View Full Version : Club Release Statement regarding Colin Calderwood

Pages : [1] 2

marinello59
05-07-2011, 09:53 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110705/club-update_2262950_2386569

Hibstrooper
05-07-2011, 09:57 AM

Well done to the club for stating its position.

Are they fighting a losing battle though?

Wee dig at Hughes in there too!

Beefster
The best statement that I've ever seen come out of ER. To the point, factual and with a bit of emotion. Well done, Rodders. A shot across the bows of Nottingham Forest, Calderwood, McClaren and their agent.

As for this bit.....

"We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent."

Ouch.

CallumLaidlaw
Quite a strong statement from RP. And I like the mention of the photo, and only "official" approach.

No mention of the Mafia tho????

Aldo
05-07-2011, 09:59 AM
TBH creating a smokescreen.

I want the best compensation we can get but whats the point in having a manager thats heart is not at the club....that for me causes doubt in his players minds as they will think he is not committed to the cause.

This will rub off on the players...yes the board has produced a statement but I doesnt wear with me....we are not stupid and we know that he is still the manager however he is a manager that is clearly not happy and that for me needs to be addressed

Producing a statement like this for me is pointless...we all know that they will back the man cause they hire him but lets get this sorted once and for all and when I hear it from CC then thats when I will be happy with the situation.

FWIW he is still going its just a matter of time (or when compensation is agreed)

My opinion.

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2011, 10:01 AM
TBH creating a smokescreen. If its about the money Rodders (and I am a RP fan) then you should be ashamed.

I want the best compensation we can get but whats the point in having a manager thats heart is not at the club....that for me causes doubt in his players minds as they will think he is not committed to the cause.

Time for RP and the board to be honest with the fans and tell them exactly what is happening and not producing stats and yes he is still the manager of Hibernian Football Club. This is insulting TBH.

Rantish over

Reads to me that they are telling us exactly whats happening. Including when Forest made their only official phonecall.

Cabbage East
05-07-2011, 10:01 AM
He's going, we're just making things difficult. Fair enough, we have no obligation to release our manager so he can take a step down to a second tier league for a second tier position.

pacorosssco
05-07-2011, 10:02 AM

'We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent. Colin has added to the core of the team he signed in January. Like every manager, he wants to continually adjust his squad - and the work goes on with seven weeks still to the end of the summer transfer window.'

Is this a dog at Yogi. Below the belt from Rod as he employed him and as I understand contracts at Hibernian are not handled by the manager. A poor article and as I take it maybe more an open letter to CC and Notts Forrest .

You cant take isolated results as form rest of the time was dire.

Poor statement for me by the club.

LancsHibs

:hmmm:Looks like he may be staying. The quote about the 'Previous Incumbent' was a bit strong:eek:

GloryGlory
TBH creating a smokescreen. If its about the money Rodders (and I am a RP fan) then you should be ashamed.

Time for RP and the board to be honest with the fans and tell them exactly what is happening and not producing stats and yes he is still the manager of Hibernian Football Club. This is insulting TBH.

Rantish over

Do you know that for sure? Sounds to me like Hibs (and RP) haven't given up hope of persuading CC to stay - and maybe CC has given indications that he's not himself sure what his next step should be, stay or go. So maybe still all to play for!

Beefster

Rantish over

If Forest have only made one approach and it was rejected (unless you think Rodders is lying), what makes you think it about money? Maybe Rodders is telling the truth and they genuinely don't want to lose another manager?

Just because the press (and 'in the know' posters on here) have been saying that negotiations have been ongoing for weeks doesn't make it true.

Hibstrooper

Rantish over

I see it as the exact opposite actually. I think it is quite frank and honest giving a clear and strong indication of the clubs position.

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 10:03 AM
:hmmm:Looks like he may be staying. The quote about the 'Previous Incumbent' was a bit strong:eek:

Yes - wonder what that means. Players he signed? The way he conducted team affairs (e.g. training at EM)? The reports he gave to the Board? His lack of tactical knowledge? Some or all of the above?

stevej
05-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow

The mysterious third man we always assumed was Bill Beswick who always works with McClaren

Is your chairman guessing this is the agent - if not why describe him as the "mysterious third man" ?

If they do indeed share the same agent that explains a lot about what has been going on lately

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 10:04 AM
The current speculation is frustrating, but I know that every Hibernian supporter will be right behind the team and right behind the Hibernian manager. Think that bit will be wishful thinking after this episode if that manager is still Calderwood

Stevie Reid
05-07-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure what to make of this tbh. I quite like the strong tone, but the dig at Yogi (however accurate it may be), is pretty classless - maybe Rodders is upset at Yogi speaking out about O'Connor and Sproule.

Strange also that the agent is getting blamed here - McLaren was on SSN last night speaking about Calderwood, and surely it wouldn't have taken much research to find that out.

The selective statistics are a bit naughty, Calderwood's record as Hibs manager is appalling thus far (though that certainly doesn't mean it can't improve) - I was happy for him to lead us into the new campaign as late as last week - I still think it's best that he goes. However, there is surely no chance of Alan Irvine being appointed the day after that statement was released.

s.a.m
Reads to me that they are telling us exactly whats happening. Including when Forest made their only official phonecall.

Reads to me like someone's hacked Rod's account.:dunno::greengrin

Beefster
Wow

The mysterious third man we always assumed was Bill Beswick who always works with McClaren

Is your chairman guessing this is the agent - if not why describe him as the "mysterious third man" ?

If they do indeed share the same agent that explains a lot about what has been going on lately

Rodders will have met the agent on numerous occasions so I'm fairly sure he will know for certain (and he's probably discussed it with Calderwood).

He'll have said 'mysterious third man' as a reference to all the speculation on the Web (with no-one knowing).

silverhibee
The best statement that I've ever seen come out of ER. To the point, factual and with a bit of emotion. Well done, Rodders. A shot across the bows of Nottingham Forest, Calderwood, McClaren and their agent.

As for this bit.....

"We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent."
Ouch.

This will have more to do with what the incumbent has said since he has left the club in his interviews and time doing his bit with the BBC Sportsound, he is very bitter about losing the Hibs job, but he should never have got the gig in the first place. :aok:

s.a.m
05-07-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure what to make of this tbh. I quite like the strong tone, but the dig at Yogi (however accurate it may be), is pretty classless - maybe Rodders is upset at Yogi speaking out about O'Connor and Sproule.

Strange also that the agent is getting blamed here - McLaren was on SSN last night speaking about Calderwood, and surely it wouldn't have taken much research to find that out.

The selective statistics are a bit naughty, Calderwood's record as Hibs manager is appalling thus far, though that certainly doesn't mean it can't improve. Was happy for him to lead us into the new campaign as late as last week - I still think it's best that he goes. However, there is surely no chance of Alan Irvine being appointed the day after that statement was released.

Doesn't communicate very often / has to cover all bases in one statement?

Beefster
05-07-2011, 10:09 AM
This will have more to do with what the incumbent has said since he has left the club in his interviews and time doing his bit with the BBC Sportsound, he is very bitter about losing the Hibs job, but he should never have got the gig in the first place. :aok:

It's about time that the club starting responding to stuff like this too. It's all very well being professional but there comes a point when the club needs to defend itself.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2011, 10:10 AM
If nobody has been given permission to talk to the manager surely those bags of sweets he was offered could turn out to be very expensive!

GloryGlory
Wow

Maybe that just Rod's touch of irony (or sarcasm). Meaning he's telling everyone that Hibs are well aware of what's been going on.

Stevie Reid
If Forest have only made one approach and it was rejected (unless you think Rodders is lying), what makes you think it about money? Maybe Rodders is telling the truth and they genuinely don't want to lose another manager?

Just because the press (and 'in the know' posters on here) have been saying that negotiations have been ongoing for weeks doesn't make it true.

I think the creative use of the stats shows that Petrie undoubtedly doesn't want to lose Calderwood after the backing he has been given.

How anyone can complain about a lack of information or the truth after that statement is beyond me - this is entirely new ground for Hibs.

marinello59
05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
So despite all the bluster from Mclaren and others in the know no actual negotiation has taken place. It looks like Petrie has signalled it's time for the gloves to come off. I don't remember reading anything quite that strong on the Official Site before.

SteveHFC
05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
I still want CC to go!

Aldo
05-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I see it as the exact opposite actually. I think it is quite frank and honest giving a clear and strong indication of the clubs position.

Troops..... the clubs position is that CC is still the manager.

From my view the position is that we have a manager who is apparently not happy at the club and is missing his family who live down south. There are possibly 2 clubs vying for his services and he has not yet come out and said he is commited to Hibs.

Yes he is STILL the manager however that for me is only on paper. I appreciate others opinions on this but it has taken the club what 10 days or so to come out with a statement... they ahve told us someone that we already know.....he is still the manager....my question is

For how long????

Lets face it we are all unhappy with what is going on and TBH this statement changes nothing for me.

I have a feeling the next time CC has anything to say to the press it will be to be confirmed as a new assistant manager.

Andy74
05-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Reads to me like someone's hacked Rod's account.:dunno::greengrin

Wow. Most unlike Rod and Hibs.

I'm a bit depressed that we might well have to keep him though!

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Petrie will have made the decision this has gone on too long. It needs to stop now, and they have to pay what we want. I dont want him managing Hibs next season, and this playing hardball could come back and bite us on the arse.

Calderwood wants to go, FFS he's had enough time looking at the sweeties to make his mind up.

They have to pay now, Calderwoods never going to get a fair chance back at Hibs, anyone who thinks he will is deluding themselves. The first time results go against us we all know the abuse he will get, there's no point denying it?

This for me is petrie telling them, both Calderwood and Forest times up, make your decisions now.

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 10:15 AM

Are you suggesting that Petrie is lying?

H18sry
05-07-2011, 10:16 AM

:top marks

Frazerbob
05-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Quality statement from oor Rod. A nice dig at Yogi, a GTF to Forest & McLaren and an obvious attempt to force any vultures circling to pay maximum compo. Now, we all know that he (and the majority of the fans) really want CC to GTF ASAP so we can get a decent manager in who actually wants to be here. Well played Rod!

IWasThere2016
05-07-2011, 10:18 AM

It's about time that the club starting responding to stuff like this too. It's all very well being professional but there comes a point when the club needs to defend itself.

:agree:

Now that's LEADERSHIP! This is what we need at this time!

Overdue no doubt but these are strong words with sentiment and commitment :top marks

A clear message to NF and Brum - if you want CC - you will have to pay! :top marks

Glad to see the reference - "the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent" .. OUCH! Five star ouch. Hopefully, the haver will now shut the eff up! :bye:

Well done RP! :top marks

Removed
05-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I think it's just a public put up or shut up to Forest.

Doesn't solve the problem about CC's personal situation though.

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Petrie will have made the decision this has gone on too long. It needs to stop now, and they have to pay what we want. I dont want him managing Hibs next season, and this playing hardball could come back and bite us on the arse.

Petrie wants an end to this, he obviously rates Calderwood and wants him to stay.

Calderwood wants to go, FFS he's had enough time looking at the sweeties to make his mind up.

Tough shiit, he signed a good contract with a release clause. If no-one is willing to fork up then Calderwood will just have to put up with his good contract.

They have to pay now, Calderwoods never going to get a fair chance back at Hibs, anyone who thinks he will is deluding themselves. The first time results go against us we all know the abuse he will get, there's no point denying it?

It's the same with any manager, the boo-boo fuds are always ready to have a pop.

This for me is petrie telling them, both Calderwood and Forest times up, make your decisions now.

Loved his pop at Hughes. Well deserved. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
05-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Did Vlad help Rod when writing this. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
So despite all the bluster from Mclaren and others in the know no actual negotiation has taken place. It looks like Petrie has signalled it's time for the gloves to come off. I don't remember reading anything quite that strong on the Official Site before.

I think negotiations will certainly have taken place, Hibs wont have a scooby whats been said between Calderwood and Shteve and their agent.

They are decietful people, but it is football we know it goes on. I agree this is Petrie flexing his muscles, he knows this has to end now and the bull**** about his winning February is just that imo, Petrie playing poker, i dont believe he wants him back, he cant trust that man anymore imo.

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Troops..... the clubs position is that CC is still the manager.

From my view the position is that we have a manager who is apparently not happy at the club and is missing his family who live down south. There are possibly 2 clubs vying for his services and he has not yet come out and said he is commited to Hibs.

Yes he is STILL the manager however that for me is only on paper. I appreciate others opinions on this but it has taken the club what 10 days or so to come out with a statement... they ahve told us someone that we already know.....he is still the manager....my question is

For how long????

Lets face it we are all unhappy with what is going on and TBH this statement changes nothing for me.

I have a feeling the next time CC has anything to say to the press it will be to be confirmed as a new assistant manager.

Or to give his resignation statement with the old "spend more time with my family" excuse.

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I think negotiations will certainly have taken place, Hibs wont have a scooby whats been said between Calderwood and Shteve and their agent.

They are decietful people, but it is football we know it goes on. I agree this is Petrie flexing his muscles, he knows this has to end now and the bull**** about his winning February is just that imo, Petrie playing poker, i dont believe he wants him back, he cant trust that man anymore imo.

:agree: the put up or shut up gambit writ large. "You know the compo figure in his contract. Pay up or shut up".

hibsbollah
05-07-2011, 10:23 AM

As for this bit.....

Ouch.

Agree. Rods come out fighting and deserves credit.

Aldo
05-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Are you suggesting that Petrie is lying?

666 NO just being economic with the truth.

Ie He was the man who hired him so he has to be seen to be backing him
until its over one way or another.

I personally think RP will be hurting a bit and let down by CC. Family comes first so WTF did CC take a job in Scotland whilst his family is still settled and living down south??? There is always going to be a problem with that IMHO.

Hibtastic
It'll be interesting to see if CC is at the Livingston game and whether he will give any post-match interviews.

blackpoolhibs
Petrie wants an end to this, he obviously rates Calderwood and wants him to stay.

I dont think so, yes he wants it to end but with him gone imo

Tough shiit, he signed a good contract with a release clause. If no-one is willing to fork up then Calderwood will just have to put up with his good contract.

Contracts, worth whatever anyone will offer to buy it out.

It's the same with any manager, the boo-boo fuds are always ready to have a pop.

Yip, but this one has not helped himself one bit. He's a lame duck and will split the club, fans if he's forced to stay. It wont happen imo

Loved his pop at Hughes. Well deserved. :thumbsup:

Well he did appoint him, even after he'd poured a glass of red wine over his head. :greengrin

Vini1875
05-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Well done RP. I believe Rod is a very cautious man and I doubt he would have issued such a statement if he did not truly believe that CC was staying. As we have seen often Hibs don't conduct business through the media, but clearly the speculation is doing harm.

If CC has said to Rod that he is happy to stay and Hibs have clearly said we want him to stay, then the next move is for CC to issue a clear statement that he will be with Hibs for this campaign and so putting all the stories and rumours to bed. Whatever is going on CC and RP must be singing from the same hymn sheet.

Hard to believe that RP would put his neck out like this just to up the anti as far as gaining more compensation. This statement suggests CC is staying.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2011, 10:26 AM
FFS! I'm never going to be Rods biggest fan, the silence on this issue has been deafening, so, he makes a to the point statement and some folk are accusing him of telling porkies!

It seems quite obvious a lot of stuff has been going on behind the clubs back if numerous quotes are to be believed which leaves CC in a now untenable position.

The Voice Of Reason
05-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Very interesting statement from the club.

My translation of it is as follows :-

"We genuinely don't want to lose Calderwood, however everyone has a price, so Notts Forest - you need to pay up or shut up.

Case closed!

P.S Yogi was sh*te and CC inherited his mess"

Aldo
05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
At the end of the day I dont give a flying **** about any other team. We have a manager that is not happy and RP is playing hardball and has now laid his cards on the table. Basically reading between the lines if you want him you will have to pay for him.

This cannot drag on and on. This will push fans away from the club.

We cannot have a manager that is not committed to the cause and as in a previous post will rub off on the players.

He will be going and for me that will be a good thing. (and the only thing that could happen now IMHO)

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
FFS! I'm never going to be Rods biggest fan, the silence on this issue has been deafening, so, he makes a to the point statement and some folk are accusing him of telling porkies!

It seems quite obvious a lot of stuff has been going on behind the clubs back if numerous quotes are to be believed which leaves CC in a now untenable position.

Rod will have seen this has gone on too long. This is Petrie saying enough is enough.

Its a gamble though, as i agree Calderwoods position is untenable.

Hibs On Tour
05-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Fair play to Rodders with that statement. He, for all his faults, clearly *does* have the best interests of the club at heart and is clearly as ****ed off as all of us about how long this pish has dragged on for. A shot across Forest/Brum's bows - pay us what we want or **** off - and most likely one across CC's too - if you want away, get them to ante up. Reckon that its poker as he knows CC is wanting away and he's trying to ensure things get sorted out ASAP.

Well played RP.

Just a pity our ****ing manager couldn't come out with such a statement of committment to our club...

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Well he did appoint him, even after he'd poured a glass of red wine over his head. :greengrin

True, and kept him in post for too long as well.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Fair play to Rodders with that statement. He, for all his faults, clearly *does* have the best interests of the club at heart and is clearly as ****ed off as all of us about how long this pish has dragged on for. A shot across Forest/Brum's bows - pay us what we want or **** off - and most likely one across CC's too - if you want away, get them to ante up. Reckon that its poker as he knows CC is wanting away and he's trying to ensure things get sorted out ASAP.

Well played RP.

Just a pity our ****ing manager couldn't come out with such a statement of committment to our club...

Its much much too late for that imo.

Removed
05-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Rod will have seen this has gone on too long. This is Petrie saying enough is enough.

Its a gamble though, as i agree Calderwoods position is untenable.

So if neither Forest or Brum cough up the required compo what option does CC have? Worst case scenario for him then.

Golden Bear
05-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I'd still like to think that CC would continue as Manager and all he has to do is to issue a personal statement saying he has no intention of leaving etc etc.

His silence is baffling which makes me think that it is still only a matter of time before he does leave.

It's a far from satisfactory state of affairs despite the Club's official statement.

SlickShoes
05-07-2011, 10:35 AM

"We genuinely don't want to lose Calderwood, however everyone has a price, so Notts Forest - you need to pay up or shut up.

Case closed!

Yep thats what i read too, it was a good statement.

.Sean.
05-07-2011, 10:35 AM
What an undignified comment from Petrie regarding Yogi. Lacking of a shred of class and uncalled for, does he forget that he's been involved in the selection process of these 'previous incumbents'?

Petrie, YOU are the one constant of the last dozen managerial appointments so if you want to blame someone then by all means blame yourself and don't hide behind a scapegoat.

I'm sick of Petrie. This proud club needs a huge overhaul, starting at the very top. You're time's up, you're tea's oot etc etc, do the rightful thing and leave our club. Andf take 9alderewood, yet another duff appointment from yourself, with you.

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 10:36 AM
So if neither Forest or Brum cough up the required compo what option does CC have? Worst case scenario for him then.

He resigns and if he then joins Brum/NFFC, Hibs have to take their case to whatever tribunal the SFA/FA have to sort out contractual disputes.

Part/Time Supporter
Did Vlad help Rod when writing this. :greengrin

Rod's statement distinctly lacked a pop at Gary Mackay.

LancashireHibby

Unless he's stubborn as hell, I think CC must realise that his position is untenable now. Worst case scenario for HFC would be failing to reach an agreement with Forest or Brum, CC refusing to resign and end up having to sack him and pay up the rest of his contract. I hope it doesn't come to that and to be honest I think there will be a happy medium somewhere along the line in terms of his 'transfer fee'.

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
So if neither Forest or Brum cough up the required compo what option does CC have? Worst case scenario for him then.and for us IMO, we have a manager that disnae want tae be here.

Removed
05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
He resigns and if he then joins Brum/NFFC, Hibs have to take their case to whatever tribunal the SFA/FA have to sort out contractual disputes.

That's what is baffling me, why hasn't he just done that already?

roondheid
05-07-2011, 10:39 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_7021191,00.html

Forest increase their efforts?

Apparently "He wants to come here and it is the only place he wants to come."

If true, he has to go..:taxi

Part/Time Supporter

Because Forest know that with all that has gone on they would almost certainly lose any case, and would end up having to pay the full price anyway.

blackpoolhibs

I agree, its a huge risk imo. I admire Rod for doing this, it needs sorting now. As much as Rod has said there's been no contact between the clubs, he will know whats on offer, Calderwood will know whats on offer. Its obviously not enough, and this is Rods way of telling them it needs sorted now.

If it all goes tits up, and clueless has to stay, it WILL cause trouble at the club, and definetly in the stands, he will get slaughtered as soon as results dont go our way.

Petrie knows this, his poker face needs to be very good today for all our sakes.

HibeeSince85
05-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Petrie can't win, stay quiet and he is accused of leaving us in the dark! Come out with this beauty and it's pointless, telling us nowt!

well done RP, at least we're fighting, strong statement from Hibs there.

Big Frank
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Well done Rod :agree:

Plenty Hibs fans moaning about lack of leadership at easter road, that the silence is deafening. Well now those same fans can shut the **** up as the club has stated its position.

And those getting in a state about the dig at Hughes, dry yer eyes FFS. Hughes left Hibs in the ****, has been digging Hibs since he left.

The other clubs involved are under no illusions, you want Colin Calderwood, you pay whats rightfully due. FFS Birmingham are wanting £5,000,000 for GJP!!!!

I would rather see CC leave personally, as this has gone on too long, and I am unsure what HIS position is at Hibs. A statement from him wouldn't go a miss.

But back to topic, well done RP and Hibernian :hnet:

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Petrie can't win, stay quiet and he is accused of leaving us in the dark! Come out wig this beauty and it's pointless, telling us nowt!

The_Exile
05-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Gawn yersel Rodders! Take no prisoners!!!! :thumbsup:

Removed
05-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Petrie can't win, stay quiet and he is accused of leaving us in the dark! Come out with this beauty and it's pointless, telling us nowt!

:agree: that's what most folk want I think

EasterRoad4Ever

This will rub off on the players...yes the board has produced a statement but I doesnt wear with me....we are not stupid and we know that he is still the manager however he is a manager that is clearly not happy and that for me needs to be addressed

Producing a statement like this for me is pointless...we all know that they will back the man cause they hire him but lets get this sorted once and for all and when I hear it from CC then thats when I will be happy with the situation.

FWIW he is still going its just a matter of time (or when compensation is agreed)

My opinion.

:agree: Agree 100% with this. This statement is aimed at a number of parties, not least Notts Forest and Calderwood's agent in an attempt to show them we have no plans to release CC on the cheap. However it really changes nothing. CC wants away. Notts Forest want CC, and RP wants some cash.

CC's position is UNTENABLE and not at all healthy for the short/medium term of the club. We really have to get shot of the guy - plain and simple. Hibs statement is just part of the game.

--------

Exactly how I read it, bh.

And a warning to Calderwood, McClaren and his agent that any more leaked comments to the papers will lead to a formal complaint against them. This is two guys and their agent using the press to bully Hibs into giving them what they want - pity that Rod's already had to deal with that sort of scenario and isn't likely to back down.

The trouble is that Rod needs to call it right - get the best compensation possible and not leave us stuck with a manager who doesn't want to be here (and who, as far as I can see, the vast majority of the supporters don't want here either). We want Calderwood out, the new man in, and as big a budget available to him as possible.

There are seven weeks of the window still to go - plenty time for the new man to bring in players to strengthen the squad according to his own ideas. Time for Forest to put their hands in their pockets and give Rod the compensation he's asking for, and for Calderwood to clear out and let Hibs get on with preparing properly for the season ahead.

As for Yogi - if he's happy to go to the press with derogatory comments about a former club, fine. (As he did.) But he and his defenders don't need to get a petted lip if Rod hands him some of the same back.

DoonTheSlope
05-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Good strong statement from Rod, well done to the big man.
It is now clear Hibernian do not wish their Manager to leave and have not agreed to go into discussions with any party to discuss same.

This being the case lets move on and support our manager and club.

GGTTH

EskbankHibby
05-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Personally i like the club communicating directly with the fans, particularly with the amount of recent speculation regarding our manager so close to the start of the season.

Love the way rodders says "Mr McLaren is playing a dangerous game here", basically saying if he has been speaking to CC he ******** should not have been as an official approach was rebuffed.

This makes it impossible for CC to resign imo as we would be able to show without a doubt that CC had been tapped up and we would get weighed in anyway.

I still think the club are trying to maximise compensation as opposed to retain CC as manager.

Judas Iscariot
05-07-2011, 10:51 AM
What an undignified comment from Petrie regarding Yogi. Lacking of a shred of class and uncalled for, does he forget that he's been involved in the selection process of these 'previous incumbents'?

Petrie, YOU are the one constant of the last dozen managerial appointments so if you want to blame someone then by all means blame yourself and don't hide behind a scapegoat.

I'm sick of Petrie. This proud club needs a huge overhaul, starting at the very top. You're time's up, you're tea's oot etc etc, do the rightful thing and leave our club. And take Calderewood, yet another duff appointment from yourself, with you.

Well said mate, was just about to post the same thing :agree:

Total crock of ***** from RP..

Who actually wants CC here? Who thinks he did a good job? Just how disrespectful can a "manager" be?!

Fed up of all this now & if we start the season with CC, Petrie & Co are utter fannies..

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_7021191,00.html

Forest increase their efforts?

Apparently "He wants to come here and it is the only place he wants to come."

If true, he has to go..:taxi

If true, we have to go to the FA and get the scabs charged for tapping-up.

sambajustice
05-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Bit of a Vlad-esque rant is it not??

MeAndMyBoys
05-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Just re-read it again and agree its a strong statement but wonder about this bit... "Our period of consolidation is behind us"

Thoughts?

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 10:56 AM

I'm sick of Petrie. This proud club needs a huge overhaul, starting at the very top. You're time's up, you're tea's oot etc etc, do the rightful thing and leave our club. Andf take 9alderewood, yet another duff appointment from yourself, with you.

If Yogi had kept his trap shut over the last few weeks then nothing would have been said. Is Hibs just supposed to take the sort of crap he Hughes has been spouting?

EasterRoad4Ever
05-07-2011, 10:58 AM

Plenty Hibs fans moaning about lack of leadership at easter road, that the silence is deafening. Well now those same fans can shut the **** up as the club has stated its position.

And those getting in a state about the dig at Hughes, dry yer eyes FFS. Hughes left Hibs in the ****, has been digging Hibs since he left.

The other clubs involved are under no illusions, you want Colin Calderwood, you pay whats rightfully due. FFS Birmingham are wanting £5,000,000 for GJP!!!!

I would rather see CC leave personally, as this has gone on too long, and I am unsure what HIS position is at Hibs. A statement from him wouldn't go a miss.

In fairness, it has taken far too long for the club to put out a meaningful statement. You cannot blame genuine Hibs fans for complaining about being in the dark, with so much media attention and speculation flying about daily over the last 3 weeks.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Just re-read it again and agree its a strong statement but wonder about this bit... "Our period of consolidation is behind us"

Thoughts?

That's utter tripe. Hibs know it, we know it. We've just shed 18 players and replaced them with about 6, so the rebuild and consolodation is still going on. Again, it is just a statement to Notts Forest that CC is valuable going forward and trying to build ghis value (price).

These games are soooo transparent, it almost smacks of school playground stuff.

Cropley10
05-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Not pro-Board at all, me.

But I am 100% pro that statement by our Chairman.:aok:

When the going gets tough and all that...

smurf
That's leadership. Well done Rodders.

Gatecrasher

mim

Thoughts?

It means we didn't get relegated last season.

FranckSuzy
05-07-2011, 11:06 AM
TBF, the board are damned if they do and damned if they don't but I think the statement's been a long time coming and boy, was it worth the wait :greengrin IMHO, they maybe anticipated this situation arising with CC at some point hence why the get-out clause appears so prohibitive to other clubs.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Good strong statement from Rod, well done to the big man.
It is now clear Hibernian do not wish their Manager to leave and have not agreed to go into discussions with any party to discuss same.

This being the case lets move on and support our manager and club.

GGTTH

IMHO it doesn't show that at all. This is just part of the negotiations. CC's position is compleely untenable. He is now the worst advocate for the club and no role model to Hibs players.

If CC is still heer at the start of the season, I'll eat my PC.

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 11:12 AM
IMHO it doesn't show that at all. This is just part of the negotiations. CC's position is compleely untenable. He is now the worst advocate for the club and no role model to Hibs players.

If CC is still heer at the start of the season, I'll eat my PC.

As the statement makes clear, Hibs are not in negotiations, at least not with the scabs. :wink:

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 11:14 AM
It means we didn't get relegated last season.

And we managed to get rid of a bunch of wasters, too.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 11:15 AM

Who are these folk?

number 27
05-07-2011, 11:17 AM

That pretty much goes for me too. Not for the first time it takes something of a crisis and pressure coming on Rod before we get some decent communication from the club. More of this please.

GloryGlory
If Yogi had kept his trap shut over the last few weeks then nothing would have been said. Is Hibs just supposed to take the sort of crap he Hughes has been spouting?

:agree: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Yogi has been badmouthing everyone at Hibs since he left, failing to address his own failure and blaming everyone else. RP is just getting some of it back.

AllyF
Great statement from old Rodney there.

Calderwood doesn't want to be the Hibs manager, so I don't want him to be the Hibs manager.

Our season's going to be f***ed after this catastrophe, so the only good thing I can see coming of it is Rod getting some good cash in compensation - which he is clearly planning to do.

--------
05-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Bit of a Vlad-esque rant is it not??

No.

Vlad's statement about the Thomson business was unbalanced and entirely disconnected from reality.

This is a well-considered statement that warns McClaren, Calderwood and their agent to stop trying to pressure Hibs into capitulating by releasing statements to the press (shades of McKay, Brown and Thomson here), and makes it clear that he's prepared to play legal hardball to get proper compensation for Hibs.

Basically he's warning Forest, Calderwood and McClaren that this has gone on long enough and it's time for them to put up or shut up.

As for the comment about the "previous incumbent" - Yogi was shooting his big mouth off last week about us signing Ivan and Garry. None of his business. If he wants to hand it out in the press he has to be prepared to take it. And so do his defenders on this board.

Rod seems to have this strange idea that when you sign a contract to do a job for so many years, with release clauses in place regarding compensation for loss of services, you should stand by that contract.

In other words, keep your word.

Unfashionable, I know, but he's right. :aok:

--------
05-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Calderwood doesn't want to be the Hibs manager, so I don't want him to be the Hibs manager.

Our season's going to be f***ed after this catastrophe, so the only good thing I can see coming of it is Rod getting some good cash in compensation - which he is clearly planning to do.

Nah. Not if Rod can get the compensation he's after.

No worries, mate. She'll all come right in the end.

Beefster
05-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Folk keep harking back to the fact that this is all about money/compensation. I don't believe it is. I think Rodders/Hibs genuinely want to keep Calderwood. If it was about money, there would not have been a spirited defence of Calderwood's managerial record at Hibs and beyond, praise of Calderwood's focus during the last few weeks and a 'get behind us and the manager' cry.

Bear in mind that Rodders knows more than all of us on this forum put together. He'll have dealt with Forest and Birmingham and had long and numerous chats with Calderwood. He may even have offered compromises to Calderwood to ease the 'family issues' that working in Edinburgh are causing.

I think folk are going to have to prepare themselves for the possibility that Calderwood may be our manager next season...

Aldo
05-07-2011, 11:26 AM
The only person that thought he was a good manager was himself (Hughes).
Turned the playing staff into a shambles IMHO barring 1 or 2.

Sour grapes re the signings of Sproule and O Connor...for me guys that have been there and done that. What you will get from them is 100% as they know how much it means to the fans.

Hughes deserves everything he gets and he cannot state that the board didnt back him...they did and look at the pish he bought to the club.

Away and GTF you moaning face twat or and mind and no trip up over yir rattle and dummy. (Hughes that is).

The man is a total disgrace and should not be let anywhere near ER ever again.

Rant Over (for now anyway)

PatHead
05-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Been having a look on a Forest messageboard. It is clear they have "previous" for this type of tapping up and do it every year. A lot of it appears to come to nothing or they lose out by upsetting the selling club.

Funny how some clubs like to do business this way. Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Spurs all get linked with players in the press.

Much as I find it frustrating at times I much prefer the way Hibs do business in a professional manner. Think statement from Rod is perfect as it covers all avenues and wasn't released to the press first or through an agent.

You never know maybe CC went in today and said, whilst he was flattered by approaches, he wanted to stay at Hibs and be our manager. Led to RP telling others to stick it.

To be fair I have been on holiday and missed out on 2 weeks of frantic gossip and press interviews and maybe am not so anti CC as others..

Mikey
The best statement that I've ever seen come out of ER. To the point, factual and with a bit of emotion. Well done, Rodders.

Spot on.

basehibby

My opinion.

Not a pointless statement at all IMO - lets us fans know the FACTS rather than just the latest newspaper and web speculation as well as sending a clear and concise message to both Forest and Brum - stump up the full compensation as agreed by ALL relevant parties in Calderwood's contract or DO ONE :na na:

If this statement is anything to go by, Petrie also evidently believes that CC will carry on doing his job to the best of his abilities regardless of the outcome of this saga. This will depend on Calderwood the man himself. If he's a model pro then that's exactly what he'll do - if he's a sulky big bairn then he'll act like one and chuck his toys.

PS - special mention deserved for barbed comment of the century here: "We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the club by the previous incumbent". Will Yogi think twice now before opening his gob about Hibs' latest signings???

Dinkydoo
05-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Good, concise statement from the club.

My only gripe being that it has perhaps come a bit too late; the damage has already been done IMO and a significant proportion of the support now want rid of CC.

Time will only tell though.

JH's comments in the media since he was 'mutually consented' have been ignornant, slanderous and down-right cringeworthy.

Bristolhibby
05-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Interesting comments from the Forests fans, and our own Fish on their forum.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26201&page=18

Looks like alot of them are pretty upset about how their club go about doing business, and it seems to have lost them a number of deals in the past.

J

Stevie Reid
05-07-2011, 11:38 AM
No.

Vlad's statement about the Thomson business was unbalanced and entirely disconnected from reality.

This is a well-considered statement that warns McClaren, Calderwood and their agent to stop trying to pressure Hibs into capitulating by releasing statements to the press (shades of McKay, Brown and Thomson here), and makes it clear that he's prepared to play legal hardball to get proper compensation for Hibs.

Basically he's warning Forest, Calderwood and McClaren that this has gone on long enough and it's time for them to put up or shut up.

As for the comment about the "previous incumbent" - Yogi was shooting his big mouth off last week about us signing Ivan and Garry. None of his business. If he wants to hand it out in the press he has to be prepared to take it. And so do his defenders on this board.

Rod seems to have this strange idea that when you sign a contract to do a job for so many years, with release clauses in place regarding compensation for loss of services, you should stand by that contract.

In other words, keep your word.

Unfashionable, I know, but he's right. :aok:

I'm not at all questioning the board's right to have a pop at Yogi, I just think it's a pretty classless/needless thing to do (just as Yogi's statements about Hibs have been), especially since the board sanctioned whatever moves he made. It's a minor quibble in a good statement though.

Dinkydoo
05-07-2011, 11:42 AM

To be fair though, he has never actually came out and said "I do not want to be here, I'd much ratrher be elsewhere".

What he has said is that he cannot deny his interest in the fact that other clubs are after him and he isn't going to categorically state that he won't consider a move elsewhere, if the offer is good enough.

This IMO is fair enough, and honest of him to say so.

We (the support) can be awfully good at placing words in the mouth of people associated with the club at times.

That in itself is detrimental.

Jack

Case closed!

The threads growing quicker than I can read, so thanks for writing my thoughts VoR. :agree:

The only thing I would add / ask, is what those who are dismissing the statement as bull**** from Rod expect him to say? We will happily roll over as and when you wish and BTW Yogi you were a great manager????

Iain G
Folk keep harking back to the fact that this is all about money/compensation. I don't believe it is. I think Rodders/Hibs genuinely want to keep Calderwood. If it was about money, there would not have been a spirited defence of Calderwood's managerial record at Hibs and beyond, praise of Calderwood's focus during the last few weeks and a 'get behind us and the manager' cry.

Bear in mind that Rodders knows more than all of us on this forum put together. He'll have dealt with Forest and Birmingham and had long and numerous chats with Calderwood. He may even have offered compromises to Calderwood to ease the 'family issues' that working in Edinburgh are causing.

I think folk are going to have to prepare themselves for the possibility that Calderwood may be our manager next season...

I have no problem with CC still staying on as Hibs manager, in fact, I think he will have a point to prove this season if he is still here, to us, to the club and to himself. A hungry manager trying to impress might actually not be a bad thing :greengrin :wink:

RP has done a good job with the statement, he's set it out in black and white for everyone and is saying that the board are behind the manager and supporting him. IF CC goes it's only going to be him that damages his reputation in all of this and not Hibs. :agree:

Love the dig at Hughes too, nice to see Hibs actually using their right to reply against some of the inane criticism that has been levelled at the club but this slavering failure...

Lucius Apuleius
05-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I also think the dig at Hughes shows that the manager is actually in charge of who we sign as opposed to the thoughts of some ITK persons on here.:wink:

basehibby
05-07-2011, 11:45 AM

Those aint negotiations though BH - these discussions are about as waterproof as my annual letter to santa until Hibs have agreed that other clubs can speak to Calderwood.

flash
05-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Why haven't Forest been carpeted over their behaviour the last few days?

Regardless of whether we want CC to stay or go their antics have been outrageous and, at the very least, not in the spirit of the game.

If it turns out he stays then results and style of play will determine whether the punters back him, just like any manager.

basehibby
05-07-2011, 11:57 AM

Presumably because McLaren, (CC?) and their agent thinks they can get what they want by playing dirty

givescotlandfreedom
05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Well done, Mr Petrie :thumbsup:
We've been walked over far too much in the past and we can't let it happen again. Seems Forest have the class of the OF at board level.

JohnScott
05-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't know what's more pathetic, Petries statement or the fact many of you don't realise were being patronised. Sometimes we really get what we deserve.

proud_and_green

I agree, Rodders knows that we have been badly affected by a lack of stability in recent years with the revolving managers door spinning off its hinges.

I think the reference to the end of the consolidation period is more a reference to the fact that we now have the infrastructure in place, ground complete - check, training ground - done that, now for the team!

I also have a slightly different take on the comments about Yogi. This is RP saying that whilst many fans would have wished a top six finish this was not the fault of CC, it was entirely down to the previous incumbant and fans should get off his back and recognise the task at hand, this plays in with the bit about his record.

Comments on here about CC's position being untenable is utter nonsense, as has also been said he has at no time come out and said he is interested in either job. All that stuff has come from the press which in turn has been fed by McLaren and NF.

If CC is still here next season, he will have my support and to be honest i hope he is because i think he can do a decent job for us.

aberhibsfc
He's going, we're just making things difficult. Fair enough, we have no obligation to release our manager so he can take a step down to a second tier league for a second tier position.

I would be surprised if Rod hasn't bent CC's ear about this and in addition would be a bit hesitiant to hand over the cheque book. I don't think we're nessecarily making things difficult, as Rod says, Forrest have made contact once and this was refused, but we have a picture of CC, McLaren and A.Nother. CC has not covered himself in glory with the handling or the fact he's looking to make an exit so soon without proving anything (other than he gets his head turned easily). It looks like Forrest are in dangerous territory as tapping has probably been taking place. An agent has a responsibility to earn their representatives money but they should also be guiding them away from legal dangers. Seems to me that agent is doing particularly well in one aspect of their itenery but ridiculously lacking in the other.

It's in Hibs interest to hold on to CC and if not obtain a reasonable compensation package. What does worry me is that we are too fixated in realising compensation revenue we neglect our duties to identify and capture players to help us succeed in the coming season. I would be surprised if RP and the board haven't drawn up a contingency of potential management targets, but they would be mad to divulge this as this would give more kudos to CC's potential exit, would diminish compensation bartering power and unsettle the squad for longer than necessary.

I just want it done, CC come out and say no or just get going. We might very well be quibling for compo on a manager whom we may need to pay-off if things don't work out. Lest not forget that CC has still to prove himself a Hibs manager, all this other blah is fogging that issue.

Personally, i'd like to see him stay and complete the job to the best of his ability and we'll see if that's good enough. If he isn't to stay I'd rather he get gone now and we install someone to bring in players required before the 'war chest & 'transfer window slam shut'.

JohnScott
05-07-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't know what's more pathetic, Petries statement or the fact many of you don't realise were being patronised. Sometimes we really get what we deserve.

Ritchie
05-07-2011, 12:02 PM
What's exactly good about his statement??

it's obvious calderwood doesnt want to be here so why has Petrie got a uber man crush on him staying!

let him go, i don't want a manager at hibs who's head is elsewhere.

do it now before its too late.

Mikey
05-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't know what's more pathetic, Petries statement or the fact many of you don't realise were being patronised.

There's surely a third option, isn't there?

flash
05-07-2011, 12:07 PM

it's obvious calderwood doesnt want to be here so why has Petrie got a uber man crush on him staying!

It's called a negotiating tactic. They have been mouthing off to try and get him cheap or haven't you noticed?

The statement is a few days overdue but still necessary.

hibsbollah
05-07-2011, 12:07 PM
The problem with all this is, although the statement is excellent, it doesnt get us closer to be in a position to attract the 3+ new players we DESPERATELY need before the season starts.

flash
05-07-2011, 12:08 PM

I think it's those silly old Hibs fans who are pathetic.

Thanks for pointing it out. (ps That was me being patronising at the end there.)

AllyF
05-07-2011, 12:09 PM
To be fair though, he has never actually came out and said "I do not want to be here, I'd much ratrher be elsewhere".

What he has said is that he cannot deny his interest in the fact that other clubs are after him and he isn't going to categorically state that he won't consider a move elsewhere, if the offer is good enough.

This IMO is fair enough, and honest of him to say so.

We (the support) can be awfully good at placing words in the mouth of people associated with the club at times.

That in itself is detrimental.

If Colin wanted to be the Hibs manager, if he felt any passion to be the Hibs manager whatsoever, then he would have said so and not shown a single ounce of temptation to work for another club.

From my own interpretation of his interviews (we can all interpret them in different ways), it is clear he would rather be elsewhere. And if that is the case then I would rather he went elsewhere.

Ed De Gramo
05-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Well said Rowdy Roddy Petrie!

Its a clear put up or shut up and i hope Birmingham take note!

I think Petrie has a new man lined up and also wants maximum dosh.

Fair play to Rod!

LancashireHibby
05-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Because if he put out a statement saying "Calderwood can GTF, I never liked the bloke anyway" then he wouldn't have a leg to stand on when trying to get maximum compensation for him.

EskbankHibby
05-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Heard you the first time:wink:.

At the risk of patronising you i presume the emboldened bit above should read us, for the record i am quite able to interpret the statement on my own thanks.:aok:

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Agree 100%. Absolute joke of a statement, especially the dig at Yogi. No matter what your thoughts are on Yogi, he got us into europe in his first season, brought in Stokes and Miller who were great buys. Was true that he brought in some duds, but then who hasn't as the Hibs manager. Totally classless statement which sums that pompous git up!!!

Petrie GTF and take CC with ye!!!!:confused:

.Sean.
05-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Bob Box Fish
05-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Regardless of what Rod says if CC dosen't want to be here he will never reach his potential.

As an example, look at Sol Bamba, his situation dragged on and he clearly didn't want to be here and his performances reflected that.

down the slope
05-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Petries a welt !, he wants to keep a manager who wants to leave then slags off a manager he appointed only two years ago , he might fool some of you but he dusnie fool me !. mark my words he will get it totally wrong again whatever he does , this is as usual all about cash while we are another day nearer a new season and in turmoil , an utter shambles .

Phil MaGlass
05-07-2011, 12:25 PM
FFS, Petrie has come out and told US whats happening and STILL some on here arent happy with the club jeeeeeessssusssssss:rolleyes:

duffers
05-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Fed up with some fans on here.
What does Rod seriously have to do to win??
Slated for not saying anything, now slated for saying something.
He backs Calderwood to stay and is slated, but if he gets rid of him, he will be slated for to many managers in so many seasons.
In the last few years , he has concentrated off the pitch, cleared a huge amount of debt, got a new training center and a new east, now its time to concentrate on the team. And by saying that every penny spent on season tickets will be spent on players, i think that proves he is wanting to take us forward.
Well done Rodders

poolman
05-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Dearie me, how silly of me not to notice that :rolleyes:

StevieC
05-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Okay .. tin hat on ..

I'd like him to stay and think he can do a good job.

He has experience, a good network of contacts and has shown that he is capable of getting a decent run of result when the chips were down.

The statement from Rod, IMO, is an indication that he thinks the same.

I also think that CC's position is not as "untenable" as some are suggesting and all it takes to get the fans back on his side are results.

:duck:

jonty
05-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Okay .. tin hat on ..

He has experience, a good network of contacts and has shown that he is capable of getting a decent run of result when the chips were down.

I also think that CC's position is not as "untenable" as some are suggesting and all it takes to get the fans back on his side are results.

pass the tin hat :greengrin

Big Frank
Who are these folk?

Read the thread.

Wasnae a dig a you blackpool, all you've said about 5,000 in the last week is yer no' intae CC

500miles
Anyone who says that isn't a good statement should either

Never expect Hibs to hold on to anyone - player or manager - when they make the first signs of wanting to leave. Therefore you cannot complain about selling off the family jewels.

Never demand a "clear" statement, because it doesn't get much clearer than that.

Never complain that the board doesn't totally back thier appointments.

Mikey
05-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Okay .. tin hat on ..

pass the tin hat :greengrin

I'd agree too, but there are some fans who simply won't let it go and will try to undermine him at every opportunity regardless of the results.

I'd still be surprised if he's here in a month.

Kojock
05-07-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm not at all questioning the board's right to have a pop at Yogi, I just think it's a pretty classless/needless thing to do (just as Yogi's statements about Hibs have been), especially since the board sanctioned whatever moves he made. It's a minor quibble in a good statement though.

And if they didn't sanction the moves Yogi would be complaing that he tried to bring in players but the board refused to back him. Puts the board in a no win situation.

Many people in all walks of life apply for other jobs whilst with their current employer. If they don't land the job then I would expect them to buckle down get on with the job in hand till another opportunity arises.

I fully expect CC to do the same.

Sergy Pie
05-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Hmmm, not sure of this myself. Can obviously see what he's trying to say and it answers some questions. However, it carries a slight air of desperation. To my mind, these are the words of someone under more pressure than they wish to be.

I'd rather Hibs didn't have a pop at anyone in this manner. Leave that to the classless Hearts.

Beefster
05-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Hmmm, not sure of this myself. Can obviously see what he's trying to say and it answers some questions. However, it carries a slight air of desperation. To my mind, these are the words of someone under more pressure than they wish to be.

I'd rather Hibs didn't have a pop at anyone in this manner. Leave that to the classless Hearts.

When Hibs are being popped at by Nottingham Forest (via McClaren), the press, ex-managers and the fans, I think the club is entitled to pop back now and then.

bandylegs_jLeighton
05-07-2011, 12:47 PM
In my eyes that statement is part sales pitch, part warning.

It hammers home the point that the ball is firmly in our court in terms of negotiations, and no underhand tactics will be tolerated.

It also does it's best to sell Calderwoods record - this includes being very selective with his Hibernian stats.

IMO the only reason for mentioning we want to keep Calderwood is to maintain our bargaining position, because to say otherwise would weaken it.

GreenCastle
05-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I like the statement - overdue and seems to be pretty honest.

Regarding CC - I think like several on here - he still may go - RP is clearly stating if you want him - you have to approach the correct way and pay the full compensation fee.

Like RP or not he has over the years pulled off some excellent deals when selling players - timing of the deals etc is a whole other issue.

Moving forward with CC - if Forest don't pay up then CC will be judged on his results and if he starts poorly then could be very difficult for him and the club to stay together.

Would this mean Hibs sacking him = no compensation.

Hopefully he will do well as he did improve the team in the period mentioned to get us away from relegation but the end of the season was a farce.

The last thing we want is an unhappy manager having a negative effect on the players though and not thinking about HFC future - that I am slightly worried about.

Stevie Reid
05-07-2011, 12:49 PM

And if they didn't sanction the moves Yogi would be complaing that he tried to bring in players but the board refused to back him. Puts the board in a no win situation.

It doesn't put them in a no win situation at all, they appoint a manager that they believe they can trust, rightly back him as much as they can, and reap the rewards when the manager gets results/take flack when things don't work out. I just feel that having a dig at our previous manager is unnecessary, the board are culpable in Yogi's failed tenure also - and just because Yogi's bitter about things, it doesn't mean we have to be as well.

But I digress - I approve of the vast majority of this statement.

brydekirk
05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
:bye:

silverhibee
05-07-2011, 12:54 PM

I was one of the posters who kept saying that wee need to hear something from RP & SL.
And i am delighted at Rod's statement today, fighting talk from the man, i still think Hibs will have a new manager for the start to our SPL campaign.
Rod should put CC on Gardening Leave until this is sorted.

Jamesie
05-07-2011, 12:55 PM
:agree: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Yogi has been badmouthing everyone at Hibs since he left, failing to address his own failure and blaming everyone else. RP is just getting some of it back.

Yogi's obviously got a point to prove given since he left Easter Road he's gone on to bigger and greater things with much more success...oh wait a minute... :greengrin

GreenPJ
05-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I take it the reason some people don't like the statement is because it removes some of their scope for speculation.

lEXO
05-07-2011, 01:02 PM
A good and straight to the point statement. Mclaren is out of order. Well done to Rod and Hibs for making it clear where they stand. Some may think it,s a bit late, but Mclaren shooting his mouth off meant they had to.

HibeeMG
05-07-2011, 01:04 PM

I don't know what's more pathetic, your statement or the fact you made it twice or the fact you don't know you've made an arse of yourself.

Sometimes you'll get what you deserve.

The only person doing the patronising was you!

bingo70
05-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Right Petrie.....if he's staying where's our new signings? We need to be told :grr:

Thats half joking BTW, I appreciate the statement from Petrie but there's got to come a time when we can draw a line under it and move on and start planning for next season properly and right now i'm far from convinced we're getting CC's full attention.

CC needs to be given a deadline to make a statement, say the end of the week to come out and publicly gives us his full commitment and tell other clubs he's not interested and they need to find someone else or he gets put on garden leave (IMO it should have happened before the end of the week but considering the statement thats just been put out i don't expect anything to happen at any time over the next day or two)

marinello59
05-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Petries a welt !, he wants to keep a manager who wants to leave then slags off a manager he appointed only two years ago , he might fool some of you but he dusnie fool me !. mark my words he will get it totally wrong again whatever he does , this is as usual all about cash while we are another day nearer a new season and in turmoil , an utter shambles .

Is the blood actually boiling in your veins there. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Read the thread.

Wasnae a dig a you blackpool, all you've said about 5,000 in the last week is yer no' intae CC

i have read it, and you said ( And those getting in a state about the dig at Hughes, dry yer eyes FFS.) I asked who are these folk? I cant see anyone defending Hughes over Petries statement? :confused:

brog
05-07-2011, 01:20 PM
1. I'm not a Petrie fan but on the whole I agree with & applaud the statement.
2. The comment re Yogi added nothing to the statement, in fact it detracted from the main point & IMO it makes us appear childish. RP has plenty other opportunities to have a pop at Yogi, it wasn't needed here.
3. Overall I still think CC's position is untenable & RP is basically saying ( to CC & suitors ) s*** or get off the pot, oh & if you do finally s*** we want adequate compensation.

My betting odds are 1:2 we'll have a new manager shortly.

Hibercelona
05-07-2011, 01:24 PM
I personally don't think Petrie wants CC at the club anymore than the supporters do.

I think he's just playing poker and it'll be interesting to see if Forest call on his bluff or not.

I believe they'll come in with a far better offer soon enough. :agree:

Ps. I happen to love the wee dig at Yogi.... serves him right for all the knocks he's given us in the press.:aok:

Sir David Gray
05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Wow...

I have never seen Hibs come out with a statement like that before in my life!

I'm glad that there is a bit of transparency coming out of Hibs for a change. This has been such a big story over the past three weeks or so that the club couldn't just have stuck to their usual principles of saying nothing.

The attack on John Hughes was the only thing which disappointed me about that statement. It was completely irrelevant to the whole Calderwood saga and I felt it was unnecessary.

I've seen a few people say that it was justified after Hughes criticised the signings of Sproule and O'Connor but I think Petrie, as the Chairman, should be a bit more dignified than to get involved in a war of words with former employees.

I was critical of Hughes' spell in charge of Hibs and by the end, it was correct that he left. But the criticism of him should be left up to the fans and I just think the board should be a bit better than that.

Crucially, for me, at no point in that statement does Petrie make any reference to Calderwood's commitment to remaining at Hibs.

It is absolutely clear, to me anyway, that Calderwood wants out. He has made that perfectly obvious over the past week or so in the interviews he has given and it is only a matter of time before he is off.

oldbutdim
05-07-2011, 01:31 PM

That's a bit patronising Shirley.

:confused:

declan macmanus
05-07-2011, 01:38 PM
It is clear that Forest don't want to pay compensation and are trying to force Hibs hand by turning the fans against Calderwood (and it's working). This statement is Petrie's way of trying to fight back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern hibby
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
If Forrest / Brum are determined to get their man (Sorry our man) they probabaly will, however I think they are probably realising that Rod is no walk over.

Lets be honest he he has never once backed down to the infirm over player sales and got exactly what he wanted for each player before business was commenced. These 2 teams may be bigger in crowd attendance and money available but they aint got CC under contract we have. But do they have the muscle or clought of the infirm? I for one don't think so, so they need to do (as I read in the statement, in ROD's Words). STUMP UP OR JOG ON.

GGTTH.

JustSimplyHibs
05-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Rod Petrie have given a Statement on where the Club stands with regard to the Manager's position at Hibs.

Even although Calderwood stated he is happy at Hibs but when offered 2 bags of sweets you look at each one to see which one is better when the news first broke.

I now think Calderwood should come out at say whether he is fully focused on bringing success to Hibs and will remain at the club untill the board say different.

On another note.

If RP believes Calderwood is thee man for Hibs - show him the cash for the players!!!

:cgwa:flag::cgwa

JustSimplyHibs
Rod Petrie have given a Statement on where the Club stands with regard to the Manager's position at Hibs.

Even although Calderwood stated he is happy at Hibs but when offered 2 bags of sweets you look at each one to see which one is better when the news first broke.

I now think Calderwood should come out at say whether he is fully focused on bringing success to Hibs and will remain at the club untill the board say different.

On another note.

If RP believes Calderwood is thee man for Hibs - show him the cash for the players!!!

JustSimplyHibs

On another note.

WindyMiller
05-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Thanks for telling us (in a patronising way), twice!

:na na:

Big Frank
05-07-2011, 01:46 PM
i have read it, and you said ( And those getting in a state about the dig at Hughes, dry yer eyes FFS.) I asked who are these folk? I cant see anyone defending Hughes over Petries statement? :confused:

You could actually, ahem, read the thread. But this is obviously a problem, sooo, post 8, 9 16 and 55. Then mine.

So I've explained. What was your point that you wished it pointed out in the first place?

To be fair, there are a fair few of a positive note on the tache putting hughes in his place.

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 01:49 PM
When Hibs are being popped at by Nottingham Forest (via McClaren), the press, ex-managers and the fans, I think the club is entitled to pop back now and then.

And the fact we very rarely comment on anything makes the impact of this all the better.

Well done Rod. Its good to hit back and feels good to land one now and again.

hibee1994
05-07-2011, 01:49 PM
After McLaren saying, Calderwood wants at Nottingham Forrest and Petrie telling him, hes going nowhere, he should now stand up and declare what he actually wants. Whats the situation. I would be far happier knowing that my manager wanted to go and was about to go that having to sit around wondering what the hell is going on at my club. Three weeks and yet here we still are.

Time to come clean Colin. Pledge to the green and white army or go :flag:

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 01:56 PM
And the fact we very rarely comment on anything makes the impact of this all the better.

Well done Rod. Its good to hit back and feels good to land one now and again.

Took him a while though did it not. 2 weeks we've waited for some sort of statement from the club but nowt. IMO compensation can't be agreed so that's the reason for the statement now. CC want's out but RP is hanging onto him for some strange reason.

As for the Yogi comment, maybe Petrie's P!ssed off because Yogi is criticising his signing of O'Connor and Sproule!!!

bingo70

On another note.

What cash? We're skint and CC is operating within a budget he was fully aware of when taking the job and one thats more than competitive with other SPL teams .

To your other point, completely agree, there's one man that can put an end to this issue and he needs to be given a deadline to make a decision, he stays at us and gives us his full commitment, he quits or he's put on garden leave, we can't have this potentially hanging over us until the start of the season

GloryGlory

On another note.

Yeah, right. We heard you the first time. :greengrin

silverhibee
05-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Wow...

I have never seen Hibs come out with a statement like that before in my life!

I'm glad that there is a bit of transparency coming out of Hibs for a change. This has been such a big story over the past three weeks or so that the club couldn't just have stuck to their usual principles of saying nothing.

The attack on John Hughes was the only thing which disappointed me about that statement. It was completely irrelevant to the whole Calderwood saga and I felt it was unnecessary.
I've seen a few people say that it was justified after Hughes criticised the signings of Sproule and O'Connor but I think Petrie, as the Chairman, should be a bit more dignified than to get involved in a war of words with former employees.

I was critical of Hughes' spell in charge of Hibs and by the end, it was correct that he left. But the criticism of him should be left up to the fans and I just think the board should be a bit better than that.

Crucially, for me, at no point in that statement does Petrie make any reference to Calderwood's commitment to remaining at Hibs.

It is absolutely clear, to me anyway, that Calderwood wants out. He has made that perfectly obvious over the past week or so in the interviews he has given and it is only a matter of time before he is off.

You dont know that FH, Yogi has been bad mouthing the club and players since he got shown the door, there is more to it and Rod has had enough of Yogi's crap and said something about it, Rod will also know hear things that have happened since the incumbent has left the club.
As long as RP is at the club Yogi will never be invited back to Hibs, there is more to this and it may involve CC in a way, do you wonder why Yogi has never found employment as a manager since being correctly shown the door at Hibs, you dont **** about with Rod and get away with it.
It will be interesting to hear what Yogi has to say regards Rod's comments.

Go Rod Go.

ancienthibby
05-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Folks should bear in mind that the Petrie Statement will have been scrubbed by the legals and also bear in mind we now have one on the Board, so advice is available first hand.

I read the statement as first of all, getting something formal down on the record, which is already being picked up by the sports media. I heard the BBC Scotland sports reporter at lunchtime today reading directly from the statement without comment.

Two markers have been put down - one to NottsF (and, so, the FA) who is the real object of this press release and the other is to Yogi. The message is the same to both: you're wading in murky waters - be it on your own heads!

Well done, Hibs!

Hibercelona
05-07-2011, 02:04 PM
You dont know that FH, Yogi has been bad mouthing the club and players since he got shown the door, there is more to it and Rod has had enough of Yogi's crap and said something about it, Rod will also know hear things that have happened since the incumbent has left the club.
As long as RP is at the club Yogi will never be invited back to Hibs, there is more to this and it may involve CC in a way, do you wonder why Yogi has never found employment as a manager since being correctly shown the door at Hibs, you dont **** about with Rod and get away with it.

Go Rod Go.

Nobody undermines the Tache. :take that

bingo70
05-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Took him a while though did it not. 2 weeks we've waited for some sort of statement from the club but nowt. IMO compensation can't be agreed so that's the reason for the statement now. CC want's out but RP is hanging onto him for some strange reason.

As for the Yogi comment, maybe Petrie's P!ssed off because Yogi is criticising his signing of O'Connor and Sproule!!!

No compensation was agreed because there was no negotiations.

I imagine he'll be pissed off by Yogi criticising him when RP gave Yogi a budget big enough to accomodate a first team squad of about 30 and Yogi still criticised him.

IMO there is relevance to the dig at Yogi when explaining the job CC has done, he has cleared out a lot of the dross and had what appeared to be a demoralised dressing room, he's now got rid of a lot of the rubbish and should be ready to build on it so he's only half way through his job and when judging CC i think thats a valid point to raise

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Go Rod Go.

As someone put it so elegantly earlier on in this thread, Petrie is a welt!!

Come on then, why's Yogi not getting another manager's job? Someone you know who was at the club not get on with Yogi then!!!:na na:

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Great statement. Of course there are going to be people who don't like it but there are some people who wouldn't like it anyway. Complaints about no statement. Complaints about it being too late. Complaints about the dig at Yogi.

I thought the dig at Yogi was a little below the belt but as previously mentioned, I think the statement was more a testament to what CC had to contend with when he arrived as opposed to a low blow aimed a Yogi (it was definitely that, I just think that was of secondary importance).

I'm still not convinced that it's obvious that CC wants away. He hasn't said that he wants away. People are trying to get inside his head and speak for him using words he HASN'T said e.g., since he has not pledged to be here next season he obviously wants to go. Reading between the lines it certainly sounds like he's hedging his bets but I don't think it's obvious. I think the current situation will be one of these:

(1) If CC knows what is on the table at Notts Forest or Birmingham, and he hasn't ruled them out, I would say that indicates he is keen on a move away from Hibs. If he knows all the offers, well, he's had time to figure out which one is best for him.

(2) If CC doesn't know what's on offer, I still think he's weighing up his options. We can't say "he's had long enough" if he doesn't even know what his options are. Does anyone know what sort of deal Notts Forest will give him? How about Birmingham? Does anyone know if these deals are contingent on the amount of compensation that will be paid? Without knowing the specifics of the deals I think it's silly to assume CC will be off. Who in their right mind would commit to a new job without knowing the specifics?

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 02:07 PM
You could actually, ahem, read the thread. But this is obviously a problem, sooo, post 8, 9 16 and 55. Then mine.

So I've explained. What was your point that you wished it pointed out in the first place?

To be fair, there are a fair few of a positive note on the tache putting hughes in his place.

Nobody is crying, just those who are questioning if Petrie's quote lacks a bit of class? Personally i'm right behind Petrie in this, Hughes SHOULD keep quiet.

No need for me to dry my eyes. :rolleyes:

lucky
05-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Excellent response from Rodders. His use of selective stats was for the fans to give CC time. The dig at Yogi has been long over due with the crap he has come out with. Then he tells Forest and McClaren to do one. Its now over to CC. If wants to go resign and be in breech of contract or get on with the job.

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 02:12 PM
No compensation was agreed because there was no negotiations.

I imagine he'll be pissed off by Yogi criticising him when RP gave Yogi a budget big enough to accomodate a first team squad of about 30 and Yogi still criticised him.

IMO there is relevance to the dig at Yogi when explaining the job CC has done, he has cleared out a lot of the dross and had what appeared to be a demoralised dressing room, he's now got rid of a lot of the rubbish and should be ready to build on it so he's only half way through his job and when judging CC i think thats a valid point to raise

In your opinion compensation hasn't been discussed, but I beg to differ. Petrie will have had countless discussions with CC since that has happened, and am sure some sort of compensation would have been discussed. Why has CC not come out and said that he's happy at Hibs and want's to stay!!!

There has been dross at Hibs since Mowbray left, this isn't just a Yogi situation. Mixu was left with Collin's dross (who bought in more than Yogi imo), then Mixu was emptied with Yogi trying to assemble his own squad. Yes Yogi brought in crap, but a lot of that crap got us into Europe.

bingo70
05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Great statement. Of course there are going to be people who don't like it but there are some people who wouldn't like it anyway. Complaints about no statement. Complaints about it being too late. Complaints about the dig at Yogi.

I thought the dig at Yogi was a little below the belt but as previously mentioned, I think the statement was more a testament to what CC had to contend with when he arrived as opposed to a low blow aimed a Yogi (it was definitely that, I just think that was of secondary importance).

I'm still not convinced that it's obvious that CC wants away. He hasn't said that he wants away. People are trying to get inside his head and speak for him using words he HASN'T said e.g., since he has not pledged to be here next season he obviously wants to go. Reading between the lines it certainly sounds like he's hedging his bets but I don't think it's obvious. I think the current situation will be one of these:

(1) If CC knows what is on the table at Notts Forest or Birmingham, and he hasn't ruled them out, I would say that indicates he is keen on a move away from Hibs. If he knows all the offers, well, he's had time to figure out which one is best for him.

(2) If CC doesn't know what's on offer, I still think he's weighing up his options. We can't say "he's had long enough" if he doesn't even know what his options are. Does anyone know what sort of deal Notts Forest will give him? How about Birmingham? Does anyone know if these deals are contingent on the amount of compensation that will be paid? Without knowing the specifics of the deals I think it's silly to assume CC will be off. Who in their right mind would commit to a new job without knowing the specifics?

Well there was the meeting of cc's agent with mclaren and then there was mclaren saying CC wants to be there in the Nottingham press this morning so i think it's safe to say that Mclaren wouldn't have said that unless he'd had some encouragement from CC, and if he's not and Mclaren is making that up to make CC's job more awkward i'd expect him to tell Mclaren to **** right off and not speak for him.

Basically, without wanting to sound like a prick or patronise you i think you're either being naive or burrying your head in the sand.

CC wants to go and we need a decision from him with what he is going to do now we've been told we're not in negotiations with them

Big Frank
05-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Nobody is crying, just those who are questioning if Petrie's quote lacks a bit of class? Personally i'm right behind Petrie in this, Hughes SHOULD keep quiet.

No need for me to dry my eyes. :rolleyes:

Who asked you to dry your eyes? yip, nobody. So a tad strange that you've got so much to say about it :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, its been about, oh, 3 mins since you've stated to the Hibernian community that you want CC out. Not about time you posted :wink:

bingo70
05-07-2011, 02:21 PM
In your opinion compensation hasn't been discussed, but I beg to differ. Petrie will have had countless discussions with CC since that has happened, and am sure some sort of compensation would have been discussed. Why has CC not come out and said that he's happy at Hibs and want's to stay!!!

There has been dross at Hibs since Mowbray left, this isn't just a Yogi situation. Mixu was left with Collin's dross (who bought in more than Yogi imo), then Mixu was emptied with Yogi trying to assemble his own squad. Yes Yogi brought in crap, but a lot of that crap got us into Europe.

No, according to Petries opinion they've not had negotiations, they asked and we said no, nothing negotiated.

Stevie Reid
05-07-2011, 02:23 PM

Post 16: -

The selective statistics are a bit naughty, Calderwood's record as Hibs manager is appalling thus far (though that certainly doesn't mean it can't improve) - I was happy for him to lead us into the new campaign as late as last week - I still think it's best that he goes. However, there is surely no chance of Alan Irvine being appointed the day after that statement was released.

Aye, pure greetin right enough. What a state to get myself into.

IWasThere2016
05-07-2011, 02:23 PM

Yup - the 3 of us are clear in our previous remarks about RP, and I concur with you both on this occasion.

RP's actions/statement is fully vindicated in standing up to Forest, and putting Yogi in his place also.

Bishop Hibee
05-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Excellent response from Rodders. His use of selective stats was for the fans to give CC time. The dig at Yogi has been long over due with the crap he has come out with. Then he tells Forest and McClaren to do one. Its now over to CC. If wants to go resign and be in breech of contract or get on with the job.

Agree with this but the other scenario is that Forest make an offer that the board can't refuse. 500K would do it I think.

Calderwood has lost most of my goodwill towards him even if he stays. A lot of fans on here seem to feel the same. If results are poor in the first 5 games, especially the 5th v Hertz, his tea will be oot.

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 02:31 PM
No, according to Petries opinion they've not had negotiations, they asked and we said no, nothing negotiated.

Oh well, it must be right then, Petrie is honest as they come eh:rolleyes:

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Well there was the meeting of cc's agent with mclaren and then there was mclaren saying CC wants to be there in the Nottingham press this morning so i think it's safe to say that Mclaren wouldn't have said that unless he'd had some encouragement from CC, and if he's not and Mclaren is making that up to make CC's job more awkward i'd expect him to tell Mclaren to **** right off and not speak for him.

Basically, without wanting to sound like a prick or patronise you i think you're either being naive or burrying your head in the sand.

CC wants to go and we need a decision from him with what he is going to do now we've been told we're not in negotiations with them

I've said this many times before......I can read between the lines as well as anyone else can. I can see the exact same things that you can see. If I'm burying my head in the sand, point me to the facts that I am steadfastly refusing to acknowledge because that's what people who bury their head in the sand are doing. Just because you choose to review the information and come up with an opinion that is different than mine doesn't mean I am ignorant, naive or ignoring anything.

CC may well leave. I can certainly see how that might play out. He also might stay, I can see how that would play out too. I'm not committing to either eventuality as I don't have anything more than supposition to back it up with, so I'm going to watch and see how it plays out.

Cheshire Hibee
05-07-2011, 02:35 PM

I'm sure RP has had discussions with CC before releasing this statement and perhaps CC has said to RP he is happy as manager at Hibs but feels that perhaps whilst the board are supporting him that we the fans are not due to all the negative comments posted on here in the past and i'm talking pre Brum/Forest interest.
And personally in that situation perhaps he's right to make no comment until he know's what is or isn't on the table.

With regards to CC i'd be happy for him to stay and finish what he has started it was his signings which turned round our season and took away the threat of relegation however there are those that will say look at the last six games. My view is that there was unrest within the club and that perhaps CC recognised where it was coming from and that was why certain players were told to stay away and there was some negative results due to this and a little bit of tinkering in the last few games before he decided what to do about other's future's.

Comments are being made about no attempts at signings due to CC not being interested how do we know CC & the rest aren't working hard to bring players to the club.

Until i'm told otherwise i'll support CC and hope he continues the job he has started, not all managers perform as well in front of the cameras as they do on the training ground and maybe just maybe it's the one part of the job CC is not comfortable with.

rant over. GGTTH

Speedway
05-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Petrie - Lindsay - Hyland in...

MAXIMUM COMPO II - Touch Our Manager And We''ll **** You Up

Closing scene, Rod stood on the roof of the east looking out to the coast, clothed only in a Hibs tartan scarf arranged like a loin cloth and with one arm defiantly raised to the air shouting, 'You Can Take Our European Places, But You'll Never Take OUR MANAGEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'

In big screens BTG everywhere From July 8th.

And fair play to you, Smurf. :agree:

greenlex
05-07-2011, 02:39 PM

:faf::faf::kettle::faf::faf:

Aldo
05-07-2011, 02:40 PM

Closing scene, Rod stood on the roof of the east looking out to the coast, clothed only in a Hibs tartan scarf arranged like a loin cloth and with one arm defiantly raised to the air shouting, 'You Can Take Our European Places, But You'll Never Take OUR MANAGEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'

Speeders

quality mate however we all know that when they reach a figure that RP is happy with then they can do what they want however until that figure is reached then RP is holding all the aces. He will have the final say one way or another.

Hibercelona
05-07-2011, 02:44 PM

You forgot to add *Spoiler Alert*. Now its not worth seeing! :grr:

matty_f
05-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I've said this many times before......I can read between the lines as well as anyone else can. I can see the exact same things that you can see. If I'm burying my head in the sand, point me to the facts that I am steadfastly refusing to acknowledge because that's what people who bury their head in the sand are doing. Just because you choose to review the information and come up with an opinion that is different than mine doesn't mean I am ignorant, naive or ignoring anything.

CC may well leave. I can certainly see how that might play out. He also might stay, I can see how that would play out too. I'm not committing to either eventuality as I don't have anything more than supposition to back it up with, so I'm going to watch and see how it plays out.

Max, I've enjoyed practically all of your posts on the subject, and you've kept a balanced stance throughout. Fair play to you.:agree:

Speedway
05-07-2011, 02:46 PM
You forgot to add *Spoiler Alert*. Now its not worth seeing! :grr:

It is when he takes the scarf off and holds it over his head.

bingo70
05-07-2011, 02:49 PM

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Forest-fight-way-bring-Calderwood-City-Ground/story-12882621-detail/story.html

"So we are trying to get Colin out of Hibs and it is very difficult. He wants to come here and it is the only place he wants to come.
"There is a lot of competition for Colin but there is a willingness on our side to do it and we want to do it. We have to be patient and hope that Hibs will talk, negotiate and get Colin where he wants to go."

You don't really believe that Mclaren would have said that without speaking to CC first and CC agreeing to take over the job do you? If these quotes are Mclaren lying then i'd expect CC to come out pretty quickly and tell Mclaren to ram it so other than quotes from CC himself i don't see what other proof you could need.

FWIW I think at first you might have been right and he just wanted to see what else was on offer, IMO (and Steve Mclarens) these talks have now taken place behind our backs though and he wants to go.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 02:49 PM

Max, I've enjoyed practically all of your posts on the subject, and you've kept a balanced stance throughout. Fair play to you.:agree:

I don't have an axe to grind with anyone because I'm totally unsure how I feel about all of this. It's difficult to separate the facts from the speculation but when you do, when you look at what we actually know without making assumptions, we really don't know what is going on. Other people can assume all the want, and they might be right in their assumptions. All I am guilty of is standing back and waiting to see what happens.

marinello59
05-07-2011, 02:51 PM

I haven't seen any evidence to ever suggest he is a dishonest man. Have you?

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Why has CC not come out and said he wants to go?

Rod says there has been no contact since June 24th and they were told to do one so McLaren now bumping his gums in the papers so we respond. We dont respond often. If Forest want him (and CC wants to go) and there is a release clause then Forest should pay it. Rod has told us who the "third man" was and he probably negotiated CC's release clause in the first place.

IMO Forest are taking the piss if they want him pay up, if they dont want to pay then ferk off.

hibsbollah
05-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Didnt he promise us two world cup stars, winning the champions league in five years and a massive new stand?

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Rod appears to be a decent honest man, although with him working in football, he will have learnt very quickly you have to bend the truth now and again. That does not make him a dishonest man imo.

GloryGlory
05-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Why has CC not come out and said he wants to go?

Rod says there has been no contact since June 24th and they were told to do one so McLaren now bumping his gums in the papers so we respond. We dont respond often. If Forest want him (and CC wants to go) and there is a release clause then Forest should pay it. Rod has told us who the "third man" was and he probably negotiated CC's release clause in the first place.

IMO Forest are taking the piss if they want him pay up, if they dont want to pay then ferk off.

No official contact. Maybe there has been other contact.

PS Sorry to be pedantic. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Is Petrie dishonest?

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 02:58 PM
You don't really believe that Mclaren would have said that without speaking to CC first and CC agreeing to take over the job.
Maybe CC said that he does want to go to Notts Forest. But what is the timeline? He didn't say that CC wants to leave Hibs and join Notts Forest NOW, maybe CC did express an interest in Notts Forest but after he's done with Hibs. Maybe SM added his own spin? Maybe CC told him what SM wanted to hear? Maybe the reporter added his own spin? I am not saying that SM is lying but there are many different ways to interpret what was reported.

If these quotes are Mclaren lying then i'd expect CC to come out pretty quickly and tell Mclaren to ram it so other than quotes from CC himself i don't see what other proof you could need.
Unfortunately newspaper stories are not proof and I think we've all read enough in the press to know that not everything reported is 100% accurate. I'm not dismissing the story, I'm just offering another viewpoint.

FWIW I think at first you might have been right and he just wanted to see what else was on offer, IMO (and Steve Mclarens) these talks have now taken place behind our backs though and he wants to go.
You could be right and if these talks HAVE taken place then I am leaning towards the side that says he should go. Assuming SM isn't totally lying then it's obvious the two men have talked. But what was the nature of their talk? Was he feeling him out? Did he make him an offer? That, to me, is the key to all of this.

If I knew that CC had been given an offer and he was just waiting for the clubs to sort out compensation then I would be frothing at the mouth too.

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 02:59 PM

Good for you!!!

So Petrie is as honest as they come then?

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Is Petrie dishonest?

Of course not, I apologise, he's as honest as they come!!!

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 03:02 PM
No official contact. Maybe there has been other contact.

PS Sorry to be pedantic. :greengrin

Also there might not have been. I dont see why they would release this, as strong as it is, and then play with words.

No. This is a statement that I would suspect has been endorsed at the highest level within the club.

Speedway
05-07-2011, 03:04 PM
By the way, the 'previous incumbant' was Alistair Stevenson.

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Good for you!!!

Do you have evidence that he's not?

sadtom
Jesus H Christ!!! Only bloody Hibs!
We wait til we have by far and away theee worst, most uncommitted, uninspiring, clueless diddy in charge for donkeys and we fight to hold onto him.
A man who said he'd sacrifice style for substance. He's certainly done half the job! Lets not forget this is the clown who has twice tried to play the jambos at their own game, outmuscle and out fight them with a team full of dwarfs.
CC is utter rank.
You couldn't make this sheet up!
Calderwood, BOLT!

marinello59
Good for you!!!

Sorry, I presumed you were going to back up your statement with facts. My mistake.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Good for you!!!

You're treading some dangerous / slanderous ground yourself. You've been asked by multiple people to explain why you think RP is dishonest but you can't even do that. Surely you can back up your claims?

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Jesus H Christ!!! Only bloody Hibs!
We wait til we have by far and away theee worst, most uncommitted, uninspiring, clueless diddy in charge for donkeys and we fight to hold onto him.
A man who said he'd sacrifice style for substance. He's certainly done half the job! Lets not forget this is the clown who has twice tried to play the jambos at their own game, outmuscle and out fight them with a team full of dwarfs.
CC is utter rank.
You couldn't make this sheet up!
Calderwood, BOLT!

It would seem that the players disagree with you....but what would they know? They could be lying to fit in with the whole conspiracy I suppose.

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Sorry, I presumed you were going to back up your statement with facts. My mistake.

Smart erse!

Seeing as everyone has probably been dishonest in their lifetime, then I'd presume that Petrie has also. Also the business that he is in, then he has more than likely bent the rules to suit him and the club. This statement to me sounds like he is bending the rules as they can't agree compo with whoever. IMO that's why!!!

Plus his thinly veiled attack on Yogi was out of order as he did interview and employ him!!!

Speedway
05-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Smart erse!

Seeing as everyone has probably been dishonest in their lifetime, then I'd presume that Petrie has also. Also the business that he is in, then he has more than likely bent the rules to suit him and the club. This statement to me sounds like he is bending the rules as they can't agree compo with whoever. IMO that's why!!!

Plus his thinly veiled attack on Yogi was out of order as he did interview and employ him!!!

The 'previous incumbant' was Alistair Stevenson.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Smart erse!
Why? For asking you to back up your post? The nerve of some people!

Rock solid.

Irrelevant. This has nothing to do with the man's integrity.

bingo70
05-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Maybe CC said that he does want to go to Notts Forest. But what is the timeline? He didn't say that CC wants to leave Hibs and join Notts Forest NOW, maybe CC did express an interest in Notts Forest but after he's done with Hibs. Maybe SM added his own spin? Maybe CC told him what SM wanted to hear? Maybe the reporter added his own spin? I am not saying that SM is lying but there are many different ways to interpret what was reported.

Why would he be wanting to discuss his appointment now if he didn't want him now? why would they be talking about compensation now?

Unfortunately newspaper stories are not proof and I think we've all read enough in the press to know that not everything reported is 100% accurate. I'm not dismissing the story, I'm just offering another viewpoint.

Don't look at the spin or the story, just look at the quotes, they've discussed the job and CC has told him he wants to go, if he's been misquoted i'm sure one of them be it CC or SM will be out to put the story straight

You could be right and if these talks HAVE taken place then I am leaning towards the side that says he should go. Assuming SM isn't totally lying then it's obvious the two men have talked. But what was the nature of their talk? Was he feeling him out? Did he make him an offer? That, to me, is the key to all of this.

I think SM's earlier quotes answer your questions here TBH

If I knew that CC had been given an offer and he was just waiting for the clubs to sort out compensation then I would be frothing at the mouth too.

Thats exactly whats happened IMO, CC has spoken to Mclaren thought it'd be a matter of time before compensation has been agreed.

I've not got a problem with someone seeing hibs as a stepping stone as that'll mean they've done well with us and it's important to have ambition but IMO he's totally used hibs as a stop gap until he found something else down south.

cam2644
05-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Rob Petrie's picking up some praise but without an earlier "I'm quite happy to stay at Hibs" statement from CC the bargaining position is not that strong. CC lost 90% of the Hibs support through his equivocation and sadly- because there was potential - his position is untenable and the ongoing saga is bleeding the club in too many spheres.
Take it on the chin and move on!

marinello59
05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Smart erse!

No need for that was there? I am in tears here now. :boo hoo:

By the way, I don't think the attack on Yogi was thinly veiled. :greengrin

GreenPJ
05-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Of course not, I apologise, he's as honest as they come!!!

I don't know if RP has ever told a lie or not but I know that he is not naive or stupid. Petrie is not going to come out with a statement like that if someone could turn round and prove otherwise.

down the slope
05-07-2011, 03:26 PM
I have been selective just as rod has been in chosing this from the statement.

"Played 10, won 6, drawn 2, lost 2. These are the sorts of statistics which show why Hibernian wants Colin Calderwood as its manager. This was the run of results between the close of the transfer window in January and the split. A selective quoting of statistics, maybe, but their relevance is the fact that these were the matches when the chips were down and the Club needed results".

and he goes on

"Hibernian wants Colin Calderwood as its manager. Hibernian has Colin Calderwood as its Manager"

Now it seems to me in being selective Petrie is trying to make out that CC is a manager worth having when you and i know we were a load of keek either side of these results-more creative accounting from Rod !.
As for the next paragraph why has Calderwood not stated he wants to stay ?, this statement from the club is nothing more than posturing to get a better price-he will be gone soon without a doubt.

Beefster
05-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Smart erse!

In the statement:

"Hibernian wants Colin Calderwood as its manager. Hibernian has Colin Calderwood as its Manager."

"Nottingham Forest knows that their only official approach to Hibernian - a phone call on Friday 24 June - was rejected."

Translation just for you:

'We want Calderwood to stay'

'Forest phoned us asking to speak to our manager and we told them to go and throw ***** at themselves'

You've accused Hibs of lying and/or bending the truth. Put up how you know this or shut up.

Northfield Hibby
05-07-2011, 03:28 PM
No need for that was there? I am in tears here now. :boo hoo:

By the way, I don't think the attack on Yogi was thinly veiled. :greengrin

Apologies, lost the heid a wee bit!!!

Time to stop posting on this thread methinks.

Hibbyradge
05-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Good for you!!!

What are you on about?

Why are you asking seemingly rhetorical questions in an attempt to besmirch a man's character and cast doubt over his press statement?

If you think he is lying, by all means tell us why you think that, but please spare us the sneaky cheap sarcasm.

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Rob Petrie's picking up some praise but without an earlier "I'm quite happy to stay at Hibs" statement from CC the bargaining position is not that strong. CC lost 90% of the Hibs support through his equivocation and sadly- because there was potential - his position is untenable and the ongoing saga is bleeding the club in too many spheres.
Take it on the chin and move on!

Au contraire. The mouser has a wee bit paper with, Calderwood's mark on it, that states the valur of the release clause.

If Calderwood is induced to break that contract then Hibs will be within their rights to take legal action to that amount. If the scabs/Birmingham divvy up the cash then he will go with the mouser's best wishes I'm sure.

Bottom line, if Calderwood's admirers do not play ball then there is not a lot anyone can do about it.

marinello59
05-07-2011, 03:33 PM

No worries. I've had worse. Much worse. :greengrin

hibs0666
05-07-2011, 03:33 PM

"Played 10, won 6, drawn 2, lost 2. These are the sorts of statistics which show why Hibernian wants Colin Calderwood as its manager. This was the run of results between the close of the transfer window in January and the split. A selective quoting of statistics, maybe, but their relevance is the fact that these were the matches when the chips were down and the Club needed results".

and he goes on

"Hibernian wants Colin Calderwood as its manager. Hibernian has Colin Calderwood as its Manager"

Now it seems to me in being selective Petrie is trying to make out that CC is a manager worth having when you and i know we were a load of keek either side of these results-more creative accounting from Rod !.
As for the next paragraph why has Calderwood not stated he wants to stay ?, this statement from the club is nothing more than posturing to get a better price-he will be gone soon without a doubt.

Of course Calderwood will be gone if the release clause figure is met. Until forest/birmingham offer that amount then the situation is totally under under Hibs control.

Speedway
05-07-2011, 03:34 PM
If we get Alan Irvine in as Manager, would CC stay if he was offered the assistant's job?.

Dashing Bob S
05-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Quite pleased with the statement, apart from the dig at Yogi. Completely true, and undoubtedly provoked by JH's loudmouth rants on all things Hibs, and if it gets him to shut up it'll have done the trick. However, we should be bigger than to get involved in that sort of thing, which smacks more of Yam class. Also, the 'unworkable legacy' left behind by JH could also have been used to describe JC and Mixu, both of them, like Hughes, and the current vacillating bore, appointed by Rod himself.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Thats exactly whats happened IMO, CC has spoken to Mclaren thought it'd be a matter of time before compensation has been agreed.

I've not got a problem with someone seeing hibs as a stepping stone as that'll mean they've done well with us and it's important to have ambition but IMO he's totally used hibs as a stop gap until he found something else down south.

I don't have the answers to these questions which is one of the reasons that I am taking the stance that I am. I don't know what has been said or not said. I don't expect CC to get into a war of words in the press with anyone. If he's keeping his options open then he won't want to piss anyone off.

bingo70
05-07-2011, 03:38 PM

and he goes on

I think this is the first thing you've ever said about the board that i agree with :greengrin

I think it suits all parties (possibly apart from RP as he obviously doesn't want another search for a manager) for it to pan out like you have said, just to add to it i also think the threat of us grassing on them for tapping up puts more pressure on Forest to stump up and pay over the odds for him.

Speedway
05-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Quite pleased with the statement, apart from the dig at Yogi. Completely true, and undoubtedly provoked by JH's loudmouth rants on all things Hibs, and if it gets him to shut up it'll have done the trick. However, we should be bigger than to get involved in that sort of thing, which smacks more of Yam class. Also, the 'unworkable legacy' left behind by JH could also have been used to describe JC and Mixu, both of them, like Hughes, and the current vacillating bore, appointed by Rod himself.

It was funny though, Bob.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 03:41 PM

I really think the dig at Yogi could have been phrased differently but it needed to be said. Not because Yogi needed to be checked (even though he did) but because, I think, they were trying to highlight the uphill task that CC had on his hands when he joined. The same could have been said about other managers but in the context of this saga, they were irrelevant.

The Falcon
05-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Smart erse!

I think one of the main criticism's of Petrie, and Hibs for that matter, are that they are too honest and that has, at times, disadvantaged the club when dealing with those that are not as scrupulous as us.

What is happening here is that both CC and SM have the same agent and all the stories and leaks are called, I believe, an "unsettling". The recent comments from SM are the latest part of that process and Rod has just publicly slapped them all down.

The dig at Yogi was a full,in the face, smack in the mouth. Nothing subtle about it. Now if Yogi has anything to back up his mouthing off now would be a good time.

Hibbyradge
05-07-2011, 04:20 PM
What is happening here is that both CC and SM have the same agent and all the stories and leaks are called, I believe, an "unsettling". The recent comments from SM are the latest part of that process and Rod has just publicly slapped them all down.

The dig at Yogi was a full,in the face, smack in the mouth. Nothing subtle about it. Now if Yogi has anything to back up his mouthing off now would be a good time.

I concur.

There is nothing ambiguous about RP's statement and he didn't need to release it if he merely wanted to maximise the compensation. That would be done on the phone.

The statements from "Forest" are well out of order, misleading and, as you say, hugely unsettling to Hibs.

Rod done good.

Indeed. :agree:

I was going to ask how a slap to the mouth could be delivered if it wasn't in the face, but then I thought about it. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
Time to stop posting on this thread methinks.

Is that you Yogi. :na na:

hibs0666
I really think the dig at Yogi could have been phrased differently

A bit too subtle you think? :thumbsup:

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 04:24 PM
A bit too subtle you think? :thumbsup:

Ha Ha! Nope. I think even Yogi would have grasped that after one reading. No offense, Yogi, just kidding. :wink:

RP could have said that CC had an uphill struggle when he arrived but given Yogi's statements I guess he thought, "I'm already pissed off, may as well kill two birds with one stone.".

GreenPJ
05-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I think this is the first thing you've ever said about the board that i agree with :greengrin

I think it suits all parties (possibly apart from RP as he obviously doesn't want another search for a manager) for it to pan out like you have said, just to add to it i also think the threat of us grassing on them for tapping up puts more pressure on Forest to stump up and pay over the odds for him.

So it doesn't suit all parties then, and as chairman of the club that currently has CC under contract that is a fairly key stakeholder I would suggest.

silverhibee
05-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Just read the statment again, has it been altered since it first went up. :confused:

Cropley10
05-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Maybe things are going to change... as you point out RP appointed Yogi and is complicit in the 'unworkable legacy', as indeed are Mixu and Collins, who again were supported by RP. Surely RP recongises his own role in all of this, he has to.

My own view is it acknowledges the failings of the past and puts Yogi in his place. Mixu and JC (Mowbray too) have been much more discreet, indeed even ambiguous, in their commenting on life at Hibs.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Wow, strip away the cliches and ther's nothing left.
I missed the survey so my opinion wasn't counted, I back CC

Mr Calderwood has not stated a desire to stay at the club to fulfill his contract.
rant rant rant wee girly rant rant rant rant.

Mr Calderwood has not stated a desire to leave.
Silence

My cup is half full.

Here's a rebus (dingbat?) puzzle for ya:

line...line...line...line...line
reading
line...line...line...line...line

"Say what you see"

Bostonhibby
05-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Thats where I am on this one but who knows what will ultimately happen, if it is al about screwing them for as much as we can as a result of them making an unsettling aproach then they are playing with the master and RP is putting a marker down regarding the official approach and the terse official rebuttal. Don't see what else should be done by the club in this game of chess where its hard to see what the right thing to do actually is.

Me - I hope theres a way that Calderwood can stay and see what he actually can do with the squad he is assembling.

iwasthere1972
05-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Quite a strong statement from RP. And I like the mention of the photo, and only "official" approach.

No mention of the Mafia tho????

Where does it mention the photo as I can't see that been mentioned anywhere. Maybe I read it too quickly or now that I have had the chance to read some of the above posts it could be that the statement has been tinkered with since it was originally made.

Definitely a dig at Yogi in that statement. Though RP had called him a cucumber.

silverhibee
05-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't think so. What do you think has changed?

Was there not a bit in it about CC agent and the photo that was taken of them in a hotel in Leicester, or am i going mad. :greengrin

marinello59
05-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Was there not a bit in it about CC agent and the photo that was taken of them in a hotel in Leicester, or am i going mad. :greengrin

There was and now there isn't.
You may still be going mad. :greengrin

Beefster
05-07-2011, 04:37 PM

There was and there isn't now so it has been changed.

Original is in this article:

http://www.scotland-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_want_to_hang_onto_calderwood_684936/index.shtml

silverhibee
05-07-2011, 04:38 PM

But am i going mad Mr Beefster. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 04:38 PM

I believe there was. Something about them boh having the same agent as well.

You're still mad though:greengrin

Beefster
05-07-2011, 04:39 PM
But am i going mad Mr Beefster. :greengrin

I took that as read!

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Problem may have been Rod saying the agent spoke the words when it was clearly shteve.

it also might not be the reason though.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Where does it mention the photo as I can't see that been mentioned anywhere. Maybe I read it too quickly or now that I have had the chance to read some of the above posts it could be that the statement has been tinkered with since it was originally made.

Definitely a dig at Yogi in that statement. Though RP had called him a cucumber.

Bit about the photo and third man has gone. Tried to Google the story and look for a cached page but didn't see anything immediately.

Dinkydoo
05-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Smart erse!

By your own admission we are all dishonest. Therefore, what significance does the tache being dishonest have?

Also, Petrie didn't employ JH to do a job (poorly) and then slag us off in the media once he was forced to leave.

Absolutely no fact based evidence in your above statement what so ever - just paranoid speculation IMO.

Big Frank
05-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Post 16: -

Aye, pure greetin right enough. What a state to get myself into.

First greetin, then this!

Stevie, dinnae get yersel in a state. Its no' worth it.:thumbsup:

Yogi got what he deserved, (infact he should have got more).

matty_f
05-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I would imagine that Calderwood would have known about this statement, and I'd also think that he and Petrie have been in extensive dialogue over the situation over the last three weeks.

I'm not sure everything is cut and dried in this situation, certainly not to the extent that everyone seemed to think it was.

What is clear, is that there are only a handful of people who know exactly what is going on with the situation, and Hibs obviously feel confident enough about the position to come out with such a strong statement.

silverhibee
05-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Original is in this article:

http://www.scotland-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_want_to_hang_onto_calderwood_684936/index.shtml

Is or was RP saying that was CC agent in the photo taken at the hotel, if so i dont think mysterious 3rd man was CC agent.
Maybe thats why it has been removed. :aok: