hibs4eve
10-07-2011, 07:12 PM
what do you think about this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14099749.stm
THEN THIS
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7031135,00.html

Woody1985
10-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Should have stuck a release clause in his contract.

SRHibs
10-07-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm sure he'll get his move at some point this summer. You can't blame Spurs for rejecting the bid, considering it's only worth £5,000,000 more than they paid for him in the first place.

one day maybe...
10-07-2011, 07:53 PM
stick him in the reserves :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I look forward to the day when skys silly money runs dry who knows maybe with recent events this seemingly unlikely scenario isn't perhaps so far fetched - empires are not immortal

thebakerboy
10-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Good to see a club standing up and saying you signed the contract , so honour it. But feel that if it comes to it they will sell 'cause having somebody earning his type of money sitting in the stand is just not going to happen , NOT GOOD BUSINESS MY FRIEND.

J-C
10-07-2011, 09:02 PM
rumours are Man U are going to make a cash and 2 players offer for him, maybe Berbatov and Evans

CalgaryHibs
10-07-2011, 09:09 PM
stick him in the reserves :rolleyes:

Not much of a player this is the best option

Albion Hibs
10-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Sounds to me like if a reasonable offer came in they would discuss it. Agree with one of the posts above which notes there is only a five million difference in price, why sould they take that, perhaps they feel his value has increased by 50-100% given the experience he has gained with spurs and the player they helped him become, in any event I am sure he has cost them not far of five million in wages and bonuses etc.

He signed a contract snd was no doubt happy to take the higher wage that came with his extension, so perhaps he should quit his moaning and get on for working for the ones that pay his wages!

HibeePaj
11-07-2011, 08:34 AM
im sick of the sight of him.. weeks now iv been switchin on SSN in the morning and seeing this guys schneb.

Luka Modric, and phone hacking scandal. BORE.

im away to turkey for two weeks today though:thumbsup:

Green_one
11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Doubt he is going to Man United but much more probably Chelsea

This is all now standard fair with agents and the child like mentality of most players. Almost no club is immune to this sort of thing.

All these guys are doing deals behind their clubs backs. Fans also expect big signings And some clubs have money sloshing about.

Its all a very ugly game. I feel a little sorry for Spurs but they have been heavy spenders in the transfer market, picking up players in simlar circumstances. What goes around ......

Expecting Rain
11-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Regards Modric it isn`t a shock that he wants to go to Chelsea, there`s no loyalty to clubs and supporters only loyalty to money. Would `Arry turn down Man United if they came calling?

Winston Ingram
11-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I look forward to the day when skys silly money runs dry who knows maybe with recent events this seemingly unlikely scenario isn't perhaps so far fetched - empires are not immortal

Thing is it's not Sky's money that would pay for it, it's Abramovich.

Chelsea announced a loss of £70m the day they spent £72m on Torres & Luiz. They lost nearly £70m again the year before and at the same time Roman 'capitalised' a debt of £340m. That's nearly £520m debt after Sky have paid their money.

City are doing the same and cranking up wages to a grossly unsustainable level