PDA

View Full Version : Would you renew your season ticket without a manager?

IanM
01-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Quite a lot of folk haven't renewed/bought a season ticket because of the way we have performed and only a small minority have faith in CC.

If/when he does leave would this make you buy one without a new appointment? having trolled through the recent posts, CC seems to be the reason folk won't buy one, if he does leave will you get one without a new manager being appointed?

support the club before they make (yet another) appointment?

be interesting to see how many we have sold, be nice to think a new manager would get the backing of ALL the fans regardless of who it was. new beginning and all that

marinello59
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Quite a lot of folk haven't renewed/bought a season ticket because of the way we have performed and only a small minority have faith in CC.

If/when he does leave would this make you buy one without a new appointment? having trolled through the recent posts, CC seems to be the reason folk won't buy one, if he does leave will you get one without a new manager being appointed?

support the club before they make (yet another) appointment?

be interesting to see how many we have sold, be nice to think a new manager would get the backing of ALL the fans regardless of who it was. new beginning and all that

Is that true? This has been discussed at length on here over the past few months and I don't recall that coming out as the main reason people have not renewed. Price and lack of investment by the board seemed to be the recurrent themes. Still, let's say it is because of the manager now and give the guy a further kicking.

lapsedhibee
01-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Still, let's say it is because of the manager now and give the guy a further kicking.

My car developed a rather worrying rattle the other day. Caldot! :grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-07-2011, 08:53 AM
My car developed a rather worrying rattle the other day. Caldot! :grr:

What did you do? Get it fixed so that you could be sure what it was, or let it drag on for ages, not knowing if there is a real problem or not?

down-the-slope
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
A large number of those who haven't renewed have used every any excuse possible...will be a different one next week...

Poor team
players not trying
ST over priced
SPL poor
want 12 team league
want 14 team league
Manger not committed
RP is the devil
STF a skin flint
strips are cheap material
sun gets in eyes in new east
pies are over priced
its thursday
:coffee:

Boring how much time some spend on here telling us how there are not intrested.....Give it a rest :greengrin

Before its said yes there are - a minority - who really want to be at games but can't afford it. Also a greater number who live away and can rarely / never attend...but remain ardent supporters

lapsedhibee
01-07-2011, 09:06 AM
What did you do? Get it fixed so that you could be sure what it was, or let it drag on for ages, not knowing if there is a real problem or not?

Took it immediately to a garage and asked to see what kind of sweets they could offer me.

Albion Hibs
01-07-2011, 09:11 AM
If Hibs fans are looking for excuses not to buy a season ticket, then in my view they are not fans.

In answer to the question, of course I would. I go to watch Hibs and support Hibs. I do not go to sit and watch the manager.

IanM
01-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Is that true? This has been discussed at length on here over the past few months and I don't recall that coming out as the main reason people have not renewed. Price and lack of investment by the board seemed to be the recurrent themes. Still, let's say it is because of the manager now and give the guy a further kicking.

CC seems to be one reason folk won't buy one

sorry my OP was misleading - i never intended to blame just CC, i mean he's one of the reasons - but worded it wrong - wanted to see if anyone would buy a ST on the back of him leaving (if he leaves)

im wanting him to stay if that clears anything up, im not attacking him

Stevie Reid
01-07-2011, 09:17 AM
I renewed months ago, but would not let the lack of a manager stop me from renewing. The more STs sold, the better playing/coaching staff we can afford.

Ray_
01-07-2011, 09:18 AM
If Hibs fans are looking for excuses not to buy a season ticket, then in my view they are not fans.

In answer to the question, of course I would. I go to watch Hibs and support Hibs. I do not go to sit and watch the manager.

Well done to you, however, the club need more than the die hards for them to be successful and having a manager that will provide a team the punters yearn for, would go a long way towards the board achieving their goals.

big-mo
01-07-2011, 09:23 AM
What does it matter who the manager is? He is not the one picking or buying players.

There are a core of about 4 to 5,000 fans who would watch Hibs even if they were playing in the third division and these are the one who have or will re-new their tickets regardless (if they can afford one that is), many of this core are the ones who turn up week in week out no matter how the team are playing and pay at the gate.

The rest could be considered as fair weather supporters, but that is all down to personal choice.

portyfelly
01-07-2011, 09:29 AM
I renewed months ago, but would not let the lack of a manager stop me from renewing. The more STs sold, the better playing/coaching staff we can afford.

Early bird.. just get on with it.
Ok to most CC did not sound too convincing but is that just the manner of his communication? He says he is flattered to be offered other things...so....this does not mean he is intending to take them. What is not expressed is his attitude to loyalty and getting on with the job in hand. This I feel is the assurance everyone was clamouring for and because it was not expressed folk have rejected CC.
We shall see what we see on the first day of the new season and take it from there..... ::taxi

Albion Hibs
01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Well done to you, however, the club need more than the die hards for them to be successful and having a manager that will provide a team the punters yearn for, would go a long way towards the board achieving their goals.

You are right, they do need more than die hards, they need proper fans that will turn up regardless. I do not think that makes you a die hard, I think that makes you a Hibernian Football Club fan.

Ray_
01-07-2011, 10:37 AM
You are right, they do need more than die hards, they need proper fans that will turn up regardless. I do not think that makes you a die hard, I think that makes you a Hibernian Football Club fan.

Yip, as a youngster I felt the same way, I went in to a chip shop in Porty after the Sporting Lisbon tie & another customer asked me the score, I told him to get along to matches & he would know the score.

At least back then fans didn't have the excuses they have now for not going, i.e. dreadful entertainment & sky high prices & I also learned since that Hibs don't have a divine right to have people to support them, that is something that they need to earn.

down the slope
01-07-2011, 10:46 AM

You can watch crap if you want , some people won't so your better ?.

bobbyhibs1983
01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
What does it matter who the manager is? He is not the one picking or buying players.

There are a core of about 4 to 5,000 fans who would watch Hibs even if they were playing in the third division and these are the one who have or will re-new their tickets regardless (if they can afford one that is), many of this core are the ones who turn up week in week out no matter how the team are playing and pay at the gate.

The rest could be considered as fair weather supporters, but that is all down to personal choice.

Regarding your first sentence , surely that IS the managers job to pick and buy players?

or have i read that wrong and are we talking bout heartz?

I can understand alot of peoples frustrations at the moment and well i do not for the life of me understand why CC takes to long to make a decison.if he wants to leave hibs then fine but hurry up so that the board get somone in.

As for the O.P I dont think having a manger does effect people buying ST's.i think if they can afford it and it is visbale they will make most ,if not all the games, i think they will regardless.
If someone cant afford it and can only make 3-4games or whatever a season i dont think they should be like classed as less as a fan.

HH81
01-07-2011, 10:54 AM
A large number of those who haven't renewed have used every any excuse possible...will be a different one next week...

Poor team
players not trying
ST over priced
SPL poor
want 12 team league
want 14 team league
Manger not committed
RP is the devil
STF a skin flint
strips are cheap material
sun gets in eyes in new east
pies are over priced
its thursday
:coffee:

Boring how much time some spend on here telling us how there are not intrested.....Give it a rest :greengrin

Before its said yes there are - a minority - who really want to be at games but can't afford it. Also a greater number who live away and can rarely / never attend...but remain ardent supporters

Good post except its clearly Friday and not Thursday :-)

Albion Hibs
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
You can watch crap if you want , some people won't so your better ?.

I suppose I had better! As those other ones that only come out when the sun is shining, we are winning 10 nil every week and there Mrs says they dont have to chum her to IKEA, are not going to bother!

3pm
01-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I bought mine regardless. You can't beat a season of Easter Road Roulette where 'prizes' can go go from the ridiculous to the sublime in 7 days.

Ray_
01-07-2011, 11:54 AM
I suppose I had better! As those other ones that only come out when the sun is shining, we are winning 10 nil every week and there Mrs says they dont have to chum her to IKEA, are not going to bother!

I think you missed the gist of "down the slope's" post, but never mind.

If it was only as simple as you mentioned, but the reality is that nowadays there is loads of things to get up to on a Weekend, IKEA with the wife isn't the only option, that's why when watching football as dire as what we currently are producing, the punters find better value & entertainment elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2011, 04:56 PM
I renewed despite the manager, i will be at easter road long after he's buggered off.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I've renewed the last few seasons without having a manager.

Do you think I ought to have one?

sesoim
01-07-2011, 10:04 PM

Oh well, I'd better explain to my kids that we aren't really "proper" fans because we don't go to every game or meet your standards.

PapillonVert
01-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Beginning to think that having a manager is more of a hindrance than a help.......

Saorsa
01-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Beginning to think that having a manager is more of a hindrance than a help............is the manager the real hindrance tae footballing operations or is there a common denominator :hmmm:.....

PapillonVert
01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
.....is the manager the real hindrance tae footballing operations or is there a common denominator :hmmm:.....

Ah dinnae ken.

It all used tae seem so simple.....

tooley
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM

:top marks