PDA

View Full Version : Analyzing The Petrie Dish

TrickyNicky
01-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Hibs reject £300k offer from Birmingham

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-reject-300k-offer-for.6794049.jp

This got me thinking!

Is Petrie going to start a Golden Generation of Managers, thus enabling us to be as successful on that small area on the side of the park as we have been off it?

Is he laying the foundations for HFC to be the pioneers in un-earthing wealth in The Technical Area alone?

Has Petrie discovered that the Strategic Hiring of Intelligent Two's or the S.H.I.T. formula is the winning ticket to help propel us into the future and hopefully compete with Celtic and Rangers, who are funding the West Coast's Think Tank, presently in the development stages of their very own award system, loosely based on Petrie's concept.

The Strategic Hiring of intelligent Two's - Old Firm Association - Scottish Trades Incorporated Compliance Knighthood award or S.H.I.T.O.F.A.S.T.I.C.K as it may otherwise be known, is delving into the fundamentals of having the courage to look forward and leave a trail of healthy number two's behind as a legacy.

The Philanthropic Award will be looking for nominations in the up-coming months.

basehibby
01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Hibs reject £300k offer from Birmingham

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-reject-300k-offer-for.6794049.jp

This got me thinking!

Is Petrie going to start a Golden Generation of Managers, thus enabling us to be as successful on that small area on the side of the park as we have been off it?

Is he laying the foundations for HFC to be the pioneers in un-earthing wealth in The Technical Area alone?

Has Petrie discovered that the Strategic Hiring of Intelligent Two's or the S.H.I.T. formula is the winning ticket to help propel us into the future and hopefully compete with Celtic and Rangers, who are funding the West Coast's Think Tank, presently in the development stages of their very own award system, loosely based on Petrie's concept.

The Strategic Hiring of intelligent Two's - Old Firm Association - Scottish Trades Incorporated Compliance Knighthood award or S.H.I.T.O.F.A.S.T.I.C.K as it may otherwise be known, is delving into the fundamentals of having the courage to look forward and leave a trail of healthy number two's behind as a legacy.

The Philanthropic Award will be looking for nominations in the up-coming months.

This angers me it really does, as it is clear as day that Birmingham and Forest are simply taking the pish with their paltry offers of so called compensation.

I remember Mowbray moving down the road to become then championship club, West Brom's Manager - at the time it was commented by a WBA director that Mowbray would not be difficult to sign as Hibs would ONLY require around 500K compensation.

Now, a good few years down the road, Forest and Brum have been flouting the rulebook by tapping up our manager at will and then, having undermined our confidence in him, not to mention our entire pre-season preparations, they are pissing us about something rotten by trotting up with paltry offers which don't even come close to meeting Calderwood's contractual obligations.

It is immaterial that Forest/Brum want Calderwood as an assistant - he IS our manager and if they cannot or will not stump up the appropriate compensation for stealing another club's manager then they should just F&&& right off back to the filthy hell holes from whence they came and keep their stupid gobs shut.

Rant over

givescotlandfreedom
01-07-2011, 09:38 AM
This angers me it really does, as it is clear as day that Birmingham and Forest are simply taking the pish with their paltry offers of so called compensation.

I remember Mowbray moving down the road to become then championship club, West Brom's Manager - at the time it was commented by a WBA director that Mowbray would not be difficult to sign as Hibs would ONLY require around 500K compensation.

Now, a good few years down the road, Forest and Brum have been flouting the rulebook by tapping up our manager at will and then, having undermined our confidence in him, not to mention our entire pre-season preparations, they are pissing us about something rotten by trotting up with paltry offers which don't even come close to meeting Calderwood's contractual obligations.

It is immaterial that Forest/Brum want Calderwood as an assistant - he IS our manager and if they cannot or will not stump up the appropriate compensation for stealing another club's manager then they should just F&&& right off back to the filthy hell holes from whence they came and keep their stupid gobs shut.

Rant over

:applause: Spot on!

.Whitey.
01-07-2011, 11:49 AM
well said :top marks

Franck is God
01-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Hibs are absolutely correct to hold out for the right level of compensation for Calderwood and if it doesn't arrive then he will be our manager next year, simple as that. Hibs have invested heavily in CC so far and I don't mean just financially. He has been allowed free reign to shape the squad how he wanted it.

I for one will be very disappointed if he leaves as I am genuinely looking forward to seeing how this new team performs.

BEEJ
01-07-2011, 12:19 PM

Rant over
:agree: Couldn't agree more.

Hibs have firstly to recoup any payment they made to Newcastle for CC and then they have to take account of the possibility of payments to be made to another club to secure CC's successor.

basehibby
01-07-2011, 01:21 PM
:agree: Couldn't agree more.

Hibs have firstly to recoup any payment they made to Newcastle for CC and then they have to take account of the possibility of payments to be made to another club to secure CC's successor.

:agree: and personally I would add on another 500K for ersing around the whole club, players supporters, directors and all, while we should be preparing for next season - not to mention the cheek of tapping him up on the sly :grr:

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
:agree: and personally I would add on another 500K for ersing around the whole club, players supporters, directors and all, while we should be preparing for next season - not to mention the cheek of tapping him up on the sly :grr:

I dont think Calderwood has been whiter than white in all this either?

Caversham Green
01-07-2011, 03:24 PM

Interesting to think that if that photo in Leicester hadn't been taken CC could have resigned and been snapped up by Forest a few weeks later without compensation even being mentioned.:devil:

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Interesting to think that if that photo in Leicester hadn't been taken CC could have resigned and been snapped up by Forest a few weeks later without compensation even being mentioned.:devil:

if only. :wink:

jakedance
01-07-2011, 10:11 PM

Rant over

Very well put.

Alfred E Newman
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Hibs are absolutely correct to hold out for the right level of compensation for Calderwood and if it doesn't arrive then he will be our manager next year, simple as that. Hibs have invested heavily in CC so far and I don't mean just financially. He has been allowed free reign to shape the squad how he wanted it.

I for one will be very disappointed if he leaves as I am genuinely looking forward to seeing how this new team performs.

Don`t agree at all. The sooner we are shot of the guy the better. He should never have been appointed manager in the first place and has never looked comfortable in the job since he came .We are better off getting £300k for him now than paying him compo when he is sacked later on in the season .

sesoim
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Rant over

£300k for a manager whop has struggled badly is anything but paltry. And as for undermining our confidence in him, Calderwood needs no help in doing that by himself.

How can anyone expect a huge fee for someone who, rather than making a positive impact at the club, took us even further down the table?

sesoim
04-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Don`t agree at all. The sooner we are shot of the guy the better. He should never have been appointed manager in the first place and has never looked comfortable in the job since he came .We are better off getting £300k for him now than paying him compo when he is sacked later on in the season .

:agree: Spot on. We need action this week - CC out, a new more suitable manager in. I think Petrie should step aside after yet another poor managerial choice, but maybe that would be too much upheaval for the club to deal with at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2011, 12:46 PM
£300k for a manager whop has struggled badly is anything but paltry. And as for undermining our confidence in him, Calderwood needs no help in doing that by himself.

How can anyone expect a huge fee for someone who, rather than making a positive impact at the club, took us even further down the table?

I cant believe we have turned down £300k? He's been useless from day 1, he couldn't manage someone else's team, then took 1 point from 15 against the crap with 7 of his own players.

Bite their ****in fingers off Petrie.

JohnScott
04-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Totally agree. Can't for one minute think why any Hibs fan would want him to stay now. He's not considering other managers jobs for crying out loud. Be his own man my erse. I'll be amazed if we get another manager quickly with the season so near. So we'll be looking to recruit someone elses assistant as our manager then? :aok:

HibsMax
04-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I cant believe we have turned down £300k? He's been useless from day 1, he couldn't manage someone else's team, then took 1 point from 15 against the crap with 7 of his own players.

Bite their ****in fingers off Petrie.

You say that as if anyone else could have walked in and done a better job. Fact is, neither you or I know what would have happened with a different manager. Yogi couldn't manage them either. Most Hibs fans were happy to see many of these players punted.

If Hibs haven't got anyone lined up to replace CC yet then what is the urgency in punting him? Maybe the stalling tactics are:
1. to try and get more money,
2. try to get more time to find a replacement.

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes so screaming out for the board to do this, that or the next thing is a little foolish in my opinion. Are you privvy to some behind-the-scenes information that nobody else is?

snooky
04-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Analyzing The Petrie Dish .

Typo in the last word? :hmmm:

cockneymike
04-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Anyone think that CC might have had this plan all the time? ie Hughton knew his coat was on a shoogley peg at NUFC, and he told CC to get something else while he could, and said that I'll come back and get you when I move onto the next job?

I know its a bit unlikely but not completely beyond the realms of possibility surely?

SMAXXA
04-07-2011, 07:59 PM

where is this photo I havnt seen it? Cant be a&sed going through 100 pages on the ooober thread either

NAE NOOKIE
04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Who knows what the Tache is up to.

But if he is stalling over compo for CC with the full intention of letting him go in the end, he had better not stall too long coz the closer it gets to 24/07/11 the less time any new guy ( if we can find one in time ) will have to set up the team in time to take on a team who we havnt beaten at ER for about 3 years.

What a losing start in the first few games of the season might do to the clubs finances will make £300,000 look like a bloody bad deal.

As for CC its obvious by now that he wants to go and refusing to comment in any meaningfull way just in case he doesnt get his move aint fooling anybody. If he thinks playing 2nd fiddle at Brum or Forest is better than being a manager in his own right then there can be only 3 reasons.

A ) He is afraid of the responsibility.
B) He just cares about the money and will get more elsewhere.
C) He has no confidence in his own ability.

Who wants a manager like that ?

And please, dont trot out the old my family havnt settled bollocks, its Edinburgh FFS not Kabul.

Anyway .... I for one am beginning to feel a tad frustrated with the whole business and just wish Hibs would hurray up and get this situation sorted.

:confused:

Andy74
04-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Who knows what the Tache is up to.

But if he is stalling over compo for CC with the full intention of letting him go in the end, he had better not stall too long coz the closer it gets to 24/07/11 the less time any new guy ( if we can find one in time ) will have to set up the team in time to take on a team who we havnt beaten at ER for about 3 years.

What a losing start in the first few games of the season might do to the clubs finances will make £300,000 look like a bloody bad deal.

As for CC its obvious by now that he wants to go and refusing to comment in any meaningfull way just in case he doesnt get his move aint fooling anybody. If he thinks playing 2nd fiddle at Brum or Forest is better than being a manager in his own right then there can be only 3 reasons.

A ) He is afraid of the responsibility.
B) He just cares about the money and will get more elsewhere.
C) He has no confidence in his own ability.

Who wants a manager like that ?

And please, dont trot out the old my family havnt settled bollocks, its Edinburgh FFS not Kabul.

Anyway .... I for one am beginning to feel a tad frustrated with the whole business and just wish Hibs would hurray up and get this situation sorted.

:confused:

I'm not sure it's really in Hibs hands.

We can't give him away or make a loss on him.

Ive no doubt we are also getting on with liming someone else up whilst the clubs that want CC come up with something.