PDA

View Full Version : NHC Wimmens football do they know the rules

H18sry
03-07-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0WoUOqUKOA&feature=player_embedded#at=18 :wtf:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2011, 04:58 PM
There are only two, make sure their mans dinners on and the washings done before they kick off. :duck:

H18sry
03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
There are only two, make sure their mans dinners on and the washings done before they kick off. :duck:

And dinny catch the ba in the box unless your the goalie :agree:

hibee92
03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
complete madness!

Removed
03-07-2011, 05:06 PM

and the beers are chilled :agree:

Betty Boop
03-07-2011, 05:16 PM

I see you are still living in the dark ages. :na na:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2011, 05:18 PM
I see you are still living in the dark ages. :na na:

:agree::wink:

itchy07
03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
To be fair, was there not one like this at Partick Thistle? Only that one had hit the back of the net, bounced out and picked up by the defender. All of this missed by the ref and his assistants!

itchy07
03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I seem to recall the sheep were playing Partick

Speedway
03-07-2011, 06:16 PM
To be fair, I've loved watching the Women's World Cup.

It took me back to the glory days of when you'd get a game going with your mates on the local park during the summer evenings, all of you slaughtered from a night's drinking, and the game would be filled with mi**** crosses, sclaffed shots and fresh air headers (with the ball smacking you in the puss on your way back down from your valiant jump to meet it)

Quality, just lacks the sportman-like shirt swapping at the end.

Removed
03-07-2011, 06:25 PM
To be fair, I've loved watching the Women's World Cup.

It took me back to the glory days of when you'd get a game going with your mates on the local park during the summer evenings, all of you slaughtered from a night's drinking, and the game would be filled with mi**** crosses, sclaffed shots and fresh air headers (with the ball smacking you in the puss on your way back down from your valiant jump to meet it)

Quality, just lacks the sportman-like shirt swapping at the end.

Classic swear filter. Mis hit ends up with 4 **** :faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-07-2011, 06:47 PM

And the hoose is clean! :tee hee:

sadtom
03-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Refs/men/scottish fitba players. Do they know the rules?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

lapsedhibee
03-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Refs/men/scottish fitba players. Do they know the rules?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

Michael O'Neill doesn't even bother to harass the ref about that decision! Clearly doesn't care enough to be a Hibs-class manager. O'Neill Out! :agree:

Judas Iscariot
03-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Women's fitba is pish..

Like watching a lower league Sunday amateur game :wink:

Wembley67
03-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I honestly think women shouldnt even be allowed into football grounds full stop even as a supporter...super sexist aye but traditionally it was a mans game at 3pm when the blokes left the lemons in the house with the kids.

And aye, I know games rarely kick off at 3pm now :rolleyes:

Greentinted
03-07-2011, 08:23 PM
I honestly think women shouldnt even be allowed into football grounds full stop even as a supporter...super sexist aye but traditionally it was a mans game at 3pm when the blokes left the lemons in the house with the kids.

I always find this to be a bit of a cliched misnomer. My grandmother was one of several women who attended football matches from the 1920s onwards. You just have to glance at the crowd shots here - http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=29657 - and while there isn't a massive proportion of the crowd who are female, there are certainly enough ladies to put the inaccurate perception of its halcyonic 'male-only' environment to bed.

NAE NOOKIE
03-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Who says girls cant catch :greengrin

Anybody who seriously says girls shouldnt play fitba or even watch it needs to get into the 20st century P.D.Q. before we get too far into the 21st.

Anyway .... No Brazilian girls at the world cup ......... Unthinkable !!!

Sodje_18
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
And apprently some men are allowed to play :wink: Judging from the video anyways :greengrin

marinello59
03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I always find this to be a bit of a cliched misnomer. My grandmother was one of several women who attended football matches from the 1920s onwards. You just have to glance at the crowd shots here - http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=29657 - and while there isn't a massive proportion of the crowd who are female, there are certainly enough ladies to put the inaccurate perception of its halcyonic 'male-only' environment to bed.

My Granny followed Buckie Thistle home and away for years. A formidable woman to say the least who I vaguely remember taking me to games when I could have been no older than three years old. I would have loved to see somebody tell her she didn't know the rules of the game.:greengrin

fat freddy
03-07-2011, 09:21 PM

Maude will be spinning in her grave

Sas_The_Hibby
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Michael O'Neill doesn't even bother to harass the ref about that decision! Clearly doesn't care enough to be a Hibs-class manager. O'Neill Out! :agree:

I think the man should be given a chance. I'll wait 'til he's been in the job a full week before I call for his head! :greengrin

marinello59
03-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I think the man should be given a chance. I'll wait 'til he's been in the job a full week before I call for his head! :greengrin

Stuff that. I am already booing his replacement.

Greentinted
03-07-2011, 09:37 PM
My Granny followed Buckie Thistle home and away for years. A formidable woman to say the least who I vaguely remember taking me to games when I could have been no older than three years old. I would have loved to see somebody tell her she didn't know the rules of the game.:greengrin

:agree:
Pretty much in the same boat. If it had been down to the menfolk surrounding me as a nipper I'd maybe never have got into the fitba'. Have ma granny to thank for that (and so many other things too). She was into all sports and would have been rather vexed at the suggestion that she had no business enjoying sport in general and football in particular.

jabis
03-07-2011, 10:29 PM

served a lovely pie if i recall correctly :thumbsup:

brog
04-07-2011, 11:00 AM
We had a similar incident at Dens in the 60's. Eric Stevenson went down in the box, surprise :wink:, & ref seemed to point to the spot. Dundee's right back Alex Hamilton picked the ball up & threw it down in anger. The ref was looking straight at him but as it bounced someone wellied it clear & ref waved play on. From memory we lost 4-3!!

Woody1985
04-07-2011, 11:39 AM
To be fair, was there not one like this at Partick Thistle? Only that one had hit the back of the net, bounced out and picked up by the defender. All of this missed by the ref and his assistants!

Except the defender had a valid reason to pick up the ball as a goal was scored.

We'll get technology one day.