PDA

View Full Version : Club Release Statement regarding Colin Calderwood

Pages : 1 [2]

Hibs07p
05-07-2011, 05:05 PM
It's been said that Steve McLaren and CC share the same agent. It's also possible that Chris Hughton and CC also share the same agent. Unless there has been a major falling out between CH & CC, I would imagine that CC would prefer to work with CH at Birmingham, rather than SMc at Forest, where he was sacked. This could be a bit of a 3 way charade, SMc trying to play hardball to reduce the cost of compo and setting a figure we will accept, but Brum stepping in to pick up CC instead. Doesn't make much sense I know, but IF one agent (Colin Gordon, or agency, Key Sports Management) represents all 3, anything is possible.
I just don't see CC going back to Forest. The "Rod" is a very shrewd operator, and will not be shafted by anyone. His official response will set a few markers, you don't F*** with RP.

Kaiser1962
05-07-2011, 05:05 PM
" But then, McClaren's words were probably spoken, not by him but by his agent. The same agent who represents Colin Calderwood. The mysterious 'third man' in the picture taken in a hotel lobby over three weeks ago."

The removed bit.

GreenPJ
05-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Where is the NOTW when you need them.

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I took a screenshot this morning to send to a colleague. They appear to have taken out -

But then Mclaren's words were probably spoken, not by him, but his agent. The same agent that represents Colin Calderwood. The mysterious "third man" in the picture taken in a hotel lobby over three weeks ago.

Baker9
05-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I would imagine that Calderwood would have known about this statement, and I'd also think that he and Petrie have been in extensive dialogue over the situation over the last three weeks.[/B] [/B][/B]I'm not sure everything is cut and dried in this situation, certainly not to the extent that everyone seemed to think it was.

What is clear, is that there are only a handful of people who know exactly what is going on with the situation, and Hibs obviously feel confident enough about the position to come out with such a strong statement.

Don't count on it! Communication skills and Rod do not mix (allegedly, from what I've heard, accodring to a good source etc.) - part of the problem at Hibs.

legends of 73
05-07-2011, 05:26 PM
chris houghton on stv news saying they have spoken to hibs.

so whats going on rodders

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 05:32 PM
chris houghton on stv news saying they have spoken to hibs.

so whats going on rodders

See what a mess this is? That's why I'm not buying any of it until something credible is reported. Everyone is talking out of both sides of their mouths at the same time.

EDIT: maybe we need the club to make another announcement? Perhaps hourly?

hibsbollah
05-07-2011, 05:35 PM
" But then, McClaren's words were probably spoken, not by him but by his agent. The same agent who represents Colin Calderwood. The mysterious 'third man' in the picture taken in a hotel lobby over three weeks ago."

The removed bit.

If Hibs removed it for a legal, probably litigonous, reason, should hibs net be drawing attention to it? Could have consequences etc etc.

Im sure the admins know their business :-)

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2011, 05:48 PM
If Hibs removed it for a legal, probably litigonous, reason, should hibs net be drawing attention to it? Could have consequences etc etc.

Maybe, but it was in the public domin for at least 3 hours. Plenty time for it to be picked up by anyone that wanted it.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Maybe, but it was in the public domin for at least 3 hours. Plenty time for it to be picked up by anyone that wanted it.

Right, and it's not that damning anyway. He did say "probably". :)

But maybe they were wrong about the identity of the mystery man.

Scooby Dooby Doo,
Where are you...

stokesmessiah
05-07-2011, 05:50 PM

Am i right in thinking "previous incumbent" has also been taken out??

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Am i right in thinking "previous incumbent" has also been taken out??

Nope, still there:
We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent.

BEEJ
05-07-2011, 06:16 PM
By the way, the 'previous incumbant' was Alistair Stevenson.
:greengrin Amazing how much mess one guy can make in the space of one week or so and having been in charge of the team for just one SPL fixture.

And he's still employed at ER! How forgiving is that? :wink:

Quite pleased with the statement, apart from the dig at Yogi. Completely true, and undoubtedly provoked by JH's loudmouth rants on all things Hibs, and if it gets him to shut up it'll have done the trick. However, we should be bigger than to get involved in that sort of thing, which smacks more of Yam class. Also, the 'unworkable legacy' left behind by JH could also have been used to describe JC and Mixu, both of them, like Hughes, and the current vacillating bore, appointed by Rod himself.
The Yogi statement will have been prompted by the voices raised in the last month or so questioning whether we should ever have sacked him in the first place.

It makes it abundantly clear that the club viewed his tenure as something of a disaster and that this has had consequences for his successor in, as they say, being asked to 'catch a falling knife'.

And I doubt this comment is restricted simply to the calibre of many of the players that Yogi recruited.

There is nothing ambiguous about RP's statement and he didn't need to release it if he merely wanted to maximise the compensation. That would be done on the phone.
No, he did. This is now a battle being waged in the media, a practice which is always designed to stoke up the pressure and sense of unrest in the ranks of the other party.

RP had to respond in similar fashion and I'm glad he did. Though I think he could have done with getting someone trusted to read it through first before it was put on the club website. :greengrin

The_Todd
05-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Well played by Rod, makes Forest look very silly indeed. Uncomfortable with the dig at Yogi but other than that a dignified "rant", take note Romanov.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2011, 06:36 PM
A bit too subtle you think? :thumbsup:

Nah, fitbaw folk kent what he wiz meanin!

Beefster
05-07-2011, 06:40 PM

Is it not more likely to have been removed because McClaren was filmed saying it so the removed bit was factually incorrect?

stevej
05-07-2011, 07:24 PM
That's what is baffling me, why hasn't he just done that already?

If he walks out and either club takes him I think the full amount of compensation would have to be paid and Forest for sure could not afford that

I have said all along in this that I do not believe Forest would pay anywhere approaching the £500k/£1m compensation that has been bandied about

That is more than we spent on transfers all last season (£400k last year for Billy Davies to spend)

Forest are doing their best to unsettle him and get him on the cheap but if they dont get him on the cheap they simply wont get him which leaves him either staying with you or going to Birmingham

I am sure if McClaren had the spending power to have got this deal done by now he would for Forest's sake - we simply dont have the money IMO

stevej
05-07-2011, 07:28 PM

I honestly think your chairman was guessing it was the agent - I still think it as Bill Beswick - McClaren's right hand man/psychology guy

And I bet the agent has been in touch to set the record straight

Surely he should just ask Calderwood who it was though ??

This is turning into some saga guys isnt it ??

You could not make it up

I love the fact your chairman has gone and said all this - fair play to him (I think he got slightly carried away though hence a bit of backtracking)

So what happens next ?

James70
05-07-2011, 07:30 PM
What I find most mystifying is why CC is in such great demand when results since his arrival have been less than inspiring and we are now getting shown how to play the game by a side which was in the 2nd division last season.

You couldn't make it up! :rolleyes:

Wellbankhibby
05-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Its about time we had some kind of clarification from the Board. Only thing is how can you possibly back a manager who obviously does not want to be here, also how can he possibly ask any Hibs supporters to get right behind CC. The man has made it clear his heart is not at Easter Road. I understand RP wanting as much compensation as possible but we need a new Manager in the door now. It is not acceptable to persevere with anyone connected with the club who is going through the motions, Especially the Manager. In any workplace if you see a lack of commitment from your Boss then most people will follow suit. Get Rid of him now and show some ambition and appoint Strachan if he will take the job. I would also point out it is a disgrace to have a pop at Yogi, there was absolutly no need to do that.
By all means we will all support the team and on a personal note I will always follow Hibs and give them my 100% support. I wont support anyone who does not show commitment to our Club. :agree:

E10 Rifle
05-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I have to say I am right behind RP on this one. He has to play hard-ball for our sake and get as much compo as possible. It's all a game, he doesn't make the rules, he's just playing to them. The one thing I do find a little damning is the comment about the 'previous incumbent'...JH must be fuming at that.

I say let Rod handle this situation and we'll have someone else in post, that is better, before you know it.

Let's just relax, we are still a decent enough catch to attract good candidates for manager, we have two Hibs stalwarts back in the squad, and a few more to come (eventually).

It will all be good.

Hibs On Tour
05-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Its much much too late for that imo.

Bang on. I should have said didn't instead of couldn't. If he had, none of this pish would be going on...

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I have to say I am right behind RP on this one. He has to play hard-ball for our sake and get as much compo as possible. It's all a game, he doesn't make the rules, he's just playing to them. The one thing I do find a little damning is the comment about the 'previous incumbent'...JH must be fuming at that.

I say let Rod handle this situation and we'll have someone else in post, that is better, before you know it.

Let's just relax, we are still a decent enough catch to attract good candidates for manager, we have two Hibs stalwarts back in the squad, and a few more to come (eventually).

It will all be good.I'm nae Petrie fan (I'm sure there'll be plenty who'll tell you that :greengrin ) but Hughes has given plenty out since he left, running of at the mouth at every opportunity, so he'd have a brass neck TBH.

Hibs On Tour
05-07-2011, 09:32 PM
To be fair though, he has never actually came out and said "I do not want to be here, I'd much ratrher be elsewhere".

What he has said is that he cannot deny his interest in the fact that other clubs are after him and he isn't going to categorically state that he won't consider a move elsewhere, if the offer is good enough.

This IMO is fair enough, and honest of him to say so.

We (the support) can be awfully good at placing words in the mouth of people associated with the club at times.

That in itself is detrimental.

If he wants to he here, by definition he wouldn't have interest in these other clubs being after him. You don't, in fact can't, want to be everywhere at once.

For me, its one thing entirely to say 'if a major club comes in for me as manager then it would be hard to say no - i want to progress as far as i can as a manager' and him basically saying 'a couple of clubs i have links with through one way or other are interested in me stepping down to be a no 2 - i'm still interested though, even though its a backward step'. That's basically as good as saying that - for whatever reason - he's interested in getting away from here, even if that takes dropping back down a level in terms of his career to be a no2 again.

Simple way to prevent people putting words in his mouth would be for CC to actually come out and say something concrete one way or the other instead of playing vague games. IMHO that shows a lack of respect for our club and our fans.

Craig_in_Prague
05-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Petrie always has the clubs best interest at heart and we can have no doubt of that.

But regardless of his official statement, if Forest or Birmingham really want CC, then Petrie needs to be realistic and get the best compensation he can ASAP. Playing this out for a few more weeks won't do anything good IMO......The season starts in 2.5 weeks....... Quicker CC moves on the better so that the new guy has a half chance to bring in a couple of his own players and also get's to know the squad.

We have a tough start to the season and with this management stuff going on I am not optimistic. Petrie may well see keeping CC as an achievement but the man clearly doesn't want to be here, so what the hell are we meant to look forward too.....

Every year now it seems we say "next manager has to be the right choice, we need stability" etc...........

new malkyhib
05-07-2011, 09:34 PM
...so can someone tell me who's hiring these "incumbents" again then? and was the present incumbent not deemed good enough last year when they appointed Hughes and Calderwood got 2nd prize - only for us to go back for him this year?

I really hope it wasn't how he came over in the media that got him the job if his press interviews thus far are any guide.

I really hope for the club's sake this is nailed by the beginning of next week at the latest - then we can try and get some players in - and maybe our esteemed CEO will hand over the reins of the selection process for managers for the future - because his record on that front is decidely "mixed".

iwasthere1972
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Obviously I have no idea what compensation figure Scrooge is holding out for but if it's the case of only a couple of hundred grand then I would prefer it if he just accepted Notts Forest's £300K and moved on. If CC stays then there is a strong possibility that results will continue in the same way as they did at the tail end of the season, which will result in his sacking and Hibs having to shell out more compensation money. We need a manager who can give Hibs 100% commitment and that man is not Colin Calderwood.

This saga is lasting longer than "Who shot JR?" and needs to be resolved either way within the next 48 hours.

Silver Fox
05-07-2011, 09:41 PM

It will all be good.

Totally agree, everyone forgetting CC applied to be the Hibernian manager TWICE saying he was fed up playing second fiddle to another manager and wanted to be his own man again? well its not lasted very long if he's ready to jack it in and head back to being an assistant again, especially to a club where he was previously fired!!

stubru59
05-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm nae Petrie fan (I'm sure there'll be plenty who'll tell you that :greengrin ) but Hughes has given plenty out since he left, running of at the mouth at every opportunity, so he'd have a brass neck TBH.

The question is not whether Petrie was right in what he said about Hughes, but whether he was right to say it.

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 09:45 PM
The question is not whether Petrie was right in what he said about Hughes, but whether he was right to say it.Well it didnae bother me that he said it.

RIP
05-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Can somebody please post up the link to the Calderwood interview where he says that he doesn't want to be at Hibs any more?

Craig_in_Prague
05-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Can somebody please post up the link to the Calderwood interview where he says that he doesn't want to be at Hibs any more?

Why not watch SSN or look on BBC?

He doesn't state the words "I don't want to be at Hibs" ..........but very clear in what he says to show he doesn't want to be at Hibs!

It's a bit like getting an answer from the wife, she'll say something one way, and you know which way she means it. Aint difficult.

leither17
05-07-2011, 09:53 PM

he more or less says he is here till a conclusion on ssn earlier on but then went on to say being back to england and nearer his family would be an option he would have to look at

Removed
05-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Why not watch SSN or look on BBC?

He doesn't state the words "I don't want to be at Hibs" ..........but very clear in what he says to show he doesn't want to be at Hibs!e

It's a bit like getting an answer from the wife, she'll say something one way, and you know which way she means it. Aint difficult.

Some of us don't have SSN.

Craig_in_Prague
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Some of us don't have SSN.

fairy muff, but that was recent.

The BBC interview, online, was what, over a week ago :confused:

Removed
05-07-2011, 10:00 PM
fairy muff, but that was recent.

The BBC interview, online, was what, over a week ago :confused:

And your point is :confused:

Craig_in_Prague
05-07-2011, 10:02 PM
And your point is :confused:

CC wants to stay at Hibs, obviously :confused:

stokesmessiah
05-07-2011, 10:04 PM
I thought today after reading that statement from the club that maybe they were softening the blow of CC staying and in tonights post match interview he might advise us of his commitment to the club, i thought wrong.

We can't keep him now, he clearly does not want to be here, he clearly feels he is getting out of his contract as well. At one point in his interview tonight he said "i am still here, as such" and quickly tried to back pedal, too late !!!

I think RP is right to get as much as possible for him and todays statement may well of been to try and secure that, we are however now getting dangerously close to the start of the season and something has to be done to resolve this.

Matty_Jack04
05-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Mark bedstead? The guy from real radio has tweeted calderwood as saying " I understand where the club are, but there are certain personal that I would benefit from if I was back south"

Enough is enough give the 2 clubs interested the compo figure and let them fight it out whilst we find someone else fast before theres no business time left in the transfer window

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 10:24 PM
...so can someone tell me who's hiring these "incumbents" again then? and was the present incumbent not deemed good enough last year when they appointed Hughes and Calderwood got 2nd prize - only for us to go back for him this year?
I'm pretty sure the board, and you, know who makes these appointments. We can hardly expect a statement like, "We got it wrong again!". that would detract from the rest of the statement.

I really hope it wasn't how he came over in the media that got him the job if his press interviews thus far are any guide.
I very much doubt any manager has ever been hired based upon his press conferences.

I really hope for the club's sake this is nailed by the beginning of next week at the latest - then we can try and get some players in - and maybe our esteemed CEO will hand over the reins of the selection process for managers for the future - because his record on that front is decidely "mixed".
Agreed, on the timing part. Will be interesting to see who's in charge of the team.

CmoantheHibs
05-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Great rebuke from RP.It serves notice to McLaren/Forest that any more of their trying to stir things up in the press and they may have to worry about a different compensation battle.
As for the bit about Yogi, was his legacy at Hibs not something about having 2 senior pros for every position plus a goalie school?Not 100% sure on that but seem to recall something along those lines.At a club like Hibs, with our wage budget, then the quality of player is going to be diluted to such an extent that performances would suffer.It could be what the unworkable legacy statement was in reference to.

Jimmy Belter
05-07-2011, 10:43 PM
The best statement that I've ever seen come out of ER. To the point, factual and with a bit of emotion. Well done, Rodders. A shot across the bows of Nottingham Forest, Calderwood, McClaren and their agent.

As for this bit.....

"We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent."

Ouch.

Rod is stating facts to suit his argument with games plated and won or lost etc

FACT CC was sacked by Forrest

FACT we finished 10th

FACT the football has been shocking to watch this season

FACT the club now with there 6th manager in so many years, why ?

FACT top finish of 4th spot with manager we get rid of after 6 or 7 games .

FACT time to start looking at Rod and the Directors now for answers ?

RickyS
05-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Mark bedstead? The guy from real radio has tweeted calderwood as saying " I understand where the club are, but there are certain personal that I would benefit from if I was back south"

Enough is enough give the 2 clubs interested the compo figure and let them fight it out whilst we find someone else fast before theres no business time left in the transfer window

the man is far away from committed to hibs its un-real. i need put out my misery here
:confused:

Jimmy Belter
05-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Great rebuke from RP.It serves notice to McLaren/Forest that any more of their trying to stir things up in the press and they may have to worry about a different compensation battle.
As for the bit about Yogi, was his legacy at Hibs not something about having 2 senior pros for every position plus a goalie school?Not 100% sure on that but seem to recall something along those lines.At a club like Hibs, with our wage budget, then the quality of player is going to be diluted to such an extent that performances would suffer.It could be what the unworkable legacy statement was in reference to.

If you get your facts correct.............YOGI quotes from when he was appointed that the squad of 30ish was far too big & needed trimmed.

And all the long term players who where under contract he would let them run down there contracts & replace them with better (Less quanity better quality)fact

Saorsa
05-07-2011, 10:51 PM

FACT we finished 10th

FACT time to start looking at Rod and the Directors now for answers ?Nae argument from me on most of that but if you think we were going anywhere with Hughes you're kidding yersel on. We werenae even that good when we were winning when Hughes was there and when he got found out there was nothing he could do about it. We were going down the pan under Hughes long before the 1st 6 or 7 games of last season.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 11:00 PM

FACT we finished 10th

FACT time to start looking at Rod and the Directors now for answers ?

Two of your FACTS are actually questions.

Your 2nd to last FACT is one that was welcomed by many people on here.

The results that RP quoted were used for a purpose, as you said, but he also said that himself so it's not like he was trying to hide or twist anything:

A selective quoting of statistics, maybe, but their relevance is the fact that these were the matches when the chips were down and the Club needed results.

Hibbie_Cameron
05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
There is an interview with CC on the real radio website, taken after tonights game.

After listening to it, i feel its only a matter of time before he is away

benji_hfc
05-07-2011, 11:04 PM
See if it ends up Calderwood resigning and going to nott'm forest for nothing, good luck to them in court cause i personally think they're messing with wrong person in Petrie, he knows the ins and outs better than anyone and i'd go to say more than anyone in Britain! he has already said something along the lines of they are playing a dangerous game by going public cause they dont want to shell out for our manager and i beleive they have only made one approach, i bet all the other approaches have been direct to calderwood! whats your opinions people?:greengrin

SRHibs
05-07-2011, 11:09 PM
See if it ends up Calderwood resigning and going to nott'm forest for nothing, good luck to them in court cause i personally think they're messing with wrong person in Petrie, he knows the ins and outs better than anyone and i'd go to say more than anyone in Britain! he has already said something along the lines of they are playing a dangerous game by going public cause they dont want to shell out for our manager and i beleive they have only made one approach, i bet all the other approaches have been direct to calderwood! whats your opinions people?:greengrin

There's no need for this to be a standalone thread, let's be honest.

In regards to what you're saying: it will never get as far as court. This is all just one big game being played out in the media. No doubt both sides will settle for some middle ground. It wouldn't be beneficial for us to keep CC around now, but then again, it wouldn't be beneficial to have had him for 9 months then to incur a loss due to letting him go on the cheap.

Basically, we should just have faith in Rod.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2011, 11:09 PM
There is an interview with CC on the real radio website, taken after tonights game.

Hopefully, what did he slaver?

SRHibs
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Care to post a link?:aok:

Jimmy Belter
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Yes - wonder what that means. Players he signed? The way he conducted team affairs (e.g. training at EM)? The reports he gave to the Board? His lack of tactical knowledge? Some or all of the above?

Question> What do you mean conducted team affairs
Reports to the board ?
Trainning ? are you a qualified coach etc ? / what do you mean . are you on the board ?

4th two years ago

frazeHFC
05-07-2011, 11:16 PM
We rejected £300k. Does anyone know how much we paid to get him?

oldbutdim
05-07-2011, 11:20 PM
We rejected £300k. Does anyone know how much we paid to get him?

Does anyone know who started the story that we rejected £300k?

benji_hfc
05-07-2011, 11:21 PM
i dont want to see him go! i really hope he stays cause he definately has an eye for a player, scott would have been adams signing and he just looks like edwin de graff, runs about all day with no composure! and you'll not get a bigger petrie fan than me! some people on here need to understand that you can't buy something for 500 if you only have 400! him and sir tom farmer are the best doube act any team could have! best run club in briatain

SRHibs
05-07-2011, 11:22 PM
We're reported to have paid £150,000 to release him from his contract at Newcastle. Obviously, we're going to want to return that, and I'd imagine also make enough to pay for the compensation we require to release our future manager (if he's attached).

Hopefully though, we can attract someone of GS's calibre. I'd imagine the offer a hefty signing fee would make us a more attractive proposition.

benji_hfc
05-07-2011, 11:33 PM
And see if he does go i personally hope its a young manager/coach from down south who has a good amount of contacts and talks a good game! cause i think if we bring in an experienced manager i think he'll go for experience and sign players like michael hart etc, i'm going to get shot done for this ha :greengrin but owell!

frazeHFC
05-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Does anyone know who started the story that we rejected £300k?

I saw it on SSN.

stokesmessiah
05-07-2011, 11:37 PM
and see if he does go i personally hope its a young manager/coach from down south who has a good amount of contacts and talks a good game! Cause i think if we bring in an experienced manager i think he'll go for experience and sign players like michael hart etc, i'm going to get shot done for this ha :greengrin but owell!

ltyf

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Is The tache not a Rangers song? Or am I becoming confused?

RickyS
06-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Is The tache not a Rangers song? Or am I becoming confused?

:greengrin

basehibby
06-07-2011, 12:11 AM
There's no need for this to be a standalone thread, let's be honest.

In regards to what you're saying: it will never get as far as court. This is all just one big game being played out in the media. No doubt both sides will settle for some middle ground. It wouldn't be beneficial for us to keep CC around now, but then again, it wouldn't be beneficial to have had him for 9 months then to incur a loss due to letting him go on the cheap.

Basically, we should just have faith in Rod.

I doubt this will end up in court - I am happy with the way Petrie is approaching this though. I don't agree with those who think we should have bit the hand off the first bunch of chancers to come waving a chequebook - sets a ridiculous precedent whereby any future manager's contract would barely be worth the paper it's written on.
Forest and McLaren have already caused imense disruption to our pre-season preparations with their unsubtle public wooing and vacuous speculation, and for that reason alone, if Calderwood was to leave, I would want to extract the maximum compensation from them.

benji_hfc
06-07-2011, 12:20 AM
it wouldnt suprise me if it does or nott'm forest recieve atleast a lawyers letter for how public mcclaren is being! like petrie says on thee bbc website he is in !'dangerous territory.' when derek adams came to hibs with that massive ban, petrie got his lawyers in and they went straight to the sfa and asked them why he was suspended and they couldnt have an answer for him. Petrie seems really upset about this and Petrie never loses out to anyone! thats all i'm saying :agree:

Removed
06-07-2011, 12:23 AM
it wouldnt suprise me if it does or nott'm forest recieve atleast a lawyers letter for how public mcclaren is being! like petrie says on thee bbc website he is in !'dangerous territory.' when derek adams came to hibs with that massive ban, petrie got his lawyers in and they went straight to the sfa and asked them why he was suspended and they couldnt have an answer for him. Petrie seems really upset about this and Petrie never loses out to anyone! thats all i'm saying :agree:

Shame he couldn't get the 10 team SPL agreed then to keep up that record :wink:

benji_hfc
06-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Shame he couldn't get the 10 team SPL agreed then to keep up that record :wink:

haha very goood! thats one thing i'm glad the tache lost! i'm all for 16 team league! play each other home and away and have a winter break! would make the league more competitive, it works in holland, i think they do it and there league isnt miles better than us!

anyway am still confident hibs will finish top 6 this season and i also think the suprise team this season could be st mirren!

MON THE CABBAGE!!!:greengrin:cgwa:thumbsup:

Removed
06-07-2011, 12:38 AM
haha very goood! thats one thing i'm glad the tache lost! i'm all for 16 team league! play each other home and away and have a winter break! would make the league more competitive, it works in holland, i think they do it and there league isnt miles better than us!

anyway am still confident hibs will finish top 6 this season and i also think the suprise team this season could be st mirren!

MON THE CABBAGE!!!:greengrin:cgwa:thumbsup:

How do you think Hearts will do?

benji_hfc
06-07-2011, 12:45 AM
they'll do okay cause of the way jefferies sets him teams up to defend and have big target men upfront but they'll be weaker without skacel and if you think about it, they done what hibs done the season before last season, had a lucky spell which took them miles clear challenginf the old firm and then hardly won a game at the back end of the season, in my opinion this season 3rd place is anyone, i have a funny feeling aberdeen or motherwell could get it:rolleyes:

Removed
06-07-2011, 12:55 AM
they'll do okay cause of the way jefferies sets him teams up to defend and have big target men upfront but they'll be weaker without skacel and if you think about it, they done what hibs done the season before last season, had a lucky spell which took them miles clear challenginf the old firm and then hardly won a game at the back end of the season, in my opinion this season 3rd place is anyone, i have a funny feeling aberdeen or motherwell could get it:rolleyes:

What's the story with Skacel :confused:

benji_hfc
06-07-2011, 01:04 AM
asking for too much money i think! good on him cause he always score for them and has a blinder against hibs, the amount of goals he gets from midfield is something hibs desperately lack, personally hes probably just being greedy but good cause it works in our favour if he doesnt sign:greengrin

Ernie Cobra
06-07-2011, 05:46 AM
asking for too much money i think! good on him cause he always score for them and has a blinder against hibs, the amount of goals he gets from midfield is something hibs desperately lack, personally hes probably just being greedy but good cause it works in our favour if he doesnt sign:greengrin

If by us you mean Hibs, i dont understand, because he's *****!

hibbymac
06-07-2011, 05:58 AM

This thread should be merged, .... IMO.

Beefster
06-07-2011, 06:13 AM

You should never put sauce on bacon sandwiches. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Hibbyradge
06-07-2011, 06:20 AM
You should never put sauce on bacon sandwiches. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Wearing black with navy blue is a horrific mistake and yet so easy to avoid.

EasterRoad4Ever
06-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Time is now the issue. IMHO CC has burned all his bridges and cannot stay at ER. He will get absolutely slaughtered by the fans when results go bad, and is unlikely to get the support of the Board when looking to make money decisions.

My fear is that this is likely to get done, about 2 days before the start of the season or end of the transfer window, which leaves us (yet again) with no time to do anything for the season ahead. It is a totally unacceptable situation, that the Bard need to resolve quickly and satisfactorily.

I wonder how many STs we've sold?

Stevie Reid
06-07-2011, 08:51 AM
First greetin, then this!

Stevie, dinnae get yersel in a state. Its no' worth it.:thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
06-07-2011, 09:02 AM
If by us you mean Hibs, i dont understand, because he's *****!

Skacel has scored 29 goals from 64 games (from midfield) in his two spells at Hearts - if only we had someone that *****.

I'll be delighted if he doesn't sign on again at Hearts.

Hibs On Tour
06-07-2011, 11:47 AM
For all those clinging to the forelorn hope that CC still wants to be here, I present Exhibit A:

"There's a contract there that you definitely want to honour, unless something changes and everyone comes to an agreement.

"At that point, I must admit, there would be some interest. But it all depends on a couple of yeses from the chairman."

Source? Colin Calderwood. Endof.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14029729.stm

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 11:53 AM
The situation is, as far as I am aware, there have been a couple of approaches but they haven't been to the satisfaction of the chairman," he said.

Clear as daylight, as soon as they reach Petries valuation he will go. And as far as i'm aware my arse Calderwood, you know everything thats going on, down to the last penny they ware willing to pay you. You are taking us for mugs, GTF.

BEEJ
06-07-2011, 11:59 AM
If you get your facts correct.............YOGI quotes from when he was appointed that the squad of 30ish was far too big & needed trimmed.
Yet he signed three players in the January 2010 transfer window (two of them keepers) and didn't sell or release any. Go figure! :greengrin

And all the long term players who where under contract he would let them run down there contracts & replace them with better (Less quanity better quality)fact
Well if that brain-wave was indeed part of Yogi's legacy then we suffered enormously last season by having the majority of our first team players thinking about their futures rather than that of the team.

Question> What do you mean conducted team affairs
Reports to the board ?
Trainning ? are you a qualified coach etc ? / what do you mean . are you on the board ?
4th two years ago
Do you know for a fact that Yogi was briliant at all these (and every other) aspect of the Manager's job description?

For all those clinging to the forelorn hope that CC still wants to be here, I present Exhibit A:

"There's a contract there that you definitely want to honour, unless something changes and everyone comes to an agreement.

"At that point, I must admit, there would be some interest. But it all depends on a couple of yeses from the chairman."

Source? Colin Calderwood. Endof.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14029729.stm
As stated by a number of folks on here a while ago, once one of the two 'bidding' teams comes up with an offer acceptable to Hibs, the rest will be a formality and will happen pretty quickly.

Dinkydoo
06-07-2011, 12:01 PM
If he wants to he here, by definition he wouldn't have interest in these other clubs being after him. You don't, in fact can't, want to be everywhere at once.

For me, its one thing entirely to say 'if a major club comes in for me as manager then it would be hard to say no - i want to progress as far as i can as a manager' and him basically saying 'a couple of clubs i have links with through one way or other are interested in me stepping down to be a no 2 - i'm still interested though, even though its a backward step'. That's basically as good as saying that - for whatever reason - he's interested in getting away from here, even if that takes dropping back down a level in terms of his career to be a no2 again.

Simple way to prevent people putting words in his mouth would be for CC to actually come out and say something concrete one way or the other instead of playing vague games. IMHO that shows a lack of respect for our club and our fans.

Can't really argue with any of that however, I'd say that the best way for people not to put words in CC's mouth would be to not try to read between the lines everytime a statement comes out. I knwo this can be hard because at the end of the day, everyone on here just wants to know what is happening with the club; and aren't simply appeased by every 'wooly' comment and or/vaguely worded interview that comes from the manager/club.

That aside, I do think that some "fans" are just dying to jump on the first sentence with a hint of ambiguity that comes out of his mouth - probably because they don't (and never have?) wanted him as manager.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Can't really argue with any of that however, I'd say that the best way for people not to put words in CC's mouth would be to not try to read between the lines everytime a statement comes out. I knwo this can be hard because at the end of the day, everyone on here just wants to know what is happening with the club; and aren't simply appeased by every 'wooly' comment and or/vaguely worded interview that comes from the manager/club.

That aside, I do think that some "fans" are just dying to jump on the first sentence with a hint of ambiguity that comes out of his mouth - probably because they don't (and never have?) wanted him as manager.

I dont think you are right, i cant remember there being anyone against him when he was appointed?:confused:

Dinkydoo
06-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I dont think you are right, i cant remember there being anyone against him when he was appointed?:confused:

I'm sure there were a few underwhelmed (sp) and unimpressed posters on here at the time of his appointment; I'm not going to trawl through the threads and have a look now - on my lunch - but I might if I get time later.

Prepared to retract that last bit if I'm wrong - which wouldn't be a first. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm sure there were a few underwhelmed (sp) and unimpressed posters on here at the time of his appointment; I'm not going to trawl through the threads and have a look now - on my lunch - but I might if I get time later.

Prepared to retract that last bit if I'm wrong - which wouldn't be a first. :wink:

You will probably be right that some folk could have been underwhelmed, but i remember his appointment with nearly everyone thinking he was a solid guy, who had a decent pedigree. 99% gave him the thumbs up.

In fact most were just pleased we had a new man and Hughes was out the door. lol

Speedway
06-07-2011, 12:25 PM
You will probably be right that some folk could have been underwhelmed, but i remember his appointment with nearly everyone thinking he was a solid guy, who had a decent pedigree. 99% gave him the thumbs up.

In fact most were just pleased we had a new man and Hughes was out the door. lol

I remember one poster chinned his wife for telling him Hibs had appointed Calderwood and him thinking it was Jimmy.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I remember one poster chinned his wife for telling him Hibs had appointed Calderwood and him thinking it was Jimmy.

:faf::faf::not worth

Captain Trips
06-07-2011, 05:18 PM

I admit I was one and dont hide from that, however as with every manager they need some time to get things sorted, I certainly started a post after a few months maybe end dec/jan time with my concerns that nothing had changed, certainly not expecting us to have been totally turned but I was surprised with pretty much more of the same.

If CC for 1 second thinks RP will not back him over signing just now or RP will not release funds then the statement is really a joke from RP.

If RP can honestly say he would today give CC the rest of the budget for some players tonight then fair enough, I think he knows CC wont as he plans to go, the whole thing is a joke.

WindyMiller
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Obviously I have no idea what compensation figure Scrooge is holding out for but if it's the case of only a couple of hundred grand then I would prefer it if he just accepted Notts Forest's £300K and moved on. If CC stays then there is a strong possibility that results will continue in the same way as they did at the tail end of the season, which will result in his sacking and Hibs having to shell out more compensation money. We need a manager who can give Hibs 100% commitment and that man is not Colin Calderwood.

This saga is lasting longer than "Who shot JR?" and needs to be resolved either way within the next 48 hours.

They haven't made a formal offer, only a phone call 2 weeksago!

Mikey
06-07-2011, 05:45 PM
They haven't made a formal offer, only a phone call 2 weeksago!

It's astonishing how many people just can't get their head round that.

stevej
06-07-2011, 05:47 PM
The situation is, as far as I am aware, there have been a couple of approaches but they haven't been to the satisfaction of the chairman," he said.

Clear as daylight, as soon as they reach Petries valuation he will go. And as far as i'm aware my arse Calderwood, you know everything thats going on, down to the last penny they ware willing to pay you. You are taking us for mugs, GTF.

Calderwood will be speaking to McClaren on a daily basis discussing progress or lack of it

Westie1875
06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Calderwood will be speaking to McClaren on a daily basis discussing progress or lack of it

Why when Hibs have only had one call from Forrest 2 weeks ago, hardly much to talk about on a daily basis?

Ed De Gramo
06-07-2011, 05:51 PM

McLaren can bolt....a failure of a manager who will hopefully crash and burn at Forest.

Forest should be reported for tapping our manager

Sas_The_Hibby
06-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Why when Hibs have only had one call from Forrest 2 weeks ago, hardly much to talk about on a daily basis?

They're analysing every word of the phone call, but just one word per day. :greengrin

truehibernian
06-07-2011, 06:02 PM
McLaren can bolt....a failure of a manager who will hopefully crash and burn at Forest.

Forest should be reported for tapping our manager

I would be absolutely astonished if Hibernian are not working on that very report, in the background, whilst this is going on. But a 'tapping up' report has to be evidenced as it could go all the way to arbitration........as we all know by now, Rod Petrie dots every 'i' and crosses every 't'. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail as they say.........Rod never prepares to fail IMO.......hence I can see Forest's chairman, as astute as he is too, in the far weakened position and one where he may have no choice but to relent and pay way over the odds to get his man. This could in fact be one of the stumbling blocks to the move to Forest. Rod may be dangling the 'tapping' carrot in front of him.

Either way, I am certain Hibs will report them.

BEEJ
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Including yourself, it would seem:

Let me say this for the last time, I supported Hughes and thought he initially did a very good job. He took a struggling side to a european spot. Things turned sour around the middle of February, and we struggled for the next 3 months, but still managed to finish 4th.

He deserved a chance to turn things round, but couldn't and was rightly sacked, ...

Post #3212 on the mega CC thread.

:wink:

Disco Dave
06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Just managed to see that joke of a statement he released, what was that all about? First of, who is he trying to kid, using selective stats to make out that Calderwood is a good manager when everything I've seen says the complete opposite, I think he's just trying to cover his arse so that when Colin leaves, which I think he will, it gets him off the hook for appointing a dud of a manager.

Secondly his pop at Yogi, an unworkable legacy? What about the unworkable legacy that Yogi was left with and he still managed to get us 4th place, in Europe and above Hearts? Pretty pointless comment about a good hibby and was certainly below the belt.

Petrie hang your head in shame.

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Just managed to see that joke of a statement he released, what was that all about? First of, who is he trying to kid, using selective stats to make out that Calderwood is a good manager when everything I've seen says the complete opposite, I think he's just trying to cover his arse so that when Colin leaves, which I think he will, it gets him off the hook for appointing a dud of a manager.

Secondly his pop at Yogi, an unworkable legacy? What about the unworkable legacy that Yogi was left with and he still managed to get us 4th place, in Europe and above Hearts? Pretty pointless comment about a good hibby and was certainly below the belt.

1. He's not trying to kid anyone by using selective stats. If he was, why would he even say that he was using selective stats? Seems a little counter-intuitive to try and kid people while also pointing out the fact. I don't believe he was using the stats to prove anything other than the fact that it wasn't all bad.

2. He didn't mention the mess that Yogi inherited because the statement was about Calderwood and what he was left to work with when he arrived. Yogi had it coming with his own statements in the press. That said, it could have been handled better but it made me smile. :)

I guess he could have also raised his hand and said something like, "I am not blameless, I appointed these managers" but that wouldn't really fit in with the general message and I don't think we need to hear him say that to know that it's true.

ancient hibee
06-07-2011, 08:07 PM

Get a grip-if he's so poor at his job why would two Championship clubs want to have him anywhere near?

Northfield Hibby
06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Get a grip-if he's so poor at his job why would two Championship clubs want to have him anywhere near?

Who cares why they want him, just get rid of him!!!

He doesn't want to be here, for me that's enough evidence to get shot off him!!!

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM

He doesn't want to be here, for me that's enough evidence to get shot off him!!!

I think the point being made was that CC surely can't be that poor if there are other clubs looking for him. I'm not backing that statement but one would think that two Championship managers can't be wrong about his coaching abilities? Hey, maybe they are.

snooky
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Re. the stats quote -
It was like the Mayor of Washington DC saying that " DC has the lowest crime rate in the USA if you don't count the murders".

Re. the dig at Yogi -
I thought the use of the word 'incumbent' was unnecessary and tacky especially as it wasn't a slip of the tongue but calculated.

Poor show IMO.

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Re. the stats quote -
It was like the Mayor of Washington DC saying that " DC has the lowest crime rate in the USA if you don't count the murders".

Not arguing with you but I think a fairer (although totally made-up) analogy would be, "We may have had 500 murders this year but in February we only had 2". :)

Northfield Hibby
06-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I think the point being made was that CC surely can't be that poor if there are other clubs looking for him. I'm not backing that statement but one would think that two Championship managers can't be wrong about his coaching abilities? Hey, maybe they are.

Not doubting his qualities as a coach, but he doesn't want to be the manager of Hibernian, for me that's enough to get rid off!!!

truehibernian
06-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Re. the stats quote -

Re. the dig at Yogi -
I thought the use of the word 'incumbent' was unnecessary and tacky especially as it wasn't a slip of the tongue but calculated.

Poor show IMO.

True, but the flipside of that is that RP and Scott Lindsay had to listen not on just one occasion, and on various media outlets, Hughes take numerous swipes at them (in a snide way and himself not naming them). Yet when he was in post, time after time after time he was the one saying he got on great with the chairman and couldn't speak highly of the way the club was run and how professional it was.........the fact Hughes remains unemployed and with no one really showing interest speaks volumes for me. I would have called him worse than an incumbent, but again, it's only my opinion.

I am sure that was inserted as a result of Hughes' very recent appearance on Sportsound and what he came out with.

snooky
06-07-2011, 08:41 PM
True, but the flipside of that is that RP and Scott Lindsay had to listen not on just one occasion, and on various media outlets, Hughes take numerous swipes at them (in a snide way and himself not naming them). Yet when he was in post, time after time after time he was the one saying he got on great with the chairman and couldn't speak highly of the way the club was run and how professional it was.........the fact Hughes remains unemployed and with no one really showing interest speaks volumes for me. I would have called him worse than an incumbent, but again, it's only my opinion.

I am sure that was inserted as a result of Hughes' very recent appearance on Sportsound and what he came out with.

The point I am trying to make is that Yogi's diatribe is not (IMO) out of character.
RP's cutting statement is ..........or then again, maybe not :hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Including yourself, it would seem:

Post #3212 on the mega CC thread.

:wink:

To be fair, i have said it a few times on many different threads. Some folk just ignore it though to have a pop at me. :wink:

Disco Dave
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Why is it that these legends get treated abysmally by the tache and Calderwood gets backed? I think Petries feeling the pressure and is trying to cover his arse.

And this is with some of the guys mentioned giving us success, Calderwood has been abysmal, that's plain for anyone watching to see, just look at what Rankin had to say about him.

Goodbye Colin and goodbye Rod.

lapsedhibee
06-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Re. the stats quote -

Not arguing with you but I think a fairer (although totally made-up) analogy would be, "We may have had 500 murders this year but in February we only had 2". :)

:confused: What's this? Are you saying that Stevie 'Fail' Fail is the Mayor of Washington now? :confused:

frazeHFC
06-07-2011, 09:08 PM
From the 4 you have mentioned, all of them were not good enough managers when at us imo. Calderwood is no better though.

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 09:22 PM
:confused: What's this? Are you saying that Stevie 'Fail' Fail is the Mayor of Washington now? :confused:

I'm not sure I understand your question. All I was doing was changing the comparison from:
Washington vs the rest of the US
to
Washington vs Washington

which is what RP did when he selected stats from one part of the season (February) while glossing over the "murders" throughout the rest of the year / season.

The Falcon
06-07-2011, 09:33 PM

So the next player or manager who alludes to the fact they might be interested in going somewhere else we should just "get rid"?

Mibbes Aye
06-07-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. All I was doing was changing the comparison from:
Washington vs the rest of the US
to
Washington vs Washington

which is what RP did when he selected stats from one part of the season (February) while glossing over the "murders" throughout the rest of the year / season.

It's one of those old and longstanding jokes or conceits.

Stevie 'Fail' Fail, when Hearts manager, once made a statement to the press which was something along the lines of "We won two games in February and if we had won the other ones too, and February was actually the whole season, then we would be really good" or some such intricate but ultimately fatuous nonsense.

Stevie "Fail" Fail was brilliant :agree: (obviously not in a managerial sense though.....or in a 'having a backbone and some self-respect' sense either)

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 09:44 PM

It's one of those old and longstanding jokes or conceits.

Stevie 'Fail' Fail, when Hearts manager, once made a statement to the press which was something along the lines of "We won two games in February and if we had won the other ones too, and February was actually the whole season, then we would be really good" or some such intricate but ultimately fatuous nonsense.

Stevie "Fail" Fail was brilliant :agree: (obviously not in a managerial sense though.....or in a 'having a backbone and some self-respect' sense either)

Thanks. Dawn raises over Marblehead. :)

Jimmy Belter
06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=BEEJ;2851020]Yet he signed three players in the January 2010 transfer window (two of them keepers) and didn't sell or release any. Go figure! :greengrin

You`ll find the squad was reduced from the one he inherited.

Well if that brain-wave was indeed part of Yogi's legacy then we suffered enormously last season by having the majority of our first team players thinking about their futures rather than that of the team.

He did not sign them up on long term deals (that was managers before & the board)..............if no one want`s to sign them them your stuck with them because they are under contract.sometimes you have to look to a longer term planning and not having 6 odd managers in 6 seasons.

Do you know for a fact that Yogi was briliant at all these (and every other) aspect of the Manager's job description?

The previous poster was stating facts and certain points am only asking him give a little more detail ? is he a board member ? or was he talking to someone in a pub...... ? ha ha (or was he just giving his opion based on ....what ?...........................Or is it Rod.?

HibsMax
06-07-2011, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=BEEJ;2851020]Yet he signed three players in the January 2010 transfer window (two of them keepers) and didn't sell or release any. Go figure! :greengrin

You`ll find the squad was reduced from the one he inherited.

He did not sign them up on long term deals (that was managers before & the board)..............if no one want`s to sign them them your stuck with them because they are under contract.sometimes you have to look to a longer term planning and not having 6 odd managers in 6 seasons.

The previous poster was stating facts and certain points am only asking him give a little more detail ? is he a board member ? or was he talking to someone in a pub...... ? ha ha (or was he just giving his opion based on ....what ?...........................Or is it Rod.?

He says as CC is booed out the door. ;) As it happens I agree, we need someone in to build stability but we can't get that with such a high turnover. I think that means we need to:
1. accept some poor results as the team is rebuilt (preferably not over and over again),
2. hire a manager who can get great results right away.

BEEJ
06-07-2011, 11:04 PM
He did not sign them up on long term deals (that was managers before & the board)..............if no one want`s to sign them them your stuck with them because they are under contract.

sometimes you have to look to a longer term planning and not having 6 odd managers in 6 seasons.

Not really a strategy of Yogi's devising then, was it? He did not have the option to release them.

More to do with the financial regime in which he was required to operate.

IWasThere2016
07-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Not really a strategy of Yogi's devising then, was it? He did not have the option to release them.

It was cock n bull eg a loada bull from a cock! If 'mastermind' was playing a clearout why did he give longer deals eg beyond 10/11 to the Chuckle Brothers that are Hart and EDG? Other than of course they were his 'marque' signings!!! :grr:

Caversham Green
07-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Re. the dig at Yogi -

Poor show IMO.

:confused: Not sure what's wrong with the word 'incumbent'. It just means the holder of a position such as manager, which is exactly what Yogi was and Calderwood is - at least for the time being.

Part/Time Supporter
07-07-2011, 07:56 AM

The first that anyone heard of Yogi's grand strategy (arf) was after he was fired.

pacorosssco
07-07-2011, 08:07 AM
The first that anyone heard of Yogi's grand strategy (arf) was after he was fired.

Yogi did mention pre season 2010 that big decisons would be made and fans favorites could be moved on . He also hinted at not being happy with squad in general. In addition in the good run we had he stressed we were way ahead of schedule.

To sum up . Hurry up and leave CC .