will always interpret in at least two different ways.

eastmainsmsh
27-06-2011, 08:08 PM
does calderwood drive a silver merc ...im pretty sure i passed him today bout back of four heading towards A68 From ormiston :confused:

Pretty sure he will go ...... Peter Reid would be a good choice :aok:

HibeeMcGinn1
27-06-2011, 08:13 PM
I can absolutely guarantee you 50% that Colin will be joining Notts County's rival Birmingham possibly soon.

GloryGlory
27-06-2011, 08:19 PM
So life's too short to go back too far back in this thread, but to summarize maybe owt's happening, but maybe nowt's happening, too.

LancsHibs
27-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Hope he goes soon.. and we move for Strachan. Was totally underwhelmed when he was appointed and he has proven to be useless plus he has shown utter disrespect to the club.
Go now CC and I hope you are as crap at Birmingham as you were with Hibs:na na:

.Sean.
27-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I can absolutely guarantee you 50% that Colin will be joining Notts County's rival Birmingham possibly soon.
Make sense ya slaver! :faf:

Ritchie
27-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Make sense ya slaver! :faf:

What's your source's take on it all Sean or are you not allowed to say?

sixtwo
27-06-2011, 08:32 PM
With all the managers mentioned, Strachan, Collins, Reid, Adams, Butcher etc, i find it very hard to believe they will be able to emulate Calderwoods time at hibs. Embarrassing cup defeats and ridiculously low league positions alligned with terrible football and falling crowds. He will be a hard act to follow. Thanks for nothing cc. You took us backwards.

before anyone starts giving me pelters ( he is still the manager as we speak), he has shown a lack of commitment to the club and has been disrepctful to the supporters by touting himself for a move.

Kaiser1962
27-06-2011, 08:34 PM
So.....

Does anybody actually if anything has happened at all in the last two weeks?

LancsHibs
27-06-2011, 08:36 PM
With all the managers mentioned, Strachan, Collins, Reid, Adams, Butcher etc, i find it very hard to believe they will be able to emulate Calderwoods time at hibs. Embarrassing cup defeats and ridiculously low league positions alligned with terrible football and falling crowds. He will be a hard act to follow. Thanks for nothing cc. You took us backwards.

before anyone starts giving me pelters ( he is still the manager as we speak), he has shown a lack of commitment to the club and has been disrepctful to the supporters by touting himself for a move.

Quite right Calderwood is a complete cock, sooner he's gone the better. Onwards & Upwards:flag:

RickyS
27-06-2011, 08:38 PM

no arguments here!:top marks

Elephant Stone
27-06-2011, 08:47 PM
This is getting tiresome, hurry up and go.

moredun
27-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't care now if he finally decides to stay, to me he has been a complete t####r over this, complete disrespect to Hibs, i have backed him all the way, but i now want him out, he is playing Hibs, that's what we get for giving him his chance eh.

Dunbar Hibee
27-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't care now if he finally decides to stay, to me he has been a complete t####r over this, complete disrespect to Hibs, i have backed him all the way, but i now want him out, he is playing Hibs, that's what we get for giving him his chance eh.

I agree. I have backed him since day one but he's pissed me right off with all this. Just go now.

givescotlandfreedom
27-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm not really sure what to think of CC here as on the one hand he probably shouldn't be speculating in public about other jobs but I lost a lot of respect for GJP and Mowbray saying they'd be loyal to us then jumping ship.

erskine-hibby
27-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm not really sure what to think of CC here as on the one hand he probably shouldn't be speculating in public about other jobs but I lost a lot of respect for GJP and Mowbray saying they'd be loyal to us then jumping ship.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I just wish he would make a decision and stick by it.

Removed
27-06-2011, 09:17 PM

Just proves he is in a no win situation .......unless he actually does plan to stay

JustSimplyHibs
27-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Just been on SSN after the YAMS....discussion have taken place.

OK now we need to know from the Hibs board is he away or staying.

bingo70
27-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Just been on SSN after the YAMS....discussion have taken place.

OK now we need to know from the Hibs board is he away or staying.

I agree we need an answer sharpish but if we made a statement now when we're mid negotiations we could lose a lot of barganing power which could end up costing us hundreds of thousands of pounds compensation, for the sake of a day or two i think it's probably sensible to wait, especially if we have already got a replacement lined up.

.Sean.
27-06-2011, 09:24 PM
What's your source's take on it all Sean or are you not allowed to say?
Very coy on the situation to say the least, which is unusual as i'm usually told what I ask so take from that what you wish. CC did take training this morning, and I was told was that 'nothing out of the ordinary' occurred. I'm unsure if i've been told a wee porky pie.

I'm 100% sure CC's a goner. As far as i'm concerned he's burnt his boats with the ridiculous manner in which he's handled this affair and there's no way back for him. I was quite behind him but he's treated the club with disrespect utter contempt so he can do one as far as i'm concerned.

Hibbyradge
27-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Very coy on the situation to say the least, which is unusual as i'm usually told what I ask so take from that what you wish. CC did take training this morning, and I was told was that 'nothing out of the ordinary' occurred. I'm unsure if i've been told a wee porky pie.

I'm 100% sure CC's a goner. As far as i'm concerned he's burnt his boats with the ridiculous manner in which he's handled this affair and there's no way back for him. I was quite behind him but he's treated the club with disrespect utter contempt so he can do one as far as i'm concerned.

100% sure? Really?

What if he doesn't go?

R'Albin
27-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Agree with some of the above posters, Hibs have treated Calderwood brilliantly. Despite the fact he took us through the worst times I have witnessed in my Hibs supporting life we still stuck by him, and the board gave him sufficent funds in the January market to bring in 6 players and 4 more since.

I have supported him throughout, still think if he had stayed(and had denied these rumours) we would have been a top 6 team next season, at least:agree: But now he can just **** off, I don't want someone managing our club who doesnt want to be here.

Anyway, I hope that this issue is resolved soon one way or another as no players are going to bother coming to us if they don't know who the manager is going to be.

Hopefully we will see a new man in soon who will finish rebuilding the squad and we can look forward to a much better season than last.

HibeeSince85
27-06-2011, 09:32 PM
He's not showing Hibs much respect and this has become the worst kept secret of the summer, just go and let us get a new manager in and get back to what needed to be a rebuilding job which has turned into a mess.

Iain G
27-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Agree with some of the above posters, Hibs have treated Calderwood brilliantly. Despite the fact he took us through the worst times I have witnessed in my Hibs supporting life we still stuck by him, and the board gave him sufficent funds in the January market to bring in 6 players and 4 more since.

I have supported him throughout, still think if he had stayed(and had denied these rumours) we would have been a top 6 team next season, at least:agree: But now he can just **** off, I don't want someone managing our club who doesnt want to be here.

Anyway, I hope that this issue is resolved soon one way or another as no players are going to bother coming to us if they don't know who the manager is going to be.

Hopefully we will see a new man in soon who will finish rebuilding the squad and we can look forward to a much better season than last.

I still want him to stay, I do think that if he does and continues to rebuild the squad we will have a much better and more competitive team than we did with the dross that Hughes had left him with. However I suspect the family/new wife living down in England will have more of a draw for him than staying at Hibs, I expect the non-footballing decisions he has to make will outweigh the footballing ones and being near to his family will win the day.

Timing is awful though, if he goes and if we get a new manager in the next week or so that doesn't leave long to stamp their mark on the team and pre-season...

steakbake
27-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Yes, to CC's credit, he's not been saying one thing in public and doing another. He's not made any secret that the interest is flattering etc. Mowbray had just finished preaching to players not to leave the club until they had learned their craft when he decided to take an offer before he'd learned his.

R'Albin
27-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I still want him to stay, I do think that if he does and continues to rebuild the squad we will have a much better and more competitive team than we did with the dross that Hughes had left him with. However I suspect the family/new wife living down in England will have more of a draw for him than staying at Hibs, I expect the non-footballing decisions he has to make will outweigh the footballing ones and being near to his family will win the day.

Timing is awful though, if he goes and if we get a new manager in the next week or so that doesn't leave long to stamp their mark on the team and pre-season...

I did want him to stay, and as I said I think he would have done a very good job. But now he has essentially said he wants to go and the only way I could see him staying is if Hibs can't agree compo with Brum.

Sorry but if the manager doesn't want to be here what effect is that going to have on the players?

Agree with the bold bit though, terrible time to leave, puts massive pressure on the board to get the right man in and they have they have to do it quickly.

brydekirk
27-06-2011, 09:40 PM

.Sean.
27-06-2011, 09:47 PM
100% sure? Really?

What if he doesn't go?
That's just my opinion. I'm sure he's off.

Judas Iscariot
27-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I just wish he'd hurry up and **** off tbh..

He's utterly ***** anyway :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
27-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I just wish he'd hurry up and **** off tbh..

He's utterly ***** anyway :rolleyes:

You do realise you've just said 'he's utterly 5 star anyway' :greengrin

Geo_1875
27-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Can't see any problem here. If he wants to go Hibs can't say ok then argue about compensation with Birmingham (or Forest). If either of them meet RPs compensation terms then they can make an offer to CC. You can't expect CC to come out and say he's definitely staying when he might not. Both Hibs and CC are doing it all proper and above board, as we should know to expect. I've no problem with CC if he decides to stay.

hfc rd
27-06-2011, 10:01 PM

Totally agree.

I have backed him up since day 1 as well but after that interview on the BBC when he had the chance to rule himself out and he didn't, I have totally lost faith in this guy and he should leave now as we really need a new manager in urgently if he does go. No time for this 3-4 weeks of searching when the new season kicks off at that time.

Judas Iscariot
27-06-2011, 10:06 PM
You do realise you've just said 'he's utterly 5 star anyway' :greengrin

I have to behave J seeing I have an infraction or 2 :whistle:

Hank Schrader
27-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm 100% sure CC's a goner.

You've changed your tune very quickly Sean (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?211540-*****-SSN-quot-Understands-quot-CC-To-Birmingham-*****&p=2839991&viewfull=1#post2839991) :greengrin

You either have a short memory or have heard something pretty significant to make you change your opinion.

R'Albin
27-06-2011, 10:15 PM
You've changed your tune very quickly Sean (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?211540-*****-SSN-quot-Understands-quot-CC-To-Birmingham-*****&p=2839991&viewfull=1#post2839991) :greengrin

You either have a short memory or have heard something pretty significant to make you change your opinion.

:tee hee:

degenerated
27-06-2011, 10:15 PM
it's a sad indication of how bad things have become etc).

Must be pretty bad if someone would actually choose to go to Birmingham :agree: I've heard of people from Birmingham marrying folk from Dundee just to climb the social ladder, it really is that bad. It's one of the few places i can go and actually raise the tone :greengrin

hibee bouncer
27-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Was speaking with one of the Livi directors about the CC scenario. He mentioned that a fellow director had been told by a hibs counterpart that CC never actually wanted the hibs job and was using it as a bargaining tool for extra cash/new contract at Newcastle when it went spectacularly wrong and Ashley told him he could go to which he took the huff & went. First I had heard that story. Regardless if true or not, he's still better leaving us as it's clear he's not 100% into managing us.

SloopJB
27-06-2011, 10:28 PM

From 100% sure to just an opinion.

I might win the lottery on Saturday, Can't say that I wont so I'd better start looking to see what I'm going to spend it on.
really looking forward to this now, this is brilliant news. my boss can piss off for a start.
Fantastic, this is life changing, superb.

HibeeSince85
27-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Think the Livi directors talking mince with that one, he'd rather go, this looks clear enough but it was pretty well known that he had applied for the Hibs job more than once.

Removed
27-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Was speaking with one of the Livi directors about the CC scenario. He mentioned that a fellow director had been told by a hibs counterpart that CC never actually wanted the hibs job and was using it as a bargaining tool for extra cash/new contract at Newcastle when it went spectacularly wrong and Ashley told him he could go to which he took the huff & went. First I had heard that story. Regardless if true or not, he's still better leaving us as it's clear he's not 100% into managing us.

That has to be one of the the craziest things I've heard on here.

(Only beaten by Macar and Bolton Hibs :slipper: exploits on the BSC)

RickyS
27-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Must be pretty bad if someone would actually choose to go to Birmingham :agree: I've heard of people from Birmingham marrying folk from Dundee just to climb the social ladder, it really is that bad. It's one of the few places i can go and actually raise the tone :greengrin

thats brilliant mate, my wife is from Dundee and I just woke her up to tell her that one. she said to tell you:na na: but i reckon its worth a :aok:

.Sean.
27-06-2011, 10:40 PM
From 100% sure to just an opinion.

I might win the lottery on Saturday, Can't say that I wont so I'd better start looking to see what I'm going to spend it on.
really looking forward to this now, this is brilliant news. my boss can piss off for a start.
Fantastic, this is life changing, superb.
Can't I be of the opinion that i'm sure he's offski? :confused: :greengrin

We'll find out one way or another tomorrow I reckon. Be interesting to hear whether or not CC takes training...

Harpandcastle
27-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Think the Livi directors talking mince with that one, he'd rather go, this looks clear enough but it was pretty well known that he had applied for the Hibs job more than once.

I thought Calderwood only applied once and lost out to Hughes, pretty sure at his press conference when he got the job he stated Hibs approached him 2nd time round.

SloopJB
27-06-2011, 10:43 PM
[LEFT]
Can't I be of the opinion that i'm sure he's offski? :confused: :greengrin

We'll find out one way or another tomorrow I reckon. Be interesting to hear whether or not CC takes training...

Can't argue with that I suppose. unless your really 100% sure it's an opinion.

RickyS
27-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Hibs mad running with this

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_boss_colin_calderwood_set_for_birmingham_swit ch_683679/index.shtml

RickyS
27-06-2011, 10:48 PM
I thought Calderwood only applied once and lost out to Hughes, pretty sure at his press conference when he got the job he stated Hibs approached him 2nd time round.

sure i remember him saying that he was phoned and asked if he would still be interested given he was close the previous time

IWasThere2016
27-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Said 3 - nearly 4 - days ago that CC'd go to Brum, and he'd leave Monday/Tuesday and I'm sticking by that.

I think RP'll have agreed terms by now, and believe CC may have done so also.

A resolution one way or another cannot be far away...

chrisski33
27-06-2011, 11:21 PM
would it have been cc decision to release the 18 or so players this summer or the boards decision?

hibs4eve
27-06-2011, 11:39 PM
If calderwood goes the new manager will take weeks to get mabey 2months by then all we well end up signing is players the new manager has managed that team so PLEASE PLEASE calderwood stay

Purehibee_MYB
27-06-2011, 11:43 PM
So bored of this now...I just wish Calderwood would get away from my club now

I do feel sorry for the board though...there were calls to appoint someone with no affiliation to the club and did so, and in that they found a guy who has shown no loyalty...its a pity really, just hope they can find someone this time round.

persevere1875
27-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Hibs mad running with this

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_boss_colin_calderwood_set_for_birmingham_swit ch_683679/index.shtml

If this article is true, and in particular I'm reffering to the bit about the escape clause / compensation deal, then I'm not entirely decided whether or not I'm delighted that

1) Hibs have had the sense in issuing such a clause in the guys contract,

or

2) A bit pissed of that last week the club issued a hands off statement to Notts Forest ( presumably they couldnt afford the payout ) and if sources are to be believed, this week Birmingham ( a damn site better of than Forest with Mr Yeung's money ) are free to hold talks with Calderwood.

Now what exactly does that say about where, the business that is Hibernian F C, place team stability and footballing success in the overall picture ?

Is it just below the £500,000 to £1,000,000 mark I wonder ?

SmokieJoe
27-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Billy Davies please!

That wee hun bassa/reject of a manager/door faced ***** delet as aplicable/or non at all.

errr.....no thanks.

hfc rd
28-06-2011, 12:02 AM
If calderwood goes the new manager will take weeks to get mabey 2months by then all we well end up signing is players the new manager has managed that team so PLEASE PLEASE calderwood stay

Will be kind of shocked if CC is still here by the start of the season. Most of the fans including myself want him out as he doesn't seem passionate and doesn't look as if he wants to be here after his interview.

If CC does go, then I really hope the board don't take the usual 3-4 weeks of searching for a new gaffer because the season starts very soon and the new man needs to be appointed in good time for him to get to know the team, find what the strengths are and the weaknesses in the team and for him to go out and find someone that can turn that weakness into a strength i.e. new RB. The new guy needs to be lined up and appointed as soon as and if CC leaves.

Currently I wouldn't mind Terry Butcher or Gordon Strachan but then again I have a wee feeling that Rod will want Michael O'Neil from Shamrock Rovers. He is always linked with us whenever there is a managerial vacancy up here.

GGTTH!
:flag:

Diclonius
28-06-2011, 12:05 AM
This just in.

hfc rd
28-06-2011, 12:08 AM
This just in.

What's just in?

H18Y GW
28-06-2011, 12:19 AM
would it have been cc decision to release the 18 or so players this summer or the boards decision?

A bit of both i would think, and many were confirmed away before the managerial merry go round started.

We wanted someone with no links to Hibs and we got him,he inherits a bunch of plonkers, whittles them down and still isnt enough for many Hibs fans, im sure if he had his way there would be another 10 players at ER.

Not surprised he would bail out,not 100 % supported from the terracing or up the stairs,just need to wait on the next"hibs minded manager" that will do it the "hibs way".

And we will all grow old waiting on such a messiah,as stated its gettin boring now.

steakbake
28-06-2011, 04:35 AM
Bit of pointless pessimism, no? Did I miss our strong finish to the season which would carry on to the start of next? TBH, there was no indication that we'd miraculously improve. Lets just see what happens.

R'Albin
28-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Hibs4eve- you don't have a thread in everything, you can post on threads as well:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2011, 06:06 AM
If he goes then he goes, no such thing as loyalty in football, at least he has never stood on the half way line and promised to stay as long as we want him.

The question is who next if he goes, personally I haven't got a clue and none of the people mentioned so far interest me one little bit!!

silverhibee
28-06-2011, 06:19 AM
If he goes then he goes, no such thing as loyalty in football, at least he has never stood on the half way line and promised to stay as long as we want him.

The question is who next if he goes, personally I haven't got a clue and none of the people mentioned so far interest me one little bit!!

With you on that one, i think the big worry could be who would want to take the Hibs job right now. :aok:

brydekirk
28-06-2011, 06:32 AM
With you on that one, i think the big worry could be who would want to take the Hibs job right now. :aok:

Kaiser1962
28-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Yes, to CC's credit, he's not been saying one thing in public and doing another. He's not made any secret that the interest is flattering etc. Mowbray had just finished preaching to players not to leave the club until they had learned their craft when he decided to take an offer before he'd learned his.

That appears to be forgotten about when we're all fawning over Mowbray. I would mention McLeish as well and his statement on the pitch at the time he was having regular meetings in the Lauderdale Hotel.

Kaiser1962
28-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Said 3 - nearly 4 - days ago that CC'd go to Brum, and he'd leave Monday/Tuesday and I'm sticking by that.

I think RP'll have agreed terms by now, and believe CC may have done so also.

A resolution one way or another cannot be far away...

The law of averages says that somebody is going to be right eventually.

mjhibby
28-06-2011, 06:58 AM

I heard from a newcasle fan that it was common knowledge cc had a soft spot for hibs and they werent surprised at all he became hibs manager so think he only had the best intentions for hibs.I believe he kept a house around the lasswade area in case he got the hibs job.In a way sad to see him going but like everybody else lets please just get it sorted one way or another so we can look forward to preseason and then july 23rd.The more important thing imho is that we need a rb,ceative midfielder and of course another striker and we need them we before the season starts to bed them in.
I have to say michael oneil is my preferred choice but somehow i think we all know its the other (safe pair of hands)calderwood who is waiting by the phone for the call.Cant say hes my favourite but we could do worse.

Auckland Hibs
28-06-2011, 06:59 AM

IMO JC was the right person for us and we messed it up.

I know he made some ropey buys but I've never seen a fitter Hibs team in my lifetime and his European experience / attitude would have really transformed our squad if he was around for 4-5 seasons.

If CC is gone then I would like to see Terry Butcher get the nod, he's done a fantastic job at ICT and I think he's the kind of bloke to finish the clear-out of deadwood we still have (as well as managing a tight budget).

Ray_
28-06-2011, 07:16 AM
So bored of this now...I just wish Calderwood would get away from my club now

I do feel sorry for the board though...there were calls to appoint someone with no affiliation to the club and did so, and in that they found a guy who has shown no loyalty...its a pity really, just hope they can find someone this time round.

If he goes, which seems likely, it just makes me wonder why he left the No 2 position at a Premiership club, with the same manager, to take up the same position, with a championship club, eight month later? He isn't the only one who has done a complete U turn this summer at Hibs, is it all just coincidence?

Hibby D
28-06-2011, 07:19 AM
............. i think we all know its the other (safe pair of hands)calderwood who is waiting by the phone for the call.Cant say hes my favourite but we could do worse.

Please God no. I honestly don't think I could bear that ...:no way:

IWasThere2016
28-06-2011, 07:25 AM

You have more faith in RP than I do :wink: He's due one soon right enough :greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-06-2011, 07:26 AM
If he goes, which seems likely, it just makes me wonder why he left the No 2 position at a Premiership club, with the same manager, to take up the same position, with a championship club, eight month later? He isn't the only one who has done a complete U turn this summer at Hibs, is it all just coincidence?

:agree: RP :bye:

AndyM_1875
28-06-2011, 07:26 AM

I think that fat Jimmy is a decent manager and he did well with Aberdeen and Dunfermline so I'm not really sure .....

Having said that him playing pocket billiards at the side of the pitch is pretty distateful on the eye but that's offset by the glow from his Majorca suntan which would save us a fortune in floodlighting bills.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-06-2011, 07:27 AM

:agree: Nightmare scenario! I'd (almost) welcome Yogi back before that chooob!

Hibernia Na Eir
28-06-2011, 07:30 AM

make that times 2

bingo70
28-06-2011, 07:34 AM

There's no danger we'll go for him and i don't particularly want him but it's easily forgotten he's been a success wherever he's been, whether that's down to his perma-tan image or what i don't know but he's got a better record in management than Levien who everyone was creaming themselves over before he got the scotland job

yogibear1975
28-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Been informed this morning by my mate who missus is friends with Petrie's PA that CC has agreed to join Birmingham. Nothing official as yet as they are agreeing compensation but expect an announcement within the next 48hrs.

Now were do we go?

Woody1985
28-06-2011, 07:48 AM
If that is true well done on getting someone fired but I'm guessing no one would be that stupid.

Beefster
28-06-2011, 07:49 AM
I bet Rodders' is going to be pissed off at his PA.

IWasThere2016
28-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Been informed this morning by my mate who missus is friends with Petrie's PA that CC has agreed to join Birmingham. Nothing official as yet as they are agreeing compensation but expect an announcement within the next 48hrs.

Now were do we go?

They'll be chuffed with you :greengrin

Hibby D
28-06-2011, 07:50 AM
This place is just brimming with scoops :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
28-06-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm really a bit baffled with this, it appears he'll be away to Birmingham...... But to join a championship club as a # 2....... he's been a manager in that league, # 2 at a bigger EPL club, got his chance up here to be a # 1 again.......has had a tremendous opportunity to mould his own side, was 75% on the way to completion......Now is going to leave and set us back another couple of years IMO.

Thank you Colin.

Jack
28-06-2011, 07:56 AM
This place is just brimming with scoops :greengrin

Make mine a vanilla, hundreds and thousands – no crushed nuts thanks. :aok:

steakbake
28-06-2011, 07:59 AM
I am due to move house in the next few days and while on hold on the phone at Enterprise van rentals, I overheard a guy on the other line taking a booking for a "Mr Calderwood" who needed to drive his stuff down to "Birmingham". From what I could make out, the only question remained over the timing and how Mr Calderwood would be able to pay - (he is apparently waiting for some news about some money).

I take from that that Calderwood may or indeed may not be away to Birmingham in the next few days. The only hold up just now is the compensation and of course, the furniture van.

It's an exclusive. Don't forget who told you and you heard it here first. Please keep it on the main board, by the way. I don't want to reveal my source :wink:

bingo70
28-06-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm really a bit baffled with this, it appears he'll be away to Birmingham...... But to join a championship club as a # 2....... he's been a manager in that league, # 2 at a bigger EPL club, got his chance up here to be a # 1 again.......has had a tremendous opportunity to mould his own side, was 75% on the way to completion......Now is going to leave and set us back another couple of years IMO.

Thank you Colin.

IMO either he's used hibs as he knew what was around the corner at Newcastle or the job is more difficuilt than he thought it was going to be for whatever reason.

I don't think his appointment has set us back though, i think he's got rid of a lot of the dross and from what i can gather improved the morale of the squad that was so demoralised when he took over from Yogi, it wasn't working for CC on the pitch but IMO he's laid the foundations for the next guy to come in and IMO whoever comes in now is coming into a better job now than what CC came into.

Craig_in_Prague
28-06-2011, 08:06 AM
IMO either he's used hibs as he knew what was around the corner at Newcastle or the job is more difficuilt than he thought it was going to be for whatever reason.

I don't think his appointment has set us back though, i think he's got rid of a lot of the dross and from what i can gather improved the morale of the squad that was so demoralised when he took over from Yogi, it wasn't working for CC on the pitch but IMO he's laid the foundations for the next guy to come in and IMO whoever comes in now is coming into a better job now than what CC came into.

the new manager will have a squad mostly put together by the ex manager.

new guys always want their own players in.....

time will tell, but there are a decent set of players there to work with.

RickyS
28-06-2011, 08:08 AM

my own thoughts are that an SPL job was only of interest because he knew that Hughton and him were about to lose their jobs and working in the SPL is marginally better than being in the dole

johnrebus
28-06-2011, 08:08 AM
I've just passed a middle aged guy in a Hibs tracksuit standing on the A702 at Hillend with his thumb out and carrying a cardboard sign with the word ' BIRMINGHAM ', written on it.

:hmmm:

matty_f
28-06-2011, 08:10 AM
I've just created a story in my head about colin calderwood. Do I win a badge?

Oh, nearly forgot...PETRIE!!:grr:

bingo70
28-06-2011, 08:11 AM
the new manager will have a squad mostly put together by the ex manager.

new guys always want their own players in.....

time will tell, but there are a decent set of players there to work with.

I think so too and i don't think we said that when CC took over, still needs additions but there's scope to do that as the squad isn't littered with demoralised garbage like it was at christmas so i think it's a decent job for someone to come into.

Spike Mandela
28-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Regarding any new manager surely we have been through the recruitment process so recently that we should be able to approach whoever was second choice last time around.

Should save us time unless some glaringly obvious candidate has become available in the few months since CC was appointed.

truehibernian
28-06-2011, 08:13 AM
I think so too and i don't think we said that when CC took over, still needs additions but there's scope to do that as the squad isn't littered with demoralised garbage like it was at christmas so i think it's a decent job for someone to come into.

With the added bonus of some of the compensation monies to get players in. We have all been saying that we are 5 or 6 players short and IMHO I think that is still the case. That's assuming Shamrock Rovers don't demand too much compensation mind :greengrin

steakbake
28-06-2011, 08:14 AM
I've just created a story in my head about colin calderwood. Do I win a badge?

Oh, nearly forgot...PETRIE!!:grr:

If the badge you have won is a coaching badge, does that make you a likely candidate for next manager?

Craig_in_Prague
28-06-2011, 08:15 AM

Butcher would be a sound appointment IMO.....and he'd bring Rooney with him.

Arch Stanton
28-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Hibs4eve- you don't have a thread in everything, you can post on threads as well:wink:

Or at least start a few polls to give a bit of variety. :agree:

While I would have liked CC to stay I can't see it making much difference if someone else takes over - a couple more players to be brought in (and you'd imagine the research for that will have been done already) and then the pre-season and then Celtic et al.

It would make sense to me if someone like oor Jimmy was brought in on a years contract - I don't buy all this having to build your own team malarky - if you can't get the players you already have on your roster working as a team then your not that great a manager.

Ray_
28-06-2011, 08:19 AM
my own thoughts are that an SPL job was only of interest because he knew that Hughton and him were about to lose their jobs and working in the SPL is marginally better than being in the dole

And Adams?

bingo70
28-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Butcher has been telling Rooney he would be best continuing to learn his trade at ICT, do we really want a manager that says that to players then jumps ship at the next offer? :devil:

I don't really see the attraction of Butcher tbh, he's had about one good season with calley and he's had a good while to build that team, he won't get that time with us.

Not really ersed TBH though, whether i want them or not is nether here nor there, whoever gets it i'll look for the positives and no doubt be naively optimistic so i just want them to get on with it so we can get on with building a team for next season.

Phil MaGlass
28-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Hopefully we get a decent compensation payout and can pump that into a couple of players, I would think we would not be too far off a decent team.
Gordon Strachan is at Easter Road.

JustSimplyHibs
28-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Please no Michael O'Neil or Terry Butcher.....Yes men are not the answer.

The Club should for once grow a pair and go for someone with a better track record, a history of success in management, a boss that will make people go WTF.

Mon Hibs for once dip into those pockets pay a decent wage....Martin O'neil, WGS or A Other all out of work, have a decent managerial track record and am sure if they were backed financially would bring alot of success to this once great sleeping giant.

You dont need alot of cash to win things in Scotland, we play in a joke of a league that is viewed as an embarresment from all that watch. At least a couple of million would win you a cup and split the InFirm.

Message to board "You back money wise, success will naturally happen and the fans will come back"

Michael O'Neil or Terry Butcher will set us back to where we are now....a Joke.

RickyS
28-06-2011, 08:30 AM
And Adams?

what about him?

Dr Jimmy
28-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Remember Butcher also took ICT down and was "out foxed" on the last day of that season by none other than Yogi.:-0

hibsquaker
28-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Surely that 18 foot "Play your part" on the side of easter road with a picture of CC has to go ASAP. Regardless of whether he is staying. He's certainly not playing his part.

smurf
28-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Hopefully we get a decent compensation payout and can pump that into a couple of players, I would think we would not be too far off a decent team.
Gordon Strachan is at Easter Road.

Why make such a claim?:rolleyes:

easty
28-06-2011, 08:45 AM
I've just passed a middle aged guy in a Hibs tracksuit standing on the A702 at Hillend with his thumb out and carrying a cardboard sign with the word ' BIRMINGHAM ', written on it.

:hmmm:

That was me, sat up all night perfecting my Calderwood 'glum look' on my face. I knew I'd hook someone from .net...:wink:

Jones28
28-06-2011, 08:45 AM

The Club should for once grow a pair and go for someone with a better track record, a history of success in management, a boss that will make people go WTF.

Mon Hibs for once dip into those pockets pay a decent wage....Martin O'neil, WGS or A Other all out of work, have a decent managerial track record and am sure if they were backed financially would bring alot of success to this once great sleeping giant.

You dont need alot of cash to win things in Scotland, we play in a joke of a league that is viewed as an embarresment from all that watch. At least a couple of million would win you a cup and split the InFirm.

Message to board "You back money wise, success will naturally happen and the fans will come back"

Terry Butcher managed a team with significantly less resources to a higher spot in the league, in what way does that constitute him a lesser manager? He would be a great appointment IMHO. A good track record with ICT, unbeaten away from home for something like a season and a half (something Hibs have definitely struggled with) and would have a chance to bring Adam Rooney down the road with him.

Beefster
28-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Terry Butcher managed a team with significantly less resources to a higher spot in the league, in what way does that constitute him a lesser manager? He would be a great appointment IMHO. A good track record with ICT, unbeaten away from home for something like a season and a half (something Hibs have definitely struggled with) and would have a chance to bring Adam Rooney down the road with him.

He did it for one season with ICT. How does his managerial record look elsewhere?

Speedway
28-06-2011, 08:51 AM
He did it for one season with ICT. How does his managerial record look elsewhere?

He did brilliantly as assistant to Craig Burley.

easty
28-06-2011, 08:52 AM

I think I'd be pretty happy with Terry Butcher. He'd be a good appointment, would he be interested though? We must look like a shambles to managers who see the comings and goings of the previous men in charge.

I'd be gutted if we went for Jimmy Calderwood, I don't think he'll even be considered (I hope). Billy Davies is another person that I don't want anywhere near Easter Road, he's a cretin.

It's a difficult one, in that you don't want the board to rush the choice and get it wrong, but we can't afford to wait and not have anyone in place to bring in the players they want to work with.The worry is that we don't get anyone in place until it's too late, they don't bring in the players they want, we start the season poorly and it snowballs from there until we're looking for a new manager again in 12 months time.

Or CC might stay and he might just turn out to be the greatest thing since bread came in nice wee sliced up bits.

brog
28-06-2011, 09:36 AM

What makes you think O'Neil or Butcher are yes men? Michael O'Neil is a very intelligent & articulate guy with a tremendous sense of humour & he's fiercely independent. This is from personal experience. I've not met Terry B but there's absolutely nothing in his demeanour or his track record to suggest he's a yes man. Rather, in last 5 or 6 years he's the only pundit I saw who had the courage to continually question the value of Beckham's continuing involvement with England.
Finally, ICT went the whole of 2010 without losing an away league game, something which is inconceivable down ER way!

easty
28-06-2011, 09:40 AM

I think Terry Butcher would have all the knowledge required to help Hibs do something they've never done in any of our lifetimes............get 3 points away at Caley Thistle.:greengrin

Andy74
28-06-2011, 10:40 AM

I'm trying to work out in what way £2 million would win a cup and split the Old Firm. And for how long?

Hibs7
28-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Time Calderwood made up his mind and pi$$ed off.

JustSimplyHibs
28-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Terry Butcher - Sacked by Coventry City for poor results 1992, Sacked by Sydney FC in 2006 following poor results, in 2007 he left Brentford following a poor run with fans calling for his head, ICT get relegated in 2009 under Butcher and have a really bad start to the 1st Division.

Mickey O'Neil...loved the player, as for manager in Scotland...what did he do, thats right won 2 manager of the month awards. Yes he has won a league title but in a league that Leith Athletic, Hutchie Vale or Tynie could win.

Soz their no the man for me.

As for the £2 million pound question...well u split the Infirm, finish 2nd (Europe, more money for finishing high in the league, win a cup...money, increassed revenue through Season Tickets and Full houses at ER/TV Money....and it goes on from there bit by bit

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Terry Butcher - Sacked by Coventry City for poor results 1992, Sacked by Sydney FC in 2006 following poor results, in 2007 he left Brentford following a poor run with fans calling for his head, ICT get relegated in 2009 under Butcher and have a really bad start to the 1st Division.

Mickey O'Neil...loved the player, as for manager in Scotland...what did he do, thats right won 2 manager of the month awards. Yes he has won a league title but in a league that Leith Athletic, Hutchie Vale or Tynie could win.

As for the £2 million pound question...well u split the Infirm, finish 2nd (Europe, more money for finishing high in the league, win a cup...money, increassed revenue through Season Tickets and Full houses at ER/TV Money....and it goes on from there bit by bit

I'd up the medication mate.

Liberal Hibby
28-06-2011, 11:25 AM
So is there a vacancy?

JustSimplyHibs
28-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Why?

ScottB
28-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Hearts have thrown tens of millions at the league in recent years, and done what you say once.

There is no pot of gold for finishing higher in the SPL, no guarantee of the lucrative Champions League group stages even for winning the league. Finishing second is probably worth a few hundred grand more than finishing 5th.

Considering we haven't filled our previously smaller stadium when we've been up in 3rd place and won a cup, it aint happening now.

As for bringing in Martin O'Neill or Strachan, I'll have some of what you're smoking! Certainly O'Neill could have his pick of EPL jobs if he wanted. There's a difference between ambition and pie in the sky dreaming.

JustSimplyHibs
28-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Why?

You trying to say it cant be done????

bawheid
28-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Why?

Not for an extra £2m a year.

Hearts spend about £6m more a year than us and can't do it.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Why?

Not for an extra £2m a year.

Hearts spend about £6m more a year than us and can't do it.

This.

JustSimplyHibs
28-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Hearts have thrown tens of millions at the league in recent years, and done what you say once.

There is no pot of gold for finishing higher in the SPL, no guarantee of the lucrative Champions League group stages even for winning the league. Finishing second is probably worth a few hundred grand more than finishing 5th.

Considering we haven't filled our previously smaller stadium when we've been up in 3rd place and won a cup, it aint happening now.

As for bringing in Martin O'Neill or Strachan, I'll have some of what you're smoking! Certainly O'Neill could have his pick of EPL jobs if he wanted. There's a difference between ambition and pie in the sky dreaming.

Ok then!!!!! Did they build on it....no they choose to sack their managers, import too many Eastern Europeans, and if read what mad Vlad says...let the Mafia win.

erin go bragh
28-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Regarding any new manager surely we have been through the recruitment process so recently that we should be able to approach whoever was second choice last time around.

Should save us time unless some glaringly obvious candidate has become available in the few months since CC was appointed.
Think we appointed the 2nd choice :greengrin
ggtth

ronaldo7
28-06-2011, 11:34 AM
So he's away and were chasing Michael O'Neil.

The joys of being a Hibby eh:greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
28-06-2011, 11:36 AM
BH....please tell me what £6 million pound is spent on....

Mikey
28-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Players wages.

bawheid
28-06-2011, 11:38 AM

Haha...

Yeah...see Mikey's post.

Wages and lightbulbs.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2011, 11:38 AM

Fair excited about the prospect of O'Neil being our next manager. :rolleyes: When clueless eventually leaves i'd hope we set our sights a little higher than him Ronnie. :pray:

bawheid
28-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Fair excited about the prospect of O'Neil being our next manager. :rolleyes: When clueless eventually leaves i'd hope we set our sights a little higher than him Ronnie. :pray:

Same here.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Dont you know, what do you think its spent on?

ronaldo7
28-06-2011, 11:41 AM

He's away G.

Just spoke to the academy ketchup and we're chasing O'neil.

JustSimplyHibs
28-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Players wages.

Well if a was Herts ad sack the guy that negotiates the wages en, cause ad be very embaressed to be paying £6 million extra in wages to be on an even playing field to our neighbours and the rest of the SPL.

What's their Squad size compared to Hibs?

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2011, 11:42 AM
He's away G.

Just spoke to the academy ketchup and we're chasing O'neil.

Oh great. :rolleyes:

RickyS
28-06-2011, 11:45 AM

not yet!!!..............unfortunately

ronaldo7
28-06-2011, 11:47 AM
not yet!!!..............unfortunately

:wink:

Dr Jimmy
28-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Still no mention of CC in the Birmingham Mail newspaper http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/

This is their equivilent of the Edinburgh Evening News and if there was interest you would think they would know about it :dunno:

Speedway
28-06-2011, 12:01 PM
We need to have a transfer window for managers as well as players.

Aubenas
28-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Yes he has won a league title but in a league that Leith Athletic, Hutchie Vale or Tynie could win.

Strange assessment given Eircom clubs' records in Europe over past few years is better than most SPL clubs.

SRHibs
28-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this has actually been in the pipeline for a while?

I get the feeling that CC has held back from fully committing to the transfer market as he doesn't expect to be here for any longer. For me, Sproule and O'Connor are most probably Petrie signings.

Couple that with the incredible amount of time it's taken him to find a suitable assistant, and well, 2+2 = ?

I expect we'll have a new manager installed within days.

ScottB
28-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this has actually been in the pipeline for a while?

I get the feeling that CC has held back from fully committing to the transfer market as he doesn't expect to be here for any longer. For me, Sproule and O'Connor are most probably Petrie signings.

Couple that with the incredible amount of time it's taken him to find a suitable assistant, and well, 2+2 = ?

I expect we'll have a new manager installed within days.

Why sign O'Hanlon then? A player he said he'd been after for years?

Perhaps he's been thinking about leaving, but these opportunities for him to do so are relatively recent.

Biscuit
28-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I like your reasoning and arithmetic, and suspect this to be correct. I don't however believe that we have lined up a replacement, and i cannot see how posters on here can be so adamant that it will be O'Neill. I expect the Club to follow the same route as the previous 5 x in as many years, by carrying out interviews, if an when CC resigns.

If this happens, i would like an experienced (ex or current) SPL manager, preferably Strachan, but would settle for Butcher, as he appears to be learning and improving, looking at last season with ICT.

Wembley67
28-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I can't believe after 58 pages that people still have an opinion on this that 'apparently' not been voiced.

ginger_rice
28-06-2011, 12:34 PM
We need to have a transfer window for managers as well as players.

If we'd had that last season we most probably would have been relegated.

Speedway
28-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Here's three more opinions. I've had 3 messages this lunchtime that CC is no longer with the club.

Source? : Three people.

Accuracy: : Haven't a clue.

EskbankHibby
28-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I can't believe after 58 pages that people still have an opinion on this that 'apparently' not been voiced.

Agreed, getting bored now, fancy taking the thread wildly off topic so it gets closed?:greengrin

SRHibs
28-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Agreed, getting bored now, fancy taking the thread wildly off topic so it gets closed?:greengrin

Surely opening a thread that's boring you is a bit counterintuitive?

J-C
28-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Here's three more opinions. I've had 3 messages this lunchtime that CC is no longer with the club.

Source? : Three people.

Accuracy: : Haven't a clue.

I've heard the same, new manager by wednesday and possibly Strachan, doesn't need the cash and is back up here since his mum passed away( think it was his mum, apologies if wrong info ), has a house in S Queensferry, wouldn't rule out M O'N also.

Wheat Hound
28-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I've heard the same, new manager by wednesday and possibly Strachan, doesn't need the cash and is back up here since his mum passed away( think it was his mum, apologies if wrong info ), has a house in S Queensferry, wouldn't rule out M O'N also.

Was his father. Would love Strachan but can't help feeling this is just wishful thinking on our part as I think he is too strong minded for Petrie and Lyndsay to deal with. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Petrie's Tache
28-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Get Luggy up from Southend.:agree:

lucky
28-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Strange assessment given Eircom clubs' records in Europe over past few years is better than most SPL clubs.
Don't think this is the case. I don't recall an Irish team ever being in the champions league or even the europa league stages

ScottB
28-06-2011, 01:39 PM

Is that wishful thinking on our part or is there any substance to it?

J-C
28-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Is that wishful thinking on our part or is there any substance to it?

It's the name that keeps coming up whoever you take to.

ScottB
28-06-2011, 01:49 PM
It's the name that keeps coming up whoever you take to.

Hmmm interesting. Would be a good appointment if true!

Andy74
28-06-2011, 01:51 PM

I'd rule out Martin O'Neil!! No chance!

HibsMax
28-06-2011, 01:53 PM

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I just wish he would make a decision and stick by it.

Exactly. Let's not fool ourselves. No matter what he does he will receive grief from some quarters.

As everyone keeps repeating, we just need this settled now. I only hope that the reason for it taking this long is because (1) it's a non-story, or (2) the Board are playing hard-ball with compensation while also getting a new man lined up for the job.

Judas Iscariot
28-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I'd rule out Martin O'Neil!! No chance!

Michael

Andy74
28-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Michael

Of course!

Aubenas
28-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Don't think this is the case. I don't recall an Irish team ever being in the champions league or even the europa league stages

Fair point - I was thinking in terms of victories/ performances. Point I was making is that top 2 or 3 Eircom sides would probably survive in SPL - to suggest it's a pub league is inaccurate and disrespectful -especially given the current state of the SPL!

EskbankHibby
28-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Surely opening a thread that's boring you is a bit counterintuitive?

Wise words my friend :aok:.

Prawn Sandwich
28-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Tue 12th
First ever Champions League game for Shamrock Rovers
Rovers v FC Flora Tallinn* - Tallaght Stadium 8.00pm

lucky
28-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Tue 12th
First ever Champions League game for Shamrock Rovers
Rovers v FC Flora Tallinn* - Tallaght Stadium 8.00pm

Thats yam logic. It's a qualifer. The dafties down the road claim they have played in the champions league but we all know they played in the qualifer

Kaiser1962
28-06-2011, 02:40 PM

Did your source say which Wednesday?

One Day Soon
28-06-2011, 03:11 PM

Did the source say whether it was by Wednesday or from Wednesday? Megson only signed his deal with them in February.

Here's a thought. If CC hasnt gone somewhere else by the beginning of the season does this thread just continue on - theoretically - forever? By definition he's going to to go somewhere else at some point, even if its in three or four years time. If we wait around long enough even Notts Forest fan might be proven to be right - eventually. Assuming of course that he isn't still maintaining his claimed "I woz binned" stance.

Speedway
28-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Did the source say whether it was by Wednesday or from Wednesday? Megson only signed his deal with them in February.

Here's a thought. If CC hasnt gone somewhere else by the beginning of the season does this thread just continue on - theoretically - forever? By definition he's going to to go somewhere else at some point, even if its in three or four years time. If we wait around long enough even Notts Forest fan might be proven to be right - eventually. Assuming of course that he isn't still maintaining his claimed "I woz binned" stance.

Megson - now there's a manager.

ancient hibee
28-06-2011, 03:21 PM
It was his dad that died and he seems well settled near Southampton.

J-C
28-06-2011, 03:28 PM

Thanks for clearing up which parent Ancient, knew it was one of them, I was told he's settled in the Ferry to be near his mum ( obviously got that bit wrong ), the rumour mill eh!

offshorehibby
28-06-2011, 03:28 PM

I'd heard he was living in South Queensferry

Speedway
28-06-2011, 03:29 PM

That's ideal. He can take the HIbs job, fanny about with it for a bit and then some rumours can start about him driving back down to Soton after every match and quit 8 months later to be nearer his family and take up the post as assistant manager to Tony Mowbray at Middlesborough.

J-C
28-06-2011, 03:32 PM

No particular source, just the usual people I speak to all seem to think this wednesday, until CC and Hibs respond we can speculate as much as we like.

ancient hibee
28-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks for clearing up which parent Ancient, knew it was one of them, I was told he's settled in the Ferry to be near his mum ( obviously got that bit wrong ), the rumour mill eh!
He was while waiting for his dad to die.

JimBHibees
28-06-2011, 04:08 PM
That's ideal. He can take the HIbs job, fanny about with it for a bit and then some rumours can start about him driving back down to Soton after every match and quit 8 months later to be nearer his family and take up the post as assistant manager to Tony Mowbray at Middlesborough.

Very good. :greengrin

NeilOrrSquareBa
28-06-2011, 04:27 PM
So let's get this straight....

The club have issued a "hands off" statment
CC has not quit
Business as usual at East Mains

Yet this 59 page threat has in the main reviled and villified the one manager we've had since Mowbray who at least says it as he sees it (without any magic dust being sprinkled anywhere near ER) and had him cosying up with Steve Van Mclaren or sharing a bed with Chris (i've left you before) Hughton based on some dubious journalism and very little else.

Jeeze we are fickle us fans are we not?
:grr:

Beefster
28-06-2011, 04:33 PM
This is the slowest footballing drama in history.

Hearts have had a resident sex offender caught, charged, convicted, backed, criticised by charities, sponsors, lawyers and councils before suspending him in the same space of time. They always do things bigger and better than us. They'll probably back him again before Calderwood leaves too.

HibeeMG
28-06-2011, 04:37 PM
So let's get this straight....

The club have issued a "hands off" statment
CC has not quit
Business as usual at East Mains

Yet this 59 page threat has in the main reviled and villified the one manager we've had since Mowbray who at least says it as he sees it (without any magic dust being sprinkled anywhere near ER) and had him cosying up with Steve Van Mclaren or sharing a bed with Chris (i've left you before) Hughton based on some dubious journalism and very little else.

Jeeze we are fickle us fans are we not?
:grr:

Yep, that's the long and short of it! Typical Hibs and typical Hibs fans.

It's only a 44 page thread though. :wink: