PDA

View Full Version : A Letter to Colin Calderwood

Stantons Angel
06-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Dear Colin,

I write this open letter as a Hibs supporter who is fed up with the "will he go or will he stay" rubbish going around at the moment.
ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
Ive had about all i can take of this and by writing to you i hope you will understand just what this is doing to US, yes US, not you, not the club but US the supporters, who pay your wages!

Our chairman has issued a hard hitting statement giving the club's view on the situation, which i think is pretty clear to all that have read it! The club has a right to expect the correct amount of compensation for the two years still to be served under the contract.

You applied for and were given this job a few months ago, you signed a three year contract, you accepted payment and constructively undertook the process of being manager of HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

After a good start with the injection of new blood we fell away again, playing the worst style of football HIBERNIAN has been associated with in my lifetime. We were extremely lucky not to be relegated. But being the level headed kind of person i am, i thought you should be given the chance to show what you could do with your own type of players made available.

All summer long we have lived under the cloud of speculation that you are leaving, then not leaving! Our summer should have been full of expectation for the supporter. We needed to forget how bad a season we had just had and regain our faith in all things HIBERNIAN again.

The players you brought here came in good faith. They would not be expecting you to up and leave them in the ****! Its well documented that another manager coming in may not think the same as you about the ability of a player. Your integrity has been ripped to shreds and this speculation has brought the unwanted media attention which is usually situated around the "pink bus shelter" to our door.

Your body language and lack of interest in our team is bound to affect the team morale and performance. You made a commitment as a professional and are now abusing our patience and understanding, trying to get out of it!

I commit myself to support my team by purchasing my season ticket every season. Im there through good and bad times, winter and summer, sun rain and snow. (must be daft) but its my choice. Just like the one you made to join HIBERNIAN, your agent must have been happy with the terms and conditions and his cut then?

Come on Colin, let us get on with the preparation for the new season, just go and let us concentrate on HIBS and getting on with things.

We have had our fill of "Judas" managers here"

The grass is always GREENER as they say.

:taxi :agree: :greengrin

Franck Stanton
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Pretty much sums up the feelings of most Hibs supporters just now.

monktonharp
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
I totally agree with all you've said. enough is definately enough,so Calderwood, off you pop. you are no longer welcome by the fans. yes, there will be some on here that insist"he's been put in a difficult position" gie the guy a break or even "he's never said he wanted oot" or keek like that.the fact remains that he has brought this club and it's fans almost to it's knees in regard to the season ticket numbers,and total apathy that has now enshrouded the club. The only thing we cling to is that there are no known child molesters currently employed by HFC......................So Caldo, bolt ya radge, shut the door,dinnae come back.

scott7_0(Prague)
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh dear!

Jack
06-07-2011, 11:58 PM
I agree with the OP.

Has this been sent to CC or is it yet another rant, I've had them as well, that goes no further than here?

If it's the later you're wasting your time.

monktonharp
07-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Oh dear!er.............oh dear what? all other Hibs fans are ersholes, or...........ye dinnae ken whit yer oan aboot/ what the or whadiyemean? cumootwi it man!

Iain G
07-07-2011, 12:51 AM
er.............oh dear what? all other Hibs fans are ersholes, or...........ye dinnae ken whit yer oan aboot/ what the or whadiyemean? cumootwi it man!

All these open letters make this feel like a Yam messageboard!!! ;-)

lyonhibs
07-07-2011, 05:49 AM

This. I half expect that the folk who write these 'Dear Rod/Colin...' diatribes don a mustard yellow cardigan and drive off in a Rover after doing so

bighairyfaeleith
07-07-2011, 05:50 AM
an open letter :faf:

TrickyNicky
07-07-2011, 05:54 AM
This. I half expect that the folk who write these 'Dear Rod/Colin...' diatribes don a mustard yellow cardigan and drive off in a Rover after doing so

Dead right !

Real men dinnae write letters, they put horses heads at the end of beds !!

Niffy
07-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Aye, Colin will be sitting at his computer right now, head in hands crying "what have I done... how can I make it better.. I feel so bad."

Then he'll look up and say "Ach I'm over it, f*** them."

Hibbyradge
07-07-2011, 05:57 AM
I wonder if it'll work.

steakbake
07-07-2011, 06:01 AM

Dear Hibs.net,

I write to complain in the strongest possible terms that we have become Kickback. Open letters are a yam speciality that do not befit a club of our stature. How could you let this happen? I thought you were as much Hibs fans as I am and the 18 generations of my family before me.

Yours in fury,

SB (Age 32)

Ernie Cobra
07-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Open letters are never the way i would express my frustrations, but each to thier own. As for the smug little comments and s******s about it, have a word with yourself, the guy is frustrated, a hibs fan and a season ticket holder and has the right to post what he likes on here.

You'll be the guys who dont vent any frustrations at the games, the happy clappers, nothing wrong here, move on nothing to see here.......Calderwood should be gone, we should have taken to 300k offered and moved on, the longer this ***** goes on the worse our season will be.

Get him out now, and get whoever we have lined up in, or do we go into the first game against the weedge in complete disarray? Time for Rodders to act, man up and get him to ****!

That will be all!

scott7_0(Prague)
07-07-2011, 06:09 AM
er.............oh dear what? all other Hibs fans are ersholes, or...........ye dinnae ken whit yer oan aboot/ what the or whadiyemean? cumootwi it man!

Oh dear it is embarrassing how YAMish people have become, next they will be down Easter Road kicking taches about!

TrickyNicky
07-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Oh dear it is embarrassing how YAMish people have become, next they will be down Easter Road kicking taches about!

Should Yammish not be with a double " m " ?

How Yammish to not be able to spell Yammish !:greengrin

Iain G
07-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Open letters are never the way i would express my frustrations, but each to thier own. As for the smug little comments and s******s about it, have a word with yourself, the guy is frustrated, a hibs fan and a season ticket holder and has the right to post what he likes on here.

You'll be the guys who dont vent any frustrations at the games, the happy clappers, nothing wrong here, move on nothing to see here.......Calderwood should be gone, we should have taken to 300k offered and moved on, the longer this ***** goes on the worse our season will be.

Get him out now, and get whoever we have lined up in, or do we go into the first game against the weedge in complete disarray? Time for Rodders to act, man up and get him to ****!

That will be all!

What about those who are frustrated with all the open letter style frustrated posts that seem to be creeping onto here, if you have a problem or something you want to discuss with someone down ER way by all means send them a letter or a Dear Rod message, but don't go posting them all on here :agree:

EskbankHibby
07-07-2011, 06:58 AM

Brilliant idea, if CC is still around in November we should have a reverse Mo-vember type gig where we all shave our taches off (i'm sure we all have them, even the women in homage to Rodders) as an overt display of being not very happy.

Say no to CC, say no to Rodders, say no to upper lip facial hair, we could call it, erm, No-vember.

Thomson
07-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Brilliant idea, if CC is still around in November we should have a reverse Mo-vember type gig where we all shave our taches off (i'm sure we all have them, even the women in homage to Rodders) as an overt display of being not very happy.

Say no to CC, say no to Rodders, say no to upper lip facial hair, we could call it, erm, No-vember.

How about we get Rod into a pact that says, If he gets this wrong and keeps calderwood and we dont at least get top six, or if he lets him go and gets in someone *****, then he should shave the tache live from easter road!!!

:na na:

sahib
07-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Dear Colin,

Please ignore all attempts at emotional blackmail, by my fellow supporters. Look out for number one mate, These guy's will be baying for your blood come September if the team is not going well. You don't want to be playing a three ball with Yogi and JC at Gullane as your only sporting challenge.
All the best, the compensation will come in handy and we will be saving on your wages.

Cheers

Sahib

Hibstrooper
07-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Whilst I agree with a lot of your sentiments letters like the above lose 75% of their impact the moment you start WRITING IN CAPITALS, using swear words or terms like "pink bus shelter". When you start doing that it is hard to take it seriously.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Dear Colin,

Please ignore all attempts at emotional blackmail, by my fellow supporters. Look out for number one mate, These guy's will be baying for your blood come September if the team is not going well. You don't want to be playing a three ball with Yogi and JC at Gullane as your only sporting challenge.
All the best, the compensation will come in handy and we will be saving on your wages.

Cheers

Sahib

Ah sarcasm...... Nice. Best just heading down to East Mains and starting a picket line!

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Dear Colin,

I write this open letter as a Hibs supporter who is fed up with the "will he go or will he stay" rubbish going around at the moment.
ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
Ive had about all i can take of this and by writing to you i hope you will understand just what this is doing to US, yes US, not you, not the club but US the supporters, who pay your wages!

Our chairman has issued a hard hitting statement giving the club's view on the situation, which i think is pretty clear to all that have read it! The club has a right to expect the correct amount of compensation for the two years still to be served under the contract.

You applied for and were given this job a few months ago, you signed a three year contract, you accepted payment and constructively undertook the process of being manager of HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

After a good start with the injection of new blood we fell away again, playing the worst style of football HIBERNIAN has been associated with in my lifetime. We were extremely lucky not to be relegated. But being the level headed kind of person i am, i thought you should be given the chance to show what you could do with your own type of players made available.

All summer long we have lived under the cloud of speculation that you are leaving, then not leaving! Our summer should have been full of expectation for the supporter. We needed to forget how bad a season we had just had and regain our faith in all things HIBERNIAN again.

The players you brought here came in good faith. They would not be expecting you to up and leave them in the ****! Its well documented that another manager coming in may not think the same as you about the ability of a player. Your integrity has been ripped to shreds and this speculation has brought the unwanted media attention which is usually situated around the "pink bus shelter" to our door.

Your body language and lack of interest in our team is bound to affect the team morale and performance. You made a commitment as a professional and are now abusing our patience and understanding, trying to get out of it!

I commit myself to support my team by purchasing my season ticket every season. Im there through good and bad times, winter and summer, sun rain and snow. (must be daft) but its my choice. Just like the one you made to join HIBERNIAN, your agent must have been happy with the terms and conditions and his cut then?

Come on Colin, let us get on with the preparation for the new season, just go and let us concentrate on HIBS and getting on with things.

We have had our fill of "Judas" managers here"

The grass is always GREENER as they say.

:taxi :agree: :greengrin

Gone yersel Janette, a bit of passion in that letter:agree:

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I have no doubt if this was actually sent, Calderwood wouldnt give it the time of day. It would make no difference to the way Calderwood thinks or wants.

I will say at least the OP has had the balls to get off their arse and actually do something, perhaps if more of us did the same someone would actually take notice of what we are thinking.

Unless the club are in deep ****, and look like we could fold, we as a support do very little in protesting when things are going wrong, we just seem to say ah its Hibs, thats what happens.

So well done to the OP, at least you had the balls to do something, and refuse to bend over anymore.

Or perhaps not as it seems? lol

HibeeMG
07-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Whilst I agree with a lot of your sentiments letters like the above lose 75% of their impact the moment you start WRITING IN CAPITALS, using swear words or terms like "pink bus shelter". When you start doing that it is hard to take it seriously.

:agree:

I totally agree.

If anyone else is thinking of sending an 'open' letter then I'd suggest you post it on here so it can be vetted for spelling and grammatical errors and for anything that would detract from the message you are trying to get across.

JustSimplyHibs
07-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I have no doubt if this was actually sent, Calderwood wouldnt give it the time of day. It would make no difference to the way Calderwood thinks or wants.

I will say at least the OP has had the balls to get off their arse and actually do something, perhaps if more of us did the same someone would actually take notice of what we are thinking.

Unless the club are in deep ****, and look like we could fold, we as a support do very little in protesting when things are going wrong, we just seem to say ah its Hibs, thats what happens.

So well done to the OP, at least you had the balls to do something, and refuse to bend over anymore.

Never a truer word spoken!!! :top marks

Hibby D
07-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Whilst I wouldn't write an open letter myself (far less post it on here to be pilloried by all the cool people) the OP is at least attempting to vent her frustration and disappointment in a constructive manner; far more appealing to read than all the "CC GTF" comments that adorn almost every thread.

Oh to be as classy a Hibs fan as some on here - Maybe the OP could book some .net etiquette lessons with Dashing Bob :greengrin

marinello59
07-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Never a truer word spoken!!! :top marks

I think a couple of the remarks may be factually incorrect. :tee hee:

Part/Time Supporter
07-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Let's get this straight...

Rod is being criticised (correctly IMO) for the rapid turnover of managers.

Yet he is being encouraged to drive CC down the road ASAP (to either Birmingham or Nottingham).

Am I alone in spotting a flaw in the logic here? It's like criticsing an addict and then encouraging him to have another fix.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Let's get this straight...

Rod is being criticised (correctly IMO) for the rapid turnover of managers.

Yet he is being encouraged to drive CC down the road ASAP (to either Birmingham or Nottingham).

Am I alone in spotting a flaw in the logic here? It's like criticsing an addict and then encouraging him to have another fix.

I think there has been far too many managers in the last few years, not all were bad. Not all were sacked, but more than most have been mediocre at best.

Thats where Petrie has failed, he's done wonders with the finance, but appointing managers is average at best.

So yes i want him to get rid of another one, i'd also like someone different picking the next one too.

banarc7062
07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
BRING BACK ALEX MILLER:agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
BRING BACK ALEX MILLER:agree:

He wouldnt touch it. :agree:

ShanksSaidNo
07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Hibs.net has gone all Gordon Ramsay!

Expecting Rain
07-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Calderwood should just go, the Hibs job is too much of a challenge for him and his signings so far have hardly inspired people to believe that the future is going to get brighter anytime soon, if i was Rod i`d be paying Notts Forest to take him back, though Birmingham might be a better move, as they are going nowhere fast.

proud_and_green
07-07-2011, 11:12 AM

I confess to feeling a bit of cringe when i see the Open Letters. Not that i disagree with the sentiments - particularly after CCs comments in the paper today!!

Barney McGrew
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I will say at least the OP has had the balls to get off their arse and actually do something, perhaps if more of us did the same someone would actually take notice of what we are thinking

He probably had to get up off his arse and walk all the way to his computer before he started typing. That's the sort of commitment we should all be showing if we want to be taken seriously.

Any much as I like open letters, I like open sandwiches even better. Chicken and bacon is a favorite. Does anyone else prefer open sandwiches to open letters?

sahib
07-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Ah sarcasm...... Nice. Best just heading down to East Mains and starting a picket line!

I am not being sarcastic (a ban on which would eliminate about 50% of all postings on here, by the way ) I mean every word. People change jobs all the time. He has had a better offer, so let's move on.
RP. is just posturing in his statement, to justify the delay caused by hanging out for compensation. Given last year's poor finish and if ST sales are down, then I bet the board have one eye on ditching CC, anyway. I suspect he will have only a couple of months to play with, if things don't improve. Further more, I think we do have a better squad than last year and that he has improved things.

(((Fergus)))
07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Aye, Colin will be sitting at his computer right now, head in hands crying "what have I done... how can I make it better.. I feel so bad."

Then he'll look up and say "Ach I'm over it, f*** them."

:thumbsup:

Dear Colin,

Cheers

Sahib

:top marks

We have no right to demand loyalty if we reserve the right to hound people out.

Dinkydoo
07-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Dear Colin,

Cheers

Sahib

Bravo - if I had the ability to post smilies on my iPod there would be some sort of round of applause and nodding head animations accompanying this post.

You summed up my feelings exactly.

bighairyfaeleith
07-07-2011, 07:25 PM

He probably had to get up off his arse and walk all the way to his computer before he started typing. That's the sort of commitment we should all be showing if we want to be taken seriously.

Any much as I like open letters, I like open sandwiches even better. Chicken and bacon is a favorite. Does anyone else prefer open sandwiches to open letters?

:greengrin

He might have been sitting with his laptop, he might have not even moved. He did do a fair bit of typing though and that does deserve some level of uber fan recognition I think.

Sammy7nil
07-07-2011, 07:43 PM
I wonder if it'll work.

:hmmm::hmmm:

:tee hee::tee hee: