PDA

View Full Version : What really worries me...

Hibee_Rab
07-07-2011, 12:15 AM
There's a lot of confusion within Hibernian at the moment, and the clubs reputation is at risk of being damaged because of it. I worry how we, as a forum, are adding to this. What I'm talking about, of course, is the fact a dodgy 'fast loans' website known as wonga.com is being advertised on this site. I think, and I'm sure many hibs fans will agree, that we don't want this sort of business associated with the club, for even seeing that logo on an unofficial website is embarrassing. The idea of seeing it on any official merchandise is absolutely sickening, not just to hibs fans, but to any football fan. Scottish football may be in a bad state at the moment, but at least no side is classless enough to show that logo on their shirts, lets do our bit to keep it that way.

Removed
07-07-2011, 12:19 AM
There's a lot of confusion within Hibernian at the moment, and the clubs reputation is at risk of being damaged because of it. I worry how we, as a forum, are adding to this. What I'm talking about, of course, is the fact a dodgy 'fast loans' website known as wonga.com is being advertised on this site. I think, and I'm sure many hibs fans will agree, that we don't want this sort of business associated with the club, for even seeing that logo on an unofficial website is embarrassing. The idea of seeing it on any official merchandise is absolutely sickening, not just to hibs fans, but to any football fan. Scottish football may be in a bad state at the moment, but at least no side is classless enough to show that logo on their shirts, lets do our bit to keep it that way.

What wonga advert?

Hibee_Rab
07-07-2011, 12:20 AM
It appears in the top banner sometimes.

Removed
07-07-2011, 12:21 AM
It appears in the top banner sometimes.

I don't get any adverts. Easy solution, become a pm :thumbsup:

Hibee_Rab
07-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't get any adverts. Easy solution, become a pm :thumbsup:

I'm just worried about it appearing on official merchandise, it would look incredibly tacky for a premier league club.

Removed
07-07-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm just worried about it appearing on official merchandise, it would look incredibly tacky for a premier league club.

Depends how much they are willing to pay tbh. Most logos on strips looks pretty poor.

SRHibs
07-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Surely it's of no fault of Hibs.net if that advertisement appears? As far as I'm aware, they'll stop appearing so frequently if Hearts' sponsor becomes less talked about on here. W*nga adverts are only appearing because that word has become commonplace on Hibs.net.

I could be wrong though...

Hibee_Rab
07-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Surely it's of no fault of Hibs.net if that advertisement appears? As far as I'm aware, they'll stop appearing so frequently if Hearts' sponsor becomes less talked about on here. W*nga adverts are only appearing because that word has become commonplace on Hibs.net.

I could be wrong though...

That would explain the adverts for a possible managerial position opening up at hibs aswell!

Diclonius
07-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Scottish football may be in a bad state at the moment, but at least no side is classless enough to show that logo on their shirts

Hearts do.

Moulin Yarns
07-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Hearts do.

Woooosh!!:greengrin

joe breezy
07-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Ads are personalised sometimes based on people's google searches, sometimes not. It's nothing to do with Hibs.

If I google 'loans' today I will see wonga adverts on almost every website I visit without the knowledge of any of the websites I visit.

lyonhibs
07-07-2011, 05:45 AM

So something that's never going to happen is what really worries you about HFC at the moment?

Am I missing something, or is the OP havering? :confused:

7Hero
07-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Ads are personalised sometimes based on people's google searches, sometimes not. It's nothing to do with Hibs.

If I google 'loans' today I will see wonga adverts on almost every website I visit without the knowledge of any of the websites I visit.

this is indeed correct, just dont let the mrs near the pc after you have been searching for dodgy stuff....:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
07-07-2011, 07:05 AM
World hunger and peace really worries me.:agree: So does the end of the world coming next year:agree: Although that would obviously negate my worry about world hunger and peace.:agree:

GTTH.

Hibee_Rab
07-07-2011, 08:18 AM
So something that's never going to happen is what really worries you about HFC at the moment?

Am I missing something, or is the OP havering? :confused:

I'm just saying I'm glad no SPL club is classless enough to be sponsored by Wonga.

Hibee_Rab
07-07-2011, 08:23 AM

That would explain all the adverts for Megan Fox nude, I'm kinda disappointed, I was hoping they would put that one on the strip.

Gettin' Auld
07-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I keep seeing an add "protect yourself against unwanted wetness"

I wonder what i googled recently?

Lucius Apuleius
07-07-2011, 11:40 AM
I keep seeing an add "protect yourself against unwanted wetness"

I wonder what i googled recently?

Umbrellas:confused:

Gettin' Auld
07-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Umbrellas:confused: