PDA

View Full Version : ***CC - Staying Or Going?***/NFFC Appoint Coach MERGED

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Sure there will have been other people with a differing opinion- they didn't post a condescending know-all reply.

:faf:

Beefster
04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Dunno mate, the calendar thread was pretty long but at least it was funny.

Congratulations to everyone who's contributed to basically 100 pages of nothing. I'm sure there's plenty more to come too.

Thanks. Give yourself a pat on the back too.

fleethibee
04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Steve McLaren has just been on Sky and stated that negotiations were continuing to bring Colin Calderwood to Notts Forest. McLaren stated that he wanted him there and more importantly Claderwood wanted to be there.. The stumbing block was Hibs didn't want to lose him but negotiations were continuing.

Well we now know for sure about Calderwoods intentions!!!!!

Franck Stanton
04-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Lets just get him tae ........

GreenCastle
04-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Steve McLaren has just been on Sky and stated that negotiations were continuing to bring Colin Calderwood to Notts Forest. McLaren stated that he wanted him there and more importantly Claderwood wanted to be there.. The stumbing block was Hibs didn't want to lose him but negotiations were continuing.

When did Hibs ever accept an approach from Forest ? :confused:

According to Liam McLeod on twitter :

#BirminghamCity say their move for #Hibernian boss Colin Calderwood remains on but no movement to report today - 2 mins ago

What is Andy Watson's role at Birmingham ?

lucky
04-07-2011, 04:19 PM
RP stop the nonsense and get him to ****. £300k for a flop is good money

GloryGlory
04-07-2011, 04:28 PM

#BirminghamCity say their move for #Hibernian boss Colin Calderwood remains on but no movement to report today - 2 mins ago

Being the jaiket on a shoogly peg.

GreenCastle
04-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Being the jaiket on a shoogly peg.

The talk in England is that he has fallen out with Eck - with him going to rivals Villa and taking the money.

Watson supposedly feels like Eck has just been using him and is planning to stay at Birmingham.

yekimevol
04-07-2011, 04:36 PM

im waiting to hear it from caldo, McLaren can say what ever he wants !

:cgwa

smurf
04-07-2011, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=GloryGlory;2849084]

The talk in England is that he has fallen out with Eck - with him going to rivals Villa and taking the money.

Watson supposedly feels like Eck has just been using him and is planning to stay at Birmingham.

Watson is given much credit for our success under GJP from some quarters... maybe a contender to replace CC?

HibsMax
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM

You might but I don't. McClaren has no right to say that stuff. He's just stirring the pot. If the guy had any class then he would keep his gob shut and just let this thing run its course.

stevej
04-07-2011, 04:52 PM
im waiting to hear it from caldo, McLaren can say what ever he wants !

:cgwa

Ok so why would CC not immediately say McClaren is talking crap ?

If another manager is lying on tv you pull him up for it - how can any players sign for CC etc when people are saying he doesnt want to be there ?

And it appears Forest must have permission from Hibs to be speaking to CC now or else surely your chairman would be doing his not over these kind of interviews from McClaren

Cant get any more disruptive than what McClaren is saying for CC

lapsedhibee
04-07-2011, 04:53 PM
CC - position untenable, Go Now...as the Moody Blues used to say........

And before them, Bessie Banks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yq7R3vHTQg&NR=1&feature=fvwp). And after, Spitting Image (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-Ia45UJ6Q). :greengrin

HibsMax
04-07-2011, 04:56 PM

If another manager is lying on tv you pull him up for it - how can any players sign for CC etc when people are saying he doesnt want to be there ?

And it appears Forest must have permission from Hibs to be speaking to CC now or else surely your chairman would be doing his not over these kind of interviews from McClaren

I think it is in his best interests to keep his mouth shut and see how this all plays out because whether we (Hibs fans) like it or not, he could be our manager next season. I know many people find his interviews cringeworthy but it would only get worse if he gets into a war of words in public.

Andy74
04-07-2011, 04:57 PM

If another manager is lying on sky tv surely you pull him uo for it

We just don't comment on this type of stuff, never really have until something is actually agreed.

I'd expect when Hibs do give permission to talk then we will announce that.

In the meantime McLaren can say what he likes and he can quote CC all he likes but he is under contract to Hibs and until the deal is right for Hibs he can want to do all sorts of things but can't.

If these two clubs really want CC so much then why the mucking about with compensation?

To use your earlier thinking, why would CC really want to go anywhere that he's not valued enough to make a realistic offer? :wink:

JustSimplyHibs

What his intentions like....no heard Calderwood say anything apart from if you are given 2 bags of sweets you look to see which one is the better choice.....

For me Hibs are the better choice but am bias.

Tell you what though for what its worth....Andy Watson is worth a shout to be top dog, quality coach that has worked with players that supposidly have a better pedigree than at Hibs who rate him like Calderwood, has been apart of succesful teams at Rangers and Birmingham...

as for heading up a club like Hibs a just don't know but it's worth a shout as is Gary Bollan (where my money is) after the Hibs Livi game ;)

Dirkster23
You might but I don't. McClaren has no right to say that stuff. He's just stirring the pot. If the guy had any class then he would keep his gob shut and just let this thing run its course.

FFS, he'll be on Sky Sports being introduced as Forests new number 2 and you'll still be saying he's no interested in going to Nottingham :rolleyes: Do you honestly think Forest are continuing to negotiate without knowing if CC wants to go there?!?

yekimevol
04-07-2011, 05:03 PM

imho - hes just staying quite untill all the partys have talked. Then when they have sorted anything and he has all the info he will make his decision

truehibernian
04-07-2011, 05:06 PM

True max, but he is the manager of Notts Forest and as such he is informing his fans what the club is doing at present. It's never easy being on the receiving end of losing a player or a manager, but for me, Hibs have shown a lack of respect for our fans and been truly awful in their handling of this mediawise. Did CC show class or respect towards Hibs and our fans by meeting McLaren in that hotel (who knows......Hibs may have known about it but I would hazard a guess and say they didn't) ?

They (Hibs) are quick to send out season ticket reminders, promote the new strips, and ask us to buy tickets for pre-season games. Yet one of the major reasons we buy into that is because we know (or we have hope that) our money is going to go on the squad and that the manager has targets ready to come in.

For me, we are in an utterly shambolic state of affairs this early into the pre-season and it could mould the way the first quarter/half season goes for us. As for CC's behaviour recently towards us and the media..............I will drive him down there myself and all I will charge is petrol. Absolute disgrace the way he handled the interview on Saturday and the press conference before it was more rambled than Cantona's 'seagulls following trawlers' speech.

I tell you what though....there is a saving grace that we have, in the squad, players like GOC, Sproule, Murray and Stack who can maybe use this to galvanise the team together in a 'let's show them' type way. As for players coming in, I sincerely hope that the whole amount of compensation goes to the new manager and we don't just feed it back into the accounts. We still need 5 players in my opinion, a full back, centre half cover, two strikers and a creative midfielder. Without somebody getting a shift on I envisage a similar season to last season sadly.

marinello59
04-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Probably not but then the guy is an erse. He knows this puts more pressure on our board to get this resolved though so maybe he isn't that daft. Maybe it's time for Hibs to at least acknowledge that negotiations are underway.

HibsMax
04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
FFS, he'll be on Sky Sports being introduced as Forests new number 2 and you'll still be saying he's no interested in going to Nottingham :rolleyes: Do you honestly think Forest are continuing to negotiate without knowing if CC wants to go there?!?

Um, no I won't. Roll your eyes all you want, it doesn't make what you say any truer.

One thing this thread has taught me is that I hope that some of the contributors are never on a jury.

CC might be interested in the idea but I have no idea if he knows what sort of offer would be on the table.....unless Hibs HAVE officially given other teams permission to talk with him. It's possible these teams don't even know exactly what they can offer until the compensation has been hammered out.

HibsMax
04-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Probably not but then the guy is an erse. He knows this puts more pressure on our board to get this resolved though so maybe he isn't that daft. Maybe it's time for Hibs to at least acknowledge that negotiations are underway.

Agreed, I think this is a tactic to unsettle us even more, if that is possible.

If negotiations have taken place then I agree that Hibs should be telling us. My opinion is based on no official contact having been made.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Maybe we can take cash and players from Forrest or cash and a couple of loans?

Hibernia Na Eir
04-07-2011, 05:17 PM
are folk just posting here to make the thread look impressive?

needless stuff being scribed.

Kaiser1962
04-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Decent post. I also think that CC, when offered the job by Rod, would have said nothing would be a problem. We've all done it.

Not really what folk want to hear though.

I agree 100%, giving him the benefit of the doubt perhaps he hoped family would move with him as things settled. I had actually heard something about this in February but discounted until recent events. It makes some sense of a fairly nonsensical situation.[/QUOTE][/B]

he would not be the first person to take on a job which involves a big commute thinking it was doable only to find that it was more than he thought.

Others have spoken about it not being far, he could fly, take a train etc. I think that misses a key point about his own quality of life and whilst yes it is his decision to keep his family down south - the travelling time for example after a saturday match would mean he probably wouldn't get home before 9 at night. That would leaves loads of time to share with his Mrs!!!

Add in to that, that many Hibs fans have made it very clear that he is not the one for us, not up to the job, its a backward step, Calderwood GTF etc etc you can see that making the trip back up the road to Edinburgh would become harder and harder.

I was going to post about this the other day. There has been loads said about a poisonous environment at ER and that Rod Petrie and the Board need to sort themselves out, yet not a single finger has been pointed at some of our own fans who have been in many cases completely out of order and in my mind a major contributory factor - as much as the Board - to our succession of managers leaving. Whether that is the abuse which is hurled at the manager or his players it really does not help and must significantly undemine morale and therefore help to create a lack of trust, breakdown teamworking and reduce effectiveness within the dressingroom and behind the scenes.

It is about time many of our wonderful fans took a long hard look at themselves and realised that the special relationship between a club and its supporters is not a one way affair.

I renewed my ST this year but thought long and hard about it, not really so much because of the performance of the team - although of course that didn't help - but i am so fed up with the negativity and lack of support coming from the stands.

The motto should be:

In this together, One team - management, players and supporters!

GGTTH[/QUOTE]

Dirkster23
04-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Um, no I won't. Roll your eyes all you want, it doesn't make what you say any truer.

One thing this thread has taught me is that I hope that some of the contributors are never on a jury.

CC might be interested in the idea but I have no idea if he knows what sort of offer would be on the table.....unless Hibs HAVE officially given other teams permission to talk with him. It's possible these teams don't even know exactly what they can offer until the compensation has been hammered out.

Why would he not know what offer's on the table when he's already met with McLaren? What do you think they discussed? Why would they meet if it wasn't to sound out CC and discuss what was on offer? There's no doubt a few things will need to be sorted out, but CC will know roughly what pay they're offering.

You keep burying your head in the sand if it makes you feel better :ostrich:

SanFranHibs
04-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I think it is in his best interests to keep his mouth shut and see how this all plays out because whether we (Hibs fans) like it or not, he could be our manager next season. I know many people find his interviews cringeworthy but it would only get worse if he gets into a war of words in public.

I hardly think a manager making a public statement clarifying his position constitutes a war of words. If Calderwood wants to stay at Hibs he could end this saga immediately by saying so. However, I do agree that some of this is outwith his control, i.e. initial approaches from other clubs and negotiations with RP subsequent to any such approach.

And you are probably correct that his silence is politically astute as he might still be here this coming season. However I can't believe that McClaren would be making such claims publicly without the tacit agreement of CC. Perhaps CC is just getting someone else to do his dirty work for him because IF it is true that McClaren has stated that CC has made it clear to him he wants to leave Hibs to take up a new position, it really makes his position at Hibs untenable, a situation possibly desired by CC.

I don't blame CC for other teams making approaches for his services and I certainly do NOT blame anyone on the Hibs board for this public relations mess. Even appreciating that the season is nearly upon us, RP is correct to play his hand as cleverly and silently as CC is doing, to get the best deal for Hibs.

If CC stays I'll support him as this is really the first full season where the team is 'his' and it would not be unreasonable to expect significant improvement.

If he goes I will not be too upset though. I was uninspired by his appointment and even allowing for the fact that the team he inherited was not his, there was little improvement in team organization.

Seems as if the fans and the players are getting the short end of this one. More uncertainty and if a new manager is the result, the players have to 'interview' all over again.

But Hibs will still be here and it's a new season. Aaaahhh, tomorrow is a lovely day.

:flag::flag:

:aok:

iwasthere1972
04-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Has he gone yet?

Judas Iscariot
04-07-2011, 05:36 PM

Nah

whiskyhibby
04-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Has he gone yet?

Gone where..........

Craig_in_Prague
04-07-2011, 05:39 PM
CC has signed well, in the main... So for that we can be grateful when he's officially gone.

Can't see a new manager having an issue with the squad he'll inherit, and if he himself can sign a couple of more decent players in positions we need, we can still have a good season.

Seeing GOC and Sproule back has lifted so much gloom I am not really that bothered about the management situation, coz as I said he'll have 70% a decent side to walk into........

:flag:

iwasthere1972
04-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Gone where..........

To the airport. Think he was spotted boarding a tram on Princes Street.

whiskyhibby
04-07-2011, 05:40 PM
For those that say getting £300k for a flop is good business, sorry I don't follow your logic

We are all aware that there was a number of 'dead wood' players in the pool, CC has ditched them and brought in his own players, as such I would suggest that CC can only be judged during the coming season...

Westie1875
04-07-2011, 05:58 PM
If brolly man wants CC so much maybe he should spend more time trying to convince his board to stump up the required cash than talking to the press about it. If he thinks Hibs will fold and accept a nominal fee then he is in for a long wait as we all know.

I reckon perhaps CC would prefer to go to Birmingham but the added complication there is Watson still being in the job.

Cropley10
04-07-2011, 06:01 PM

Hardly.

Removed
04-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Where is Bad Martini when you need him :I'm waiti

basehibby
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM

:agree: As far as I know Forest have NOT been granted permission to speak to our manager. That being the case, McLaren has pretty much admitted to tapping him up - which I had thought was actually illegal - otherwise McLaren would have no idea whether Calderwood wanted to go to Forest or not - or am I just being naive :confused:

grunt
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM
One thing this thread has taught me is that I hope that some of the contributors are never on a jury.Good point! Some of the assumptions in this thread would give poor old Rumpole nightmares.

iwasthere1972
04-07-2011, 06:17 PM
If brolly man wants CC so much maybe he should spend more time trying to convince his board to stump up the required cash than talking to the press about it. If he thinks Hibs will fold and accept a nominal fee then he is in for a long wait as we all know.

McClaren just needs to speak to Mick McCarthy of Wolves who I believe said.

Nobody gets anything for a relatively modest fee from Hibs. When did that last happen? Have you ever dealt with him (Petrie]? Do me a favour. Tell me the last one who came out of there for a relatively modest fee? The last person who left there for nowt was probably the manager when he got the sack!.

iwasthere1972
04-07-2011, 06:18 PM

I'm only here to talk about the game.

Removed
04-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm only here to talk about the game.

:tee hee:

R'Albin
04-07-2011, 06:49 PM

Maybe...

Stonewall
04-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks. Give yourself a pat on the back too.

Just toasting my contribution with a glass of red Mr Le Beefster.

GloryGlory
04-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Maybe...

Could be. :greengrin

renato
04-07-2011, 08:23 PM
True max, but he is the manager of Notts Forest and as such he is informing his fans what the club is doing at present. It's never easy being on the receiving end of losing a player or a manager, but for me, Hibs have shown a lack of respect for our fans and been truly awful in their handling of this mediawise. Did CC show class or respect towards Hibs and our fans by meeting McLaren in that hotel (who knows......Hibs may have known about it but I would hazard a guess and say they didn't) ?

They (Hibs) are quick to send out season ticket reminders, promote the new strips, and ask us to buy tickets for pre-season games. Yet one of the major reasons we buy into that is because we know (or we have hope that) our money is going to go on the squad and that the manager has targets ready to come in.

For me, we are in an utterly shambolic state of affairs this early into the pre-season and it could mould the way the first quarter/half season goes for us. As for CC's behaviour recently towards us and the media..............I will drive him down there myself and all I will charge is petrol. Absolute disgrace the way he handled the interview on Saturday and the press conference before it was more rambled than Cantona's 'seagulls following trawlers' speech.

I tell you what though....there is a saving grace that we have, in the squad, players like GOC, Sproule, Murray and Stack who can maybe use this to galvanise the team together in a 'let's show them' type way. As for players coming in, I sincerely hope that the whole amount of compensation goes to the new manager and we don't just feed it back into the accounts. We still need 5 players in my opinion, a full back, centre half cover, two strikers and a creative midfielder. Without somebody getting a shift on I envisage a similar season to last season sadly.

:agree:

Sums it all up perfectly for me. I can't believe we're so close to the season starting and it still hasn't been sorted - lets hope Rod gets the haggling concluded pronto so we can all move on.

For the sake of the team, I hope it doesn't get nasty for CC tomorrow night but if it happens it's understandable, given how frustrated people are. IMO.

Judas Iscariot
04-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Hardly.

I'd agree with that..

Hibstrooper
04-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I'd agree with that..

I'm not so sure

Kaiser1962
04-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Why would he not know what offer's on the table when he's already met with McLaren? What do you think they discussed? Why would they meet if it wasn't to sound out CC and discuss what was on offer? There's no doubt a few things will need to be sorted out, but CC will know roughly what pay they're offering.

If what you say is true, and it might be, although there is no concrete proof either way.

If it's true and CC knows whats being offered as, as you say, what was the point if thats not what was discussed. By the same token you would also assume that the release clause was also discussed and McLaren knows what this is and you would imagine he asked his board if this was ok and got an affirmative answer as Forest are, by some accounts, still pursuing him.

Then why the f is he still here three weeks later?

I dont get this I really dont. Perhaps I have been punched on the head too much but it makes no rational sense whatsoever.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-07-2011, 08:48 PM
To the airport. Think he was spotted boarding a tram on Princes Street.

He's here for at least another 20 years, then! :greengrin

Prawn Sandwich
04-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Colin Calderwood has turned his back on the Birmingham City and Notts Forest Assistant Managers jobs. Why? I understand he feels his acting career is now priority having played an excellent part as the detective who has just charged Fizz for murder in Coronation Street. It could become perminant, but he does feel he needs to play the part with another Detective along side in senior role.

Remember you heard it here first :wink:

stevej
04-07-2011, 09:06 PM
If what you say is true, and it might be, although there is no concrete proof either way.

If it's true and CC knows whats being offered as, as you say, what was the point if thats not what was discussed. By the same token you would also assume that the release clause was also discussed and McLaren knows what this is and you would imagine he asked his board if this was ok and got an affirmative answer as Forest are, by some accounts, still pursuing him.

Then why the f-uck is he still here three f-ucking weeks later?

I dont get this I really dont. Perhaps I have been punched on the head too much but it makes no rational sense whatsoever.

Dont forget on the day that it broke in the papers that Forest were after Calderwood the reporter stated the "pricey escape clause" could prove a problem for Forest

The reporter in question had spoken to Forest chief executive to be told that

Not done yet. Clubs talking. CC on good contract there with pricey escape clause.

18 Jun (http://twitter.com/#!/FanhousePercy/status/82181615995985920)

Always was going to require some negotiation down if Forest were going to get CC

All the politics since have been about getting the price down and for sure Hughton getting Birmingham job made it even more complicated and messy

Dirkster23
04-07-2011, 09:17 PM

Then why the f-uck is he still here three f-ucking weeks later?

My Guess- Forest won't want to pay the full compensation so RP wont let them officially speak with CC. In the meantime, Hibs will be working away on CC's replacement. When we've got another manager lined up or Forest up their offer things will hopefully move quickly.

stevej
04-07-2011, 09:24 PM
My Guess- Forest won't want to pay the full compensation so RP wont let them officially speak with CC. In the meantime, Hibs will be working away on CC's replacement. When we've got another manager lined up or Forest up their offer things will hopefully move quickly.

I agree - no idea whether it will be Forest or Birmingham who get him

But I do actually think your chairman is doing the right thing

He hasnt caved in but pretty sure at same time he knows that CC has to go

Your chairman has made it tough for Forest and Birmingham and he has every right to do so IMO

Speedway
04-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree - no idea whether it will be Forest or Birmingham who get him

But I do actually think your chairman is doing the right thing

He hasnt caved in but pretty sure at same time he knows that CC has to go

Your chairman has made it tough for Forest and Birmingham and he has every right to do so IMO

It's just taking a while to get Maloney to agree to come here as part of the deal.

yekimevol
04-07-2011, 09:43 PM
good bit in the scotsmans on the situation

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/All-eyes-on-Caldo-as.6795551.jp?articlepage=3

MrSmith
04-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I for one will be really disappointed if he goes! I can understand why but not for the reasons given.

He will still have a supporter here.

RickyS
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I for one will be really disappointed if he goes! I can understand why but not for the reasons given.

He will still have a supporter here.

wot reasons?

i wanted him to stay at the start, but after the bag of sweeties interview and then the "i would rather have pins in my eyes than be here interview after the Berwick game, he lost my support

stevej
05-07-2011, 06:32 AM
McClaren is claiming Forest are the only club that CC wants to move to and he is confident we will do a deal:

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Forest-fight-way-bring-Calderwood-City-Ground/story-12882621-detail/story.html

Forest want the Scot to return to the City Ground as McClaren's assistant and to act as development coach.

But despite Hibs' insistence on holding onto their manager, who signed a three-year deal last year, McClaren is confident he can get his man.

He said: "We are trying to negotiate with Hibs but they do not want to lose him. He is a good manager, a good coach and that is why we want him.

"So we are trying to get Colin out of Hibs and it is very difficult. He wants to come here and it is the only place he wants to come.

"There is a lot of competition for Colin but there is a willingness on our side to do it and we want to do it. We have to be patient and hope that Hibs will talk, negotiate and get Colin where he wants to go."

(I do believe McClaren when he says Calderwood does not want to go to Birmingham). There is clearly a lot of communication going on between McClaren and Calderwood for him to be making statements more or less on Calderwoods behalf.

Calderwood has to be aware what McClaren is saying to the media and IF McClaren and Calderwood are going to EVER have a working relationship then I would suggest there is no way McClaren would be saying ANY of this in public without Calderwood's knowledge and permission to do so.

(I guarantee these two are talking on a daily basis when CC should be focussed on his job at Hibs).

Not only is McClaren making Calderwoods position untenable at Hibs IMO but he is also suggesting to Brimingham that Calderwood does not want to go there. (Both statements would do Calderwood far too much damage if not true and I believe Calderwood would be having a right go at McClaren for making statements like this if they werent true).

If your chairman really does not want to lose CC then he needs to get CC to commit and tell McClaren to walk away from this.

I have never seen anything like this in 30 plus years of a fan - it is so blatant from McClaren and so unsettling for your club.

(I have said a few times I am surprised McClaren can get away with this but who knows what is going on behind the scenes.)

If Forest end up losing out in this somehow then I can honestly say I would be thinking we got what we deserved. Underhand tactics IMO from McClaren but like I say there is no way he could be saying what he is saying without Calderwood being in on it - surely ??

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Dont forget on the day that it broke in the papers that Forest were after Calderwood the reporter stated the "pricey escape clause" could prove a problem for Forest

The reporter in question had spoken to Forest chief executive to be told that

Not done yet. Clubs talking. CC on good contract there with pricey escape clause.

Fair enough in that they want to negotiate the price down but Rod is not renowned for that to be honest, and they should know that. It is now over two weeks since they started "negotiating", we are told, and god knows how long since the clandestine meeting (is alleged) to have taken place so what are they still talking about? Why approach in the first place if they are not prepared to pay the price when they must have known that there was a possibility that they may have to meet said price in order to get their man?

If I was Shteve I would have doubts already about going to Forest if they cant even deliver the key coach (are they trying for anyone else?) that he wants. Shteve must be keen thats all I can say.

They know how much we want so either pay it or **** off.

Geo_1875
05-07-2011, 07:05 AM
McClaren is claiming Forest
are the only club that CC wants to move to and he is confident we will do a deal:

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Forest-fight-way-bring-Calderwood-City-Ground/story-12882621-detail/story.html

Forest want the Scot to return to the City Ground as McClaren's assistant and to act as development coach.

But despite Hibs' insistence on holding onto their manager, who signed a three-year deal last year, McClaren is confident he can get his man.

He said: "We are trying to negotiate with Hibs but they do not want to lose him. He is a good manager, a good coach and that is why we want him.

"So we are trying to get Colin out of Hibs and it is very difficult. He wants to come here and it is the only place he wants to come.

"There is a lot of competition for Colin but there is a willingness on our side to do it and we want to do it. We have to be patient and hope that Hibs will talk, negotiate and get Colin where he wants to go."

(I do believe McClaren when he says Calderwood does not want to go to Birmingham). There is clearly a lot of communication going on between McClaren and Calderwood for him to be making statements more or less on Calderwoods behalf.

Calderwood has to be aware what McClaren is saying to the media and IF McClaren and Calderwood are going to EVER have a working relationship then I would suggest there is no way McClaren would be saying ANY of this in public without Calderwood's knowledge and permission to do so.

(I guarantee these two are talking on a daily basis when CC should be focussed on his job at Hibs).

Not only is McClaren making Calderwoods position untenable at Hibs IMO but he is also suggesting to Brimingham that Calderwood does not want to go there. (Both statements would do Calderwood far too much damage if not true and I believe Calderwood would be having a right go at McClaren for making statements like this if they werent true).

If your chairman really does not want to lose CC then he needs to get CC to commit and tell McClaren to walk away from this.

I have never seen anything like this in 30 plus years of a fan - it is so blatant from McClaren and so unsettling for your club.

(I have said a few times I am surprised McClaren can get away with this but who knows what is going on behind the scenes.)

If Forest end up losing out in this somehow then I can honestly say I would be thinking we got what we deserved. Underhand tactics IMO from McClaren but like I say there is no way he could be saying what he is saying without Calderwood being in on it - surely ??

Thanks for your guarantee there "Steve". It's nice to know that there is one person who isn't Calderwood or McLaren who knows what they talk about everyday. I reckon if McLaren really wants Calderwood his time would be better spent convincing his chairman to pay the required amount of compensation rather than whining in the press about how Hibs do business. GTF ya trumpet.

marinello59
05-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Calderwood has to be aware what Underhand tactics IMO from McClaren but like I say there is no way he could be saying what he is saying without Calderwood being in on it - surely ??

No there isn't. The reasonable conclusion that can be drawn from this is that our manager is well aware of how this is being played out.

AlbertK86
05-07-2011, 07:26 AM
McClaren is claiming Forest are the only club that CC wants to move to and he is confident we will do a deal:

Stevej

Totally agree with all you say. Our silent board must have sanctioned these talks for McLaren to be talking like this.... if not they are worse than I thought.

In most situations like this teams in our situation normally shout from the roof tops about 'tapping up'

Due to the silence my assumption is CC has made it known he wants to go back south to be with his family, that is why he has picked Nottingham and the deal is being thrashed out. This will never be quick when Rod Petrie is involved !!

I still want CC to stay at Hibs as I think he quickly recognised which dross to empty from our squad and believe he quickly identified the positions we needed to strengthen.

In January he beefed up our midfield which was the weakest spot, put us on a five game winning streak that catupulted us out the drop zone, won the manager of the month and then set about experimenting for the remainder of the season to make sure everyone got a chance to show him what they had.

I truly believe he could still build us a team capable of challenging for europe and getting decent cup runs.

However if his heart is no longer in it and he wants back to his family then good luck to him.

If it is not for family reasons and not a fall out with the board about backing then he goes down in my estimation as he came here to be his own man - so what has happened for him to want to go back to being an assistant at a club who sacked him

Finally if he is going, we need this done ASAP so we can get a new manager in, who can the get another 3 or 4 players in rapid to allow us to prepare properly for the new season

The_Todd
05-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Dear Steve McClaren

Do one.

Rgds
The Todd

bingo70
05-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Dear Steve McClaren

Do one.

Rgds
The Todd

IMO your open letter is adressed to the wrong person, Mclaren can take CC if he wants i just wish CC would hurry up and do one.

LancsHibs
05-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Personally I think its some result that somebody is going to pay us for CC to go:thumbsup: Just wish it would get sorted asap so new guy has time to deal and assess players before new season starts.

keep the faith
05-07-2011, 09:07 AM
The forest fan has picked up on the biggest issue for me, the tapping up. Mclaren is commenting on wanting our manager on almost a daily basis and its utterly classless. Well I for one hope rod holds out for full compensation and reports that brolly loving idiot to the FA.

matty_f
05-07-2011, 09:10 AM
The forest fan has picked up on the biggest issue for me, the tapping up. Mclaren is commenting on wanting our manager on almost a daily basis and its utterly classless. Well I for one hope rod holds out for full compensation and reports that brolly loving idiot to the FA.

That's a huge issue, IMHO. The thing is, I'm certain that tapping up goes on all over the place so most clubs will just let each other get on with it. I do think that the way McLaren has acted, and in particular the fact that he's been very public about things, has been out of order.

Assuming there wasn't already a huge amount of bad-feeling towards CC for the way he's handled the situation, can you imagine if Hibs and Forest can't agree compensation and CC is left in charge here, having had Steve bloody McLaren tell all and sundry that CC wants to be at Forest?!

stu in nottingham
05-07-2011, 09:27 AM

I hope that Forest get the biscuit tin out Steve, and put some suitable money on the table. You are very welcome to have him back! It only goes to show that lightening can strike twice. Good luck... :)

SteveHFC
05-07-2011, 09:38 AM
sky sports reporting "Mclaren says talks are continuing with hibs"

RickyS
05-07-2011, 09:38 AM
sky sports reckon Forest have made an improved offer

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7021191,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

keep the faith
05-07-2011, 09:42 AM
That's a huge issue, IMHO. The thing is, I'm certain that tapping up goes on all over the place so most clubs will just let each other get on with it. I do think that the way McLaren has acted, and in particular the fact that he's been very public about things, has been out of order.

Assuming there wasn't already a huge amount of bad-feeling towards CC for the way he's handled the situation, can you imagine if Hibs and Forest can't agree compensation and CC is left in charge here, having had Steve bloody McLaren tell all and sundry that CC wants to be at Forest?!

I think that's what they are banking on. Us having an unsettled manager and accepting lower comp to get rid. Really poor from a club and manager of that standing.

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110705/club-update_2262950_2386569 :hmmm:

Purehibee_MYB
05-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Just read the club update...sounds like Petrie's really digging his heels in... No mention of the dodgy interviews Calderwood has given... But fair play to Petrie for coming out and saying all that.

smurf
05-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Lets not kid ourselves on we have no 'manager' at the moment. His head in hundreds of miles away. Rodders won't let him physically be off permanently hundreds of miles away until the compo is agreed. Fine and no doubt in that respect we will squeeze out every available ££££ which is always welcome to a club of our fininacial constraints...

But to what cost?

Lets not play down the importance of pre season. Is this not when the manager sets out exactly how he wants his team to play? To work hard on the training ground and then try and implement them on the park in these so called 'meaningless' pre season fixtures? Is this not the time to settle on a formation? Is this not the time to find your best 11?

And currently we are doing all of that with a manager who doesn't want to be here.

It can't be healthy. It can't be good for morale and team spirit.

Against that we had a miserable season last where we finished bloody tenth in this dreadful SPL.

We are a football club in desparate need of strategy and direction on the park this pre season for the coming season. And we are short on player quality too...

Se these protracted negotiations may see us get an extra few grand but hey it won't be half as much as the difference of finishing say 4th in the SPL from 10th.

Hibtastic
05-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Wow - that statement is very un-Rod-like!

I honestly cant see how this is going to end. Kind of blows the Alan Irvine rumour right out of the water.

bingo70
05-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Most unlike Petrie statement that and well done to the club for standing up to them. The dig at Hughes was a bit strange though although considering Hughes has had his share of mumps and moans since leaving maybe it's about time we had our right to reply as well.

Doesn't change the fact CC doesn't want to be here though.

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Just read the club update...sounds like Petrie's really digging his heels in... No mention of the dodgy interviews Calderwood has given... But fair play to Petrie for coming out and saying all that.

Hmmm - quite a strong statement. Even has a sideswipe at the legacy of the "previous incumbent".

Interesting that Shteve and CC have the same agent - and RP thinks it is the agent that is being quoted in the press.

Also states we have had no contact with NFFC apart from one phone call when they were told to bolt.

So much for "ongoing negotiations", "will be sorted in next 48 hours", etc, etc, etc.

Edit:

I wonder if this is trying to force CC's hand, as he shows no sign of resigning - and the hands of other interested clubs.

MyJo
05-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Conducting your business through the media in an effort to exert pressure on the rodmeister is like wearing a red jumpsuit and walking the wrong way up the streets of pamplona during the bullrun.

There's only going to be one winner in this and thankfully he is on our side :wink:

Stevie Reid
05-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Interesting statement.

However, it was very much Steve McLaren and not his agent who was talking about CC on SSN yesterday.

Scorrie
05-07-2011, 09:55 AM

Absolutely. I have just read Petrie's statement and it is pretty strong stuff. I think he is pretty annoyed and looks like he may be thinking of reporting the Brolly for acting out of order. Dunno if this actually helps sort the situation quickly (unless he is determined to hold CC to his contract. End of) but it does show that we wont be pushed about by so called "bigger clubs". And he doesnt apprear to rate Yogi's tenure that highly either!

ScottB
05-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Sounds like the Tasche is hinting at taking Forest to task over tapping CC up by the tone of that statement?

smurf
05-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Very good statement from RP. Much more like it. If i hadn't already renewed my Season Ticket i would having read that. It sounded from the heart. More please Rodders.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The wee (not half!!) dig at Hughes was interesting....

Really don't know what to think of where we are at though reading that....:confused:

At face value you could conclude that RP and the board have every intention of absolutely NOT losing CC. That indeed against his will they will hold him to his contract.

However, RP will of course know that we won't be able to do that. Hard enough holding onto a player who doesn't won't to be at a club and impossible with a manager i would suggest..

Loved the threat against Brolly Man.:top marks

However, it isn't the agents words quoted Rodders... they came right out of the mouth of Brolly man himself and was shown on SKY Sports News.

Reading between the lines is this a put up or shut up to all concerned from RP?

Regardless today our Chairman has IMO behaved publicly in the way this critic has always wanted.:greengrin

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Absolutely. I have just read Petrie's statement and it is pretty strong stuff. I think he is pretty annoyed and looks like he may be thinking of reporting the Brolly for acting out of order. Dunno if this actually helps sort the situation quickly (unless he is determined to hold CC to his contract. End of) but it does show that we wont be pushed about by so called "bigger clubs". And he doesnt apprear to rate Yogi's tenure that highly either!

But then he would also need to consider disciplinary action against CC, too, wouldn't he? It takes two to tango, as the saying goes. Or two, plus an agent.

IWasThere2016
05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Very good statement from RP. Much more like it. If i hadn't already renewed my Season Ticket i would having read that. It sounded from the heart. More please Rodders.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The wee (not half!!) dig at Hughes was interesting....

Really don't know what to think of where we are at though reading that....:confused:

At face value you could conclude that RP and the board have every intention of absolutely NOT losing CC. That indeed against his will they will hold him to his contract.

However, RP will of course know that we won't be able to do that. Hard enough holding onto a player who doesn't won't to be at a club and impossible with a manager i would suggest..

Loved the threat against Brolly Man.:top marks

However, it isn't the agents words quoted Rodders... they came right out of the mouth of Brolly man himself and was shown on SKY Sports News.

Reading between the lines is this a put up or shut up to all concerned from RP?

Regardless today our Chairman has IMO behaved publicly in the way this critic has always wanted.:greengrin

:agree: Now that's LEADERSHIP! This is what we need at this time!

Overdue no doubt but these are strong words with sentiment and commitment :top marks

Glad to see the reference - "the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent" .. OUCH! Five star ouch. Hopefully, the haver will now shut the eff up! :bye:

Well done RP! :top marks

RickyS
05-07-2011, 10:15 AM
But then he would also need to consider disciplinary action against CC, too, wouldn't he? It takes two to tango, as the saying goes. Or two, plus an agent.

would be difficult to prove that it was not just a coffee with a couple of friends. unless we could prove that the club thought he was supposed to be elsewhere at the time

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 10:18 AM
would be difficult to prove that it was not just a coffee with a couple of friends. unless we could prove that the club thought he was supposed to be elsewhere at the time

Yes - my suggestion was a bit tongue in cheek. But back to the cliches - no smoke without fire, etc, etc, etc.

CC could always say that he was meeting his agent and an old friend for a chat about football and was surprised when the subject of becoming assistant manager was raised. Could also say that he discusses issues like future career development, etc with his agent on a regular basis.

MB62
05-07-2011, 10:23 AM

"I know that every Hibernian supporter will be right behind the manager"

There is about as much chance of that happening as there is of us winning the Scottish cup. One look at the message board here puts that wish to bed so get him to France (or Nottingham or wherever) out of our club.

"Once again, it's time for all of us to play our part"

Well, play your part then Rod and get him oot the door and a new manager in, then maybe we will be happy to play our part AGAIN.

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes - my suggestion was a bit tongue in cheek. But back to the cliches - no smoke without fire, etc, etc, etc.

CC could always say that he was meeting his agent and an old friend for a chat about football and was surprised when the subject of becoming assistant manager was raised. Could also say that he discusses issues like future career development, etc with his agent on a regular basis.

McLaren blew that one oot the windae when he made his statement.

Speedway
05-07-2011, 03:02 PM
This thread is slowing right down due to increased competition from similar threads so...erm...speculate.....speculating.....speculati on.

Thoughts?

yekimevol
05-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Petries green and white army !!!!!

down the slope
05-07-2011, 05:07 PM
STV just said Birmingham want CC, more on the story in a minute it said , quick finish yer tea, mind you if its STV it will be something they made up.

Aldo
05-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Sold to the highest bidder!!! For me CC's time at ER is over and all this disruption is worse than the west coast media.

This leaves the club in a very tight spot but we shouldnt sack him. Even if he resigns I am sure we can sort them out tappin up oor manager of only 9 months??

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 05:19 PM
STV just said Birmingham want CC, more on the story in a minute it said , quick finish yer tea, mind you if its STV it will be something they made up.

They're surely wasting their time. If current reports are to be believed then CC only has eyes for Notts Forest.

iwasthere1972
05-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Chris Hughton was on SSN about half and hour ago saying that they wanted CC but they are totally aware that he is contracted to Hibs. Or words to that affect as I wasn't listening too closely.

Is the STV report similar to this?

iwasthere1972
05-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Sold to the highest bidder!!! For me CC's time at ER is over and all this disruption is worse than the west coast media.

This leaves the club in a very tight spot but we shouldnt sack him. Even if he resigns I am sure we can sort them out tappin up oor manager of only 9 months??

All he has to say is that he is committed to Hibs and he doesn't want to join Notts Forest or Birmingham. It would then be the end of the story no matter how much compensation was offered.

The sooner CC goes the sooner we can get a manager in. :aok:

down the slope
05-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Chris Hughton was on SSN about half and hour ago saying that they wanted CC but they are totally aware that he is contracted to Hibs. Or words to that affect as I wasn't listening too closely.

Is the STV report similar to this?

It was, sounds like a man in demand .

iwasthere1972
05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
SSN live at Almondvale now

The_Todd
05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
I realise Rod is trying to make a point that Hibs won't be pushed around by the "bigger English boys", but it's getting a little self-detrimental now. We're depriving ourselves of having a manager who's heart is in it during a vital preseason. Time to cut our losses and let him bolt, not letting the door hit him on the way out.

andy1875
05-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Anyone else see the Chris Hughton interview on sky sports news earlier? Said there has been dialogue between Birmingham and Hibs re CC. Does this not contradict what Rod said in his statement today? Apologies if this has already been posted.

GGTTH

HibeeMG
05-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Anyone else see the Chris Hughton interview on sky sports news earlier? Said there has been dialogue between Birmingham and Hibs re CC. Does this not contradict what Rod said in his statement today? Apologies if this has already been posted.

GGTTH

Petrie's statement was directed at Forest, not Birmingham.

jonty
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
and dialogue could be a very short exchange.

CH: Can we speak to Colin.
RP: Compensation.
CH: OK We'll think about it.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Petrie's statement was directed at Forest, not Birmingham.

Not quite, it was aimed at all clubs:
From the official site : "No club has permission to speak to the Hibernian manager."

andy1875
05-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Not quite, it was aimed at all clubs:
From the official site : "No club has permission to speak to the Hibernian manager."

The statement said and gave an exact date when we spoke to Forest, there was no mention of Birmingham at all. Hughtons comments suggest they have spoken to Hibs....

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 09:07 PM
The statement said and gave an exact date when we spoke to Forest, there was no mention of Birmingham at all. Hughtons comments suggest they have spoken to Hibs....

The statement I put in my post above is lifted from the statement. I'm sorry but which part of "No club" is causing the confusion?

EDIT : I know that the statement referred to Notts Forest and not Birmingham but, to me, "No club" includes all teams, including Birmingham.

andy1875
05-07-2011, 09:31 PM
The statement I put in my post above is lifted from the statement. I'm sorry but which part of "No club" is causing the confusion?

EDIT : I know that the statement referred to Notts Forest and not Birmingham but, to me, "No club" includes all teams, including Birmingham.

I understood the message from Rod to be that they were not in discussions with any club, but Hughton has tonight said they have had dialogue with Hibs. Maybe ive misunderstood somewhere along the line. Maybe I'm being completely daft and missing something here. Why did the statement not include info on Birminham making contact?

TheBruce
05-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Despite the clubs statement today ! It was clear in the first half tonight at Livi that CC inability to commit to the club is starting to creep on to the pitch! I know it was only a friendly but we should still be humping teams like that ! Oh and Martin Scott & Micheal Hart can join him !

Dibben
05-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Despite the clubs statement today ! It was clear in the first half tonight at Livi that CC inability to commit to the club is starting to creep on to the pitch! I know it was only a friendly but we should still be humping teams like that ! Oh and Martin Scott & Micheal Hart can join him !

What did the 2nd half show then???

leither17
05-07-2011, 09:37 PM
that was a shocking interview there on sky news saying he didnt want to demean the fans well sorry pal that interview there did please get this sorted asap and dont let the door hit you on the arse as you leave colin

Oranje39
05-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Ridiculous! Very embarrassing for Calderwood and the club!

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 09:39 PM
that was a shocking interview there on sky news saying he didnt want to demean the fans well sorry pal that interview there did please get this sorted asap and dont let the door hit you on the arse as you leave colinWhat did he say this time? I switched of because I thought we werenae going tae get an interview efter this game.

micksoo
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Just seen CC on SSN just a matter of time now. Clear that he wants to move on.

TheBruce
05-07-2011, 09:41 PM
It was better but we still got beat and we have no strength in depth!

Winston Ingram
05-07-2011, 09:44 PM

The day I think that we should make decisions based on performances in friendlies is the the day I get carted off to the looney bin:wtf:

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 09:47 PM

Probably showed that a bunch of young laddies came on and did better than the experienced ones. Unfortunately, during the season to expect the young guys to perform like that against half decent SPL sides, then it wont happen.

We need new players in now, from a manager who wants to be here!

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 09:50 PM
The day I think that we should make decisions based on performances in friendlies is the the day I get carted off to the looney bin:wtf:

Come on eh, the game tonight is a sideshow compared to what is happening at the club at the moment. Do you think that CC want's to be here?

I realise you can't judge a team over a pre-season, but the lack of new players in the squad is frightening and something needs to be done about it now, with or without CC!

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I understood the message from Rod to be that they were not in discussions with any club, but Hughton has tonight said they have had dialogue with Hibs. Maybe ive misunderstood somewhere along the line. Maybe I'm being completely daft and missing something here. Why did the statement not include info on Birminham making contact?

Maybe Birmngham are going about their business properly?

Delboy4
05-07-2011, 10:12 PM
CC body language whilst giving interview on SSN, he was scratching his ear, touching his nose, coughing everytime he was asked a question..! If he played Poker, he would get humped for telling porkies! Go now CC.

GGTTH

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 10:15 PM

Don't worry, you're not the only one that is baffled. I don't understand how Rod can say that nobody has permission to speak with CC but then someone else turns around and says they are in negotiations. It doesn't make sense. Someone is being artistic with the truth, that's for sure.

leither17
05-07-2011, 10:15 PM
interview on again after the break on ssn

Delboy4
05-07-2011, 10:20 PM
interview on again after the break on ssn

That SSN is abs s**t, I've been waiting an hour to see the goals and watched every headline about 5 times! As long as it's English news it will be showed and showed and showed... :(

leither17
05-07-2011, 10:23 PM
That SSN is abs s**t, I've been waiting an hour to see the goals and watched every headline about 5 times! As long as it's English news it will be showed and showed and showed... :(

did you catch it there blink and you missed it

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 10:28 PM
CC body language whilst giving interview on SSN, he was scratching his ear, touching his nose, coughing everytime he was asked a question..! If he played Poker, he would get humped for telling porkies! Go now CC.

GGTTHI cannae believe anybody who has watched that interview and the previous one could still be of the belief he wants tae be here or that he even should be here. This need sorted and he needs tae be out the door ASAP.

Delboy4
05-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Yeah, great coverage! Ha.

zlatan
05-07-2011, 10:29 PM

In fairness no one is interested except Hibs fans so it's a small surprise they have bothered to cover the past two friendlies.

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 10:32 PM
In fairness no one is interested except Hibs fans so it's a small surprise they have bothered to cover the past two friendlies.I dinnae think it was a surprise at all, they're after the Calderwood tae NF/BC story. I doubt they'd have been there otherwise.

truehibernian
Don't worry, you're not the only one that is baffled. I don't understand how Rod can say that nobody has permission to speak with CC but then someone else turns around and says they are in negotiations. It doesn't make sense. Someone is being artistic with the truth, that's for sure.

Or evidence (and audit trail) for a report to FIFA for 'tapping up'. That's what I would be planning as we speak if I were Hibs.

I would also however be planning to drive CC to the airport and politely kicking him up and down the runway to the plane :agree: Has acted with no grace, respect or common decency throughout. The statement from Hibs today, whilst well intentioned, for me was done to 1) reinforce our position for compensation purposes 2) as mentioned, prepare for a potential report to the football authorities and 3) Rod no doubt was getting a tad frustrated at having to empty his 'inbox' the last few days from angry supporters.

New man, for me, has to be in place by next week at the latest. And I hope to god that RP has been laying the foundations for that as well.

Pleased for Thornhill, Crawford and Horner tonight, and Galbraith. Not too worried about the result as the off field stuff has bound to have had an effect whether we choose to believe it or not. Onwards and upwards and hopefully without Calderwood. Sad that it came to it but even my patience has worn thin with him.

Harpandcastle
In fairness no one is interested except Hibs fans so it's a small surprise they have bothered to cover the past two friendlies.

I doubt they would have had there not been interest from down south in our manager.

The Harp
05-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Sounds like the Tasche is hinting at taking Forest to task over tapping CC up by the tone of that statement?

Looks like Rod is gonna get tough over this and about time too. If the only official approach made by Forest was by phone on the 24 June - and this was rejected, then how the hell can McClaren come out with the line "... he wants to come here and it is the only place he wants to come."
This surely indicates that CC has been approached illegally while still under contract. I hope Rod throws the book at them - and I don't mean the wee red one!
Anybody going toe to toe wi' Rod is likely to find they have bitten off more than they can chew. The only drawback is that time isn't on our side. IMO, it's about time CC broke his silence about this fiasco - his credibility is shot to pieces. :grr:

zlatan
05-07-2011, 10:41 PM
I doubt they would have had there not been interest from down south in our manager.

They were also at whoever Dundee United were playing on Saturday and there's nowt going on with them. Has there been footage of the Hearts game on SSN as well this evening?

I don't think Brum or Forest fans will be that arsed about the story. Assistants are nothing more than an afterthought to fans.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 11:05 PM

Obviously i was not there tonight, but according to some who were it was the kids who looked the better players tonight.

If thats the case imo thats a real worry. Not only are we losing to a lower league team, do they start their league before us? Are we behind them fitness wise?

I cant see any positives about tonight, yesterday or the last 3 weeks.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I cannae believe anybody who has watched that interview and the previous one could still be of the belief he wants tae be here or that he even should be here. This need sorted and he needs tae be out the door ASAP.

I didn't see the latest interview but I saw the BBC one and it got a reaction out of me. Is it not even remotely possible that he's just as pissed off about all this speculation as we are?

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Obviously i was not there tonight, but according to some who were it was the kids who looked the better players tonight.

If thats the case imo thats a real worry. Not only are we losing to a lower league team, do they start their league before us? Are we behind them fitness wise?

I'll give you just one.

We went into the dressing room 2-0 down and looking like a shambles. We came out in the second half a different team, grabbed a goal back and were unlucky not to score some more - poor finishing. To me that shows something positive about how this team can react when facing a challenge. Heads didn't go down like that have before.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 11:15 PM
I'll give you just one.

We went into the dressing room 2-0 down and looking like a shambles. We came out in the second half a different team, grabbed a goal back and were unlucky not to score some more - poor finishing. To me that shows something positive about how this team can react when facing a challenge. Heads didn't go down like that have before.

Great news then, we showed a wee bit of fighting spirit against Livi, thats right up there with us celebrating losing but scoring a goal up in Inverness. :rolleyes:

Removed
05-07-2011, 11:15 PM

Starting lineup was nowhere near the 11 I would expect to start against Celtc. It was a very poor start and Livi looked totally up for it and it showed. I think like us they have only played one friendly and had a decent result against the Pars but even if their starting 11 was their strongest we should be doing better.

Our kids were defo the better players tonight but we can't throw that many into an SPL battle at the same time and expect to take points.

keep the faith
05-07-2011, 11:21 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_7022258,00.html

Incredible. Dont know who's behavior is worse now, Shteve McLaren or Calderwood himself. The pair of them and their shared agent are trying to pull a flanker I think.

Dig in Rod and dont let him go cheaply!!

frazeHFC
05-07-2011, 11:22 PM
McClaren just needs to speak to Mick McCarthy of Wolves who I believe said.

Nobody gets anything for a relatively modest fee from Hibs. When did that last happen? Have you ever dealt with him (Petrie]? Do me a favour. Tell me the last one who came out of there for a relatively modest fee? The last person who left there for nowt was probably the manager when he got the sack!.

When and why did he say this? Who was he trying to sign?

Removed
05-07-2011, 11:29 PM

Incredible. Dont know who's behavior is worse now, Shteve McLaren or Calderwood himself. The pair of them and their shared agent are trying to pull a flanker I think.

CC is just lucky he never got the GTF chants tonight. With everyday that passes with no resolution and his interviews/statements getting even more embarrasing the odds of it getting ugly in the next game reduce dramatically imo.

Diclonius
05-07-2011, 11:30 PM
When and why did he say this? Who was he trying to sign?

Steven Fletcher.

snooky
05-07-2011, 11:38 PM
CC is just lucky he never got the GTF chants tonight. With everyday that passes with no resolution and his interviews/statements getting even more embarrasing the odds of it getting ugly in the next game reduce dramatically imo.

Yep - all the questions & answers fall on CC's shoulders.
Question: why doesn't he just come out and say either "I'm staying" or "I'm off"
Answer: He should ***** or get off the pot NOW.....on second thoughts, just PFO.

RickyS
05-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Steven Fletcher.

http://sport.scotsman.com/wolverhampton-wanderers/Fletcher-is-worth-every-penny.6457826.jp

silverhibee
06-07-2011, 12:27 AM
I'll give you just one.

You forget to mention that Livi also squandered a couple of good chances in the first half that could have put the game to bed for them, and they still looked dangerous in the second half on the counter attack, but yes Hibs were the better team in the second half, was impressed with some of the young lads who played the second half, the lad with the yellow boots on looked good. :greengrin.
But it was evident tonight that wee cant rely on Murray anymore, very slow, Hart, waste of a jersey total bombscare, and Scott, how this guy got a three and half year deal at Hibs baffle's me so it does, i thought Ivan worked very hard in the game, but he still hasn't been working on the final ball, big Gaz, still nowhere near fit sweat was pouring of him when he ran on to the pitch at the start of the game, :greengrin, maybe took a wee knock during the game and went off, another goal as well for him will do his confidence no harm.
But it is glaringly obvious that wee need to get more players in before the season starts in a couple of weeks time. :aok:

basehibby
06-07-2011, 12:35 AM

Being in negotiations with Hibs does not mean anyone's allowed to talk to our manager. If negotiations have been successfully concluded then that's a different matter.

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Great news then, we showed a wee bit of fighting spirit against Livi, thats right up there with us celebrating losing but scoring a goal up in Inverness. :rolleyes:

You roll your eyes so much they're gonna fall out. Your condescension knows no bounds.

You asked for a positive, not strictly true but you said you couldn't find any, so I gave you one (which you promptly dismissed.....as per usual). Team shows fighting spirit and that's still not good enough for you. Even if we won it wouldn't have been good enough for you. Go ahead and deny it but we both know you would find something else to complain about.

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 12:47 AM
You forget to mention that Livi also squandered a couple of good chances in the first half that could have put the game to bed for them, and they still looked dangerous in the second half on the counter attack, but yes Hibs were the better team in the second half, was impressed with some of the young lads who played the second half, the lad with the yellow boots on looked good. :greengrin.
But it was evident tonight that wee cant rely on Murray anymore, very slow, Hart, waste of a jersey total bombscare, and Scott, how this guy got a three and half year deal at Hibs baffle's me so it does, i thought Ivan worked very hard in the game, but he still hasn't been working on the final ball, big Gaz, still nowhere near fit sweat was pouring of him when he ran on to the pitch at the start of the game, :greengrin, maybe took a wee knock during the game and went off, another goal as well for him will do his confidence no harm.
But it is glaringly obvious that wee need to get more players in before the season starts in a couple of weeks time. :aok:

WRT to the first part, I was focusing on ONE positive for Hibs from the game, not trying to give a blow by blow account. Glad to see that you appreciated the 2nd half effort, even if others don't.

Removed
06-07-2011, 12:59 AM
WRT to the first part, I was focusing on ONE positive for Hibs from the game, not trying to give a blow by blow account. Glad to see that you appreciated the 2nd half effort, even if others don't.

You are right the second half was much better and that was positive but Silver is right, Livi could have been out of sight by then. They had numerous chances and Brown got very lucky with the one that just bounced over the bar.

The only positive I had was the ease of getting out the car park and I was home about 5 mins after ft :greengrin

silverhibee
06-07-2011, 01:02 AM

What does WRT mean.

And can anyone tell me the lads name who wore the yellow boots. :greengrin

Removed
06-07-2011, 01:07 AM
What does WRT mean.

With Respect To

And can anyone tell me the lads name who wore the yellow boots.

Crawford (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~55853,00.html)I think

:greengrin

HibeeMG
06-07-2011, 02:21 AM

I take it his date of birth is wrong. That would make him 26. Having just come out of the under-19's, I find that hard to believe.

bathhibby
06-07-2011, 04:52 AM
According to the Moose CC will be on the Alan Brazil breakfast show.
Worth a listen

J-C
06-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Also on Real Radio last night talking to Mark Benstead

http://t.co/s66Ycni (http://t.co/s66Ycni)

Must admit not very inspiring, quicker he goes the better.

stevej
06-07-2011, 06:25 AM

Every chance he is given to show commitment he does the opposite

Your Chairman gave him a golden opportunity yesterday having praised his record and saying nobody had permission to speak to him

Calderwood could have added to that and said enough is enough I am staying lets move on

He does the opposite

If his personal issues down South are so bad - ever think about moving the family up North like most people have to do in this situation?

Calderwood speaks as though he is the victim when he is not - he talks as though he wants people to feel sorry for him

Beefster
06-07-2011, 06:28 AM

Your Chairman gave him a golden opportunity yesterday having praised his record and saying nobody had permission to speak to him

Calderwood could have added to that and said enough is enough I am staying lets move on

He does the opposite

If his personal issues down South are so bad - ever think about moving the family up North like most people have to do in this situation?

Calderwood speaks as though he is the victim when he is not - he talks as though he wants people to feel sorry for him

If he didn't say that he's moving then he didn't do the opposite.

No offence but you seem to be doing the forum version of what your club is doing to Hibs. We've got enough hysteria and attacking of the Hibs manager without you stoking it up.

stevej
06-07-2011, 06:45 AM

No offence but you seem to be doing the forum version of what your club is doing to Hibs. We've got enough hysteria and attacking of the Hibs manager without you stoking it up.

Beefster - I know what you are saying - but I aint going make any difference to the outcome either way

I did actually think that your chairmans statement if backed up by a positive statement from Calderwood could change things

But CC was as non commital as ever - much as I think your chairman standing firm is the right thing to do - your chairman must despair when he hears that interview

The Chairman has praised Calderwood and told everybody that he is the man for the job and a few hours later Calderwood makes it obvious once again he doesnt want the job any more (you know that I know that - its not rocket science)

Chairman and manager aint singing from the same hymn sheet

One step forward by the chairman telling Forest and Birmingham to back off two steps back by Calderwood (still hoping a deal can be done)

Your chairman is a tough negotiator by all accounts - he needs to now turn his attention to getting tough with Calderwood IMO

Until Calderwood commits himself to Hibs (Forest and Birmingham will keep sniffing)

(I am starting to wonder if Forest could even wait to see if Calderwood would get the sack if your guys have a shaky start to the season and get him for free)

I had always assumed McClaren wouldnt wait even this long to appoint an assistant to be honest (he must really want Calderwood is all I can assume)

Loads or potential assistant managers out of work at the moment where zero compensation would be needed ??

I am pretty sure Forest board have appeased McClaren by telling him what they are prepared to pay to land Caldewood and McClaren is doing his best to get him at that price - but knowing if not then he will either have to wait for him or start looking elsewhere

Andy74
06-07-2011, 06:46 AM

Next game he should be getting the treatment. I haven't cared much up until now but that's one more opportunity where he has talked of a desire to be offered something else. When trying to build a new team we don't need this.

Calderwood GTF!

hibbymac
06-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Beefster - I know what you are saying - but I aint going make any difference to the outcome either way

I did actually think that your chairmans statement if backed up by a positive statement from Calderwood could change things

But CC was as non commital as ever - much as I think your chairman standing firm is the right thing to do - your chairman must despair when he hears that interview

The Chairman has praised Calderwood and told everybody that he is the man for the job and a few hours later Calderwood without saying it word for word makes it clear once again he doesnt want the job any more

One step forward by the chairman two steps back by Calderwood

Your chairman is a tough negotiator by all accounts - he needs to now also get tough with Calderwood IMO

Calderwood obviously wants to go, ..... Chairman, now, probably wants him to go, ...... Chairman looking to get as much compo as possible, ........ Chairman doesn't sell a car and call it a shed in his advertising,....

simples really.

marinello59
06-07-2011, 06:50 AM

IMO

Why are you still here then?

Hainan Hibs
06-07-2011, 06:56 AM

The Chairman has praised Calderwood and told everybody that he is the man for the job and a few hours later Calderwood makes it obvious once again he doesnt want the job any more (you know that I know that - its not rocket science)

One step forward by the chairman telling Forest and Birmingham to back off two steps back by Calderwood (still hoping a deal can be done)

Your chairman is a tough negotiator by all accounts - he needs to now turn his attention to getting tough with Calderwood IMO

Until Calderwood commits himself to Hibs (Forest and Birmingham will keep sniffing)

(I am starting to wonder if Forest could even wait to see if Calderwood would get the sack if your guys have a shaky start to the season and get him for free)

I had always assumed McClaren wouldnt wait even this long to appoint an assistant to be honest (he must really want Calderwood is all I can assume)

Loads or potential assistant managers out of work at the moment where zero compensation would be needed ??

I am pretty sure Forest board have appeased McClaren by telling him what they are prepared to pay to land Caldewood and McClaren is doing his best to get him at that price - but knowing if not then he will either have to wait for him or start looking elsewhere

Can't argue with that.

HibeeMG

Is he doing any harm?

He's being courteous (unlike many posters on here!) so what's the problem?

Jim44

Unequivocal quotes from Calderwood. "It all depends on a yes from the chairman," and "You can never say you will not do the job and I will apply myself." Hardly the words of someone who wants his future to be at ER. IMHO Petrie is doing a disservice to the club by forcing him to be where he clearly doesn't want to be." If the worst case scenario evolves and we are forced to keep him and he continues to underperform, I would expect Petrie to follow him out the door by Christmas.

stevej
06-07-2011, 07:01 AM

Marinello - because I enjoy following this story - on our forums it gets very little attention now - coming on here lets me know whether Forest are getting closer to Calderwood or further away

I am a big Forest fan same as you are a big Hibs fan

The day we get him or the day he goes to Birmingham or commits to Hibs then I wont be on here any more mate

(Think it has got 19 pages ish on our forum in comparison). Your forum is the place to find out what is happening now.

marinello59
06-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Marinello - because I enjoy following this story - on our forums it gets very little attention now - coming on here lets me know whether Forest are getting closer to Calderwood or further away

The day we get him or the day he goes to Birmingham or commits to Hibs then I wont be on here any more mate

(Think it has got 19 pages ish on our forum in comparison). Your forum is the place to find out what is happening now.

Fair enough. I rarely visit other fans forums other than to read them. Different strokes etc I guess.

stevej
06-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Next game he should be getting the treatment. I haven't cared much up until now but that's one more opportunity where he has talked of a desire to be offered something else. When trying to build a new team we don't need this.

Calderwood GTF!

Like I said in the other thread - your chairman was on the mark getting tough with Forest and Birmingham - no point him doing that and praising Calderwood if he is going to throw it back in chairmans face

Time for your Chairman to start getting tough with Calderwood

Only reason Forest and Birmingham are still sniffing around is because Calderwood is actually inviting it to happen

Brooster
06-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Lets hope this gets settled asap. I think petrie would be best advised to take the £300k and run because in all probability we would have to pay him off in a few months in any case. He is Hibs worst manager in recent memory and that is saying something, his teams have no fight and in this league you have to win the battle before you win the match. Petrie was obviously talking CC up in his statement yesterday - only quoting stats on the good wee run we had rather than giving us the real (alarming) stats over all CCs games - but he had better stop talking him up too much because we are now in danger of being stuck with CC. Get him out and get someone with passion, dig, fight, desire and tactical knowhow in.

sahib
06-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Lets hope this gets settled asap. I think petrie would be best advised to take the £300k and run because in all probability we would have to pay him off in a few months in any case. He is Hibs worst manager in recent memory and that is saying something, his teams have no fight and in this league you have to win the battle before you win the match. Petrie was obviously talking CC up in his statement yesterday - only quoting stats on the good wee run we had rather than giving us the real (alarming) stats over all CCs games - but he had better stop talking him up too much because we are now in danger of being stuck with CC. Get him out and get someone with passion, dig, fight, desire and tactical knowhow in.

If that happens then Petrie should fall on his sword as well.

J-C
06-07-2011, 07:22 AM
How much is CC on at ER, would £300k not be about right as compo for him, can't see him being on any more than that as a yearly salary.

TrickyNicky
06-07-2011, 07:22 AM

It appears to me that he wants away for family reasons and it sounds like his heart is in doing so.

He speaks about ambition and being wanted but I fail to see how that ambition is any more than purely financial.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, in fact, the opposite but I suppose we surmise that football managers are well paid.

Can anyone tell me: Is he allowed to pay some of the fee / compensation to Hibs himself, as well as Forest paying the balance of what Petrie may think is his worth ?

I feel he has a duty of care to compensate Hibs if he is leaving for personal / lifestyle reasons, to accept a position that may increase his wages by quite a bit. ( would anyone hazard a guess as to what a number 2 might get? )

I'm finding it hard to read into what's going on and how much game playing there is at the moment.

Saorsa
06-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Is he doing any harm?

He's being courteous (unlike many posters on here!) so what's the problem?:agree:

sven nil
06-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Stevej,I for one would like to thank you for your posts mate,

Saorsa
06-07-2011, 07:38 AM

Must admit not very inspiring, quicker he goes the better.That's being kind.

brydekirk
06-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Like I said in the other thread - your chairman was on the mark getting tough with Forest and Birmingham - no point him doing that and praising Calderwood if he is going to throw it back in chairmans face

Time for your Chairman to start getting tough with Calderwood

Only reason Forest and Birmingham are still sniffing around is because Calderwood is actually inviting it to happen
:agree:

Hibstrooper
06-07-2011, 07:51 AM

The way I've heard this is that he is waiting until the clubs agree a fee at which point he will go. At least he is talking about it now - probably told he would look even sillier to dodge the questions again.

I can't agree with him saying it isn't having an impact on the new season, I can't think of another situation having a bigger impact than the manager in limbo just before the season starts.

Steve20
06-07-2011, 07:55 AM
If it won't have an impact on the new season, why are we not bringing in more players? We need at least another 3 or 4 players into that team or we can expect another season in the bottom 3 or 4 teams.

Craig_in_Prague
06-07-2011, 08:00 AM
why doesn't Petrie just name his price, Forest or Birmingham say yes or no.... All parties move on.

Or does it really need to take many weeks and seriously hamper our preparation for the new season - just over 2 weeks away! ..... We badly need 3 or 4 signings in the right positions. This whole saga and Petrie playing hard ball may or may not be the best thing for the club......honestly can't see why they can't thrash this out much faster.

If RP honestly thinks holding onto CC is the best outcome, I have serious doubts.

So much publicity over a manager that has been pish anyway.

Petrie, sort it out ASAP and drive Colin down south.

mjhibby
06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
I have to say i do have sympathy for petrie in this situation.He is trying to keep the manager he appointed only for the manager to make it very difficult by saying he wants to keep his options open.Calderwood knows he wont be sacked at the moment and petrie will give him at least till the first run of fixtures to see how he does.The board want to see calderwood succeed and having cleared out virtually all the deadwood(hart and degraaf to go) rod was hoping to get a few decent signings in and for calderwood to bring on some of the promising youngsters.
Petrie is doing the only thing he can which is trying to ward off the two suitors of cc and if that fails get the best price in compensation.Its incredibly frustrating the timing of this nonsense and not of petries bidding.The worst result of this is that not only are we not chasing transfer targets we may well lose some intended targets as they are not likely to sign when they dont know who will be their new manager.If the situation doesnt change in the near future then for once rod might have to accept a slightly lower compensation figure than he wants so we can move the club forward as the transfer window could run out with no more signings and with us already having players carrying knocks we could go into the season with a threadbare squad and in which we need to sign a rb,another ch and at least another 1 possibly 2 strikers.
Im not too bothered about friendlies results but unless the situation is resolved one way or another we will be behind the 8 ball at the start of the season and could not get the players we want in and as we all know getting players in in january isnt easy.So i say to rod please just dont hope this will go away,get cc to either to commit to the job or accept a decent compensation package and get his replacemnt in.I cant believe petrie hasnt explored the posssibility of his manager going and if he hasnt then god help us as we need to get someone in within days not weeks.As ive said before tango man would be the ideal guy to take on the job for a season and should he do very well then get an extention then if not we look elsewhere.I really cant be bothered with any more of this will he wont he nonsense,sort it out rod that is what you are paid for.

RickyS
06-07-2011, 08:12 AM
why doesn't Petrie just name his price, Forest or Birmingham say yes or no.... All parties move on.

Or does it really need to take many weeks and seriously hamper our preparation for the new season - just over 2 weeks away! ..... We badly need 3 or 4 signings in the right positions. This whole saga and Petrie playing hard ball may or may not be the best thing for the club......honestly can't see why they can't thrash this out much faster.

If RP honestly thinks holding onto CC is the best outcome, I have serious doubts.

So much publicity over a manager that has been pish anyway.

Petrie, sort it out ASAP and drive Colin down south.

sure its the case that they will be aware of the release clause via CC's agent

RickyS
06-07-2011, 08:18 AM
I have to say i do have sympathy for petrie in this situation.He is trying to keep the manager he appointed only for the manager to make it very difficult by saying he wants to keep his options open.Calderwood knows he wont be sacked at the moment and petrie will give him at least till the first run of fixtures to see how he does.The board want to see calderwood succeed and having cleared out virtually all the deadwood(hart and degraaf to go) rod was hoping to get a few decent signings in and for calderwood to bring on some of the promising youngsters.
Petrie is doing the only thing he can which is trying to ward off the two suitors of cc and if that fails get the best price in compensation.Its incredibly frustrating the timing of this nonsense and not of petries bidding.The worst result of this is that not only are we not chasing transfer targets we may well lose some intended targets as they are not likely to sign when they dont know who will be their new manager.If the situation doesnt change in the near future then for once rod might have to accept a slightly lower compensation figure than he wants so we can move the club forward as the transfer window could run out with no more signings and with us already having players carrying knocks we could go into the season with a threadbare squad and in which we need to sign a rb,another ch and at least another 1 possibly 2 strikers.
Im not too bothered about friendlies results but unless the situation is resolved one way or another we will be behind the 8 ball at the start of the season and could not get the players we want in and as we all know getting players in in january isnt easy.So i say to rod please just dont hope this will go away,get cc to either to commit to the job or accept a decent compensation package and get his replacemnt in.I cant believe petrie hasnt explored the posssibility of his manager going and if he hasnt then god help us as we need to get someone in within days not weeks.As ive said before tango man would be the ideal guy to take on the job for a season and should he do very well then get an extention then if not we look elsewhere.I really cant be bothered with any more of this will he wont he nonsense,sort it out rod that is what you are paid for.

a deadline would be the best thing right now

Iain G
06-07-2011, 08:20 AM

Hahaha, flattery will get your everywhere, but I doubt many on here have any more clue as to what is going on with Calderwood than Steve MacClaren has any idea how to be a decent football manager...

stevej
06-07-2011, 08:24 AM
sure its the case that they will be aware of the release clause via CC's agent

Which Forest wont/cant pay

Part/Time Supporter
06-07-2011, 08:29 AM

Go and find an assistant manager you will pay for then.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-07-2011, 08:30 AM

He does the opposite

well said mate

ronaldo7
06-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Do you think we're just going to hand him over likes.

If this is the depths which Forest have fallen, then they should be a shooin for at least 7th this season, just missing out on the play offs.:wink:

Cabbage East
06-07-2011, 08:34 AM
I didn't want him to stay before this saga and I don't want him here now. It's best for all if one of these teams stumps up the notes and takes him to England.

greenginger
06-07-2011, 08:35 AM

C C has a very nice family home in Nottingham with a value of over £1 million.

If he is so desperate to break his contract he should take on a mortgage and buy his own contract out.

I'm sure Mcewan Fraser can assist him with this exit strategy. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 08:46 AM

I agree 100% with you, fight desire will to win, all things we were said to have none of under the last manager. calderood comes in and appart from personel, what has changed?

In last nights real radio interview, he states he's not going to get embarrassed because he's wanted by two clubs, yet he does not mind giving Hibs an embarrassing side, one who cant beat Ayr United over 2 games, finishes 10th with 1 point from 15 against the dross of this league, and the new seasons 2nd game with an away friendly loss at Livingstone.

No fight, no will to win, no passion, that sums up Hibs for the last 18 months, but more importantly sums up Colin Calderwood since the day he arrived at easter road.

Removed
06-07-2011, 08:46 AM
I take it his date of birth is wrong. That would make him 26. Having just come out of the under-19's, I find that hard to believe.

I find it easy to believe that there are typos on any website :wink:

Yes, it has to be wrong, I've seen him play in the 19s

AlbertK86
06-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Did the Talksport interview happen. Been tuned in online for last 1/2 hour but didn't hear it or any reference to it when AB summed up at the end

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 09:06 AM
You roll your eyes so much they're gonna fall out. Your condescension knows no bounds.

You asked for a positive, not strictly true but you said you couldn't find any, so I gave you one (which you promptly dismissed.....as per usual). Team shows fighting spirit and that's still not good enough for you. Even if we won it wouldn't have been good enough for you. Go ahead and deny it but we both know you would find something else to complain about.

Oh well, the team showed just enough fighting spirit to come away with a 2-1 defeat at Livingstone, and you call that a positive? Forgive me if this sounds condescending, but i dont class that as a positive. By all accounts we were pish, outfought again for a large part of the game.

You do know what division Livi play in? You do know our Manager is about as inspiring and as wet as a fortnight in Morecambe? This chump has put our club in turmoil even although you wont admit it, and still think things are hunky dory.

This chump has been looking at the sweeties on offer for how long, Nearly 3 weeks?

How ****ing condescending is he? How much longer are folk like you prepared to bend over and take a shafting before the light gets turned on?

I hope to god if this shambles is still running at the weekend, that the fans who turn up give him as much stick, and call for him to GTF from the first minute to the last.

I said it in another thread, can you imagine any manager treating the old firm clubs the way this ****er is? He'd have been run out of town weeks ago?

Although the answer was we have more class than them, no we dont, we just lay back more often than not and take a good shafting because we have no balls.

AlbertK86
06-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Just heard short clip on talksport news at 10.

CC didn't give much away that we didn't know just that likes to be wanted but committed to Hibs at the moment but doesn't know what will happen in the future.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Just heard short clip on talksport news at 10.

CC didn't give much away that we didn't know just that likes to be wanted but committed to Hibs at the moment but doesn't know what will happen in the future.

I love that statement that he does not know what will happen in the future, when he was probably the only one who could have stopped the whole circus with one statement.

Not now though, he has no chance of continuing as Hibs manager.

Iain G
06-07-2011, 09:15 AM
I love that statement that he does not know what will happen in the future, when he was probably the only one who could have stopped the whole circus with one statement.

Not now though, he has no chance of continuing as Hibs manager.

If neither Forest or Birmingham don't make a suitable offer, he has every chance of continuing as Hibs manager... :wink:

stokesmessiah
06-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Oh well, the team showed just enough fighting spirit to come away with a 2-1 defeat at Livingstone, and you call that a positive? Forgive me if this sounds condescending, but i dont class that as a positive. By all accounts we were pish, outfought again for a large part of the game.

You do know what division Livi play in? You do know our Manager is about as inspiring and as wet as a fortnight in Morecambe? This chump has put our club in turmoil even although you wont admit it, and still think things are hunky dory.

This chump has been looking at the sweeties on offer for how long, Nearly 3 weeks?

How ****ing condescending is he? How much longer are folk like you prepared to bend over and take a shafting before the light gets turned on?

I hope to god if this shambles is still running at the weekend, that the fans who turn up give him as much stick, and call for him to GTF from the first minute to the last.

I said it in another thread, can you imagine any manager treating the old firm clubs the way this ****er is? He'd have been run out of town weeks ago?

Although the answer was we have more class than them, no we dont, we just lay back more often than not and take a good shafting because we have no balls.

BH i know why your frustrated by this and believe me i want him out the door as soon as possible as well. I do however think he has done us a favour slightly in not actually coming out and saying he wants to go (although it could easily be argued that he pretty much has), by this i mean if we are going to get rid of him i would rather we got as much compo as possible and the money was pumped into the new managers transfer kitty. The minute he actually says he wants to leave Hibs we lose a huge amount of our bargaining power.

RickyS
06-07-2011, 09:19 AM

not taking sides here but you sum up how i'm feeling at the moment BH:top marks

Allant1981
06-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Seen his interview from last night and he couldnt look more fed up if he tried, if he didnt want to be away from his family why come up here in the first place?

hibs0666
06-07-2011, 09:23 AM

This price is named in Calderwood's contract. All parties involved will know that price. The scabs and Birmingham are not yet willing to pay that price and so here we are.

Calderwood could walk tomorrow if Hibs waived its rights to compensation, but that would clearly be a ridiculous thing to do.

Bottom line - Calderwood has been tapped up but the tappers aren't prepared to diccy up. It's the system that allows this that should be the focus of people's ire - not Calderwood and certainly not Petrie.

Beefster
06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Seen his interview from last night and he couldnt look more fed up if he tried, if he didnt want to be away from his family why come up here in the first place?

You've never done something, thinking you could cope with a wee bit of difficulty, and then realised that it's not as manageable as you thought it was going to be?

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 09:25 AM
If neither Forest or Birmingham don't make a suitable offer, he has every chance of continuing as Hibs manager... :wink:

He will be hounded out no matter if he does not leave for Forest or Birmingham, and so he should too.

hibs0666
06-07-2011, 09:26 AM

You weren't there so any opinion you have on the game is wild speculation that is as usual in no way balanced and is slanted to suit your agenda of getting yogi back in the job. :wink:

Beefster
06-07-2011, 09:27 AM
He will be hounded out no matter if he does not leave for Forest or Birmingham, and so he should too.

Hounded out by whom exactly? Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean it will.

If he doesn't leave for Forest or Birmingham, the only way he'll be 'hounded out' is by the Board if we are showing no signs of improvement a fair distance into the season.

I hate to say this BH but you seem to be enjoying the opportunity to give Calderwood a kicking a wee bit too much. Presumably because you've been waiting months for it.

marinello59
06-07-2011, 09:28 AM

He won't start the season with us but if he did and got off to a winning start would you still be hounding him out?

Allant1981
06-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Beefster- he must have known he would miss his kids/wife before he took the job. I had the chance to go work in london but it meant id only see my family twice a month. I knew i couldnt cope with that and i reckon most folk would know themselves before moving hundreds of miles away

Aubenas
06-07-2011, 09:30 AM
To add fire to the smoke: Shamrock Rovers have announced Jim Magilton as 'temporary' asst manager to Michael O'Neil this morning. Seeming lack of permanence at Tallaght too apparently..,.,,,

.Sean.
06-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I was behind him up until recently, but i'm sick of him now. Let's get this uninspiring, I-don't-wanna-be-here-anymore tosser tae **** ASAP.

.Sean.
06-07-2011, 09:33 AM
To add fire to the smoke: Shamrock Rovers have announced Jim Magilton as 'temporary' asst manager to Michael O'Neil this morning. Seeming lack of permanence at Tallaght too apparently..,.,,,
Ex-Ipswich? Surprised he's taken a job in that league, never mind as an assistant.

hibs0666
06-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I was behind him up until recently, but i'm sick of him now. Let's get this uninspiring, I-don't-wanna-be-here-anymore tosser tae **** ASAP.

He can go this afternoon if Hibs do not demand compensation. Is that what you want Hibs to do?

Beefster
06-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Beefster- he must have known he would miss his kids/wife before he took the job. I had the chance to go work in london but it meant id only see my family twice a month. I knew i couldnt cope with that and i reckon most folk would know themselves before moving hundreds of miles away

He was already working in Newcastle. Maybe he thought that another 100 miles or so wouldn't make much difference?

There is also the temptation of being his own man. Again, maybe he thought that was worth the sacrifice but it's turned out that the negative effect on his family life is too great?

Hindsight is great but doesn't really help you before you have it.

hibs0666
06-07-2011, 09:34 AM
He won't start the season with us but if he did and got off to a winning start would you still be hounding him out?

Course he would. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 09:35 AM
You weren't there so any opinion you have on the game is wild speculation that is as usual in no way balanced and is slanted to suit your agenda of getting yogi back in the job. :wink:

:greengrin This always makes me laugh, i get stick and accused of wanting Hughes back in the job, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Let me say this for the last time, I supported Hughes and thought he initially did a very good job. He took a struggling side to a european spot. Things turned sour around the middle of February, and we struggled for the next 3 months, but still managed to finish 4th.

He deserved a chance to turn things round, but couldn't and was rightly sacked, and replaced by another chump,:wink: something i have always said, but has been convieniently ignored to suit some peoples argument. :wink:

hibs0666
06-07-2011, 09:37 AM
:greengrin This always makes me laugh, i get stick and accused of wanting Hughes back in the job, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Let me say this for the last time, I supported Hughes and thought he initially did a very good job. He took a struggling side to a european spot. Things turned sour around the middle of February, and we struggled for the next 3 months, but still managed to finish 4th.

He deserved a chance to turn things round, but couldn't and was rightly sacked, and replaced by another chump,:wink: something i have always said, but has been convieniently ignored to suit some peoples argument. :wink:

Fair do's. It dosn't stop your opinion on last night's game as being nothing but wild speculation that is slanted to fit with your entrenched views on the manager. :wink:

Iain G
06-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Course he would. :wink:

Yeah, he'll have to shout loudly for CC to hear him from Blackpool :wink:

Seriously though, if no offers come in for him that Hibs accept, he will be our manager for the start of this season which kicks off in 2 and a bit weeks. :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
06-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah, he'll have to shout loudly for CC to hear him from Blackpool :wink:

Seriously though, if no offers come in for him that Hibs accept, he will be our manager for the start of this season which kicks off in 2 and a bit weeks. :agree:

Which will mean we'll have a manager here who doesn't want to be, which no doubt will affect the players, we'll have no more new signings I'd imagine (or at least miss out on some due to this mess), youngsters thrown in, and quite frankly another terrible, dis jointed season lies ahead.

Removed
06-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Fair do's. It dosn't stop your opinion on last night's game as being nothing but wild speculation that is slanted to fit with your entrenched views on the manager. :wink:

I didn't see any wild speculation in his opinion and I was at the game

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 11:03 AM

My views on the manager are he should go, its clear to me he wants to go. Its clear to me HE is the one causing the turmoil. If he's not committed 100% to the job he has at easter road, why should i support him?

You are right i was not there last night, and i'm only going on what others have said, plus my view of how he set the team up last season. Not a lots changed apparently?

We are being crapped on from a great height by Calderwood, why should anyone support him?

Iain G
06-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Which will mean we'll have a manager here who doesn't want to be, which no doubt will affect the players, we'll have no more new signings I'd imagine (or at least miss out on some due to this mess), youngsters thrown in, and quite frankly another terrible, dis jointed season lies ahead.

The players still seem quite positive about him, see Thornhill asking him to stay for example. IF he does stay I do think he will do the best job he can in the circumstances as a professional football manager for the sake of his own career if nothing else. Anything less will damage his reputation, especially in light of Rod coming out and supporting him as positvely as he has :agree:

Cropley10
06-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Precisely - we knocked back £300k too. Knocked it back trying to convince someone to stay who doesn't want to be here...!

So - sooner or later he'll end up getting sacked and we end up having to find a new manager anyway. Bonkers.

Craig_in_Prague
06-07-2011, 11:12 AM
The players still seem quite positive about him, see Thornhill asking him to stay for example. IF he does stay I do think he will do the best job he can in the circumstances as a professional football manager for the sake of his own career if nothing else. Anything less will damage his reputation, especially in light of Rod coming out and supporting him as positvely as he has :agree:

Players always come out and talk up their boss.

Whilst I'm sure they generally have liked working with him, I do not believe things will go very well, when he is not 100% on the job. How can we strive for this stability everyone wants at the club, when a guy who's only 8-9 months in the door, clearly wants away. Whether he goes in July or not, he'll be gone sometime soon.

We have a hard start to the season, I can see a couple of defeats and things getting bad.

I pray that if he stays we'll still have a team to be proud of, but I just can't see the fans having that feeling and closeness to the side, when the man in charge doesn't want to be there. Even now most of us are sick of CC and want him gone ASAP, just wait till we have some bad results!

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 11:12 AM

I think most managers at all but a few clubs, would rather be somewhere else and are always working towards that. Players too.

Forest and Brum know the price to trigger the clause. Both clubs have enough money so either pay it or **** off.

That said this has the makings of a mess.

Hainan Hibs
06-07-2011, 11:14 AM
I understand Petrie for trying to get Hibs a good deal from this but we are looking at some heavy damage next season if we go into a season with a manager who could not care less, a team that is about 6 players short of a top 6 finish, and a support that is deflated to say the least.

Calderwood has had numerous opportunities to state he wants the Hibs job. He hasn't taken any one of them and his interviews are dreadful. Not once has he showed an ounce of passion, fight or desire for the job.

While I appreciate Petrie's statement on the website his selection of statistics is laughable. The form after the split was nothing short of a disgrace and should have had alarm bells ringing about what needed to be done over the summer.

I hope Petrie is not holding out for a few thousand here or there, because the damage a non arsed Calderwood and the team could cause next season (in it's current state) will be a hell of a lot more than what we can get for a man who has made it clear he does not want to be here.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Players always come out and talk up their boss.

Whilst I'm sure they generally have lked working with him, I do not believe things will go very well, when he is not 100% on the job. How can we strive for this stability everyone wants at the club, when a guy who's only 8-9 months in the door, clearly wants away. Whether he goes in July or not, he'll be gone sometime soon.

They are actually taking him up in private as well. "night and day" from Yogi apparently. Dosent put pepper in your shorts though but you cant have everything.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Hounded out by whom exactly? Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean it will.

If he doesn't leave for Forest or Birmingham, the only way he'll be 'hounded out' is by the Board if we are showing no signs of improvement a fair distance into the season.

I hate to say this BH but you seem to be enjoying the opportunity to give Calderwood a kicking a wee bit too much. Presumably because you've been waiting months for it.

Personally i have never berated any player or manager while at games. I sit 4 seats along from someone who used to be an admin on here, and i'm pretty sure she'd back me up on that. In fact i am the opposite at games, i encourage and get behind them, even those i dont rate one bit.

Although in saying all that, Calderwood imo has crossed the line, and i'd actually hope he was berated, as for the first time i can ever remember, we actually have someone who is causing us problems, and knowingly doing so.

StevieC
06-07-2011, 11:20 AM

I'm not sure how Calderwood can issue any other statement that ends the speculation?

It is obviously beneficial to him to move back down South but he understands that he has a contract to honour and he is trying to remain professional about it.

Until Forest come up with a compensation figure that is close to our Rod's valuation then it's business as usual.

To be fair to Calderwood, he could have walked before now (ala McLeish) but he is carrying on.

Saorsa
06-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure how Calderwood can issue any other statement that ends the speculation?

It is obviously beneficial to him to move back down South but he understands that he has a contract to honour and he is trying to remain professional about it.

Until Forest come up with a compensation figure that is close to our Rod's valuation then it's business as usual.

To be fair to Calderwood, he could have walked before now (ala McLeish) but he is carrying on.That's big of him :bitchy:

I wish he would walk and put an end tae it. Then we could likely sue him for breach of contract while getting on with our own preparations and getting in the new signings we desperately need for the new season that is just over 2 weeks away.

Iain G
06-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Personally i have never berated any player or manager while at games. I sit 4 seats along from someone who used to be an admin on here, and i'm pretty sure she'd back me up on that. In fact i am the opposite at games, i encourage and get behind them, even those i dont rate one bit.

Although in saying all that, Calderwood imo has crossed the line, and i'd actually hope he was berated, as for the first time i can ever remember, we actually have someone who is causing us problems, and knowingly doing so.

This is the bit I still don't agree with BH, even RP is his address to the Hibee nation has stated CC is getting on with things, and he strikes me as a man who will, if he stays, get on with it and work as hard as he can at his job and to imrpove the team from last season.

I think a lot of us have probably been in that situation, where not unhappy in your current role or company, and yuo get a call from a recruitment agency and you do go along and see what is on offer (or whether there are any ferrero rocher in the bag of sweeties!), it doesn't mean you are not dedicated to your current role, just that you want to consider what else is out there. Alas most of us don't have to do this in the public eye, and if MacClaren had kept his stupid gob shut, we might not even be aware of this whole issue!!!

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 11:28 AM
He was already working in Newcastle. Maybe he thought that another 100 miles or so wouldn't make much difference?

There is also the temptation of being his own man. Again, maybe he thought that was worth the sacrifice but it's turned out that the negative effect on his family life is too great?

Hindsight is great but doesn't really help you before you have it.

We've all been in interviews and agreed with everything that was said at the time.

Q; Is this (x) going to be a problem?

A; No not at all. (X) is character building and I will cope just fine. I thrive on it.

Craig_in_Prague
06-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Birmingham still very much looking to bring in CC:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Birmingham-chief-vows-to-continue.6796787.jp

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 11:30 AM
This is the bit I still don't agree with BH, even RP is his address to the Hibee nation has stated CC is getting on with things, and he strikes me as a man who will, if he stays, get on with it and work as hard as he can at his job and to imrpove the team from last season.

Do you accept he wants to leave? If so Petrie will know this too, and he can issue as many statements as he likes, as soon as they get near the compo we are asking, he will let him go.

Now knowing this, would you expect him to let him spend any more money? My answer would be no.

And even if he did let him spend whats left, would you expect any player who to sign knowing the manager could be off any minute? Thats not giving us the 100% he will be demanding from the players, and is knowingly undermining the club imo.

poolman
06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Birmingham still very much looking to bring in CC:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Birmingham-chief-vows-to-continue.6796787.jp

:agree: The board's famous

Speculation surrounding Calderwood has taken on tsunami-like proportions over the past three weeks, prompting a thread on fans' message board Hibs.net which, as of this morning, ran to 106 pages, more than 3,000 replies had been viewed almost 220,000 times.

Bob Box Fish
06-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Why did CC come here in the first place?

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Do you accept he wants to leave? If so Petrie will know this too, and he can issue as many statements as he likes, as soon as they get near the compo we are asking, he will let him go.

How many of he current squad or staff do you think would leave Hibs for either of the clubs involved in this? I suspect most of them would see both Forest and Brum as a step up such are the times we live in.

Iain G
06-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Now knowing this, would you expect him to let him spend any more money? My answer would be no.

And even if he did let him spend whats left, would you expect any player who to sign knowing the manager could be off any minute? Thats not giving us the 100% he will be demanding from the players, and is knowingly undermining the club imo.

I suspect he is in a horrible situation at the moment, he is his own boss again but it seems that his job is causing family problems, he could take a step back in his career for the good of his new wife and kids. If it was me in that situation I supsect it would be a hard one to make, thought I do expect his family to win out on this one eventually.

However Hibs will not let him go without the fight that they are now putting up and quite rightly back the man they picked to lead us forward, and up until this blew up, most of us have been happy with the wasters summer clear out and level of signings to date.

The big question for me is, if he stays, will we back him to the hilt or will we pull back on finances available in case he bails in the near future? In saying that, he does seem to be able to spot a decent player, unlike some recent incumbents in the role :wink:

down the slope
06-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Petrie trying to recoup some of the money he paid out in severance to all his dud appointments , wonder how much that has cost us down the years.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 11:41 AM
How many of he current squad or staff do you think would leave Hibs for either of the clubs involved in this? I suspect most of them would see both Forest and Brum as a step up such are the times we live in.

I agree, most would go to both clubs and be understudies to the players in their positions.

Calderwoods can leave any time he likes, he can resign today, whats stopping him?

Dalianwanda
06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Petrie trying to recoup some of the money he paid out in severance to all his dud appointments , wonder how much that has cost us down the years.

The dud appointments (apart from TM & CC) that most fans clamoured for..:wink:

roondheid
06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
What happens if he resigns? Do we get any compo?

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I suspect he is in a horrible situation at the moment, he is his own boss again but it seems that his job is causing family problems, he could take a step back in his career for the good of his new wife and kids. If it was me in that situation I supsect it would be a hard one to make, thought I do expect his family to win out on this one eventually.

However Hibs will not let him go without the fight that they are now putting up and quite rightly back the man they picked to lead us forward, and up until this blew up, most of us have been happy with the wasters summer clear out and level of signings to date.

The big question for me is, if he stays, will we back him to the hilt or will we pull back on finances available in case he bails in the near future? In saying that, he does seem to be able to spot a decent player, unlike some recent incumbents in the role :wink:

I dont think the fans will forgive him, i dont think Petrie will trust him enough either to back him. For those reasons i believe he will go. When his signings you think are so decent get us into europe, i will come back and congratulate you both. :wink:

Iain G
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM

No, and we don't pick up any of the rest of the Last of the Summer Wine cast either...

Beefster
06-07-2011, 11:46 AM
I agree, most would go to both clubs and be understudies to the players in their positions.

Calderwoods can leave any time he likes, he can resign today, whats stopping him?

His contract for a start. How do you know that he wants to resign?

Iain G
06-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I dont think the fans will forgive him, i dont think Petrie will trust him enough either to back him. For those reasons i believe he will go. When his signings you think are so decent get us into europe, i will come back and congratulate you both. :wink:

I'll pencil that in my diary shall I? :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
For all those clinging to the forelorn hope that CC still wants to be here, I present Exhibit A:

"There's a contract there that you definitely want to honour, unless something changes and everyone comes to an agreement.

"At that point, I must admit, there would be some interest. But it all depends on a couple of yeses from the chairman."

Source? Colin Calderwood. Endof.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14029729.stm

GloryGlory
06-07-2011, 11:52 AM

Don't see why not. McLeish resigned from Birmingham City, joined Aston Villa and the clubs agreed a compo fee.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 11:55 AM
His contract for a start. How do you know that he wants to resign?

I dont think he does want to resign, he wants to leave though imo. Do you still think he wants to stay?

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I'll pencil that in my diary shall I? :greengrin

I hope i am back here in May doing just that. :agree:

H18sry
06-07-2011, 11:57 AM
From the BEEB :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14029729.stm

Aldo
06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Says it all IMHO.....Chairmans decision.

CC :bye:

on and heres one thing you will defo need

:taxi

Saorsa
06-07-2011, 12:05 PM
GTF Calderwood, that is all. :bye:

Dibben
06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
'We are trying to get Colin out of Hibs. It is very difficult but this is the only place he wants to come," McClaren told BBC Radio Nottingham.

"We just have to be a little bit more patient and hope that Hibs will talk and negotiate and get Colin where he wants to be.'

Well then Shteve.... pay up!!!

:taxi

Manxhibs
06-07-2011, 12:15 PM
2 and a half weeks till the season starts and we don't know whether this idiot will be in charge or not, I agree with rod petrie's statement and the timing of it but it doesn't take away from the fact cc wants to leave, get him away from my team.

loanheadhibby
06-07-2011, 12:24 PM
2 and a half weeks till the season starts and we don't know whether this idiot will be in charge or not, I agree with rod petrie's statement and the timing of it but it doesn't take away from the fact cc wants to leave, get him away from my team.

1 win in 1st 17 games, 1 win in last 10 games!

Colin, if you need a collybucky back down the road let me know.

It would be nice if he at least once said that despite all the speculation he was in a very fortunate position to be manager of Hibs! Is it an honour for him to be our manager?

lapsedhibee
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
It would be nice if he at least once said that despite all the speculation he was in a very fortunate position to be manager of Hibs! Is it an honour for him to be our manager?

Indeed. I long for the day when a Hibs manager says that he already has the best job in football. :wink:

ehf
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
"At that point, I must admit, there would be some interest. But it all depends on a couple of yeses from the chairman."

Clear declaration that he wants to leave. Which is fine because he is clueless as a manager and doesn't play the style of football we demand at ER.

But Petrie has to stop messing around. With just over a fortnight until the season starts in earnest, it is more important to bring this fiasco to an end and get the new man in post than posture around trying to squeeze an extra £50K compo out of Forest.

Elephant Stone
06-07-2011, 12:32 PM
300K for someone who is yet to show anything worth holding on to and whose heart clearly isn't here is fine by me. Let's please get this concluded ASAP so we can get someone in before it's too late.