PDA

View Full Version : The Shop......

madabouthibs
02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
:confused: Why oh why do they run out of some new kit pre-season???
Went in today to get my lad the new away strip..... surprise surprise, no kids socks!
Last summer, we went in to get him the new home kit, they'd run out of shorts! How the **** can this happen? Do they not realise that most of their sales of new kit are gonna be at this time of year? Why have loads and loads of strips, but no bloody socks??? I'd order them online for delivery when they come in, but I'd then have to pay for P+P!! Very Mickey Mouse in my humblest one....... :confused:

Petrie, SORT IT!

Removed
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Went in today to get my lad the new away strip..... surprise surprise, no kids socks!
Last summer, we went in to get him the new home kit, they'd run out of shorts! How the **** can this happen? Do they not realise that most of their sales of new kit are gonna be at this time of year? Why have loads and loads of strips, but no bloody socks??? I'd order them online for delivery when they come in, but I'd then have to pay for P+P!! Very Mickey Mouse in my humblest one....... :confused:

Petrie, SORT IT!

Wrong director getting the blame here but sentiment is spot on imo. Shambles.

H18sry
02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Socks never came in when the strips did my boys still waiting on the home socks :grr:

Twiglet
02-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Socks never came in when the strips did my boys still waiting on the home socks :grr:

:agree:Heard the Aussie woman in the shop saying to someone that there was a delay with Puma for the socks. It was either delay the whole kit or launch the strips without the socks. She never told the person when they were coming in, don't know if they do know yet.

paxtonhibby
02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
:agree:Heard the Aussie woman in the shop saying to someone that there was a delay with Puma for the socks. It was either delay the whole kit or launch the strips without the socks. She never told the person when they were coming in, don't know if they do know yet.

Same problem here,my sons were mascots today and had to get socks from sports direct.mind you at 1.99 some difference from the rip off 7 quid at club shop

MountcastleHibs
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM

I ordered the socks online two weeks ago, and they appeared on Friday, so the shop must have them in now.

LeithBoozy
03-07-2011, 05:46 PM
I was in the shop over a fortnight ago and bought 2 strips and shorts for the grandkids, no socks and 3 letters short. The girl wrote down what was required and promised to call me, I am still waiting on her call. Last season the printer was not working when I was In, so I did not bother they must be losing out on a lot of dosh.:rolleyes:

Jaz
03-07-2011, 07:24 PM

Petrie, SORT IT!

The kit is supplied on behalf of Puma by a middle man supplier called Genesis. The kids socks were meant to arrive with the kit for launch but didnt. Genesis have failed to deliver on several promised deliveries and the directors are understandably raging and are looking for compensation.

Latest target for the kids socks is delivered tomorrow.

I blame Phil Collins!!

Jonnyboy
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
So effectively, someone has put their foot in it?

:greengrin

Brebners Bookie
03-07-2011, 09:22 PM
The kit is supplied on behalf of Puma by a middle man supplier called Genesis. The kids socks were meant to arrive with the kit for launch but didnt. Genesis have failed to deliver on several promised deliveries and the directors are understandably raging and are looking for compensation.

I blame Phil Collins!!

Qualiteeee

ArabHibee
03-07-2011, 10:05 PM

I blame Phil Collins!!
Fair enough but the club should be taking orders for the socks and sending them out free of charge to folk who have made the effort to go down to the shop.
Very poor customer service imo.

snooky
03-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Fair enough but the club should be taking orders for the socks and sending them out free of charge to folk who have made the effort to go down to the shop.

Why change an old habit?

Saorsa
03-07-2011, 10:13 PM

:greengrinWell they may have put their foot in something

but obviously not the socks :greengrin

Sherlock Jones
03-07-2011, 10:15 PM

You soled your sole for that pun, didn't you?

snooky
03-07-2011, 10:23 PM

Well, I'll be darned!

ArabHibee
03-07-2011, 10:33 PM

I've just reread my post and I meant that they the club should be paying for P&P, not that they should be sending out free socks!
:doh:

Jack
04-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Over the past 12 months or so I’ve bought and wanted printing on about half a dozen tops. The first one I bought was no bother. All the others I’ve had to wait for the printing as they had run out of letters. For the launch of the new home top they had run out of some letters within the first few days!

Now I understand not wanting to carry excess stock, particularly for low volume high value stuff, but letters, the letter ‘A’. So that was Jack and Claire plus numbers that wont be getting done.

It was no surprise to me at Berwick on Saturday how many tops had nothing written on them. At, say on average, a tenner a pop for what's written that’s a lot of lost income.