PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Arms, Berwick upon Tweed

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Sitting in the boozer taking dogs abuse for a number of Hibbies singing Irish "songs" after yesterdays game.

Parkhead is the place for that pish!

Dashing Bob S
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Sitting in the boozer taking dogs abuse for a number of Hibbies singing Irish "songs" after yesterdays game.

And what sort of Oirish songs would dem so-called Hoibernian supporters only be after singin?

scoopyboy
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM

Sorry HH, were you taking abuse from a number of Hibbies or taking abuse for (as on behalf of) a number of Hibbies?

It's not clear from your post.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Guilty by association! Nae interest in reciting said songs myself.

marinello59
03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
And what sort of Oirish songs would dem so-called Hoibernian supporters only be after singin?

The Sash?:dunno:

scoopyboy
03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Guilty by association! Nae interest in reciting said songs myself.

I was in before the game through the back in the beer garden.

Busy but no singing of Irish songs.

Only incident of note was one lad getting knocked into an elephant grass bush by a right hook. He got up sharpish, inserted fag back into mouth and then looked about as if to say I wonder if anybody noticed that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
The beer garden looks good, soon as the tennis is finished i'm going to get my bald head burnt for an hour or two!

Cabbage East
03-07-2011, 04:41 PM
It wis U2 - Where the streets have no name

Vini1875
03-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Maybe to the people giving out the dogs abuse you could've replied "So what?". Hibbys singing Irish songs, what is wrong with that?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM
No ta! by all accounts 1875 et al wernae worthy of a mention.

Dinkydoo
04-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Maybe to the people giving out the dogs abuse you could've replied "So what?". Hibbys singing Irish songs, what is wrong with that?

We are a Scottish team playing in a Scottish league..............

The only songs we should be singing are about football.

Vini1875
04-07-2011, 12:59 PM

The only songs we should be singing are about football.

I agree when it comes to football grounds, but what difference does it make in a pub. I'm a Hibby albeit not Scottish, but you're telling me I have to stick to a strict code of conduct while going to and coming from Hibs games.

There are plenty of songs sung by our fans in football grounds that I don't like or make me cringe, but ultimately I think if I'm not singing them then it is no reflection on me. I am sure I have sung songs which were equally as cringeworthy to others because we all have our own ideas about what is fine and what is not.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-07-2011, 09:12 PM
shades of Temple Bar few years when a Celtic fan started off the Reb tunes. Then the bar staff whacked on a reb CD! Most amusing with a cross-section of miffed and not so miffed Hibbies!

monktonharp
04-07-2011, 09:40 PM

The only songs we should be singing are about football.oh dear ! whatever next . a few Hibs fans singing Irish songs and ballads, and in a pub too!

Dinkydoo
04-07-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree when it comes to football grounds, but what difference does it make in a pub. I'm a Hibby albeit not Scottish, but you're telling me I have to stick to a strict code of conduct while going to and coming from Hibs games.

There are plenty of songs sung by our fans in football grounds that I don't like or make me cringe, but ultimately I think if I'm not singing them then it is no reflection on me. I am sure I have sung songs which were equally as cringeworthy to others because we all have our own ideas about what is fine and what is not.

Where did I say that you had to stick to a code of conduct going to or from games?

I said that we are a Scottish team playing in a Scottish league and therefore really shouldn't be singing about any else other than football.

Dinkydoo
04-07-2011, 09:43 PM
oh dear ! whatever next . a few Hibs fans singing Irish songs and ballads, and in a pub too!

I fail to see what your point is....

Hibernia Na Eir
05-07-2011, 06:42 AM
I fail to see what your point is....

i can see his point.

Dinkydoo
05-07-2011, 09:08 AM
i can see his point.

Apart from the post being a snide dig directed towards me because I said that I didn't think Hibs fans should sing about things other than football, there doesn't appear to be any point to it - it doesn't bring anything else to the debate nor does it even seem relevant to my post; the comment insinuates that I'm making a big deal out of this, which I am not.

I can't understand why football fans would want to sing about anything other than football - that is all.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Apart from the post being a snide dig directed towards me because I said that I didn't think Hibs fans should sing about things other than football, there doesn't appear to be any point to it - it doesn't bring anything else to the debate nor does it even seem relevant to my post; the comment insinuates that I'm making a big deal out of this, which I am not.

I can't understand why football fans would want to sing about anything other than football - that is all.

i agree, but it happens and Hibs fans are not the worst by any means.

The irony is, its probably (Glasgow) Rangers fans that were insulted by Hibs fans in Berwick upon Tweed. Sums it up really. The world is crawling with them.
:flag:

Dinkydoo
05-07-2011, 11:28 AM
i agree, but it happens and Hibs fans are not the worst by any means.

The irony is, its probably (Glasgow) Rangers fans that were insulted by Hibs fans in Berwick upon Tweed. Sums it up really. The world is crawling with them.
:flag:

Oh yes, I am well aware of that!

Rangers fans singing "Oh to die a...." whilst Alen Orman was suffering from an epileptic fit during warm up is probably the worst I've ever seen.

Hibernian F.C are better than this - something I'm sure we both agree on.

GGTTH :flag: