PDA

View Full Version : NHC Adam Rooney signs for Birmingham

Number69
29-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh well thats that blown out of the water. NEXT!

SRHibs
29-06-2011, 05:47 PM

CC got his man!:thumbsup:

bingo70
29-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Wonder if Hughton asked CC for his thoughts on him.

This deal absolutely stinks and exactly why having a manager that doesnt expect to be here in a weeks time is absolutely no use to us.

Frazerbob
29-06-2011, 05:54 PM

This deal absolutely stinks and exactly why having a manager that doesnt expect to be here in a weeks time is absolutely no use to us.

:agree: CC need to GTF pronto. This is becoming a joke!

stubru59
29-06-2011, 06:05 PM
So it seems.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13968294.stm

weonlywon6-2
29-06-2011, 06:20 PM
:faf:

lucky
29-06-2011, 06:22 PM

post of the week :thumbsup:

Gus Fring
29-06-2011, 06:24 PM
If Adam Rooney was someone CC was looking forward to working with could this be Birmingham offering him a little more temptation?

Am I stating the obvious?

Davy Mac
29-06-2011, 06:41 PM
One wonders if this nonsense has been going on since January.

There was an awful lot of talk about Rooney coming in January, delays for some reason and now signs for the club that CC is going to.

Charming.

bruno
29-06-2011, 06:49 PM
One wonders if this nonsense has been going on since January.

There was an awful lot of talk about Rooney coming in January, delays for some reason and now signs for the club that CC is going to.

Charming.

I wouldn't have thought so as McLeish has only just left so doubt CC would have been anticipating going there.

I'm glad he went to Birmingham rather than Crawley as I think that would have put the SPL in worse light than it already is.

Can't blame hm for choosing Birmingham over Hibs or Hearts. He did well up here and good luck to him

Davy Mac
29-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I wouldn't have thought so as McLeish has only just left so doubt CC would have been anticipating going there.

I'm glad he went to Birmingham rather than Crawley as I think that would have put the SPL in worse light than it already is.

Can't blame hm for choosing Birmingham over Hibs or Hearts. He did well up here and good luck to him

Perhaps I didn't explain myself better, what I'm trying to say it's seems CC to Birmingham is already done and dusted as I don't think Rooney would have been high on Houghton's shopping list unless he's been given the heads up from CC.

Maybe CC delayed the signing until the summer as he knew he was offski and wanted to take him with him?

Agree with you about Crawley and it's bonkers to think they can offer and attract more money than Hibs/Hertz.

bruno
29-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Perhaps I didn't explain myself better, what I'm trying to say it's seems CC to Birmingham is already done and dusted as I don't think Rooney would have been high on Houghton's shopping list unless he's been given the heads up from CC.

Maybe CC delayed the signing until the summer as he knew he was offski and wanted to take him with him?

Agree with you about Crawley and it's bonkers to think they can offer and attract more money than Hibs/Hertz.

Fair enough I see what you were meaning now,wherever CC ended up he was looking to take Rooney.

Imagine if he'd got Sammy Lee's job..... Rooney at Liverpool screamed the headlines

degenerated
29-06-2011, 07:36 PM

it would take a lot more than some irish guy signing for crawley town to put the spl in a worse light than your lot have put it lately :greengrin

archiebald
29-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Looks like we have spy in the camp :agree:

brydekirk
29-06-2011, 10:59 PM
:agree:

bigstu
30-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Agreed with you all this absolutely stinks, surely CC has had some involvement with this & tipped his mate at Brum off!

Matty_Jack04
30-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Birmingham wanted him before houghton got the job, don't think CC or his mate has had anything to do with this signing they signed gomis and bauben after mcleish left aswel

Geo_1875
30-06-2011, 05:48 AM
It's a conspiracy!!! What a.load of pish. If Rooney interested CC so much that he'd arrange for him to go to club that he might not yet be joining how do you explain O'Hanlon, a player he's been interested in for years, signing for Hibs? Somebody should take you all outside and slapsome sense into you.

Beefster
30-06-2011, 07:35 AM
It's a conspiracy!!! What a.load of pish. If Rooney interested CC so much that he'd arrange for him to go to club that he might not yet be joining how do you explain O'Hanlon, a player he's been interested in for years, signing for Hibs? Somebody should take you all outside and slapsome sense into you.

Correct. I've been trying to say this a few times too. Folk seriously don't think through some of the pish on here before they post it.

andudare2
30-06-2011, 08:27 AM
It's a conspiracy!!! What a.load of pish. If Rooney interested CC so much that he'd arrange for him to go to club that he might not yet be joining how do you explain O'Hanlon, a player he's been interested in for years, signing for Hibs? Somebody should take you all outside and slapsome sense into you.spot on mate. makes you wonder what folk like these would sayif/when something happens re. cc?

HibsMax
30-06-2011, 04:19 PM
If Adam Rooney was someone CC was looking forward to working with could this be Birmingham offering him a little more temptation?

Am I stating the obvious?

CC was looking forward to working with O'Hanlon. What does that tell us?

Captain Trips
30-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I have no doubt CC was interested in Rooney and now he ends up at Birmingham does seem a coincidence and without any basis on fact I am of the opinion CC discussed the player with Hughton and that perhaps swayed the decision for Hughton.

It would be more an issue if the player had any chance of being at Hibs, I think Rooney had options that were financially better for him than Hibs before Birmingham came in.

Andy74
30-06-2011, 05:00 PM
What this tells us is that O'Hanlon isn't good enough for Birmingham.

Jim44
30-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Is there a suggestion here that our conscientious and commited manager is a bit of a snake in the grass?.................... surely not.:rolleyes:

Geo_1875
30-06-2011, 05:31 PM

That may be true but surely if CC wanted him for so long and he is going to Brum he must have had it written into his contract that they sign O'Hanlon. Maybe Blackpoolhibs can enlighten us on that one as he has been listening in on the daily phone calls between CC and Hughton.

HibsMax
30-06-2011, 05:37 PM

I guess if we're going to take that approach then he's not good enough for Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City, .....

Yeah, not quite the answer I was looking for but thanks. :)

Andy74
30-06-2011, 07:07 PM
I guess if we're going to take that approach then he's not good enough for Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City, .....

Yeah, not quite the answer I was looking for but thanks. :)
I wasn't really being serious!

HibsMax
30-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I wasn't really being serious!

I figured that but I bit anyway. It's so hard to tell who is being serious, who is being silly, who is being facetious, etc.

Been an interesting close-season though. :wink:

Andy74
30-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I figured that but I bit anyway. It's so hard to tell who is being serious, who is being silly, who is being facetious, etc.

Been an interesting close-season though. :wink:

Can't do smileys from the mobile! Aye, never a dull moment with Hibs!

Removed
30-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Can't do smileys from the mobile! Aye, never a dull moment with Hibs!

You want to get a decent phone then Andy :greengrin :wink: :thumbsup:

Andy74
30-06-2011, 09:14 PM
You want to get a decent phone then Andy :greengrin :wink: :thumbsup:

Never gonna happen. Like my Apple pish!

Woody1985
30-06-2011, 09:37 PM
You can do it if you write it out.

Removed
30-06-2011, 09:44 PM
You can do it if you write it out.

:shhhsh!: