PDA

View Full Version : De Graff

mr mojo risin
11-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Noticed he has played in pre season games, was wondering how he played? (not been to any games)
Did not rate him before he left to go out on loan, do you think he will play much this season?

hibsbollah
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Player manager.

sleeping giant
11-07-2011, 09:38 AM
cracking username op :-)

basehibby
11-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Noticed he has played in pre season games, was wondering how he played? (not been to any games)
Did not rate him before he left to go out on loan, do you think he will play much this season?

Good call - he's certainly one we should hope for a lot more from this season. I've not given up hope as I saw flashes of quality from him - but he does have a lot to prove as he delivered precious little after a much hyped arrival.

He gets a clean slate from me but like you I've not seen the team play yet - anyone else that can shed any light???

iwasthere1972
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM

He's dynamite. Hibs are currently considering a bid from Barcelona for our talented Dutchman.

The Voice Of Reason
11-07-2011, 01:52 PM
He's dynamite. Hibs are currently considering a bid from Barcelona for our talented Dutchman.

:faf:

De Graaf's performances can be described as a "fairytale"........GRIM !!!

To be fair, he is a rare breed - we have managed to sign a Dutchman who's first touch is worse than the average Scotsman - Well Done Yogi !!!!! :agree:

Bayern Bru
11-07-2011, 02:53 PM
He's actually looked better than he did before. Possibly down to him avoiding the opposition goal :wink: but I think he benefits from Palsson/Thorny alongside him. Or maybe not having Miller/McBride in midfield with him.

ShanksSaidNo
11-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I was at the East Fife game at the weekend and Edwin De Graaf is pure and simply not good at football.

I bridge on feeling sorry for him. He seems like a decent human being.

Unfortunately we are not in a business where a nice personality will get you anywhere - as a footballer - basic ability escapes him.

If Edwin were to leave Easter Road tomorrow, our squad would not be weakened in the slightest

essexhibee
11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I just don't understand how someone with a good pedigree could have turned out to be so bad. :confused:

marinello59
11-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I just don't understand how someone with a good pedigree could have turned out to be so bad. :confused:

He isn't as bad as some want to believe. I thought he had a decent first half on Saturday, didn't look so good in the second. If the manager is going to play him I would hope the fans do get behind him and let him take the chance offered.

hibsbollah
11-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Shaun Lennon, Paul Dalglish, the list is endless.

basehibby
11-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Shaun Lennon, Paul Dalglish, the list is endless.

:confused: But what about "all too late for goodbyes" - that was o'rite

edwards
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Found it hard to believe that De Graff got another chance as the football he served up last season was dreadful.
If he can't produce a better standard of football I predict he will be oot the door before santa can put his first foot doon the chimney.
Cmon Edwin prove us wrong.:wink:

basehibby
11-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Found it hard to believe that De Graff got another chance as the football he served up last season was dreadful.
If he can't produce a better standard of football I predict he will be oot the door before santa can put his first foot doon the chimney.
Cmon Edwin prove us wrong.:wink:

He signed a 2 year contract so not a lot of choice from Hibs point of view

hibsbollah
11-07-2011, 06:45 PM
:confused: But what about "all too late for goodbyes" - that was o'rite

Wasnt that Julian? And it never really floated my boat either :-)

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2011, 07:43 PM
I was at the East Fife game at the weekend and Edwin De Graaf is pure and simply not good at football.

Unfortunately we are not in a business where a nice personality will get you anywhere - as a footballer - basic ability escapes him.

If Edwin were to leave Easter Road tomorrow, our squad would not be weakened in the slightest

:rolleyes:

Must have been at a different game to me then....and I was most certainly at Bayview

matty_f
11-07-2011, 08:09 PM
The biggest problem that De Graaf has now, is that unless he produces some spectacular (and not even good) performances in the first few weeks of the season, then he'll never win over the fans.

Some folk have made up their mind on him already, and barring one or two performances last season where I would go so far as to say he was good, I can understand why they have formed that opinion.

I'm hoping that we'll see a better player in De Graaf this season, and what I hope for as much as that is that he's given more than one or two mis-placed passes before the crowd get on top of him.

ArabHibee
11-07-2011, 08:10 PM
:rolleyes:

Must have been at a different game to me then....and I was most certainly at Bayview

Well, dunno what game you were at, but he was rank rotten on Saturday.

The Hurricane
11-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Pure mince one of worst half dozen Hibs players I have seen and I go back almost 50 years. Thanks to previous incompetent incumbent.

FranckSuzy
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
You have an interesting take on things Marinello..I'd wouldn't not like to take in a game with you sometime to compare notes....:greengrin

Que? :confused: :greengrin

basehibby
11-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Wasnt that Julian? And it never really floated my boat either :-)

:flamed:Flamed! My reputation as an authority on Beatles offspring and their musical output exposed as a sham - taxi for basehibby please

:taxi

brydekirk
11-07-2011, 11:30 PM
:top marks

Andy74
12-07-2011, 06:13 AM
The biggest problem that De Graaf has now, is that unless he produces some spectacular (and not even good) performances in the first few weeks of the season, then he'll never win over the fans.

Some folk have made up their mind on him already, and barring one or two performances last season where I would go so far as to say he was good, I can understand why they have formed that opinion.

I'm hoping that we'll see a better player in De Graaf this season, and what I hope for as much as that is that he's given more than one or two mis-placed passes before the crowd get on top of him.

He's had more good games than Palsson but people have decided he's good so treated totally differently.

hibsboy90
12-07-2011, 09:21 AM
:faf:

De Graaf's performances can be described as a "fairytale"........GRIM !!!

To be fair, he is a rare breed - we have managed to sign a Dutchman who's first touch is worse than the average Scotsman - Well Done Yogi !!!!! :agree:

Not that yogi shouldnt harbour some blame, it was Brian Rice who identified EDG as the man to solve our problems, Yogi trusted his assistant who saw him play.

Let's not kid ourselves, when announced, followed by the stats and YouTube footage we were all excited.

The player Yogi really wanted but RP refused to pursue was Sergio Greene

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serginho_Greene

Yogi called the agent to see how talks were, to be told RP hadn't even called to enquire. Greene's demands certainly were not without our realms.

A lack of RP follow up calls dogged Yogis tenure by all accounts.

All true!!

marinello59
12-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Not that yogi shouldnt harbour some blame, it was Brian Rice who identified EDG as the man to solve our problems, Yogi trusted his assistant who saw him play.

Let's not kid ourselves, when announced, followed by the stats and YouTube footage we were all excited.

Yogi called the agent to see how talks were, to be told RP hadn't even called to enquire. Greene's demands certainly were not without our realms.

All true!!

How do you know any of this?

ronaldo7
12-07-2011, 10:09 AM

All true!!

Seems odd to be looking at a defensive midfielder/Right back, to then switch to a "Box to Box", Midfielder.:confused:

IWasThere2016
12-07-2011, 10:24 AM

I agree .. Not nearly good enough.

hibsboy90
12-07-2011, 10:47 AM
How do you know any of this?

I'd rather not say im afraid, I know that no-one on here is forthcoming with the source, but I have never come on here with rumours before.

Seems odd to be looking at a defensive midfielder/Right back, to then switch to a "Box to Box", Midfielder.:confused:
The right back position was identified by Yogi as an issue when he came in, he failed to get Barr (offered less than he was on at Falkirk), whilst Greene was identified and sounded out to solve RB, CH and DM roles as he was very flexible.

Here's another one, When Fletch was sold to Burnley, RP told the manager two days after the deal had been completed as he was on holiday. But the news was broken to the hibs boss by Owen Coyle to let him know, two days before RP passed on the message.

Beefster
12-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Here's another one, When Fletch was sold to Burnley, RP told the manager two days after the deal had been completed as he was on holiday. But the news was broken to the hibs boss by Owen Coyle to let him know, two days before RP passed on the message.

In that case, Hughes should have been on the phone to Rodders to create merry hell, rather than sit like a mute for two days.