PDA

View Full Version : Golden Generation Part 2...

hibeeleicester
06-07-2011, 12:59 AM
...............At a ground near you soon?

Ive heard nothing but positives about our current youngsters. I seen them for myself and i can say, are we looking at another great crop of youngsters?

Booth - Fantastic
Horner - Has looked very good
Crawford - Has pace, something O'connor/Deek/Fletcher never had.
Smith - Strong and is good with the ball at his feet.
Antel - Looks confident is the perfect physique and was highly rated in Cardiff.
Taggart - Reminds me of whittaker
Welsh - Not seen much but high praises

Plus we also have the likes of Palsson(20), Wotherspoon (21), Hanlon (21), Galbraith (20), Thornhill (22), Stephens (19)

With the likely departure of CC i can see there being a silver lining, the fact the new manger will not have a great amount of time to capture all the players we need. This means the youngsters will be needed, and the new manger we bring in has to be the right man to do this. I think we have a great chance of developing these players.

We have 13 youngsters, lets say we develop them properly and sell them on average for 1 million. That could be alot of money going into our playing squad.

Would you be happy with another average season if it was these youngsters giving everything week in week out?

Sodje_18
06-07-2011, 02:10 AM

Ive heard nothing but positives about our current youngsters. I seen them for myself and i can say, are we looking at another great crop of youngsters?

Booth - Fantastic
Antel - Looks confident is the perfect physique and was highly rated in Cardiff.

Plus we also have the likes of Palsson(20), Wotherspoon (21), Hanlon (21), Galbraith (20), Thornhill (22), Stephens (19)

With the likely departure of CC i can see there being a silver lining, the fact the new manger will not have a great amount of time to capture all the players we need. This means the youngsters will be needed, and the new manger we bring in has to be the right man to do this. I think we have a great chance of developing these players.

We have 13 youngsters, lets say we develop them properly and sell them on average for 1 million. That could be alot of money going into our playing squad.

Would you be happy with another average season if it was these youngsters giving everything week in week out?
Define average? I'm assuming you mean about 6th? Then yes. However I wouldn't want to sell them on as we have an excellent infrastructure to our club I would like a bit of ambition in keeping these highly rated youngsters. I don't think there as good as the golden generation, but I am becoming less convinced about that everytime I see them play. Hopefully they all have a better attitude than the likes of Deek and co. did. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
06-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Problem with that is that the serial wrist slitters who love to greet about friendly defeats would destroy the young players confidence.

stoneyburn hibs
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM

Booth - Fantastic

the youngsters wouldnt do too badly i think , was really impressed with them last night, definitely we have a decent group of boys coming through

Spike Mandela
06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Problem with that is that the serial wrist slitters who love to greet about friendly defeats would destroy the young players confidence.

Equally the happy clappers could possibly build them up to be better than they are after a one half performance in a 2-1 defeat to a second division team.:confused:

FWIW my take on it all is the fact these young guys outshone our so called experienced first teamers sugest we ain't nowhere near equipped for the new season yet.

CC is already on record about farming the young guys out on loan so I presume he doesn't think we can pin our hopes on these guys for an SPL season.

Big Frank
06-07-2011, 11:57 AM

Booth - Fantastic

Good post, the future really could be bright for Hibernian.

But the bit I have highlighted makes me really sad. We could for example develop them properly and KEEP them.

Wow, there is a revelation! Keep our good players. Too many Hibernian fans are too into making cash rather than making a team. They say they are realistic. Do some stocks & shares if you want to make cash.

Me? I just want to see Hibernian playing good football and her players giving 100% each week.

We are a hibernating giant, I wish we would wake the **** up.

Franck is God
06-07-2011, 11:57 AM
A lot of footy experts will point at the spine of the side and say if it has quality then you are half way there.

Ours begins with Stack/Brown, Hanlon & O'Hanlon, Palsson & Thornhill with O'Connor & Sodje up top. We have pace down either side with Sproule & Galbraith and talented youngsters all over the place.

We have the makings of a very good team, it still needs one or two additions though. For me I'd like a better option than Ian Murray as cover for Hanlon and we do need another striker as you want an option for O'Connor & Sodje should one of them be injured or out of form.

500miles
06-07-2011, 12:06 PM
It's been blindingly obvious for years that our best chance of success is putting faith in our youth developement. Every player we sign in his "Prime" and with that expectation - Liam Miller, De Graff, Derek Riordan, Michael Hart - have not achieved what they should have in thier time here.
I hope that O'Connor and Sproule work out, and they stand a better chance than the others because of the O'Connor has already proven many of his critics wrong after Williamson left, and Sproule has a real passion fuelling his hunger for success.

Dashing Bob S
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
We're getting awfully excited and terribly pessimistic about a friendly at Livi.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 02:29 PM

But the bit I have highlighted makes me really sad. We could for example develop them properly and KEEP them.

Wow, there is a revelation! Keep our good players. Too many Hibernian fans are too into making cash rather than making a team. They say they are realistic. Do some stocks & shares if you want to make cash.

Me? I just want to see Hibernian playing good football and her players giving 100% each week.

In an ideal world Frank.

Hermit Crab
06-07-2011, 03:05 PM
We're getting awfully excited and terribly pessimistic about a friendly at Livi.

There's no real need to be down beat about last nights defeat as there was alot of good individual performances from the above named players last night. Scratch off the poor first half, but the 2nd half was almost completely controlled by Hibs other than a few breakaways by Livingston. Only poor finishing by Sodje (not that he was to blame for the defeat but he did miss a couple of sitters) some desperate Livingston defending at times and bad luck denied Hibs a draw at least.

I agree with the OP. There may be some good times ahead if we can nurture these young players properly and make them into first team regulars. :thumbsup::agree:

soproni1
06-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Great to see some real optimism - IMO its the only way to start every season

With a bit of luck we may get some of the great days/nights that the previous lot gave us from 05-08

brydekirk
06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
:top marks

leithsansiro
06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I feel fairly optimistic about the current crop of young guys coming through. Hibs are a team who, in recent years, have developed a good reputation for having exciting young players. Hopefully, the financial commitment given to the training centre, whether or not people feel the money should have been spent directly on playing staff, will come good.

At the back of my mind though is the nagging doubt that if any of the young guys mentioned here don't instantly turn out to be the new Scott Brown or Garry O'Connor, that people will get themselves all over anxious and start labelling them instead as Ross Chisholm wannabes.

Youth needs time to make mistakes and learn from them. None of these guys are going to carry a team in transition, so hopefully they can be moulded around a solid spine - which Stack, O'Hanlon, Palsson and O'Connor may be able to form. :agree:

It's nice to have talented young guys breaking into the team. When I first started watching Hibs, our bright young thing was Alex Miller's son! :rolleyes: