PDA

View Full Version : quick question regarding stacky.

hibee92
11-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Just a quick one, admins feel free to delete this after there's an answer.

Stacky played against Berwick which i was there and there's been a few comments commenting on his fitness.

Has he had another injury?

H92.

delbert
11-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Have to say that as soon as Stack blocked the shot with his feet and bent backwards, I turned to the guy I was with and said I thought he had injured his back again, when he stood up, he was stretching off. My mate disagreed but 2 minutes later he was off and I definitely did'nt feel he was running freely. I'm am hoping I am completely wrong, but that was my first thoughts when he made the block, and I was unsurprised to see that he did'nt play at Livingston, and more than a little concerned when he was'nt in the team again at Bayview, because if he is our number one, after the long layoff he has had, he should be between the sticks every game if he is fit, with the season opener only a couple of weeks away. I'm just surprised nobody in the media has picked up on this and at least asked the question.

mon the cabbage
11-07-2011, 08:51 AM
No he is fine. My dad was speaking to him after the East Fife game and he said the fitness was good and his back was fine.

mickki40
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I watched him being put through his paces at East Fife on their training ground. Was looking like a leaping salmon. Did'nt seem stressed or injured. looked good imo

IWasThere2016
11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
I watched him being put through his paces at East Fife on their training ground. Was looking like a leaping salmon. Did'nt seem stressed or injured. looked good imo

Spoke to him after his session with Thomo. He is fit, and should play this weekend.

R'Albin
11-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Spoke to him after his session with Thomo. He is fit, and should play this weekend.

Good news :thumbsup: Stacky is easily the best keeper in our squad and its no coincidence that he played in every game of our winning streak. Also am I right in saying we won every game last season when he was inbetween the sticks?

mim
11-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Good news :thumbsup: Stacky is easily the best keeper in our squad and its no coincidence that he played in every game of our winning streak. Also am I right in saying we won every game last season when he was inbetween the sticks?

Aye, apart from the ones we lost or drew. :wink:

hibee92
11-07-2011, 04:28 PM
good news! :thumbsup: stackys our best IMO but i'm not worried by the thought of brown as a back up at all :agree: apart from maybe his kicking :greengrin

delbert
11-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Thats really good news, cos Graham Stack is the first quality goalkeeper we have had in a long time, if he stays fit this season I think we will be far tougher to beat.

hfc rd
11-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I really hope Stacky keeps himself fit because he is one of the GK we have had in a very long time. We did not lose a single league game with him in goals last season and when we needed him to make those important saves, he always did and was so reliable. I had huge amount of faith that even though our defence was terrible last season, we would not concede that many goals with him in between the sticks. He knew how to organise our defence and the defence had a lot of faith in this guy. That is why I really hoped we would offer Stacky a new deal just after last season because once fit, he is a tremendous GK and arguably one of the best we have had in a very long time.