PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish

just_joe
11-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Just scores 2 in 5 mins for hartlepool against some Dutch side. Welldone big man! Glad he has made a good start to his new club as after all hes one of our own. :thumbsup:

Lago
11-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Just scores 2 in 5 mins for hartlepool against some Dutch side. Welldone big man! Glad he has made a good start to his new club as after all hes one of our own. :thumbsup:

Yip, well done indeed, badly treated by the Hibs fans during his last season at ER

edwards
11-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Yip, well done indeed, badly treated by the Hibs fans during his last season at ER

Was it De Graff's old team. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
11-07-2011, 06:36 PM

:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
11-07-2011, 06:42 PM
It's a crying shame that we can only praise one of our own after they've left the club, where we spent the majority of time dishing out some horrendous personal abuse.

It was always my dream to play for Hibs, a lifetime ambition of mine. And although I didn't make it professionally, I'd be gutted to live the dream and spend the rest of my life remembering the abuse I'd received from fellow supporters.

iwasthere1972
11-07-2011, 06:42 PM

He'll be on Jeff Stelling's Xmas card list now.

Well done Nishy. I was one of the 5% on here that rated you. :aok:

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2011, 06:48 PM
He'll be on Jeff Stelling's Xmas card list now.

Well done Nishy. I was one of the 5% on here that rated you. :aok:

Same :agree:

The abuse he got on here was OTT.

vanNISHtelroy
11-07-2011, 06:58 PM
:thumbsup:Well done Nishy!:thumbsup:

SRHibs
11-07-2011, 06:59 PM
He's still *****. Good luck to him though.

skipster7
Great start for him down there.hes without doubt a confidence player so this will hopefully get the fans onside.well done big man:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
Never rated him good enough for Hibs, but i wish him well at Hartlepool.

Speedway
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
The website I'm looking at has the scorer down as 'Gish' :confused:

col02
11-07-2011, 07:08 PM
He's still *****. Good luck to him though.

He might be ***** in your opinion but at least he made it as a professional footballer unlike all the superstar footballers and football managers on here!

iwasthere1972
11-07-2011, 07:08 PM

That's just carelessness. :grr:

The "P" on a keyboard is nowhere near the "G".

Only kidding Nishy. :agree:

Sean1875
11-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Depending on his next few performances the second letter might get a wee edit aswell :greengrin

In all seriousness though i wish him all the best!

CallumLaidlaw
11-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Lilian?

SRHibs
11-07-2011, 07:29 PM
He might be ***** in your opinion but at least he made it as a professional footballer unlike all the superstar footballers and football managers on here!

Yeah, great. :aok:

matty_f
11-07-2011, 07:34 PM
It's a crying shame that we can only praise one of our own after they've left the club, where we spent the majority of time dishing out some horrendous personal abuse.

It was always my dream to play for Hibs, a lifetime ambition of mine. And although I didn't make it professionally, I'd be gutted to live the dream and spend the rest of my life remembering the abuse I'd received from fellow supporters.

I feel for Nish in some respects, but at the same time if you or I had the chance to play for Hibs we'd bust a gut at it.

I don't think I ever saw a game where I thought Nish looked like he was doing his very best for his boyhood heroes.He never looked like he was bursting a gut to get on the end of a cross, for example. He was offside so much it became a standing joke on here, and it's ironic that I use the word 'standing', because Nish was notorious for falling on his backside.

He took the easy option way too often, particularly when falling down under a challenge, where someone genuinely trying their hardest would be staying on their feet and battling.

I would have had a lot more sympathy for Nish if he'd even managed to match the attitude of Rankin or Stevenson, players who genuinely look like they're trying their best every game, even when they're having poor matches.

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm just wondering who will be the boo boys target this season.....there's always about 3.

I'm sure I saw Hoggy getting abuse even when he had left, showing the mentality of some posters on here :rolleyes:

SRHibs
11-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm just wondering who will be the boo boys target this season.....there's always about 3.

I'm sure I saw Hoggy getting abuse even when he had left, showing the mentality of some posters on here :rolleyes:

What's this mentality then?

IMO, this notion that the 'boo boys' look to target someone is pretty much cack. Nish wasn't victimised; he really was utter garbage last season.

silverhibee
11-07-2011, 07:39 PM

:top marks

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2011, 07:40 PM
What's this mentality then?

people sticking the boot in for just the sake of sticking the boot in.

Cameron1875
11-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Give it a rest. The crap players will always come in for stick, its the same at any club not just Hibs. Nish, Hogg, Rankin were cast as scapegoats by some but at the end of the day they weren't good enough to play for this club. It just took managers a lot longer than supporters to see it.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I feel for Nish in some respects, but at the same time if you or I had the chance to play for Hibs we'd bust a gut at it.

I don't think I ever saw a game where I thought Nish looked like he was doing his very best for his boyhood heroes.He never looked like he was bursting a gut to get on the end of a cross, for example. He was offside so much it became a standing joke on here, and it's ironic that I use the word 'standing', because Nish was notorious for falling on his backside.

He took the easy option way too often, particularly when falling down under a challenge, where someone genuinely trying their hardest would be staying on their feet and battling.

I would have had a lot more sympathy for Nish if he'd even managed to match the attitude of Rankin or Stevenson, players who genuinely look like they're trying their best every game, even when they're having poor matches.

If Nish deserved credit and praise when he was at the club, he'd have got it. I watched one of the most inept centre forwards in the history of Hibs, fall over like he'd been shot after challenges from the slightest of players.

I watched him stray offside, as if he was running with his eyes shut? He did have the odd decent game though, but overall imo was pretty poor. I do thank him for his wonderfull contribution towards Rob Jones goal in the 2007 cup final though. :wink:

He lived the dream i suppose, he got a move to his boyhood heros, and we all wish he'd been better, but he wasn't. I'm glad he's gone, but i also hope he does well down south

bingo70
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Thats not abuse, that's people critising his performances when he played for hibs, a hibs forum is exactly the place to do that.

Doing that doesn't show any sort of mentality it's giving a genuine opinion and not just saying everything or everyone is great all the time.

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Give it a rest. The crap players will always come in for stick, its the same at any club not just Hibs. Nish, Hogg, Rankin were cast as scapegoats by some but at the end of the day they weren't good enough to play for this club. It just took managers a lot longer than supporters to see it.

After much deliberation.....its a no :aok:

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Thats not abuse, that's people critising his performances when he played for hibs, a hibs forum is exactly the place to do that.

Doing that doesn't show any sort of mentality it's giving a genuine opinion and not just saying everything or everyone is great all the time.

There's criticising and there's abuse and at times this place was rife

BEEJ
11-07-2011, 07:47 PM

I would agree with all that. :agree:

Plus he had developed a reputation with the refereeing fraternity up here as a player who went to ground too easily and who often had too much to say to the match officials. He therefore rarely got the benefit of the doubt on aerial challenges or 50/50s.

In many ways a fresh start in a new league will do him the world of good. Wish him all the best.

bingo70
11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
There's criticising and there's abuse and at times this place was rife

Nah, disagree.

I think the atmosphere at some games was poisenous and the criticism was way over the top for certain players, that was abuse, what you read on here is just people expressing their opinion and doesn't show any sort of mentality.

Hope Nish does well down there but i'm still absolutely delighted he's away from here.

.Sean.
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM
There's an unreal number of never-could-have-been-a-footballer posters on here who never pass up an opportunity to stick the knife in.

REMOVED IMO it's pure jelousy that Nish played and scored for Hibs and they never will.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2011, 08:18 PM
There's an unreal number of never-could-have-been-a-footballer posters on here who never pass up an opportunity to stick the knife in.

REMOVED. IMO it's pure jelousy that Nish played and scored for Hibs and they never will.

I have to say i am jealous as **** of every player who plays for Hibs, but it wont stop me passing my opinion on a message board about them, and so it shouldn't.

hfc rd
11-07-2011, 08:21 PM
I hated Colin Nish but I would never go that far and start booing him. Yes he did make me angry and annoyed with his rubbish peformances but I would never start booing a current Hibs player. It just feels wrong.

Anyways well done Nishy. Hopefully you do the business down at Hartlepool and get your confidence back.

matty_f
11-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I have to say i am jealous as **** of every player who plays for Hibs, but it wont stop me passing my opinion on a message board about them, and so it shouldn't.

Spot on. Whether or not I was a 'never could have been' doesn't bias my views of what I'm watching. The only thing that does is that I generally tend to be more forgiving of Hibs players and slower to write them off than I would be players from any other team.

I hated Colin Nish but I would never go that far and start booing him. Yes he did make me angry and annoyed with his rubbish peformances but I would never start booing a current Hibs player. It just feels wrong.

Anyways well done Nishy. Hopefully you do the business down at Hartlepool and get your confidence back.

:agree: Agree with most of the post, though I never could say that I hated Colin Nish. That's a bit extreme.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-07-2011, 08:43 PM
So lets' line up every week one through eleven, with players that are Hibbies at heart. Ability and results don't matter. What is important is that they are all out there, living the dream. We could play our part by being on the terraces with huge rosettes, coloured top hats and wooden rattles. Meanwhile, in the real world......it disnae work like that.

DaveF
11-07-2011, 08:44 PM

You do realise that before the internet we still had boo boys?

Nish had his chance, didn't grab it and was rightly criticised for some pretty dire performances in a Hibs shirt. Personally, I wanted him to do well but it never happened and now that he's left I'm not going to start forgetting the stick he (deservedly) got from me.

Sure, there were plenty of erses who went way over the top, but the bottom line is he DID deserve some criticism so lay off kickback style revisionism of how he has was hard done by......

Newhaven
11-07-2011, 08:52 PM

That's the same Chris Hogg that's in the football wilderness now :confused:

.Sean.
11-07-2011, 08:54 PM
There's a difference between jelousy and bitterness though.

There's nothing wrong with being jelous about folk who have played for Hibs, but being bitter about it because you (not you in particular, BH) were not good enough is both sad and pathetic.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2011, 09:03 PM

There's nothing wrong with being jelous about folk who have played for Hibs, but being bitter about it because you (not you in particular, BH) were not good enough is both sad and pathetic.

I could have been a contender...

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2011, 09:34 PM

Its a pretty stiff accusation to make, and personally i dont know anyone who falls into that category. :confused:

Hibby D
11-07-2011, 09:44 PM

I agree with many of your sentiments :agree:

I'd question if those who are praising him now were his critics whilst he was at Hibs.
Probably not!

new malkyhib
11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
He was still better than Duffy or Trakys - now there's two real imposters if you're looking for someone to have a go at.

Two "centre forwards" who share the "distinction" of having never scored a goal for Hibs and should have never got near a Hibs jersey.

So at least Nish has got one up on them.

basehibby
11-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Well done Nishy :thumbsup:

Great start to life as a monkey hanger.

Nish was never a world beater at hibs but I thought his performances on the whole went downhill in inverse proportion to the volume of some of the pish emanating from the stands.

I'll be interested to see how he fairs down south now he can maybe concentrate more on enjoying his football.

cam75
11-07-2011, 11:00 PM
well done Nish,was it not his late goals that got us into Europe,aye we fans no **** all......:jamboak::jamboak:

Removed
11-07-2011, 11:02 PM
well done Nish,was it not his late goals that got us into Europe,aye we fans no **** all......:jamboak::jamboak:

And here was me thinking that the points earned over the whole season got us into Europe!!!

Bad Martini
11-07-2011, 11:33 PM
So, its unfair to say.

I hope big Nish does well.

He wasnt good enough for Hibs.

I wish him no bad luck or ill at all.

:rolleyes:

Its no necessarily the case we all think he's the devil incarnate and can be happy he doesny play for Hibs whilst hoping he does well where he is now? :rolleyes:

That said, I dont give a ratts ass about former players clubs though it is possible to wish them well as long as they dont leave us for the huns or hearts.

:agree:

cam75
12-07-2011, 01:25 AM
And here was me thinking that the points earned over the whole season got us into Europe!!!

Tounge and cheek please,us mere fans dont understand football,we just pay there wage and make our familys suffer throughe the pain.:na na::na na::na na:

Nando™
12-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Not good enough for Hibs, glad he's gone. I know he took some real stick from the fans, and I sincerely hope he still feels just like any other Hibs-mental when he comes to Easter Road to see the green and white in the future.

Thanks for the goals Colin and good luck.

Albion Hibs
12-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Glad to see is off to a good start. I really hope the pool fans show him a bit more loyalty and respect than a section of our fans did.

Well done nishy and all the best.

hibee81
12-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Never rated him good enough for Hibs, but i wish him well at Hartlepool.

Just a thought, but who do you rate as a good enough player for the hibs, is it just me or are we deluded as fans as to how big our team is in scale to the rest of football. Nish was the best we could get at the time from the managers point of view and personally i thought he wasn't as bad as he's made out to be, Played the wrong way for a start cause hes never a target man, and others around him didnt exactly help his cause did they.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Just a thought, but who do you rate as a good enough player for the hibs, is it just me or are we deluded as fans as to how big our team is in scale to the rest of football. Nish was the best we could get at the time from the managers point of view and personally i thought he wasn't as bad as he's made out to be, Played the wrong way for a start cause hes never a target man, and others around him didnt exactly help his cause did they.

Players who stay on their feet under the slightest of challenges, players who stay onside rather than running offside like he did A LOT, players who dont puff out their arse after 25 minutes. And players who dont give a foul away nearly every time they go for a challenge. No names, just players who are better than Nish.

Kaiser1962
12-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Glad to see is off to a good start. I really hope the pool fans show him a bit more loyalty and respect than a section of our fans did.

Well done nishy and all the best.

hibee81
12-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Players who stay on their feet under the slightest of challenges, players who stay onside rather than running offside like he did A LOT, players who dont puff out their arse after 25 minutes. And players who dont give a foul away nearly every time they go for a challenge. No names, just players who are better than Nish.

well imo you have just described another ex hibee that hasn't so long ago left to ply his trade elsewhere who the majority see as some sort of hero!!!!!!

Dunbar Hibee
12-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Can't we once just have a thread congratulating an ex player or wishing him luck without the 'He's still ****' comments :rolleyes: Would save a lot of arguments...

Franck is God
12-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Colin Nish is a £100k SPL striker, he will do a job for the majority of sides in the league outwith the Old Firm and his scoring record is actually pretty good for the type of player he is.

I think he did everything that was asked of him at Hibs and Riordan, Fletcher & Stokes have Colin to thank for a number of the goals they scored for us and Hartlepool's gain is our loss as far as I'm concerned.

The criticism he got from a lot of people on this board and from the stands was never justified in my opinion, I'm not saying for a second that he was our best player but the level of expection on his shoulders was just stupid from some fans.

Good Luck with Hartlepool Colin, I hope your new home fans are a bit better than the ones you left.

PatHead
12-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Good to see him doing well.

One of the reasons I gave up my season ticket was the idiots around me kept on giving Nish pelters, even if he was only warming up and not on the pitch. Thought I was better paying at the gate and staying away from them. Yes he wasn't an Eddie Turnbull or Alan Gordon but we have had few of them over the years. We have also had a lot worse that I can think of......

A friend of Nish told me that by the middle of last season Nish even dreaded going into Asda shopping with his girlfriend as there was always some smart alec going to give him grief telling him how useless he was. Do these idiots not realise players are human beings as well? Football is largely about making the most of your ability. Confidence plays a large part in that so before "fans" start giving pelters to de Graff, O'Connor, Smith, Stack or whoever they decide this season just think about it. Surely you should support the team positively.

ShanksSaidNo
12-07-2011, 12:51 PM

REMOVED IMO it's pure jelousy that Nish played and scored for Hibs and they never will.
Quite an incredible point of view.

The fact that i think Colin Nish was a waste of space, was nothing to do with the fact that he is one of the worst centre forwards i've seen at Easter Road in my 20 years of attending, Nothing to do with the fact that he can't run, was unfit, can't stay on his feet, can't header, doesn't score enough, can't hold the ball up, has no pace, can't use his left foot.

No, i see Colin Nish as a waste of space purely because I am jealous of him.

I can't understand this outpouring of "Good on you Nishy", "Go get 'um Tiger" .... Why? As far as i'm concerned we're well rid, if he goes down there and bangs in 100 goals why would that make people happy? it doesnt remove from the fact that he was rubbish for us.

500miles
12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Colin Nish was a decent player for us. However, to get the most out of him, he needed to be played higher up the park than we usually played him, and preferably being supplied from the wings. He didn't have he strength or speed for anthing else. That's was his own fault.

During his last period as a Hibs regular, he was getting played as a supporting striker - which he could be marked out of - and we didn't have a decent wide player. He didn't fit the team template. On top of that, massive fan pressure meant his confidence was destroyed, and you could see whenever he was coming off the bench or walking out on to the pitch, he wasn't looking forward to what was coming. THAT is the fans fault. The treatment he got was shameful, and an embarrassment to the Hibs support as a whole.

You just need to look at the goalscoring charts to see there was a player in there that we just couldn't make the most of.

thebakerboy
12-07-2011, 03:30 PM
IMHO Nish was not a great player and definately not a target man although at least 2 managers seemed to think he was but what cannot be taken away from him now is that he one of the TOP 10 GOAL SCORERS IN THE SPL EVER! So to all those that thought he was @ish what does that say!! Having said that I'm glad he is away for his own sake . Good luck Colin.

SRHibs
12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Can't we once just have a thread congratulating an ex player or wishing him luck without the 'He's still ****' comments :rolleyes: Would save a lot of arguments...

I guess those kind of comments are provoked by people who feel the need to proclaim that he was unfairly treated here, and that he was victimised. :wink:

Don't think anyone on here would wish him anything but well.

IMHO Nish was not a great player and definately not a target man although at least 2 managers seemed to think he was but what cannot be taken away from him now is that he one of the TOP 10 GOAL SCORERS IN THE SPL EVER! So to all those that thought he was @ish what does that say!! Having said that I'm glad he is away for his own sake . Good luck Colin.

He's neither a target man, nor can he hold the ball up. He averaged a goal every 4-5 games for us, which, while it isn't terrible, it's not good enough if said player isn't contributing much else to the team. He's in the top 10 goal scorers because of the amount of time he's spent in the SPL compared to other better players. Still an achievement, but it doesn't make him a good player.

ancient hibee
13-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Now that he and Riordan have gone how many other all time SPL top 10 goal scorers have we got again?

SRHibs
13-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Now that he and Riordan have gone how many other all time SPL top 10 goal scorers have we got again?

That's a fair point right there. Would definitely take Nish over O'Connor due to his place in the Top 10 SPL scorers...:rolleyes:

edwards
13-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Nah, disagree.

I think the atmosphere at some games was poisenous and the criticism was way over the top for certain players, that was abuse, what you read on here is just people expressing their opinion and doesn't show any sort of mentality.

Hope Nish does well down there but i'm still absolutely delighted he's away from here.

Aren't u just contradicting yourself absolutely delighted he's away from here.
His performances were nothing short of abysmal last season, his first touch was disgraceful, he couldn't jump for a ball and he got bullied by defenders and spent most of the time on his rear end.
Only because he is a hibby do I wish him all the best down south but he only had himself to blame for the abuse he received as his performances in the latter stages as a hibs player were utter gash.

Alfred E Newman
13-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Poor Nish had his confidence shattered by some of the worst abuse I`ve heard aimed at one of our own players and even though he has now gone he is still getting pelters. How pathetic is that?

Jonnyboy
13-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Poor Nish had his confidence shattered by some of the worst abuse I`ve heard aimed at one of our own players and even though he has now gone he is still getting pelters. How pathetic is that?

3pm
13-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I think big Colin's 'final nail' was when he missed that one at the Pink Palace on New Year's Day.

Big Frank
13-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Cannae wait till Hibs net progresses from Colin Nish being barry/pish threads. It'll be a good day :agree:

easty
13-07-2011, 09:35 PM

Poor Nish? How about poor me! I had my mental health put at risk watching a footballer that appeared to go from decent SPL player to player without any kind of football ability (or the human capacity to not fall down) and even though we've gotten rid of him there's people still bringing up the things that make me want to scream out "get that REMOVED prick off now". How irritating is that?

Let's leave Nish alone, he's gone, we're better for it. Do a Hibee, who'll still be at Easter Road next season (me!), a favour and let's shut up about Colin Nish, it gies me a bloody headache just thinking about him last season!

Fergus52
15-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Poor Nish? How about poor me! I had my mental health put at risk watching a footballer that appeared to go from decent SPL player to player without any kind of football ability (or the human capacity to not fall down) and even though we've gotten rid of him there's people still bringing up the things that make me want to scream out "get that REMOVED prick off now". How irritating is that?

Let's leave Nish alone, he's gone, we're better for it. Do a Hibee, who'll still be at Easter Road next season (me!), a favour and let's shut up about Colin Nish, it gies me a bloody headache just thinking about him last season!

why even click on the thread then?

Woody70x2
15-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Has he been away long enough for us to resign him?

Bring Nish home :flag:

silverhibee
15-07-2011, 10:50 AM

:agree::agree:

Future17
20-07-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Colin-Nish-39not-a-meathead39.6804333.jp

Jonnyboy
20-07-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Colin-Nish-39not-a-meathead39.6804333.jp

Wouldn't surprise me if Colin does well there - unless of course bus loads of Hibs fans travel down to continue the abuse

3pm
20-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Colin does well there - unless of course bus loads of Hibs fans travel down to continue the abuse

Come on John, big Nish was thinking here! Who the f*** wants to go to Hartlepool?! :o)

Jonnyboy
20-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Come on John, big Nish was thinking here! Who the f*** wants to go to Hartlepool?! :o)

:greengrin

Keith_M
20-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Does anyone else think he could still do a job for us?

:hmmm: