PDA

View Full Version : ***CC - Staying Or Going?***/NFFC Appoint Coach MERGED

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Speedway
06-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Indeed. I long for the day when a Hibs manager says that he already has the best job in football. :wink:

Now, where did i hear someone say that....

aberhibsfc
06-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Indeed. I long for the day when a Hibs manager says that he already has the best job in football. :wink:

Yogi did.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Yogi did.

:faf::faf:

iwasthere1972
06-07-2011, 12:45 PM
There's no way that CC can stay at Easter Road even if no deal is struck. Clearly does not want to remain at Hibs and even if he gave 100% to the club if he stayed it still wouldn't be enough.

Take whatever money is on offer and let's move on. Hopefully wherever he ends up they will have a rotten season.

Tell me when the :taxi has arrived to pick up the :asshole: and Rod has got some clown to sign the :deal: and take him off our hands.

Cheers. :aok:

Sammy7nil
06-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I hope i am back here in May doing just that. :agree:

You won't be.
The squad is full of LOSERS and until attitudes changes that will be exactly what we will be happy to aviod relegation. We have a manager desperate to get out to become an assistant what mesage does that send out to the players on Hibs ambitions ?

Sammy7nil
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM
He can go this afternoon if Hibs do not demand compensation. Is that what you want Hibs to do?

I would prefer that rather than making our club look like a small time outfit that lacks so much ambition managers are desperate to leave to become assistants.

EasterRoad4Ever
06-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I understand Petrie for trying to get Hibs a good deal from this but we are looking at some heavy damage next season if we go into a season with a manager who could not care less, a team that is about 6 players short of a top 6 finish, and a support that is deflated to say the least.

Calderwood has had numerous opportunities to state he wants the Hibs job. He hasn't taken any one of them and his interviews are dreadful. Not once has he showed an ounce of passion, fight or desire for the job.

While I appreciate Petrie's statement on the website his selection of statistics is laughable. The form after the split was nothing short of a disgrace and should have had alarm bells ringing about what needed to be done over the summer.

I hope Petrie is not holding out for a few thousand here or there, because the damage a non arsed Calderwood and the team could cause next season (in it's current state) will be a hell of a lot more than what we can get for a man who has made it clear he does not want to be here.

:agree:

CC is now in the position where he simply cannot stay as Hibs Manager. In footballing terms, he has shown complete disrespect for the role and his duties to the club. The man is under contract to Hibs to do a well paid job, yet seems unable to fulfil it properly. Frankly he needs to grow a pair and act like a man! His lack of drive, passion and sense of responsibility for the role since he moved to Hibs has been astonishing. It is a sorry mess he now finds himself in, where his prospective employer is unwilling to pay the market rate for his services, and he is unwilling to walk away himself.

IMHO he should resign (and suffer the legal consequences of that), allow Hibs to get in a proper manager, and for NFFC or BCFC to recompense him.

The whole situation was beyond a joke about a week ago. Now it is just farcical.

Part/Time Supporter
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I would prefer that rather than making our club look like a small time outfit that lacks so much ambition managers are desperate to leave to become assistants.

Or, to put it another way, you would prefer to make Hibs look like such a small time outfit that they let their key employees go without a fight when second tier English clubs come calling.

basehibby
06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
How much is CC on at ER, would £300k not be about right as compo for him, can't see him being on any more than that as a yearly salary.

We were paid c 500K in compo for Mowbray at a time when the club was probably paying out lesser salaries and when Mowbray had a lot less of his contract to go IIRC - and at that time WBA - another English Chapionship club - seemed to think this a very reasonable sum.

So on that basis - No - £300K is not suitable compensation for a Hibs manager with at least a couple of years to run on his deal. It is an insulting offer from a club chancing their arm and hoping to gain a bargain by unsettling the manager and the support in a dishonest and underhand way. RP is to be commended IMO for standing firm in the face of their barrage of bullsheight.

Green forever
06-07-2011, 01:49 PM
What happens if he resigns? Do we get any compo?

He can offer his resignation but Rod and the board don't have to accept and can keep him to the terms of his contract.

If he resigned he may be due to pay the balanace of his wages for the reaminder of his contract (though not sure on that one).

basehibby
06-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Which Forest wont/cant pay

...so they just decide to tap him up and try and get him on the cheap instead. As RP stated they are playing a dangerous game - the UEFA penalty for tapping up is usually an embargo on all transfers isn't it?

basehibby
06-07-2011, 01:55 PM
If neither Forest or Birmingham don't make a suitable offer, he has every chance of continuing as Hibs manager... :wink:

:agree: This is something a lot of fans need to get their heads round. And from what I can gather it remains a strong possibility.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Which Forest wont/cant pay

Thats the bit that gets me. They've seen the price tag and know how much it costs so why are they still dicking about? Did they think Rod would just roll over and let them tickle his tummy? (Now there's a picture you wont get out of your head very easily!)

Rod will do what Rod always does and get the best deal for Hibs. He will not do Forest or Brum any favours unless it suits him to do so. If you're Chairman wasnt aware of that it may have dawned on him by now.

PS I dont mind you being on here either:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
06-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Thats the bit that gets me. They've seen the price tag and know how much it costs so why are they still dicking about? Did they think Rod would just roll over and let them tickle his tummy? (Now there's a picture you wont get out of your head very easily!)

Rod will do what Rod always does and get the best deal for Hibs. He will not do Forest or Brum any favours unless it suits him to do so. If you're Chairman wasnt aware of that it may have dawned on him by now.

PS I dont mind you being on here either:greengrin

Can't disagree with any of your post.

The thing is, fighting for compensation and dragging this out for many weeks, means we're in the position of 2 weeks before start of SPL, half a team and a manager who's heart aint in it.
So even if Rod stays strong and doesn't give in, we'll be stuck with a manager that doesn't want to be here and quite clearly the signings needed are not going happen, either not at all or not what we need.

So whilst getting the best possible out of this, I can understand, but in the grander scheme of things it could be detrimental to the actual football side of things......It's not just a player that we're fighting to get the most dosh for......

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 02:19 PM
I agree, most would go to both clubs and be understudies to the players in their positions.

Calderwoods can leave any time he likes, he can resign today, whats stopping him?

Maybe he has a wee bit of self respect? He signed a deal with Hibs and until Hibs say otherwise, he is here.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Can't disagree with any of your post.

The thing is, fighting for compensation and dragging this out for many weeks, means we're in the position of 2 weeks before start of SPL, half a team and a manager who's heart aint in it.
So even if Rod stays strong and doesn't give in, we'll be stuck with a manager that doesn't want to be here and quite clearly the signings needed are not going happen, either not at all or not what we need.

So whilst getting the best possible out of this, I can understand, but in the grander scheme of things it could be detrimental to the actual football side of things......It's not just a player that we're fighting to get the most dosh for......

It may be that the "best deal for Hibs" means kicking his erse out the door and if thats the case then it's a judgement call for Rod as to when that happens. I would be surprised if things are not already bubbling away below the surface regarding a replacement and his signings if required.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe he has a wee bit of self respect? He signed a deal with Hibs and until Hibs say otherwise, he is here.

Self respect, he's been stringing us along for the best part of 3 weeks. He's an erse, with no respect for the club or its support.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Self respect, he's been stringing us along for the best part of 3 weeks. He's an erse, with no respect for the club or its support.

He must have some otherwise he would be mumping in the papers ala Katie. Or he could have quit like McLeish. He's not really said very much.

sidjames
06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
In the meantime why don't we hire a let's say "Consultant Director of Football" WGS as random example?

Beefster
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM

So you would have preferred him to lie? I think he needs to go but I appreciate the fact that he hasn't just given us the usual "I've a job to do here" bull****.

Hibiza
06-07-2011, 02:56 PM
CC, personality bypass when he was wee.

stevej
06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
To be fair to Calderwood, he could have walked before now (ala McLeish) but he is carrying on.

Actually - if he could have walked and been guaranteed a job and wage at Birmingham or Forest he would have done so

Only reason he hasnt is that neither club are prepared to take him on without a reduced compensation fee agreed in advance. Villa were in the Mcleish case prepared to take a big hit just to get Mcleish on board quickly

If he really needs to be with his family he could walk now and be unemployed until his Hibs contract would have run its course

If he did walk without a job guaranteed then you could give him credit - as it stands he wants to move back south and not lose any money at the same time - dont give him credit for that IMO

matty_f
06-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I think CC could do worse than using Hibs TV to put across what's happening from his point of view. No loaded questions or agendas, but an opportunity to speak directly to the fans about what's going on and why it's going on.

We are entitled to know, we are continually labelled as the Hibernian family by the club, and we invest our money in season tickets etc that helps the club survive.

This is a situation that can't be allowed to carry on much (if any) further. The board have made their position absolutely clear. Calderwood has said that he is interested in moving back to England IF Hibs get the compensation. He has also said that he acknowledges he has a contract here and has an obligation to fulfill it (or words to that effect).

Short of sacking him, the situation is out of the board's hands now. They can only wait and see if a suitable offer comes in for CC. Similarly, CC has to wait and see what transpires, we know that he is interested in moving and therefore it has gone beyond the point where he can say he wants to stay, IMHO.

Forest and Birmingham could end the speculation by either stumping up, or pissing off. Until they do either of those, this situation will carry on. I don't imagine it's doing anyone any good. We get a disrupted pre-season, Calderwood is bound to be unsettled, and neither Forest or B/ham are operating with an assistant at the moment.

I still think there's a real chance that we'll start the season with CC in charge, and I do genuinely think that he could see out the season with us. If his family situation is not a long-term issue, then he might be able to commit longer term in the future. Whether or not that commitment is accepted by the support is another matter.

stevej
06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
How many of he current squad or staff do you think would leave Hibs for either of the clubs involved in this? I suspect most of them would see both Forest and Brum as a step up such are the times we live in.

If any deal is done your chairman should have something written into the deal to prevent player poaching happening for 12 months or more at least (your chairman is in a strong position to be able to insist on that IMO)

Hibby70
06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
We should just get a new manager now and make CC look after the youth squad until Forest or Brum cough up the required dough.

Beefster
06-07-2011, 03:24 PM
We should just get a new manager now and make CC look after the youth squad until Forest or Brum cough up the required dough.

And when they don't cough up, we're left with the most expensive youth coach in SPL history. Great idea.

stevej
06-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Again CC is being given too much credit - if all that is bothering him is not being with his family eniough - he should move them all upto Scotland to be with him

He is a Scot after all - what is up with him - great schools in and around Edinburgh

Beats Northampton any day of the week

Removed
06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Again CC is being given too much credit - if all that is bothering him is not being with his family eniough - he should move them all upto Scotland to be with him

He is a Scot after all - what is up with him - great schools in and around Edinburgh

Exactly. The term to be used here is man up.

stokesmessiah
06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
If any deal is done your chairman should have something written into the deal to prevent player poaching happening for 12 months or more at least (your chairman is in a strong position to be able to insist on that IMO)

I love your optimism about the Hibs team, regardless of what team he goes to both teams are looking for promotion...I am not sure i know anyone in our current team that is assist them in that. :wink:

down the slope
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Forgive me as i pinched this from the bounce-it's very funny.
Brutus and Cassius are honourable men..........

Did anyone else study Julius Caesar at school? Perhaps some of you younger Bouncers currently are. Anyway, it's a long, long time since I studied it (1985/86 when I was in third year, to be precise), but I do recall the above phrase. A phrase which seems to resonate, given the irony of its usage in the final act of the play, with the current tragedy (in the footballing, if not real life, sense of the word) that occupies the stage that is Hibernian FC. In the beige corner we have Rodus Petrieus, a leader of such meddlesome parsimony and periodic mendacity he was quoted in today's Scatsmon as attributing the woes experienced by last season's team on the previous manager, Yogius Bogius. Incredibly, Petrius claimed that the fact that sixteen players' contracts were due to expire at the same time was entirely the fault of Bogius. If this is true then our club is some kind of sub-Rebekah Brooks farce. If it is not then Petrius is a fibber of the most Clintonesque of proportions.

Truly he is no honourable man. For if he was, given his backstabbing of Theus Messiahus in 2007, poor relationship with Maximus Paatelaineneus in 2009 and persistence with Yogius Bogius when the latter had clearly lost the respect of the entire squad in 2010 then Petrius would have resigned by now. That he has not, and that he has publicly spouted such tollius, as quoted in today's Scatsmon, confirms his unsuitability for the office he occupies.

Petrius is not a fit and proper person to steer this club forward.

And what of the other protagonist in this sub-Fringe panto that our club has degenerated into? The (deservedly) much-maligned Colonic Crappius in the brown corner? He has led us to embarrassing defeats after embarrassing defeats. He managed to preside over a seven game run in which we failed to score a single goal. if one word could be ascribed to encapsulate his tenure as boss it would be ignominy.

Crapius, bizarrely given the consistent ineptitude of his managerial term as Hibs boss, is desired as a number two by two larger, better-resourced English clubs. And Crapius desires a move there. Yet Crapius prevaricates like a low-down bitch and tries to attribute the blame for this slow-moving divorce on the Daddy, Petrius.

If Crapius had any honour he would leave and whichever of the two suitors succeeds in a-wooing him could settle with Hibs the appropriate dowry. Crapius cares not for the damage to our preparations for this seemingly-relegation-destined season he is engendering. Crapius is the worst kind of slag. Crapius cares only for himself.

Surely Julius Farmczar should empty both these dishonourable men and replace them with individuals better suited to these two vital roles for the club.

Cos until such time as he does our footballing performances won't be comedies for us.

KeithTheHibby
06-07-2011, 03:51 PM

Beats Nottingham any day of the week

Fixed that for you.:wink:

ScottB
06-07-2011, 04:00 PM

And his kid was born down there, goes to school there, all their friends there, presumably the wife is from down there.

They likely don't want to move, and who can blame them. Bit much to say 'well he should just make them move' frankly.

GreenCastle
06-07-2011, 04:00 PM
And when they don't cough up, we're left with the most expensive youth coach in SPL history. Great idea.

:faf:

Malthibby
06-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Verra amusing, Down The Slopius.
Anyone for 200 pages?
GG

Cropley10
06-07-2011, 04:08 PM
And his kid was born down there, goes to school there, all their friends there, presumably the wife is from down there.

They likely don't want to move, and who can blame them. Bit much to say 'well he should just make them move' frankly.

Except people do exactly this every single day of the week, move their families closer to work, rather than the other way round.

Fact is we're in no man's land with this current situation. He claims it's for 'family reasons' - perhaps it is - but the problem is not intractable, he could move them, but he'd rather leave instead.

GreenPJ
06-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Away and throw sheite at yerself, we now know more about it, and can make a more informed opinion on the subject.

Not entirely sure how anyone can do that unless you are a NOTW reporter. We can make opinion but informed?

That must mean you are going by the fact that RP has stated he wants Calderwood to stay and Calderwood has not turned around and said he wants to leave?

smurf
06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm trying but struggling to recall any other top flight club finding themselves in the shambolic situation we find ourselves in today?

GreenPJ
06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Except people do exactly this every single day of the week, move their families closer to work, rather than the other way round.

Fact is we're in no man's land with this current situation. He claims it's for 'family reasons' - perhaps it is - but the problem is not intractable, he could move them, but he'd rather leave instead.

So he has an unhappy family now because they don't see as much of him as they want, how unhappy are they going to be if he 'forces' them to move to somewhere they don't want to go.

marinello59
06-07-2011, 04:18 PM
So he has an unhappy family now because they don't see as much of him as they want, how unhappy are they going to be if he 'forces' them to move to somewhere they don't want to go.

There are plenty of families who move about on a regular basis because the main wage earner gets decent money. There are also plenty of families who move about just because that is the nature of the main wage earners job, highly paid or not. It's something you take in to consideration when accepting a position surely, not several months down the line?

RickyS
06-07-2011, 04:19 PM

his kids are of college age are they not? if they live at home they live with his ex-wife! he only re-married last summer, assume his new wife aint here either?

Bostonhibby
06-07-2011, 04:20 PM
So you would have preferred him to lie? I think he needs to go but I appreciate the fact that he hasn't just given us the usual "I've a job to do here" bull****.

:agree: If he does go I doubt he will be rambling about us in the same way as Yogi has sadly started to after the event as well.............

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 04:22 PM

Current thinking appears to be that the parents travel to work and the family home remains in one place giving the children stabiliy of school, friends, any social groups or activities. That sort of thing. Other factors may be his wife's job or career.

The bottom line is though that you are right and we appear to be in no mans land. This needs fixed sooner rather than later.

Speedway
06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Current thinking appears to be that the parents travel to work and the family home remains in one place giving the children stabiliy of school, friends, any social groups or activities. That sort of thing. Other factors may be his wife's job or career.

The bottom line is though that you are right and we appear to be in no mans land. This needs fixed sooner rather than later.

It doesn't matter where his family live, for reasons unknown he does not want to be the Hibs Manager.

Therefore he shouldn't be but equally nor should we let him off lightly.

GreenPJ
06-07-2011, 04:33 PM

And there are loads of people who don't. People think they can manage the distance issue and until you actually do it you don't know. It looks as if this is harder for CC and/or his wife than they thought.

Speedway
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
And there are loads of people who don't. People think they can manage the distance issue and until you actually do it you don't know. It looks as if this is harder for CC and/or his wife than they thought.

That's an argument I don't buy as Newcastle is not significantly closer than EM by plane, train but maybe car.

On CC's money, you'd have to question the insistance on driving if that's his stance.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
It doesn't matter where his family live, for reasons unknown he does not want to be the Hibs Manager.

Therefore he shouldn't be but equally nor should we let him off lightly.

He's not actually said as much and in the event of nothing being agreed what do we do?

Speedway
06-07-2011, 04:40 PM
He's not actualy said as much and in the event of nohing being agreed what do we do?

'Until that point is reached, I'm here'

'Being honest, there would be interest at that point'

yes, he has said as much.

If nothing is agreed, we hold him to his contract, pursue his targets and keep calm and carry on.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM

If nothing is agreed, we hold him to his contract, pursue his targets and keep calm and carry on.

Thats it. We may have to soldier on for another two years or so.

Aldo
06-07-2011, 04:51 PM

:confused:

This is the point i dont get. By the time this is all sorted any sort of transfer target will be well gone. Why would a player come to a club where the manager is not committed to the cause. there is one thing staying but there is another thing having to stay cos you have to...ie under contract.

Once again it will be bargain basement transfers...O and more to the point where are these strikers?????

CC is on a hiding to nothing Speeders and we all know this. So does he...the problem he has after the comments made is that he wants Rodders and the board to make the decision and wont come out and say that he wants to be elsewhere...or has done in a manner of words.

CC TBH has shown a lack of commitment to the club after only 9 months and for me that is out of order.....I really contemplated getting a ST for me and my daughter this year....she keeps asking if i have bought one but I can assure of this that wont be happening until I find out wot the score is and sorry CC is away.

I must say however that i didnt think this would drag on for this long.

Bohemian_Hibee
06-07-2011, 04:53 PM
To save me reading through dozens of pages, can someone please tell me that the current situation is as follows...

CC knows he is going
Petrie knows CC is going
Birmingham/Forest know CC is going
Hibs fans know he is going

And it's now just a case of "Show me the money!"

???

Speedway
06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
[/B]

This is the point i dont get. By the time this is all sorted any sort of transfer target will be well gone. Why would a player come to a club where the manager is not committed to the cause. there is one thing staying but there is another thing having to stay cos you have to...ie under contract.

Once again it will be bargain basement transfers...O and more to the point where are these strikers?????

CC is on a hiding to nothing Speeders and we all know this. So does he...the problem he has after the comments made is that he wants Rodders and the board to make the decision and wont come out and say that he wants to be elsewhere...or has done in a manner of words.

CC TBH has shown a lack of commitment to the club after only 9 months and for me that is out of order.....I really contemplated getting a ST for me and my daughter this year....she keeps asking if i have bought one but I can assure of this that wont be happening until I find out wot the score is and sorry CC is away.

I must say however that i didnt think this would drag on for this long.

Transfer targets were gone in the first 10 days of their pursuit (Hemed and Rooney) so that makes no difference.

CC is not the first manager to be refused a move and apparently he 'discharges his duties in a thoughtful and professional way' so great, on you go Collers.

Few if any players will refuse Hibs based on managerial stability.

Hi, this is RP and we are offering you 3 times what you're paid now.

Err, no thanks, I am worried about the managerial stability.

Saorsa
06-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Transfer targets were gone in the first 10 days of their pursuit (Hemed and Rooney) so that makes no difference.

CC is not the first manager to be refused a move and apparently he 'discharges his duties in a thoughtful and professional way' so great, on you go Collers.

Err, no thanks, I am worried about the managerial stability.Made me laugh :hilarious

were would we be getting these players from?

Speedway
06-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Made me laugh :hilarious

were would we be getting these players from?

The dole queue.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 05:02 PM
CC is not the first manager to be refused a move and apparently he 'discharges his duties in a thoughtful and professional way' so great, on you go Collers. .

Its not in his interests not to. If he has a strop and dosent apply himself he renders himself unemployable IMO. Look at JC. Great ideas but questionable man management and doubtful resilience.

If CC does a good job it then becomes inevitable that someone will trigger the release clause. If he does badly there may always be the question mark over him if the poor performance was intentional or not, which would hardly endear him to future employers.

essexhibee
06-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I wish this whole saga would end and Calderwood piss off. Total disrespect to the fans. How can we have a man leading us who doesn't want to be there. Just go Colin.

Speedway
06-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Its not in his interests not to. If he has a strop and dosent apply himself he renders himself unemployable IMO. Look at JC. Great ideas but questionable man management and doubtful resilience.

If CC does a good job it then becomes inevitable that someone will trigger the release clause. If he does badly there may always be the question mark over him if the poor performance was intentional or not, which would hardly endear him to future employers.

Cool, then we're sorted.

Saorsa
06-07-2011, 05:07 PM
The dole queue.They should be good then, something tae look forward tae at last. :thumbsup: :woohoo:

Aldo
06-07-2011, 05:08 PM

So thats 3 baws and a set of nets. :wink:

O point taken my friend.

matty_f
06-07-2011, 05:10 PM
You'd think Birmingham and/or Forest would get their fingers out, though. FFS, they're either going to pay or they're not, WTF are they hanging about for?

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Cool, then we're sorted.

There may be a slight flaw in the plan somewhere:greengrin

Aldo
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
You'd think Birmingham and/or Forest would get their fingers out, though. FFS, they're either going to pay or they're not, WTF are they hanging about for?

Matty

spot on mate. You would think BCFC are skint. they are receiving about 35 million for being relegated and are chasing 4 million from AV for the GJP.

Really want this sorted (and thought it would be TBH)

Davy Mac
06-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm starting to think we will not announce CC's departure until we have the new man in place.

Thus easing the blow i.e. CC is gone and here is his replacement.

Just my take on it.

Cropley10
06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm starting to think we will not announce CC's departure until we have the new man in place.

Just my take on it.

Think you might be right. Would certainly be a good idea.

Removed
06-07-2011, 05:56 PM

Just my take on it.

But once compo has been agreed with either English team surely they will just announce it on their own website?

To be honest it won't be a blow for me, it'll be a relief and I wouldn't be bothered if a new man was announced at the same time or not, as long as they don't hang around getting Strachan in :wink:

stubru59
06-07-2011, 05:58 PM

Just my take on it.

After all this drama, we're surely entitled to a happy ending.

Davy Mac
06-07-2011, 06:00 PM
But once compo has been agreed with either English team surely they will just announce it on their own website?

To be honest it won't be a blow for me, it'll be a relief and I wouldn't be bothered if a new man was announced at the same time or not, as long as they don't hang around getting Strachan in :wink:

Thing is, I think they have already agreed compo IMO and we're just waiting for our man.

Also, I should really make myself a bit clearer, it's not a blow that CC is leaving it's just all a bit embarassing and a blow to our pre-season.:greengrin

andy1875
06-07-2011, 06:04 PM
After all this drama, we're surely entitled to a happy ending.

3rd in the league, win the Scottish an League Cup and throw the Tennents Sixes in to complete the lot. That'll be my happy ending! :taxi ok.......

DH1875
06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Can't believe this crap is still dragging on :grr:.

snooky
06-07-2011, 06:09 PM
3rd in the league, win the Scottish an League Cup and throw the Tennents Sixes in to complete the lot. That'll be my happy ending! :taxi ok.......

We are so bad that even in our pipe dreams we only come 3rd in the league. :boo hoo:

HFC07
06-07-2011, 06:11 PM
To save me reading through dozens of pages, can someone please tell me that the current situation is as follows...

CC knows he is going
Petrie knows CC is going
Birmingham/Forest know CC is going
Hibs fans know he is going

And it's now just a case of "Show me the money!"

???

Thats the way I see it to be honest, it couldn't be clearer.

andy1875
06-07-2011, 06:13 PM
We are so bad that even in our pipe dreams we only come 3rd in the league. :boo hoo:

Just being realistic if we plan to put all our efforts into
winning the other 3 cups :devil:

aob4green
06-07-2011, 06:33 PM

I take it we're out scouting around the local juniors then. 3 times, gie yersel peace.

If CC wants to go which he quite obviously does then the board and Petrie in particular should be concentrating on bringing this sorry state of affairs to a swift conclusion. Instead Petrie is fannying around trying to squeeze another few bob out of NF or BC, whilst the squad which clearly needs strengthening is left in limbo wondering who and when the next manager is. Meanwhile there is no, nor neither is there likely to be any imminent transfer activity!!!

It was the same dallying in the transfer market in January, waiting until the last few days which cost us valueable points and our place in the cup.

Two and half weeks until the season starts and there is no Hamilton in the league this season. Sorry but can't help feeling slightly concerned.

marinello59
06-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I take it we're out scouting around the local juniors then. 3 times, gie yersel peace.

If CC wants to go which he quite obviously does then the board and Petrie in particular should be concentrating on bringing this sorry state of affairs to a swift conclusion. Instead Petrie is fannying around trying to squeeze another few bob out of NF or BC, whilst the squad which clearly needs strengthening is left in limbo wondering who and when the next manager is. Meanwhile there is no, nor neither is there likely to be any imminent transfer activity!!!

It was the same dallying in the transfer market in January, waiting until the last few days which cost us valueable points and our place in the cup.

Two and half weeks until the season starts and there is no Hamilton in the league this season. Sorry but can't help feeling slightly concerned.

How?

aob4green
06-07-2011, 06:42 PM
How?

How no?

marinello59
06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
How no?

Like most people I don't know. You seem to know something that the rest of us don't though. We know that up until the release of yesterdays statement no negotiations had taken place. Has something changed since then?

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I had to take a step back from these threads over the last 12-18 hours because the whole thing is doing my nut in and I don't want my emotions to get the better of me and start lashing out at everyone. So I took a few deep breaths and stayed away from Hibs.net, choosing instead to read some media sites for updates.

I read something today which I am sure has already been discussed today but there are too many threads and too many posts to figure out where so I'm just going to jump in here.

Of all the quotes and stories that have come out the one below is the most damning of them all. This could be the one that pushes me over to the dark side......

Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood insists any decision over his future lies solely in the hands of club chairman Rod Petrie.

So why my change of heart based on that one statement? First of all, his future would only be in the hands of the club if the manager and club were in disagreement with one another. If they were in agreement then there wouldn't be any fuss at all.

Here are the available options, as I see it:
(1) CC wants to stay, RP wants him to stay - two parties in agreement.
(2) CC wants to stay, RP wants to fire him - this doesn't really seem like a likely option. Firing CC has never been discussed and yesterday's club statement implies that the club wants him to stay (or they want (more) compensation). Nothing in the statement indicates the possibility of an imminent firing. That said, if he genuinely wants to stay and the club wants to fire him, this would fall into the category of the club being in control (but CC would have his pick of clubs and probably even qualify for severance so not a bad deal for him).
(3) CC wants to stay, RP wants to move him on - I don't think this could be done without CC's approval so it's not solely in the hands of the club.
(4) CC wants to leave, RP wants him to stay or sell him on - Petrie is in control.
(5) CC wants to leave, RP wants him to leave - if the manager and the club are in agreement then his future is not solely in the hands of the club.

I try and avoid putting too much faith in "facts" that are derived from puzzle pieces but this one statement is very telling. I don't care about his posture or body language. I don't even care that he has never stated that he will definitely stay at Hibs because the absence of such a statement does not always mean the inverse is true.

Hibs could receive an offer that they accept. At that point it would still be up to CC if he wants to join either team. But that cannot be the case as he stated that his future is solely in the hands of the club, meaning (to me) that he's already made his decision.

weonlywon6-2
06-07-2011, 06:53 PM

Just my take on it.

you have a very good point

Judas Iscariot
06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Must say the BC & NF chairmen haven't came across as very clever individuals..

Why try & get him now when they'll have to pay rather than wait till November/December time when he'll have been sacked..

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Must say the BC & NF chairmen haven't came across as very clever individuals..

Why try & get him now when they'll have to pay rather than wait till November/December time when he'll have been sacked..

Ha Ha! Very good. :aok:

They want him now. And there's no guarantee that if he stayed at Hibs he would be sacked. I believe the board will want to get whatever they can for him if they are convinced that he is on his way.

BEEJ
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I read something today which I am sure has already been discussed today but there are too many threads and too many posts to figure out where so I'm just going to jump in here.

Of all the quotes and stories that have come out the one below is the most damning of them all. This could be the one that pushes me over to the dark side......

Hibs could receive an offer that they accept. At that point it would still be up to CC if he wants to join either team. But that cannot be the case as he stated that his future is solely in the hands of the club, meaning (to me) that he's already made his decision.
Congratulations! :aok:

Welcome to the dark side; you got here in the end. :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
06-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Ha Ha! Very good. :aok:

They want him now. And there's no guarantee that if he stayed at Hibs he would be sacked. I believe the board will want to get whatever they can for him if they are convinced that he is on his way.

Of course there's no guarantee he'd of been sacked but if the football & results he served up for nearly a whole season last year, which I saw week in & week out with my own eyes, was anything to go by, he would only of been getting to Nov/Dec :agree:

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Congratulations! :aok:

Welcome to the dark side; you got here in the end. :greengrin

I was never that far away to be honest. I could always understand what everyone else was saying, I just needed something a little more concrete to push me one way or the other. That statement did it for me.

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Of course there's no guarantee he'd of been sacked but if the football & results he served up for nearly a whole season last year, which I saw week in & week out with my own eyes, was anything to go by, he would only of been getting to Nov/Dec :agree:

Perhaps, but that's a sizeable if given the changes made to the team. It's a moot point though because I doubt that if Calderwood leaves Hibs it will be for nothing.

And, yes, I know I live in the US. :wink:

lapsedhibee
06-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Except people do exactly this every single day of the week, move their families closer to work

Nah. We do because we're all peg-selling hobos and caravans move easily, but people with regular jobs who live in houses don't move their families every day.

frazeHFC
06-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I have gone past the stage of keeping up with the CC situation. It is just boring now, and i cannot wait until it is resolved. Can the board not see the longer this goes on the more impatient the fans become and the more likely it becomes that we will be starting the season with the current squad, which is small and simply not good enough.

ronaldo7
06-07-2011, 09:33 PM
I had to take a step back from these threads over the last 12-18 hours because the whole thing is doing my nut in and I don't want my emotions to get the better of me and start lashing out at everyone. So I took a few deep breaths and stayed away from Hibs.net, choosing instead to read some media sites for updates.

So why my change of heart based on that one statement? First of all, his future would only be in the hands of the club if the manager and club were in disagreement with one another. If they were in agreement then there wouldn't be any fuss at all.

(2) CC wants to stay, RP wants to fire him - this doesn't really seem like a likely option. Firing CC has never been discussed and yesterday's club statement implies that the club wants him to stay (or they want (more) compensation). Nothing in the statement indicates the possibility of an imminent firing. That said, if he genuinely wants to stay and the club wants to fire him, this would fall into the category of the club being in control (but CC would have his pick of clubs and probably even qualify for severance so not a bad deal for him).
(3) CC wants to stay, RP wants to move him on - I don't think this could be done without CC's approval so it's not solely in the hands of the club.
(4) CC wants to leave, RP wants him to stay or sell him on - Petrie is in control.
(5) CC wants to leave, RP wants him to leave - if the manager and the club are in agreement then his future is not solely in the hands of the club.

I try and avoid putting too much faith in "facts" that are derived from puzzle pieces but this one statement is very telling. I don't care about his posture or body language. I don't even care that he has never stated that he will definitely stay at Hibs because the absence of such a statement does not always mean the inverse is true.

Just think of it as putting on your shades. When he's gone you can take them off and see the light.:wink:

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Just think of it as putting on your shades. When he's gone you can take them off and see the light.:wink:

:cool2:

While I see the writing slowly appear on the wall that doesn't mean I don't think that if given the opportunity (which I now have to edit to say, if he had taken the opportunity) I think he had potential and I would have liked to see what would have happened if he remained in charge. I believe our pre-season would have been under less scrutiny if it wasn't for this mess. I also don't believe that next season would have started where last season left off, far from it. But I seriously doubt any of us will ever find out.

Like him or hate him, there are people out there who obviously rate him as a coach and I'm sorry to say but I value their opinion above those of anonymous message board posters. Hibs liked him. Notts Forest like him. Birmingham like him. But he's pish.

cam75
06-07-2011, 10:18 PM

While I see the writing slowly appear on the wall that doesn't mean I don't think that if given the opportunity (which I now have to edit to say, if he had taken the opportunity) I think he had potential and I would have liked to see what would have happened if he remained in charge. I believe our pre-season would have been under less scrutiny if it wasn't for this mess. I also don't believe that next season would have started where last season left off, far from it. But I seriously doubt any of us will ever find out.

Like him or hate him, there are people out there who obviously rate him as a coach and I'm sorry to say but I value their opinion above those of anonymous message board posters. Hibs liked him. Notts Forest like him. Birmingham like him. But he's pish.

Like him or hate him, there are people out there who obviously rate him as a coach and I'm sorry to say but I value their opinion above those of anonymous message board posters. Hibs liked him. Notts Forest like him. Birmingham like him. But he's pish.[/QUOTE]

Bang on mate

WhileTheChief..
06-07-2011, 10:25 PM

Thing is, it doesn't really matter how highly anyone regards him - actions speak louder than words - and his record at Hibs is woeful.

Leaving everything else aside, and focusing only on results and performances, he must go down as one of HIbs' worst ever managers.

I don't have the facts or evidence to back this up, sometimes they're not needed, but years from now when we look back on this there won't be anybody saying 'if only he'd stayed'. He'll be held in the same regard as Duffy and Williamson.

NthCarolinaHibs
06-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Like him or hate him, there are people out there who obviously rate him as a coach and I'm sorry to say but I value their opinion above those of anonymous message board posters. Hibs liked him. Notts Forest like him. Birmingham like him. But he's pish. Ah'm wondering what the BC and NF fans are making of this...two clubs fighting it out for him to be their #2...they must be thinking he will be the one helping them get back into the EPL, with all this carry on :rolleyes:

The Harp
06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Perhaps, but that's a sizeable if given the changes made to the team. It's a moot point though because I doubt that if Calderwood leaves Hibs it will be for nothing.

And, yes, I know I live in the US. :wink:

I'd say Rod is more than a match for whoever will handle the negotiations to take CC away from the Club. However, it seems to me this is making financial gain the priority when most of us simply want the team to be in the right collective frame of mind to make the best possible start to the new campaign.
Rod's stance on this issue would be fine if time was on our side, but it isn't. With the season almost upon us, and several more players required if we want to improve on our miserable 10th position of last term, holding out for a significant cheque as compensation is a high risk strategy.

matty_f
06-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I'd say Rod is more than a match for whoever will handle the negotiations to take CC away from the Club. However, it seems to me this is making financial gain the priority when most of us simply want the team to be in the right collective frame of mind to make the best possible start to the new campaign.
Rod's stance on this issue would be fine if time was on our side, but it isn't. With the season almost upon us, and several more players required if we want to improve on our miserable 10th position of last term, holding out for a significant cheque as compensation is a high risk strategy.

I think Rod's only taking this stance with the confidence of having had several meetings and conversations with Calderwood, from which Petrie is certain that the preparation for the season will not be compromised. Now, we as a support can speculate as much as we like about how much this situation is damaging the club, but really, we don't have a clue whether it is or not, really.

I also don't think for a moment that the board are not working in the background to line up a replacement should the eventuality arise that either Forest or Birmingham stump up what we value CC at.

There needs to be a realisation that the board want what is best for the team. It is entirely in their best interests for the first team to be as successful as possible. If there was any thought in their minds that holding out for an extra hundred grand now was going to jeapordise twice, three times, or more than that amount come the end of the season, they'd act to remove that risk.

The board are slated on here at times for being money men and not football men, regardless of whether or not that is a fair statement to make.

Regardless of which they are, THE single thing that will make them successful is a winning team on the park. This is why they consistently tell us the first team is the priority, that everything they do is geared towards success on the pitch.

They would not compromise the club for the sake of posturing. Those that are working at the club, the players, coaching staff, manager and directors will all know what is expected and will all be doing what they should be doing to get the team ready for the season.

Spike Mandela
06-07-2011, 11:06 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Colin-Calderwood-prepared-to-stay.6797225.jp

CC building bridges in case he is forced to stay?

brydekirk
06-07-2011, 11:08 PM
:top marks

BEEJ
06-07-2011, 11:21 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Colin-Calderwood-prepared-to-stay.6797225.jp

CC building bridges in case he is forced to stay?

A spokesman for the club described it as "business as usual" following Tuesday night's friendly defeat to Livingston,...

An unfortunate turn of phrase there. :rolleyes:

matty_f
07-07-2011, 12:16 AM
An unfortunate turn of phrase there. :rolleyes:

:tee hee: good spot!

down the slope
07-07-2011, 06:33 AM
From todays sun http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3681899/Brum-in-new-bid-for-Calderwood.html
maybe it will be resolved soon ?.

TrickyNicky
07-07-2011, 06:40 AM
From todays sun http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3681899/Brum-in-new-bid-for-Calderwood.html

Look at the state of Colin's tie in that picture, too large a knot and nowhere near the correct length!!

If the fashion police catch wind of this, the present saga will be the least of his worries, possibly looking at 15 to life unless he can cut a deal by giving information regarding Teddy Sheringham's 5 button, collarless jacket!!:wink:

stokesmessiah
07-07-2011, 08:06 AM

Not really thats two day old news, just being regurgatated !!

I Love Lamp
07-07-2011, 10:10 AM
It's an all-or-nothing game for the Board. If they get better compo than they would have otherwise, then great: excellent money for a manager who had left many fans unconvinced.

However, there's a big risk that the deal doesn't go through and then the Board have painted themselves into a corner. Fans would never forgive them if they ended up having to pay compensation to Calderwood when they could have received a sizeable sum only a few months before and because the Board wouldn't risk their own position, you are left with the crazy situation of a manager whose loyalty is questionable and whose performance, so far, has been less than inspiring being pretty much unsackable for the forseeable future, no matter how badly he does. This will be even more awkward considering that the fans will have little goodwill towards Calderwood due to this ongoing farce.

If next season starts badly, the Club will be stuck with a manager who all the fans want out but the Board are more or less compelled to stick with, which would be bad for morale.

Hopefully either (a) he goes for maximum possible compo or (b) he stays and does well next season. Both very possible positive scenarios so there's no immediate need for alarm but the negative scenario is the stuff of nightmares. It's a high risk game the Board is playing IMHO.

hibby67
07-07-2011, 10:25 AM
It's an all-or-nothing game for the Board. If they get better compo than they would have otherwise, then great: excellent money for a manager who had left many fans unconvinced.

However, there's a big risk that the deal doesn't go through and then the Board have painted themselves into a corner. Fans would never forgive them if they ended up having to pay compensation to Calderwood when they could have received a sizeable sum only a few months before and because the Board wouldn't risk their own position, you are left with the crazy situation of a manager whose loyalty is questionable and whose performance, so far, has been less than inspiring being pretty much unsackable for the forseeable future, no matter how badly he does. This will be even more awkward considering that the fans will have little goodwill towards Calderwood due to this ongoing farce.

If next season starts badly, the Club will be stuck with a manager who all the fans want out but the Board are more or less compelled to stick with, which would be bad for morale.

Hopefully either (a) he goes for maximum possible compo or (b) he stays and does well next season. Both very possible positive scenarios so there's no immediate need for alarm but the negative scenario is the stuff of nightmares. It's a high risk game the Board is playing IMHO.

it may be a high risk game but good on rodders...brimingham and forrest probably think hibs are a small scottish club that will take any money they offer.... but a least rodders is sticking two fingers up to them and saying if you really want cc then SHOW ME THE MONEY.....:I'm waiti

shagpile
07-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Number 4 is the wrong'un. If CC wants to leave then he is in control. The last thing any club needs is an unhappy employee, especially its manager.
Rod can tie him to a stake in his office ,but if CC doesn't want to be there it is a pointless exercise. No one wins i'm afraid.

ronaldo7
07-07-2011, 10:48 AM

I too thought the appointment of CC would take us to a new level playing wise, and have the club on a more professional footing, and having spent a short amount of time with him at the sponsors evening was impressed with most things he had to say. This has been tarnished somewhat in the last few weeks, however I do know what it's like living in one part of the country with your family in another area(its difficult) but he signed up for the deal. He's had his head turned by some cola cubes and left us with the soor plooms unfortunately.

I Love Lamp
07-07-2011, 11:43 AM
it may be a high risk game but good on rodders...brimingham and forrest probably think hibs are a small scottish club that will take any money they offer.... but a least rodders is sticking two fingers up to them and saying if you really want cc then SHOW ME THE MONEY.....:I'm waiti

I agree with that. The way so much has been allowed to leak out in the media in terms of offers and supposed negotiations is disgraceful. It is the traditional tapping-up plus media pressure technique and they probably think that, as you say, a small Scottish club will eventually fold. They unlikely would have tried this with another Championship club. I'm also encouraged by the more professional tone adopted by Calderwood in his recent pronouncments as against previous ones. It suggests that, if neither of the clubs cough up sufficient compensation, he could still work in the interests of the club.

I was only pointing out the possible downside if the plan doesn't work and if the start of the season doesn't go as we would hope. The bottom line is that, if you want to recruit a member of staff at another club, you must first ask permission and then agree compensation. That hasn't happened here and Petrie is entitled to demand full compensation. It's just a shame that the leaking has allowed it to become such a furore.

Speedway
07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I too thought the appointment of CC would take us to a new level playing wise, and have the club on a more professional footing, and having spent a short amount of time with him at the sponsors evening was impressed with most things he had to say. This has been tarnished somewhat in the last few weeks, however I do know what it's like living in one part of the country with your family in another area(its difficult) but he signed up for the deal. He's had his head turned by some cola cubes and left us with the soor plooms unfortunately.

I thought the soor plums were posting on this thread.

What we really need is someone to write an open letter to CC and tell him how we feel. Ideally it would have the phrase enough is enough in capital letters.

bawheid
07-07-2011, 12:08 PM

What we really need is someone to write an open letter to CC and tell him how we feel. Ideally it would have the phrase enough is enough in capital letters.

We mean business.

flash
07-07-2011, 12:36 PM
3 letters cover it for me. gtf.

basehibby
07-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I agree with that. The way so much has been allowed to leak out in the media in terms of offers and supposed negotiations is disgraceful. It is the traditional tapping-up plus media pressure technique and they probably think that, as you say, a small Scottish club will eventually fold. They unlikely would have tried this with another Championship club. I'm also encouraged by the more professional tone adopted by Calderwood in his recent pronouncments as against previous ones. It suggests that, if neither of the clubs cough up sufficient compensation, he could still work in the interests of the club.

I was only pointing out the possible downside if the plan doesn't work and if the start of the season doesn't go as we would hope. The bottom line is that, if you want to recruit a member of staff at another club, you must first ask permission and then agree compensation. That hasn't happened here and Petrie is entitled to demand full compensation. It's just a shame that the leaking has allowed it to become such a furore.

:agree: Of course the furore that has been unleashed on here is exactly what Forest and McLaren will have been hoping for - thus applying pressure on the board from disgruntled supporters to shift the manager and drop the asking price.

In my view, Calderwood has been as honest as he can be about his intentions in saying that he is interested because of his familial arrangements but remains Hibs' manager and will respect the terms of his contract.

This has of course unleashed furore because he hasn't pledged his soul to the Hibees along the lines of Alex "here as long as I'm wanted" McLeish and Tony "unfinished business" Mowbray - which of course would put everyones minds at rest :whistle:

jdships
07-07-2011, 01:34 PM
This taken from an interview with CC in to-days EEN

" He said: "What I don't want to do is to be demeaning towards Hibs and their supporters. Until there is a conclusion or an agreement my future is always with Hibs.

"I'm under contract, I understand the terms of the contract and, until that changes, then I'm here. I don't think the speculation is unsettling, but I don't want it to carry on forever." "

How b....y patronising can you get or is he just plain thick ?

He also is quoted as saying
"There is the appeal of being closer to the family. I can't get away from that fact and it's something that was there before I came to Hibs."

Does this mean taking the Hibs job was a " knee jerk" decision ?.

Surely after this the man has no credibility left

:rolleyes::confused:

Saorsa
07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
This taken from an interview with CC in to-days EEN

" He said: "What I don't want to do is to be demeaning towards Hibs and their supporters. Until there is a conclusion or an agreement my future is always with Hibs.

"I'm under contract, I understand the terms of the contract and, until that changes, then I'm here. I don't think the speculation is unsettling, but I don't want it to carry on forever." "

How b....y patronising can you get or is he just plain thick ?

He also is quoted as saying
"There is the appeal of being closer to the family. I can't get away from that fact and it's something that was there before I came to Hibs."

Does this mean taking the Hibs job was a " knee jerk" decision ?.

Surely after this the man has no credibility left

:rolleyes::confused:lost credibility weeks ago as far as I'm concerned, sooner the he's out the door the better.

Cropley10
07-07-2011, 01:37 PM

:agree: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?213048-A-Letter-to-Colin-Calderwood

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 01:38 PM
lost credibility weeks ago as far as I'm concerned, sooner the he's out the door the better.

Yip, its drip drip drip with his whinging, GTF.

jdships
07-07-2011, 01:45 PM
lost credibility weeks ago as far as I'm concerned, sooner the he's out the door the better.

For the good of the club and " all who sail in her " that is the only solution to this sorry mess
:flag:

ronaldo7
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM

Open letters are for cardigan wearers. I am more of a tight fitting hibs top myself.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Open letters are for cardigan wearers. I am more of a tight fitting hibs top myself.

:agree: i have the pictures to prove it too. :greengrin

stevej
07-07-2011, 02:29 PM
One thing that is relevant is that whatever compensation clause there is for CC would have always been based on the assumption if another club wanted him it would to become their manager

Dont think anybody thought clubs would be coming in for him to be an assistant manager

Although you can quite rightly say Forest or Birmingham should just pay the money or clear off - this is such a strange one

It is being compared to McCleish who just walked out leaving Villa and Birmingham to fight over compensation whilst he just got on with the job

When you think about it he actually did Birmingham some good by just walking and letting thyem replace him so soon

Here neither Forest nor Birmingham need this to happen urgently like Villa did with McCleish and at the same time they shouldnt be shelling out huge money just to get an assistant IMO

Doesnt help you guys though and for sure you do need something to happen quickly one way or another

stevej
07-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I am also starting to think any negotiation that is happening is actually between Calderwood's agent and your chairman whereby the agent is actually trying to bring the compensation figure down

If the agent knows what Forest and Brimingham are willing to pay and can get your chairman to agree that would explain why Forest and Birmingham can be said by your chairman not to be in talks with Hibs

Instead they can talk to the agent and the agent can talk to your chairman and Calderwood

Hope that makes sense

bawheid
07-07-2011, 02:37 PM
One thing that is relevant is that whatever compensation clause there is for CC would have always been based on the assumption if another club wanted him it would to become their manager

Dont think anybody thought clubs would be coming in for him to be an assistant manager

Although you can quite rightly say Forest or Birmingham should just pay the money or clear off - this is such a strange one

It is being compared to McCleish who just walked out leaving Villa and Birmingham to fight over compensation whilst he just got on with the job

When you think about it he actually did Birmingham some good by just walking and letting thyem replace him so soon

Here neither Forest nor Birmingham need this to happen urgently like Villa did with McCleish and at the same time they shouldnt be shelling out huge money just to get an assistant IMO

Doesnt help you guys though and for sure you do need something to happen quickly one way or another

Colin Calderwood is the Hibernian manager.

Your club are looking to buy a manager. Just because they want to use him as an assistant, doesn't mean they shouldn't pay the going rate for a manager.

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Thing is, it doesn't really matter how highly anyone regards him - actions speak louder than words - and his record at Hibs is woeful.

Leaving everything else aside, and focusing only on results and performances, he must go down as one of HIbs' worst ever managers.

I don't have the facts or evidence to back this up, sometimes they're not needed, but years from now when we look back on this there won't be anybody saying 'if only he'd stayed'. He'll be held in the same regard as Duffy and Williamson.

If we look at Hibs record while he was in charge, it is woeful. Can't dispute that.

The thing is, I don't think that we can say it's all down to him. It's not just CC's record, it's Hibs' record - the collective team. CC was in charge but, sorry, they weren't his players. There are those that say he should have done better and of course I would have liked to have seen that but we have no way of knowing if anyone else would have done a better job with those players. If we're going to record him as one of the worst ever managers then I personally would like to see an asterisk beside that saying that he didn't get to start out with his own team so he was never given the opportunity, or didn't take the opportunity, to show us what he can do with a fresh slate.

Brooster
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Stevej - Nobody knows what exactly is going on but you can rest assured that Petrie will not be negotiating with anyone. He will only begin talks when Brum or Forest decide to meet the asking price (which in this instance we know is £300k+).

stevej
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Colin Calderwood is the Hibernian manager.

Your club are looking to buy a manager. Just because they want to use him as an assistant, doesn't mean they shouldn't pay the going rate for a manager.

Dont disagree with you at all

But same time saying it is ridiculous for either of them to even contemplate manager level compensation to get an assistant

So why have they even tried ?

I reckon the agent has told them a deal can be done if they handle it the right way otherwise surely they would have both backed off by now

basehibby
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM

I disagree completely with this nonsense you're spouting - the release clause in Calderwood's contract is there purely to protect Hibs from predatory bids of exactly the nature we are now experiencing - what capacity he's wanted for at other clubs is completely irrelevant. He IS Hibs' manager and any compensation should reflect exactly that.

stevej
07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Stevej - Nobody knows what exactly is going on but you can rest assured that Petrie will not be negotiating with anyone. He will only begin talks when Brum or Forest decide to meet the asking price (which in this instance we know is £300k+).

You get the impression for sure your chairman wont negotiate -so why havent they just given up and accepted it wont happen ?

Something must be happening to make them think they still have a chance of doing a deal without paying the full money your chairman wants

They also must be a long way out because an extra say £100k should not be stopping one of them from getting it done for everybodys sake

s.a.m
07-07-2011, 02:51 PM

But same time saying it is ridiculous for either of them to even contemplate manager level compensation to get an assistant

I reckon the agent has told them a deal can be done if they handle it the right way otherwise surely they would have both backed off by now

Indeed. If they wanted an assistant on the cheap, attempting to poach another team's manager doesn't seem like a well thought out way to go about it.

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 02:52 PM

To be fair, do we really know what the hold up is? Do we know who is at fault? I am not a money man but I wonder how long this should take? I think the reason it's taking this long is to try and unsettle the team (working!) so that they can manhandle Hibs into doing what they want. RP doesn't need to move things along super fast, not if if actually wants Colin to stick around. What concerns me most right now is the team building. We need more players, that much is a given, and we need to get them in sharpish. But that can't happen with all this crap going on. I do believe that CC is still capable of preparing the team that we do have. Some people will think his heart is not in it and he is looking elsewhere but I see no reason to question his commitment to do the job while he's still here and picking up a pay cheque. I can only speak for myself but I know that when I am in the process of changing jobs, I don't let me work ethic fly out the window, no matter how keen I might be to get out of there. Is there any reason to call CC's work ethic into question?

stevej
07-07-2011, 02:56 PM
I disagree completely with this nonsense you're spouting - the release clause in Calderwood's contract is there purely to protect Hibs from predatory bids of exactly the nature we are now experiencing - what capacity he's wanted for at other clubs is completely irrelevant. He IS Hibs' manager and any compensation should reflect exactly that.

Sorry basehibby - I am not saying Hibs shouldnt get the full amount regardless of whether he becomes manager, assistant or kitman

Just wondering why Birmingham and Forest even thought this was doable or could be negotiated down in the first place because clearly neither of them are prepared to pay it in full or he would have gone ages ago

I think the agent has told both clubs a deal can be done and the way to do it is through the media - I think your chairmans comments about the agent the other day are very relevant

I think Forest and Birmingham are waiting for CC's agent to say yes you can now get him for £XXX and at that stage they will do a deal

And any talks are between Petrie, Calderwood and his agent until then

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Number 4 is the wrong'un. If CC wants to leave then he is in control. The last thing any club needs is an unhappy employee, especially its manager.
Rod can tie him to a stake in his office ,but if CC doesn't want to be there it is a pointless exercise. No one wins i'm afraid.

I don't think it's wrong because the key here is he said "solely" in control. I agree that keeping an unhappy manager is not a great idea, especially if he lets it affect his overall performance, but it's not him that is in control, it's the board because it's them that decides if can leave or not. I'm focusing very closely on the word "solely". That's what spoke volumes to me. If he had said that board is in control then the meaning would be similar but saying solely in control makes it a much stronger statement, to me.

basehibby
07-07-2011, 03:01 PM

Remember that Championship wages will be considerably in excess of SPL wages so maybe the gap isn't as big as we think.

Regardless, I think that considering the damage that has alrready been done to our pre-season, full compensation is what should be expected. Otherwise GTF.

That's what I'd be doing in Rod's shoes anyway.

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Bit on bold, agreed. I watched an interview on Sky Sports online and when the topic of family came up he didn't strike me as being overly concerned by it so I'm not convinced that is even an issue. He also stated that the situation was like that when he signed. If he burst into tears because he misses his family so much then I would give that more attention but he honestly didn't look that upset to me.

stevej
07-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Remember that Championship wages will be considerably in excess of SPL wages so maybe the gap isn't as big as we think.

Regardless, I think that considering the damage that has alrready been done to our pre-season, full compensation is what should be expected. Otherwise GTF.

And assuming Rod stands firm and both clubs wont pay what he wants are you then happy to keep him and carry on as though it never happened ?

I try and put myself in your guy's shoes and have to think this is hard to be forgotten about and almost a guaranteed set up for failure for Calderwood in the near future.

lets be honest even if none of this has happened and he was 100% focussed with the fans 100% behind him - a manager's job is hard enough anyway.

I cannot see how he can come through this for you successfully myself. Would be the turnaround of all time if he stays and becomes a long term succes with you after all of this IMO.

If I was in Petrie's shoes I would negotiate within reason

bighairyfaeleith
07-07-2011, 03:08 PM

If you start wearing petries shoes he will be after compo from you as well, ken what the tight ****er is like!!:wink:

Brooster
07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Ive said all along that Im keen on CC leaving because I dont rate him at all and if he does go I hope he goes to Brum for two reasons:
1. Forest and McLaren are sneaky bawbags.
2. Wolves are my English team lol. :flag:

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 03:16 PM
You get the impression for sure your chairman wont negotiate -so why havent they just given up and accepted it wont happen ?

Something must be happening to make them think they still have a chance of doing a deal without paying the full money your chairman wants

They also must be a long way out because an extra say £100k should not be stopping one of them from getting it done for everybodys sake

I think they know how unsettling all of this is and are trying to use these tactics to get what they want. Like when a kid cries in the store because he/she wants a toy right now.

basehibby
07-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Bit on bold, agreed. I watched an interview on Sky Sports online and when the topic of family came up he didn't strike me as being overly concerned by it so I'm not convinced that is even an issue. He also stated that the situation was like that when he signed. If he burst into tears because he misses his family so much then I would give that more attention but he honestly didn't look that upset to me.

I think the family/geography factor has got to be a big consideration - otherwise I simply cannot see why Calderwood would be remotely interested in an assistant job in the Championship.

The facts are that he repeatedly applied for the Hibs MANAGER job, citing his desire to be No1, and that he left a big EPL club in Newcastle to do so.

Given his complicated family arrangements I can fully understand the attraction of moving south - on the other hand his firmly stated career ambitions will also have a pull - hence his non-commital attitude in interviews - that's my take on it anyway.

Whatever the motivations I just wish that Forest/Brum would either stump up or F*** off so as we can get on with our preparations for the season ahead.

lapsedhibee
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I think they know how unsettling all of this is and are trying to use these tactics to get what they want. Like when a kid cries in the store because he/she wants a toy right now.

:agree: Except what Shteve and NF are doing is less dignified. The proper, professional way to go about it would have been to write a weekly column in the Daily Record.

basehibby
07-07-2011, 03:22 PM
If you start wearing petries shoes he will be after compo from you as well, ken what the tight ****er is like!!:wink:

:greengrin

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 03:23 PM

Sorry to take this off-topic but it reminds me of a signature I once read on a forum, not sure if it was this one but it might have been.

Just found it is a quote from the big yin.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

KeithTheHibby
07-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Another day goes by and no movement..probably more worrying is the fact that we appear to have stopped looking for players to add to a very weak squad.

J-C
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
What really annoys me is that if family issues were already a problem prior to signing for us, why on earth take a job back up in Scotland, when all this was going to come to a head sooner or later.

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
:agree: Except what Shteve and NF are doing is less dignified. The proper, professional way to go about it would have been to write a weekly column in the Daily Record.

:not worth

basehibby
07-07-2011, 03:37 PM
If we look at Hibs record while he was in charge, it is woeful. Can't dispute that.

The thing is, I don't think that we can say it's all down to him. It's not just CC's record, it's Hibs' record - the collective team. CC was in charge but, sorry, they weren't his players. There are those that say he should have done better and of course I would have liked to have seen that but we have no way of knowing if anyone else would have done a better job with those players. If we're going to record him as one of the worst ever managers then I personally would like to see an asterisk beside that saying that he didn't get to start out with his own team so he was never given the opportunity, or didn't take the opportunity, to show us what he can do with a fresh slate.

I WOULD dispute that - I would sum up his performance thus far at Hibs in 3 stages:

Stage 1) Just in the door with a team on a downward spiral - no improvement on that - equally woeful performance to his predecessor.

Stage 2) With 5 new recruits in the Jan window he has 2 objectives - Primary: avoid relegation - Secondary: squeeze into the top 6. In this admittedly short period his performance could arguably be described as excellent.

Stage 3) Primary Objective achieved and Secondary objective proving a bridge too far, performance up to the end of the season slipped back into a category which could only be described as woeful.

So - to sum up it would be fair to call his performance so far unconvincing but equally you could call it promising and I think that was reflected in the opinions of the fans before all this palava came about. But woeful? No - not IMO anyway.

Aldo
07-07-2011, 03:56 PM
What really annoys me is that if family issues were already a problem prior to signing for us, why on earth take a job back up in Scotland, when all this was going to come to a head sooner or later.

JC1 I would of thought he would of gave the board assurances that there would not be a problem in respect of this. Has CC pulled the wool over the boards eyes and went back on an agreement...hence the reason he hasnt resigned???

This really is going on too long and with the season starting 2 weeks on Sunday it is not the ideal preperation IMHO.

We need new faces in and now because as soon as we get a few injuries and suspensions we wil be ****ed.

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I WOULD dispute that - I would sum up his performance thus far at Hibs in 3 stages:

Stage 1) Just in the door with a team on a downward spiral - no improvement on that - equally woeful performance to his predecessor.

Stage 2) With 5 new recruits in the Jan window he has 2 objectives - Primary: avoid relegation - Secondary: squeeze into the top 6. In this admittedly short period his performance could arguably be described as excellent.

Stage 3) Primary Objective achieved and Secondary objective proving a bridge too far, performance up to the end of the season slipped back into a category which could only be described as woeful.

So - to sum up it would be fair to call his performance so far unconvincing but equally you could call it promising and I think that was reflected in the opinions of the fans before all this palava came about. But woeful? No - not IMO anyway.

I agree but just to be clear, I didn't say HE was woeful, I said that Hibs record while he was in charge was woeful. And that is indisputable but that doesn't mean I am putting any / most / all of the blame on him.

Andy74
07-07-2011, 03:59 PM

You could say the only difference was Graham Stack who was also out when we went on our previous bad run.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 04:01 PM
You could say the only difference was Graham Stack who was also out when we went on our previous bad run.

:tee hee:

1Eddie_Turnbull
07-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I have never been party to negotiations between 2 club chairmen but given that these teams want him, he wants to go, and first contact was made to Hibs on 24th June, how in the name of Christ can this still be dragging on?

24th June
NF Chairman: Hi Mr Petrie, we want your manager to be our new assistant manager.
RP: Nae bother, £400k and he's yours.
NFC: I'll phone you back!

25th June
NFC: We'll give you £300k.
RP: Nuh!

26th June
NFC: We'll give you £305k.

27th June
NFC: We'll give you £310k.

28th June
NFC: We'll give you £315k.

...........and so on, you get the picture!

Good news is that he'll be away on the 15th June! In the meantime it's excruciating, infuriating and ludicrous!

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I have never been party to negotiations between 2 club chairmen but given that these teams want him, he wants to go, and first contact was made to Hibs on 24th June, how in the name of Christ can this still be dragging on?

24th June
NF Chairman: Hi Mr Petrie, we want your manager to be our new assistant manager.
RP: Nae bother, £400k and he's yours.
NFC: I'll phone you back!

25th June
NFC: We'll give you £300k.

26th June
NFC: We'll give you £305k.

27th June
NFC: We'll give you £310k.

28th June
NFC: We'll give you £315k.

...........and so on, you get the picture!

Good news is that he'll be away on the 15th June! In the meantime it's excruciating, infuriating and ludicrous!

Hmmmm:hmmm:

MrSmith
07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by 1Eddie_Turnbull
Good news is that he'll be away on the 15th July! In the meantime it's excruciating, infuriating and ludicrous!There, fixed it for you?

Obviously Harry Potter playing end games and will magically disappear him!

Westie1875
07-07-2011, 04:56 PM
I am also starting to think any negotiation that is happening is actually between Calderwood's agent and your chairman whereby the agent is actually trying to bring the compensation figure down

If the agent knows what Forest and Brimingham are willing to pay and can get your chairman to agree that would explain why Forest and Birmingham can be said by your chairman not to be in talks with Hibs

Instead they can talk to the agent and the agent can talk to your chairman and Calderwood

Hope that makes sense

Any conversation of this type will be very short as RP will not negotiate, he will have a figure in his head and you either meet that and get your man or you don't and nothing happens.

Petrie does not negotiate on transfers/compensation payments, if the brolly and your chairman think they will get anywhere by playing this out through the media they are being very naive and are more than likely making Petrie more difficult to deal with in the process.

Hibs don't do this type of thing in public, and they are clearly not happy with how your club have behaved. I'd be willing to bet that RP would rather do business with Birmingham because of this.

DH1875
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't get it. Even a blind man can see CC doesn't want to be here anymore so why the duck are we p***ing about. I'd get rid of him for nowt so why we're knocking back £300k offers is beyond me.

Kaiser1962
07-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't get it. Even a blind man can see CC doesn't want to be here anymore so why the duck are we p***ing about. I'd get rid of him for nowt so why we're knocking back £300k offers is beyond me.

And then the next manager who wants to leave for pastures new, who has had a bit more success than CC, do you let him go for nowt just cos he's pissed off?

random sub
07-07-2011, 05:12 PM

Agree- we need to ship him out asap. This situation is ridiculous on so many levels.

lapsedhibee
07-07-2011, 05:17 PM

What, he's going to be whisked off to be number two at Scotland, as well as BC and NF?

Three cardboard cutouts needed in that case! :grr: Where will it all end?

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Which is why I'm glad you're not making the decisions.

I fully understand why some people want him out the club. If he doesn't want to be at Hibs then I don't really want him here either. But getting rid of him at our expense is not an option IMO.

Cropley10
07-07-2011, 05:31 PM

I fully understand why some people want him out the club. If he doesn't want to be at Hibs then I don't really want him here either. But getting rid of him at our expense is not an option IMO.

I think the pertinent question is why are we knocking back £300k. I know we'd rather keep him but he'd rather leave...

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
And then the next manager who wants to leave for pastures new, who has had a bit more success than CC, do you let him go for nowt just cos he's pissed off?

Not really, you fight tooth and nail for the good ones?

MrSmith
07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I think the pertinent question is why are we knocking back £300k. I know we'd rather keep him but he'd rather leave...

Yep, that is definitely the issue for me! Take the £300,000 and let him walk! Why not?

Franck Stanton
07-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Another day goes by and no movement..probably more worrying is the fact that we appear to have stopped looking for players to add to a very weak squad.

Correct, all this "is going/is he staying" keek has deflected attention away from the fact we are not signing much needed players. Not even any rumours. Now I know that the board will be very reluctant to release funds to a manager that may not even be there this time next week but, if we are to believe the way the Hibs machine works, CC would have provided a list of player targets to the board some time ago and whoevers responsibility it is to pursue these players would do the bulk of the negotiating and CC come in at the "death" as such. Now we find ourselves in a position where the first game of the season is only 17 days away and to be brutally honest, if we go into the season with our current squad, well we struggled to 10th last season and I rekon we would be lucky to do likewise this season.
Bottom line - GET THIS MESS SORTED AND MOVE ON NOW

DH1875
07-07-2011, 06:03 PM

Do you not think £300k is a good price for him? Other than having 2 years left on his contract what's he done to deserve it. Put it this way, say he stay's and the team continue to play and continue the form of last season. It'll cost us that to show him the door come December.
And while I'm at it. Rod's got to be at the wind up. He can dress up CC's record all he wants but to me 8 wins and 18 loses from 32 games is a shocking record, especially when you consider the amount of games we played against bottom 6 teams.

Saorsa
07-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Yep, that is definitely the issue for me! Take the £300,000 and let him walk! Why not?:agree:

Do you not think £300k is a good price for him? Other than having 2 years left on his contract what's he done to deserve it. Put it this way, say he stay's and the team continue to play and continue the form of last season. It'll cost us that to show him the door come December.
And while I'm at it. Rod's got to be at the wind up. He can dress up CC's record all he wants but to me 8 wins and 18 loses from 32 games is a shocking record, especially when you consider the amount of games we played against bottom 6 teams.:agree:

It's probably about twice what he cost (and more than he's worth IMO). The longer this crap goes on the more potential there is for us tae lose a sight more in other ways than what Petrie is probably holding out for. Another poor season? poor season ticket sales?

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 06:41 PM

because we want more. :)

I have no idea what is happening behind the scenes but I feel reasonably sure that the board are not trying to sabotage the club and that makes me think they're not looking for another 50 or 60 grand. They must have a line in the sand and presumably no club has come close to that, or not close enough.

I'm not sure that this is totally wrecking our pre-season with the obvious exception of no new players coming in right now. I wonder how exactly the board think we can mount any sort of challenge next season with no more additions......so maybe they don't think that at all but I would love to know what is going through their heads.

HibsMax
07-07-2011, 06:45 PM
And while I'm at it. Rod's got to be at the wind up. He can dress up CC's record all he wants but to me 8 wins and 18 loses from 32 games is a shocking record, especially when you consider the amount of games we played against bottom 6 teams.

I can't say because I don't know what all the moving parts are. I don't know if that would equate to a loss or win (financially). Maybe the club still wants to keep him? Maybe they have a manger lined up to take over, a manager who has one or more targets that would only be gettable if we get X for CC? I don't know. Too many possibilities.

If the contract that CC signed says, for example, 500,000, why accept 300,000? Why not write 300,000 into the contract instead?

EDIT : what has he done to deserve it? he's attracted the attention of not one but two Championship sides. just because certain fans here don't think he's a good coach doesn't mean that others don't. we have two competing clubs, let's play them off one another and make one of them pay.

1Eddie_Turnbull
07-07-2011, 06:57 PM
There, fixed it for you?

Cheers Mr Smith. It's so infuriating I forgot which month we're in!

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM

:agree: Especially when you concider just how lucky we were in those games we won. :faf:

Kaiser1962
07-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Yep, that is definitely the issue for me! Take the £300,000 and let him walk! Why not?

I'm actually with you guys on this. I would take the £300k and move on.

Thing is that his agent is (allegedly) trying to negotiate with Rod to allow CC to escape and beat down the compo figure. I assume this is the same guy who negotiated the same clause with Rod 9 moths ago while negotiating CC's wages and telling Rod what a good deal he was getting.

That is not a job I would fancy if I'm honest.

Alfred E Newman
07-07-2011, 08:16 PM
I can't say because I don't know what all the moving parts are. I don't know if that would equate to a loss or win (financially). Maybe the club still wants to keep him? Maybe they have a manger lined up to take over, a manager who has one or more targets that would only be gettable if we get X for CC? I don't know. Too many possibilities.

If the contract that CC signed says, for example, 500,000, why accept 300,000? Why not write 300,000 into the contract instead?

EDIT : what has he done to deserve it? he's attracted the attention of not one but two Championship sides. just because certain fans here don't think he's a good coach doesn't mean that others don't. we have two competing clubs, let's play them off one another and make one of them pay.

He may well be a good coach but it is a manager we need, and one that is as committed to the club as we are. The sooner he is away the better.

WindyMiller
07-07-2011, 08:16 PM

IIRC his son lives with his ex-wife, I doubt she would just up-sticks.

R'Albin
07-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I hope cc is still looking for players whilst this goes on, out squad is looking a bit thin. Also do we have a scouting system? Just wondering...

PapillonVert
07-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Sorry, I haven't been following each and every post.

Can someone tell me - do we have a committed manager, is the Board still negotiating to get some cash for him going somewhere else, are we stilll in the situation of no-one knows, total limbo, he might be here, he might be there, most probably he's somewhere in between, we just toddle along, no-one knows, what the heck, check with me tomorrow, got to talk to this person, don't have a clue, who knows, Christ who cares, BTW is the season about to start, is anyone in charge, what the eff is going on, have we got a complete squad, are they properly prepared, can anyone hazard a guess as to why I forked out extremely hard-earned cash to purchase a season ticket?

Positive answers only, please.

Springbank
07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Sorry, I haven't been following each and every post.

Can someone tell me - do we have a committed manager, is the Board still negotiating to get some cash for him going somewhere else, are we stilll in the situation of no-one knows, total limbo, he might be here, he might be there, most probably he's somewhere in between, we just toddle along, no-one knows, what the heck, check with me tomorrow, got to talk to this person, don't have a clue, who knows, Christ who cares, BTW is the season about to start, is anyone in charge, what the eff is going on, have we got a complete squad, are they properly prepared, can anyone hazard a guess as to why I forked out extremely hard-earned cash to purchase a season ticket?

Positive answers only, please.

Short answer, no (to the part in bold)

Know you wanted positive answers so here goes - our band (choc full of Hibees like m'good self) are playing at this weekend's T in the Park … catch Whisky Kiss on Sunday 5pm til 7pm.

We'll be noising up Yams with our version of stayin alive aka "this song is for Leith, this song is not for Wallace Mercer"

you can see a sneak peak from rehearsals here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQAJhWXJfU

We'll have loads of fun this weekend, Jambos won't but f*** them, so that's a positive (right???) Come on the Hibees, come on TITP!!!

basehibby
07-07-2011, 11:54 PM

Know you wanted positive answers so here goes - our band (choc full of Hibees like m'good self) are playing at this weekend's T in the Park … catch Whisky Kiss on Sunday 5pm til 7pm.

We'll be noising up Yams with our version of stayin alive aka "this song is for Leith, this song is not for Wallace Mercer"

you can see a sneak peak from rehearsals here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQAJhWXJfU

We'll have loads of fun this weekend, Jambos won't but f*** them, so that's a positive (right???) Come on the Hibees, come on TITP!!!

Enjoy the T

How about some more BeeGees tracks for your gig .....

If I Can't Have You (From McLaren and Hughton to CC)
How Deep is Your Love (From Hibees to CC)
Islands In The Stream (CC, McLaren and the Mystery Man)
You Win Again (Forest/Brum to RP???)
Heartbreaker (could this still be Calderwood's tune next season?!?!?)

RickyS
08-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Enjoy the T

:top marks too late to think of any myself but worth top marks!

Dalianwanda
08-07-2011, 12:26 AM

OK so would your resolution be that we get rid of CC then? or would you have got rid of cc as soon as he had stated that he was keeping his options open? We need to strengthen the squad i agree, hopefully there are some names that will do this ...I will finish off with I don't have the answers or envy those who should have according to the fans...We will get
there though

SanFranHibs
08-07-2011, 04:00 AM
It is the most recent article on Sporting Life about Hibs and subsequent to Petrie's 'warning'.

Birmingham boss Chris Hughton has confirmed he wants to appoint Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood as his number two.

Calderwood is also a target for Nottingham Forest and Hughton has confirmed Blues have been in contact with Hibs to express their interest in the Scotsman.

"It has been mentioned regarding Colin," Hughton told the Birmingham Mail. "We have had dialogue with the Hibs chairman and from that point we have done absolutely everything right.

"We are very conscious that he is their manager, very much so.

"Most people are very aware that I took Colin to Newcastle.

"He's somebody I know very well, he's a very good coach and of course I would like to bring him here. But I go back to saying that we are very, very conscious that he's the Hibs manager."

I know, nothing new I'm sure but don't knock Sporting Life's wonderful reporting....also says Livingston 1 Hibernian 2. Thats when I knew this article was all lies !!! :wink:

SanFranHibs
08-07-2011, 04:02 AM
It is the most recent article on Sporting Life about Hibs and subsequent to Petrie's 'warning'.

Birmingham boss Chris Hughton has confirmed he wants to appoint Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood as his number two.

Calderwood is also a target for Nottingham Forest and Hughton has confirmed Blues have been in contact with Hibs to express their interest in the Scotsman.

"It has been mentioned regarding Colin," Hughton told the Birmingham Mail. "We have had dialogue with the Hibs chairman and from that point we have done absolutely everything right.

"We are very conscious that he is their manager, very much so.

"Most people are very aware that I took Colin to Newcastle.

"He's somebody I know very well, he's a very good coach and of course I would like to bring him here. But I go back to saying that we are very, very conscious that he's the Hibs manager."

I know, nothing new I'm sure but don't knock Sporting Life's wonderful reporting....also says Livingston 1 Hibernian 2. Thats when I knew this article was all lies !!! :wink:

Seems like they alos want to get in the newspaper business. Eveidently football is not dirty enough for them !

ronaldo7
08-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Enjoy the T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcsMMEMbfw

Self explanitory M.

basehibby
08-07-2011, 09:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcsMMEMbfw

Self explanitory M.

:boo hoo:

Hibby70
08-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Ive had two texts this morning to say fee has been agreed with Brum, anyone else hearing anything?

shagpile
08-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Ive had two texts this morning to say fee has been agreed with Brum, anyone else hearing anything?

I hope it's true. For the sake of Hibernian F C & the sanity of every supporter!

Green forever
08-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Checked their web page, you could be right

http://www.brum.tv/

GloryGlory
08-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Aaaahhhhhhhhh - one of the famous text messages. Must be true, then. :greengrin :wink:

Captain Trips
08-07-2011, 09:48 AM
I think with another match on horizon if all speculation is true CC might be away before that match. I think today might be the day.

Hibby70
08-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Aaaahhhhhhhhh - one of the famous text messages. Must be true, then. :greengrin :wink:
No two of the famous text messages. I'd assumed they'd lifted news from here but couldnt see anything.

GloryGlory
08-07-2011, 09:55 AM
No two of the famous text messages. I'd assumed they'd lifted news from here but couldnt see anything.

You know what I meant - the same message from two people, not two different messages! Honestly, some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :greengrin :wink: :wink:

Hibby70
08-07-2011, 10:00 AM
You know what I meant - the same message from two people, not two different messages! Honestly, some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :greengrin :wink: :wink:
No, one of them had different punctuation and the capitals in the right place :)

hibby67
08-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Glad to see people are getting board of this thread and its making its way down the board ........... Dohg

ancient hibee
08-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I've heard that the money and time spent on texting tosh is astronomical.

snooky
08-07-2011, 07:22 PM

Contrary to "The Meatloaf Theory", two out of three IS bad. :cool2:

YehButNoBut
09-07-2011, 05:37 PM
CC Interview after East Fife game from SSN, may need sound turned up high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFRwVPBPA_Y

blackpoolhibs
09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
He said unless compo is paid he will stay, thats very good of him.:rolleyes:

Dibben
09-07-2011, 06:04 PM
He said unless compo is paid he will stay, thats very good of him.:rolleyes:

At least he said the words 'I want to be Hibernian manager '!

Whether he meant them or not...

:cgwa

:greengrin

PapillonVert
09-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Thanks! I'll take a look at Youtube. Good luck for T in the Park! I live 'dahn sarf' now and don't get up to my beloved ER as much as I would like. Still fork out for a seaso though - doing my bit for my favourite charity!

Back to the CC situation - looks to me like we are in a situation where no-one is entirely happy.

CC wants to go
RP wants x amount compo
Brum want CC
NFFC want CC
CC remains Hibs manager - for the time being.

I am totally prepared to accept that CC is a complete professional and that, as long as he is employed by Hibs, he will act accordingly but subconsciously at least it's clear he wants to be somewhere else and so I am not convinced that we will get his complete undivided attention and there will be endless speculation about when he will go. I don't think that's what we need just now.

Just my PoV.

TRC
11-07-2011, 06:05 PM
This may help give us answer soon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14114676.stm

HibsMax
11-07-2011, 06:25 PM
I am totally prepared to accept that CC is a complete professional and that, as long as he is employed by Hibs, he will act accordingly but subconsciously at least it's clear he wants to be somewhere else and so I am not convinced that we will get his complete undivided attention and there will be endless speculation about when he will go. I don't think that's what we need just now.

Just my PoV.

What about the Hibs players who have their eyes on the bigger stage? Can we assume that they will be less / more distracted? I'm not trying to be cocky, it's a genuine question. The only difference between them and CC is that whatever aspirations they have are private. What has made this situation different is that it's all out in the open. Imagine the threads on here if we knew everything about everyone associated with Hibs! :D

Maybe CC does want to shift gears and would rather be in England somewhere but maybe he's content to wait until that happens "naturally" i.e., he sees out his contract?

If CC does want to go and he also knows that neither team is prepared to stump up the compensation required to get him then he has nothing to distract him. All he can do is focus on the task at hand and see what happens in the future. I mean long-term future, not 1 or 2 weeks from now.

MarkGilchimp
11-07-2011, 11:41 PM
According to Mirror - http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Birmingham-Chris-Hughton-set-hire-his-old-Newcastle-No2-Colin-Calderwood-after-Blues-settle-Alex-McLeish-compensation-case-with-Aston-Villa-article764523.html

Hope this link works!

Saorsa
11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
According to Mirror - http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Birmingham-Chris-Hughton-set-hire-his-old-Newcastle-No2-Colin-Calderwood-after-Blues-settle-Alex-McLeish-compensation-case-with-Aston-Villa-article764523.html

Hope this link works!Must be pish because He wants tae be Hibernian manager.

SRHibs
11-07-2011, 11:45 PM

Hope this link works!

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. £350,000 release clause? What happened to the £1,000,000?

SteveHFC
11-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Good. I hope he goes :agree:

monktonharp
11-07-2011, 11:50 PM

Hope this link works! well, if it is a done deal, which I doubt, we can only pray that Andy Watson disnae go in the other direction.

matty_f
11-07-2011, 11:58 PM
FFS, prepare for another week of will he/won't he bollocks then.

If Birmingham are going to stump up the money, then they better do it sharpish, and if they're not they can **** off and look elsewhere and let us settle down for the season.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-07-2011, 11:59 PM
well, if it is a done deal, which I doubt, we can only pray that Andy Watson disnae go in the other direction.

Assumed winker would follow mcleish to villa :dunno:

monktonharp
12-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Assumed winker would follow mcleish to villa :dunno:not according to the Mirror, is it?

one day maybe...
12-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Oh well we will find out tomorrow no doubt. :rolleyes:
How the France can we sign players when no-one knows who is going to be in charge? would have liked to have seen big Cillian sign but he might not be the next managers cup of tea. God this whole thing is a right dogs bollocks..

matty_f
12-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Oh well we will find out tomorrow no doubt. :rolleyes:
How the France can we sign players when no-one knows who is going to be in charge? would have liked to have seen big Cillian sign but he might not be the next managers cup of tea. God this whole thing is a right dogs bollocks..

:agree: It's unfortunate that most of it is out of Hibs' hands.

I'd still not be surprised to see CC in the Hibs dugout for the season opener, to be honest. How many headlines have there been putting Calderwood at either Forest or B/ham over the last four weeks, and he's still here.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm getting seriously bored of this now, it's been going on for nearly a month.

What should be happening now (if it's not happening already, that is) is Hibs should be naming their price for Calderwood and if Birmingham and/or Nottingham Forest aren't willing to meet that price, they should shut up and look elsewhere for an assistant.

If Calderwood's not happy with that approach, he can always resign.

HibsMax
12-07-2011, 12:29 AM
If Hibs knocked back 300k only to accept 350k then that, to me, makes very little sense. Why hold out for an extra 50k?

Hopefully this is just crap.

Saorsa
12-07-2011, 12:29 AM
EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. £350,000 release clause? What happened to the £1,000,000?I hope that £350K release clause figure is wide of the mark particularly if they if the initial offer of £300K is true? Imagine if this has been dragging on all these weeks over a poxy £50K when we could have had him out the door and somebody else in place. If that lot turns out tae be true this will have been a total farce.

Albion Hibs
12-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Agree with the posts above hat 50k is not going to have been a stumbling block. However the constant speculation on this is boring the life out of me, I just how it is sorted one way or another.

More surprising is that andy Watson does not appear to be going with wee eck. I wonder if that means he is coming the other way!

Dashing Bob S
12-07-2011, 02:25 AM
I believe the Mirror. Their sources are impeccable.

They tapped CC's phone.

joe breezy
12-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Thats a relief, look forward to the announcement, I wouldn't mind Andy Watson either. Anyone who wants to work in Edinburgh would be an improvement...

flash
12-07-2011, 05:53 AM
If Hibs knocked back 300k only to accept 350k then that, to me, makes very little sense. Why hold out for an extra 50k?

350 is realistic- a years wages?
chances are we havent actually had an offer yet.

no doubt we will now be subjected to 25 pages of wind and pish at the end of which he will still be hibs manager.

spike220
12-07-2011, 05:58 AM
350 is realistic- a years wages?
chances are we havent actually had an offer yet.

no doubt we will now be subjected to 25 pages of wind and pish at the end of which he will still be hibs manager.

:agree:Never a truer word spoken on here!!:agree:

Dinkydoo
12-07-2011, 06:00 AM
One way or another this badly needs sorted. We play the tics in a week on Sunday and need focus.

If CC did honestly want out of Hibs then the club should have negotiated a way out for him as soon as possible. If all this releasing statements and having CC do 'wish washy' interviews about how he "had a job to do" was all about 50k, then Petrie must GTF now as the footballing side of the club (the main part you'd have thought!) is so far down on his list of priorities that we are never going to succeed as a football club.

I realise though that it is quite a big "if".

IWasThere2016
12-07-2011, 06:02 AM

50k - RP? Every pound a prisoner and all that?!? :dunno:

Maybe RP's lost this poker hand? :dunno:

Maybe CC's asked to go?

Maybe CC's threatened to resign on the eve of the season opener?

Maybe Bollan is now available?

Maybe its pish?

I will be annoyed if he goes now as the fear has to be that the change on the cusp of the start of the new season is undoubtedly NOT the way to go about things! But it would be the Hibs way if it did happen now :grr:

Hibbyradge
12-07-2011, 06:12 AM

Hibs are trying to hold on to Colin Calderwood.

They board won't let him leave, if they don't have to.

If there is a release clause stipulating £350k, they don't have to let him go unless it's met.

£349 999 wouldn't trigger it so Hibs wouldn't have to release him from his legally binding contract.

For once, although £50k is a far more significant sum than you suggest, I don't think this is about the money. It's about the man.

RIP
12-07-2011, 06:18 AM
If you were a football Chairman who had invested more than a decade of your life in a club and seen the last 4 managers come and go, wouldn't you be keen to hang on to the current one you recruited less than a year ago?

There are some principles in life that are more important than money and I think we should show a bit of respect for the board and Rod Petrie

flash
12-07-2011, 06:31 AM
If you were a football Chairman who had invested more than a decade of your life in a club and seen the last 4 managers come and go, wouldn't you be keen to hang on to the current one you recruited less than a year ago?

There are some principles in life that are more important than money and I think we should show a bit of respect for the board and Rod Petrie

I am not always his greatest fan but the vilification rp has received over this is ludicrous.

there is one man and one man alone to blame for this situation and thats the manager.

Kaiser1962
12-07-2011, 06:51 AM
50k - RP? Every pound a prisoner and all that?!? :dunno:

Maybe RP's lost this poker hand? :dunno:

Maybe CC's asked to go?

Maybe CC's threatened to resign on the eve of the season opener?

Maybe Bollan is now available?

Maybe its pish?

I will be annoyed if he goes now as the fear has to be that the change on the cusp of the start of the new season is undoubtedly NOT the way to go about things! But it would be the Hibs way if it did happen now :grr:

One of the two in bold IMO. I dont believe that £50k has changed Hibs position one iota, unless its the stipulated amount in the release clause then they have no option, but if this IS true its cos CC has made it clear he does not want to be here and Rod's just trying to get the best out of a bad situation which is not of Hibs making.

bingo70
12-07-2011, 06:57 AM
I think it far more likely that rather than £50k being the significant figure but the way the payment is structured.

Absolutely no inside info but wouldn't surprise me if Birmingham/Forest started off with offers of x amount up front then so much if promoted and so much after an agreed period of time but hibs have been holding out to get all the money up front as that's what we need to get a new man in.

Absolute 100% guesswork though, i just hope the story is true and we're finally getting a resolution to this whole farcical situation thats taken far too long.

Halifaxhibby
12-07-2011, 07:21 AM
I see in the article Birmingham received 5.4 million for eck, if they give us that then CC can go!! its not just the loss of our manager its the inconvenience of losing him 2 bloody weeks before the start of the season. If he goes I think we'll really struggle this season.

HibeeMassive
12-07-2011, 07:24 AM

If there's a release clause in his contract for 350k, then Hibs would have no choice, I don't believe

Manxhibs
12-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Just when you think we can settle down and look forward to the start of the season with cc in charge, more stories appear, I am so sick of this saga!

Makaveli
12-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Even if RP didn't really care to hang on to CC and the £50k was about playing hardball and not being seeing to budge (seems unlikely now, I reckon he actually wanted to keep him), if it maintains the image we have as being tough to deal with then fair enough... reputations don't come easily. It helped with Fletcher's sale and could be an extra million when we're talking about Booth etc in a few seasons.

Caversham Green
12-07-2011, 07:47 AM
The £300k offer seems to have become a fact through repetition. IIRC it originated from a journo's tweet which was at best speculation - I haven't seen any other credible source for it. Likewise the 'near £1m' release clause.

£350k strikes me as a far more realistic release figure (although again it's unsubstantiated) and if that is the case I don't believe for a minute that either BCFC or Hibs held out for this length of time over £50k. It may well have to do with the payment structure as Bingo suggests, otherwise I just don't buy it.

The Harp
12-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Just when you think we can settle down and look forward to the start of the season with cc in charge, more stories appear, I am so sick of this saga!

... seconds out, round 102!!! :rolleyes:

Jim44
12-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Agree with the posts above hat 50k is not going to have been a stumbling block. However the constant speculation on this is boring the life out of me, I just how it is sorted one way or another.

More surprising is that andy Watson does not appear to be going with wee eck. I wonder if that means he is coming the other way!

God forbid. We're just about to get rid of a guy who can't hack the no 1 spot in management. We don't want him replaced by someone who has spent his whole career hiding in another manager's shadow.:rolleyes:

ps I don't mean that the Hibs job is no 1 job by the way.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2011, 07:51 AM
The £300k offer seems to have become a fact through repetition. IIRC it originated from a journo's tweet which was at best speculation - I haven't seen any other credible source for it. Likewise the 'near £1m' release clause.

£350k strikes me as a far more realistic release figure (although again it's unsubstantiated) and if that is the case I don't believe for a minute that either BCFC or Hibs held out for this length of time over £50k. It may well have to do with the payment structure as Bingo suggests, otherwise I just don't buy it.

:agree: I think those figures just grew legs on here, with no real substance to the stories at all.

Hopefully if this story is right, things can get finished quickly, and we can get on with things properly.

borstalboy
12-07-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm getting seriously bored of this now, it's been going on for nearly a month.

What should be happening now (if it's not happening already, that is) is Hibs should be naming their price for Calderwood and if Birmingham and/or Nottingham Forest aren't willing to meet that price, they should shut up and look elsewhere for an assistant.

If Calderwood's not happy with that approach, he can always resign.

You can guarantee that will be RP's stance on it!!!! All this speculation is getting tiresome now, journo's thinking there in the know! RP released has statement last week pretty much telling Forest to put up or shut up......I think its safe to say he's told Bimingham the same thing.

J-C
12-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Birmingham have just agreed there own compensation package from Aston Villa, so they're in a position to agree a fee with Hibs now, must admit the sooner he goes the better, I gave him every chance but this past few weeks have been very disappointing re his whole persona regarding these issues.

Lets hope RP has someone ready to step in immediately as we need stability and a few players to come in also.

Dibben
12-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Birmingham have just agreed there own compensation package from Aston Villa, so they're in a position to agree a fee with Hibs now, must admit the sooner he goes the better, I gave him every chance but this past few weeks have been very disappointing re his whole persona regarding these issues.

Lets hope RP has someone ready to step in immediately as we need stability and a few players to come in also.

Although RP has made a very public stance of anting to keep CC, they must have known the liklihood of compensation being agreed at some point - especially if the realease clause was 'just' £350k. So I would have hoped that a replacement has been lined up - although the further delay may have scuppered and move (Mind you, Strachan & Irvine are both still out of work and O'Neill is still at Rovers...).

Judas Iscariot
12-07-2011, 08:29 AM
So this is the 1 man who is bigger than our club..

He clearly doesn't want to be here but it'd appear RP is trying desperately to keep him!

**** knows why, I'd drive Clueless to Brum myself :taxi

euro Hibby
12-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I think its all hype.......pretend you want to hang onto him and push the compensation fee up as high as possible......

R'Albin
12-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I can't read the article because my phones being a Dick, so CC has a release clause on his contract of 350k? Or is this just more speculation?:rolleyes:

Removed
12-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I can't read the article because my phones being a Dick, so CC has a release clause on his contract of 350k? Or is this just more speculation?:rolleyes:

That's what the article says

SlickShoes
12-07-2011, 08:52 AM
REMOVED I thought that this had stopped dragging on but here we go again, 200 pages by the weekend and calderwood still manager? or 250 pages by next weekend and another cheap manager in the door? bets in now!

GloryGlory
12-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Another way to look at this is, instead of asking why is Petrie (allegedly) hanging out for a paltry £50k, to ask why BCFC (allegedly) offered £300k for someone when they must have known that a paltry £50k would have secured the deal.

Or is it all just paper talk and speculation, with "£300k", "£350k", "£500k", "£1M" or whatever just a figment of someone's imagination? Remember the first rule of journalism - if you don't know, just make it up.

truehibernian
12-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Another way to look at this is, instead of asking why is Petrie (allegedly) hanging out for a paltry £50k, to ask why BCFC (allegedly) offered £300k for someone when they must have known that a paltry £50k would have secured the deal.

Or is it all just paper talk and speculation, with "£300k", "£350k", "£500k", "£1M" or whatever just a figment of someone's imagination? Remember the first rule of journalism - if you don't know, just make it up.

Agree 100% with the last paragraph.

Calderwood is now an asset and as such has value. Not in a million years would this escape Rod Petrie and there is not a chance this has been over the sum of £50,000. Two competing clubs, both with financial clout, one of which has received millions upon millions in the last week through player sales and compensation from another club for it's previous manager. Complete brinksmanship from Rod, who I think knew way back pre-statement that Calderwood's heart was set on a move. Hibs are just gearing up and getting their timing right. Good on them. Sooner Calderwood leaves the better for the club and we can truly move on. It is/was clear from his body language at the weekend too that he really doesn't want to be here. Shoulders slouched, no real acknowledgements, a very lonely figure IMHO........and without being too cynical, I also believe that this is in CC's game plan. It really is game of who blinks first IMHO. Either way we will get a handsome fee regardless, for a man who will only do the team harm if it continues.

Keith_M
12-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I don't know what you're all on about. CC said already that he "wants to be Hibs Manager" *

* Terms and Conditions apply. Please check CC's brain for full details.

Beefster
12-07-2011, 09:28 AM
McLeish - "I'm here as long as you want me". Leaves and is crucified by the support for lying.

Mowbray - "I have a job to finish here". Leaves and is crucified by the support for lying.

Hughes - "Fitba folk ken what's going on". Leaves and is crucified for being pish.

Calderwood - "I'm happy being Hibs manager but there are other factors that have to be considered, if I am offered a job elsewhere". Will probably leave and is already being crucified by the support for being honest.

It's a strange world, right enough.

Keith_M
12-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Calderwood - "I'm happy being Hibs manager but there are other factors that have to be considered, if I am offered a job elsewhere". Will probably leave and is already being crucified by the support for being honest.

B*llox! Is being crucified by the support for being happy to leave us high and dry when we've got a new season right round the corner we're supposed to be preparing for.

Oh and why shouldn't the others be criticised for lying to us???

Beefster
12-07-2011, 09:37 AM
B*llox! Is being crucified by the support for being happy to leave us high and dry when we've got a new season right round the corner we're supposed to be preparing for.

Oh and why shouldn't the others be criticised for lying to us???

No, he's being implicitly criticised for telling the truth. Any 'high and dry' is due to Forest and Birmingham not stumping up the required compensation weeks ago. Nothing to do with Calderwood. By all accounts, he's continued to discharge his duties to the satisfaction of the club and players.

I didn't say the others shouldn't be criticised, although you'd have to be unbelievably naive to believe anything a manager or footballer says about staying where he is. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of some folk - they don't want to be lied to or for a manager to be honest about his ambitions/intentions.

truehibernian
12-07-2011, 09:40 AM
McLeish - "I'm here as long as you want me". Leaves and is crucified by the support for lying.

Mowbray - "I have a job to finish here". Leaves and is crucified by the support for lying.

Hughes - "Fitba folk ken what's going on". Leaves and is crucified for being pish.

I think he is quite rightly and justifiably coming in for stick beefster for the fact he said when he was appointed that the lure of being a No1 was too great and that he missed being his own man. To then turn round now, only months down the line, with the comments he has, and also cite family reasons which were there on appointment to the Hibs job.........for me his integrity and honesty does become questionable I'm afraid. It's almost like we have been giving him something to do whilst his wee mate Chris finds his feet again. Sorry but that's the way I see it.

You need your man 100% committed as if not it does trickle down to the players. McLeish left to manage his boyhood favourites and arguably the top job in Scotland. Mowbray actually turned down other offers and stayed for a bit, but again, was headhunted by a big club down south with financial clout. Hughes was just a poor poor manager taking us nowhere fast IMHO.

Sooner Calderwood goes, the better for Hibernian. It's turning into a game and we literally have no time for game playing on the sidelines.

I would also say that both McLeish and Mowbray were resounding successes.

bingo70
12-07-2011, 09:42 AM

I think the Mcleish and Mowbray situations are different because they had both been a success with us and were linked with clubs on the back of doing well (i don't see the relevance to the Hughes quote in this context), i think if they were honest we could have accepted it was part of life they would move onto bigger things once they had done well with us.

Calderwood however has been pish up to now and pretty much admitted we're being used as a stop gap until he got a job down south again, regardless of what the job is as his priority is to be back closer to his family, can understand that but the fact he took this job in the first place knowing where his family was is a complete piss take out of the club.

Really wish we would just agree compensation and get him out of here.

Can also see someone else coming in and signing Sheridan BTW while this nonsense goes on.

LancashireHibby
12-07-2011, 09:53 AM

I think it's the fact that the saga has dragged on so long (admittedly not necessarily the fault of Calderwood) and it took so long for CC to make a statement either way on his future.

I think the interview at the weekend was definitely an attempt from CC to try to rebuild the bridges that have been burnt in recent weeks, but I'm still certainly of the opinion that it would be better for all concerned if he did move on and we can make a fresh start as soon as possible.

yekimevol
12-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Christ sake i thought this was over !!!
im starting to hate brum and forrest !!

(((Fergus)))
12-07-2011, 10:37 AM
No, he's being implicitly criticised for telling the truth. Any 'high and dry' is due to Forest and Birmingham not stumping up the required compensation weeks ago. Nothing to do with Calderwood. By all accounts, he's continued to discharge his duties to the satisfaction of the club and players.

I didn't say the others shouldn't be criticised, although you'd have to be unbelievably naive to believe anything a manager or footballer says about staying where he is. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of some folk - they don't want to be lied to or for a manager to be honest about his ambitions/intentions.

He's not being criticised for telling the truth, he's being criticised for the content of that truth - if it even is the truth.

Judas Iscariot
12-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Christ sake i thought this was over !!!
im starting to hate brum and forrest !!

Why hate them?

1 man could easily of put a stop to this AGES ago..

Our so called "manager" :taxi

silverhibee
12-07-2011, 11:26 AM
No, one of them had different punctuation and the capitals in the right place :)

Sew itt waz noot o celtc fon. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
12-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I would also say that both McLeish and Mowbray were resounding successes.

Really? More so than Collins for example?

Kaiser1962
12-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Spot on.

Calderwood is being crucified for what he's not said, what he's not done and where he's not gone.

What are the actual facts? Shteve muttered something on the telly and Hibs made a statement...thats about it?

Oh...and CC hasnt said very much either way.

If they stump up the money and he fancies it he will go. If they dont and he dosent he will stay. It will be the same with any manager that follows him unless we boo him away first.