PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back The Colour and Noise - The 1000 Pound Challenge

Thomson1875
10-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Hello fellow hibees :thumbsup:

I mentioned about raising funds for displays such as making flags, streamer displays, banners and so on. We now have a projector for getting whatever image onto the fabrics. A case of chalking on and painting.

Currently we are looking at halls to rent for a half day so that a group of 10 or so can go to work on the flags. (If interested in helping out with it drop me a pm)

We also hope to bring in a large amount of green and white hand waving flags for the big games at Easter Road.

I will be taking over the 12th man paypal account within the next 2-3weeks, But due to going on holiday later on today we do not have the time to change passwords and so on. So will be taking any generous donations through my second paypal account in which i used for the 'Turnbull Flag'

So the challenge is to raise 1000 pound, but we want to donate 25% of the 1000 pound to the dnipro appeal, so really we are aiming for 1250. A percentage of every one pound will be on its way to a great cause.

Paypal account for donations is - derry1875@yahoo.co.uk will update when to start sending to the hibs12thman account.

A side not - Any flag ideas you have, such as if you want a le god flag, joe baker, smith, johnstone, reilly, and so on flag just email the address above and i will get back to you.

Im off on holiday for 2 weeks but if i have a spare moment i will try and update.

Bring Back The Colour and noise
cheers

mickki40
10-07-2011, 12:46 PM
£10.00 from me derry. And just as an update for other hibbys... we have now purchased 100 flags 5x3 for the opening game of the season

HibbyDave
10-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Good luck with this venture!!!!!

GGTTH

wearethehibs
11-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Ill donate a couple of quid :) looking forward to there being more colour next season.

RIP
11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Derry - how did ye get oan phoning that list of halls I posted up? The studios behing the South looked interesting. Thought paint might be an issue for the churchie ones

HH81
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
I'll donate later when I have time.

Arch Stanton
11-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Good idea - I've stuck a tenner in.

As for the noise, I suppose I could bring my trombone along.

:greengrin

Keith_M
11-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Good idea - I've stuck a tenner in.

As for the noise, I suppose I could bring my trombone along.

:greengrin

I miss the thunderous noise of the old main stand so suggest we all eat beans before the first game of the season. :greengrin

Seriously, though, good luck with this. Donation to follow.

RIP
11-07-2011, 09:43 PM
We need a few quid for eyelets and guy ropes for our existing flag collection. This will greatly speed up our ability to get flags up before a game instead of clambering up on the rigging :-)

Red Cabbage
12-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Maybe the club would allow the flag work to be done on the concourse inside east on non match day?