PDA

View Full Version : Are we planning to sign anyone?

sunshine1875
30-06-2011, 05:40 AM
No word of anyone currently on trial!

No word of anyone interesting Hibs, apart from the same old and dated press reports that were never confirmed by anyone at Hibs!

My view is that everybody knows that CC is away, only the timing of the move is not known. And as a result, there is little point in Hibs pursuing anyone during this unsettling period.

Am I wrong or are we planning to sign anyone?

bighairyfaeleith
30-06-2011, 06:03 AM
you are my sunshine, my only sunshine:singing:

Geo_1875
30-06-2011, 07:03 AM
No word of anyone currently on trial!

No word of anyone interesting Hibs, apart from the same old and dated press reports that were never confirmed by anyone at Hibs!

My view is that everybody knows that CC is away, only the timing of the move is not known. And as a result, there is little point in Hibs pursuing anyone during this unsettling period.

Am I wrong or are we planning to sign anyone?

I should imagine that we are trying to sign players as we obviously need another 2/3 bodies before the season starts.

However, I think you'll hear about it from Hibs, not from the newspapers.

Spike Mandela
30-06-2011, 07:08 AM
**** season last season, mass summer clear out, paltry amount of signings, manager not sure if he wants to stay or go, players scrapping in training............of course we are looking at players Hibs are the model of a well run club aren't we.:rolleyes:

KWJ
30-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Thought we had that Irish boy on trial?

stubru59
30-06-2011, 07:39 AM
I'd imagine we'll be signing a new manager soon.

frazeHFC
30-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Thought we had that Irish boy on trial?

It said he will be on trial at numerous clubs including Hibs. EPL and Championship clubs also apparently want him so i am not too confident about our chances of getting him.

allezsauzee
30-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Is there any point in us giving anybody a trial? If he's any good he'll be signing for Birmingham! :rolleyes:

Greenblood70
30-06-2011, 08:24 AM
What's the panic, we've 3 weeks til the season starts??:rolleyes:

We only need possibly a manager, assistant manager, at least 2 further strikers, a right back cover for defence etc etc etc.

Shambolic preseason

Albion Hibs
30-06-2011, 08:34 AM
What's the panic, we've 3 weeks til the season starts??:rolleyes:

We only need possibly a manager, assistant manager, at least 2 further strikers, a right back cover for defence etc etc etc.

Shambolic preseason

What pre-season games have we played so far?

Steve20
30-06-2011, 08:36 AM
We need at least another four new players in, imo.

YehButNoBut
30-06-2011, 08:36 AM
It seems obvious that we will be signing nobody until the manager situation is sorted out.

Which means we are likely missing out on some players and the players we do get will have less a pre-season with us and less time to fit in with the rest of the team.

Not ideal by any means. :rolleyes:

Greenblood70
30-06-2011, 08:40 AM

Who mentioned games Albion? Pre-season encompasses more than that. I'll grant you there's still time to turn it round if we're decisive on the managerial front and a couple of decent signings are made. Im hopeful that may happen.

As things stand just now tho I'm sure even the most optimistic among us would concede we're currently a bit of a mess.

smurf
30-06-2011, 08:43 AM

You think a pre season is determined by meaningless friendlies...

Oh dear.

Cropley10
30-06-2011, 10:50 AM
You've got to remember that it's not easy to sign players at this time of year.

Albion Hibs
30-06-2011, 11:40 AM
You think a pre season is determined by meaningless friendlies...

Oh dear.

No, but as far as I am aware all we have seen of the team is them running round in the springy t-shirts, so how someone can say it has been a "shambolic preseason" when there have been no games and I take a punt and say he has not been watching every training session, is beyond me.

IWasThere2016
30-06-2011, 11:48 AM

:greengrin

Albion Hibs
30-06-2011, 12:00 PM

When is it easy?

Hibee87
30-06-2011, 12:25 PM
As stated on another thread according to reports in the papers yesterday, and quotes from cc to back it up that we want airey from newcastle on loan but also how often do hibs advertise there targets??

Speedway
30-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Current Hibs Targets:

Airey
Murphy
Swankie
Riordan
Towell
Vaz Te
New Manager

Current CC Targets

None

Beefster
30-06-2011, 12:30 PM
As stated on another thread according to reports in the papers yesterday, and quotes from cc to back it up that we want airey from newcastle on loan but also how often do hibs advertise there targets??

If only we could get Hibs to say less than they currently do....

Hibee87
30-06-2011, 12:38 PM
If only we could get Hibs to say less than they currently do....

Clearly hibs need to say more regarding the manager situation apart form one message on the website 3 weeks ago disimising the notts forrest rumours there has been diddly squat however i am glad that we dont go about spouting were getting this player or that player and end up with egg on our faces.

HibsMax
30-06-2011, 12:50 PM
The official word from the club is:
1. no-one in the pipeline,
2. waiting until July for English players to get back.

Whether you believe any of that is up to you but I believe that is what the club / CC has been reported as saying.

sunshine1875
30-06-2011, 02:47 PM
you are my sunshine, my only sunshine:singing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZedhoqYdfTM

On a completely different theme, anyone remember the girl that comes on stage near the end of the credits?

Only those of a certain vintage will remember her! :greengrin

sahib
30-06-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZedhoqYdfTM

On a completely different theme, anyone remember the girl that comes on stage near the end of the credits?

Only those of a certain vintage will remember her! :greengrin

Janet Webb?

bigstu
30-06-2011, 03:13 PM
We better hope our new manager has an intimate knowledge of potential signing targets or we're stuffed, we currently have half a team!

Beefster
30-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Clearly hibs need to say more regarding the manager situation apart form one message on the website 3 weeks ago disimising the notts forrest rumours there has been diddly squat however i am glad that we dont go about spouting were getting this player or that player and end up with egg on our faces.

Apologies, I mis-understood the original post. I thought that you were saying that we often name the players that we are looking at.

AlbertK86
30-06-2011, 06:25 PM
**** season last season, mass summer clear out, paltry amount of signings, manager not sure if he wants to stay or go, players scrapping in training............of course we are looking at players Hibs are the model of a well run club aren't we.:rolleyes:

You are a cheeky :devil:

:top marks:top marks:thumbsup:

Hibee87
30-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Apologies, I mis-understood the original post. I thought that you were saying that we often name the players that we are looking at.

no worries i just read it back and realised it does sound a bit misleading :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
01-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Pre-season is judged on results. If we sign nobody, have no gaffer yet still win each game 10-0 would that still be a 'shambolic pre-season'?

Not as if that will happen though. :greengrin

DH1875
01-07-2011, 05:27 PM
What players are going to sign for us when they don't even know who the managers going to be. The whole thing needs sorted asap cause we don't even have half a team at the moment.

jws1875
01-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Leigh Griffiths on loan :agree: