PDA

View Full Version : ***CC - Staying Or Going?***/NFFC Appoint Coach MERGED

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

lapsedhibee
21-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Indeed, let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Agree with this. There's no way we should get ahead of ourselves just yet. We should wait for a bit before getting ahead of ourselves. To do anything else would be, well, calmly rational and therefore completely inappropriate for the hibs.net main forum.

Geo_1875
21-06-2011, 10:28 PM
I've yet to see anything reported from "official" sources. Every newspaper is quoting each other almost word for word and the original report seems to be from the prawn who raised it on here. Hibs have said no contact from Forest and CC is still working with the players. I'll wait and see what happens before I start ripping into the Board.

matty_f
21-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm still very surprised that the Evening News aren't all over this story. Other than a footnote at the bottom of an article (about (IIRC) Graeme Smith) saying Hibs had denied contact had been made, there's been nowt about it.

Now, either that means that Hibs have been fairly categorical in their denial of contact to the point where the EEN have decided that's enough for them, or there's no story, or the paper are in for an embarrassment as every other news source going reports it before them.

gramskiwood
21-06-2011, 10:48 PM
I was totally convinced that this was all rubbish - someone having a very successful laugh at our expense.

I HOPE that that's true, but it's beginning to look as if I was badly wrong.

If CC goes, there have to be questions raised about our board's ways of appointing managers, and about the way they expect the manager to work with them.

It appears that for whatever reason Hibs simply cannot hold onto their managers; to appoint Calderwood and Adams, and lose them BOTH within a year suggests that there's something very badly wrong in the way the club is run, and THAT comes back to Rod Petrie and nobody else, as far as I can see...

If Petrie's taking a lead role in the recruitment of players, then he's doing something very similar to what Romanov was doing at Tynie. We all thought that was hilarious - ain't so funny now it's happening in our own club.

Someone at the top of the club needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Hibs are becoming a very bad joke.

I don't think he'll leave us but if he does it will be because the club has not been straight with him. If he does go I think we need to know what has been told to managers when appointed because they all seem to leave disappointed as if they've been told one thing and then further down the line let down

oldbutdim
21-06-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't think he'll leave us but if he does it will be because the club has not been straight with him. If he does go I think we need to know what has been told to managers when appointed because they all seem to leave disappointed as if they've been told one thing and then further down the line let down

What was it then?

I sense a scoop!!

nonshinyfinish
21-06-2011, 11:01 PM

Or maybe it's because of family reasons. Or maybe it's because he prefers Nottingham to Edinburgh. Or maybe it's because of wages. Or maybe it's because Rod wedgied him one too many times.

Tell me, just how do you know that if CC leaves it's 'because the club has not been straight with him'?

gramskiwood
21-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Or maybe it's because of family reasons. Or maybe it's because he prefers Nottingham to Edinburgh. Or maybe it's because of wages. Or maybe it's because Rod wedgied him one too many times.

Tell me, just how do you know that if CC leaves it's 'because the club has not been straight with him'?

OK, I don't know, but I get the sense that maybe there's a pattern emerging here. The last few managers at the club have left me with that impression. I'm not trying to attack the club but you've got to admit that something doesn't seem right at ER. i don't have any special knowledge on this it's just an observation mate.
on

hfc rd
21-06-2011, 11:46 PM
At first I took this rumour as a pinch of salt and thought that it was a load of pish. I was saying to myself "why on earth would CC want to go back as a no.2 again at one of his former club where some of the Forest fans didn't like him and were glad when he was shown the door and when he left Newcastle and he said during his press conference after being appointed Hibs manager is that he wanted to be a manager again in his own right?" Also the rebuilding process started and he got rid of 12-13 players including the duds like Smith, Dickoh, Rankin, Nish etc. He went out and brought back two fans favourites in Ivan Sproule and a coup in Garry O'Connor. The O'Connor one really suprised a lot of us when we didn't expect him to sign for us. He also signed a CB in Sean O'Hanlon who was well respected by his former club MK Dons and was a real hit with their fans who were really upset when this guy left because he was their best defender. Also CC said that he was still on the lookout for a few more strikers because the options up front are very limited and that we currently have more GK's than strikers at the club.

But in the last few days this rumour has been getting bigger and bigger and there seems to be a lot of truth in this matter that CC could be heading back to his former club again as an assistant manager. There have been newspapaer articles saying that he could return to Forest and now the BBC have posted it up on there website. Yes Hibs have come out and said that there has been no contact from Forest regarding CC but that means nothing. Forest could come out today and ask Hibs if they can speak to CC or CC could ask Hibs that he wants to talk to Forest. Anything can still happen as there isn't a transfer window or deadline day during the season for clubs to sign a manager or an assistant from another club. They can approach or hire a manager or assistant at anytime of the season whenever they want. This rumour can only be put to bed if and when that man CC comes out and says that he has no interest in returning to Forest to be a no.2 and that he rules himself out of the running.

If this rumour was to come true and CC did go back to Forest to become a no.2 then as we all know it will leave us in such a huge massive mess for the upcoming season which is set to start in 4-5 weeks time and our first friendly not that far off as well. We haven't finished rebuilding the squad, we will have to go out and find a new manager(we all know how long the board take when appointing a new manager etc) and the manager will have to go out and find himself an assistant, new tactics and formations will possibly be employed and sometimes players learning new roles that the manager wants you to play can take a wee while for a player to learn and master and also the team to gel together in a new tactic/formation. It won't exactly be the ideal preparation and once again like I said the team will be a complete mess if we lose our manager at such a very early stage of the season and our first fixture against smeltic not that far off as well. I don't really care what people may think about CC wheteher you like him or not, it would just be disastrous to not only us fans but more importantly the team at a very early stage having just begun pre-season this past Monday to find out that your manager has left just three days into pre-season.

I just only hope that the board have a manager lined up just in case we do lose CC. Wouldn't mind Terry Butcher from Inverness?

Iain G
22-06-2011, 03:00 AM
OK, I don't know, but I get the sense that maybe there's a pattern emerging here. The last few managers at the club have left me with that impression. I'm not trying to attack the club but you've got to admit that something doesn't seem right at ER. i don't have any special knowledge on this it's just an observation mate.
on

Mowbray left as he was offered a bigger job.
Collins left for his own reasons, perhaps they were to do with not being backed to sign his (generally unrealistic on Hibs budget) targets that he churned out at a later date.
Mixu left cos he wasn't good enough and most on here were more than happy with that at the time!
Hughes left cos he was rubbish and we asked him to go. :wink:
CC is still here last time I looked :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2011, 03:37 AM
Can't believe that we're getting in such a state over the possible loss of Calderwood. His record is hardly inspiring, and the football has had us playing isn't exciting.

Let's get somebody with Hibs class, like JC, Mixu or Yogi back at the helm.

scoopyboy
22-06-2011, 05:50 AM
At first I took this rumour as a pinch of salt and thought that it was a load of pish. I was saying to myself "why on earth would CC want to go back as a no.2 again at one of his former club where some of the Forest fans didn't like him and were glad when he was shown the door and when he left Newcastle and he said during his press conference after being appointed Hibs manager is that he wanted to be a manager again in his own right?" Also the rebuilding process started and he got rid of 12-13 players including the duds like Smith, Dickoh, Rankin, Nish etc. He went out and brought back two fans favourites in Ivan Sproule and a coup in Garry O'Connor. The O'Connor one really suprised a lot of us when we didn't expect him to sign for us. He also signed a CB in Sean O'Hanlon who was well respected by his former club MK Dons and was a real hit with their fans who were really upset when this guy left because he was their best defender. Also CC said that he was still on the lookout for a few more strikers because the options up front are very limited and that we currently have more GK's than strikers at the club.

But in the last few days this rumour has been getting bigger and bigger and there seems to be a lot of truth in this matter that CC could be heading back to his former club again as an assistant manager. There have been newspapaer articles saying that he could return to Forest and now the BBC have posted it up on there website. Yes Hibs have come out and said that there has been no contact from Forest regarding CC but that means nothing. Forest could come out today and ask Hibs if they can speak to CC or CC could ask Hibs that he wants to talk to Forest. Anything can still happen as there isn't a transfer window or deadline day during the season for clubs to sign a manager or an assistant from another club. They can approach or hire a manager or assistant at anytime of the season whenever they want. This rumour can only be put to bed if and when that man CC comes out and says that he has no interest in returning to Forest to be a no.2 and that he rules himself out of the running.

If this rumour was to come true and CC did go back to Forest to become a no.2 then as we all know it will leave us in such a huge massive mess for the upcoming season which is set to start in 4-5 weeks time and our first friendly not that far off as well. We haven't finished rebuilding the squad, we will have to go out and find a new manager(we all know how long the board take when appointing a new manager etc) and the manager will have to go out and find himself an assistant, new tactics and formations will possibly be employed and sometimes players learning new roles that the manager wants you to play can take a wee while for a player to learn and master and also the team to gel together in a new tactic/formation. It won't exactly be the ideal preparation and once again like I said the team will be a complete mess if we lose our manager at such a very early stage of the season and our first fixture against smeltic not that far off as well. I don't really care what people may think about CC wheteher you like him or not, it would just be disastrous to not only us fans but more importantly the team at a very early stage having just begun pre-season this past Monday to find out that your manager has left just three days into pre-season.

I just only hope that the board have a manager lined up just in case we do lose CC. Wouldn't mind Terry Butcher from Inverness?

Surely it would be put to bed if Forest appointed someone in the role.

If CC or Hibs were made to comment on every rumour that appeared on the internet or in papers they would have no time left to do the jobs they're meant to do.

The Falcon
22-06-2011, 06:02 AM
Surely it would be put to bed if Forest appointed someone in the role.

If CC or Hibs were made to comment on every rumour that appeared on the internet or in papers they would have no time left to do the jobs they're meant to do.

I have to agree with the guy who mentioned the escape clause. I would presume, given the length of time this is taking, that no such clause exists.

Either that or its a load of gash.

As for next season if Hibs do well and finish 4th or 3rd then there will be clubs, bigger and better clubs, sniffing about our manager and making him offers we can only dream of.
Alternatively if we are languishing in the bottom half this board will be going mental screaming for his head and he will either leave or be sacked.

Either scenario means Rod will be blamed and folk will be wanting the board replaced.

EasterRoad4Ever
22-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Problem I have with all of this is, if the Manager doesn't appear to be 100% committed to the club, then how on earth can he ask his players to be ? All this talk about will he won't he move to Forest is DESTABILISING at a time when the team, squad, club is in dire need of stability following the biggest turnover in players we've probably ever had. Frankly it is a mess.

IMHO if CC is thinking of walking, or talking to Forest then he needs to do it quickly and be encouraged away from Hibs. We really don;t need guys like that around the club - esp as manager. I've not been impressed with CC at all, so will shed no tears if he goes. I just want people at the club that are committed to Hibs. God, we've just had an horrendous season where half the guys were stealing wages. We need to move on.

Fimally, the Board have the responsibility for all the managerial appointments at Hibs and need to take a look at their performance (again). I really hope they are on the look out for the next man, and that they're not just sitting on their hands with their fingers crossed hoping CC decided to stay. Jess, is it any wonder ST sales have collapsed.

YehButNoBut
22-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Just noticed this, maybe he will end up elsewhere. :confused:

http://www.football.co.uk/birmingham_city/hughton_set_to_be_birmingham_boss_rss1695284.shtml

Maybe Forrest just a smokescreen.

No one else think that Houghton might try and lure him to Birmingham to work with him.

Would still be nearer home.

Quite frankly I will be glad if he goes as I have never been impressed with him, Billy Davies or Terry Butcher for me. :thumbsup:

Springbank
22-06-2011, 07:27 AM
No one else think that Houghton might try and lure him to Birmingham to work with him.

Would still be nearer home.

Quite frankly I will be glad if he goes as I have never been impressed with him, Billy Davies or Terry Butcher for me. :thumbsup:

Davies or Strachan.

Third place and Hampden trips guaranteed (as a minimum) from appointing either.

GloryGlory
22-06-2011, 07:31 AM
I have to agree with the guy who mentioned the escape clause. I would presume, given the length of time this is taking, that no such clause exists.

As for next season if Hibs do well and finish 4th or 3rd then there will be clubs, bigger and better clubs, sniffing about our manager and making him offers we can only dream of.
Alternatively if we are languishing in the bottom half this board will be going mental screaming for his head and he will either leave or be sacked.

Either scenario means Rod will be blamed and folk will be wanting the board replaced.

Or Forest, if indeed they have spoken to Hibs, are only prepared to pay a much lower sum and Petrie has got his poker face on.

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 07:36 AM

Caldo was brought into rebuild the team - so far two ex players one on a one-year contract and a CH on a 2 year deal, added to some very average midfielders - ie Palsson who got worse as the season went on. Not much of a re-building exercise is it? Now all signing rumours have evaporated.

I was looking forward to seeing what the manager could do for himself this season, suggesting that at the first hint of success or failure he'd be away anyway would also suggest that our recruitment process for managers and players is very wrong; how do other teams manage to hang on to their bosses.

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Or Forest, if indeed they have spoken to Hibs, are only prepared to pay a much lower sum and Petrie has got his poker face on.

The arch-negotiator will squeeze them dry and then begin the hunt for yet another manager:rolleyes:

basehibby
22-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Can't believe that we're getting in such a state over the possible loss of Calderwood. His record is hardly inspiring, and the football has had us playing isn't exciting.

Let's get somebody with Hibs class, like JC, Mixu or Yogi back at the helm.

Only that 5 game winning streak stood between CC and disaster last season - but it WAS a good run and served to suggest that, when the chips are down, Calderwood may just have what it takes.

Whether a "better" manager would be brought in if CC was to move on is pure speculation though - the big problem would be the massive disruption it would cause and the enormous harm yet another managerial change would cause to the club's image and for the coming season in genearl - what if a new incumbent didn't rate Calderwood's signings for example?!?

Last thing we need IMO - Calderwood needs to come out and rubbish these rumours ASAP or, if he wants to go, then hurry up and bugger off and let us get someone in with genuine ambition who will not jump ship at the first sign of a fat cheque - even when it means demotion to a lesser job.

Captain Trips
22-06-2011, 07:49 AM
This has nothing to do for me about how good or bad CC is/was/going to be, I am no fan of CC and wait to be convinced what my problem is if true is the principle of losing another manager.

This could be 2 of our last 4 managers will have resigned not a good statistic considering managers usualyy get punted. If CC goes then so should board, they have not sold HIbs well enough, Hibs may not be biggest club in world but they should not be losing managers at this rate and for somebody to be a No2.

So what of all the signing on fees paid out and new contracts potentially wasted if another manager comes in. I do not see why the team should move from one shambles to another without repercution at the top.

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Only that 5 game winning streak stood between CC and disaster last season - but it WAS a good run and served to suggest that, when the chips are down, Calderwood may just have what it takes.

Whether a "better" manager would be brought in if CC was to move on is pure speculation though - the big problem would be the massive disruption it would cause and the enormous harm yet another managerial change would cause to the club's image and for the coming season in genearl - what if a new incumbent didn't rate Calderwood's signings for example?!?

Last thing we need IMO - Calderwood needs to come out and rubbish these rumours ASAP or, if he wants to go, then hurry up and bugger off and let us get someone in with genuine ambition who will not jump ship at the first sign of a fat cheque - even when it means demotion to a lesser job.

Fact is there aren't even that many "Calderwood signings" - we've certainly avoided the random purchases of the Collins, Mixu and Yogi eras anyway. IF a new man comes in soon, before the end of this month, say,
then they've got two months of a transfer window being open...

Captain Trips
22-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Fact is there aren't even that many "Calderwood signings" - we've certainly avoided the random purchases of the Collins, Mixu and Yogi eras anyway. IF a new man comes in soon, before the end of this month, say,
then they've got two months of a transfer window being open...

Yes but we are told not a lot of money in game and we have 2 or 3 on board already, every penny is required at ER for managers. If Hibs are in a position of having to change manager then the football side is a shambles.

TamHibs
22-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Looks like Forest have made an official approach

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13868233.stm

--------
22-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Caldo was brought into rebuild the team - so far two ex players one on a one-year contract and a CH on a 2 year deal, added to some very average midfielders - ie Palsson who got worse as the season went on. Not much of a re-building exercise is it? Now all signing rumours have evaporated.

I was looking forward to seeing what the manager could do for himself this season, suggesting that at the first hint of success or failure he'd be away anyway would also suggest that our recruitment process for managers and players is very wrong; how do other teams manage to hang on to their bosses.

THAT's the point. What other club in the SPL has had such a chaotic, unsettled, unstable and time over the last decade as we have?

We've been going round and round in ever-decreasing circles - and I guess I know how THAT process ends up. Hibs disappear right up their own corporate back passage.

Ask the ooyah bird. :devil:

How many managers have we had in the last 10 years?

How many of them successful in any terms?

And who's been in the Big Chair all that time?

RP has been great for us in terms of financial stability and the rebuild of the stadium etc.

But there HAS to be a huge question-mark about his ability to appoint effective team managers. And to work effectively with them once they're appointed.

As of now, since Mowbray left, he's EITHER appointed four stiffs, one after the other, which I don't actually believe, OR he's appointed an average mix of good and bad. Whatever, none of them have lasted more than 18 months - I suppose I have to say 'so far' in the case of CC, but right now I'm not holding my breath.

Note I don't count Derek Adams in there; HIS appointment still seems somewhat puzzling - why was he appointed, did CC know or approve, why did DA take the first chance to get back to Dingwall, is he now regretting the lost chance to be big boss at ER, or is he breathing a deep sigh of relief and thinking he's well out of a mess?

Add to all that the shambolic way in which the club "communicates" with the supporters - aren't we the "lifeblood" of any football club? Maybe we should start calling ourselves "customers" - maybe Tom Farmer and the board would understand that and find it easier to address our legitimate concerns. "The Hibernian Regular Customers Website", hm?

I don't know what the problem is; all I can say is that if I were approached to work with a congregation who had had as many ministers in the last 10 years as Hibs have had managers, there's not a snowball's chance in a very hot place indeed that I'd consider the offer favourably, even for a nanosecond. I'd run a mile, and then some.

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 08:32 AM
If Calderwood goes i really fear we could be relegated. We all know any new man will need to bring his own players in, as its actually impossible to manage any other managers players.:rolleyes:

Peevemor
22-06-2011, 08:33 AM

If the report is accurate, then it looks like he's offski.

Captain Trips
22-06-2011, 08:39 AM
THAT's the point.

How many managers have we had in the last 10 years?

How many of them successful in any terms?

And who's been in the Big Chair all that time?

RP has been great for us in terms of financial stability and the rebuild of the stadium etc.

But there HAS to be a huge question-mark about his ability to appoint effective team managers. And to work effectively with them once they're appointed.

As of now, since Mowbray left, he's EITHER appointed four stiffs, one after the other, or he's appointed an average mix of good and bad, but the good ones have found working with HIM uncongenial to say the least.

Indeed, maybe he wants to be a No2 or maybe he would rather be a No2 than work here. Hibs should be better than losing managers to be No2 at a Championship club.

smurf
22-06-2011, 08:47 AM
How long has it normally taken RP to appoint a manager? Around 4-6 weeks?

down the slope
22-06-2011, 08:50 AM

As long as possible to save some money-erse.

--------
22-06-2011, 08:52 AM
If Calderwood goes i really fear we could be relegated. We all know any new man will need to bring his own players in, as its actually impossible to manage any other managers players.:rolleyes:

As you may gather, BH, I'm less concerned about the next guy's relationship with the players than about how on earth he's going to cope with certain other elements of the club.

Maybe they should advertise the post as "Executive Assistant to the Chairman with Special Responsibility for Team Performance".

:rolleyes:

offshorehibby
22-06-2011, 08:53 AM
I've been trying to keep away from this debate as i think it's nonsense. Whether you like or dislike CC i think we need to keep hold of him for a couple of seasons Hibernian FC needs stability in the management team. To lose a manager in pre-season could be disastrous.

matty_f
22-06-2011, 08:54 AM
As long as possible to save some money-erse.

And absolutely nothing to do with trying to go through a thorough process to try and get the best possible manager?

That Abramovich fair dragged his heels replacing Ancelloti. What a tight git!

hibsbollah

Slotting de graff into the player-manager role would save money and allow the minimum of disruption to the team's preparations.

Steve20

Yeah about that.

A new manager is going to want to look at the squad before deciding what positions he thinks need improving. So if Calderwood does go, then we may well be heading into the first couple of games with the players we have at the moment.

Diclonius
22-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Our manager - who initially joined from an assistant's position at a Premier League team to be his own man - now considers the assistant's position at a Championship club who sacked him as manager to be more attractive?

If this is true there is something seriously ****ing wrong at this football club.

offshorehibby
22-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Also if CC was to leave i honestly think it would not do his reputation any good. A future employer would look at him and say if he could leave Hibs in less than a year the he could do the same thing to us.

--------
22-06-2011, 08:59 AM
And absolutely nothing to do with trying to go through a thorough process to try and get the best possible manager?

True - but some might ask whether there's a wee problem at Chelsea regarding the relationship between chairman/owner and team manager.

The question being who ultimately pulls the strings regarding player acquisition and team selection and tactics....

I'm beginning to think we have a serious case of Vladimir Syndrome at ER. The problem being that whenever a doctor takes specimens for identification, he puts them in Petri dishes - and nothing shows....

Captain Trips
22-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Also if CC was to leave i honestly think it would not do his reputation any good. A future employer would look at him and say if he could leave Hibs in less than a year the he could do the same thing to us.

And a future manager will wonder why didlast manager leave a fairly large and stable club to be a No2, what goes on there.

BigKev
22-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Our manager - who initially joined from an assistant's position at a Premier League team to be his own man - now considers the assistant's position at a Championship club who sacked him as manager to be more attractive?

If this is true there is something seriously ****ing wrong at this football club.

Has CC not been offered a job overseeing all youth development, infrastructure and complete control over that side of things as well as being the Brolly's no.2?

It could be that he realises he's maybe not as good a manager as he believed he could be within the financial constraints of the SPL.

If he takes it I would doubt anyone would ever offer him a top job again - there lies the big question for me.

truehibernian
22-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Slotting de graff into the player-manager role would save money and allow the minimum of disruption to the team's preparations.

Not coffee this time bollah but early morning banana.......spat out over PC screen again......you owe me some wet wipes.

That fair made me chuckle that one made......priceless :greengrin Don't think that will be beat today.......you are hereby reappointed 'poster of the day'

Beefster
22-06-2011, 09:13 AM

Obviously, they are trying to get the best candidate. Whether their recruitment process has worked at all in the last 6 years is open to debate.

My concern is what is going on behind the scenes. Collins, Mixu and Hughes all had complaints about the way the club worked. If Calderwood decides that, after leaving an assistant's job in the Premiership for the Hibs job, that an assistant's job in the Championship is now more attractive than the Hibs job then the club are going to have to review the way that they do things. They may also have to consider the fact that the Rodders/Lindsay way of working isn't necessarily optimal for allowing a Hibs manager to be successful, regardless of the good intentions behind that way of working.

matty_f
22-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Obviously, they are trying to get the best candidate. Whether their recruitment process has worked at all in the last 6 years is open to debate.

My concern is what is going on behind the scenes. Collins, Mixu and Hughes all had complaints about the way the club worked. If Calderwood decides that, after leaving an assistant's job in the Premiership for the Hibs job, that an assistant's job in the Championship is now more attractive than the Hibs job then the club are going to have to review the way that they do things. They may also have to consider the fact that the Rodders/Lindsay way of working isn't necessarily optimal for allowing a Hibs manager to be successful, regardless of the good intentions behind that way of working.

I agree, a review of how the operation is running should be conducted, and questions need to be asked about why we either can't hire managers who can bring sustained success (relatively speaking), or stick around. The managerial turnover at the club is a disgrace. We suffer from a lack of stability and those that run the club need to consider their role in it.

Captain Trips
22-06-2011, 09:20 AM
It is happening folks, CC was seen at East Mains today saying his goodbyes before leaving, a picture (below) was taken of his exit. SM is excited about what he is bringing to Forest.

Pic (http://areyouhappyatwork.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/how-to-quit-your-job-find-the-courage-to-jump-before-you-are-pushed/)

TamHibs
22-06-2011, 09:21 AM
It is happening folks, CC was seen at East Mains today saying his goodbyes before leaving, a picture (below) was taken of his exit.

Pic (http://areyouhappyatwork.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/how-to-quit-your-job-find-the-courage-to-jump-before-you-are-pushed/)

:faf:

stu in nottingham
22-06-2011, 09:23 AM
The arch-negotiator will squeeze them dry and then begin the hunt for yet another manager:rolleyes:

Don't believe it Crops. Forest have an extremely capable, wealthy and shrewd man in charge in Nigel Doughty. I doubt he'd be buckling at the knees (unfortunately) at the thought of negotiating with old Baron Hardup.

Nigel Doughty:
'a Labour supporter who donated £750,000 to the party over two years and recently pulled no punches in a legal dispute with a former Doughty Hanson partner, who claimed his stake in the firm was worth £100 million.

He sued. Doughty Hanson counter-sued on the basis that the stake was worth £9.3 million. They won.'

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Davies or Strachan.

Third place and Hampden trips guaranteed (as a minimum) from appointing either.

Really?

Care to elaborate?

khib70
22-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Haven't had time to plough through the whole thread, but I hope someone's had the good grace to apologise to the Forest fan who kicked it all off for the ridiculous abuse he/she had to put up with. A particularly nasty example of .net at its worst IMO.

This may or may not be happening, but the guy was only trying to give fellow football fans a heads up, and being set upon by a baying pack of keyboard musclemen was way out of order.

Sorry mate - I'm embarrassed, as a lot of others should be.

basehibby
22-06-2011, 09:41 AM

If this turns out to be true then Forest better be prepared to pay through the nose - the disruption this will cause to our season demands that there should be ZERO room for downwards negotiation in terms of compensation. A new manager will need to be appointed in double quick time - which will no doubt lead to significant extra expense if the right man for the job is to be tempted to sign on the dotted line at short notice.

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Haven't had time to plough through the whole thread, but I hope someone's had the good grace to apologise to the Forest fan who kicked it all off for the ridiculous abuse he/she had to put up with. A particularly nasty example of .net at its worst IMO.

This may or may not be happening, but the guy was only trying to give fellow football fans a heads up, and being set upon by a baying pack of keyboard musclemen was way out of order.

You want to get out a bit more, embarrassed my erse. I dont think footballs the right game for you if you are embarrased that easily?:rolleyes:

khib70
22-06-2011, 09:47 AM
You want to get out a bit more, embarrassed my erse. I dont think footballs the right game for you if you are embarrased that easily?:rolleyes:
Oh come on BH, like yourself I can take it and give it out with the best of them, and a bit of banter is no drama. But the lynch mob that descended on this guy was way over the top.

Cheer up though, you might get your pal Yogi back :paranoid::eek:

hibsbollah
22-06-2011, 09:51 AM

If you read the thread again he does get a bit of unwarranted abuse. Its a sad cynical old world (sigh).

Winston Ingram
22-06-2011, 09:55 AM
I've just got a call saying he's resigned:confused:

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Oh come on BH, like yourself I can take it and give it out with the best of them, and a bit of banter is no drama. But the lynch mob that descended on this guy was way over the top.

Cheer up though, you might get your pal Yogi back :paranoid::eek:

If you read the thread again he does get a bit of unwarranted abuse. Its a sad cynical old world (sigh).

Who's the ******* in the black, if you hate the ****in jamtarts clap yer hands. Paul hartley is gay. Die die die die ya hun, the list goes on. Yet we are suddenly mortified someone calls a bloke a liar on an internet site. :faf::faf::faf:

hibsbollah
22-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Who's the ******* in the black, if you hate the ****in jamtarts clap yer hands. Paul hartley is gay. Die die die die ya hun, the list goes on. Yet we are suddenly mortified someone calls a bloke a liar on an internet site. :faf::faf::faf:

You forgot BEASTBEASTBEAST :-)

Judas Iscariot
22-06-2011, 10:00 AM

Who fi?

Fishman?

khib70
22-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Probably come up on the official site sometime in August:brickwall

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 10:03 AM
You forgot BEASTBEASTBEAST :-)

:greengrin Aye but its not as bad as questioning someone on an internet site. I'm mortified.

basehibby
22-06-2011, 10:04 AM

:agree: If this rumour turns out to be true then there are some serious questions to be answered.

CC came from a big EPL club in Newcastle, citing his ambitions to prove himself as his own man as the explanation for probably taking a bit of a pay cut and certainly moving to a less giddying environment in the SPL.

If he ends up moving to Forest to be number 2 then one thing we can be fairly certain of is that it won't have been the pay cheque which was the attraction - neither will it be career advancement, which leads you to believe that everything in the garden is NOT rosy at ER.

If CC was happy in his job at hibs then I would have expected him to turn down the Forest assistant job flat - if he's not happy then we deserve to know why!

Winston Ingram
22-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Who fi?

Fishman?

My brother in law. He was pretty confident it was true but it could be p!sh

khib70
22-06-2011, 10:09 AM
:agree: If this rumour turns out to be true then there are some serious questions to be answered.

CC came from a big EPL club in Newcastle, citing his ambitions to prove himself as his own man as the explanation for probably taking a bit of a pay cut and certainly moving to a less giddying environment in the SPL.

If he ends up moving to Forest to be number 2 then one thing we can be fairly certain of is that it won't have been the pay cheque which was the attraction - neither will it be career advancement, which leads you to believe that everything in the garden is NOT rosy at ER.

If CC was happy in his job at hibs then I would have expected him to turn down the Forest assistant job flat - if he's not happy then we deserve to know why!
:agree:Spot on. Something's wrong at the top level if this happens.

jdships
22-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Thought :wink:

If CC doesn't go to "Forest" and Chris Hughton get's the Birmingham job will he "come in" for CC ?
:greengrin

Thecat23
22-06-2011, 10:10 AM

If true then the board should GTF. We have torn the yams to bits over the Vlad thing and i honestly think Petrie is having a huge say in the signings. No way are Sproule and CO Calderwoods deals. I think they were Petries. Something isnt right and it's about time there was a huge change upstairs.

flash
22-06-2011, 10:13 AM
how come punters hang around east mains when there is nowt going on yet when we need someone down there they go awol? shoddy.

GreenPJ
22-06-2011, 10:18 AM
If this turns out to be true then Forest better be prepared to pay through the nose - the disruption this will cause to our season demands that there should be ZERO room for downwards negotiation in terms of compensation. A new manager will need to be appointed in double quick time - which will no doubt lead to significant extra expense if the right man for the job is to be tempted to sign on the dotted line at short notice.

Am guessing it will depend on whether there was a release clause and if so the compensation is likely to be stipulated already.

khib70
22-06-2011, 10:19 AM
how come punters hang around east mains when there is nowt going on yet when we need someone down there they go awol? shoddy.
Be fair, Hibsbollah's been down there for a fortnight with only high powered binoculars, an out-of-date Pot Noodle and a month-old copy of the Guardian for company.

Shrekko
22-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Nottingham Post saying it 'could' be resolved in he next 24 hours for whatever that's worth.

Hibbyradge
22-06-2011, 10:21 AM
If true then the board should GTF. We have torn the yams to bits over the Vlad thing and i honestly think Petrie is having a huge say in the signings. No way are Sproule and CO Calderwoods deals. I think they were Petries. Something isnt right and it's about time there was a huge change upstairs.

No way? Are you sure?

Calderwood said he'd been interested in GO for a while.

The rumours about Ivan have been rife since CC arrived.

flash
22-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Be fair, Hibsbollah's been down there for a fortnight with only high powered binoculars, an out-of-date Pot Noodle and a month-old copy of the Guardian for company.

Well get him to point them at training and tell us who is taking it!

Thecat23
22-06-2011, 10:32 AM
No way? Are you sure?

Calderwood said he'd been interested in GO for a while.

The rumours about Ivan have been rife since CC arrived.

Rife because it was fans mate that were on about them. Petrie knew this, i honestly do not think either were his signings. I may be well off the mark, but with all the players he knows from down south why bring these two? I'm not saying they are bad signings or anything, although i'm not sure about Sproule if i'm honest. i just think Petrie may have had a huge say in it. O'Connor i think is a very good signing and we all know how well he gets on with Petrie.

sundo1875
22-06-2011, 10:34 AM
This doesent make sense why would calderwood go back to a club he has already left and become a number 2 when he is a number 1 at hibs and has a big season ahead of him to establish himself as a good manager

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Rife because it was fans mate that were on about them. Petrie knew this, i honestly do not think either were his signings. I may be well off the mark, but with all the players he knows from down south why bring these two? I'm not saying they are bad signings or anything, although i'm not sure about Sproule if i'm honest. i just think Petrie may have had a huge say in it. O'Connor i think is a very good signing and we all know how well he gets on with Petrie.

I think Sproule and O'Conner both contacted hibs. And Calderwood would have weighed up whether they were good enough. I dont think for one minute Petrie signed them and told Calderwood to fit them in the team.

ionahibby
22-06-2011, 10:36 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110622/colin-calderwood_2262950_2380268

Club statement saying no approach has been made!

Ringothedog
22-06-2011, 10:36 AM
He has been given permission to speak with forest

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 10:37 AM

Club statement saying no approach has been made!

Who do i believe????????????????

MountcastleHibs
22-06-2011, 10:38 AM

Contradicting exactly what the club have just said.

MacBean
22-06-2011, 10:41 AM
I received a text saying he had resigned but the club statement pretty much puts this issue to bed. They say they would not welcome any approach.

Then again, this is Hibs and i wouldnt be surprised to find that I wake up tomorrow to find CC is darn Sarf again

Hibbyradge
22-06-2011, 10:41 AM

Where did you get the from, Bri?

Hibs are saying there has been no approach.

Ringothedog
22-06-2011, 10:44 AM
The information I have received is coming from a former players son, I am not too sure who to believe him or the club, but why would the club lie ? Why would he lie ? I think I will just toss a coin, if its heads I believe the club, That's the coin tossed and the bloody thing landed on its edge !!!!

Gatecrasher
22-06-2011, 10:45 AM
"No Approach would be welcomed"

seems like hibs are saying they wont be letting him go :agree:

grunt

Club statement saying no approach has been made!"And such an approach would not be welcomed". Hopefully (I know) this will end this daft speculation. Quite a coup for the OP, to have started this wild goose chase.

scott7_0(Prague)
I received a text saying he had resigned but the club statement pretty much puts this issue to bed. They say they would not welcome any approach.

Then again, this is Hibs and i wouldnt be surprised to find that I wake up tomorrow to find CC is darn Sarf again

Money talks, and you know how Rod works, no resignation will be accepted when he is under contract and a fee can be paid.

Beefster
22-06-2011, 10:47 AM

If the club are saying, today, that there has been no approach and any would not be welcome, you can take that as the truth. Whilst I'm not always the Board's greatest fan, they are not liars.

That's not to say that things won't change, mind you.

Edit: Just noticed that the club are saying that no 'official' approach has been made. Safe to assume that Forest have been sniffing about then?

green&left
22-06-2011, 10:49 AM

Unless they pay relevant compo.

MrSmith

Heard that before eh!

See you Colin, thanks for keeping us up and good luck!

Craig_in_Prague
25 pages of pish.

made up story that has now made several rags, and the BBC etc.

Well done Forest fan :applause:

bawheid
22-06-2011, 10:51 AM
If the club are saying, today, that there has been no approach and any would not be welcome, you can take that as the truth. Whilst I'm not always the Board's greatest fan, they are not liars.

No official approach. It's possible they know contact has taken place between Forest employees and Calderwood.

Pre-negotiation posturing. :wink:

Hibbyradge
22-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Money talks, and you know how Rod works, no resignation will be accepted when he is under contract and a fee can be paid.

Are there chairmen to whom that statement doesn't apply?

Name a few, Scott.

Hibs90
22-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Forestfan with an epic wind-up here. Good to see the club have released that mini-statement though. It had to be done.

Elephant Stone
22-06-2011, 10:53 AM
No official approach. It's possible they know contact has taken place between Forest employees and Calderwood.

That's what I was thinking. They didn't say they've not been approached.

Beefster
22-06-2011, 10:55 AM

Aye, I subsequently noticed the 'official'. I think you're right.

Hibbyradge
22-06-2011, 10:57 AM
This is crazy.

The board say no approach has been made and none would be welcome.

Hibs fans react by saying, "Ah ha, Petrie's looking for compensation".

If I was looking for compensation, I would have said, "CC's under contract. If anyone wants him they're going to have to pay lots of compensation."

Assuming they don't want to lose CC and no approach has actually been made, what should the board have said to make you believe them? :crazy:

Iain G
22-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Thought it had been way too positive on here this last week, good to see the miserable negative sods have crept out the woodwork again to vent their pained spleens in the general direction of everything Hibernian again...sigh :confused:

silverhibee
22-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Thought :wink:

If CC doesn't go to "Forest" and Chris Hughton get's the Birmingham job will he "come in" for CC ?

Well if he can do the dirty on Hibs, i am sure he will have no second thoughts about doing the dirty on McClaren to join Hughton at Birmingham if he gets the job. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I suppose the club should have released a statement saying, there's been no official approach, but there was a dodgy meeting down south between forest and Calderwood. We had no idea that was happening. We have had a word with Colin, and he assures us it was to speak about a transfer target. PS no approach official or outherwise is welcome.

Captain Trips
22-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Wether or not the clubs are interested in message boards etc, this story wether true or not is out there and if 100% not true it will not help either club. If it is true the same applies and both clubs will need to end it either way with in next 24hrs IMO. Hibs have acted by releasing a statement.

Unfortunatley it doesnt matter what clubs say as it will be viewed differentlty by different people, I think if he hasnt gone by this time tomorrow I think he is staying.

silverhibee
22-06-2011, 11:03 AM

Are the squad not down in Peebles for five days. :aok:

truehibernian
22-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I suppose the club should have released a statement saying, there's been no official approach, but there was a dodgy meeting down south between forest and Calderwood. We had no idea that was happening. We have had a word with Colin, and he assures us it was to speak about a transfer target. PS no approach official or outherwise is welcome.

I think the Hibs board were considering what punishment they could dish out to Calderwood for wearing that hideous maroon/pinky/purpley jumper rather than worry about retaining him.....that jumper alone deserved an emergency board meeting being hastily called. :greengrin Oi Colin......Hibs have standards and that includes jumpers !!

Beefster
22-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Thought it had been way too positive on here this last week, good to see the miserable negative sods have crept out the woodwork again to vent their pained spleens in the general direction of everything Hibernian again...sigh :confused:

You never seem to be particularly positive about folk with genuine concerns on here. Sigh.

silverhibee
22-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Edit: Just noticed that the club are saying that no 'official' approach has been made. Safe to assume that Forest have been sniffing about then?

Which sort of means that there has been contact it has just not been done officaily yet.

flash
22-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Better be good binoculars then.

basehibby
22-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Ahem! What exactly is it you find so positive about the prospect of seeing our manager changed for about the fifth time in as many years then :confused:

I don't consider myself a moaner by the way - I'm naturally inclined to see the glass half full most of the time. Just because I'm an optimist though does not mean I favour the ostrich approach to life - if there's a problem then I'd rather get it out in the open and if Calderwood does end up making this move then I'd say it's indicative of major problems which need to be tackled.

greenginger
22-06-2011, 11:18 AM
If CC is committed to his job at Hibs I am happy to give him a decent chance to prove he is the man to manage Hibs.

If he rather be a No 2 down south let him go and get a replacement in sharpish.

If the sticking point is the amount of compensation Forest are prepared to pay then Calderwood's salary at Forest should be reduced to make up the difference.

Why is it that people in the football world think that the contracts they sign should only be for their benefit ?:grr:

jdships
22-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Well if he can do the dirty on Hibs, i am sure he will have no second thoughts about doing the dirty on McClaren to join Hughton at Birmingham if he gets the job. :greengrin

Depends ,as they say, on the Nature of the Beast " :greengrin:rolleyes:

Speedway
22-06-2011, 11:25 AM
The statement says no official approach from Notts Forest. It doesn't say anything about approaches from any other clubs. :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-06-2011, 11:27 AM
The statement says no official approach from Notts Forest. It doesn't say anything about approaches from any other clubs. :greengrin

With Hughton likely to get the Brum job you certainly wouldnt rule that out.

bawheid
22-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't consider myself a moaner by the way - I'm naturally inclined to see the glass half full most of the time. Just because I'm an optimist though does not mean I favour the ostrich approach to life - if there's a problem then I'd rather get it out in the open and if Calderwood does end up making this move then I'd say it's indicative of major problems which need to be tackled.

Agree 100%.

Signed,

Another non-moaner.

Speedway
22-06-2011, 11:30 AM
It's also worth remembering that when Yogi joined, he rubber stamped the signing of Galbraith despite being identified by Mixu and the signing of Souness Bengelloun and some other gadgy got cancelled.

In other words, CC's exit may still see CC's targets join the club.

jws1875
22-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Nottingham Forest want Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood to return to the City Ground as assistant to new manager Steve McClaren.

BBC Scotland has learned that the Championship side have made an official approach for the 46-year-old, while Hibs declined to comment.

Calderwood was the manager of Forest for two-and-a-half years before being sacked in 2008.

He agreed a three-year deal at Easter Road in October.

When Calderwood arrived from his assistant's post at Newcastle, Hibs were eighth in the Scottish Premier League but they finished a disappointing campaign in 10th position.

At St James' Park, Calderwood worked under Chris Hughton, who is expected to take over at Birmingham.

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 11:33 AM
It's also worth remembering that when Yogi joined, he rubber stamped the signing of Galbraith despite being identified by Mixu and the signing of Souness Bengelloun and some other gadgy got cancelled.

Although a new manager might actually have circa 2 months with the transfer window open, to wheel and deal. IF Caldo leaves AND a new manager (WGS) is appointed.

Part/Time Supporter
22-06-2011, 11:34 AM

In fairness, this seems to be becoming more common practice.

eg1 Birmingham signed Gomis (on £15K per week!) after McLeish walked
eg2 Watford signed Craig Forsyth after Malky Mackay went to Cardiff

brydekirk
22-06-2011, 11:48 AM
:agree:
My brother in law. He was pretty confident it was true but it could be p!sh

Iain G
22-06-2011, 12:01 PM
You never seem to be particularly positive about folk with genuine concerns on here. Sigh.

Hard to spot those with genuine concerns amongst all the knee jerkers, misery guts, cranks and probable yam's on the wind up these days! :wink:

easty
22-06-2011, 12:01 PM
eg1 Birmingham signed Gomis (on £15K per week!) after McLeish walked

That can't be true. He's not worth half of that.

Iain G
22-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Ahem! What exactly is it you find so positive about the prospect of seeing our manager changed for about the fifth time in as many years then :confused:

Can we not just be positive for a wee while! Rather that than be negative and go off half baked about some cock and bull non-story that has somehow spawned 26 pages on here!? Hibs have refuted any suggetsion of Calderwood leaving, yet that seems to only spark even more negativity in some!?!?! :confused:

3pm
22-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Who really cares! He's been murder since he arrived.

As mentioned elsewhere, I am more concerned about Petrie picking another gaffer than Colin Calderwood leaving.

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Who really cares! He's been murder since he arrived.

As mentioned elsewhere, I am more concerned about Petrie picking another gaffer than Colin Calderwood leaving.

:agree: If he's going GTF now, if he's staying you better do a damn sight better than the shambles you gave us last season.

loanheadhibby
22-06-2011, 12:18 PM
If CC is committed to his job at Hibs I am happy to give him a decent chance to prove he is the man to manage Hibs.

If he rather be a No 2 down south let him go and get a replacement in sharpish.

If the sticking point is the amount of compensation Forest are prepared to pay then Calderwood's salary at Forest should be reduced to make up the difference.

Why is it that people in the football world think that the contracts they sign should only be for their benefit ?:grr:

FWIW I agree with the above!

What I wonder is what has CC actually done so far at hibs that would merit us desperately trying to keep hold of him? Lets be honest crap players or no crap players, he has not exactly covered himself in glory as a manager (selections/tactics/interviews etc).

Maybe he knows he's not up to task and this is his chance to fade back into the background like he was at newcastle?

If he does go I am not overly concerned. Can't say I have enjoyed his brand of football so far.

patlowe
22-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I find it interesting that hibs felt the need to respond to the speculation. Regardless, I'm not really fussed if he stays or goes to be honest. He's just about shown enough to warrant a decent crack of the whip but he's not exactly done much to suggest he'll be a huge success. We pretty much annually sell 1 or 2 people to keep us making a profit, why not Calderwood?

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 12:25 PM
I find it interesting that hibs felt the need to respond to the speculation. Regardless, I'm not really fussed if he stays or goes to be honest. He's just about shown enough to warrant a decent crack of the whip but he's not exactly done much to suggest he'll be a huge success. We pretty much annually sell 1 or 2 people to keep us making a profit, why not Calderwood?

Based on his performance since arriving, i'd give him a 3/10. If Petrie can get compensation for him, it would be like selling sand to the arabs.

The Falcon
22-06-2011, 12:26 PM

Do you think we should pay CC more money to stay? More than Forest are offering for example?

I would suggest that if our manager is sought after and if we got him at less than others are willing to pay then surely this reflects well on us?

Geo_1875
22-06-2011, 12:40 PM

I think Hibs had to respond to this "non-story" because it has been "reported" in nearly all the newspapers, and now on BBC Scotland, that Forest want Calderwood. Now whether you believe them or not Hibs have said no official contact has been recieved from Forest so the story must have originated somewhere. Can anybody shed any light on where they first heard about this?

hibsbollah
22-06-2011, 12:48 PM

Some 'punters' have got (unseen) work to go to:grr:

If anyone else wants to give an east mains update go right ahead. My hide is just next to the tree stump shaped like Gary Caldwells head.

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 12:49 PM

Impossible? :faf:

Kaiser1962
22-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I think Hibs had to respond to this "non-story" because it has been "reported" in nearly all the newspapers, and now on BBC Scotland, that Forest want Calderwood. Now whether you believe them or not Hibs have said no official contact has been recieved from Forest so the story must have originated somewhere. Can anybody shed any light on where they first heard about this?

This is, imo, mischief making par excellence.

Some hack was led to "believe" an approach had been made. He dosent have to say by whom (probably the OP) but he can splash it all over the news without having to justify this in any way, shape or form. We are told about release clauses and escape chutes and all things. We are even told the excuse that will be given once he goes and that we shouldnt believe it.

Hibs then have to issue a very formal statement to deny pish story thats spreading like a virus and wording of the statement is picked over on here like it's some sort of UN mandate to analyze what the club REALLY meant.

This whole saga defies belief but, at the end of the day, the objective has been achieved. Hibs are undermined. Doubt is sown about CC. Players are alledged to board signings hence questioning CC again. The whole structire of the club and its integrity is being questione and, like the BBC hack, no proof is offered either way.

Normal service on anti-hibs.net is resumed.

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Do you think we should pay CC more money to stay? More than Forest are offering for example?

Do you know Forest are offering more money than he's on now?

Golden Bear
22-06-2011, 12:55 PM

They could very well be.

There was me having a quiet game of golf this morning and I couldn't believe my eyes when Graham Stack passed me on a training run. It's got to be said he was looking lean mean and keen!

After I finished I noticed that Scott Thomson was putting a couple of the keepers through their paces but I didn't see any of the other players.

I'll keep my eyes fixed from now on though and report back accordingly.

:aok:

Kaiser1962
22-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Some 'punters' have got (unseen) work to go to:grr:

If anyone else wants to give an east mains update go right ahead. My hide is just next to the tree stump shaped like Gary Caldwells head.

You're doing a fine job taking one for the team Hibsbollah! Keep up the good work. :greengrin

Carheenlea
22-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I can confirm that Calderwood is at this moment, with the players at their training base in the Borders, so certainly no resignations, or anything untoward happening.
In this instance, at lunchtime on Wednesday, there is nothing to suggest that Hibs' statement is incorrect or misleading.

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 12:56 PM

Some hack was led to "believe" an approach had been made. He dosent have to say by whom (probably the OP) but he can splash it all over the news without having to justify this in any way, shape or form. We are told about release clauses and escape chutes and all things. We are even told the excuse that will be given once he goes and that we shouldnt believe it.

Hibs then have to issue a very formal statement to deny pish story thats spreading like a virus and wording of the statement is picked over on here like it's some sort of UN mandate to analyze what the club REALLY meant.

This whole saga defies belief but, at the end of the day, the objective has been achieved. Hibs are undermined. Doubt is sown about CC. Players are alledged to board signings hence questioning CC again. The whole structire of the club and its integrity is being questione and, like the BBC hack, no proof is offered either way.

Er Drama Queen.... You might well be right, this might all be a one-man wind up. It might not, we will see.

If Calderwood stays, strengthens the team, has a decent pre-season, but most importantly looks to have made a difference in the first three games then all of this will be totally forgotten.

No one has been under-mined, this could all be used to strengthen the team resolve, IMHO

Golden Bear
22-06-2011, 12:57 PM
You're doing a fine job taking one for the team Hibsbollah! Keep up the good work. :greengrin

You mean no one has told him yet?

pacorosssco
22-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Based on his performance since arriving, i'd give him a 3/10. If Petrie can get compensation for him, it would be like selling sand to the arabs.

Petrie has previous here. He got compo for Williamson which tbh was a miracle.

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 12:59 PM

So even if CC stays at Hibs we should be sending this guy flowers and a fruit basket?

The problem with this thread, as a whole, is nobody actually knows anything so we've resorted to nothing more than What-If scenarios. We still don't know if this story is true. Hibs have denied the rumours twice now. I thought the OP spoke pretty well but I personally didn't appreciate being cast as naive for not believing the story. Give me hard evidence, then I will believe.

Next week's lottery numbers will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and you're just kidding yourself if you don't think that will happen....

The Falcon
22-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Do you know Forest are offering more money than he's on now?

Not an issue now is it. Club have issued a statement.

Golden Bear
I can confirm that Calderwood is at this moment, with the players at their training base in the Borders, so certainly no resignations, or anything untoward happening.
In this instance, at lunchtime on Wednesday, there is nothing to suggest that Hibs' statement is incorrect or misleading.

You will of course have inside information on this one Dave.:wink:

And many congratulations on becoming a Daddy!

Craig_in_Prague
Er Drama Queen.... You might well be right, this might all be a one-man wind up. It might not, we will see.

If Calderwood stays, strengthens the team, has a decent pre-season, but most importantly looks to have made a difference in the first three games then all of this will be totally forgotten.

No one has been under-mined, this could all be used to strengthen the team resolve, IMHO

So he's got a whole 3 games .......... wow.......:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
22-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Who's the drama queen?

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 01:02 PM

I think these days you have to also take into consideration the last 5 months too? :wink:

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 01:03 PM

Didn't mean it like that - what I meant was if we don't beat Celtc at home in the first game, that wouldn't change anything as far as I was concerned, but god forbid nil from nine points then you might wonder.

He needs time - he's not been undermined by this rumour is what I'm saying.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Much as i thought cc was murder last season he deserves a chance and lets see just how his new players do. With hopefully more new faces to arrive im quietly confident bout coming season. Maybe wont be top 3 material but surely finish top 6 and kick on fae there....

Kaiser1962
22-06-2011, 01:06 PM

Its the Beltane this week is it not? Are they at the shows? Does CC have to buy them ice cream?

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Which sort of means that there has been contact it has just not been done officaily yet.

That's ONE way of interpreting it. It could also mean that as far as Hibs are concerned, there has been no contact. Assuming they don't have a tracking device around CC's ankle, they probably don't know where he is 100% of the time so they can't say that a meeting has NOT taken place because there could have been a meeting without their knowledge.

I do not think it's an admission of any sort.

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Who's the drama queen?

You seemed to be suggesting that this rumour had massively undermined Hibs, Calderwood, the signings, the Board and everything else....

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 01:12 PM
We should have .net competition. Close this thread and see who can guess (no cheating!) how many times the word IF appears. :wink:

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Not an issue now is it. Club have issued a statement.

The question is still there though, you seemed to suggest that he would be being offered more money by Forest.

Which in turn you know what he's earning at ER, or likely to be paid as a no2 or 3 at Forest.

Kaiser1962
22-06-2011, 01:19 PM
You seemed to be suggesting that this rumour had massively undermined Hibs, Calderwood, the signings, the Board and everything else....

When they are having to officially comment on this then it's an issue.

I dont think I used the word massive.

ElginHibbie
22-06-2011, 01:20 PM
We should have .net competition. Close this thread and see who can guess (no cheating!) how many times the word IF appears. :wink:

And the word FACT

WindyMiller
22-06-2011, 01:24 PM

Come on mate, your a photographer ffs, get a photae posted up!

The Falcon
22-06-2011, 01:24 PM
The question is still there though, you seemed to suggest that he would be being offered more money by Forest.

Which in turn you know what he's earning at ER, or likely to be paid as a no2 or 3 at Forest.

You yourself suggested more money may be one of the factors for him choosing to leave.

Gingertosser
22-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I've heard he has resigned :confused:

No sources.
No insider knowledge.

Just thought the thread needed a help in getting to 30 pages !!

Kaiser1962
22-06-2011, 01:27 PM

No sources.
No insider knowledge.

And how did you get your name again :greengrin

Jones28
22-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Surely the fact that Calderwood has made three decent signings, plus the addition of Thornhill, Palsson and Scott in January are signals that he is here to stay, to build up the squad and be successful.

Either that or he's gone :devil:

sahib
22-06-2011, 01:29 PM

Why are they not at their training base, built at huge expense, a mere 30 miles north of there?:greengrin

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 01:29 PM

No sources.
No insider knowledge.

Voices inside your head? :wink:

bawheid
22-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Why are they not at their training base, built at huge expense, a mere 30 miles north of there?:greengrin

Farmer's sold it for housing. :agree:

[35 pages...]

Kaiser1962

Because the shows are in Peebles. Keep up :greengrin

HibsMax

Peebles is closer to Nottingham?

Andy74
22-06-2011, 01:33 PM
I think these days you have to also take into consideration the last 5 months too? :wink:

YehButNoBut
22-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Another confirmation stating that Hibs will not entertain any approach for Calderwood, thread closed. :wink: :greengrin

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/259415-hibernian-warn-nottingham-forest-over-colin-calderwood/

ancient hibee
22-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Farmer's sold it for housing. :agree:

[35 pages...]
And added the money to the dosh he got for the car park(another 35 pages).

Jim44
22-06-2011, 01:43 PM
If there is some mileage in this 'rumour' after all and, say, Calderwood ups and offs, you might argue that Hibs have had a narrow escape to be rid of such a 'small', unambitious character who has such low esteem to accept a second in charge job at a club which sacked him from the top job. Again, if it happens, questions must be asked of course about the state of affairs at ER. For example, what or who is the catalyst amid the shambles? :devil:

McIntosh
22-06-2011, 01:51 PM

:top marksIt was an audacious piece of nonsense and it proves you can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

This should have been locked twenty pages ago. We are feeding the story.

Carheenlea
22-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Its the Beltane this week is it not? Are they at the shows? Does CC have to buy them ice cream?

You are correct, it is Beltane Festival Week in Peebles, and I'm afraid my earlier post was a red herring.
The truth of the matter is, that after a major bust up at the shows between the manager and several senior players, Petrie and Calderwood met in one of Codona's luxury caravans and Calderwood was sacked on the spot. The reason for the delay in Hibs confirming this officially is that Calderwood's lawyers are claiming for Funfair dismissal.

Peevemor
22-06-2011, 01:58 PM
You are correct, it is Beltane Festival Week in Peebles, and I'm afraid my earlier post was a red herring.
The truth of the matter is, that after a major bust up at the shows between the manager and several senior players, Petrie and Calderwood met in one of Codona's luxury caravans and Calderwood was sacked on the spot. The reason for the delay in Hibs confirming this officially is that Cslderwood's lawyers are claiming for Funfair dismissal.

:top marks

bawheid
22-06-2011, 02:06 PM
The truth of the matter is, that after a major bust up at the shows between the manager and several senior players, Petrie and Calderwood met in one of Codona's luxury caravans and Calderwood was sacked on the spot. The reason for the delay in Hibs confirming this officially is that Cslderwood's lawyers are claiming for Funfair dismissal.

This thread will be vault material yet. :greengrin

poolman
22-06-2011, 02:19 PM
The information I have received is coming from a former players son, I am not too sure who to believe him or the club, but why would the club lie ? Why would he lie ? I think I will just toss a coin, if its heads I believe the club, That's the coin tossed and the bloody thing landed on its edge !!!!

:faf: Well thats that then, he's bound to be "in the know"

aljo7-0
22-06-2011, 02:26 PM
:faf: Good one - made me laugh out loud that did!

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2011, 02:27 PM

Ouch that is a shocker:faf:

Lucius Apuleius
22-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Swings and roundabouts as far as I am concerned.

Gingertosser
22-06-2011, 02:52 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Chris Hughton appointed Birmingham manager....mmmmm

Hamish
22-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Cue picture taken from 50 yards away of CH and CC in the foyer of a Birmingham hotel with a mystery grey haired man.

Jim44
22-06-2011, 03:01 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Chris Hughton appointed Birmingham manager....mmmmm

Calderwood'll be having kittens, not knowing which way to turn.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
22-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Cue picture taken from 50 yards away of CH and CC in the foyer of a Birmingham hotel with a mystery grey haired man.

Quicker just doing a Photoshop on the existing one in The Marriott, Leicester. :agree:

WindyMiller
22-06-2011, 03:09 PM

But we still need photaes!

Speedway
22-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Calderwood'll be having kittens, not knowing which way to turn.:greengrin

I know, the sheer volume of top jobs that he hasn't been chosen for.

.Sean.
22-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Calderwood took training this morning, in Peebles, guarunteed. As far as the players are concerned, he's staying.

The team get back tomorrow, perhaps though there could be further developments later in the week?

Geo_1875
22-06-2011, 03:30 PM
What will CC do when the FA ask him to be 2nd in command of Team GB?

R'Albin
22-06-2011, 04:59 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110622/calderwood-planning-ahead_2262950_2380541

Think this puts an end to these rumours....

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110622/calderwood-planning-ahead_2262950_2380541

Not really, if you listen to the interview backwards it says something completely different.:wink:

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 05:17 PM

Sounds like it but I don't like this bit:
"(Next season) is a terrific prospect - we're going to have to add again, although nothing is going to happen in the short-term."

R'Albin
22-06-2011, 05:20 PM
"(Next season) is a terrific prospect - we're going to have to add again, although nothing is going to happen in the short-term."

I thought maybe he said that to show he is going to stay?

stokesmessiah
22-06-2011, 05:21 PM

He already said he had was targeting players in England which were not back til the 1st...seems pretty straight forward ?

Westie1875
22-06-2011, 05:22 PM

He has already said he is looking to bring players in from English teams who aren't back until July, what is the short term anyway? A couple of weeks? If so then I don't see any problem with this, we definitely need more strikers at least before the season begins and ideally a right back.

archiebald
22-06-2011, 05:25 PM
He must have something Notts Forest and now Birmingham

Beefster
22-06-2011, 05:29 PM
He must have something Notts Forest and now Birmingham

Birmingham?

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 05:30 PM
He already said he had was targeting players in England which were not back til the 1st...seems pretty straight forward ?

He has already said he is looking to bring players in from English teams who aren't back until July, what is the short term anyway? A couple of weeks? If so then I don't see any problem with this, we definitely need more strikers at least before the season begins and ideally a right back.

I know he said that, I even posted the exact same information myself. I gues sit all depends on what he means by "short term". If that means 2 days, fine. If that means not until the next window then I would be more concerned. Not so straight forward after all, unless you know what he means by "short-term"?

archiebald
22-06-2011, 05:34 PM
yes just been on STV that Chris Hughton is now looking for NO2 with Calderwood one of the the possibles for the job

Beefster
22-06-2011, 05:36 PM
yes just been on STV that Chris Hughton is now looking for NO2 with Calderwood one of the the possibles for the job

Journalism in this country is rock bottom. Pure speculation.

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Aw FFS. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
22-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Journalism in this country is rock bottom. Pure speculation.

:agree: Although I'm sure Hughton will be trying to get him as assistant, I highly doubt Calderwood will move.

R'Albin
22-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Also how come it says "registered user" Under Nottmforestfan's name? what does that mean :confused:

Hibee87
22-06-2011, 06:01 PM
whats the chances that everyone is wrong and calderwood is looking to set up a link between the clubs similar to what we were meant to do with chelsea a few years back somthing along the lines of we get 2 players form youth/reserve on loan for a year and forest get first dibs on any of our players they might be interested in:confused:

grunt
22-06-2011, 06:08 PM
yes just been on STV that Chris Hughton is now looking for NO2 with Calderwood one of the the possibles for the jobNitrogen dioxide?

ancient hibee
22-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Surely somebody has had a text from a mate who is on the inside at Easter Road by now-standards are slipping.

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Surely somebody has had a text from a mate who is on the inside at Easter Road by now-standards are slipping.

Well, the club has denied contact twice now and CC is talking about next season in his most recent interview so we're hearing all the right things from the club. I wrote to the club yesterday and received a (personalised) reply today saying that there is nothing in the rumours.

The only thing fueling the fire now is the media, and us. :D

marinello59
22-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Also how come it says "registered user" Under Nottmforestfan's name? what does that mean :confused:

It means he is a registered user.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Just over 48k reads on this thread, I've had one and you can be sure that this is the biggest load of crap I have ever read on .net...and that's saying something

R'Albin
22-06-2011, 06:43 PM
It means he is a registered user.

Cheers for that:greengrin But why does he get his own special message that normal users don't get?!

R'Albin
22-06-2011, 06:46 PM
He doesn't. That's how everybody starts out on here.

Oh i always thought it was "s" form?

marinello59
22-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh i always thought it was "s" form?

You are quick on the quote.
You may well be right. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Cheers for that:greengrin But why does he get his own special message that normal users don't get?!

Well....there are two different types of user, you see.

Type one is what we call the Garry. Type two is called the Ian. Type one thinks he's a user, but is actually hooked on baking soda. The other one works with sex offenders.

R'Albin
22-06-2011, 06:49 PM
You are quick on the quote.
You may well be right. :greengrin

I'm always on the ball:greengrin

WindyMiller
22-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Aye. I did, he's left...FACT ENDOFF.

Obviously that clip that I just watched was pre-recorded.

Petrie. :fuming:

basehibby
22-06-2011, 07:04 PM

My mate that does the fish van for deliveries says that Coderwood is whiting another skatement just for the halibut.

NW
22-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Why doesn't CC come out with a simple statement to say so?

The Hibs official statement really means hee haw, and tbh given CC has done nothing to distance himself imo speaks volumes.

Unfortunately I expect by the weekend we shall have more upheaval and be looking for a new management team.

Franck is God
22-06-2011, 07:39 PM

The Hibs official statement really means hee haw, and tbh given CC has done nothing to distance himself imo speaks volumes.

Unfortunately I expect by the weekend we shall have more upheaval and be looking for a new management team.

Why should he, it is only media speculation that the club have addressed with their statement today.

I would also think that any statement would have been discussed by CC anyway so the fact it was issued at all told me all I needed to know.

Bostonhibby
22-06-2011, 07:47 PM

If I was Calderwood I would refuse to work with anyone that regarded me as a number 2.

Better to stay at Hibs and be regarded as a pile of sh*t by us, at least you know where you stand :wink:

poolman
22-06-2011, 07:52 PM

I think he may have enough to do down at Peebles with the players just coming back for the new season insteadf of taking time out with this garbage :agree:

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I think he may have enough to do down at Peebles with the players just coming back for the new season insteadf of taking time out with this garbage :agree:

I agree with that but it doesn't take two seconds to say YES:
Q. Will you be Hibs manager when Hibs kick off the season against Celtic?
A. Yes / No

But I also don't want Hibs to be forced into making announcements every time there is a rumour. That sets a dangerous precedent.

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 08:12 PM

Just a new manager - the 'team' headed back up to Ross County a while ago...:aok:

Danderhall Hibs
22-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Just a new manager - the 'team' headed back up to Ross County a while ago...:aok:

Stevenson and Evans as well?

PapillonVert
22-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Sorry, I have not read the whole thread but the Telegraph is reporting the story, i.e that Hibs have told NF that CC is not available

Aaagh......for some reason, can't copy and paste the link but go to www.telegraph.co.uk and then to sports pages and then football and you will find the story.

snooky
22-06-2011, 08:31 PM
If I was Calderwood I would refuse to work with anyone that regarded me as a number 2.

Better to stay at Hibs and be regarded as a pile of sh*t by us, at least you know where you stand :wink:

:faf: :top marks

Cropley10
22-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Stevenson and Evans as well?

They were here before him, don't think they're going anywhere.

silverhibee
23-06-2011, 12:03 AM
In todays Sun CC is now being linked with the No 2 job at Birmingham. :rolleyes:

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 12:06 AM
I wonder what the half-life of this thread is?

Cabbage East
23-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Calderwood's offski.

More rebuilding it seems....

RickyS
23-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Calderwood's offski.

why? wot u heard? or are u just assuming?

Beefster
23-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Calderwood's offski.

No, he's definitely still at Hibs.

aberhibsfc
23-06-2011, 09:16 AM
I thought that he might end up at Brummie given both his availability and their vacancy coupled with the fact he successfully pulled Newcastle out of the Championship in one season. He wasn't a disaster in the Premiership, you could argue that he had the players for the Championshipe but not necessarily so for the Premiership.

I predicted this may happen on another thread, given his re-employment, I wonder if his position may produce more of a threat regards CC's tenure at ER than that of Shteeve. They have successfully operated together previously, so it may be tempting.

CC may have left Newcastle for various reasons, the one we understand is that he wanted to be his own man. Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall and jumped before being pushed as opposed to CH who held on to the bitter end.

I hope that CC stays and delivers at ER, but this recent development may put the proverbial cat amongst the pidgeons.

A weeks a long time in football, anything can happen in football de dah, de dah, de dah.

Andy74
23-06-2011, 09:44 AM
So, let me get this straight.

Calderwood left an assistant's job at a pretty big English Premiership team, to come to Hibs to be manager in his own right.

At the time Hibs were 8th and had such players as John Rankin and Colin Nish.

Less than a year later and he's been allowed to sign ten players including the likes of Garry O'Connor and the captain of the Liverpool reserve team. He's also been given a great opportunity to get rid of all the players he doesn't want.

So, he gets to that stage and decides he wants to be an assistant at smaller teams than the one he left in the Premiership. One of whom he already managed in his own right.

Aye, I can see it right enough.

Beefster
23-06-2011, 09:48 AM
So, by your own admission, Calderwood left an assistant's job with Hughton at a big Premiership club because he wanted to be his own man. Anything else is pure speculation.

Given the FACTS that we know, why would he now go back to being an assistant with Hughton at a smaller Championship club?

Dibben
23-06-2011, 09:49 AM

Calderwood left an assistant's job at a pretty big English Premiership team, to come to Hibs to be manager in his own right.

Less than a year later and he's been allowed to sign ten players including the likes of Garry O'Connor and the captain of the Liverpool reserve team. He's also been given a great opportunity to get rid of all the players he doesn't want.

So, he gets to that stage and decides he wants to be an assistant at smaller teams than the one he left in the Premiership. One of whom he already managed in his own right.

It makes no sense, but stranger things have happened!!!

Liberal Hibby
23-06-2011, 10:12 AM

Quite. And given the actual facts in this case consist of one grainy photo from a hotel lobby which may or may not feature CC, it's pretty extraordinary that one Forest fan posting here and one tweeting Nottingham journo have given what is just idle close season speculation such legs.

chrisski33
23-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Why is the team training in peebles when we have em??

Largshibby
23-06-2011, 10:17 AM
So, by your own admission, Calderwood left an assistant's job with Hughton at a big Premiership club because he wanted to be his own man. Anything else is pure speculation.

Given the FACTS that we know, why would he now go back to being an assistant with Hughton at a smaller Championship club?

The size of the club and the division they are in may be immaterial. If they pay several times more than Hibs its going to be tempting, his family are down south and his desire to be "his own man" may have taken a knock if he is unhappy at the way things have progressed at ER.

flash
23-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Quite. And given the actual facts in this case consist of one grainy photo from a hotel lobby which may or may not feature CC, it's pretty extraordinary that one Forest fan posting here and one tweeting Nottingham journo have given what is just idle close season speculation such legs.

Its him in the pic alright. this is no wind up. perhaps him thinking of leaving is purely personal and nothing to do with working at hibs which he maybe loves? who knows?

aberhibsfc
23-06-2011, 10:21 AM
It's not by my own anything, it's a FACT he left a no2 post at a Premier club to join us. It is envisageable that management team at Newcastle were aware of the unwarranted attention by the Newcastle owner. This was further excaserbated when CH was not allowed to replace CC and operated mostly on his own for 5 or so weeks. Ashley was determined to remove this team from the helm, heaven knows why, especially when he then installs Pardew on a 5 year deal. Pardew may go onto to do well, he showed some promise earlier in his career but not delivered anything. On a side note, Ashley comes across like the EPL Romanov, probably thinks himself more of an Abramovic.

Anyway, back to the main matter, yes it would seem odd to leave an EPL no 2 spot to join a Championship no2 spot. It's a lot less far fetched than joining Nottingham Forrest as No2 also in the Championship with someone I am unsure he has worked with before, that particular thread has run for 30 odd pages.

I don't want him to go, I have nothing to say he will go, but you have to admit in the realm of football it's hardly a far fetched possibility.

YehButNoBut
23-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Just an update on the Sodje tweet re Calderwood to Birmingham, looks like Gary O (I'm presuming) has got hold of his phone and sent it as a prank, tweet below a minute ago.

Sorry people. Left my fone on.. Sumone...' Gary' got hold of it

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2011, 11:33 AM
They were here before him, don't think they're going anywhere.

Ok - just when you said the management team had moved to Ross County I assumed you meant more than one guy. The other 4 are still here.

silverhibee
23-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Just an update on the Sodje tweet re Calderwood to Birmingham, looks like Gary O (I'm presuming) has got hold of his phone and sent it as a prank, tweet below a minute ago.

Sorry people. Left my fone on.. Sumone...' Gary' got hold of it

If Gaz, why would he do something like that. :confused:

SneakersO'Toole
23-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Quite patently it is not O'Connor. Rather some pathletic yam cretin who is getting off watching members of the Hibs.net community get excited over his tweets under the pretense of Akpo Sodje.

Wouldn't expect anything less from those degenerates.

YehButNoBut
23-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Does anyone know for sure if Sodje's twitter a/c is real??

@RealAkpoSodje (https://twitter.com/#!/RealAkpoSodje)

Andy74
23-06-2011, 12:38 PM

For a laugh?

YehButNoBut
23-06-2011, 12:39 PM
The Forrest fan who started this thread is now posting on the Scotsman forum as he says he cannot use Hibs net now this is what he has just added below, does sound now like it is more like a Jambo on the wind up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Tuesday night Calderwood met with Hibs board in person to discuss the approach from Forest. This definitely happened - I know this from contacts I have at the Forest end.

On Wednesday following this meting the only statement to be released from Hibs is that they have had no contact from Forest and dont want any. But they know about the apporach and Calderwoods state of mind. I believe at that meeting they were hoping to get him to commit to Hibs and it didnt happen.

They and Calderwood both had the chance following that meeting to confirm Colin Calderwood does not want to leave the club and is committed to Hibs.

They could not make that statment because for whatever reason Calderwood does want to leave. Maybe its family issues or maybe he has issues at Hibs as well.

Calderwood has gone quiet the minute the news of McClaren tapping him up came out. Not what you expect of a manager committed to his club.

Forest local reporter is saying the sticking point is the amount of compensation Forest will have to pay which they are suggesting could be as high as £1m.

I cannot believe Forest would pay that amount of compensation for an assistant - I am not sure they would pay it for an actual manager to be honest.

So I suggest Forest are banking on the fact Hibs dont want a manager to stay who doesnt want to be there and are hoping to get the compensation reduced significantly as a result.

If not stalemate - but if I was a Hibs fan I would not want a guy who doesnt want to be there in charge of my team.

We Forest fans arent really that fussed on our club spending money on compensation either when all we want is new players to be honest.

Now after all this Birmingham may even get involved.

I have bee saying for a while though that the fcat your manager has not made a statement to commit himself to your club should tell you everything you need to know.

For whatever reasons he wants to leave.

It has to be sorted quickly now for both clubs.

I am hearing the Hibs Chairman doesnt negotiate - but how will he feel if he is left with a manager who doesnt want to be there that Forest cant afford ?

Am not saying he is wrong to stand firm on this but end of day once someone says they want to leave do you force them to stay ?

Dibben
23-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know for sure if Sodje's twitter a/c is real??

@RealAkpoSodje (https://twitter.com/#!/RealAkpoSodje)

Apparently it's not real, but unless we know how people 'know' this, there will always be doubt!!

scott7_0(Prague)
23-06-2011, 12:47 PM
The Forrest fan who started this thread is now posting on the Scotsman forum as he says he cannot use Hibs net now this is what he has just added below, does sound now like it is more like a Jambo on the wind up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Tuesday night Calderwood met with Hibs board in person to discuss the approach from Forest. This definitely happened - I know this from contacts I have at the Forest end.

On Wednesday following this meting the only statement to be released from Hibs is that they have had no contact from Forest and dont want any. But they know about the apporach and Calderwoods state of mind. I believe at that meeting they were hoping to get him to commit to Hibs and it didnt happen.

They and Calderwood both had the chance following that meeting to confirm Colin Calderwood does not want to leave the club and is committed to Hibs.

They could not make that statment because for whatever reason Calderwood does want to leave. Maybe its family issues or maybe he has issues at Hibs as well.

Calderwood has gone quiet the minute the news of McClaren tapping him up came out. Not what you expect of a manager committed to his club.

Forest local reporter is saying the sticking point is the amount of compensation Forest will have to pay which they are suggesting could be as high as £1m.

I cannot believe Forest would pay that amount of compensation for an assistant - I am not sure they would pay it for an actual manager to be honest.

So I suggest Forest are banking on the fact Hibs dont want a manager to stay who doesnt want to be there and are hoping to get the compensation reduced significantly as a result.

If not stalemate - but if I was a Hibs fan I would not want a guy who doesnt want to be there in charge of my team.

We Forest fans arent really that fussed on our club spending money on compensation either when all we want is new players to be honest.

Now after all this Birmingham may even get involved.

I have bee saying for a while though that the fcat your manager has not made a statement to commit himself to your club should tell you everything you need to know.

For whatever reasons he wants to leave.

It has to be sorted quickly now for both clubs.

I am hearing the Hibs Chairman doesnt negotiate - but how will he feel if he is left with a manager who doesnt want to be there that Forest cant afford ?

Am not saying he is wrong to stand firm on this but end of day once someone says they want to leave do you force them to stay ?

I am not sure if he got his point across about some manager not wanting to be there..... maybe he could mention it a few more times.

Why should CC make a statement, the club has spoken on the matter and that's it. CC is preparing for the new season and probably doesn't want to be distracted from his pre-season preparations.

Delboy4
23-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Maybe truth in the matter as the brummies are talking about it on their website now.
:confused:
http://forums.birminghammail.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37970

flash
23-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I would think the forest fan might have summed up the present situation pretty accurately

JimBHibees
23-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Why should CC make a statement, the club has spoken on the matter and that's it. CC is preparing for the new season and probably doesn't want to be distracted from his pre-season preparations.

I think he should it would make everything crystal clear if he indeed does want to stay. I think the longer this goes on without him coming out with such a comment the more likely that he does want to leave. The Birmingham situation is also a complication. Did he not just get married it maybe her indoors wants him to move down south?

Andy74
23-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I am not sure if he got his point across about some manager not wanting to be there..... maybe he could mention it a few more times.

He seems to be beding over backwards to say as Forest Fans they don't care but he really wants us to care and not want someone who doesn't want to be here.

Nice for his looking out for us to have taken over his every moment!

Total wind up if you ask me.

Geo_1875
23-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I would think the forest fan might have summed up the present situation pretty accurately

I don't know how he can say that Hibs held a board meeting with CC. I doubt anybody outside the Hibs board would know that. I don't know this Forest fan but I do know that he is a fud. That's a fact.

matty_f
23-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I don't know how he can say that Hibs held a board meeting with CC. I doubt anybody outside the Hibs board would know that. I don't know this Forest fan but I do know that he is a fud. That's a fact.

He's full of wind and pish. He's trying to make a very elaborate story but ultimately nothing he has posted will be proven one way or the other.

Why on earth would someone be that bothered to be still going on about it now?

flash
23-06-2011, 01:06 PM
He seems to be beding over backwards to say as Forest Fans they don't care but he really wants us to care and not want someone who doesn't want to be here.

Nice for his looking out for us to have taken over his every moment!

Total wind up if you ask me.

Do you mean he is trying to wind us up, possible, or the whole thing is a wind up?

JimBHibees
23-06-2011, 01:08 PM

He would know if CC told Forest what was happening and he was aware of it. Not saying for one minute that I am convinced by the story however this needs to be put to bed one way or tother IMO.

flash
23-06-2011, 01:10 PM

He did say it and i dont think he is wrong. i dont know if cc will stay but i do know this situation is genuine.

JimBHibees
23-06-2011, 01:12 PM
He did say it and i dont think he is wrong. i dont know if cc will stay but i do know this situation is genuine.

How do you know that?

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Its him in the pic alright. this is no wind up. perhaps him thinking of leaving is purely personal and nothing to do with working at hibs which he maybe loves? who knows?

Do you have a better version of the pic than the one I've seen posted around, something a little larger? I have seen a couple of versions of the same photo and while it looks like the person in the photo could be him, I doubt it would stand up in a court of law (or the court of hibs.net in this case). How do we know it's not Gerard Butler?

flash
23-06-2011, 01:15 PM
How do you know that?

just by the way the various parties are conducting themselves.

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 01:16 PM

Why not shed some more light on this for us then?

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 01:17 PM
just by the way the various parties are conducting themselves.

OK, so you don't know anything, you're just assuming. Got it.