PDA

View Full Version : How many experienced players do we currently have?

hibsbollah
30-06-2011, 09:54 AM
With only O'Hanlon, O Connor and Sproule in and over a dozen out from last seasons squad, how many players do we have on our books? We seem to be getting by on the bare bones with no latitude to cope with injuries etc.

scott7_0(Prague)
30-06-2011, 09:57 AM
With only O'Hanlon, O Connor and Sproule in and over a dozen out from last seasons squad, how many players do we have on our books? We seem to be getting by on the bare bones with no latitude to cope with injuries etc.

What do you deem as experienced!?

hibsbollah
30-06-2011, 09:58 AM
What do you deem as experienced!?

...played an SPL game?

scott7_0(Prague)
30-06-2011, 10:00 AM
...played an SPL game?

TAke your pick - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

Speedway
30-06-2011, 10:06 AM
If we said 100 career appearances for a first team as 'experience' then you've got:

Stack
Brown
Hart
Murray
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Sproule
G'OC
Sodje
EDG
Stevenson

Almost an entire starting 11 of experience.

hibsbollah
30-06-2011, 10:11 AM
TAke your pick - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

Ta. I make that 16 outfield players who could be expected to start (including the likes of de graaf and hart who most of us have no confidence in whatsoever).

Chuck in an average amount of preseason injuries and niggles, a couple of summer colds or sickness bugs and we're in a hell of a mess. With 4 weeks to go thats a worry.

Saorsa
30-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Ta. I make that 16 outfield players who could be expected to start (including the likes of de graaf and hart who most of us have no confidence in whatsoever).

Chuck in an average amount of preseason injuries and niggles, a couple of summer colds or sickness bugs and we're in a hell of a mess. With 4 weeks to go thats a worry.In Rod we trust though :rolleyes:

Andy74
30-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Chuck in an average amount of preseason injuries and niggles, a couple of summer colds or sickness bugs and we're in a hell of a mess. With 4 weeks to go thats a worry.

We are certainly short up front although the likes of Sproule, Galbraith and Wotherspoon could play there.

I don't think we are TOO bad in terms of an 11 and subs, still short of a bit of quality though.

Stack

Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
Thornhill
Galbraith

O'Connor
Sodje

Subs:

Brown
Hart
Stevenson
Stephens
Murray
Scott
De Graaf

LancashireHibby
30-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't think that's too bad a starting line up, personally. Obviously need more strength in depth and a little more quality here and there, but it isn't a bad starting point with improvements made across the field since last season.

hibsbollah
30-06-2011, 03:37 PM
We are certainly short up front although the likes of Sproule, Galbraith and Wotherspoon could play there

The first eleven youve quoted is barely acceptable IMO.
We are short in depth all over the pitch. I cant remember approaching a season in a state like this.

Since90+2
30-06-2011, 09:04 PM
The first eleven youve quoted is barely acceptable IMO.
We are short in depth all over the pitch. I cant remember approaching a season in a state like this.

Have to agree that starting 11 looks abit woeful to me. Still time to go before the start of the season but we need quality injected right throughout the team to even start looking at achieving 4th or 5th IMO.