PDA

View Full Version : More TV Games Confirmed (including the Derby) (merged)

Frazerbob
11-07-2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10428

The Derby is on Sunday 28th at 3.45pm. No happy......I'll miss a Derby at Tynecastle for only the 2nd time in 30 odd years.

Gatecrasher
11-07-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10428

The Derby is on Sunday 28th at 3.45pm. No happy......I'll miss a Derby at Tynecastle for only the 2nd time in 30 odd years.
What a strange KO time :crazy:

3pm
11-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I'd play them on the moon at midnight if I thought we'd win.

Keith_M
11-07-2011, 11:55 AM

:agree:

Still better than 12:30 though.

So, what time does the march leave Charlotte Square now then?

Westie1875
11-07-2011, 11:57 AM

I'm delighted with it, hate early KOs on a Sunday. The Mon is a bank holiday too so can make a good night of it.

Frazerbob
11-07-2011, 11:58 AM
:agree:

Still better than 12:30 though.
So, what time does the march leave Charlotte Square now then?

Not for me! I'd have made it if it was a 12.30. :violin:

Jamesie
11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I wonder if this one needed to be moved anyway due to UEFA Qualifiers etc? I have no idea when these take place so I'm just surmising.

I see in terms of the current "block" of TV games after the Hearts game we have:

Sat 24 Sept 15:00 Dundee United H
Sat 1 Oct 15:00 Rangers A
Sat 29 Oct 15:00 Celtic A

Haven't checked the Champions League / Europa League timetable yet but you've got to wonder if these games too could be punted to the Sunday.

In any event I can't go to the Dundee United match due to a work course I'm on that weekend and I'll probably miss another fixture before the end of the season which does make me wonder how much I'm actually benefitting out of having a season ticket!

YehButNoBut
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Game at Tynie in August now on Sunday 28th at 3:45pm :rolleyes:

The Scottish Premier League have announced revisions to the published fixture list due to television coverage.

The changes confirm new dates and times for some high profile matches including the first Glasgow and Edinburgh derbies of the season. Some matches have been moved from Saturdays to Sundays or have had their kick-off times altered.

Amended fixtures:

Saturday, August 13 12.45pm ICT v Rangers
Sunday, August 14 12.15pm Kilmarnock v Hibernian
Saturday, August 20 12 noon Motherwell v Rangers
Sunday, August 28 12.45pm St Mirren v Celtic
Sunday, August 28 3.45pm Hearts v Hibernian
Saturday, September 10 12.30pm Dundee United v Rangers
Saturday, September 17 12.30pm Dunfermline v Hibernian
Sunday, September 18 12.30pm Rangers v Celtic
Saturday, September 24 12.45pm Dunfermline v Rangers
Sunday, September 25 12 noon St Johnstone v Hearts
Sunday, October 2 12.45pm Hearts v Celtic
Saturday, October 15 12.30pm Kilmarnock v Celtic
Saturday October 23 12.30pm Hearts v Rangers
Saturday October 29, 12 noon Aberdeen v Rangers

H18Y GW
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM

I wouldn't think the police would be over the moon either, 3 hours longer drinking than normal , oh dear could be an eventful day !

YehButNoBut
11-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Sorry did not see the other thread, feel free to merge.

Frazerbob
11-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I wonder if this one needed to be moved anyway due to UEFA Qualifiers etc? I have no idea when these take place so I'm just surmising.

I see in terms of the current "block" of TV games after the Hearts game we have:

Haven't checked the Champions League / Europa League timetable yet but you've got to wonder if these games too could be punted to the Sunday.

In any event I can't go to the Dundee United match due to a work course I'm on that weekend and I'll probably miss another fixture before the end of the season which does make me wonder how much I'm actually benefitting out of having a season ticket!

If Hearts win their first tie they will be playing the Thursday before the Derby. Let's hope it's away game in some far flung football back-water.

LancashireHibby
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Hearts switch suits me down to the ground :agree:

As mentioned, it's better than a half 12 kick off - I'm more disappointed about the Killie and Dunfermline changes.

green&left
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Hearts game isn't too bad, still chance for a decent bevvy before and the 29th is a holiday.

Killie switch is a pain in the though. 12.15pm on a Sunday!!

.Sean.
11-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Hearts switch suits me down to the ground :agree:

As mentioned, it's better than a half 12 kick off - I'm more disappointed about the Killie and Dunfermline changes.
I'm chuffed with the later KO time versus Hearts too.

I'm away the weekend of the Dunfermline game as it is my best mates 21st so i'm pleased i'll at least get to see that on the TV, i'm dissapointed about the Killie game though as it's always a great day away on the bus I go on when it kicks off at 3.

LancashireHibby
11-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Trains looknig very favourable for the derby from down here as well...just hope I can manage to get a match ticket again!

SRHibs
11-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Derby at 3:45 on my b'day. Superb. :aok:

Cameron1875
11-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Dunfermline away is a 12.30 kick off! FFS

Ideal away day chance for few beers b4 and after if 3 oclock ko. TV is going to finish off SPL football very soon imo especially with killie hibs 12.15 on sunday. It seems as if they are trying to make it as difficult as possible to go to the games.

HibbyAndy
11-07-2011, 02:23 PM

Ideal away day chance for few beers b4 and after if 3 oclock ko. TV is going to finish off SPL football very soon imo especially with killie hibs 12.15 on sunday. It seems as if they are trying to make it as difficult as possible to go to the games.

Spot on :agree:

Nightmare KO time for an away game against Dunfy!:no way:

PatHead
11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Is the Hibs Celtic game on Sky or BSB?

LancashireHibby
11-07-2011, 02:31 PM

Just have an early start and then plenty of boozing after the game :wink:

Had given Dunfy up as a bad job once I'd seen the kick off change, but the trains are far more simple than I thought they would be so it's another tempting one...

marinello59
11-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't think the police would be over the moon either, 3 hours longer drinking than normal , oh dear could be an eventful day !

Surely it is only 45 minutes longer?:confused:

HH81
11-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Is the Hibs Celtic game on Sky or BSB?
ESPN I'm told.

hibs4eve
11-07-2011, 05:24 PM
is it on tv

Big-Si-1875
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Aye, thats why its been shifted to the Sunday

225-EasterRd
11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
killie game now on sunday 14th aug 1215pm live on espn
hearts game now on sunday aug28th 345pm live on espn

OtterHibee
11-07-2011, 05:59 PM
The date/time switch for the Derby was always going to come about, albeit 3.45pm is a very odd kick-off time. Dunfermline is fairly local so doesn't pose too much of a problem.

Kilmarnock away at 12.15pm on a Sunday however, is utterly dreadful! That one is going to be a pain travel-wise.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Surely it is only 45 minutes longer?:confused:

I assume the guy means that derbies these days normally kick off at 12:30pm or something around that time so therefore it's now kicking off 3 hours later than that.

DH1875
11-07-2011, 06:19 PM

They going to be busy boys cause there's an all day event on at the RHC which dj Tiesto is headlining. It's his only Scottish gig so there could be some visitors from around about the country. Could be an intresting night cause it's on till about 2am.

R'Albin
11-07-2011, 06:19 PM
is it on tv

Was this really worth starting a new thread?

frazeHFC
11-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Who the hell are hbibs?

iwasthere1972
11-07-2011, 07:02 PM
is it on tv

ESPN

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Fixtures

Antifa Hibs
11-07-2011, 07:08 PM

Spot on :agree:

Nightmare KO time for an away game against Dunfy!:no way:

What difference does it make if its 12.30 or 15.00? Surely if you want to go, have a good day out, few beers etc, you'll go or at least try to go regardless if its 12 or 3. Serious question BTW, never gotten this 'it's oan tele am no gaun' mentality.

Seems some (naming no names in particular) will look for the slightest excuse for not going to the fitba. Next we'll see people no goin to St Mirren away 'cos its aw ticket'.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
What difference does it make if its 12.30 or 15.00? Surely if you want to go, have a good day out, few beers etc, you'll go or at least try to go regardless if its 12 or 3. Serious question BTW, never gotten this 'it's oan tele am no gaun' mentality.

Seems some (naming no names in particular) will look for the slightest excuse for not going to the fitba. Next we'll see people no goin to St Mirren away 'cos its aw ticket'.

A lot for quite a few folk i'd imagine, not everyone lives in Leith?

Tricla
11-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Was this really worth starting a new thread?

What's your alternative suggestion for asking a question on a forum?

james62
11-07-2011, 07:40 PM

I wouldn't worry about this one as there's no way United will still be in Europe by then.

R'Albin
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
What's your alternative suggestion for asking a question on a forum?

There is already a thread about tv games though, surely just check that ?

Removed
11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
They going to be busy boys cause there's an all day event on at the RHC which dj Tiesto is headlining. It's his only Scottish gig so there could be some visitors from around about the country. Could be an intresting night cause it's on till about 2am.

Who?

Antifa Hibs
11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Armchair fans will be gutted to hear that Hertz - Hibs is meant to be the same time as Man U - Arsenal.

Decisions decisions lads...

HibsMax
11-07-2011, 07:57 PM
It would be nice if Hibs could update their website to state which games are on TV and, if they know, which channel it's on. The first thing I did after reading this thread was go to the official site to see how easy it would have been to get the answer there and I found my answer - not very easy. But then I also noted that the East Fife result is not there. I know it's not the most important information that needs to be updated but it looks pretty sloppy when the information is out of date.

down-the-slope
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
It would be nice if Hibs could update their website to state which games are on TV and, if they know, which channel it's on. The first thing I did after reading this thread was go to the official site to see how easy it would have been to get the answer there and I found my answer - not very easy. But then I also noted that the East Fife result is not there. I know it's not the most important information that needs to be updated but it looks pretty sloppy when the information is out of date.

All the changed matches are in email newsletter from club today....so sign up / stop moaning (or both :wink:)

.Sean.
11-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Armchair fans will be gutted to hear that Hertz - Hibs is meant to be the same time as Man U - Arsenal.

:stirrer:

:tee hee:

Removed
11-07-2011, 08:12 PM

Never has the saying better the devil you know been so true.

frazeHFC
11-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I swear the title keeps changing:

hbibs v celtic
hibs v celtic
hibs v celtc

HibsMax
11-07-2011, 08:18 PM
All the changed matches are in email newsletter from club today....so sign up / stop moaning (or both :wink:)

Ha Ha. I am already signed up but that is no excuse for an out of date website IMO.

Frazerbob
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Last season, on a couple of occasions it was impossible to get the train or bus down from Aberdeen and make the early kick offs on Sundays. Trains cost about £20 if you book early but I had to take the car, costing around £50 in petrol and (more importantly) no bevvy. So, you see it does make a difference.

This time I was hoping for an early KO as I've got a wedding in Aberdeen to get back for. The 3.45pm KO means I'm snookered. Nae luck!!

R'Albin
11-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I swear the title keeps changing:

hbibs v celtic
hibs v celtic
hibs v celtc

Now its Hibernian vs celtc:greengrin

Jamesie
11-07-2011, 09:57 PM
This time I was hoping for an early KO as I've got a wedding in Aberdeen to get back for. The 3.45pm KO means I'm snookered. Nae luck!!

Changed days Fraz, I remember when the Derby would have come first! And missing two Derbies at Tynecastle in the one season - unprecedented!

frazeHFC
11-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Now its Hibernian vs celtc:greengrin

What next? Hibernian v Celtic? That is surely odds on favourite. :wink:

Removed
11-07-2011, 10:13 PM
What next? Hibernian v Celtic? That is surely odds on favourite. :wink:

Or Cabbage v Tims

Nakedmanoncrack
11-07-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm another one happy with the Derby change, would have missed it if on the Saturday, so was hoping it would be moved to the Sunday but to end up with a 3.45 KO rather than the lunchtime slot was more than I had dared hope for.:flag:

HH81
12-07-2011, 06:27 AM
http://m.skysports.com/liveonsky/football I know its on ESPN but why are sky saying its on here? Typing error I guess

Antifa Hibs
12-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Last season, on a couple of occasions it was impossible to get the train or bus down from Aberdeen and make the early kick offs on Sundays. Trains cost about £20 if you book early but I had to take the car, costing around £50 in petrol and (more importantly) no bevvy. So, you see it does make a difference.

For out of town fans I can understand, aswell as those who have something on in the morning/evening which means they can't attend. Those in Embra and the surrounding areas though, simply using the TV as an excuse not to go is poor IMO, and those that don't go will end up watching it on the box, which is why we have televised fixtures in the first place!

YehButNoBut
12-07-2011, 08:11 AM
The date/time switch for the Derby was always going to come about, albeit 3.45pm is a very odd kick-off time. Dunfermline is fairly local so doesn't pose too much of a problem.

Kilmarnock away at 12.15pm on a Sunday however, is utterly dreadful! That one is going to be a pain travel-wise.

Not too bad it's not much more than an hours drive, along the M8 and down the M77.

At this time on a Sunday the roads should be reasonably quiet. :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
12-07-2011, 09:17 AM

That's no excuse....I'm missing a mate's wedding on Saturday so that I can go to the Barnsley game :thumbsup:

Steve-O
12-07-2011, 10:01 AM
2:45am on a Monday morning for the derby in NZ. Absolutely gash time, literally couldn't be any worse! :rolleyes:

bod
12-07-2011, 11:33 AM

Manure / Arsenal for me

YehButNoBut
12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Manure / Arsenal for me

Record Man U/Arsenal and watch the Hibees, shurely. :flag:

SunnyLeither
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Who?

Showing yer age you auld fart :na na::na na:

How's the laddie? text update please.........