Mikey
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Colin Calderwood, Sky Sports News.

R'Albin
09-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Good.

Mikey
09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
If anyone can get a copy of that interview and chuck it up here it would be good.

HibsMax
Did he actually say that? I assume he did, otherwise why would you post it? :) I looked online but didn't see anything, maybe a tad too early.

This is something Hibs fans have wanted to hear for a while now. But I fear it's too late for some.

Andy74
Oh joy.

SRHibs
Can be translated to: "Birmingham and Nottingham Forest were unable to afford the required compensatory sum."

:wink::aok:

Seriously though, good to hear. Time to move forward now.

Mikey
09-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Did he actually say that? I assume he did, otherwise why would you post it? :) I looked online but didn't see anything, maybe a tad too early.

This is something Hibs fans have wanted to hear for a while now. But I fear it's too late for some.

He did.

Although he also said something about being manager until he's either sacked or compensation is paid :greengrin

But he said it alright!

Mikey
09-07-2011, 04:59 PM
WILL BE translated to: "Birmingham and Nottingham Forest were unable to afford the required compensatory sum."

:wink::aok:

I've fixed that for you :greengrin

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 05:04 PM
He did.

Although he also said something about being manager until he's either sacked or compensation is paid :greengrin

But he said it alright!

OMG, I hope you're kidding about that last past. :dizzy:

forthhibby
09-07-2011, 05:04 PM
also said it was nice the speculation has died down, hibs a good place to be and is aware of the negativity with the fans over the situation

blackpoolhibs
09-07-2011, 05:07 PM
No mention of his family problems, a smokescreen perhaps?

frazeHFC
09-07-2011, 05:10 PM
He did say this, although he also said "whether i get sacked, or compensation is agreed," regarding his future, so that seems to indicate that he still wants to go if compensation is agreed.

For me it is too late and i feel he does want to leave, however if he was to commit his future by signing a new contract or openly telling Brum and Notts Forest to go away, then i would be more optimistic because in this uncertain times i can't see many players wanting to come.

Captain Trips
09-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Being sacked by and large is out of his hands, so compensation being reached is his choice for that route to go down as he is 100% in control of that. IMO he does not want to be the manager, that is no good to us. If he truly wants a crack of being Hibs manager then no need for compensation talk as that would be his choice to leave.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2011, 05:17 PM
CC took a bit of stick at half time as he came over the pitch, he seemed to be smiling and took the flak well....

Dibben
09-07-2011, 05:23 PM
CC took a bit of stick at half time as he came over the pitch, he seemed to be smiling and took the flak well....

:agree:

Although most of this stick seemed to come from the same guy???

:greengrin

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Being sacked by and large is out of his hands, so compensation being reached is his choice for that route to go down as he is 100% in control of that. IMO he does not want to be the manager, that is no good to us. If he truly wants a crack of being Hibs manager then no need for compensation talk as that would be his choice to leave.

I think Hibs, Notts Forest and / or Birmingham might disagree with that. If it was 100% under his control and he wanted to go, why is he still with us?

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2011, 05:28 PM

It was not me (for a change, I am keeping my powder dry).....:greengrin

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Opinions, ay? Some people thought that CC laughing at half time was disrespectful. If he was laughing because we were 1-0 down I would agree with that but if he was laughing at some dolt who was giving him abuse then I say :thumbsup: to CC. What is he supposed to, start crying? Invite him into his office for a chat and a cup of tea. Run into the crowd Cantona-style? Seems like he handled it pretty well.

(I'm agreeing with you).

greenlex
09-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Opinions, ay? Some people thought that CC laughing at half time was disrespectful. If he was laughing because we were 1-0 down I would agree with that but if he was laughing at some dolt who was giving him abuse then I say :thumbsup: to CC. What is he supposed to, start crying? Invite him into his office for a chat and a cup of tea. Run into the crowd Cantona-style? Seems like he handled it pretty well.

(I'm agreeing with you).
:agree: I agree. I hope the guy giving the abuse was ****ing raging.:greengrin

matty_f
09-07-2011, 05:31 PM
:agree: I agree. I hope the guy giving the abuse was ****ing raging.:greengrin

Same here. :thumbsup:

sevenil
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
He's toying with us - and it's too late for that now - bridges have been burned, ever since the day of the two pokes of sweeties.
It will be a tough season for us, we can't afford to struggle on with a reluctant Manager whose heart isn't really in it.

Captain Trips
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I think Hibs, Notts Forest and / or Birmingham might disagree with that. If it was 100% under his control and he wanted to go, why is he still with us?

Under his control in sense that he has mentioned it therefore he wants it to happen if he wishes to stay the only thing that would stop him is his sacking he has mentioned another way that he could leave Hibs one which he has a say in. Perhaps he has a bit more to him than just quitting but IMO if push really comes to shove he would quit.

YehButNoBut
09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Put this on other threads but probably fits best here.

Sorry did not notice this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcEwkmhcQC4

EDIT - New video added with goals and interview

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Under his control in sense that he has mentioned it therefore he wants it to happen if he wishes to stay the only thing that would stop him is his sacking he has mentioned another way that he could leave Hibs one which he has a say in. Perhaps he has a bit more to him than just quitting but IMO if push really comes to shove he would quit.

I really don't think he would quit. That would be his worst move unless there is any possibility that the amount of compensation Hibs would get would be less than what is currently being offered. Unless he is sacked the only way he is leaving us is after his contract expires or with Hibs getting compensation. 300K has already been knocked back. I don't know who gives the ruling on compensation but if he quit and we got less than 300K then that would be a kick in the nuts.

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 05:43 PM

Is that video also available in English? :wink:

O'Rourke3
09-07-2011, 05:47 PM
I want to be manager too, I thought this was a competition?

:grr:Petrie get it sorted :grr:

--------
09-07-2011, 05:49 PM

I thought he was perfectly clear, Max.

He wants a black pudding supper with salt and brown sauce, and two pickled eggs.

And a bottle of Irn-Bru - a GLASS bottle. :aok:

Saorsa
09-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Colin Calderwood, Sky Sports News.I want tae be the Hibernian manager.......

.......unless compo is paid and then I can go where I really want tae be.

Mikey
09-07-2011, 05:51 PM
He's toying with us - and it's too late for that now - bridges have been burned, ever since the day of the two pokes of sweeties.
It will be a tough season for us, we can't afford to struggle on with a reluctant Manager whose heart isn't really in it.

People complain that the club tells us nothing, and when they do...........

blackpoolhibs
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM

Come on Mikey, we are commenting on what IS said here. And the one man who could stop all this with one statement AGAIN wont. Its staggering just how much our manager wont commit himself to the club and fans who pay him very handsomely for this privilege.

Mikey
09-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Come on Mikey, we are commenting on what IS said here.

"I want to be Hibernian manager"

Cropley10
09-07-2011, 05:57 PM
He wants to be Hibernian manager, unless someone is prepared to pay compensation so he can leave (or he has sacked).

So basically until he leaves, one way or the other, he wants to be our manager.

What a sad state of affairs, either trying to keep someone who doesn't want to be here or waiting until the right price is paid.

Looks like Caldo has been told to make some more positive comments, and even then they're through gritted teeth or qualified in some way.

lapsedhibee
09-07-2011, 05:58 PM

It would be quite good to see a few of ER's serial abusers drop-kicked out of their complacency this season. I think I'll write an open letter to the squad urging this. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

blackpoolhibs
09-07-2011, 05:58 PM
"! want to be Hibernian manager"

Until such times as the compensation is paid.

jakki
09-07-2011, 05:59 PM

Just as daft as my sqirrel postings on the update thread.

As an update, all my feeders have been removed from the feeder but a coconut feeder has been added to the outer most arm. I am intersted to see if we have a wee winger determined to get to the spoils and do the business :greengrin

Saorsa
He wants to be Hibernian manager, unless someone is prepared to pay compensation so he can leave (or he has sacked).

What a sad state of affairs, either trying to keep someone who doesn't want to be here or waiting until the right price is paid.

Looks like Caldo has been told to make some more positive comments, and even then they're through gritted teeth or qualified in some way.:agree:

Cropley10
"! want to be Hibernian manager"

Does Caldo know Andy Coulson by any chance?

I want to be Hibernian manager - until I'm sacked or the right compensation is paid. Why not print the whole statement?

lucky
09-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Not sure this interview actually helps Hibs or CC cause. I really want this settled one way or another. A few bad results and he will get pelters. But to be fair he has brought this on himself.

Hibby D
09-07-2011, 06:01 PM

Until such times as the compensation is paid.

Yup :agree: Completely different statement when said in full!

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2011, 06:02 PM

Looks like Caldo has been told to make some more positive comments, and even then they're through gritted teeth or qualified in some way.

:agree::agree:

In a nutshell........

pentlando
09-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Liked his comment at the end about a lot being written and not a lot being said (think he means actually done). Remove the press digging and photo's of meetings and all we have is one approach for our manager that was rejected. To me if he was desperate to leave he could have easily ensured that imo.

blackpoolhibs

:agree: After a season like we just had, we really needed everyone from Tam McCourt throught to the fans all pulling in the same direction. Yet here we are with 2 weeks to go before our first game, and the club is being pulled in all directions.

This is a shocking position we find ourselves in, shocking.:rolleyes:

Mikey
The video in post 23 has been updated.

Beefster
09-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Oh joy.

If only we could get Hughes back.

3pm
09-07-2011, 06:11 PM
If I win the Euromillions the night I will pay the compensation and he'll be gone on Monday. If someone else on here wins, I expect them to follow suit.

greenlex
09-07-2011, 06:12 PM
:agree: After a season like we just had, we really needed everyone from Tam McCourt throught to the fans all pulling in the same direction. Yet here we are with 2 weeks to go before our first game, and the club is being pulled in all directions.

This is a shocking position we find ourselves in, shocking.:rolleyes:
Try getting behind the manager and team then:rolleyes:

HibeeSince85
09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Where's the link?

stokesmessiah
09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
If I win the Euromillions the night I will pay the compensation and he'll be gone on Monday. If someone else on here wins, I expect them to follow suit.

Oh well thats screwed, euromillions was last night !!

Dibben
09-07-2011, 06:31 PM

That was last night.... :greengrin

It's only a £7m jackpot tonight... (that would still be enough to pay the compensation if you felt you must!!!).

heretoday
09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
You never know. You just never know.

CC could knuckle down and be the greatest Hibs manager since Jock Stein.

He could gather together a tight-knit group of guys who do the biz unquestioningly.

And they could win the league.

Andy74
09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
If only we could get Hughes back.

Aye that would be truly awful compared to CCs glorious reign.

ronaldo7
09-07-2011, 07:13 PM
You never know. You just never know.

CC could knuckle down and be the greatest Hibs manager since Jock Stein.

He could gather together a tight-knit group of guys who do the biz unquestioningly.

And they could win the league.

And he could have added to that group without the shinanigans he put us through. FFS can he no just say he wants to be OUR MANAGER without the add ons.

Dunbar Hibee
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
**** off Calderwood

jakki
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Lets do another first!!

A woman as manager!

Me!!

Hvving managed more than 250 kids with lots of problems and set up more than 90% of them on the right road, I tekon that I could set up our crew to toe the line. I would need a No2 to do the football training but I'd do the discupline.

Nae George Street more than 2 days before a game.
At least one day training over Gullane dunes.
Another day daeing the circuit o Arthur Seat

down-the-slope
09-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Come on Mikey, we are commenting on what IS said here. And the one man who could stop all this with one statement AGAIN wont. Its staggering just how much our manager wont commit himself to the club and fans who pay him very handsomely for this privilege.

Only problem with that is a significant number who pass such judgements on here are neither committed or contributing handsomely or otherwise to the club....but thats OK seemingly :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
09-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Lets do another first!!

A woman as manager!

Me!!

Hvving managed more than 250 kids with lots of problems and set up more than 90% of them on the right road, I tekon that I could set up our crew to toe the line. I would need a No2 to do the football training but I'd do the discupline.

Whyte and Mackay have moved on Jakki, you're payment in kind will not be the same with Crabbies.:greengrin

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I thought he was perfectly clear, Max.

He wants a black pudding supper with salt and brown sauce, and two pickled eggs.

And a bottle of Irn-Bru - a GLASS bottle. :aok:

Mmmmmmm, black pudding. Now I'm homesick. I miss chippies.

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 07:34 PM

Too ambiguous. :na na:

DCI Gene Hunt
09-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I also want to be Hibernian manager. Where's me contract 'tache? :I'm waiti

Gene

Speedway
09-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Everyone who has been Hibernian Manager wanted to be so until a better offer comes along.

Jock Stein, really wanted to be at Celtic. McLeish really wanted to be at Rangers. Mowbray really wanted to be at WBA....rather than Hibs.

Calderwood would rather be anywhere that meets the chairman's price.

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 07:39 PM

Perhaps, well, definitely, but at least he said he wants to be manager. He could have said nothing at all.....and he would have still gotten pelters. Even if he did stop at "I want to be Hibernian manager" I am sure people would comment on his body language or accuse him of paying us lip service.

heretoday
09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Lets do another first!!

A woman as manager!

Me!!

A classic post.

I would suggest TWO days at Gullane, however! When I were't nipper in the 70s I watched the Rangers running up the dunes with their mental case of a manager Jock Wallace.

They won the league the following season with a team whose fitness was never in doubt, despite having at least 3 alcoholics and one suicide.

smurf
09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Could say "Too little too late" however asfaic he's made it pretty obvious he wants out. The quicker he leaves the building the better.

smurf
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the laugh. Come on...

jabis
09-07-2011, 07:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcEwkmhcQC4

EDIT - New video added with goals and interview

thank you.

AlbertK86
09-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Just read this from todays Birmingham paper...... hopefully CC staying as it says he says he won't resign and make things messy...but could also read into it that once Andy Watson and Peter Grant are gone Birmingham will make a big push to get him

COACH Andy Watson is currently negotiating his severance settlement with Birmingham City.
Chris Hughton wants to change his coaching staff at first-team level and although Watson pledged to stay put if wanted following Alex McLeish’s resignation, he was told ‘thanks, but no thanks’.
Watson has not been involved in the pre-season training sessions at Wast Hills, and nor has Peter Grant.

McLeish wants to take Grant, his erstwhile joint first-team coach at Blues, across the city to Villa. So Grant has also been sitting it out this week, with Hughton overseeing the preparation work alone.
Talks between Blues and Villa about compensation for McLeish are nearing a conclusion and the figure arrived at is likely to include contract buy-outs for Grant and Dr Ian McGuinness, Blues’ chief medical officer.
That would clear the way for them both to link up with McLeish once more.
Hughton still has Colin Calderwood in mind to become his assistant, but Blues have made no further headway in their quest to agree a compensation deal with Hibernian.
The Easter Road chairman, Rod Petrie, is renowned for being a tough operator and although Calderwood is interested in renewing acquaintance with Hughton after their success at Newcastle United, he won’t force the issue and turn things messy by resigning.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2011/07/09/coach-andy-watson-negotiating-birmingham-city-exit-97319-29021762/#ixzz1Rdjb7mlB

HibsMax
09-07-2011, 08:03 PM
The Easter Road chairman, Rod Petrie, is renowned for being a tough operator and although Calderwood is interested in renewing acquaintance with Hughton after their success at Newcastle United, he won’t force the issue and turn things messy by resigning.

I thought the only place he wanted to be was at Notts Forest? It just goes to show how little we actually know about what is going.

iwasthere1972
09-07-2011, 08:06 PM
CC has had 2 weeks or so to say that he wants to remain as Hibs manager. I'm still not convinced that he will be or want to be at Easter Road come the beginning of the season.

If he does stay then fair enough but personally I would prefer that he departs on the next plane/train/bus.

Hibs On Tour
09-07-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7030054,00.html

IMHO, this is him getting told to say something vaguely positive to get the fans back onside.

*IF* he *really* wanted to be Hibs manager then he could have made the same statement - minus the unnecessary bits about compensation/sacking - when all this first reared its head a fortnight ago. CC could have stopped all the rumours in their tracks dead immediately. He chose not to. That silence spoke volumes.

Honestly - do they think we're buttoned up the back?... :confused:

Kaiser1962
09-07-2011, 09:04 PM
He did.

But he said it alright!

Did he ever say he didnt want to be Hibernian manager?

iwasthere1972
09-07-2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7030054,00.html

IMHO, this is him getting told to say something vaguely positive to get the fans back onside.

*IF* he *really* wanted to be Hibs manager then he could have made the same statement - minus the unnecessary bits about compensation/sacking - when all this first reared its head a fortnight ago. CC could have stopped all the rumours in their tracks dead immediately. He chose not to. That silence spoke volumes.

Honestly - do they think we're buttoned up the back?... :confused:

Kaiser1962
09-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Those of you who think he's not committed want a McLeish type speech or a Mowbray type "unfinished business" statement? CC dosent say much, never has. He has spent his entire career, until now, in England and has no emotional tie to Hibs whatsoever. He will do whats best for him and his family. Like everybody else in this game.

Players will kiss the badge and managers will do their best for whoever pays their wages. Mercenary and classless but thats it. Would Neil Lennon not leave Celtic to go to one of the big clubs in England because of his relationship with the soapless hordes? In a heartbeat he would. Same with Sally.

CC wll be here for exactly as long as he says and he will continue to do his best because he is a competitor and a professional, not because of any particular affection for Hibs or ER.

Whether his best is good enough is an entirely seperate question.

down-the-slope
09-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Those of you who think he's not committed want a McLeish type speech or a Mowbray type "unfinished business" statement? CC dosent say much, never has. He has spent his entire career, until now, in England and has no emotional tie to Hibs whatsoever. He will do whats best for him and his family. Like everybody else in this game.

Players will kiss the badge and managers will do their best for whoever pays their wages. Mercenary and classless but thats it. Would Neil Lennon not leave Celtic to go to one of the big clubs in England because of his relationship with the soapless hordes? In a heartbeat he would. Same with Sally.

CC wll be here for exactly as long as he says and he will continue to do his best because he is a competitor and a professional, not because of any particular affection for Hibs or ER.

Whether his best is good enough is an entirely seperate question.

yekimevol
09-07-2011, 09:58 PM
well now that thats over, caldo lets get on with winning games and to good cups runs would be nice

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

stoneyburn hibs
09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Only problem with that is a significant number who pass such judgements on here are neither committed or contributing handsomely or otherwise to the club....but thats OK seemingly :rolleyes:

so anyone that does not have a season ticket, .net membership or the latest hibs top should not pass judgement ? :rolleyes:

jakki
09-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Whyte and Mackay have moved on Jakki, you're payment in kind will not be the same with Crabbies.:greengrin

I love crabbies but its a wee bit more expenive than Coke

Removed
09-07-2011, 10:17 PM
so anyone that does not have a season ticket, .net membership or the latest hibs top should not pass judgement ? :rolleyes:

Hibs.net has nothing to do with the club

Dinkydoo
09-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Did he ever say he didnt want to be Hibernian manager?

Nope.

Come on Kaiser1962, speculating about his "real" intentions and putting words in his mouth is so much more fun : )

ronaldo7
09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I love crabbies but its a wee bit more expenive than Coke

:devil::cheers:

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Colin Calderwood will be Hibs manager next season, let's just get on with it and start preparing for the Celtic game in 2 weeks time

stokesmessiah
09-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Colin Calderwood will be Hibs manager next season, let's just get on with it and start preparing for the Celtic game in 2 weeks time

stoneyburn hibs
09-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Hibs.net has nothing to do with the club

my bad i know that

joe breezy
09-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I'd be very surprised if Colin Calderwood is still at Hibs in a fortnight

PapillonVert
09-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Colin Calderwood will be Hibs manager next season,

But one day a big, bad bag of sweets will come along and be so tempting that he won't be able to resist and even good old Uncle Rod will not be able to persuade him that too many sweets make your teeth rot.

BT58
09-07-2011, 11:24 PM
RP states that HIBERNIAN want CC as manager
Do we as fans follow our leaders thoughts????
The teams who are after CC cannot or will
not pay the amount required for his release
Does RP keep an unhappy employee???
Do we as fans, want a guy, whos mind is elsewhere
in charge of Our team???
To be honest,, talk of £300.000, you would have thought
that they where trying to sign a PLAYER, not a manager
If CC is still in charge for tic game, and god forbid we get beat
The manager/ board are in for fun,, big style!!!!

iwasthere1972
09-07-2011, 11:30 PM
RP states that HIBERNIAN want CC as manager
Do we as fans follow our leaders thoughts????
The teams who are after CC cannot or will
not pay the amount required for his release
Does RP keep an unhappy employee???
Do we as fans, want a guy, whos mind is elsewhere
in charge of Our team???
To be honest,, talk of £300.000, you would have thought
that they where trying to sign a PLAYER, not a manager
If CC is still in charge for tic game, and god forbid we get beat
The manager/ board are in for fun,, big style!!!!

It doesn't rhyme. :confused:

matty_f
09-07-2011, 11:49 PM

:tee hee:

BT58
09-07-2011, 11:53 PM
But it does play along to sunshine on leith
Try it and see
Bt:flag::flag:

Auckland Hibs
10-07-2011, 04:00 AM

:top marks

LOL

down-the-slope
10-07-2011, 08:10 AM

glass houses and stones come to mind.....

Jim44
10-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Judging by his qualified statement, Calderwood wants to have his cake and eat it. He's either a cynical and thoughtless barsteward or as thick as ***** in a bottle if he thinks that his latest offering is going to placate the supporters who are desperate to see the end of this mess. If anything, his latest uttering has only served to make matters worse.

Iggy Pope
10-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Think this guy embarrased himself, the rest of the support there and Calderwood by his frothing at the mooth.
Didn't get much back up from anyone else.

Craig_in_Prague
10-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Just seen him on SSN now, after yesterdays highlights.

Until compensation or sacking, I'm manager until someone tells me otherwise.
It's a good place to be.

Wish he'd just shut the F up TBH and get this compensation sorted. Two weeks today we'll be playing Celtc.....and no doubt be starting the interview process around then.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-07-2011, 10:43 AM
So the season starts up here and we make a no bad start, and the season starts down south and both Brum and Notts need to appoint others. What does Calderwood do then? There would be little or no goodwill left for him from the board or the fans. That leaves him in a corner if and when we hit a bad spell. No really planning long term at all.

Saorsa
10-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Judging by his qualified statement, Calderwood wants to have his cake and eat it. He's either a cynical and thoughtless barsteward or as thick as ***** in a bottle if he thinks that his latest offering is going to placate the supporters who are desperate to see the end of this mess. If anything, his latest uttering has only served to make matters worse.:top marks

EasterRoad4Ever
10-07-2011, 10:57 AM
As far as I am concerned he is finished as Hibs Manager. IMHO he is little more than a temp holding the fort until someone proper can be brought in. You cannot undo all that has been done & said over the last few weeks. His attitude to the job is disgraceful. Clearly he behaved like that on the assumption that he'd be moving to Notts or Brum, but misjudged the financial compo bit.

In the meantime, his contract runs on, and the compo reduces with time. I suspect Nott/Brum may come back in for him later on, if they can't afford him just now.

CC - you are a waste of space at ER. As soon as your team starts to fail, and it will, we will be on your back. And there is only 1 person you can blame for that.

Kaiser1962
10-07-2011, 10:58 AM
So the season starts up here and we make a no bad start, and the season starts down south and both Brum and Notts need to appoint others. What does Calderwood do then? There would be little or no goodwill left for him from the board or the fans. That leaves him in a corner if and when we hit a bad spell. No really planning long term at all.

He does what his predecessors or his successors will do and offer his services to the highest bidder. Barring that a particular set of circumstances occur that suit him. Thats the way it is and at least CC is honest enough to admit as much.

All managers we have had, or are likely to get, in modern times are here till they're sacked or compensation (i.e. a fee) is agreed.

Same applies to players who either get sold or their contract isnt renewed. They may even be lifelong fans of the club, like Nish, but that dosent stop them being treated like sheite from a (large) section of the support.

Arch Stanton
10-07-2011, 11:56 AM
He does what his predecessors or his successors will do and offer his services to the highest bidder. Barring that a particular set of circumstances occur that suit him. Thats the way it is and at least CC is honest enough to admit as much.

All managers we have had, or are likely to get, in modern times are here till they're sacked or compensation (i.e. a fee) is agreed.

Same applies to players who either get sold or their contract isnt renewed. They may even be lifelong fans of the club, like Nish, but that dosent stop them being treated like sheite from a (large) section of the support.

That's how I see it too.

Now, if one of the Iranian Imams applied for the Dalai Lama's job I could see a sense of anger and betrayal being justified, but for a Hibs manager wanting the best deal he can get out of life, this reaction is over the top. The reason he doesn't live and breathe Hibs is because he is a career professional. no more no less.

Mikey
10-07-2011, 12:16 PM
CC - you are a waste of space at ER. As soon as your team starts to fail, and it will, we will be on your back. And there is only 1 person you can blame for that.

What happens if he stays and the team does well?

Baldy Foghorn
10-07-2011, 12:31 PM

We will be frothing at the mouth through gritted teeth:greengrin

iwasthere1972
10-07-2011, 12:37 PM

We would have to win the SPL title or the Scottish Cup (possibly both) before I changed my mind about him.

If he really wanted to stay at Hibs then all he had to say was that Notts Forest and Birmingham can stick their compensation up their :asshole: as I am going nowhere. He'll be offski as soon as Rodders has the compo in the bank.

Moulin Yarns
10-07-2011, 12:39 PM

We will be frothing at the mouth through gritted teeth:greengrin

While sitting in a bath of beans :greengrin

LeithBoozy
10-07-2011, 01:47 PM
We will be frothing at the mouth through gritted teeth. Thanks Baldy thats got me smiling. :greengrin

Hibby D
10-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Seriously? Then in time he may well be accepted but there will always be a grudge held by some.

But let's face it Mikey, there's mair chance of you buying a ST for the PBS :greengrin

Arch Stanton
10-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Seriously? Then in time he may well be accepted but there will always be a grudge held by some.

But let's face it Mikey, there's mair chance of you buying a ST for the PBS :greengrin

"there will always be a grudge held by some"

That could be hibs net motto, couldn't it?

matty_f
10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
"there will always be a grudge held by some"

That could be hibs net motto, couldn't it?

Captain Trips
10-07-2011, 03:06 PM
CC may be being honest and some would rather that than what some previous managers have said about commiting themselves to club.

Most of us know to take comments with pinch of salt ala Big Eck we all know that if offer comes in they fancy they will be off, I think as a manager you cannot be that open about potentially leaving when business is to be done. I think CC has been extremely poor in this matter, I for one do not want him as manager.

If he had even bull*****d it and only mentioned staying then at least there is no evidence he wants to go.

jonty
10-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd rather judge him on his management skills rather than his PR skills.
On that basis, the signings have been above average and he's been above average*. far from the doom and gloom thats been presented on here.

*reserve right to change mind after the first 6 games :greengrin

Captain Trips
10-07-2011, 03:16 PM
On that basis, the signings have been above average and he's been above average*. far from the doom and gloom thats been presented on here.

As it stands he has been well below average in win/loss ratio. Signings I will judge in time. PR aside results wise well under a good average.

Ernie Cobra
10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
]OMG[/B], I hope you're kidding about that last past. :dizzy:

shuh....huh....like whatever, duhhhh, jedward are alive and well and posting on hibs.net

DH1875
10-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Told by who? Playing devils advocate here cause I'd rather he went but surely if he really wants to go it would be best for him to just come out and say so. He could just say something like, While I've enjoyed my time at Easter Road I'm looking to move back south to be with my family. Birmingham are prepared to give me that opportunity and having worked with their manager before I feel it's a great move for me.
By doing this he'd push the matter and let's be honest, it's not as if Rod's going to sack him for it. Not when there's £300k on the table.

The Falcon
10-07-2011, 05:32 PM
CC may be being honest and some would rather that than what some previous managers have said about commiting themselves to club.

Most of us know to take comments with pinch of salt ala Big Eck we all know that if offer comes in they fancy they will be off, I think as a manager you cannot be that open about potentially leaving when business is to be done. I think CC has been extremely poor in this matter, I for one do not want him as manager.

If he had even bull*****d it and only mentioned staying then at least there is no evidence he wants to go.

So even when they're publicly commiting themselves to HFC, which you are raging at CC for NOT doing, you still are able to tell they're talking *****?

And CC has been poor for being honest when, in fact, he could be swearing public allegiance to Hibs but it would not matter anyway because you know its BS when they say that? Yet you are berating him for not shouting about how committed he is to Hibs?

That about right?

Captain Trips
10-07-2011, 06:22 PM
So even when they're publicly commiting themselves to HFC, which you are raging at CC for NOT doing, you still are able to tell they're talking *****?

And CC has been poor for being honest when, in fact, he could be swearing public allegiance to Hibs but it would not matter anyway because you know its BS when they say that? Yet you are berating him for not shouting about how committed he is to Hibs?

That about right?

No it is not right. When Eck made his comments I thought great but I know like good players that though they may mean it at time things change, nobody will stay at club forever. A manager should not be publicly stating comments like CC, I never complained at time about Eck or any other person whom publicly commits I just know they will leave in certain circumstances.

coco22
10-07-2011, 06:37 PM
what if we make a p*sh start to the season and, come november, we bin CC anyway....no comp money coming in, he walks away and it costs us money to sack him. rodders, take the 300 large and lets get ready for the fast approaching season.

down-the-slope
10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
i'd preffer it CC's honesty way...rather than the badge kissers who then **** off as soon as it suits.

He is getting pre-season thus far well organised and creating harmony in the squad....in other words doing what hes paid for.....at least he is honoring contract while it exists...a lot could learn from that

givescotlandfreedom
10-07-2011, 06:42 PM
[URL]Honestly - do they think we're buttoned up the back?... :confused:

This will answer that question http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110520/home-kit-201112_2262950_2363493

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2011, 06:45 PM
i'd preffer it CC's honesty way...rather than the badge kissers who then **** off as soon as it suits.

He is getting pre-season thus far well organised and creating harmony in the squad....in other words doing what hes paid for.....at least he is honoring contract while it exists...a lot could learn from that

Harmony is the last word i'd use regarding his non committal to the job? There's been quite a few of the players commenting on how they'd like him to stay, so they are in the same boat as us fans, they read and see his interviews too.

Harmony in the support, not a chance. As i said harmony is the last word i'd use when talking about Hibs at this minute in time.

marinello59
10-07-2011, 06:45 PM

That does appear to be the case. Unlike the fans the players seem unaffected by the current uncertainty.

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2011, 06:47 PM
That does appear to be the case. Unlike the fans the players seem unaffected by the current uncertainty.

Apart from a 2-1 defeat at Livingston? :wink:

marinello59
10-07-2011, 06:50 PM

And the second half performance of that training exercise?
I know how much you would hate there to be any positives at the moment. Sort of the opposite of how you used to post about Yogi. If we do get a new manager what will your persona be this time around?

down-the-slope
10-07-2011, 06:55 PM

you couldn't let it lie :wink:

open door i suppose :greengrin

Players are fine and want him to stay...yes because they beleive in him and want to play for him...that novel of recent years...

Harmony in the Hibs support.....:faf: now thats priceless....
He'd soon have a job at the UN if he could acheive that.......

HibsMax
10-07-2011, 07:03 PM

Have to agree with the first bit. I don't think that CC has been disingenuous. I think he might need to work on his presentation skills but it's also difficult to fault him for being honest.

If the guy stays and does what he is paid to do, and that benefits Hibs, then he will get my full backing.

Some people talk as though we (the fans) are loyal employees and would never consider leaving our current employer for something that we think is better for us. I doubt that is true although I admit that it will be true for some people - not everyone is motivated by brights lights and big cities.

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2011, 11:01 PM
And the second half performance of that training exercise?
I know how much you would hate there to be any positives at the moment. Sort of the opposite of how you used to post about Yogi. If we do get a new manager what will your persona be this time around?

What a lot of crap, i supported a manager who did what few managers that manage the club do, IE get us into europe. I backed him after the bad run because i felt he deserved a chance to turn it round.

When he was sacked i agreed with the decision, he'd had his chance and couldn't take it.

This clown will struggle to get us top 6, perhaps we should crack open the bubbly, or have a party like if we score at inverness if he does, although i wont hold my breath.

As for any new man we hopefully will get very very soon. My persona will be dictated by whatever results his team achieve.

Removed
10-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Players are fine and want him to stay...yes because they beleive in him and want to play for him...that novel of recent years...

Any player that said in public that they wish he'd just piss off and he's a crap manager anyway would need their head examined. That's just self preservation and who wouldn't do that. Doesn't mean that they actually believe it though.

Iain G
11-07-2011, 03:28 AM
What a lot of crap, i supported a manager who did what few managers that manage the club do, IE get us into europe. I backed him after the bad run because i felt he deserved a chance to turn it round.

When he was sacked i agreed with the decision, he'd had his chance and couldn't take it.

This clown will struggle to get us top 6, perhaps we should crack open the bubbly, or have a party like if we score at inverness if he does, although i wont hold my breath.

As for any new man we hopefully will get very very soon. My persona will be dictated by whatever results his team achieve.

In your opinion BH that he would struggle to get us into the Top 6, I think that if he stays he should get the chance to prove he deserves to be our manager having now built his own team. :agree:

On the persona scale, does it go higher than zero, you know, like into the positives? :wink::na na:

Albion Hibs
11-07-2011, 04:23 AM
BH for the record I do not remember you supporting our last manager, in fact the opposite I remember you hammering him at every opportunity.....funny feeling of de ja vue....!

KWJ
11-07-2011, 04:36 AM
He is happy at Hibs, ok great. Let's put it behind us and move on. It can be raised if a bid comes in that the board feel is acceptable just like any of our players.

I've no problem with CC leading us out against Celtic in 2 weeks and I'm hopeful he can get us into the top 6 and better.

Beefster
11-07-2011, 06:54 AM
what if we make a p*sh start to the season and, come november, we bin CC anyway....no comp money coming in, he walks away and it costs us money to sack him. rodders, take the 300 large and lets get ready for the fast approaching season.

What if we make a great start to the season and win the Scottish Cup?

I'm all for a bit of cynicism and negativity (no-one would accuse me of being overly optimistic) but **** me, some folk must have to drag themselves through life, judging by their outlook on here.

I much prefer honesty too but the abuse that some folk are delighting in throwing at the current Hibs manager (and let's be honest, some supporters are positively revelling in the opportunity to call him names and to keep kicking him) just shows how he can't win. If he had committed himself, the haters would have been banging on about McLeish and Mowbray and how he's probably still trying to leave.

The Falcon
11-07-2011, 07:08 AM
No it is not right. When Eck made his comments I thought great but I know like good players that though they may mean it at time things change, nobody will stay at club forever. A manager should not be publicly stating comments like CC, I never complained at time about Eck or any other person whom publicly commits I just know they will leave in certain circumstances.

I never complained about Eck either, or Mowbray for that matter, but we soon got a reality check. Same with the badge kissers, even the ones who grew up as Hibbies and have family's full of Hibbies. Soon as the money was put on the table they were off like a bullet. I have no problem with that as long as they dont talk crap or disrespect the club in the process.

I think talking BS is a lot more disrespectful that an honest assessment.

I dont get what CC has said (or not said) that's offended so many people. He's merely being totally honest and stating reality and not just for him, for everybody in football thats NOT at Barcelona or ManU.

We are all in the position he described in that we're all in our jobs until we are sacked or we get a better offer. I doubt my firm would get compensation for me so we'll leave that bit.

flash
11-07-2011, 07:23 AM

Cant wait for your next blog on the subject.

Kaiser1962
11-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Cant wait for your next blog on the subject.

:faf:

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2011, 07:45 AM
BH for the record I do not remember you supporting our last manager, in fact the opposite I remember you hammering him at every opportunity.....funny feeling of de ja vue....!

You dont remember me supporting Hughes, you probably cant remember what you had for your tea last night?

marinello59
11-07-2011, 07:55 AM

The wind up artist wound up? :greengrin

You dont remember me supporting Hughes, you probably cant remember what you had for your tea last night?

I obviously remember you supporting Hughes but I have no idea what I had for my tea last night or where the remote control for the telly is.

hibsbollah
11-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I obviously remember you supporting Hughes but I have no idea what I had for my tea last night or where the remote control for the telly is.

Its down the back of the sofa.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
The wind up artist wound up? :greengrin

:greengrin Its an accusation levelled at me by a few, even when i supported Mixu until the derby cup defeat too. I also wanted Williamson, thought he was just the guy we needed at that time, even though i did not want rid of Sauzee.

If a manager does well thats great and i will say so, if they are losing games, it needs questioning just what they are doing to rectify it.

With a memory like that, i'm not surprised? I had a carvery. :wink:

flash
11-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Its down the back of the sofa.

Strange place to put his tea.

soupy
11-07-2011, 08:22 AM

Must be his wifes bad cooking :-)

hibsbollah
11-07-2011, 08:24 AM

Theres always bombay mix down the back of the sofa, even if you never eaten it before in your life. Strange but true.

J-C
11-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Look the guy is happy being Hibs manager, he's not happy about his family situation and therefore given the opertunity to change that he will look at his options, depending on what his present employers feel. So in a nutshell, he's here unless Petrie accepts compo from either team, otherwise it's as we were and lets get on with things, Petrie has given both English clubs the chance to offer what he feels is the right amount of compo, they haven't stunped up, so it's business as usual.

Maybe Hibs should be looking at making his family situation a lot better by arranging something better than what's obviously going on at the moment.

basehibby
11-07-2011, 01:04 PM
I think Calderwood has been as clear and honest as he can be in this interview - basically stating that he's happy with his job and will accordingly give it his full energy and attention until such time as his situation changes, whether through being sacked or another club meeting his release clause (upon which he would presumably be at the stage of looking at two bags of sweeties).

There are obviously some posters on here who, having already become entrenched in their opinions, are inclined to read as much uncertainty as they can into this statement.

Presumably they are looking for Calderwood to come out with an emphatic commitment to Hibs along the lines of "I'll be here as long as I'm wanted" or "I have unfinished business at this club".

Personally, I'm inclined to believe that such statements from footballers and managers alike are so much hot air in the modern game, as the dizzying salaries on offer from certain quarters can easily undermine the most earnest feelings of loyalty.

From this interview along with Petries recent hands off statement I am now happy that we have a manager for the forseeable future, given that, having had their previous illusions that they could get him on the cheap shattered, it now seems unlikely that Forest or Brum will stump up the necessary compensation to allow them to speak to Calderwood in an official capacity.

I hope that we can now put this to bed and look forward to the new season, and that those who have been so insistent that Calderwood has "burned his bridges" consider the possibility that Calderwood's decision to be candid about his career options as opposed to indulging in empty statements of faux-loyalty, does not necessarily indicate a lack of dedication to doing his job to the best of his ability.

basehibby
11-07-2011, 01:12 PM

I'll vouch for BH on that one - as one of the other posters on here who stuck up for Hughes I can clearly remember BH's company on what was to become a quite a lonely soapbox - like me he probably abandoned it when things were getting beyond hopeless, but he can rightly claim to be a stalwart supporter of Hughes for the most part.

Mixu....well that was another matter....

sevenil
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Sadly, this thing seems to be no nearer resolution, and we could possibly be left with the worst of all worlds, - a Manager whose heart and mind is somewhere else.
His public statements, "The pokes 'o sweeties" and the vaguest of commitments to the job, spell out a situation which is the very opposite of 'constructive dismissal'. In this case his comments seem to suggest that he's asking to be terminated, maybe realizing that neither of his two suitors fancy paying compensation for him.
With that kind of half hearted wishy washy commitment to the job, it can only be a question of time before it all goes pear shaped and leads to a parting of the ways.
So, if it's inevitable, when is the least damaging time for it to happen? There is no good time, but I'd say do it now, and get it over with. Start afresh with someone (anyone) who has some drive, commitment and vigour about them.

matty_f
11-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I'll vouch for BH on that one - as one of the other posters on here who stuck up for Hughes I can clearly remember BH's company on what was to become a quite a lonely soapbox - like me he probably abandoned it when things were getting beyond hopeless, but he can rightly claim to be a stalwart supporter of Hughes for the most part.

Mixu....well that was another matter....

Same here, I remember BH's posts on it. After Yogi had the window to sort it out and brought in De Graaf and Hart, then opinions rightly started to change. BH gave Yogi ample opportunity and backing, IMHO.

Sadly, this thing seems to be no nearer resolution, and we could possibly be left with the worst of all worlds, - a Manager whose heart and mind is somewhere else.
His public statements, "The pokes 'o sweeties" and the vaguest of commitments to the job, spell out a situation which is the very opposite of 'constructive dismissal'. In this case his comments seem to suggest that he's asking to be terminated, maybe realizing that neither of his two suitors fancy paying compensation for him.
With that kind of half hearted wishy washy commitment to the job, it can only be a question of time before it all goes pear shaped and leads to a parting of the ways.
So, if it's inevitable, when is the least damaging time for it to happen? There is no good time, but I'd say do it now, and get it over with. Start afresh with someone (anyone) who has some drive, commitment and vigour about them.

I think it is nearer resolution. Hibs aren't going to comment any further than they have already. I really think that if Birmingham and Forest wanted him that much, and could afford him, then they'd have paid up by now.

Hibs have rightly resisted approaches, IMHO. Calderwood has said that he's happy at Hibs and has maintained that from the outset. Nothing has changed in that respect and it certainly looks on the face of it that the pursual of Calderwood from Forest and Birmingham is a lot less aggressive than it was, if it's even happening at all now.

lapsedhibee
11-07-2011, 06:33 PM
As far as I am concerned he is finished as Hibs Manager. IMHO he is little more than a temp holding the fort until someone proper can be brought in. You cannot undo all that has been done & said over the last few weeks.

Thing is though, practically nothing's been done or said. Apart from 115 pages of uninformed speculation on this forum.

I suppose you can't undo all that hasn't been said either - or can you? :hmmm: :confused:

Moulin Yarns
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
I have been clear in my support for CC, I just hope he stays as now that Villa have paid Brum for the services of wee Eck, they can now afford to pay what Rod wants, so we will see if anything happens in the next few days.

matty_f
11-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I have been clear in my support for CC, I just hope he stays as now that Villa have paid Brum for the services of wee Eck, they can now afford to pay what Rod wants, so we will see if anything happens in the next few days.

Birmingham have plenty of cash, I'd be very, very surprised if they were waiting on a payout from Villa to release funds for CC, especially for the relatively modest amounts being talked about.

ALF TUPPER
11-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I want to be manager too, I thought this was a competition?

:grr:Petrie get it sorted :grr:

No ............ I AM the manager !!! :cool2:

Petrieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!