PDA

View Full Version : Miller bk with his tail behind his legs!??

wilkie_1
11-07-2011, 11:09 PM
kenny miller linked bk to the Huns supposedly will b in papers tomorrow!?

essexhibee
12-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Not surprising in the least.....wont be long before Boyd will be begging to return "home".

MSK
12-07-2011, 06:59 AM
kenny miller linked bk to the Huns supposedly will b in papers tomorrow!?Dont see what the problem is tbh ..he tried it & it didnt work out ..same could be said for GOC too then...the SPL might be a **** league but it aint always rosy on the other side either..

Good player though who I would rather went back down south as opposed tae the huns ..

hibee92
12-07-2011, 08:49 AM
50k a week for long enough, fair play to the wee scrote.

LancashireHibby
12-07-2011, 11:30 AM
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14120006.stm)

In fairness, it must be a difficult culture to settle in to and I think it might be something that Riordan might take note of?

Thecat23
12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I've just came off the phone to him.. There has been no contact at all just Ally saying he wants him back. He's in Austria just now, so nothing has been done. Kenny doesn't mind it out there and like anyone did admit it was hard to settle.

JohnScott
12-07-2011, 11:49 AM
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14120006.stm)

In fairness, it must be a difficult culture to settle in to and I think it might be something that Riordan might take note of?

Im sorry guys but if anything underlines how immature these players are (they're grown men for crying out loud) its the fact they come back before the end of their contracts. I was lucky to have lived and worked abroad and it was a fantastic experience. I certainly didn't get 30k a week like Deeks but I certainly wish him well.

cabbageandribs1875
12-07-2011, 12:00 PM
when did he grow a tail anyway :dunno:

PISTOL1875
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Just another average Scottish player who couldnt cut it outside the SPL.............

Gus
12-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Just another average Scottish player who couldnt cut it outside the SPL.............

Like GOC?

Sodje_18
12-07-2011, 01:09 PM
when did he grow a tail anyway :dunno:
When he joined the huns, he had to show he was 'one of their own' :agree:

Leishy1995
12-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I can see another hat-trick at ER coming.

snooky
12-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Miller bk with his tail behind his legs!??

kenny miller linked bk to the Huns supposedly will b in papers tomorrow!?

What a Turkey! :doh:

ancient hibee
13-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Goal every 3 games-not bad to start with.

Westie1875
13-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I've just came off the phone to him.. There has been no contact at all just Ally saying he wants him back. He's in Austria just now, so nothing has been done. Kenny doesn't mind it out there and like anyone did admit it was hard to settle.

Good, no offence meant but I hope he doesn't come back as he always seems to perform very well against us. :greengrin

Kojock
13-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Are all animals tails not behind their legs :confused:

I think the phrase is "tail between his legs"

Found this example :

"your tail between your legs"
feeling ashamed and embarrassed, After playing so badly for the entire game, the team walked off with their tails between their legs

Etymology: based on the behavior of dogs, who will put their tails between their legs when someone speaks angrily to them.

This explains why big Nishy used to walk funny during games. :wink:

Musselbound
13-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Tail between his legs... and considerably richer with enough Pedigree Chum to see him through the rest of his life I should imagine. So I don't think he'll be too fussed. I'd expect Boyd and Riordan to be back in about six months as well but does it really matter? True that many Scottish players will struggle - they probably make little or no effort to learn the language or embrace the culture - but they can make so much money in a short time that it is still a worthwhile move to make. Also, they can say they gave it a go which is more than most.

Thecat23
13-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Good, no offence meant but I hope he doesn't come back as he always seems to perform very well against us. :greengrin

I agree.. I ripped him before he scored that hat-trick and he never let me forget it. I hope he stays there too now :D

wilkie_1
13-07-2011, 08:04 PM

Are all animals tails not behind their legs :confused:

I think the phrase is "tail between his legs"

Found this example :

"your tail between your legs"
feeling ashamed and embarrassed, After playing so badly for the entire game, the team walked off with their tails between their legs

Etymology: based on the behavior of dogs, who will put their tails between their legs when someone speaks angrily to them.

This explains why big Nishy used to walk funny during games. :wink:

Hahaha there is always one smart arse!! Apologies I did realise this once I made the thread and surprised it had taken so long for someone to pick up on it!! well everyone knew what I ment

Sir David Gray
13-07-2011, 10:00 PM
This topic has got me thinking about all the Scottish players who have played outside of Britain and Ireland for a team in the top division of that nation and it's amazing how few there have actually been.

There's hardly any at the moment, that I'm aware of, and even going back to the past, there's been very few players who have given it a go in a foreign country.

Alan Lowing-Fram Reykjavik
Steven Lennon-Fram Reykjavik
Scott Robertson-Fram Reyjavik
Scott Ramsay-Grindavik
Paul McShane-Grindavik
Grant Brebner-Melbourne Victory
Steven McGarry-Perth Glory
Kenny Miller-Bursaspor
Kris Boyd-Eskisehirspor
Jamie Smith-Colorado Rapids
Adam Moffat-Portland Timbers
Mark Kerr-Asteras Tripoli
Derek Riordan-Shaanxi Chanba

In the past;

Garry O'Connor-Lokomotiv Moscow
Kevin Nicol-Norway
Paul Lambert-Borussia Dortmund
John Collins-Monaco
Michael Stewart-Genclerberligi
Ian Ferguson-Northern Spirit
Charlie Miller-Norway, Belgium, Australia
Joe Jordan-AC Milan
Murdo McLeod-Borussia Dortmund
Alan McInally-Bayern Munich
Graeme Souness-Sampdoria
Steve Archibald-Barcelona, Espanyol
Scott Booth-Borussia Dortmund, FC Utrecht, Vitesse Arnhem, FC Twente

Can anyone think on any more? :dunno:

Jonnyboy
13-07-2011, 10:06 PM
This topic has got me thinking about all the Scottish players who have played outside of Britain and Ireland for a team in the top division of that nation and it's amazing how few there have actually been.

There's hardly any at the moment, that I'm aware of, and even going back to the past, there's been very few players who have given it a go in a foreign country.

Scott Ramsay-Grindavik
Paul McShane-Grindavik
Kenny Miller-Bursaspor
Kris Boyd-Eskisehirspor

In the past;

Kevin Nicol-Norway
John Collins-Monaco
Joe Jordan-AC Milan
Graeme Souness-Sampdoria

Joe Baker - Torino :wink:

lapsedhibee
13-07-2011, 10:38 PM

Denis Law and Steven Tweed are Scottish. :wink:

Sir David Gray
13-07-2011, 10:38 PM

One problem. He was English! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-07-2011, 10:57 PM
One problem. He was English! :greengrin

Only by birth :greengrin

marinello59
14-07-2011, 06:46 AM

Scott Ramsay-Grindavik
Paul McShane-Grindavik
Kenny Miller-Bursaspor
Kris Boyd-Eskisehirspor

In the past;

Kevin Nicol-Norway
John Collins-Monaco
Joe Jordan-AC Milan
Graeme Souness-Sampdoria

Craig Brewster played in Greece. John Inglis was a superstar in Bulgaria apparently and Jim Bett played in Belgium and Iceland. That's off the top of my head, there are probably quite a few more.
If we compare ourselves to our larger neighbours down South Scottish players probably have a better record of achieving success abroad.

Edit - Davie Dodds played in Switzerland.

marinello59
14-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Mark McGhee - Hamburg

Cocaine&Caviar
14-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Didn't the likes of Stewart and Kerr also go to Turkey last summer?

Stonewall
14-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Gary Smith played in France.

.Sean.
14-07-2011, 01:39 PM
There's a Scottish 'keeper plying his trade in Spain, however the name escapes me. One of the tabloids done a feature on him last month.

Sir David Gray
14-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Craig Brewster played in Greece. John Inglis was a superstar in Bulgaria apparently and Jim Bett played in Belgium and Iceland. That's off the top of my head, there are probably quite a few more.
If we compare ourselves to our larger neighbours down South Scottish players probably have a better record of achieving success abroad.

Edit - Davie Dodds played in Switzerland.

True, forgot about Brewster. :aok:

Didn't the likes of Stewart and Kerr also go to Turkey last summer?

Mark Kerr went to Greece and I included him. Stewart went to Turkey but came back after a few months and is now a free agent. He's included in the bottom section of players who used to play abroad.

ScottB
14-07-2011, 05:36 PM
This smacks of them resigning Ferguson, using the press to set up the move.

However, Buraspor aren't going to pack his bags for him, do Rangers have the cash required? Also, Miller, the guy who was going on about being so bored of the SPL wants to come back? At least go to the Championship or something Kenny, assuming any of them would want him.

Getting tired of these footballer moves away, then bleats they are homesick 3 weeks later stories.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-07-2011, 05:41 PM
What about our " pole dancer" Went to the US did he not?

Musselbound
14-07-2011, 06:38 PM
There's a Scottish 'keeper plying his trade in Spain, however the name escapes me. One of the tabloids done a feature on him last month.

This might be Ian Mackay who started off at Deportivo La Coruña and is now with Ponferradina. However, although he has at least one Scottish parent and is therefore eligible for Scotland he was actually born and bred in La Coruña so it is not as if he has had to adapt.

.Sean.
14-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Didn't Derek Soutar sign for a Greek team?

There is also 2 or 3 Scots at Hibernians, one if them Ritchie Hart.

son of haggart
14-07-2011, 07:34 PM
denis law - torino

carnoustiehibee
14-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Didn't Derek Soutar sign for a Greek team?

There is also 2 or 3 Scots at Hibernians, one if them Ritchie Hart.

went to cyprus, but being homesick wasnt the reason he came home

Dunbar Hibee
17-07-2011, 08:10 PM

TC23... Just been told Bursaspor and Kenny have agreed terms with Rangers... any truth in this??

YehButNoBut
20-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Looks like Miller will end up at Cardiff as Bursaspor have rejected Rangers’ “ridiculously low” offer for Kenny Miller and claim the Scotland international is on his way to Cardiff City for a medical.

Good news IMO as he always seems to score against us for Rangers.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/263080-bursaspor-reject-rangers-bid-for-kenny-miller/

steakbake
20-07-2011, 11:40 AM
It's a funny way of looking at it. Miller is back with his tail between his legs. How exactly?

I think the boy has done something that a lot of players and people in general wouldn't dare to do or wouldn't have the balls to take a chance on.

Yes, he was getting good money to be there to soften the risk and yes, perhaps it hasn't worked out - but there's a fair few people whose ambition is limited to warming the rotten benches at Parkhead and Ibrox than to give something truly different a go.

I'm glad he's not gone back to Rangers and has chosen instead to go to something a bit more interesting at Cardiff. Good luck to him.

Stevie Reid
20-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Looks like Miller will end up at Cardiff as Bursaspor have rejected Rangers’ “ridiculously low” offer for Kenny Miller and claim the Scotland international is on his way to Cardiff City for a medical.

Good news IMO as he always seems to score against us for Rangers.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/263080-bursaspor-reject-rangers-bid-for-kenny-miller/

His Wikipedia page has him as a Cardiff player already.

Winston Ingram
20-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Miller is going to Cardiff for a medical at the weekend:agree: