PDA

View Full Version : ***CC - Staying Or Going?***/NFFC Appoint Coach MERGED

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

Pedantic_Hibee
14-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes, but in the morning we will all be sober and Stevie Fulton will still have been booked for being ugly!

Brilliant :top marks

Geo_1875
14-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Never, in the field of scottish fitba, has so much hot air been spouted, about so little actual news.

with apologies to churchill.

Oh yesssss.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Was it you at East Fife on Saturday?

Had him worried. He looked like he was ****ting himself with fear. :rolleyes:

No it wasn't me. Dont be silly.

Theres a world of difference between making an erse of yourself at a game and venting ones exasperation on a messageboard after a skinful on ones holiday.

My assertion still stands though. Calderwood has done nothing to convince us that he actually wants to be here, and given his brand of football from last season I dont want hime here either.

Andy74
14-07-2011, 11:52 AM
You're not comparing toffee apples with toffee apples IMO.

How not? Seems similar to me, he's only saying is he happy here but not ruling out being tempted away if anyone asked him. Not least an ex team and an ex colleague.

bawheid
14-07-2011, 12:06 PM
How not? Seems similar to me, he's only saying is he happy here but not ruling out being tempted away if anyone asked him. Not least an ex team and an ex colleague.

Sure your good lady wife will be delighted to hear you compare your relationship with her to that of a football manager with a football club. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
14-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Yes, but in the morning we will all be sober and Stevie Fulton will still have been booked for being ugly!

:hilarious Marvellous!

Mibbes Aye
14-07-2011, 12:22 PM

:faf:

Lots of people are missing the bigger picture here. Regardless of whether CC stays, goes, or stays a bit then goes, he's given us the priceless gift of the 'sweetie bag' metaphor.

That'll never tire, and one day younger fans will wonder "What's that in-joke about bags of sweets".

A far greater outcome than whether or not we keep a manager for a year or that :agree:

TrickyNicky
14-07-2011, 12:25 PM
:faf:

Lots of people are missing the bigger picture here. Regardless of whether CC stays, goes, or stays a bit then goes, he's given us the priceless gift of the 'sweetie bag' metaphor.

That'll never tire, and one day younger fans will wonder "What's that in-joke about bags of sweets".

A far greater outcome than whether or not we keep a manager for a year or that :agree:

***ON Sale Now at your nearest bookstore ***

" Fitbaw folk an ah bag ay sweets " - The Hibernian cliche years

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 12:26 PM
No it wasn't me. Dont be silly.

Theres a world of difference between making an erse of yourself at a game and venting ones exasperation on a messageboard after a skinful on ones holiday.

My assertion still stands though. Calderwood has done nothing to convince us that he actually wants to be here, and given his brand of football from last season I dont want hime here either.

Everybody thats been to the pre-season games admits that the football is being played on the deck so far and is looking much better and more structured than last season.

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 12:29 PM
The only way it can be resolved is by CC coming out and ruling out any possible move away.

I absolutely don't buy this 'He's only being honest' POV.

I've selected this bit Smurf just because it brings us back to Mowbray and McLeish with their "statements". Is that what we want?

If he did come out with something along the lines of "unfinished business" he would still be getting ripped to bits.

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I hear what you're saying Kev, but I'm always confused by this word "invest" in a football context. I can't see how it's ever an investment, it's a debt that ultimately someone needs to be liable for. When I see "invest" what I'm actually hearing is "put a big wad of your hard earned cash into the team so we can see some success". If supporters aren't doing this in their thousands why should owners or board members?

There are many terms that could be used to describe putting one's own money into a football club or team. Investment is not one of them.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2011, 12:40 PM
I've selected this bit Smurf just because it brings us back to Mowbray and McLeish with their "statements". Is that what we want?

If he did come out with something along the lines of "unfinished business" he would still be getting ripped to bits.

:agree:

I've kept pretty quiet on this whole issue but CC is in a no win situation really.

If he declares he wants to stay no matter what then that is a lie. No one in footall can say they aare definitely doing anything because circumstances change all the time. Players and managers will always be tempted by what they see as better jobs, more money, more comfortable surrounding etc etc.

CC has been honest in that he has said he is Hibs manager but he cant say that nothing else will tempt him, this is the truth whether we like it or not. It seems that football fans don't really know what they want at times. Look at Ian Murray and Gary Caldwell. One signed a pre contract with another club and didn't tell us so got some pretty brutal abuse and branded a Judas, the other signed a pre contract and was honest about it and got abused and branded a Judas. It seems football fan don't really want the truth they just want to hear something they like regardless of the facts.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 12:49 PM

I've kept pretty quiet on this whole issue but CC is in a no win situation really.

If he declares he wants to stay no matter what then that is a lie. No one in footall can say they aare definitely doing anything because circumstances change all the time. Players and managers will always be tempted by what they see as better jobs, more money, more comfortable surrounding etc etc.

CC has been honest in that he has said he is Hibs manager but he cant say that nothing else will tempt him, this is the truth whether we like it or not. It seems that football fans don't really know what they want at times. Look at Ian Murray and Gary Caldwell. One signed a pre contract with another club and didn't tell us so got some pretty brutal abuse and branded a Judas, the other signed a pre contract and was honest about it and got abused and branded a Judas. It seems football fan don't really want the truth they just want to hear something they like regardless of the facts.

What we dont want is uncertainty, thats certainly not the case here. Thats exactly what Calderwood is causing.

HibsMax
14-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Nice analogy. I don't understand this 'honest' tag he's getting.

I believe the honest tag he is getting is because he's not ruled out a possible move away from Hibs. Other managers before CC have pledged themselves to Hibs and then left. Same result at the end of the day, manager gone, but a different approach.

Andy74
14-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Sure your good lady wife will be delighted to hear you compare your relationship with her to that of a football manager with a football club. :greengrin

Just don't tell her I help out with some coaching of amateur teams at the weekends! :greengrin

leithsansiro
14-07-2011, 12:59 PM
I saw The Tache coming out of East Mains this morning - the blighter pulled his pricy motor a tad too far out in front of my wee Ford Ka and I had to accordingly adjust my course along the road, cue furious fist shaking on my part. :I'm waiti

Get your driving sorted Petrie. And while you're at it, get yourself back into the manager's office and tell CC to get this nonsense ended.

Job done.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2011, 01:02 PM
What we dont want is uncertainty, thats certainly not the case here. Thats exactly what Calderwood is causing.

Of course no one wants uncertainty but to lay the blame solely with Calderwood isn't entirely fair.

He has said that he is the Hibs manager and until such time as an agreement is made that states otherwise he will continue in the role. There have been no threats of resignation or ultimatums that i have heard or read. It's in the hands of the board and the interested clubs, it's up to them to agree a suitable package and if Forest or Birmingham really want Calderwood thats what will happen. I'm not saying Calderwood has helped matters with some of his earlier statements or bizarre interviews but at the same time i think it would be pretty unfair to accuse him of causing the uncertainty.

TrickyNicky
14-07-2011, 01:03 PM
I saw The Tache coming out of East Mains this morning - the blighter pulled his pricy motor a tad too far out in front of my wee Ford Ka and I had to accordingly adjust my course along the road, cue furious fist shaking on my part. :I'm waiti

Get your driving sorted Petrie. And while you're at it, get yourself back into the manager's office and tell CC to get this nonsense ended.

Job done.

Luxury car tax folk ken whit's gaun oan here !:wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Everybody thats been to the pre-season games admits that the football is being played on the deck so far and is looking much better and more structured than last season.

Thats good to hear.

My outburst last night is very uncharacteristic of me, but I've just had enough of this whole situation.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Of course no one wants uncertainty but to lay the blame solely with Calderwood isn't entirely fair.

He has said that he is the Hibs manager and until such time as an agreement is made that states otherwise he will continue in the role. There have been no threats of resignation or ultimatums that i have heard or read. It's in the hands of the board and the interested clubs, it's up to them to agree a suitable package and if Forest or Birmingham really want Calderwood thats what will happen. I'm not saying Calderwood has helped matters with some of his earlier statements or bizarre interviews but at the same time i think it would be pretty unfair to accuse him of causing the uncertainty.

I think i read someone else mention the stock market scenario regarding this situation. If there's uncertainty in certain stocks it causes prices to drop, thats the same as here with Hibs. Managers lie, we all know that. In fact Calderwood has lied too, he said he knows nothing about any deal that may be on offer to him, complete bollox, his agent wouldn't be doing his job right if that was the case.

If he wanted to stay, he'd come out and say so, or is that wrong?

He wants to go imo, he and the other clubs are putting pressure on Hibs by making these non committal statements, that is causing uncertainty, yes you are right its not only him, but he is part of the uncertainty, which he could stop now.

HibsMax
14-07-2011, 01:26 PM
I think i read someone else mention the stock market scenario regarding this situation. If there's uncertainty in certain stocks it causes prices to drop, thats the same as here with Hibs. Managers lie, we all know that. In fact Calderwood has lied too, he said he knows nothing about any deal that may be on offer to him, complete bollox, his agent wouldn't be doing his job right if that was the case.

If he wanted to stay, he'd come out and say so, or is that wrong?

He wants to go imo, he and the other clubs are putting pressure on Hibs by making these non committal statements, that is causing uncertainty, yes you are right its not only him, but he is part of the uncertainty, which he could stop now.

He has said he will stay. He just hasn't said he won't leave. I think the two are different. Unless you're looking for a statement from him like, "I am Hibs manager right now and I will stay here until my contract is fulfilled.". Others before him have made similar statements. Doesn't change the outcome.

You're calling CC a liar based on an assumption you're making. Dangerous ground.

The uncertainty is killing everyone and I agree it has to be brought to an end soon / now. We've been saying that for a couple of weeks now. It's a freak show for sure but I don't think it's the caused irreparable damage.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 01:27 PM
He has said he will stay.

You're calling CC a liar based on an assumption you're making. Dangerous ground.

Until such times as compensation is paid.

Yes i will call him a liar if he says he does not know whats on offer?

HibsMax
14-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Yes, the statement was conditional but he still made the statement. He said he was happy at Hibs. I KNOW what you want him to say and ordinarily I would agree with you but with what has happened in the past I would take it with a pinch of salt.

The Board could put this to bed by saying he is not for sale. They did make a statement saying words to that affect.

NF and BC could put this to bed by pissing off and trying to find other guys to be their assistant managers.

It's not just CC's doing.

What did you mean by your last question?

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes, the statement was conditional but he still made the statement. He said he was happy at Hibs. I KNOW what you want him to say and ordinarily I would agree with you but with what has happened in the past I would take it with a pinch of salt.

The Board could put this to bed by saying he is not for sale. They did make a statement saying words to that affect.

NF and BC could put this to bed by pissing off and trying to find other guys to be their assistant managers.

It's not just CC's doing.

What did you mean by your last question?

You and i wil never agree about what he should have said, i can live with that. You also said i'm on dangerous ground because of my assumptions. I dont think so, he said a while ago he did not know what was on offer from the clubs, i dont believe him.

His agent will certainly know, he met Shteve and he speaks to Hughton daily. Do you honestly expect me to believe they never spoke about the terms of any contract he'd receive?

Geo_1875
14-07-2011, 01:52 PM

There is nothing on offer from either Brum or Forest as neither have been given permission to approach/discuss/offer anything to CC. He may know what he'll get IF he goes but there is nothing olfficial or in writing as that would be tapping up and that would get them in trouble with the football authorities. So it must all be supposition on our part.

Hibiza
14-07-2011, 02:00 PM
make your mind up Mr banal. in fact just gtf as soon as .

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 02:01 PM
There is nothing on offer from either Brum or Forest as neither have been given permission to approach/discuss/offer anything to CC. He may know what he'll get IF he goes but there is nothing olfficial or in writing as that would be tapping up and that would get them in trouble with the football authorities. So it must all be supposition on our part.

Exactly, although he did say he knew nothing about any offers, yet speaks to Hughton daily. I wonder what they talk about?????:wink:

Not exactly telling the whole truth dont you think? :wink:

HibsMax
14-07-2011, 03:34 PM
You and i wil never agree about what he should have said, i can live with that. You also said i'm on dangerous ground because of my assumptions. I dont think so, he said a while ago he did not know what was on offer from the clubs, i dont believe him.
We might not be as far apart as you think. I agree that if he was to have said right from the getgo, that he was not going anywhere, there would be less speculation about what is going on. My point is that it's been proven before that it doesn't matter what the manager says, it counts for nothing (sometimes). RP could have said CC is going nowhere. CC could have said the same. That would have probably made the fans feel better in the short-term but if we was to end up leaving, we would still be in the same mess, albeit without a 3000+ post thread to keep us entertained. ;) The only reason I said you are on dangerous ground is because I don't think it's a good idea to call people liars. Personally speaking I could give two ****s, I'm just commenting on the stuff you read about people / websites getting into trouble about posting certain material. Just looking out for ya. :)

His agent will certainly know, he met Shteve and he speaks to Hughton daily. Do you honestly expect me to believe they never spoke about the terms of any contract he'd receive?
You can believe what you want. I am not saying it's far-fetched. Chances are he knows exactly what is on offer. From both teams. But I don't know that.

I think that one of the major causes of disagreement in this whole thing is that there are people who are forming an opinion based on what they know whereas others are forming their own opinion based on what they think. I'm certainly not saying you are wrong. I'm not asking you to change your mind. I'm just making a distinction between what we know and what we think we know. If Notts Forest KNOW that CC ONLY wants to be at Notts Forest, why are Birmingham even still in the picture? That doesn't add up, especially if they are all talking on a daily basis.

HibsMax
14-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Exactly, although he did say he knew nothing about any offers, yet speaks to Hughton daily. I wonder what they talk about?????:wink:

You wonder what they talk about? You mean you don't know? :wink:

Geo_1875
14-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Why do you WONDER what they talk about when you've told the world and his dog that you KNOW what they've been discussing.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Why do you WONDER what they talk about when you've told the world and his dog that you KNOW what they've been discussing.

The dog just wanted me to confirm it.:rolleyes:

darwenhibby
14-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I just wish it would get sorted out one way or another:rolleyes:

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Thats good to hear.

My outburst last night is very uncharacteristic of me, but I've just had enough of this whole situation.

I feel you're pain:wink:

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 04:42 PM
If Notts Forest KNOW that CC ONLY wants to be at Notts Forest, why are Birmingham even still in the picture? That doesn't add up, especially if they are all talking on a daily basis.

Thats my take on this. If they have spoken to CC in detail then they know the details of the (fabled?) release clause. Just pay the REMOVED thing. I cannot comprehend that all this REMOVED about is over a couple of hundred grand or the like.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Thats my take on this. If they have spoken to CC in detail then they know the details of the (fabled?) release clause. Just pay the thing. I cannot comprehend that all this about is over a couple of hundred grand or the like.

You miss the main point in this though, none of those involved give a toss about Hibs, Calderwood certainly doesnt imo.

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 04:57 PM
You miss the main point in this though, none of those involved give a toss about Hibs, Calderwood certainly doesnt imo.

Its a matter of opinion but I feel he has been more respectful to Hibs than either McLeish or Mowbray who are revered by some on here. He hasnt mumped and moaned like some more recent managers either.

proud_and_green
14-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Its a matter of opinion but I feel he has been more respectful to Hibs than either McLeish or Mowbray who are revered by some on here. He hasnt mumped and moaned like some more recent managers either.

Agree 100% with this. The problem is that there are some people who just love to have something to be unhappy about.

I once knew someone who it was absolutely true that he enjoyed ill-health.

CC is damned if says anything and damned if he says nothing, damned if he does anything and damned if he does nothing but while doing that nothing carries on with his day job, because clearly he is not in the slightest bit interested in the team, the job, the fans, the country, football etc etc!!!

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Again i disagree, his actions HAVE caused unrest, there's no doubting that imo.

IWasThere2016
14-07-2011, 06:14 PM

:agree: Spot on IMO.

IWasThere2016
14-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Agree 100% with this. The problem is that there are some people who just love to have something to be unhappy about.

CC is damned if says anything and damned if he says nothing, damned if he does anything and damned if he does nothing but while doing that nothing carries on with his day job, because clearly he is not in the slightest bit interested in the team, the job, the fans, the country, football etc etc!!!

:agree: Spot on IMO.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 06:26 PM

To be fair to him, he's REMOVED all to mump and moan about. He knew where Edinburgh was when he took the job, he knew he was getting more than a 5 times a year wage rise, and he knew what his budget would be.

The only people who deserved the right to mump and moan were those folk who turned up to watch his team.

Spike Mandela
14-07-2011, 06:28 PM

He wants to go and will go if the compo is agreed is what he is saying. His statements read as if it is nothing to do with him and he is washing his hands of the responsibility of making the decision.

If he wanted to stay he just needs to simply say so and tell Birmingham and Notts Forest this is the case publically.

If RP rejects approaches again I predict a 'dead man walking' scenario where CC will get more and more disenchanted till he leaves acrimoniously.

Time to stop making excuses for the man when it is easy sorted.

3pm
14-07-2011, 06:31 PM
This is pretty f***** boring now.

matty_f
14-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I take it Monday's report of a renewed bid was just bollocks then? Surely if the reported bid met the reported release clause, and CC is as keen on the move as Birmingham and Forest seem to think he is, then it would be done and dusted by now.

Has this week been drawn out on the back of pishy speculative reporting from some journalist putting 2 and 2 together from the fact that Villa had to pay compensation to Birmingham? It certainly seems that way.:agree:

HFC 0-7
14-07-2011, 07:09 PM

I think CC was trying to be respectful to Hibs but because CC met with McLaren and this was made public through message boards it put him in a tough position. He couldnt come out and start saying he has talked about moving to NF as this would be deemed as tapping up. Instead hibs and CC remained silent for a long time until approaches started being made then they could come out and start saying that he will be staying and the 'bag of sweets' comments. We then have Birmingham where CC has said that he speaks to hughton on a regular basis and we all know that they must have talked about the job.

So we know that CC met with Mclaren before there was an official approach and that CC speaks to Hughton on a regular basis and IMO if we dont accept that CC knows whats in those bags of sweets then we have our heads in the sand. If you knew there may be a job on offer and you could get details of pay etc from the manager as he was a friend, would you not have a word?

With all this in mind, IMO CC is being a bit dishonest as he will know whats on offer and will know if he wants to go or not. But as he knows that Petrie wont
let him go unless the compo is good enough CC will never say he wants away
as the fans will never forgive him.

IMO I would rather petrie just lets him go for 300K as CC wants away. We are in danger of starting a season with a manager that doesnt want to be here or losing CC right at the start of the season leaving the new manager with no time.

Beefster
14-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Again i disagree, his actions HAVE caused unrest, there's no doubting that imo.

Caused unrest where?

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Caused unrest where?

You must speak to other Hibs fans, well the ones i do are fed up with all this uncertainty.

He is the figurehead of our club, and his continued non commital is causing unrest whether you admit it or not.

BoltonHibee
14-07-2011, 07:34 PM
You must speak to other Hibs fans, well the ones i do are fed up with all this uncertainty.

He is the figurehead of our club, and his continued non commital is causing unrest whether you admit it or not.

I think you are whipping up unnecessary hysteria in your own mind. Why don't you just relax, you know he is going nowhere, and contribute something a little more positive on other threads.

Why don't you update your Stanley Road list, that should keep you occupied for a wee while...

marinello59
14-07-2011, 07:38 PM
To be fair to him, he's REMOVED all to mump and moan about. He knew where Edinburgh was when he took the job, he knew he was getting more than a 5 times a year wage rise, and he knew what his budget would be.

The only people who deserved the right to mump and moan were those folk who turned up to watch his team.

I don't think that means it is compulsory to do so ad infinitum.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 07:39 PM
I think you are whipping up unnecessary hysteria in your own mind. Why don't you just relax, you know he is going nowhere, and contribute something a little more positive on other threads.

Why don't you update your Stanley Road list, that should keep you occupied for a wee while...

I'm striking you off the list, now lets get back to this hysteria. :wink:

BoltonHibee
14-07-2011, 07:41 PM

I wasn't going anyway, I'll not watch Hibs again until Calderwood has gone and then Petrie and then....:)

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I wasn't going anyway, I'll not watch Hibs again until Calderwood has gone and then Petrie and then....:)

:greengrin

Beefster
14-07-2011, 07:50 PM

I think the word 'unrest' makes it sound a bit more serious than it is, to be honest. If it was with the players or club, it would be unrest.

Some of the support are cheesed off with it, some never really worried about it in the first place and some of us have stopped caring - life's too short to be stressing about this for weeks, what happens happens.

jdships
14-07-2011, 08:00 PM
This is pretty f***** boring now.

3800+ posts and how many of them contain information that is FACT ?

Has any of the info posted on here come from an "Official Source " other than the one statement from the Chairman .?

:confused:

Bostonhibby
14-07-2011, 08:19 PM

:greengrin was getting fed up of the whole thread TBH as everything that can be said or speculated about on the subject seemed to have been done several times over, but now hysteria is mentioned - put me down for some please.

matty_f
14-07-2011, 08:22 PM
:greengrin was getting fed up of the whole thread TBH as everything that can be said or speculated about on the subject seemed to have been done several times over, but now hysteria is mentioned - put me down for some please.

Think everyone's the same with this situation.

If he does eventually go, I think the news will probably be met with the biggest load of indifference that hibs.net has ever seen. :greengrin

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 08:28 PM
So we know that CC met with Mclaren before there was an official approach and that CC speaks to Hughton on a regular basis and IMO if we dont accept that CC knows whats in those bags of sweets then we have our heads in the sand. If you knew there may be a job on offer and you could get details of pay etc from the manager as he was a friend, would you not have a word?

With all this in mind, IMO CC is being a bit dishonest as he will know whats on offer and will know if he wants to go or not. But as he knows that Petrie wont
let him go unless the compo is good enough CC will never say he wants away
as the fans will never forgive him.

Your argument, while based on a lot of guess work, is logical in that CC and others have discussed job and duties etc. If you accept this has happened then you also need to accept that the compensation package has also been discussed in detail but these clubs are, alledgedly, still pursuing their target a month later. It beggars belief and this, to me at least, pretty much disqualify's the first part.

There is no official confirmation from Hibs, Brum, CC or Hughton that Brum are even interested. Only been a three comments (two from Hibs, one from Shteve) suggesting that Forest are interested. The rest is gossip.

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 08:36 PM

He could have trotted out the usual nonsense about not getting to sign his main targets, having to work with other folks players, not getting support from the board, the board signing players or not being allowed an assistant manager. Things that get regurgitated on here and passed of as fact. It would have been lapped up on here.

He hasnt.

He is not the messiah. In fact I am not yet convinced he's even that good but there are some good signs and he deserves the chance to show us what he can do, if he wants it that is.

I didnt know we paid him 5 times what he was on at Newcastle?

ArabHibee
14-07-2011, 08:53 PM

lapsedhibee
14-07-2011, 09:06 PM

Yep, if at last we're moving on from lazy-journo speculation to genuinely interesting gastroenterical diseases, put me in the C.Difficile camp. :agree:

matty_f
14-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Your argument, while based on a lot of guess work, is logical in that CC and others have discussed job and duties etc. If you accept this has happened then you also need to accept that the compensation package has also been discussed in detail but these clubs are, alledgedly, still pursuing their target a month later. It beggars belief and this, to me at least, pretty much disqualify's the first part.

There is no official confirmation from Hibs, Brum, CC or Hughton that Brum are even interested. Only been a three comments (two from Hibs, one from Shteve) suggesting that Forest are interested. The rest is gossip.

Houghton has been filmed on SSN saying that they're interested, that they're in discussion with Hibs (though God knows who they're speaking to because it would appear it's not coming through formal channels) but he also said he respected that he was Hibs manager and that Hibs wanted to keep him.

The Falcon
14-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Houghton has been filmed on SSN saying that they're interested, that they're in discussion with Hibs (though God knows who they're speaking to because it would appear it's not coming through formal channels) but he also said he respected that he was Hibs manager and that Hibs wanted to keep him.

Must have missed that one. Maybe I nodded off:greengrin

matty_f
14-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Must have missed that one. Maybe I nodded off:greengrin

I'm sure it was the Monday after the East Fife win that he said it (you know, after Calderwood said he wanted to be Hibs' manager!).

I wonder if CC is bi-polar and has no intention of going anywhere but has just been stringing everyone along and it's gotten out of hand.:greengrin

down-the-slope
14-07-2011, 10:43 PM
bed wetters.....having a lovely summer :rolleyes:

proud_and_green
14-07-2011, 10:50 PM
He wants to go and will go if the compo is agreed is what he is saying. His statements read as if it is nothing to do with him and he is washing his hands of the responsibility of making the decision.

If he wanted to stay he just needs to simply say so and tell Birmingham and Notts Forest this is the case publically.

If RP rejects approaches again I predict a 'dead man walking' scenario where CC will get more and more disenchanted till he leaves acrimoniously.

Time to stop making excuses for the man when it is easy sorted.

Utter nonsense, time to stop putting words in his mouth and thoughts in his head. And creating a self fullfilling prophecy. He has done exactly what we would have expected of him had it not been for the fact that NF came out and, imo out of order, said they were after him - a situation which was exacerbated by all the speculation on here, other forums and in the press.

He has said that he wants to be manager of Hibs. Sorry, but i have no problem with that.

He has said that he will be Hibs manager until sucjh time that he is either sacked or someone buys out his contract. Again, apologies, i have no problem with that either. Considerably more honest than some of our previous managers.

WTF more can he say!!

Oh and by the way he is still managing the team and the players are responding to him!!

I would love to see some of the people giving **** on here to CC putting up with even 0.1% of the **** he has had to in their own jobs.

Behave yourselves!

down-the-slope
14-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Utter nonsense, time to stop putting words in his mouth and thoughts in his head. And creating a self fullfilling prophecy. He has done exactly what we would have expected of him had it not been for the fact that NF came out and, imo out of order, said they were after him - a situation which was exacerbated by all the speculation on here, other forums and in the press.

He has said that he wants to be manager of Hibs. Sorry, but i have no problem with that.

He has said that he will be Hibs manager until sucjh time that he is either sacked or someone buys out his contract. Again, apologies, i have no problem with that either. Considerably more honest than some of our previous managers.

WTF more can he say!!

Oh and by the way he is still managing the team and the players are responding to him!!

I would love to see some of the people giving **** on here to CC putting up with even 0.1% of the **** he has had to in their own jobs.

Behave yourselves!

Flowery but :agree:

Spike Mandela
14-07-2011, 11:41 PM

WTF more can he say!!

Behave yourselves!

There is none so blind as those who will not see.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Is this a rodders master plan to create a siege mentality ;)

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Maybe we should start a new thread that contains nothing but fact. No speculation. No editorials. No opinion. No commentary. Just facts.

It will be 1% the length of this one and I'm being generous with my rounding.

Hold on. Silly me. This isn't a courtroom.

Iain G
15-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Maybe we should start a new thread that contains nothing but fact. No speculation. No editorials. No opinion. No commentary. Just facts.

The basic fact is still that unless Forest or Brum come up with the right amount of cash to release Colin from his contract then he will be Hibs manager going into the new season.

That they have failed to get this sorted over what is a long drawn out process suggests they won't or can't get the money together to tempt Hibs to allow him to formally discuss terms with either of these clubs.

TrickyNicky
15-07-2011, 03:45 AM

Appellant folks ken what's gaun oan here likes !:wink:

The Voice Of Reason
15-07-2011, 06:22 AM
We should just let Calderwood go and accept a bag of Kola Kubes or Bon Bons as compensation payment (often a tough decision to choose which bag of sweeties one wants). :agree:

No great loss anyway, his Assistant Manager (the invisible man) can take over.:rolleyes:

The one shining light in all of this unfortunate, long, drawnout and now boring affair is that throughout it all, our manager/talisman/leader/ambassador (Colin Calderwood) has stated his undying desire to remain as manager of our great club - one that HE chose to come to in the knowledge that we are based in Edinburgh (Scotland). It is that desire that has served to keep our spirits up as fans and ensure that we are looking forward with glee to the start of another season in what is the finest league in the world. :agree:

I for one am confident that we will put Celtic to the sword in the first game of the season at a packed, vibrant Easter Road. Scott Brown and co will no doubt be having sleepless nights at the though of coming up against the likes of Edwin De Graaf, Lewis Stevenson, Ian Hart, Ian Murray etc.

Hibs Till I Die.

Beefster
15-07-2011, 06:46 AM
We should just let Calderwood go and accept a bag of Kola Kubes or Bon Bons as compensation payment (often a tough decision to choose which bag of sweeties one wants). :agree:

No great loss anyway, his Assistant Manager (the invisible man) can take over.:rolleyes:

The one shining light in all of this unfortunate, long, drawnout and now boring affair is that throughout it all, our manager/talisman/leader/ambassador (Colin Calderwood) has stated his undying desire to remain as manager of our great club - one that HE chose to come to in the knowledge that we are based in Edinburgh (Scotland). It is that desire that has served to keep our spirits up as fans and ensure that we are looking forward with glee to the start of another season in what is the finest league in the world. :agree:

I for one am confident that we will put Celtic to the sword in the first game of the season at a packed, vibrant Easter Road. Scott Brown and co will no doubt be having sleepless nights at the though of coming up against the likes of Edwin De Graaf, Lewis Stevenson, Ian Hart, Ian Murray etc.

Hibs Till I Die.

I don't think that there's any need to single him out for sarcasm. I thought that he was great as John Lennon in 'Backbeat'.

The Falcon
15-07-2011, 07:27 AM
There is none so blind as those who will not see.

Do you worry that the Sun wont rise in the morning?

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Do you worry that the Sun wont rise in the morning?
Well stranger things have happened with the NoTW ;)

joe breezy
15-07-2011, 08:45 AM
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2011/07/14/birmingham-city-chris-hughton-targets-new-coach-to-join-st-andrew-s-set-up-97319-29049885/

persevere1875
15-07-2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2011/07/14/birmingham-city-chris-hughton-targets-new-coach-to-join-st-andrew-s-set-up-97319-29049885/

The Paul Trollope bit just confirms what Ive said on this thread before, if that bit does indeed turn out to be fact, you've got to wonder whether or not the addition of Calderwood aswell is just pure speculation, or if indeed Birmingham have given up the chase ,why would you want two first team coaches ?

GloryGlory
15-07-2011, 09:52 AM
The Paul Trollope bit just confirms what Ive said on this thread before, if that bit does indeed turn out to be fact, you've got to wonder whether or not the addition of Calderwood aswell is just pure speculation, or if indeed Birmingham have given up the chase ,why would you want two first team coaches ?

Would his role not be similar to Gareth Evans when Derek Adams was here?

persevere1875
15-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Would his role not be similar to Gareth Evans when Derek Adams was here?

Cant see either of them playing second fiddle to one another especially as they've both been managers in their own right ???

Stevie Reid
15-07-2011, 10:20 AM
I've been far from Calderwood's biggest fan and though I have never wanted him sacked, at times I've been hugely critical of him on this board - despite our dreadful finish to the season I was happy for him to lead us into the new season, and was happy with the calibre of our signings thus far.

When it became apparent that the interest from Birminghman and Forest was genuine and that CC seemed very much interested in going, I was rather hopeful that we may end up going into the new season reinvigorated from these new signings and a new manager to replace CC, but that hope evaporated a couple of weeks back - it now looks very much like Calderwood will be staying, and I have to say that after being quite exasperated for a short time, I now feel rather relaxed about the situation.

I remember the season before last when Dundee Utd looked like our only real rivals for 3rd place heading into Xmas, when Craig Levein left to become Scotland manager - I, and many others, were delighted as it looked like the sort of move that would completely unsettle them. Over Xmas they struggled (1 point out of 12 and only one goal scored in a 7-1 hiding from Rangers), whilst having to deal with a messy situation in their pursuit of Pat Fenlon, which dragged on before they were ultimately unsuccessful - when they finally appointed Peter Houston it was obvious that he was far from first choice.

However, from the moment Houston was appointed they barely looked back. I know Dundee Utd had a far better squad then than we do now, but it is an example of how such things can be put to one side fairly quickly. Football always throws up surprises and, from a Hibs point of view, rarely goes to plan - let's see what happens over the next few weeks.

joe breezy
15-07-2011, 12:32 PM
His keenness to go really put me off him. I was hoping he'd go, quite disappointed if he stays, hopefully he can put real focus into his job if he stays

Thomson
15-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Calderwood coming on SSN soon!!!

Franck is God
15-07-2011, 12:41 PM
His keenness to go really put me off him. I was hoping he'd go, quite disappointed if he stays, hopefully he can put real focus into his job if he stays

what has he said that suggests he is keen to go, do you have a quote from him or a made up one from the message boards?

this is really starting to just pi** me off now.

He said that 'if' Hibs accepted a compensation package with a side in England he would have to consider it and a lot of things would need to be taken into account including the location of his family.

He also said only last week that he was glad the attention had dropped a bit so he could get on with his job, he said that there was more written than had actually been said, that he was happy to be Hibs manager and until someone tells him otherwise he'll get on with the job.

Why can't everyone just be a fan of the club, get down to the ground tomorrow, support your team and make ER a place that no player and manager would ever want to leave rather than make it an easy decision.

joe breezy
15-07-2011, 12:46 PM
He could have said I live being in Edinburgh and I love working for Hibs, the latter obviously being re most important. He didn't he started talking about bags if sweets then eventually said he's happy being Hibs manager.

Didn't come across as very committed to me.

Franck is God
15-07-2011, 12:54 PM
He could have said I live being in Edinburgh and I love working for Hibs, the latter obviously being re most important. He didn't he started talking about bags if sweets then eventually said he's happy being Hibs manager.

Didn't come across as very committed to me.

Why does he have to say any of those things, he's not from Edinburgh, he spent his whole playing and managing career in England so maybe he wouldn't choose to live and work in Edinburgh.

The fact is that he did sign a long term deal and that shows enough commitment to me, I'm not interested in empty words as that's all they are.

Alex Mcleish said he'd be at Hibs for as long as we wanted him then left when Rangers called. Mowbray preached loyalty to all his players and kept telling us all that he had a job to do then left at the first decent offer.

joe breezy
15-07-2011, 12:56 PM
That was supposes to say love being in Edinburgh, iPhone keyboard fun

smurf
15-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Mowbray preached loyalty to all his players and kept telling us all that he had a job to do then left at the first decent offer.

No he didn't. And he had made it clear towards the end of season 2005-2006 that he didn't see himself as an SPL Manager long term.

I think it's safe to assume that if in April 2005 Mowbray had been linked back down south with a coaching job he would have ruled it out.:wink:

Captain Trips
15-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Why does he have to say any of those things, he's not from Edinburgh, he spent his whole playing and managing career in England so maybe he wouldn't choose to live and work in Edinburgh.

The fact is that he did sign a long term deal and that shows enough commitment to me, I'm not interested in empty words as that's all they are.

Alex Mcleish said he'd be at Hibs for as long as we wanted him then left when Rangers called. Mowbray preached loyalty to all his players and kept telling us all that he had a job to do then left at the first decent offer.

Indeed both managers did say that but I think we all know that most if not all players and managers may say something and weeks or months later go back on it as they have had a better offer, I presume all our players would go if offered more money.

However it is a difficult position as with Eck and Mowbray I guess you have to go with what they said at time, some will believe some will take it with big pinch of salt. CC seems to be more open to moving in his wording which IMO is not the right thing to do either, is it better just to say one thing and then only weeks later do something else? In certain circumstances I would guess it is.

As it stands now I feel we have a manager whom although probably being honest is also in that not showing the commitment needed to continue in the long term, even if it turned out to be bull if CC had said I want to stay no matter what then we would probably only have a thread half the size, CC may have been not honest if done that but we would have had to take him on that like we do with most statements made. I do not think honesty in this particular case is good for the club in securing players and securing income at the gate.

I would say it be best if Hibs parted company with CC asap.

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Indeed both managers did say that but I think we all know that most if not all players and managers may say something and weeks or months later go back on it as they have had a better offer, I presume all our players would go if offered more money.
which kinda makes it a little more silly for people to get getting upset over what has (not) been said over that last few weeks. We all know that it is little more than lip-service.

As it stands now I feel we have a manager whom although probably being honest is also in that not showing the commitment needed to continue in the long term, even if it turned out to be bull if CC had said I want to stay no matter what then we would probably only have a thread half the size, CC may have been not honest if done that but we would have had to take him on that like we do with most statements made. I do not think honesty in this particular case is good for the club in securing players and securing income at the gate.

I would say it be best if Hibs parted company with CC asap.

He's still working with the team. He's still looking at new players. Other than the fact that he hasn't cut himself to show us he bleeds green, what else is he doing in his day-to-day job that would lead you to believe he is not committed to doing the job at hand?

Franck is God
15-07-2011, 01:15 PM
No he didn't. And he had made it clear towards the end of season 2005-2006 that he didn't see himself as an SPL Manager long term.

I think it's safe to assume that if in April 2005 Mowbray had been linked back down south with a coaching job he would have ruled it out.:wink:

Quite right too, any player or manager with any kind of ambition should never be satisfied with the SPL.

I'm sorry, when Mowbray turned down Ipswich in the summer of 2006 he said he had unfinished business at Hibs, it must have only taken him a few months to finish it though as he then buggered off to West Brom....

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Quite right too, any player or manager with any kind of ambition should never be satisfied with the SPL.

I'm sorry, when Mowbray turned down Ipswich in the summer of 2006 he said he had unfinished business at Hibs, it must have only taken him a few months to finish it though as he then buggered off to West Brom....

Maybe his unfinished business was getting an offer from West Brom. ;)

Stevie Reid
15-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't really care what our managers say, I care what they do, and McLeish and Mowbray left us in much better shape than we were when they arrived - that is the sign of a good manager. Any Hibs manager will obviously have to leave us at some point - faced with a choice between a manager who will move on elsewhere due to being a success, and a manager who will hang around until we ultimately get worse and he gets the sack, I know who I would choose every time.

FWIW, McLeish's "I'll be here for as long as you want me" statement was clearly in reference to the speculation surrounding the Aberdeen job at the time, and was delivered on an emotional day at ER. It served it's purpose for the time, put the speculation surrounding that job to bed and allowed him to carry on doing a very good job as Hibs manager for the next couple of years. I can't believe that some people honestly believe he would have turned down the Rangers job to stay with us forever because of that statement.

Captain Trips
15-07-2011, 01:24 PM
which kinda makes it a little more silly for people to get getting upset over what has (not) been said over that last few weeks. We all know that it is little more than lip-service.

He's still working with the team. He's still looking at new players. Other than the fact that he hasn't cut himself to show us he bleeds green, what else is he doing in his day-to-day job that would lead you to believe he is not committed to doing the job at hand?

Looking at players is not buying them, I do not know what else goes on at training all I can say is on what he has said he doesnt seem to want this job as much as I think is needed. Lip service can only be applied after the fact and as I stated if CC had just said not interested in moving got a job to do and 5 weeks later he leaves at least then the stuff levelled at CC will be about a manager now away and a lot of focus would be on a replacement.

IMo I do not want to hear players discussing moves away if the right offer comes in we all know they will but it serves no great purpose to have doubts about peoples future at the club. It would serve me no purpose to talk about moving jobs in my work for something better yet my managers I assume all know we would quit if got more pay or better conditions it isnt right to talk of other possible jobs openly while doing a job at time. Lip service has its place and we take Ecks comments with pinch of salt but they are comments made and you cannot argue really until he does go that it was lip service even if you truly believe it is at time. CC should have given us that and we could then complain about him after he left as it is now people are while he is here that cannot be good.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Just watched his latest comical interview, he actually said he's aware it affects the club and the fans, yet still wont stop it by committing to the club. I wonder if he actually knows he can?:rolleyes:

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Looking at players is not buying them
Oh c'mon, that's nit-picking. Would we rather he buys players blindly? It's all part of due process. He has to see these players firsthand to determine whether or not to sign them.

, I do not know what else goes on at training all I can say is on what he has said he doesnt seem to want this job as much as I think is needed. Lip service can only be applied after the fact and as I stated if CC had just said not interested in moving got a job to do and 5 weeks later he leaves at least then the stuff levelled at CC will be about a manager now away and a lot of focus would be on a replacement.
Not sure how lip service can only be applied after the fact? You can tell people what they want to hear whenever, doesn't have to be after you've done something.

IMo I do not want to hear players discussing moves away if the right offer comes in we all know they will but it serves no great purpose to have doubts about peoples future at the club. It would serve me no purpose to talk about moving jobs in my work for something better yet my managers I assume all know we would quit if got more pay or better conditions it isnt right to talk of other possible jobs openly while doing a job at time.
Agreed. It would have been much better if nothing was said at all but we both know that would not have appeased anyone. As soon as the speculation came out it needed to be addressed. CC had three choices:
1. say nothing,
2. say he was going nowhere,
3. admit that he was interested.

He picked option 3 and then as they say, the rest is history. Us talking about it is what is keeping it alive more than anything else.

Lip service has its place and we take Ecks comments with pinch of salt but they are comments made and you cannot argue really until he does go that it was lip service even if you truly believe it is at time. CC should have given us that and we could then complain about him after he left as it is now people are while he is here that cannot be good.

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. I hear what you're saying. If he lied to us and left then we would be raging THEN as opposed to NOW. People are upset now because he didn't rule out a move, but that's not to say that he will actually leave.

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Just watched his latest comical interview, he actually said he's aware it affects the club and the fans, yet still wont stop it by committing to the club. I wonder if he actually knows he can?:rolleyes:

Do you have link, BH? I love watching his interviews. :)

Captain Trips
15-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh c'mon, that's nit-picking. Would we rather he buys players blindly? It's all part of due process. He has to see these players firsthand to determine whether or not to sign them.

Not sure how lip service can only be applied after the fact? You can tell people what they want to hear whenever, doesn't have to be after you've done something.

Agreed. It would have been much better if nothing was said at all but we both know that would not have appeased anyone. As soon as the speculation came out it needed to be addressed. CC had three choices:
1. say nothing,

He picked option 3 and then as they say, the rest is history. Us talking about it is what is keeping it alive more than anything else.

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. I hear what you're saying. If he lied to us and left then we would be raging THEN as opposed to NOW. People are upset now because he didn't rule out a move, but that's not to say that he will actually leave.

Actions do speak louder and there was a lot before this all came out, there has been very little action since IMO. I have found in football when players or managers mention something of a possibilty away from a current club 99/100 it occurs. IMO CC would like to move away and I think he will with what is left behind at ER a secondary concern.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Do you have link, BH? I love watching his interviews. :)

Afraid not, but it was on sky.

IanM
15-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I dont think i've contributed to this thread yet

CC out
CC in
CC out
CC in
CC out
CC in
CC out
CC in
CC out
CC in

RickyS
15-07-2011, 02:07 PM

1. say nothing,

no, but its a process that should have been ongoing since he arrived. he should know by now who he wants, most other teams have managed to supplement their squads. the only thing that is holding us back is Rod not sanctioning signings because we all know CC does not want to be here

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I dont think i've contributed to this thread yet

CC out
CC in
CC out
CC in
CC out
CC in
CC out
CC in
CC out
CC in

Shake it all about, you do the cc shuffle and you turn around, thats what its all about hey.

Captain Trips
15-07-2011, 02:09 PM
CC coming up on SSN it says.

yekimevol
15-07-2011, 02:45 PM
when the ipswich offer came up for mogga he said that he would not take a side step in his career, he was offered more money at ipswich and never took it that shows a certain about of loyalty.

he said he would only leave when a side he could or was in the epl came in. That just happend to be 3 months later.

3pm
15-07-2011, 02:48 PM
He looks as pissed off as us judging by the interview.

GloryGlory
15-07-2011, 02:53 PM
He looks as pissed off as us judging by the interview.

What did he say?

yekimevol
15-07-2011, 02:55 PM
anyone got a link to the interview ?

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Nothing mentioned in the Newsletter either. Business as usual. C'mon Caldo!!!!!

matty_f
15-07-2011, 03:12 PM
anyone got a link to the interview ?

Had a quick look on the SSN website and couldn't find it. Would someone mind giving us the gist of what was said in the interview?

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 03:13 PM
no, but its a process that should have been ongoing since he arrived.
And you know that it hasn't?

he should know by now who he wants,
Maybe he did know who he wanted but they fell through? I believe that is what is supposed to have happened with the two exciting strikers that never arrived.

most other teams have managed to supplement their squads.
Including Hibs (including January signings). Don't get me wrong, we need more players and having the finished article sooner rather than later is the #1 preference but I don't want us to rush into making panic buys just to keep the fans happy.

the only thing that is holding us back is Rod not sanctioning signings because we all know CC does not want to be here
Really? Seems like a waste of time us having two trialists with us, no?

3pm
15-07-2011, 03:38 PM
What did he say?

Nothing new to be honest, there hadn't been much development over the last 10-14 days.

It's more a body language thing if I am honest. He just looks like he is desperate for it to be resolved.

silverhibee
15-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Had a quick look on the SSN website and couldn't find it. Would someone mind giving us the gist of what was said in the interview?

Just saying that he has not spoken to BC or NF. :rolleyes:

Next he will be telling us he is not the man in the photo that was taken and started this circus off.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Looked very uncomfortable imo when asked if he was staying. He then said this had not affected anything, training was going along as expected, then in his next breath said it had affected the club and the fans.

If he's staying why cant he say so? Why cant he say i have seen the offers from both clubs, but i'm staying at Hibs? That would put an end to it affecting the club, why has he not done this?

Geo_1875
15-07-2011, 03:44 PM

If he came out and said he wants to stay would you believe him? Or would you turn on him for lying?

3pm
15-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Interview coming on SSN in 2 mins.

silverhibee
15-07-2011, 03:46 PM
CC on next after the break. SSN.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 03:56 PM
If he came out and said he wants to stay would you believe him? Or would you turn on him for lying?

Would he be lying?

smurf
15-07-2011, 04:01 PM
No doubt from what he's saying and his body language he's entirely comfortable in his position at Easter Road. Definitely a guy not looking for the exit.

Franck is God
15-07-2011, 04:21 PM
No doubt from what he's saying and his body language he's entirely comfortable in his position at Easter Road. Definitely a guy not looking for the exit.

Agree 100% with this assessment.

I've said this to a lot of my football supporting pals, if he has one good season with Hibs then he will put himself into a great position to get a much better job in England next year as a manager whereas if he were to make a fuss now to take on an assistants position that is all he'll ever be.

matty_f
15-07-2011, 04:22 PM

:agree: I haven't seen it but I'm happy to take the word of body language experts like yourself. GTF Calderwood, direspectful sod!

FWIW, I reckon CC's looked uncomfortable in practically all of his interviews, even after victories.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Why wont he say that then? I disagree, thought he looked awkward when asked if he was staying.

HibeeSince85
15-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't really care what our managers say, I care what they do, and McLeish and Mowbray left us in much better shape than we were when they arrived - that is the sign of a good manager. Any Hibs manager will obviously have to leave us at some point - faced with a choice between a manager who will move on elsewhere due to being a success, and a manager who will hang around until we ultimately get worse and he gets the sack, I know who I would choose every time.

FWIW, McLeish's "I'll be here for as long as you want me" statement was clearly in reference to the speculation surrounding the Aberdeen job at the time, and was delivered on an emotional day at ER. It served it's purpose for the time, put the speculation surrounding that job to bed and allowed him to carry on doing a very good job as Hibs manager for the next couple of years. I can't believe that some people honestly believe he would have turned down the Rangers job to stay with us forever because of that statement.

Well said Stevie!

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Think that interview just done on SSN is the most positive for a while. An about face from that drivel after the Livi game. If we sign some players this week it will look a whole lot better.

hibs0666
15-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Agree 100% with this assessment.

I've said this to a lot of my football supporting pals, if he has one good season with Hibs then he will put himself into a great position to get a much better job in England next year as a manager whereas if he were to make a fuss now to take on an assistants position that is all he'll ever be.

This for me is the big reason why he'll stick around.

CallumLaidlaw
15-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Not sure if mentioned inthe last couple of pages but Paul Trollope has been appointed 1st team coach at Brum

Thomson
15-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I think he was more positive in that interview than he has been in a long time. I think maybe that he wants to go but doesn't think it will happen, so is now leaning more towards telling the fans that he's happy and he will do the job so he can get back into the good books again. :dunno:

smurf
15-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Why wont he say that then? I disagree, thought he looked awkward when asked if he was staying.

Sorry i was being sarcastic. No doubt in my mind that for whatever reason CC doesn't want to be here.

Think i will duck out of this debate for now.:wink:

Removed
15-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Why wont he say that then?

I think there is more in what he doesn't say than what he does.

My money is still on him not being in the home dugout a week on Sunday.

PaulSmith
15-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Me, drawing a line under the whole episode and concentrating on getting behind the team.

matty_f
15-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Me, drawing a line under the whole episode and concentrating on getting behind the team.

Think that's something we all need to be doing, to be honest.:agree:

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 06:52 PM

Fixed that for you. :wink:

SmokieJoe
15-07-2011, 08:06 PM

But to be fair to Mogga the best group of youth players since the man u group, eg scholes/giggs/neville bros/to name but a few, they were all sold from underneath him.

Keith_M
15-07-2011, 08:11 PM
98 pages!

We're getting nearer to the magic 100....

....and he's still here :greengrin

Jonnyboy
15-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Conversation overheard in the witness room of the High Court in Edinburgh

QC to witness "You ready then, all set?"

Witness "I'm really nervous but I'll be ok because I'll just tell the truth"

QC to witness "Dinnae be daft son, this is a court of law, nobody tells the truth"

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 08:52 PM

QC to witness "Dinnae be daft son, this is a court of law, nobody tells the truth"

:thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
15-07-2011, 09:00 PM
But to be fair to Mogga the best group of youth players since the man u group, eg scholes/giggs/neville bros/to name but a few, they were all sold from underneath him.

Have another go. You made an erse of that little pop. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
15-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Bit about CC coming on SSN next, sorry if it's old news or has been on earlier in the day.

HibeeMG
15-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Interview with CC and a wee bit with GO'C from SSN ......

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16480_7038495,00.html

matty_f
15-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Interview with CC and a wee bit with GO'C from SSN ......

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16480_7038495,00.html

Cheers for the link - just watched it and I think it looks more likely that CC will be here and that he's comfortable with it. Which is good, IMHO.

HibeeMG
15-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Cheers for the link - just watched it and I think it looks more likely that CC will be here and that he's comfortable with it. Which is good, IMHO.

Yep, my take on it too.

All we need now is some quality added to the squad and all will be forgotten!

Franck is God
15-07-2011, 10:09 PM

Don't want to really kick off the Mowbray debate again but....Murray allowed his deal to run out and left as did Riordan, O'Connor was the only player that was sold from his team, he only managed the side without Riordan & Murray for about 15 games and he had already been able to bring in Zemmama, Benji & Jones as able replacements and because they were pretty much unknowns they didn't cost a lot either.

Anyway I only brought him up because he talked the talk to the fans and the media yet gave not a second thought when a better job came along and then showed no respect to the club that gave him his big break by joining in 'that huddle' at ER as manager of Sellick in another carefully calculated bit of personal PR to his new home fans.

I'd rather have an honest man in charge that knows what it means to have a contract and stick to it which CC is showing all the signs of doing.

PapillonVert
15-07-2011, 10:17 PM

Ouch! But the reason jokes work is because somewhere therein lies a grain of truth!

greenginger
15-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Passed along Albion Road this evening and there is huge advert poster on the side of the Famous Five stand featuring C.C. about 20 feet high.

It will look bloody ridiculous if he leaves now so I'd guess he is staying.

Good thread while it lasted ! :greengrin:greengrin

HibsMax
15-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Passed along Albion Road this evening and there is huge advert poster on the side of the Famous Five stand featuring C.C. about 20 feet high.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

maybe it's there so fans can throw rotten tomatoes at it? :)

Jonnyboy
15-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Ouch! But the reason jokes work is because somewhere therein lies a grain of truth!

Believe it or not J, that's a true story :greengrin

HibeeSince85
15-07-2011, 10:28 PM

That's been there for ages pal!

PapillonVert
15-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Believe it or not J, that's a true story :greengrin

I believe you, John. I could come up with a few myself even although it's been a guid few years since I had cause to wander the corridors of Parliament House!

CapitalHibs
15-07-2011, 10:40 PM

A magnificent headed clearance by Petrie followed by a scrunching slide tackle and a pinpoint clearance out of play:greengrin

PapillonVert
15-07-2011, 10:50 PM
A magnificent headed clearance by Petrie followed by a scrunching slide tackle and a pinpoint clearance out of play:greengrin

And then suddenly, the ball's back in play and, oh my God, Petrie's slipped up there, he's not noticed the big guy coming up on the blindside with an absolute cruncher and suddenly Hibs are all at sea, they hadn't reckoned on this happening and, it's too late now, the game's over. Hard luck, Hibs, good try. Never mind, better luck next time.

matty_f
16-07-2011, 01:06 AM
A bit more from Calderwood here (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Calderwood-plans-to-be-in.6802482.jp?articlepage=1)

This article certainly seems to imply that the moves for CC were rejected and that they are in the past. It's definitely a change from the start of the week where they were reporting that another bid was in or was forthcoming.

darwenhibby
16-07-2011, 03:18 AM
I wish thet would sort it out one way or another:rolleyes:

I cant sleep because of it:yawn:

ecky1875
16-07-2011, 05:27 AM
"It's a privilege to be manager of Hibernian football club.
"That's something I will always look back on as an honour. That hasn't changed since the first day I came in here.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3698230/Calderwood-vow-on-future.html#ixzz1SF60nXrt
:paranoid:

IWasThere2016
16-07-2011, 05:30 AM
A bit more from Calderwood here (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Calderwood-plans-to-be-in.6802482.jp?articlepage=1)

This article certainly seems to imply that the moves for CC were rejected and that they are in the past. It's definitely a change from the start of the week where they were reporting that another bid was in or was forthcoming.

Good - and I sincerely hope you've called that implication correctly, M. CC can see the deficiencies left by the previous incompetent incumbent and hoppefully he will continue to address them all this window.

GGTTH :thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
16-07-2011, 06:04 AM
The whole affair and the way this has been handled has been embarrassing and destructive. And what does he mean by this ?

"The group have worked well and although we'll be short in lots of areas we've still got enough.
"We still need a bit of strength and depth in certain areas.

CC - which is it ? Do we have enough or not, and for what ? Avoiding relegation, top 6, Europe and cups ? What a mess you've got us into ! You've had the whole summer and 6 months to plan the replacement of a whole bunch of players, and it looks liked you've messed up that opportunity because of your self-centred distractions.

stevej
16-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Not sure if mentioned inthe last couple of pages but Paul Trollope has been appointed 1st team coach at Brum

Forest and Birmingham have both now appointed first team coaches.

Forest have appointed Rob Kelly.

Neither have appointed an assistant manager yet - I cannot speak for Birmingham but Forest have not made any comment over whether they are still hoping to get Calderwood or have turned their attention to somebody else

You guys mentioned the possibility of Alan Irvine replacing Calderwood a week ago (he went to Everton to head their academy)

The role Forest are trying to fill is Assistant Manager/Development Team Manager

Irvine with no compensation involved would have been perfect for that role for Forest why they didnt/dont look at assistant managers who are readily available I do not know

Still think Calderwood never takes the opportunity to put this to bed once and for all (you have to say that the only reason he is still with you is that neither club would pay what your chairman wants).

From following this closely and seeing his interviews I am certain if either club bit the bullet he would leave you the next day without hesitation even now so close to your season

(Thats not a dig or Hibs fault it is just the mindset you can tell he is in from every time he is asked if he is staying)

I think he is starting to realise though he may not get the chance to leave (so let's hope his marriage can survive living in Edinburgh !):greengrin

One thing for sure if he stays with you - he better deliver the results you want or I can see you guys turning on him very quickly - he has certainly added a lot of pressure on himself by his lack of commitment to your club IMO

I believe if this had happened at 90% of other UK clubs the manager would have been released one way or another

Only time will tell if the chairman forcing him to stay (if that seems likely to happen) was the correct decision

At least you start the season with an easy match !

snooky
16-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Neither have appointed an assistant manager yet - I cannot speak for Birmingham but Forest have not made any comment over whether they are still hoping to get Calderwood or have turned their attention to somebody else

You guys mentioned the possibility of Alan Irvine replacing Calderwood a week ago (he went to Everton to head their academy)

The role Forest are trying to fill is Assistant Manager/Development Team Manager

Irvine with no compensation involved would have been perfect for that role for Forest why they didnt/dont look at assistant managers who are readily available I do not know

Still think Calderwood never takes the opportunity to put this to bed once and for all (you have to say that the only reason he is still with you is that neither club would pay what your chairman wants).

From following this closely and seeing his interviews I am certain if either club bit the bullet he would leave you the next day without hesitation even now so close to your season

(Thats not a dig or Hibs fault it is just the mindset you can tell he is in from every time he is asked if he is staying)

I think he is starting to realise though he may not get the chance to leave (so let's hope his marriage can survive living in Edinburgh !):greengrin

One thing for sure if he stays with you - he better deliver the results you want or I can see you guys turning on him very quickly - he has certainly added a lot of pressure on himself by his lack of commitment to your club IMO

I believe if this had happened at 90% of other UK clubs the manager would have been released one way or another

Only time will tell if the chairman forcing him to stay (if that seems likely to happen) was the correct decision

:top marks
3908 posts and you've said it all in one.
Well done, SJ. :aok:

greenginger
16-07-2011, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=stevej;2858214]Forest and Birmingham have both now appointed first team coaches.

No one is forcing him to stay. All he needs to do is put his hand in his own pocket and pay the compensation fee he agreed to in the contract he signed.

Simples !! :grr:

matty_f
16-07-2011, 08:49 AM
The whole affair and the way this has been handled has been embarrassing and destructive. And what does he mean by this ?

"The group have worked well and although we'll be short in lots of areas we've still got enough.
"We still need a bit of strength and depth in certain areas.

CC - which is it ? Do we have enough or not, and for what ? Avoiding relegation, top 6, Europe and cups ? What a mess you've got us into ! You've had the whole summer and 6 months to plan the replacement of a whole bunch of players, and it looks liked you've messed up that opportunity because of your self-centred distractions.

Ranting folk ken whit's gaun' oan.

Don Giovanni
16-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Top post, stevej.

If only some of the posters on here would open their eyes and read between the lines...

jdships
16-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Top post, stevej.

If only some of the posters on here would open their eyes and read between the lines...

That is exactly the problem :confused:
Most people have been doing just that :wink:
How many who are posting on here , including myself, know the FACTS of the
matter ?.

Remember the journo's maxim
" Never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

:rolleyes:

jdships
16-07-2011, 09:31 AM

An awful lot of supposition in that post
What are the sources / what is fact and what is fiction ?
Do let us know ( grin)

:flag:

matty_f
16-07-2011, 09:36 AM
[/U][/B]

That is exactly the problem :confused:
Most people have been doing just that :wink:
How many who are posting on here , including myself, know the FACTS of the
matter ?.

Remember the journo's maxim
" Never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

:rolleyes:

The fact is that CC is still the Hibs manager. He says that (in the Sun article) the timing for someone leaving now would be bad for everyone and "that shouldn't happen."

For me, that's him saying he's not entertaining it now. I think he's doing the right thing by Hibs. "I want to be where I am now" - the Hibs manager.

He is confirming that he is committed here, IMHO.

We as a section of the support, can decide how long this drags on for. We can keep discussing it or we can put it to bed until such a time that it's either forgotten about, or something new happens to change the situation.

I don't think Forest or Birmingham will come back in for him, and I think the Board deserve credit for not putting money first in this case and doing what was right (IMHO) to protect Hibs by keeping the man they trust with the team.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 09:42 AM

The fact is that CC is still the Hibs manager. He says that (in the Sun article) the timing for someone leaving now would be bad for everyone and "that shouldn't happen."

For me, that's him saying he's not entertaining it now. I think he's doing the right thing by Hibs. "I want to be where I am now" - the Hibs manager.

He is confirming that he is committed here, IMHO.

We as a section of the support, can decide how long this drags on for. We can keep discussing it or we can put it to bed until such a time that it's either forgotten about, or something new happens to change the situation.

I don't think Forest or Birmingham will come back in for him, and I think the Board deserve credit for not putting money first in this case and doing what was right (IMHO) to protect Hibs by keeping the man they trust with the team.

You know what Matty, if he actually said he's staying. If he actually said i'm not going to either Birmingham or Forest, i'm staying here and will be Hibs manager next season. That would be him saying it, not some cryptic message.

Grow some balls Calderwood and tell us straight.

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Its no wonder he wants to leave, an awful lot of fans have have been on his case from day 1. These fans arent committed to the club.

Hibs.net is the root of the confusion, not the media opr the club.

Kudos to the man for being open and honest.
I suppose some people prefer to be lied to, ignorance is bliss and all that.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Its no wonder he wants to leave, an awful lot of fans have have been on his case from day 1. These fans arent committed to the club.

Name names.

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 09:50 AM
You know what Matty, if he actually said he's staying. If he actually said i'm not going to either Birmingham or Forest, i'm staying here and will be Hibs manager next season. That would be him saying it, not some cryptic message.

Its not up to calderwood. Petrie holds all the cards.
What exactly do you want him to say?

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 09:52 AM
I cant name names, what a ridiculous thing to ask. For me to answer you would assume i am taking notes.Or are you calling me a liar and saying that everyone has been behind him from day one?

However i can tell you that i have been reading negative posts about CC since he joined, and the abuse has got worse.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 09:55 AM
[/B]

Its not up to calderwood. Petrie holds all the cards.
What exactly do you want him to say?

Rubbish, there is no situation if Calderwood come out and says i want to be hibs manager, and i will be Hibs manager next season. Why does he have to say i will be Hibs manager until i'm either sacked or compensation is paid?

He actually said yesterday on tv he knows this affects the club and the supporters. He can, not Petrie stop it right now, by saying one sentence. I will be Hibs manager next season. Why wont he?

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 09:58 AM
If this was a game of football and there was confusion surrounding an incident what should the players do? Play to the whistle.

Everyone needs to settle down and stop tryning to guess what is happening.

Facts are we have had a decent pre season and we are continuing to sign/look at players.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2011, 09:59 AM

I think lot of fans clearly would like a very straight unambiguous comment from Calderwood and that's understandable.

And I think there's a few who have made their minds up regardless and would find a way to be enraged by whatever his comment was :greengrin

It seems like the easiest thing in the world would be for him to come out with some sort of platitude, some sort of mollycoddling statement to fans.I don't think he would be being straight though, and I don't think it would take balls.

At some point in time he will leave Hibs and like any other professionals there's no reason why he will depart with some abiding love for the club. For lots of guys like him it's just a job.

To my mind this means he is showing balls with his statements. He could have taken the easy option. He could have pacified folk and then upped sticks with no guilt because he's not got an emotional attachment to Hibs.

From the sounds of it, he's not done that though. He's been straight and straight isn't black and white, it's a shade of grey. A lot of people seem to struggle with that though.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I cant name names, what a ridiculous thing to ask. For me to answer you would assume i am taking notes.Or are you calling me a liar and saying that everyone has been behind him from day one?

However i can tell you that i have been reading negative posts about CC since he joined, and the abuse has got worse.

I dont remember anyone who was against him from day 1. And i read these boards every day. There might have been one or two who were not that excited about his appointment, but the overwhelming majority were fine with his appointment.

I'm not calling you a liar, but if Calderwood was reading these message boards from day one, i think he'd have been pleased about his reception.

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Because he is clearly interested in a move, but he has a contract and he is willing to honour that.

What will he achieve by coming out and saying he wants to leave when in fact he is willing to stay as well?

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I read hibs.net almost everyday too, as you say yourself, you cant remember.

Never said he wouldnt have been pleased.

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:07 AM
I think lot of fans clearly would like a very straight unambiguous comment from Calderwood and that's understandable.

And I think there's a few who have made their minds up regardless and would find a way to be enraged by whatever his comment was :greengrin

It seems like the easiest thing in the world would be for him to come out with some sort of platitude, some sort of mollycoddling statement to fans.I don't think he would be being straight though, and I don't think it would take balls.

At some point in time he will leave Hibs and like any other professionals there's no reason why he will depart with some abiding love for the club. For lots of guys like him it's just a job.

To my mind this means he is showing balls with his statements. He could have taken the easy option. He could have pacified folk and then upped sticks with no guilt because he's not got an emotional attachment to Hibs.

From the sounds of it, he's not done that though. He's been straight and straight isn't black and white, it's a shade of grey. A lot of people seem to struggle with that though.

Exactly, its a mibbies aye, mibbies naw

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 10:12 AM

So we now get back to commitment. It now seems ok for anyone who's employed by the club to say, i'm happy to sign for Hibs, but as soon as a better offer is on the table i'm off.

I know thats the case, i know players and managers will leave for better wages, but when we employ a manager, i certainly expect him to at least give the job a go. Not piss off after 9 months.

He's used us as a gap filler, it seems to me he knew he was getting the bullit at Newcastle, and thought i will take this to tide me over until something comes up in the midlands.

Its funny how his family problems have disappeared.

He will have had to sell himself at the interview, i bet he was not so no committal when he was in front of Petrie and Hyland.

The Falcon
16-07-2011, 10:13 AM
If he was desperate to go he would have went.

If Forest or Brum wanted him they would have paid the fee. Hughton's his mate and McLaren has the same agent so its quite a safe assumption they know what it is, and have probably known since day one.

The notion that anybody in the modern game at this level is "forced" to do anything is frankly ludicrous.

As for the team being unsettled I am in regular contact with a first team squad member who says that its business as usual. I even asked if there was not a bit of pisstaking going on and I was told he "was not that kind of guy".

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 10:15 AM
I read hibs.net almost everyday too, as you say yourself, you cant remember.

Never said he wouldnt have been pleased.

You actually said, Its no wonder he wants to leave, an awful lot of fans have have been on his case from day 1

I say thats wrong, there was never an awful lot of fans on his back from day 1.

The Falcon
16-07-2011, 10:16 AM
So we now get back to commitment. It now seems ok for anyone who's employed by the club to say, i'm happy to sign for Hibs, but as soon as a better offer is on the table i'm off.

I know thats the case, i know players and managers will leave for better wages, but when we employ a manager, i certainly expect him to at least give the job a go. Not piss off after 9 months.

He's used us as a gap filler, it seems to me he knew he was getting the bullit at Newcastle, and thought i will take this to tide me over until something comes up in the midlands.

He will have had to sell himself at the interview, i bet he was not so no committal when he was in front of Petrie and Hyland.

So whats your problem? You seem to want him to come out with all the usual cliches even though he knows its BS and we know its BS.

If I remember correctly he did not apply for the job this time round and we approached him.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 10:19 AM
So whats your problem? You seem to want him to come out with all the usual cliches even though he knows its BS and we know its BS.

If I remember correctly he did not apply for the jo this time round and we approached him.

Of course we all know players and even managers will leave for bigger and better things. Answer me one question, do you think his non committal to the job is doing any good?

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:21 AM

From the top.
First paragraph, thats true, its called business or furthering your career.

2nd paragraph He hasnt pissed off.

3rd Paragraph is just a guess

4th Paragraph Just cause he hasnt spoke about it doesnt mean they have gone away.

5th Paragraph See 3rd paragraph

All in all a waste of pixels

Mikey
16-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Answer me one question, do you think his non committal to the job is doing any good?

No it isn't.

Do you think that going on and on and on and on and on about it is doing any good?

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:27 AM
You actually said, Its no wonder he wants to leave, an awful lot of fans have have been on his case from day 1

I say thats wrong, there was never an awful lot of fans on his back from day 1.

So are you agreeing with me now that there were some when earlier you said you hadnt read any negative posts.

Seems to me your just picking on little things im saying as you know yourself everything you are coming up with regards CC is speculation.

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:28 AM
No it isn't.

Do you think that going on and on and on and on and on about it is doing any good?

I dont think its as detrimental as some people think.

As far as i can see the players are turning up and going about the pre season as normal.

I think the fans going on and on is more unsettling

The Falcon
16-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Of course we all know players and even managers will leave for bigger and better things. Answer me one question, do you think his non committal to the job is doing any good?

Then you will confirm the when Yogi was in charge the stuff coming out of EM was ridiculous and akin to a clique culture. Thats stopped and it's a much happier place to be. Unless someone knows different?

Hes a professional with a competitive spirit and dedication that took him, without being particularly gifted, to the very top of the game as a player. The players are professional and hopefully competitors as well.

I think it's affecting us more than it's affecting the team or the squad.

Will he leave if he gets an offer that suits him better than Hibs? Of course he will. But so will the next guy and so, probably, would any of us.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 10:40 AM
No it isn't.

I dont know Mikey, i'm just being honest?

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I dont know Mikey, i'm just being honest?

Honest with what?

WhileTheChief..
16-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't think anyone woud be complaining if CC was 6 months from the end of his contract and considering his options. What annoys me most is the fact that he was away speaking to Forest behind the club's back when he's really just in the door with us.

Personally I think it would be best if he moved on but I do accept that it doesn't do any good to keep moaning about it now that the season is upon us.

He's probably put himself under a bit more pressure to do well now but that's maybe not such a bad thing.

What i cannot understand is folk blaming the fans for voicing their concerns. I think some people place too much importance on messageboards. 100 or so of us bumping our gums on here really can't do that much damage on the scale of things can it?

Anyways, only a few hours to go until I get to my first game of the season so no ore moaning about CC from me. Unless of course we get humped :wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Then you will confirm the when Yogi was in charge the stuff coming out of EM was ridiculous and akin to a clique culture. Thats stopped and it's a much happier place to be. Unless someone knows different?

Hes a professional with a competitive spirit and dedication that took him, without being particularly gifted, to the very top of the game as a player. The players are professional and hopefully competitors as well.

I think it's affecting us more than it's affecting the team or the squad.

Will he leave if he gets an offer that suits him better than Hibs? Of course he will. But so will the next guy and so, probably, would any of us.

Yip i agree, and the club play a big part in wanting us to be the 12th man, yet here we have the manager undermining that.:confused:

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:47 AM
I dont think for a second CC came here to screw us over 9 months down the line after signing, but its clear he would move if the chance arose.

If CC signed for us after we had had a manager in place for say 3 years i dont think there would be half the nonsense on here.

The Falcon
16-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Personally I think it would be best if he moved on but I do accept that it doesn't do any good to keep moaning about it now that the season is upon us.

Would you feel the same if it was a player?

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Yip i agree, and the club play a big part in wanting us to be the 12th man, yet here we have the manager undermining that.:confused:

How? he said he would be here until he was sacked or a position came up that suited everybody(compensation).
The only other way you can leave a club is by walking out, so what he really said is im not going to walk out on the club.

Blackpool, its clear you want to hear every manager pledge their allegiance even if it means being lied to.

As i said, ignorance is bliss.

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 10:53 AM
BH, would you take Mowbray back or whats your opinion on him?

WhileTheChief..
16-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Would you feel the same if it was a player?

Good question, and I'm not sure. I can't think off the top of my head of a player that came in and wanted to leave so soon. Agathe springs to mind but we only signed him for 3 months or so.

If someone like Sauzee wanted to leave so soon I'd be gutted, if it was Jamie McQuilken I don't think I'd mind so much :greengrin

hibbiedon
16-07-2011, 11:00 AM
I think CC has acted with dignity since his appointment, when he first arrived and results were going against us he stood by the players he had, which angered a lot on this board. He kept a dignified silence and never condemned any of the squad. Throughout the whole of the saga of the last few weeks, once again he has kept a dignified silence, which once again has angered many on this site. He has my backing as long as he is manager :flag:

RickyS
16-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Good question, and I'm not sure. I can't think off the top of my head of a player that came in and wanted to leave so soon. Agathe springs to mind but we only signed him for 3 months or so.

If someone like Sauzee wanted to leave so soon I'd be gutted, if it was Jamie McQuilken I don't think I'd mind so much :greengrin

CC defo more of a McQuilken than a Sauzee!

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 11:23 AM
How? he said he would be here until he was sacked or a position came up that suited everybody(compensation).
The only other way you can leave a club is by walking out, so what he really said is im not going to walk out on the club.

Blackpool, its clear you want to hear every manager pledge their allegiance even if it means being lied to.

As i said, ignorance is bliss.

More nonsense, i dont want every manager to pledge allegiance, what i dont expect is ANY manager to cause unnecessary confusion and uncertainty around the club.

As you said ignorance is bliss.

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 11:28 AM
So you want be lied to? exactly as i thought.

Tell me what you think should happen and how it would benefit the club?

All the confusion has come from here and folk like you.

Hibs and CC couldnt be more clear.

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 11:31 AM
This is for BH Hibs wont agree to compensation and as a result of that CC will honour his contract. Where is the confusion?

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 11:32 AM
So you want be lied to? exactly as i thought.

Tell me what you think should happen and how it would benefit the club?

All the confusion has come from here and folk like you.

Hibs and CC couldnt be more clear.

Where did i say i want lied to? I want commitment, 9 months is nowhere near long enough to be wanting out so soon.

You obviously cant have seen any of Calderwoods interviews if you think its me who's causing the confusion.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 11:34 AM
This is for BH Hibs wont agree to compensation and as a result of that CC will honour his contract. Where is the confusion?

This is for you, i will be at hibs until i'm fired or compensation is paid. Now if he had said, i'm staying as hibs manager, i will be hibs manager next season, where is the confusion?

ELZ1875
16-07-2011, 11:43 AM
This is for you, i will be at hibs until i'm fired or compensation is paid. Now if he had said, i'm staying as hibs manager, i will be hibs manager next season, where is the confusion?

If thats what you wanted to hear then you want lied to. simples

As for commitment, the fact he hasnt walked and isnt coming out and openly saying he wants to go, he is actively looking at players and he turns up for work everyday is enough for me.

Would you prefer the TM approach?

Why cant you just wait and see what happens instead of making things up cause it fits your opinion?

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 12:08 PM
If thats what you wanted to hear then you want lied to. simples

As for commitment, the fact he hasnt walked and isnt coming out and openly saying he wants to go, he is actively looking at players and he turns up for work everyday is enough for me.

Would you prefer the TM approach?

Why cant you just wait and see what happens instead of making things up cause it fits your opinion?

You and i will just have to agree to disagree. I want him to commit to the club. I want him to stop this confusion, he can with one statement.

as for comparing him to Mowbray, he did commit to the club and actually turned down the first approach. He at least gave us a couple of seasons before he wanted to leave.

As much as you want to think there is no confusion, Calderwood actually said there was yesterday, confusion with the club and its supporters. And one statement would stop it in its tracks.

Kaiser1962
16-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Where did i say i want lied to? I want commitment, 9 months is nowhere near long enough to be wanting out so soon.

You obviously cant have seen any of Calderwoods interviews if you think its me who's causing the confusion.

I think it's our interpertation of what's being said, and guessing about what's not being said, that's causing the confusion.

lapsedhibee
16-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it's our interpertation of what's being said, and guessing about what's not being said, that's causing the confusion.

I'm maybe missing something here, but I really don't feel that confused. He'll either go or he won't. Life, like fitba, is full of uncertainties.

'mon the Hibees.

Kaiser1962
16-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm maybe missing something here, but I really don't feel that confused. He'll either go or he won't. Life, like fitba, is full of uncertainties.

'mon the Hibees.

If he go's he go's. If he stays I'll support him and if he leaves I'll support the next one. Either way HFC will continue.

HibsMax
16-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Top post, stevej.

People like me CAN and DO read between the lines but for some of us we need more than that. I'm not blind. I can make assumptions just as easily as anyone else. I choose not to though. Not because I'm ignoring the facts. Not because I'm stupid. But because all too often reading between the lines gives you incorrect information. This thread is a testament to that.

HibsMax
16-07-2011, 01:23 PM

I've never been convinced that there were any substantial family problems. I've seen interviews where he's mentioned that being away from his family is tough but I've not seen anything where he states that it's ripping him apart and he must leave. I don't think the problems disappeared because I don't think they were there in the first place.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I've never been convinced that there were any substantial family problems. I've seen interviews where he's mentioned that being away from his family is tough but I've not seen anything where he states that it's ripping him apart and he must leave. I don't think the problems disappeared because I don't think they were there in the first place.

You might be right max, how did you get on with that link?

One question just sticks in my craw, if Calderwood admits this has affected the club and its support, why has he not just put this to bed once and for all, for all of us? :wink:

HibsMax
16-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I dont think for a second CC came here to screw us over 9 months down the line after signing, but its clear he would move if the chance arose.

I think this is true.

My own thoughts on this are that he is using Hibs as a stepping stone - no issue there - but his next opportunity came a year or two before he expected it to. Perhaps his plan was to manage at Hibs for a year or two, try and boost his profile (obviously didn't do that with us last season) and then secure a move down south. However, things happened and his opportunity came quicker than expected and that gave him a difficult decision to make.....take the opportunity now or stay at Hibs and hope that a similar opportunity comes up later (bit of a gamble there because the chance to work with SM or CH might not be there in two years time). If he does well with us then I think he will get more opportunities like this. Total speculation, just another way of seeing how things might have played out.

HibsMax
16-07-2011, 01:42 PM
You might be right max, how did you get on with that link?

One question just sticks in my craw, if Calderwood admits this has affected the club and its support, why has he not just put this to bed once and for all, for all of us? :wink:

That's the million dollar question, BH. As things progress more and more, as we close in on the start of the season it "seems" more likely that he will be our manager. The 20' poster I read about also seems to indicate that. :) I'm not really sure why the club and manager cannot make a combined statement that says he will be here all of next season. The best we've heard so far is that he WILL be manager at the start of the season (Scotsman article). Why can't that be expanded to include the remainder of the season? Not sure about that. At this point though, a statement like that wouldn't satisfy everyone, and it wouldn't convince me that he was here to stay either, so I guess we just have to let them get on with it and see what happens.

Starting with a convincing, solid victory today against Barnsley. Damn, I don't have any beer!!!

That link has a lot of links. :wink: Seems like it could come in very useful.

smurf
16-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Scouting perhaps?

Brebners Bookie
16-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Scouting perhaps?

how do you know this?

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 02:31 PM
how do you know this?

It was reported on the radio.

ArabHibee
16-07-2011, 02:36 PM

'tache said if Birmingham paid the compensation in cash he would take something off the price.:wink:

Brebners Bookie
16-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Bit dodgy innit? They are mates but they must have known this would kick up all kinds of speculation.

smurf
16-07-2011, 02:41 PM
how do you know this?

I just made it up...why would say it otherwise?!!

FWIW I saw him..

Interesting that this has been moved onto the cc thread. A link presumed by whoever moved it?!!

Spike Mandela
16-07-2011, 02:45 PM
FFS when are people gonna realise CC is away??

Accept it now and it will be better in the long run:devil:

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2011, 02:45 PM

FWIW I saw him..

Interesting that this has been moved onto the cc thread. A link presumed by whoever moved it?!!

Dont make things up, just be honest and nobody will mind. :wink:

The Falcon
16-07-2011, 06:41 PM

I can think off a few that had just signed new contracts and then begged to leave soon after. I doubt the time elapsed even stretched to months.

Keith_M
16-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Now one hundred pages of guff, woohoo! :thumbsup:

Who'd have thought that one Forest fan could generate such a response. The guy must be absolutely amazed.

p.s Has he left yet? :dunno:

The Falcon
16-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Dont make things up, just be honest and nobody will mind. :wink:

Alternatively you can "read between the lines" and come up with utter pash. :wink:

R'Albin
16-07-2011, 06:53 PM
FFS when are people gonna realise CC is away??

Accept it now and it will be better in the long run:devil:

Is he ?

Jonnyboy
16-07-2011, 07:10 PM

I've read some bollox on here over the years but that's a reall lulu

Westie1875
16-07-2011, 07:19 PM

FWIW I saw him..

Birmingham City are playing Cork City tonight in Cork, started at 7pm, and according to their website Hughton is there. Are you sure it was him?

marinello59
16-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Birmingham City are playing Cork City tonight in Cork, started at 7pm, and according to their website Hughton is there. Are you sure it was him?

Sportsound said it had been suggested that Hughton might be in attendance today but it wasn't confirmed.

lapsedhibee
16-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Now one hundred pages of guff, woohoo! :thumbsup:

Who'd have thought that one Forest fan could generate such a response. The guy must be absolutely amazed.

No, still here but changed his name to stevej.

Sportsound said it had been suggested that Hughton might be in attendance today but it wasn't confirmed.
Good that the BBC doesn't go for all that supposition and speculation that runs amok on here. How can I get a refund of my licence fee? :grr:

The Falcon
16-07-2011, 07:59 PM

But Smurf saw him :confused:

Ed De Gramo
16-07-2011, 08:00 PM

I saw Mr A Shanks last night :thumbsup::thumbsup:

marinello59
16-07-2011, 08:28 PM

That's still possible. I would assume others did as well.

The Falcon
17-07-2011, 05:46 AM
That's still possible. I would assume others did as well.

Admittedly it's possible, no doubt. It's all about timings I suppose. Or he may not have went to Cork at all?

matty_f
17-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Admittedly it's possible, no doubt. It's all about timings I suppose. Or he may not have went to Cork at all?

Or more likely he was nowhere near easter road.

marinello59
17-07-2011, 07:21 AM

FWIW I saw him..

According to press reports it was a representative of Birmingham City in attendance, not Hughton himself. The press may be wrong of course or Hughton might have a twin.

lapsedhibee
17-07-2011, 09:30 AM
According to press reports it was a representative of Birmingham City in attendance, not Hughton himself. The press may be wrong of course or Hughton might have a twin.

Well known (I read it on here) that Caldot has one or more cardboard cutouts of himself, devised to confuse fitba fans. Perhaps it was something he learned at Newcastle from Hughton? :dunno:

Mibbes Aye
17-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Well known (I read it on here) that Caldot has one or more cardboard cutouts of himself, devised to confuse fitba fans. Perhaps it was something he learned at Newcastle from Hughton? :dunno: Think we have to be careful here. It's an easy assumption to make, that it's a twin, but for all we know Hughton might actually be some kind of deranged human trafficker/mad scientist, abducting homeless folk from the streets of Bucharest and carrying out irreversible plastic surgery to make them look just like him. It's the kind of thing that happens all too easily when you've got time and money to spare.If this 'twin' had a heavy Carpathian accent that would be the giveaway :agree:

Barney McGrew
17-07-2011, 10:37 AM

FWIW I saw him..

If you did, then he must have done a pretty quick shift from Edinburgh to be giving pre-match instructions to his team at a friendly in Cork last night....

http://www.sportsfile.ie/id/535646/

matty_f
17-07-2011, 11:03 AM
If you did, then he must have done a pretty quick shift from Edinburgh to be giving pre-match instructions to his team at a friendly in Cork last night....http://www.sportsfile.ie/id/535646/Maybe smurf just had excellent eyesight. Ireland's not that far away!

sleeping giant
17-07-2011, 11:08 AM

FWIW I saw him..

Mistaken identity then Smurf or are you just at the wind up ?:greengrin

Barney McGrew
17-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Maybe smurf just had excellent eyesight. Ireland's not that far away!

Or maybe he just made it up.

Keith_M
17-07-2011, 12:12 PM

No, still here but changed his name to stevej.

Ah meant CC, ya numpty

:na na:

smurf
17-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I was in Edinburgh airport yesterday morning and was sure I saw him. However, if he was in cork early evening it couldn't have been him. If I was wrong I'm sorry but it certainly looked like him.

marinello59
17-07-2011, 12:24 PM
I was in Edinburgh airport yesterday morning and was sure I saw him. However, if he was in cork early evening it couldn't have been him. If I was wrong I'm sorry but it certainly looked like him.

You missed out on a potential scoop there then. if only you had posted it in the morning when you saw him instead of waiting until Radio Scotland mentioned him.

The Falcon
17-07-2011, 01:45 PM
You missed out on a potential scoop there then. if only you had posted it in the morning when you saw him instead of waiting until Radio Scotland mentioned him.

Absolutely. And if Smurf'd mentioned it was Edinburgh Airport and it "looked" like him none of us would have been "reading between the lines" and then got it totally wrong. Just show's you I suppose.

matty_f
17-07-2011, 02:23 PM

You said he was at ER though.:confused: And when you were asked how you knew you said you saw him.

Now, if someone said to me that someone was at Easter Road and they'd seen them, I'd probably not be alone in thinking the two statements were connected, I'd be very surprised if someone said someone was at Easter Road because they thought they'd seen them at Edinburgh airport.

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2011, 02:36 PM
You said he was at ER though.:confused: And when you were asked how you knew you said you saw him.

Now, if someone said to me that someone was at Easter Road and they'd seen them, I'd probably not be alone in thinking the two statements were connected, I'd be very surprised if someone said someone was at Easter Road because they thought they'd seen them at Edinburgh airport.

I saw him board a plane for southampton. :wink: :devil:

matty_f
17-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I saw him board a plane for southampton. :wink: :devil: :greengrin

YehButNoBut
17-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Not much too add except that, whether he stays or goes now I don't think I will bother much.

The worst thing about this is that in the last few weeks there have been no new signings since O'Hanlon and we now have only a week to go until SPL KO, will be difficult to get players to sign with this uncertainty hanging over the manager. :rolleyes:

Another long season awaits.

Amazing 4,000 posts and still no further forward.

frazeHFC
17-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Not much too add except that, wether he stays or goes now I don't think I will bother much.The worst thing about this in the last few weeks is we now have a week to go until SPL KO and new new signing since O'hanlon. :rolleyes:Another long season awaits.Amazing 4,000 posts and still no further forward. I have absolutely nothing to add, i just want the 4,000th post.:woohoo:

Baldy Foghorn
17-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I have absolutely nothing to add, i just want the 4,000th post.:woohoo:

You failed:wink:

frazeHFC
17-07-2011, 03:14 PM
You failed:wink: How? :(

Baldy Foghorn
17-07-2011, 03:16 PM
How? :(

you were 4,001

YehButNoBut
17-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Not much too add except that, whether he stays or goes now I don't think I will bother much.

The worst thing about this is that in the last few weeks there have been no new signings since O'Hanlon and we now have only a week to go until SPL KO, will be difficult to get players to sign with this uncertainty hanging over the manager. :rolleyes:

Another long season awaits.

Amazing 4,000 posts and still no further forward.

You failed:wink:

you were 4,001

:thumbsup: :aok: :partyhibb

Want to bet we reach 5,000 and he is still here.