PDA

View Full Version : Sean Welsh on loan again?

Spike Mandela
30-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Can we read anything between the lines in this article?

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-midfielder-Sean-Welsh-given.6793450.jp?

Andy74
30-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Can we read anything between the lines in this artixle?

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-midfielder-Sean-Welsh-given.6793450.jp?

You mean found at fault for being hooked? Possibly. Heard Welsh is a bit of a guy people wouldn't tire of hooking.

Jonnyboy
30-06-2011, 09:53 PM
The way I read that is that Jocky Scott is offering him the chance to go back - not Hibs offering him out

Spike Mandela
30-06-2011, 09:59 PM
You mean found at fault for being hooked? Possibly. Heard Welsh is a bit of a guy people wouldn't tire of hooking.

Yeah Andy find it a bit strange that the 'wronged party' would be the one farmed out unless there was more to it. Getting cynical in my old age:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
30-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Welsh hasn't broken into the current Hibs team, the poorest since we got relegated in my opinion. He's 21 which is old for a player at Hibs whose come through the ranks and only played a handful of games for the first team. Now on loan in the 2nd Division.

Add it all up and I think he'll never make it as a first team regular at ER.

BEEJ
30-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Welsh hasn't broken into the current Hibs team, the poorest since we got relegated in my opinion. He's 21 which is old for a player at Hibs whose come through the ranks and only played a handful of games for the first team. Now on loan in the 2nd Division.

He has suffered a ridiculous amount of injuries which have deprived him of opportunities to get into the reckoning for the first team. CC obviously thought he was worth a chance for another season.

Personally think the lad may have brittle bones given the number of breaks he's suffered of one type or another.

WindyMiller
30-06-2011, 10:13 PM
The way I read that is that Jocky Scott is offering him the chance to go back - not Hibs offering him out

Correct.
Usual speculative journalism.

R'Albin
30-06-2011, 10:14 PM

From what I hear he was a good player for the u19s, I think injuries have halted him quite a bit.

Franck Stanton
30-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah Andy find it a bit strange that the 'wronged party' would be the one farmed out unless there was more to it. Getting cynical in my old age:greengrin

Is SW "the wronged party" in this incident ? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it SW that moved towards Scott with fists raised.? Ok SW came off worst but it isn't Scotts fault that he has a decent right hook now is it? Yes the injury is relatively severe, but it's one of those incidents that happen frequently at ALL clubs training grounds. It would appear that because of the injury sustained, Scott is being tagged as the bad guy in all of this.

7Hero
30-06-2011, 11:30 PM
It would appear that because of the injury sustained, Scott is being tagged as the bad guy in all of this.

hopefully not....

would be good to see martin not being victimised for self defense...

Lucius Apuleius
01-07-2011, 06:16 AM
Is SW "the wronged party" in this incident ? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it SW that moved towards Scott with fists raised.? Ok SW came off worst but it isn't Scotts fault that he has a decent right hook now is it? Yes the injury is relatively severe, but it's one of those incidents that happen frequently at ALL clubs training grounds. It would appear that because of the injury sustained, Scott is being tagged as the bad guy in all of this.

Not having been there and also not knowing anyone who was there I am totally unable to correct you or agree with you.

offshorehibby
01-07-2011, 06:37 AM
It just sounds like Jocky Scott would like to take him back on loan nothing else. Remember SW wont be doing much till the end of August.

Albion Hibs
01-07-2011, 09:52 AM
In my view he was offered a one year deal as we were perhaps unsure of whether or not he could make it. He is probably living off the under 19's thing still.

This shows the gulf between 19's and the first team. My view is that he is probably not good enough, I still feel he deserves a chance to prove those like me wrong. He perhaps needs to get over his surgery, do his loan stint and see where he is at the end of that.

KeithTheHibby
01-07-2011, 10:46 AM
You won't get a quote from Hibs at the moment as they are saying ****** all to anyone.

Franck is God
01-07-2011, 11:37 AM
IMO Sean Welsh was the best player in that under 19 side and bad injuries have gotten in the way of him pushing for a place in the side as has the lack of a reserve league to show the boss what he can do.

As a previous poster has said, Hibs haven't made him available for loan, Jocky Scott would like to have him back.

--------
01-07-2011, 04:23 PM

That's what the story says, John. Journo asks Scott if he'd have Welsh back; Scott says he would; journo has a quote on which to hang a complete non-story.

You won't get a quote from Hibs at the moment as they are saying ****** all to anyone.

:agree:

After all, why should they when the entire population of the English Midlands seems to know what's happening at ER better than anyone at ER does?