PDA

View Full Version : Akpo wants Nigeria call up

hibee1994
04-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Hibernian TV are set to include a interview with Akpo Sodje where he talks about his wishes to recieve a call-up from Nigeria. Based on what we have seen so far, do you guys think he could get one?

Personally i like the guy but they have some good forwards including Obafemi Martins, Chinedu Obasi, Yakubu and Kanu. I just don't think he would attract that kind of attention at his age and at hibs.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110704/hibernian-tv-half-price-offer_2262950_2386356

(Third last paragraph)

DC_Hibs
04-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Listen Akpo, if you're reading this son you have no chance of representing Nigeria........unless its at the Pole vault.
Concentrate on doing the business for the cabbage and you will be fine OK.

Granted its good for the individual player but I have no desire to see any of our players representing their country whether its the foreigners like The Sodj or the local guys playing in front of the Tartan trumpets. There's no great benefit to Hibs (increased fee when they leave?) and there is the chance of them picking up an injury, leaving us for a month half way through our season (like Bamba) or being tapped up by an old firm prick.

Regards

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Didn't that Aluko sort, get a call up for Nigeria while playing for Aiberdeen?

hibee1994
04-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Didn't that Aluko sort, get a call up for Nigeria while playing for Aiberdeen?

Never noticed that but yeah he did, was against Republic of Ireland in a friendly. He was young though, they might have seen potential in him and gave him a shot. Akpo is 31 i think.

Purehibee_MYB
04-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Listen Akpo, if you're reading this son you have no chance of representing Nigeria........unless its at the Pole vault.
Concentrate on doing the business for the cabbage and you will be fine OK.

Granted its good for the individual player but I have no desire to see any of our players representing their country whether its the foreigners like The Sodj or the local guys playing in front of the Tartan trumpets. There's no great benefit to Hibs (increased fee when they leave?) and there is the chance of them picking up an injury, leaving us for a month half way through our season (like Bamba) or being tapped up by an old firm prick.

Regards

Great honour to play for your country...and if one of our players gets called up for their country it means they are playing well...

and the World Cup is usually one of the best spectacles in football

LeithBoozy
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I dont see what his age has to do with it, if he strikes up a good partnership with Garry O and keeps scoring freely who knows. Unlike this country, other International teams have a habit of picking players on form. :wink:

hibee1994
04-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I dont see what his age has to do with it, if he strikes up a good partnership with Garry O and keeps scoring freely who knows. Unlike this country, other International teams have a habit of picking players on form. :wink:

Was merely suggesting that there is a good bunch of forwards to pick from and if they feel Akpo has hit his peak then it could be hard for him to break into the team. I don't see why he can't, just think it will be tough for him.

NOLA
05-07-2011, 01:53 AM

cant see sodje + goc playing as a partnership, too similar.

Beefster
05-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Listen Akpo, if you're reading this son you have no chance of representing Nigeria

That's him told.

Akpo, if you're reading. Do the business for Hibs this season and who knows what'll happen. Don't give up though.

KWJ
05-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I <3 Akpo :not worth

Get him in the Scotland team :aok:

--------
05-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I <3 Akpo :not worth

Get him in the Scotland team :aok:

:music: "There was a Sodje, a Scottish Sodje..." :party:

Shaggy
05-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Akpo will have to get the playstation oot if he wants to be an international.
Tonight was probably his poorest game in a hibs top, last season he was challenging and winning most crosses etc, he didnt do much in a full 90 minutes.

...... But very early days, the rest of our big guns arent sharp or fit either,........... but it was good to see some of the young yins git a run.

It will come together, lets no get on there backs right away, please

DH1875
06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Not sure about the current state of Nigerian football but you only have to look at Sol Bamba to see that anythings possible :thumbsup:.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-07-2011, 06:28 PM
the local guys playing in front of the Tartan trumpets.

Nae need!