PDA

View Full Version : Genius in the Daily Record Today

brog
04-07-2011, 10:23 AM
My email, below, which I just sent to DR is self explanatory. This buffoon, presumably a Jambo, says he's going to double up with Andy Murray never winning Wimbledon. The thing is he thinks he's so smart sending in that comment whereas it reveals he has the brainpower of, well a Yam I suppose!

Today's correspondent, supposedly William Hill from Newcraighall says he has a bet on Hibs never winning the Scottish Cup in his lifetime. The man's a genius, how is he ever going to collect on that bet? Please ask him to direct any future bets of that nature to me!

Bostonhibby
04-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Are they offering any prices on the Yams going into administration or receivership in his lifeftime, or maybe them being forced to relocate out of Edinburgh / the bus shelter in his lifetime?:greengrin

Torto7062
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
:wtf:

R'Albin
04-07-2011, 11:10 AM
:faf: what a tool!

Removed
04-07-2011, 11:14 AM
:faf: what a tool!

:agree: :faf:

Imagine not being around to say ' I told you so' and give it a big giruy

Newry Hibs
04-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Only Fools and Horses had a quip about the (gangster) Driscoll brothers ...

'Some guru had predicted the world was going to end - Danny Driscoll bet a grand that it would. And he's the brains of the outfit'.

Cracker
04-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Hope Hibs make the Final this season! He will be filling his
pants in case his bet regarding Hibs comes up!

brog
04-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Only Fools and Horses had a quip about the (gangster) Driscoll brothers ...

'Some guru had predicted the world was going to end - Danny Driscoll bet a grand that it would. And he's the brains of the outfit'.

I was in USA in May, at time that some old preacher predicted the Apocalypse, May 21 or thereabouts. There were billboards everywhere, only in USA! A talk show host that night said they had called the preacher for a comment, " ah well " he said, " it's not the end of the world ". Classic!
Maybe the Preacher & the Yam could get together!!

aberhibsfc
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Hope Hibs make the Final this season! He will be filling his
pants in case his bet regarding Hibs comes up!

Maybe not, he might die first.

Franck Stanton
04-07-2011, 05:04 PM
As far as the S/Cup is concerned and our yearly capitulation in that competition he [or should I say his surviving relatives] could be on a winner.

HibsMax
04-07-2011, 05:06 PM
[/B]

I was in USA in May, at time that some old preacher predicted the Apocalypse, May 21 or thereabouts. There were billboards everywhere, only in USA! A talk show host that night said they had called the preacher for a comment, " ah well " he said, " it's not the end of the world ". Classic!
Maybe the Preacher & the Yam could get together!!

I didn't see any. Don't tar us all with the same brush. :wink: EVERYONE I know thinks the guy is a nut.

The article I read said that he was off with his calculations and that the end of the world is really in October. I haven't looked for any further amendments to that date though.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I didn't see any. Don't tar us all with the same brush. :wink: EVERYONE I know thinks the guy is a nut.

The article I read said that he was off with his calculations and that the end of the world is really in October. I haven't looked for any further amendments to that date though.

Is it not December 12th 2012? I'll have given away all my wordly possessions by then, as I don't want to pay for excess baggage when I depart for Paradise (or warmer climes! :greengrin). Of course it means only one more crack at the Scottish Cup for us and one more crack at Wimbledon for Andy.

So the Hearts punter will probably win his bet and it'll go into his estate......oh, wait a minute...........

snooky
04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Is it not December 12th 2012? I'll have given away all my wordly possessions by then, as I don't want to pay for excess baggage when I depart for Paradise (or warmer climes! :greengrin). Of course it means only one more crack at the Scottish Cup for us and one more crack at Wimbledon for Andy.

So the Hearts punter will probably win his bet and it'll go into his estate......oh, wait a minute...........

NostraDAMNus! There goes my retirement. :boo hoo:

madabouthibs
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Hold on a tad, I'm confused. :confused:

Didn't the world end in May '86? :greengrin

oldbutdim
04-07-2011, 06:04 PM
My email, below, which I just sent to DR is self explanatory. This buffoon, presumably a Jambo, says he's going to double up with Andy Murray never winning Wimbledon. The thing is he thinks he's so smart sending in that comment whereas it reveals he has the brainpower of, well a Yam I suppose!

Today's correspondent, supposedly William Hill from Newcraighall says he has a bet on Hibs never winning the Scottish Cup in his lifetime. The man's a genius, how is he ever going to collect on that bet? Please ask him to direct any future bets of that nature to me!

I'll stick a tenner on Hibs to win the Scottish Cup next season then, and in the spirit of friendly rivalry let's hope we both win our bets.

snooky
04-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I'll stick a tenner on Hibs to win the Scottish Cup next season then, and in the spirit of friendly rivalry let's hope we both win our bets.

:faf: :agree:

Removed
04-07-2011, 06:10 PM

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
04-07-2011, 06:46 PM

:agree: Thats how I recall it, think it must be the real thing as the Yams said they were going to file their actual accounts and pay Arbroath in November that year. I will be spending all my money and drinking everything in the cabinet on 30th September.

Tricla
04-07-2011, 06:51 PM
What a Yam plank.

Big Frank
04-07-2011, 07:23 PM

:tee hee:

SkintHibby
04-07-2011, 07:29 PM

HM, just wondering, are you Scottish or American?

NOLA
05-07-2011, 02:04 AM

you can have my tenner aswell, i was gonna drop it down the toilet anyhow

deek
05-07-2011, 06:31 AM
you can have my tenner aswell, i was gonna drop it down the toilet anyhow

Ladbrokes are giving 16/1 for us to win the SC

brog
05-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Apologies, I was in California, probably explains it all!! :wink: I know you Bostonians are cool, actually my fav US city after SF.

HibsMax
05-07-2011, 06:32 PM

I believe that date is the ones the Mayan's came up with. But they were crap at maths and astronomy so what the hell do they know? :)

More here if you want to read... (http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/)