PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Have A Brain Fart

Gettin' Auld
07-07-2011, 05:58 PM
The planks at FIFA have come up with an idea of how to cope with the summer heat in Qatar during the world cup!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8621726/World-Cup-in-2022-could-become-a-game-of-three-halves-in-the-40-degree-heat-of-Qatar.html

:bitchy:

Greentinted
07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Suppose its would be too radical for Bin Hammam to request all his bribes back and put it to the vote again. Qatar has no business hosting the World Cup - certainly not in July anyway.

Was there not a similar preposterous proposal for the USA tournament in '94?

Gettin' Auld
07-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Suppose its would be too radical for Bin Hammam to request all his bribes back and put it to the vote again. Qatar has no business hosting the World Cup - certainly not in July anyway.

Was there not a similar preposterous proposal for the USA tournament in '94?
I think the Americans wanted to fit in an extra ad break for TV, if i remember right?

Sylar
07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I wish some of the biggest International Footballing nations (Spain, Italy, Germany, England, Argentina, Brazil to name a few) would grow a pair and initiate a mutiny/withdrawal from FIFA, with someone setting up a new international governing body and redrafting the rules, implementing some of the common sense advances which the current blazers are reluctant to implement.

The decades of corruption within this organisation is so far beyond the pale, that something simply needs done. Qatar getting the World Cup (at all, never mind "in July") is an absolute farce of the highest order.

I also had a laugh the other day - I was watching a feature (Sky Sports News I think?) talking about the progress of the Ukraine/Poland infrastructure in preparation for the Euros next year. They were doing a feature on the city of Donetsk, where they were discussing the lack of accomodation within the city, and Dnipro being the closest other city (400 odd miles away). A new 5 star luxury hotel has been developed, but low and behold, it has been secured by the UEFA and FIFA executives for the duration of the tournament - **** of the footballing world, one and all.

Woody1985
07-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Except it wasn't FIFA, it was some construction company head who suggested it.

FIFA are fannies and it wouldn't surprise me but they didn't say that and have released a statement.

Also, 3 halves in the title. Hope that was intended as they got it right in the first paragraph i.e. thirds.

Jack
08-07-2011, 07:25 AM
FIFA or the Murdoch empire which is the worse?

Phew! That’s a tricky one! :greengrin