PDA

View Full Version : Yams Craig Thomson to be punted after all

leither17
10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110710/craig-thomson_2241384_2389813

wont play for hearts again

KeithTheHibby
10-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Spectacular u-turn however the cynic in me suggests that they are emptying him against their will...

Sean1875
10-07-2011, 04:08 PM
right thing to do but too far too long, if it wasnt for the media pressure he would remain a Hearts player for the forseeable future, horrible club, everyone has seen them for what they really are.

HibbyAndy
10-07-2011, 04:11 PM
right thing to do but too far too long, if it wasnt for the media pressure he would remain a Hearts player for the forseeable future, horrible club, everyone has seen them for what they really are.

Spot on.

Nando™
10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Too late, the club is rotten.

LeithBoozy
10-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Also the pressure from their sponsors, its been reported that even dick wonga turpin were getting ready to walk. Vlad has again shown himself as a classless Individual, who's only concern was how much will it cost him. :rolleyes:

SRHibs
10-07-2011, 04:23 PM
TBF, I don't think the club can shoulder all of the blame. It was Romanov's decision after all, and with him having a gun to the club's head and everything, they can't really revolt too much or they run the risk of upsetting him - maybe enough for him to decide that he's done with Hearts.

HibeePaj
10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
alas! The Mafia have got their way! :aok:

Nando™
10-07-2011, 04:29 PM
TBF, I don't think the club can shoulder all of the blame. It was Romanov's decision after all, and with him having a gun to the club's head and everything, they can't really revolt too much or they run the risk of upsetting him - maybe enough for him to decide that he's done with Hearts.
Romanov is the club, and the club has to shoulder every last drop of blame. They didn't have to keep him, but they were so money-hungry that they were happy to keep this beast and they deserve all the mockery and loss of respect that comes to them.

Wotherspiniesta
10-07-2011, 04:32 PM
He should sue Hearts for unlawful dismissal :agree:

down-the-slope
10-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Try reading the details folks.....as so often the Devil really is in it..not so sure its 'emptying' etc...

the owner has now issued a statement on the Edinburgh club's website, saying: "Craig Thomson will leave Heart of Midlothian Football Club imminently.
"The club has considered all implications surrounding the issue and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days

no info but that could just as easily be 'get your agent to find you a club that is willing to pay X and your out of here for a new start'

Its cerainly not...'contract terminated'

SRHibs
10-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Romanov is the club, and the club has to shoulder every last drop of blame. They didn't have to keep him, but they were so money-hungry that they were happy to keep this beast and they deserve all the mockery and loss of respect that comes to them.

If it's Romanov's choice, what can 'they' do though, exactly? A genuine question. Maybe they could attempt to persuade him, but would he not have the final say?

Try reading the details folks...not so sure its 'emptying' etc...

the owner has now issued a statement on the Edinburgh club's website, saying: "Craig Thomson will leave Heart of Midlothian Football Club imminently.
"The club has considered all implications surrounding the issue and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days

Well, he's already been dealt with through the club's internal disciplinary procedures, so I'd imagine they're going to have to come to some sort of mutual agreement with CT himself.

Kojock
10-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Try reading the details folks...not so sure its 'emptying' etc...

no info but that could just as easily be 'get your agent to find you a club that is willing to pay X and your out of here for a new start'

I was speaking to a Jambo a week ago and he was saying that CT is to be punted to Kaunus.

The statements Thomson will not play for the Scottish Premier League club again. and The club has considered all implications surrounding the issue and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days suggests to me that the Kaunas story could come to fruition.

Nando™
10-07-2011, 04:38 PM
If it's Romanov's choice, what can 'they' do though, exactly? A genuine question. Maybe they could attempt to persuade him, but would he not have the final say?

Well, he's already been dealt with through the club's internal disciplinary procedures, so I'd imagine they're going to have to come to some sort of mutual agreement with CT himself.
'They' meaning the fans? Nothing really, they are not the club.

Beefster
10-07-2011, 04:39 PM

I would wager that Hearts and Thomson agree a sum for the remainder of his contract. It will not be dismissal.

Or being faxed to Kaunas is feasible too.

Greentinted
10-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Try reading the details folks.....as so often the Devil really is in it..not so sure its 'emptying' etc...

:agree: 'imminently' has the suggestion of ambiguity about it rather than the emphatic 'immediatly'. And the only thing that is 'imminent' (according to the wording of the statement) is the search for a 'solution'.
Another duplicitous statement from the tawdry little infestation guising as a football club.
Thomson is still nowhere near being dismissed as he should have been. Not good enough yams, do try harder to locate your moral compass.

Part/Time Supporter
10-07-2011, 04:44 PM

That could be an interesting point. How have the facts of the case substantially changed since their initial decision?

SRHibs
10-07-2011, 04:44 PM
'They' meaning the fans? Nothing really, they are not the club.

Not necessarily just the fans. All the other staff that are involved with the club is who I really mean. They may have a say in the decision, but is Romanov's word final? A bit unfair to implicate everyone involved with the club when it's really just one mad man's decision that's caused this.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really give a **** what the public's opinion of Hearts is. Was just adding my tuppence.

Kojock
10-07-2011, 04:45 PM

They dont have to come to any agreement with him, they can, and should have sacked him as soon as he pleaded guilty.

He has brought the club into disrepute and could be sacked without any comeback.

givescotlandfreedom
10-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Moral hero Jim Jefffries must be up in arms about this. After all, he was one of the two who found the mitigating evidence preventing him from being sacked the first time.

SRHibs
10-07-2011, 04:49 PM
They dont have to come to any agreement with him, they can, and should have sacked him as soon as he pleaded guilty.

He has brought the club into disrepute and could be sacked without any comeback.

Are you sure about that?

I know that he could've been dismissed initially as a result of his offence. But after he's already been disciplined, I doubt they'd be able to backtrack on their initial punishment (whatever that may have been).

Wotherspiniesta
10-07-2011, 04:51 PM
That could be an interesting point. How have the facts of the case substantially changed since their initial decision?

Apart from other girls coming forward, selling their stories to the papers, nothing has changed at all.

A sports lawyer was on SSN days after Hearts decision to stick by him saying it could be hard for Hearts to sack him.

Stupid that it's come to a situation where Thomson could sue Hearts, but that's what they get for dancing with the devil.

ALF TUPPER
10-07-2011, 04:52 PM
:taxi

The correct decision ........finally!! . However, I anticipate yet another Courtroom drama as he claims unfair dismissal. Should be interesting given that his former employers publicly backed him etc/....

:hmmm:

Anyhoo........... G G T T H !!

Kojock
10-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Are you sure about that?

I know that he could've been dismissed initially as a result of his offence. But after he's already been disciplined, I doubt they'd be able to backtrack on their initial punishment (whatever that may have been).

You could be right there, I didnt realise he had been disciplined by Hearts, if thats the case they could be on a 'sticky wicket' if the sack him, Hearts have made a monumental 'cock up' with this.

Makes me think even more that he will be punted to Kaunas

Mikeystewart
10-07-2011, 04:59 PM
on a lighter note are we not in desperate need of a right back? :taxi :stirrer: :panic:

Gettin' Auld
10-07-2011, 04:59 PM

:agree:

I'd imagine that any contract will have a way for the club to terminate the agreement if the player is guilty of "Gross Misconduct"...........You don't get any more "gross" than the offences he admitted in court!!

HibeesLA
10-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Also the pressure from their sponsors, its been reported that even dick wonga turpin were getting ready to walk. Vlad has again shown himself as a classless Individual, who's only concern was how much will it cost him. :rolleyes:

"Thomson", "Wonga", and "Pull Out" seem to be very fitting in this case.

Seveno
10-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Moral hero Jim Jefffries must be up in arms about this. After all, he was one of the two who found the mitigating evidence preventing him from being sacked the first time.

Totally unfair on FJK. He was busy shopping at the time.

one day maybe...
10-07-2011, 05:19 PM
:agree:

I'd imagine that any contract will have a way for the club to terminate the agreement if the player is guilty of "Gross Misconduct"...........You don't get any more "gross" than the offences he admitted in court!!

Not quite so straight forward as most people think, there are employment laws that protect even offenders.

In Bradshaw v Rugby Portland Cement Co Ltd 1972 the employee in question had been convicted on an isolated act of incest with his daughter and was summarily dismissed. However, the court held that summary dismissal was not justified as it had nothing to do with the applicant’s work, his work did not bring him into contact with female staff, he was working with a gang of men, it did not, apparently, upset his relationship with his workmates in any way, it did not expose anyone to a moral danger fromhis presence at the work.

Now I am not a lawyer far from it, but have covered employment law recently during my business management HND year. So not everything is always as straight forward as we would always like it to be or should be.

The Falcon
10-07-2011, 05:21 PM

I have no doubt it would be covered by "gross misconduct" but the stark reality is they didnt do it at the time so would have difficulty implementing it now. They cany say that because other people have come forward as there is no proof that the accounts printed are correct, although I have no doubt they are true, at the moment they are "gossip and hearsay" until proven otherwise.

But they are not dismissing him are they? They have only said he will never play for Hearts again which is a constructive dismisal if ever I saw one.

I am sure he will eventually disappear with a golden handshake.

3pm
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
He can't just up sticks and vanish! I assume!

Nando™
10-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Not necessarily just the fans. All the other staff that are involved with the club is who I really mean. They may have a say in the decision, but is Romanov's word final? A bit unfair to implicate everyone involved with the club when it's really just one mad man's decision that's caused this.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really give a **** what the public's opinion of Hearts is. Was just adding my tuppence.
I think it's been proven over time that Romanov's decision is indeed final and any decision he makes will impact on the reputation of the club.

When I say 'they', I don't mean the TO staff, caterers or even the players, I mean 'the club'. Even though it may just be one man's actions, he is still responsible for the circus. I'm not having a go at any other specific individuals.

Onceinawhile
10-07-2011, 05:38 PM
This is akin to closing the stable door long after the horse has bolted.

healfyhibee
10-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I hope they dismiss him and they he sues for £1 Million and then gets the jail and the money goes to helping young victims of abuse get over their ordeal.

This won't happen though Hertz will sell him and probably make a profit on an obviously disgusting wee ****mer.

I suppose it could happen to any club but always happens to HXXrts.

wee need a mafia yamicon on here!

Malthibby
10-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Faxed to Kaunas is not unlikely - Mad Vlad hates 'giving in' to the Mafia & its friends.

healfyhibee
10-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I think it's been proven over time that Romanov's decision is indeed final and any decision he makes will impact on the reputation of the club.

When I say 'they', I don't mean the TO staff, caterers or even the players, I mean 'the club'. Even though it may just be one man's actions, he is still responsible for the circus. I'm not having a go at any other specific individuals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14100154.stm

I don't know what he is on about here but if he is in charge this might take a while. He seems to be saying that it should be social networking in general that take the blame for this! :dunno:

Kato
10-07-2011, 06:06 PM
He seems to be saying that it should be social networking in general that take the blame for this! :dunno:

I suppose schools and playgroups should take the blame for incidents that take place on their premises.

God forbid Thomson or any other sicko take the blame for their actions.:rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
10-07-2011, 06:06 PM

100% spot on.

I hope every single Hearts fan reads this. Your "club's" name is mud.

healfyhibee
10-07-2011, 06:11 PM
100% spot on.

I hope every single Hearts fan reads this. Your "club's" name is mud.

:aok::brokenyam:

sh00byd00
10-07-2011, 06:34 PM
One thing i agree 100% with Romanov about is the part where he says the use of social networking sites by children need to be addressed. Too many people let their children on the net with little or no supervision, then act shocked when their kids run into problems with undesirables.

Whilst i realise these girls were older, there are morons out there that think nothing of letting their 10 years etc frequent the likes of Facebook, online forums, chatrooms, Bebo etc.

grunt
10-07-2011, 06:48 PM
One thing i agree 100% with Romanov about is the part where he says the use of social networking sites by children need to be addressed. Too many people let their children on the net with little or no supervision, then act shocked when their kids run into problems with undesirables.

Whilst i realise these girls were older, there are morons out there that think nothing of letting their 10 years etc frequent the likes of Facebook, online forums, chatrooms, Bebo etc.I think you're missing the point in the same way that Vlad is missing the point. He's doing it to deflect attention away from Hearts' complicity in keeping Thomson employed - I'm not sure of your intention.

The problem is not with the medium - the problem is with the person perpetrating the crime.

hailhail22
10-07-2011, 06:53 PM
that club make me cringe so much..............thats all i need to say about them.

sh00byd00
10-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I think you're missing the point in the same way that Vlad is missing the point. He's doing it to deflect attention away from Hearts' complicity in keeping Thomson employed - I'm not sure of your intention.

The problem is not with the medium - the problem is with the person perpetrating the crime.

I fully understand the problem lies with the person perpetrating the crime, but looking at the world around us in a realistic manner, there's people out there that will, can and want to hurt children, so armed with what we know, in the world that we live in, parents need to take responsibility when their child is using a machine that allows the child to communicate with others in a non controlled environment.

Alternatively, we can just bury our heads in the sand and point fingers when things go tits up. After all, that's what parents do best.

marinello59
10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I fully understand the problem lies with the person perpetrating the crime, but looking at the world around us in a realistic manner, there's people out there that will, can and want to hurt children, so armed with what we know, in the world that we live in, parents need to take responsibility when their child is using a machine that allows the child to communicate with others in a non controlled environment.

Alternatively, we can just bury our heads in the sand and point fingers when things go tits up. After all, that's what parents do best.
:rolleyes:

johnrebus
10-07-2011, 07:05 PM

Is that speaking from personal experience, or a sweeping generalisation?

:confused:

sh00byd00
10-07-2011, 07:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Good comeback. Totally disproves the point I'm trying to make. Do you think no responsibility lies with the parents whatsoever? It's like shoving a kid in a room with a few strange dogs, knowing dogs can potentially harm kids, then blaming a dog for your own stupidity when one decides to attack the kid.

--------
10-07-2011, 07:10 PM

So since there are people "out there" who want to inflict violent rape on women, women should all stay indoors because if they go out and then are raped, it's partly their fault? :rolleyes:

If I understand the case correctly, Thomson had known one of the girls since she was 6 years old. She's now in her teens. The creep had been grooming her.

And do you really think a 12-year-old can't keep secrets from even the most responsible parents?

A book to read....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Katie-com-One-Girls-Loss-Innocence/dp/0752842986/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310324970&sr=1-1

marinello59
10-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Good comeback. Totally disproves the point I'm trying to make. Do you think no responsibility lies with the parents whatsoever? It's like shoving a kid in a room with a few strange dogs, knowing dogs can potentially harm kids, then blaming a dog for your own stupidity when one decides to attack the kid.

Point? I thought you were giving a good parenting lecture.

sh00byd00
10-07-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm not trying to lecture anyone. I just hold the opinion children should be somewhat supervised whilst using the net.

marinello59
10-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm not trying to lecture anyone. I just hold the opinion children should be somewhat supervised whilst using the net.

And your remark that ''after all, that's what parents do best.''?

bruno
10-07-2011, 07:26 PM

I for one am glad that he has finally agreed to "release" Thomson.

I like the idea he made CT face him directly and explain his actions. CT has (to the public) hidden from his responsibilities so facing his chairman knowing he was being told his career with the club was over would not have been easy.

Romanov is incredibly difficult to fathom out but on this occassion (from the briefest of statements) he may appear to be dealing with this in a considerate way.

Speaking directly to CT and his famly he may have given them time to explain all that surrounds his despicble crime and instead of throwing the lad on a scrapheap he has agreed to help him find another club.

This sympathetic act to an employee who has served him well for 5 or 6 years or however long he has been at the club may show a compassionate side to the man.
Before I am shot down yes, yes compassion and help in much greater degree should be given to the victims but he will not have control over that.

I still strogly disagree with the way this was handled and said at the time he should hae been immediately sacked but I am trying to understand why this has panned out the way it as

Alternatively, and more likely. he was crapping himself at Wonga and others pulling the plug on sponsorship:wink:

One thing for sure he will not have cared a jot what anyone else thought as he is from the Russian egomaniac style of business, whereby the boss is always right, and don't ever question his methods or decisions

sh00byd00
10-07-2011, 07:36 PM
And your remark that ''after all, that's what parents do best.''?

That people nowadays point the finger at others whilst failing to realise that they themselves shoulder some of the responsibility for the child's safety.

Beefster
10-07-2011, 07:43 PM
That people nowadays point the finger at others whilst failing to realise that they themselves shoulder some of the responsibility for the child's safety.

You presumably think that 12 year old kids shouldn't be allowed outside on their own? Children's safety is a balancing act - it's not a straightforward case of 'let them do everything they want without supervision' or 'watch everything they do'. Unless you want to raise someone who is socially and emotionally ******ed and whom you can't trust.

Baader
10-07-2011, 08:11 PM
A PR disaster for the club who have been shown up in the light they deserve. Rotten to the core.

With regards Kaunas, as a convicted sex-offender on a register can he live overseas? Surely there are conditions he must fulfill here? If not nothing those running that club do would surprise me...

sh00byd00
10-07-2011, 08:17 PM
You presumably think that 12 year old kids shouldn't be allowed outside on their own? Children's safety is a balancing act - it's not a straightforward case of 'let them do everything they want without supervision' or 'watch everything they do'. Unless you want to raise someone who is socially and emotionally ******ed and whom you can't trust.

I never once insinuated that a 12 year old shouldn't be allowed out, nor have insinuated kids should be watched 24 hours-a-day. You've based your entire reply around something i never said, so if you're going to knock my opinion, then by all means do so, but don't insist I've written something when i haven't.

Removed
10-07-2011, 08:20 PM

100% true. Very difficult being a parent. I let my 12 and ten year old boys out to practice their golf swings today on holiday and ended up spending nearly 6 hours in Truro A&E with one of them having a suspected depressed fracture of the cheek and bleeding in his ear.

Yes it could have been much worse but they need to learn and I can't be there to watch them 24/7. Doesn't mean I don't care though.

Massive lesson for them both today. Do I feel guilty, you better believe it, but I'm sure that every parent on here will have similar stories to tell.

Jonnyboy
10-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Was interesting to hear that Jambo fud and erstwhile Romanov lackey Charlie Mann saying 'right decision, poor timing' on the STV news. Of course had he still been surgically attached by his tongue to Vlad's erse his take on things will have been a tad different

Kato
10-07-2011, 08:45 PM

Hope your next sh*t is a porcupine - backwards.

(As a parent I take full responsibility for the previous sentence.)

son of haggart
10-07-2011, 08:58 PM
100% true. Very difficult being a parent. I let my 12 and ten year old boys out to practice their golf swings today on holiday and ended up spending nearly 6 hours in Truro A&E with one of them having a suspected depressed fracture of the cheek and bleeding in his ear.

Yes it could have been much worse but they need to learn and I can't be there to watch them 24/7. Doesn't mean I don't care though.

Massive lesson for them both today. Do I feel guilty, you better believe it, but I'm sure that every parent on here will have similar stories to tell.

absolutely mate - let my 10 year old go down tot he local shops on his own last week

timed him at 12 minutes 37 secs but it seemed like hours and I had the phone in my hand when he got back...

CraigHibee
10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Too late, the club is rotten.

and have been since 1874! :flag:

Albion Hibs
10-07-2011, 10:50 PM
From the OP it does not sound like he is being released, more like perhaps being let out of his hertz contract to go to a lined up club were they will no doubt have a big sell on, get some money or a player in return. Alas they are looking to achieve their overall aim and get something for him, they have no doubt been working on a move for sometime.

At the end of the day the club had been exposed for the type of organisation that it is, as has there mouth piece of a fans spokesperson and there gutless fans, who seemed happy to ignore and let time heal the wounds. Rancid, from top bottom.

Beefster
11-07-2011, 06:57 AM

I never once insinuated that a 12 year old shouldn't be allowed out, nor have insinuated kids should be watched 24 hours-a-day. You've based your entire reply around something i never said, so if you're going to knock my opinion, then by all means do so, but don't insist I've written something when i haven't.

So they shouldn't/can't be supervised at all times when using the net? In that case, my humble apologies for not understanding that from your original post.

Dibben
11-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Looks like Vlad has arranged CT a fresh start in Eastern Europe...

ronaldo7
11-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Will the mitigating circumstances be going with him to Kaunas.

Fat Jim Knew and David Southern will hide them away into the dark corridors of Tiny.

Sudds_1
11-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Alternatively, and more likely. he was crapping himself at Wonga and others pulling the plug on sponsorship

Nail head hit hammer..................:agree:

IWasThere2016
11-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Leper (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3687804/Jeff-Thomson-is-finished-in-the-UK.html)

Hearts sack the perv (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3687821/Hearts-sack-perv-Thomson.html)

Nice headlines fae the Sun

macca70
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Still nothing clear cut stating he will be sacked.

Sounds to me like he is being sent to Kaunas, which probably means he remains on Hearts books.

The insider added: "The details of his departure have not been ironed out.
"He still has two years of his contract to run. Nothing's finalised yet."

RoxburghHibs
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I think you're missing the point in the same way that Vlad is missing the point. He's doing it to deflect attention away from Hearts' complicity in keeping Thomson employed - I'm not sure of your intention.

Spot on!

The focus must be on the criminal not the weapon.

The reality is that the internet/social websites (like this one) will not go away. To put the blame anywhere other than Craig Thompson is outragous and in a word wrong (hang your head in shame Sh00byd00).

Also to put some of the blame on the victums parents is shocking. I have two young daughters and whilst I will educate them on the perils off the internet I will not bury their heads in the sand/hide them from the real world.

YehButNoBut
12-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Looks like Thomson could end up at either FBK Kaunas or MTZ-Ripo according to the Scotsman today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hearts have been urged to clarify the future of convicted sex offender Craig Thomson amid speculation the player may be loaned to another club connected to owner Vladimir Romanov.
The club was also criticised by First Minister Alex Salmond over the handling of the scandal. Hearts confirmed on Sunday that Thomson, who last month pleaded guilty to lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour, would be leaving the club "imminently", adding they would "find a solution" in the coming days.

There is speculation that Thomson will be found a role at either Lithuanian team FBK Kaunas or MTZ-Ripo in Belarus after the statement stopped short of explaining under what terms the 20-year-old would leave.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-face-criticism-from-Alex.6799941.jp

EskbankHibby
12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Looks like Thomson could end up at either FBK Kaunas or MTZ-Ripo according to the Scotsman today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hearts have been urged to clarify the future of convicted sex offender Craig Thomson amid speculation the player may be loaned to another club connected to owner Vladimir Romanov.
The club was also criticised by First Minister Alex Salmond over the handling of the scandal. Hearts confirmed on Sunday that Thomson, who last month pleaded guilty to lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour, would be leaving the club "imminently", adding they would "find a solution" in the coming days.

There is speculation that Thomson will be found a role at either Lithuanian team FBK Kaunas or MTZ-Ripo in Belarus after the statement stopped short of explaining under what terms the 20-year-old would leave.

If he goes on loan surely that would mean he is still a Hearts player:dunno:.

If he goes to another club within Romanov's 'empire' surely that would mean that he is still employed by the Hearts owner:dunno:

Removed
12-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Smoke and mirrors. Vlad has more faces than a town hall clock.

StevieC
12-07-2011, 09:20 AM
If he goes on loan surely that would mean he is still a Hearts player:dunno:.

If he goes to another club within Romanov's 'empire' surely that would mean that he is still employed by the Hearts owner:dunno:

Exactly.
He is neither getting sacked nor leaving the club if a move to Kaunas/Ripo is sanctioned. It's more a case of hiding the player while it all blows over, with the priority being that of developing and cashing in rather than sending out a clear message over his actions.

And given my experiences of the vulnerability of children in countries such as this, it beggars belief that Hearts are actually going to fund it!

lapsedhibee
12-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Leper (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3687804/Jeff-Thomson-is-finished-in-the-UK.html)

Hearts sack the perv (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3687821/Hearts-sack-perv-Thomson.html)

Nice headlines fae the Sun

"Leper":

JIM JEFFERIES has warned axed Craig Thomson he'll have to flee the country if he wants to stay in football.
The Hearts boss backed Vladmir Romanov's decision to sack the sex-shame defender.

Jefferies believes Thomson will be treated like a leper. He said: "It has made it impossible for him to continue in this country.

"All the signs are he wants to stay in football, but it will have to be done elsewhere."

Hearts owner Romanov initially stood by Thomson when he was placed on the sex offenders' register for sending messsages to under-age girls.

But further revelations that Thomson had targeted more youngsters meant there was no way back for him at Tynecastle.

SunSport revealed a fortnight ago it was unlikely Thomson would play for the Jambos again, and Romanov finally axed him yesterday.

Yet the controversial Hearts owner may still see a financial value in the right back and could try to sign him for one of the other clubs he controls, like Lithuanian outfit FBK Kaunas.

Jambos boss Jefferies added: "After the extra allegations there was only really going to be one outcome.

"The boy has paid for being very silly, but he's brought this on himself. It will be a hard lesson for him and now he'll have to resurrect his career elsewhere. People don't make these stories up. It's obvious it did happen so there was no way back for him."

Thomson, 20, had become a regular in the Hearts team and broken into the Scotland Under-21 squad.

Jefferies said: "For anyone who knew him around the club, you'd have been very unaware of anything like this.

"He came across as a decent lad and was very professional on the football side of things.

"But things happen away from the club you don't have any control over. He'll just have to look to try and rebuild something somewhere.

"Everyone at Hearts was asked about their feelings, but everything had to go to Mr Romanov to make the decision.

"He was away on business for a couple of weeks so I don't know if that was why the decision was held up. But now it's been made.

"It's been a distraction we all could have done without.

"We were away from home at the training camp in Italy, but we were being made aware of things every day.

"Now hopefully we can put this behind us and move on and just concentrate on preparing for the season ahead."

What a load of pathetic mealy mouthed drivel from FJK. Aye, :Romanov: was away on business for a couple of weeks, that was the reason for everything that's gone wrong for HOMFC recently.

FJK = :jamboclow

EskbankHibby
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
"Leper":

Yet the controversial Hearts owner may still see a financial value in the right back and could try to sign him for one of the other clubs he controls, like Lithuanian outfit FBK Kaunas.

"He was away on business for a couple of weeks so I don't know if that was why the decision was held up. But now it's been made.

"It's been a distraction we all could have done without.

What a load of pathetic mealy mouthed drivel from FJK. Aye, :Romanov: was away on business for a couple of weeks, that was the reason for everything that's gone wrong for HOMFC recently.

FJK = :jamboclow

Dark side of the moon apparently, no internet access or phone reception, even the fabled fax wisnae working ffs.

lapsedhibee
12-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Dark side of the moon apparently, no internet access or phone reception, even the fabled fax wisnae working ffs.

And I don't know why The Sun is showing a picture of FJK upright next to a story about :Romanov: and the workings of HOMFC. Shouldn't he be pictured bending right over? Possibly a question of tabloid layout, or available column inches.

YehButNoBut
12-07-2011, 11:06 AM

Looks like the Scotsman has now changed it's mind and he will not be going to Kaunus or Ripo now, not clear what is happening. :dunno:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig THOMSON is unlikely to continue his footballing career in Lithuania or Belarus after leaving Hearts, the Evening News can reveal.

Suggestions of a loan move to FBK Kaunas or FC Partizan Minsk have arisen following Hearts' statement on Sunday that Thomson would be exiting Tynecastle. Both clubs are financed by Vladimir Romanov's Ukio Bankas Investment Group but are not expected to offer Thomson a lifeline. The Tynecastle hierarchy have been advised to clarify the issue after admitting in the statement that he would be leaving Hearts.

They have not stated the terms of his departure and senior officials today refused to comment publicly on the matter.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Kaunas-no-go-for-disgraced.6800102.jp

Geo_1875
12-07-2011, 11:21 AM

And if the dog bites it's put down!!!

Anyway, you can't put kids in a bubble. You just expect people to be decent and punish them when they offend.