PDA

View Full Version : New signings..???

one day maybe...
05-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Are we looking at any or are we in limbo due to this managerial farce. If Calderwood is still identifying new players for Hibs then does that mean he wants to stay.. or has he been told no way hose until you state you are committed staying??
Its all hindering Hibs in the transfer market as far as I can see. Not even a whiff of a rumour relating to a new player lately.. :confused:

ivan03
05-07-2011, 01:30 PM
i believe there will be no more signings, budget has been spent!

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2011, 01:36 PM

This part of today's statement suggests otherwise -

" Like every manager, he wants to continually adjust his squad - and the work goes on with seven weeks still to the end of the summer transfer window"

jdships
05-07-2011, 02:28 PM
This part of today's statement suggests otherwise -

" Like every manager, he wants to continually adjust his squad - and the work goes on with seven weeks still to the end of the summer transfer window"

:top marks
And why shouldn't it ?
:thumbsup:

Aldo
05-07-2011, 02:33 PM

Wot on Ivan, O Connor and O Hanlon???

We just released loads of players..two of the top earners as well in Deek and Miller....so no the budget has not been spent.

Where have you heard this Ivan3

Cropley10
05-07-2011, 02:36 PM

:troll:

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 02:41 PM
I believe the money has dried up for the moment, Petrie wont give clueless another penny to spend.

Aldo
05-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I believe the money has dried up for the moment, Petrie wont give clueless another penny to spend.

:agree:

BH totally agree with you on this one. The sooner things are sorted the better...if a new man comes in I wonder if he will be given any of the compo money to spend???

CentreLine
05-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I beleve we have an excellent manager who has a team that is work in progress. I believe Birmingham and Nots F both chasing our manager is a clear indication of axactly the value of CC to our club. And I believe RP recognises that and will support CC in his making more signings.

What I can't believe is the number of people that are so expert in the game of football that they have a better eye for a coach than Chris Hughton or Steve McLearn. Clearly they recognise that CC is not clueless. RP also recognises that on behalf of our club when he recognises that CC has only begun to work with his own signings since the winter transfer window. I think the clueless ones are our fans who can't see past instant results.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2011, 03:03 PM
They both want him as a no.2 not as a manager. Maybe folk are not as clueless as you imply.

Aldo
05-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I beleve we have an excellent manager who has a team that is work in progress. I believe Birmingham and Nots F both chasing our manager is a clear indication of axactly the value of CC to our club. And I believe RP recognises that and will support CC in his making more signings.

What I can't believe is the number of people that are so expert in the game of football that they have a better eye for a coach than Chris Hughton or Steve McLearn. Clearly they recognise that CC is not clueless. RP also recognises that on behalf of our club when he recognises that CC has only begun to work with his own signings since the winter transfer window. I think the clueless ones are our fans who can't see past instant results.

CL spot on matey. I think the wee run we went on not losing in wot was it 8 and winning 7 and drawing 1 showed wot he can do. I have not doubt that he is an excellent manager/coach (and the above run proved that. Let down by the players during the split) however his commitment to the club is now being judged by the fans after this latest managerial debacle.

He has not said anything (maybe its a good thing) but what I will say is that as soon as either Brum or Forest meet Rods evaluation then he will be off.

I do think he would of done an excellent job and you can see that in the signings of Pallsson, Thornhill, Sodje and Towell that he has an eye for a player.

I have a feeling that this will come to a head in the next few days. (or at least I hope it does anyway.) We shall see

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 03:28 PM
[/B]

CL spot on matey. I think the wee run we went on not losing in wot was it 8 and winning 7 and drawing 1 showed wot he can do. I have not doubt that he is an excellent manager/coach (and the above run proved that. Let down by the players during the split) however his commitment to the club is now being judged by the fans after this latest managerial debacle.

He has not said anything (maybe its a good thing) but what I will say is that as soon as either Brum or Forest meet Rods evaluation then he will be off.

I do think he would of done an excellent job and you can see that in the signings of Pallsson, Thornhill, Sodje and Towell that he has an eye for a player.

I have a feeling that this will come to a head in the next few days. (or at least I hope it does anyway.) We shall see

What did the wee run before February, and the we run after February say about him, his 7 signings and the drop in crowds?

Bayern Bru
05-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I could sit down and list the players Hibs have signed in the last 10 years who the fans have had no idea about, but I'm working at 6pm and so don't have the time.

But, just because there's nothing obvious, doesn't necessarily mean there isn't anything at all...

GreenPJ
05-07-2011, 03:46 PM
[/B]

Wot on Ivan, O Connor and O Hanlon???

We just released loads of players..two of the top earners as well in Deek and Miller....so no the budget has not been spent.

Where have you heard this Ivan3

I thought the transfer budget was based on season ticket sales so releasing players has very little to do with the budget?

GreenPJ
05-07-2011, 03:49 PM
What did the wee run before February, and the we run after February say about him, his 7 signings and the drop in crowds?

It says we needed to get to close season quickly and get rid of the 50%+ of the squad who were leaving as that could not have been a good environment for other players or manager/coaches to work in.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 03:59 PM

The wee run before February told us that we had a bunch of players that were no good - either individually or as a team. A lot of them were punted at the end of the season, much to the delight of many posters on here.

The wee run after February - I don't know what to make of that at all. I'm not happy with the results we got. If I'm going to give CC credit for the results in February then I would be unbalanced to say that he was blameless for the results afterward, and I'm not going to do that. Why did the run not continue? I don't know. I think it's probably a combination of lots of things including the oft-mentioned.....heads going down, nothing to play for, experimentation and Stack's injury. CC was not blameless though. I read a post on here that I agreed with (age ago).....if our abysmal finish to the season was the sacrifice we had to make to ensure that the correct players were punted / kept, it wasn't a horrific sacrifice to make. Yes, we lost some money by slipping down to 10th (10th - 7th = ???). Yes, the fans were pissed off watching a crappy team limp into he close-season. Yes, finishing on a 5-game winning steak *might* have made the fans happier (although I am fairly confident the usual suspects would be around, daggers drawn).

I'm not trying to say that CC showed us enough to be hailed as the next great thing but he did show us that he has ability. Why people don't want to give a man a chance to build upon that and show us that he can step up the pace is beyond me.

around and around we go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgX6qlJEMc)

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I think this explains the inactivity in the transfer market. (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_7020920,00.html)

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2011, 04:35 PM
We've been waiting on tevez becoming available?

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 04:41 PM
We've been waiting on tevez becoming available?

Yup. It's the only possible explanation. :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Yup. It's the only possible explanation. :thumbsup:

Nah, he's not Hibs class :wink:

sahib
05-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Are we looking at any or are we in limbo due to this managerial farce. If Calderwood is still identifying new players for Hibs then does that mean he wants to stay.. or has he been told no way hose until you state you are committed staying??
Its all hindering Hibs in the transfer market as far as I can see. Not even a whiff of a rumour relating to a new player lately.. :confused:

I'm not bothered. I hope we see some home grown talent emerge.

IWasThere2016
05-07-2011, 07:32 PM

We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent :dunno:

Expecting Rain
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
I wouldn`t want the Hibs job at this moment in time, just take one look at the squad and that is enough to make you inconsolable irrespective of frendly results.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 11:38 PM
We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent :dunno:

Livingston 2 Hibs 1 Count the new players the present incumbent signed.

Septimus
06-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Calderwood's silence on the matter of his future is reason enough to suppose that he does not see it at Hibs. He may be the world's best motivater of men and an expert in spotting talent but if he is not 100% committed that does not really matter.

Clearly we are holding out for the maximum compensation at the cost of what could be a fruitful pre season campaign.

IWasThere2016
06-07-2011, 06:06 AM
Livingston 2 Hibs 1 Count the new players the present incumbent signed.

:faf: it is pre-season John.

How's the job-hunting?

JohnScott
06-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Blackpool don't you despair at well meaning fans who think everything will be OK if CC relents and pledges his devotion to the Hibees. Some of the guff being quoted is getting ridiculous. Family considerations? Didn't they exist at Newcastle. Can't he afford to commute on the Edinburgh to East midlands route. Half an hour from EM and he'd be back in the house.
The question that really needs answered is straightforward, what has changed behind the scenes at er to make him consider another job. Petries point about Yogi was obviously for Calderwood and wasn't in the least bit relevant to his pop at Forrest. You rightly said CC wasn't whiter than white. Neither is the Hibs board. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive to the extreme.

Speedway
06-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Blackpool don't you despair at well meaning fans who think everything will be OK if CC relents and pledges his devotion to the Hibees. Some of the guff being quoted is getting ridiculous. Family considerations? Didn't they exist at Newcastle. Can't he afford to commute on the Edinburgh to East midlands route. Half an hour from EM and he'd be back in the house.
The question that really needs answered is straightforward, what has changed behind the scenes at er to make him consider another job. Petries point about Yogi was obviously for Calderwood and wasn't in the least bit relevant to his pop at Forrest. You rightly said CC wasn't whiter than white. Neither is the Hibs board. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive to the extreme.

John, don't you despair at all the crying that is done on here since it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the outcome one way or another?

Aldo
06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Calderwood's silence on the matter of his future is reason enough to suppose that he does not see it at Hibs. He may be the world's best motivater of men and an expert in spotting talent but if he is not 100% committed that does not really matter.

Clearly we are holding out for the maximum compensation at the cost of what could be a fruitful pre season campaign.

Quote from todays daily record regarding his future

"There have been a couple of approaches from clubs but they have not been to the satisfaction of the chairman. A lot as been spoken about but nothing has changed since 10 days ago. I want my future sorted out and everyone wants to know what my future is but it is shrouded in question marks as always"

and the best bit for me

"It all depends on a YES from the chairman

For that there is no way back and he can GTF. Not interested in staying and is blaming RP for the indecision etc. You signed the contract after getting the job CC and it is you that wants to leave (from those comments anyway).

The only person that has hampered the pre season and the club is CC IMHO. All RP is doing is looking after the club and he wants whats right compensation for being let down by the man he hired to do the job.

CC you should take a look at yourself in the mirror because all of this negativity and lack of commitment to the club will have an adverse affect on the players.

Go and get yir coat and get on a plane or take a train and say cheerio to Edinburgh. I really did think he would do a job by my faith in him is gone.

Dalianwanda
06-07-2011, 11:16 AM

with the post above...oops

Mikey
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I can't believe none of the usual suspects have been on this thread telling us that it doesn't matter who the manager is as Petrie and Lindsay make the signings.

C'mon chaps, how's about a bit of consistency with your fantasy.

Cropley10
06-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I can't believe none of the usual suspects have been on this thread telling us that it doesn't matter who the manager is as Petrie and Lindsay make the signings.

I think the line is that the manager identifies the targets and the Board then pursue these and do the negotiations etc.

Fact is Calderwood's targets are no longer being pursued, he's said as much, hasn't he?

I'd hoped we were looking at a new manager and his targets, but i think that's wishful thinking on my part.

Aldo
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I think the line is that the manager identifies the targets and the Board then pursue these and do the negotiations etc.

Fact is Calderwood's targets are no longer being pursued, he's said as much, hasn't he?

I'd hoped we were looking at a new manager and his targets, but i think that's wishful thinking on my part.

You never know whats going on behind the scene Crops. I do think this..that Rodders is aware that he is away but wont be a push over. I personally think that as soon as this is sorted then the new manager will be in even before CC seat gets slightly cool.

I also think that Rod knows exactly who he wants and everything will already be in place. You never know we may even be persusing the new mans targets...not wishful thinking mate.

Cropley10
06-07-2011, 04:52 PM
[/B]

You never know whats going on behind the scene Crops. I do think this..that Rodders is aware that he is away but wont be a push over. I personally think that as soon as this is sorted then the new manager will be in even before CC seat gets slightly cool.

I also think that Rod knows exactly who he wants and everything will already be in place. You never know we may even be persusing the new mans targets...not wishful thinking mate.

:aok: gotta keep the faith Aldo... RP needs to pull a rabbit out the hat, that's for sure, pulling one off under pressure someone (badly) described it previously...!

Aldo
06-07-2011, 04:59 PM
:aok: gotta keep the faith Aldo... RP needs to pull a rabbit out the hat, that's for sure, pulling one off under pressure someone (badly) described it previously...!

Mate

Keeping the faith like I have done every season since 1978 (when I went to my first game).

I actually feel quite sorry for RP and the board as they thought they had a manager that was committed to the cause...obviously not the cause.

I am sure Rod and the board will pull someone in the not so distant future and I am sure he will ensure they are commited to the cause.

GG

matty_f
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Why ignore what is being said about family considerations (which, by the way, I imagine you know the square root of f-all about CC's family situation, the same as the rest of us), and instead insist that it's problems behind the scenes?

I'm amazed at the amount of folk who are giving it the big 'I don't buy the family situation stuff'. What possible position of credibility can anyone make statements like that without knowing what is happening in CC's personal life, which none of us have any right to know about?

3pm
06-07-2011, 05:22 PM

Who are these people you refer to?

SlickShoes
07-07-2011, 08:32 AM
We have only brought in 3 players and got rid of a whole squads worth. Season starts in two weeks and we don't appear to be in the process of trying to sign anyone! It is a bit worrying.

Spike Mandela
07-07-2011, 08:41 AM
We have only brought in 3 players and got rid of a whole squads worth. Season starts in two weeks and we don't appear to be in the process of trying to sign anyone! It is a bit worrying.

Typical Hibs. Let a lot of contracts expire, give the manager a blank canvas to work on in this window and we make a right pigs ear of it.

I don't know or care whose fault it is we just need it sorted asap and get back to the business of building up the squad to deal with the season ahead.

IWasThere2016
07-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Typical Hibs. Let a lot of contracts expire, give the manager a blank canvas to work on in this window and we make a right pigs ear of it.

I don't know or care whose fault it is we just need it sorted asap and get back to the business of building up the squad to deal with the season ahead.

:agree: And we have a tough start - Cellic, Yams and away to ICT and Killie where we don't do well in the first 5 games!!! PETRIE! :grr:

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 08:44 AM
:faf: it is pre-season John.

How's the job-hunting?

Aye it is pre season, although under clueless are in a worse state now, and in turmoil with the new season only 2 weeks away.

Fantastic.

IWasThere2016
07-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Aye it is pre season, although under clueless are in a worse state now, and in turmoil with the new season only 2 weeks away.

Fantastic.

I know we should get Mastermind back.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I know we should get Mastermind back.

Really.

J-C
07-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Looks pretty obvious that no new signings will be made till this nonsense with the manager is sorted, any new boss will want his own signings.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Looks pretty obvious that no new signings will be made till this nonsense with the manager is sorted, any new boss will want his own signings.

:agree: And thats why i say Calderwood is knowingly making our club suffer. We will be missing out on players, either by not going for them or them not wanting to commit.

EasterRoad4Ever
07-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Ok, here is my take on it. RP is trying to squeeze as much as he can out of the CC move. This is driven to a large extent by the collapse in season ticket sales. So while many Hibs fans think there is plenty more to spend on wages given the removal of so many players including high earners like Deek and Miller, the fall in revenue probably means there is no more money. The delay in settling the CC farce gives RP the perfect excuse he needs not to spend more money in this window and to get a very cheap Manager in for the new season.

We cannot underestimate the impact the the collapse in ST sales has had on the club. And why do I have the feeling that Petrie actually prefers it like tihat?

marinello59
07-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Ok, here is my take on it. RP is trying to squeeze as much as he can out of the CC move. This is driven to a large extent by the collapse in season ticket sales. So while many Hibs fans think there is plenty more to spend on wages given the removal of so many players including high earners like Deek and Miller, the fall in revenue probably means there is no more money. The delay in settling the CC farce gives RP the perfect excuse he needs not to spend more money in this window and to get a very cheap Manager in for the new season.

We cannot underestimate the impact the the collapse in ST sales has had on the club. And why do I have the feeling that Petrie actually prefers it like tihat?

Are you being serious with that comment? Geez.

GreenPJ
07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
:agree: And thats why i say Calderwood is knowingly making our club suffer. We will be missing out on players, either by not going for them or them not wanting to commit.

Calderwood is effectvely saying the decision to stay or go lies with the Chairman. If the clubs had agreed compensation he would have been away at the same time he doesn't want to just resign (at least just now) and go through the legal route either because a) his integrity won't let him or b) he doesn't want to incur the cost.

Petrie at the same time is trying to ensure that any compensation to be made covers the inconvenience factor of losing a manager that they did not want to lose and cover the potential cost of trying to recruit a new one. As a fan base we would go mad if Petrie let him go for a smaller amount that would then restrict who we could get as manager or ultimately stop the new manager from bringing in the quality/number of players he/we wanted.

cocopops1875
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Has there been an official collapse in ticket sales ?