PDA

View Full Version : Celtic interested in Plukey

Iggy Pope
10-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Lennon credited with an interest in Craig Gordon, (World's No 1 No 1) according to SSN.
Step backwards for his career I think, but would add a welcome twist to next season's 'games of hate'......

frazeHFC
10-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Hate Celtic anyway so much that this would change nothing.

Definately a step back for him. Can't see it happening as both Arsenal and Man City are reportedly after him.

Don Giovanni
10-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Apparently Gordon has 1 year remaining on his contract so Sunderland will probably look to sell in order to recoup at least some of the hefty transfer fee paid for him.

They could offer him a new deal I suppose but with CG injury record & the emergence of Minguley (?sp.) I think they would be happy to get some money back in.

Could see him at Arsenal, actually. Half a season each with the Polish lad(Scecezny?)...?

R'Albin
10-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Once again lennon just claiming he's going to sign a 'big name' when really they would never come to the spl, so he ends up just signing some average league 1 player.

Dunbar Hibee
10-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Once again lennon just claiming he's going to sign a 'big name' when really they would never come to the spl, so he ends up just signing some average league 1 player.

When has he done this?

Judas Iscariot
10-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Yep like Kayal & Izaguirre :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
10-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Yep like Kayal & Izaguirre :rolleyes:

Would never have called them big names.

Lennon has done this with Defoe and Campbell before so i agree with R_albin.

hailhail22
10-07-2011, 06:26 PM

TBH hes been asked a question and has answered sayin CG would be the kind of keeper he is looking for but openly says wages ect could be a problem so i dont think he is "claiming" he is signing him.

R'Albin
10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
TBH hes been asked a question and has answered sayin CG would be the kind of keeper he is looking for but openly says wages ect could be a problem so i dont think he is "claiming" he is signing him.

Never realised this, Ive not seen the interview I was just going by what the op said..

Iggy Pope
10-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Never realised this, Ive not seen the interview I was just going by what the op said..

I never heard an interview. I Read on the 'SPL' banner at the bottom of the screen that Lennon had 'admitted' an interest. He hadn't claimed he was going to sign him.
My OP makes no reference to an interview or whether I though his interest was serious or not, just that if if it results in hacking off any of the PBS inmates, I hope he gets him.

hibee92
11-07-2011, 03:01 AM
massive step back. yes there was a time where celtc were a bigger club than sunderland and although that still may be the case in terms of support, sunderland are a better career move for most.

Aldo
11-07-2011, 07:36 AM
CG on his game is one of the top keepers in Britain and is more than capable of playing for the likes of Arsenal/Man City.

Been unlucky with injuries TBH.