PDA

View Full Version : Media Bamba " not for sale"

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-07-2011, 11:49 AM
French clubs on the trail of big Sol and an offer of 2 million has been turned down.

I'm sure Rodders will have a sell on clause?

:wink:

Dunbar Hibee
10-07-2011, 11:58 AM
French clubs on the trail of big Sol and an offer of 2 million has been turned down.

How much did we sell him for again?

iwasthere1972
10-07-2011, 12:04 PM
How much did we sell him for again?

It was an undisclosed fee but I read somewhere that it was about £200K. Dunfermline got a percentage of the transfer money as they had a sell on clause when he was sold to us.

BoltonHibee
10-07-2011, 12:08 PM

He has told players in the dressing room he is off to Marseille

jonty
10-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Whit!? bombscare bamba that wasn't hibs class? surely not. :rolleyes:

Had his fair share of dodgy moments but didnt dwell on them as much as we did.
Cracking start at Leicester and by most accounts a nice enough lad. :agree:

Shame we didnt get 2million for him.:greengrin

PETRIE :grr:

iwasthere1972
10-07-2011, 12:25 PM

2 million what?

Reading some posts on Leicester City messageboards the majority of fans either see him as being a bombscare or a squad player at best. Had a good start when he first signed for them but hasn't done enough to win them over. For £1 million some of them would drive him to France themselves. For one minute I thought I was still on Hibs.net.

HibbyAndy
10-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Scored oan his debut against Man city in the F.A cup and cost me over 2 hundred nicker :bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
10-07-2011, 12:32 PM
2 million what?

Reading some posts on Leicester City messageboards the majority of fans either see him as being a bombscare or a squad player at best. Had a good start when he first signed for them but hasn't done enough to win them over. For £1 million some of them would drive him to France themselves. For one minute I thought I was still on Hibs.net.

Sounds familiar

cam75
10-07-2011, 12:33 PM
2 million what?

My mate Dan is a a foxes fan and he says they love the big fella,was asking if we could send any more gems down.......

iwasthere1972
10-07-2011, 12:40 PM
My mate Dan is a a foxes fan and he says they love the big fella,was asking if we could send any more gems down.......

He obviously doesn't read the messageboards.

What does he think of Colin Calderwood as the Foxes fans aren't that keen on Sven either?

_hucks_
10-07-2011, 02:28 PM
I also have a leicester supporting mate who loves him and says the fans think highly of him. Anecdotal evidence, I know, but it doesn't fit with what you're saying

frazeHFC
10-07-2011, 03:53 PM
In his first few games the Leicester fans described him as a cult hero, and most of the fans had him as their avatar etc.

DH1875
10-07-2011, 03:59 PM
2 million what?

Really? I was under the impression they'd really took to him.

Posted this before but still get a wee tingle when they start the Sol, Sol Bamba :thumbsup:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1RtF6GN3s&feature=related

erin go bragh
10-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Really? I was under the impression they'd really took to him.

Posted this before but still get a wee tingle when they start the Sol, Sol Bamba :thumbsup:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1RtF6GN3s&feature=related
:agree: :top marks why did we not do that :brickwall
ggtth

hibee1994
10-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Might recieve some criticism for this one but i thought he was a pretty good defender for us on his day. On others he could be totally gash but i actually quite liked the boy and im not surprised clubs are in the hunt for him again.

3pm
10-07-2011, 05:33 PM
They've signed Matt Mills for £5m and Sean St Ledger who has been tipped for the EPL for ages now so he may struggle to be a 1st pick at CH.

I suppose it's possible!

iwasthere1972
10-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I also have a leicester supporting mate who loves him and says the fans think highly of him. Anecdotal evidence, I know, but it doesn't fit with what you're saying

Bamba or Sven?

The_Exile
10-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Best mate is a foxes ST holder, they love him down there, don't believe the ***** you read on internet messageboards, as with all of them it's only the minority of moaning barstewards who make the most noise.

Albion Hibs
10-07-2011, 10:34 PM
It was an undisclosed fee but I read somewhere that it was about £200K. Dunfermline got a percentage of the transfer money as they had a sell on clause when he was sold to us.

I thought dunfermlines sell on had expired so we got all of the money?

I am sure we will have a sell on, and if sol is still the same character he will show them the same disrespect and come back late from the summer break then take every chance to tout himself for a move.

zlatan
10-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Best Hibs centre back I've seen bar Sauzee :aok:

Albion Hibs
10-07-2011, 10:53 PM

Not for me, I would have had jones or caldwell to name a few of the later any day of the week.

iwasthere1972
10-07-2011, 11:32 PM
I thought dunfermlines sell on had expired so we got all of the money?

I am sure we will have a sell on, and if sol is still the same character he will show them the same disrespect and come back late from the summer break then take every chance to tout himself for a move.

Found this.

Hibs defender Sol Bamba has today signed for English Championship side Leicester City.
The Ivory Coast defender has signed for an undisclosed fee, thought to be around £300,000, which his former club Dunfermline are due 20% of, due to a sell-on clause.

Albion Hibs
11-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Found this.

Hibs defender Sol Bamba has today signed for English Championship side Leicester City.
The Ivory Coast defender has signed for an undisclosed fee, thought to be around £300,000, which his former club Dunfermline are due 20% of, due to a sell-on clause.

Fair dos, where is that from? Only reason I said about sell on was someone pretty high up in Dunfermline was chocking on something happening the window before ad after that the clause was expired.

Gala Foxes
11-07-2011, 04:46 AM
City have just spent £7m on 2 centre halves - Matt Mills from Reading and Sean St Ledger from Preston. Would see them as first choices in the central defensive positions. They have Neil Dans + Andy King in central midfield, starting to look like Sol is likely to at best be on the bench.

As has been said before its funny how these "clubs after £2m Bamba" seem to follow him around - he is never a £2m player

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Stoap it! :fibber: