PDA

View Full Version : David Stevens twitter re training

HibeeMcGinn1
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
"Army barracks today!!! Felt like i was in call of duty SNM. Come out plastered with mud tho! Fun day with the team!!"

Seems like they have been put through there paces today. Good :wink:

matty_f
07-07-2011, 09:24 PM
"Army barracks today!!! Felt like i was in call of duty SNM. Come out plastered with mud tho! Fun day with the team!!"

They're in turmoil, our pre-season's goosed and we're going daaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhnnnnnn!!!

heretoday
07-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Good news! They might be useless haddies but at least they'll be fit as butcher's dogs!

.Sean.
07-07-2011, 09:32 PM

They had a session at East Mains mate and then headed to Dreghorn. Didn't finish until after 4.

They are getting worked very, very hard and I expect to see a far fitter team in the coming season :agree:

I was speaking to a player earlier and he feels Calderwood will stay.

iwasthere1972
07-07-2011, 09:35 PM

Stacky on facebook.

Spent this afternoon with the team in an army camp!!! learnt how to march... well nearly! Great for the lads to get together with the staff away from the Training Ground. Big Dave was top man on the shooting simulator but also the worst at Marching!

Cabbage East
07-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Top 3 here we come.

GreenCastle
07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
They had a session at East Mains mate and then headed to Dreghorn. Didn't finish until after 4.

They are getting worked very, very hard and I expect to see a far fitter team in the coming season :agree:

I was speaking to a player earlier and he feels Calderwood will stay.

Let's hope so as the last few seasons we have looked unfit on several occasions.

Looks like CC is staying and working them hard :greengrin:rolleyes:

The_Sauz
07-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Spoke to a guy at Dreghorn on tuesday, and he said that he took some of the army guy's down to EM on Monday, but did not go into details :wink:

NthCarolinaHibs
07-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Top 3 here we come. Crisis...what crisis :greengrin

cam75
07-07-2011, 10:02 PM
http://youtu.be/xJuHUKmh0zE

:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-07-2011, 10:56 PM
At least our shooting should be better!

1987green
07-07-2011, 11:05 PM

Would do better trying to get a gig on call of duty coz he is a **** centre half C C apparently ripped him to shreads at half time.

zlatan
07-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Who had post #12 in the sweepstake?

matty_f
07-07-2011, 11:17 PM

:tee hee: It was me, and I claim my open letter and half-empty glass.

Hibby D
07-07-2011, 11:43 PM

They're getting faster :aok:

1987green
07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Meaning what

Cameron1875
07-07-2011, 11:54 PM
He isn't a good enough player for hibs.

Kevvy1875
07-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Hibees.......Attention!

Moulin Yarns
08-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Hibees.......Attention!

I like the new all green strip, but the shorts are getting longer every year

Dashing Bob S
08-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Phoar...count me in...

Beefster
08-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Would do better trying to get a gig on call of duty coz he is a **** centre half C C apparently ripped him to shreads at half time.

He's a 19 year old defender. One game and you've written him off?

How thoroughly depressing....

persevere1875
08-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Crisis...what crisis :greengrin

Kindly refrain from posting what some may construe as positive posts on Hibs.net at this time

It may or may not have come to your attention that some people on here are trying to have a nervous breakdown over the current managerial shenanagins and in order to back up there reasoning, would like it to be known that we are in fact a team in crisis who rather than attempting to get ready for the forthcoming season, are in fact spending all day every day at East Mains rocking slowly backwards and forwards ringing their collective hands in anguish.

Any atttempts to suggest its business as usual and that the Current incumbent of the Hibs managerial post is in actually carrying out his duties and putting our squad through a tough pre season workout, (something which i would humbly suggest is not before time) shall of course be rigourously denied, after all didnt you know he's quite clearly spending his time fleeting between Nottingham and Birmingham attempting to secure the best deal for himself.

Cor some people are just unbelievable :wink:

California-Hibs
08-07-2011, 07:13 AM
He's a 19 year old defender. One game and you've written him off?

How thoroughly depressing....

Erm, no, try adding in a good bulk of games he played at the end of last season. The guy isn't good enough, simple as that. Poor player! :agree:

Geo_1875
08-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Erm, no, try adding in a good bulk of games he played at the end of last season. The guy isn't good enough, simple as that. Poor player! :agree:

He hardly got a chance last season and came into a dreadful team, or a team playing dreadfully. He'll be good enough when the rest of the team are.

Beefster
08-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Unbelievable.

R'Albin
08-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Honestly can't believe people are already writing off young Stephens, he's only played a handful of games in a team that was playing ***** and against the sheep at pittodrie he was motm IMO.

marinello59
08-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Honestly can't believe people are already writing off young Stephens, he's only played a handful of games in a team that was playing ***** and against the sheep at pittodrie he was motm IMO.

I can. Sadly.

brog
08-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Maybe working out with a bunch of other young men who truly know what a life & death situation is, may also give them a better sense of perspective as well as improving fitness & discipline!

whereswallace?
08-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Do you know much about football? From what iv seen of Stephens he has all the attributes to be a very good player for Hibs. Do you expect him to walk straight in and start playing like Baresi? Id argue that centre half is one of the most difficult positions for any youngster to come into in the SPL, there are a lot of very experienced clever strikers using every trick in the book and the only way to improve is to play against them and learn. Im sure Stephens will be a good player for us and improve with every game.

CallumLaidlaw
08-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Personally rate Stephens very highly. Strong athletic, gets stuck in, good in the air. He made a couple of mistakes last season but he didn't get a lot of game time and what 19 yr old doesn't!!

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Does going to the army camp make us a better footballing side? If so we should have perhaps gone there on Monday.

SquashedFrogg
08-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Does going to the army camp make us a better footballing side? If so we should have perhaps gone there on Monday.

Yes :agree: and no :rolleyes:

Geo_1875
08-07-2011, 08:36 AM

You should maybe try a fried breakfast tomorrow because it appears that somebody is pissing in your cornflakes.

edwards
08-07-2011, 08:38 AM
I rate Stephens as well but after watching him in the last couple of games especially the Aberdeen game I felt he looked a tad slow. Him and Hanlon need to be sharper and feel this kind of training will help.
Also the possibility of brining in a sprint trainer as well to help our defence move more quickly and be that bit sharper.

alfie
08-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I'll only be convinced that they are getting a tough pre-season from CC when I hear that he has them running up and down Gullane dunes. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2011, 08:48 AM

It makes the team fitter and is great for team bonding....I see PNE did similar thing in Arbroath yesterday.........

Removed
08-07-2011, 08:53 AM

I heard that Jimmy Scott was impressive over the assault course (allegedly :wink:)

basehibby
08-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Ha!

Go back to almost a year ago at the beginning of last season - most posters on here were questioning why he wasn't in the starting line up after several impressive displays in the pre-season games - and we still had Bamba at that time!

At the age of 19 I would suggest that Stephens deserves more than a handful of competitive games before being chucked on the scrapheap - and I was witness to one or two questionable performances from the lad towards the end of last season as well. Ivan, GOC, Hanlon - they've all been subject to some suspect performances early doors - just as well you weren't the manager at the time eh?!?

MacBean
08-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I heard that Jimmy Scott was impressive over the assault course (allegedly :wink:)
:faf:

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2011, 10:57 AM
You should maybe try a fried breakfast tomorrow because it appears that somebody is pissing in your cornflakes.

Will that make me a better footballer?

Franck is God
08-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Do you know much about football? From what iv seen of Stephens he has all the attributes to be a very good player for Hibs. Do you expect him to walk straight in and start playing like Baresi? Id argue that centre half is one of the most difficult positions for any youngster to come into in the SPL, there are a lot of very experienced clever strikers using every trick in the book and the only way to improve is to play against them and learn. Im sure Stephens will be a good player for us and improve with every game.

I'll second this, he has all the attributes to be a top defender but at 19 its simply not possible to have built up the experience required to be consistant in every game and patience will be needed and some strong coaching.

I would imagine that there were unknowing Dunfermline fans talking the same way about Sol Bamba when he first played for them.

Geo_1875
08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Will that make me a better footballer?

Probably not but it might stop that nasty, bitter taste in your mouth.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Probably not but it might stop that nasty, bitter taste in your mouth.

Tremendous, a cure for halitosis and a shambles of a football team.

Cropley10
08-07-2011, 02:27 PM

Apparently he got a rollicking from the manager did he? And you know this how?

FWIW I very much doubt it btw - from what i've heard Calderwood isn't one for over the top emotional stuff, particularly with younger players.

But hey you crack on running down one of our young players if it makes you feel good.:rolleyes: