PDA

View Full Version : GOC For club Captain

spike220
06-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Surly GOC should be captain this season, the way he speaks about the club, the goals he has already started banging in. He loves the club and is a huge hero for us all. Perhaps he could even extend his contract if he enjoying it? GOC for captain, he may not be a goddy-two-shoes but he loves the club and he will do just fine for me. I cant think of a better option. But I'd like to hear some thoughts of other on this one.

GGTTH

Wembley67
06-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Surly GOC should be captian this season, the way he speaks about the club, the goals he has already started banging in. He loves the club and is a huge hero for us all. Perhaps we could even extend his contract if he enjoying it. GOC for captian, he may not be a goddy-two-shoes but he loves the club and he will do just fine for me. I cant think of a better option. But I'd liek to hear some thoughts of other on this one.

GGTTH

I see where your coming from but I doubt it will happen.

spike220
06-07-2011, 08:04 AM
I see where your coming from but I doubt it will happen.

We wouldn't want a passionate hibee, who is one of the top players in the SPL being our captain, it might set the wrong tone for the club, :rolleyes:.

Give us a clean nosed back passer instead!!! I am over it, he hasn't hurt anyone and we have all made mistakes. In fact, someone who has made a few mistakes then straightened themselves out and has applied themselves to something is good role model in my eyes.

Betty Boop
06-07-2011, 08:22 AM
We wouldn't want a passionate hibee, who is one of the top players in the SPL being our captain, it might set the wrong tone for the club, :rolleyes:.

Give us a clean nosed back passer instead!!! I am over it, he hasn't hurt anyone and we have all made mistakes. In fact, someone who has made a few mistakes then straightened themselves out and has applied themselves to something is good role model in my eyes.

Comedy Gold ! :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Is this a joke thread, Garry for captain?

3pm
06-07-2011, 11:43 AM
What's O'Hanlon been like? Is he a contender?!

DunKie87
06-07-2011, 01:08 PM
For that 2 happen, i would want craig thomson 2 captain the yams, in all seriousness wouldnt say he was a leader

Sammy7nil
06-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Surly GOC should be captain this season, the way he speaks about the club, the goals he has already started banging in. He loves the club and is a huge hero for us all. Perhaps he could even extend his contract if he enjoying it? GOC for captain, he may not be a goddy-two-shoes but he loves the club and he will do just fine for me. I cant think of a better option. But I'd like to hear some thoughts of other on this one.

GGTTH

Nice fishing GOC Captain :greengrin

He will be off the 1st decent offer he is here to move on pure and simple

Franck Stanton
06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Nice fishing GOC Captain :greengrin

He will be off the 1st decent offer he is here to move on pure and simple

Correct, what about Matt Thornhill for Captain ? Good steady player and seems to organise them around him. Certainly cant be any worse than Murray/Hanlon

heretoday
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
For that 2 happen, i would want craig thomson 2 captain the yams, in all seriousness wouldnt say he was a leader

What's that about a scout leader?

MixuMac
06-07-2011, 03:00 PM
What's O'Hanlon been like? Is he a contender?!

Don't think he has played for us yet so hard to tell

bighairyfaeleith
06-07-2011, 03:03 PM
We need a captain who is likely to be around for more than one season and also likely to play every week. Givem GOC current fitness levels and injury history I think it would be a mistake to pick him as captain.

I understand the OP's reasoning and don't disagree with general idea of it but just think it's way too early to know how GOC will shape up at hibs, christ he might even be away in january for a fee.

Gettin' Auld
06-07-2011, 03:26 PM

GGTTH
No thanks........

hibee1994
06-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Im not keen on having strikers or goalkeepers as captains. First of all, communication would be much harder and strikers are naturally fairly selfish in terms of goals which is a bad quality for a captain (not true of all strikers)

I prefer midfielders or defenders to have the captains armband and i firmly believe it should be given to Sproule, or as i call him, Institution Ivan. He has a real passion for this club and is one of the most experienced yet calm players we have on this squad IMO. :not worth

Baldy Foghorn
06-07-2011, 09:42 PM

GGTTH

Never showed captaincy material last night after kicking out at an opposing player after being fouled, hardly leading by example is it

sixtwo
06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Garry would be a good choice. He is more experienced and has played at a higher level than any other player at the club. Maybe the captaincy would benefit him and the team. The responsibility that comes with being a captain may help him.

seven nowt
06-07-2011, 10:29 PM
He is still technically a new signing, and it is a massive kick in the teeth to good loyal servants like Hanlon and ofcourse Ian Murray.

"Oy, Skodje!, Gi'es the Ba!!"

Sodje: "Ok, Nae Bother Big man!

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2011, 08:01 AM
He is still technically a new signing, and it is a massive kick in the teeth to good loyal servants like Hanlon and ofcourse Ian Murray.

"Oy, Skodje!, Gi'es the Ba!!"

Sodje: "Ok, Nae Bother Big man!

Murray wont start many games IMO so I would leave him off captaincy duties......

Phil MaGlass
07-07-2011, 10:32 AM
GOC as captain, no thanks, as for as some put it make a mistake, its plural and its been regularly.
Good striker,Hibs man.
only here for the shop window.

spike220
07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
GOC as captain, no thanks, as for as some put it make a mistake, its plural and its been regularly.
Good striker,Hibs man.
only here for the shop window.

Aye its a good thing your no God then isnt it, with your wee calculator totting up the mistakes we all make!

Good Striker = Goals
Hibs Man = Passion
only here for the shop window = 110% effort

we cant go wrong then!

GGTTH

Phil MaGlass
08-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Aye we can all stick our head in the sand, model player,I think not, theres no doubting his passion or skill and that he will give 110%, captain no thanks.
A captain should be someone kids can look up to, doesnt come with baggage,(few and far between nowadays) and has the intention of staying more than one year.
As for god, sorry Im a non believer.

spike220
08-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Aye we can all stick our head in the sand, model player,I think not, theres no doubting his passion or skill and that he will give 110%, captain no thanks.
A captain should be someone kids can look up to, doesnt come with baggage,(few and far between nowadays) and has the intention of staying more than one year.
As for god, sorry Im a non believer.

Thats okay I will pray for you....:greengrin

spike220
21-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Sorry, to bump this thread backup form the past, but.... desperate times call for desperate measures.

Surely this is the time, if ever there was one to make GOC captian, he cares about hibs, it's in his blood. He has more to give I feel. Forget about the off the pitch stuff, this guy is pure class and can be a realinspiration on the pitch. Get into them GOC!

GGTTH

Albion Hibs
21-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Murray wont start many games IMO so I would leave him off captaincy duties......

What the same guy that has started every game and been probably one of our best players so far this season....yeah lets change it to some of the above-my personal favourite selection being Thornhill, the guy that gets canned every week and even shown the hook at half time.

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 09:06 AM
What the same guy that has started every game and been probably one of our best players so far this season....yeah lets change it to some of the above-my personal favourite selection being Thornhill, the guy that gets canned every week and even shown the hook at half time.

I did not think he would play every game, but the thing is, we have not 1 natural leader on the park, so Captain for me is irrelevant...

lucky
21-08-2011, 09:10 AM

Murray has not been one of our best players. He is part of the problem with the team. He is slow and cant get back to help the defencce and has little footballing ability to drive the team forward. Yes he gives 100% but sadly that is not enough. I would take GOC as captain. His performance so far have been the only highlight in an already dull season.