RIP
03-07-2011, 08:36 PM
The whole squad less O'Hanlon were on show

What did you think of the young lads?

Jonnyboy
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
The whole squad less O'Hanlon were on show

What did you think of the young lads?

Thought they all performed well on the day. Was delighted to see Scott Smith get a run as I really rate him but as I say, happy with all of them really :agree:

paxtonhibby
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Thought they all performed well on the day. Was delighted to see Scott Smith get a run as I really rate him but as I say, happy with all of them really :agree:
that lad horner certainly looks promising,very impressed.David Crawford maybe still on the light side.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2011, 09:16 PM
that lad horner certainly looks promising,very impressed.David Crawford maybe still on the light side.

:agree: I had a couple of friends with me who are more used to seeing Chelsea / EPL fare, both were raving about Callum Booth, and seeing Pat Nevin sitting on the terracing wi his fellow Hibs fans :thumbsup:

Crab apple
03-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Lewis Horner (number 22 I think) impressed me playing in the middle first half. Both the first half and second half teams looked very organised. What a difference from last pre season. Special mention for Sodje too. he chased and harried and looked as if he cared.

Good journey down to Berwick on the train and an enjoyable day but I'm still suffering with the sunburn.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Spoil the upbeat atmos and say that I can't see GOC being ready for the season start. He has got to put a power of gym work in as well as playing time to shed that heavy frame. That could see him all spent come kick off time. Sodje looking good. If he can get 15+ goals this season and plenty of assists that will be a job well done. Can't see him and GOC as a front two though. Too samey.

Franck Stanton
03-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Good run out for all concerned, was awee bit surprised to see Ivan on the left , however he looked sharp and will be an asset. Both "teams" played well enough and were in complete control of the game.

hfc rd
03-07-2011, 11:46 PM
I went down with my cousin who is a Man Utd season ticket holder and he was really impressed with Callum Booth and Lewis Horner. Thought that it won't be long till these two are plying their trade in the EPL.

Golden Bear
04-07-2011, 07:24 AM
There were no failures but in my eyes Lewis Horner looked the pick of the bunch. He was comfortable on the ball and didn't look afraid to take his opponents on.

It's the first time I've seen the guy play but on Saturday's evidence it certainly won't be the last time I see him in the first team.

:thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
04-07-2011, 07:43 AM
what position is horner?

Golden Bear
04-07-2011, 07:54 AM
what position is horner?

The players were exchanging positions frequently on Saturday but he seemed to be playing in central midfield for most of the time.

seanraff07
04-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Horner and Booth both played really well I thought, hopefully this is a new crop of successful youngsters coming up.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Horner and Booth both played really well I thought, hopefully this is a new crop of successful youngsters coming up.

I dont know much about Horner, hopefully he is a player. Callum Booth i have seen a lot of, and if he can improve again, i believe he can be a superstar. He has it all, a bit of pace, skill, can beat a man and has even scored.

He looked so good in his first season, comfortable on the ball, plays with his head up and can pick a pass out too. I have a very good feeling about this boy.

seanraff07
04-07-2011, 09:13 AM
I dont know much about Horner, hopefully he is a player. Callum Booth i have seen a lot of, and if he can improve again, i believe he can be a superstar. He has it all, a bit of pace, skill, can beat a man and has even scored.

He looked so good in his first season, comfortable on the ball, plays with his head up and can pick a pass out too. I have a very good feeling about this boy.

Agreed. I know, he is probably our most direct player apart from Sproule maybe, he just picks the ball up in our own half and drives at the opposition midfield/defence. I really think if we keep Sproule in the position he was in on Saturday, him and Booth could work excellently down the left.

RIP
04-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Danny Galbraith always impresses with his directness but looks like he suffers from that 'poor final ball' syndrome that affected Ivan first time around

R'Albin
04-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Danny Galbraith always impresses with his directness but looks like he suffers from that 'poor final ball' syndrome that affected Ivan first time around

:agree: think he has the potential to be a good player, good to hear Horner is doing well. Imo we have a very exciting bunch of youngsters coming through- Galbraith, Booth, Hanlon, Horner, Palsson, Stephens, Wotherspoon, Handling etc, even Thornhill is only 22(?) And we also have a few experienced players now that will help them develop.

If we get the right manager in when CC goes I think we will have a good season:flag:

Keith_M
04-07-2011, 01:09 PM
what position is horner?

:dunno:

Sat in a corner?

Wotherspiniesta
04-07-2011, 02:15 PM

Sounds a bit similar to Wotherspoon when he broke through. Hopefully Callum can be a little more consistant than David has.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Sounds a bit similar to Wotherspoon when he broke through. Hopefully Callum can be a little more consistant than David has.

Not for me, i personally think Booth has much more ability than Wotherspoon. I think he looks more comfortable on the ball, passes it better, crosses it better. Can go past a man easier and is just generally a better footballer

frazeHFC
04-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Never went but excited for tomorrow.

I saw Horner against Dunfermline last year and liked the look of him. If he plays a part in every friendly then hopefully he will be ready for the SPL.