PDA

View Full Version : NHC Because (They Think) They're Worth It. (Referee Content)

Greentinted
07-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Recalling the weekend our refs went on strike, the standard of the overseas referees was a pleasant surprise for many of us.
Today I see, our lot are still agitating for an increase of £200 to round their match fee up to a cool £1000. (Link Here) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14064682.stm)
Now maybe I'm naive but that (£800 per game) seems to be a fair wedge for what they do (particularly in light that they are part-time) and the potential earnings involved puts most of our incomes deep in the shade.
So personally, bearing in mind that they are far from being the most competent in their field, I suggest that they are miles away from being considered value for money even in terms of the status quo.

Am I being unfair?

BEEJ
07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Given the standard and quality of the service they provide week in week out, the foreigners will get my vote every time.

Hope our lot go out on strike again, only this time for longer.

Saorsa
07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Recalling the weekend our refs went on strike, the standard of the overseas referees was a pleasant surprise for many of us.
Today I see, our lot are still agitating for an increase of £200 to round their match fee up to a cool £1000. (Link Here) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14064682.stm)
Now maybe I'm naive but that (£800 per game) seems to be a fair wedge for what they do (particularly in light that they are part-time) and the potential earnings involved puts most of our incomes deep in the shade.
So personally, bearing in mind that they are far from being the most competent in their field, I suggest that they are miles away from being considered value for money even in terms of the status quo.

Am I being unfair?I think that considering some of their diabolical performances they've got a ****in' brass neck taking what they do now.

Sylar
07-07-2011, 06:37 PM
I'd understand them getting a "premium" wage if they were to take charge of an Old Firm game or cup final (as the added stresses and abuse which they must get in such circumstances is well documented), but generally, it's something they should do in addition to their own employment and out of a love of the game, and not something which should earn them the equivalent of a very handsome second salary.

haagsehibby
07-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't think it's an outrageous fee to receive if you take into account the combined wages of the two squads and management teams in any given SPL match.

If it's such a great amount that they get at the moment for such an easy task why aren't there more takers ?

Saorsa
07-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't think it's an outrageous fee to receive if you take into account the combined wages of the two squads and management teams in any given SPL match.

If it's such a great amount that they get at the moment for such an easy task why aren't there more takers ?Everybody else within Scottish fitba (or certainly most) are having tae tighten their belts yet these clowns think they should get more. and for what? their dire performances? It's a part time/extra job, they dinnae have tae do it, in fact it would be better if some of them didnae. It would be better if we could just use the foreigners all the time, some of them might at least be worth the money.

Woody1985
07-07-2011, 09:27 PM

If it's such a great amount that they get at the moment for such an easy task why aren't there more takers ?

One was complaining it's almost like a full time job. BooHoo. A couple of training sessions and fitness tests per week.

The reason more don't take it up is because you need to start in your early twenties to have any chance of making it to the top level.

Most people interested in football in their early twenties would rather play than ref.

Greentinted
07-07-2011, 11:50 PM

Considering the current climate of austerity and the fact that they are woefully inept in comparison to the replacements we had when they had the temerity to strike, its an obscene amount to pay these incompetents.
Add to this the scenario that they could conceivably be utilised at 3 matches in a week, they would be remunerated to the tune of £3000. More than most SPL footballers (apart from the OF and HMFC Never Never).

A grand a game? Behave yersels men-in-black and get real - if it was down to performance related pay, you'd be owing us a fortune!!!

basehibby
08-07-2011, 12:53 AM
One was complaining it's almost like a full time job. BooHoo. A couple of training sessions and fitness tests per week.

The reason more don't take it up is because you need to start in your early twenties to have any chance of making it to the top level.

Most people interested in football in their early twenties would rather play than ref.

Well - 38 x 800 IS an above average full time wage (over 30K a year) so I dunno what they're moaning about considering it's a supplementary salary for the vast majority of SPL refs.
If the game in Scotland was in rude health then maybe they could have a case to make, but it's not and all the clubs are having to cut their cloth to suit these straightened times - so ... if they want a rise they can whistle for it :na na: