PDA

View Full Version : Has Calderwood chosen the wrong bag of sweets?

Dan Sarf
29-06-2011, 05:01 PM
He could have stayed at Hibs. He could have gone to Foresht. But instead, it looks like he chose his old pal Houghton at Brum. And then this happens...

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2011/06/29/birmingham-city-fc-chairman-carson-yeung-arrested-in-hong-kong-97319-28965801/

Birmingham City FC chairman Carson Yeung arrested in Hong Kong
Jun 29 2011

Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung has been arrested in Hong Kong over alleged money laundering.

Reports in the Far East claim two premises have been raided and documents relating to the Hong Kong-based businessman have been collected.

In a statement on the club’s wegsite, Birmingham City’s acting chairman Peter Pannu confirmed that Mr Yeung was assisting the police in Hong Kong in relation to certain criminal investigations but said he believed it did not have any connection to the operation of the parent company, Birmingham International Holdings, or any of its subsidiaries.

The statement continued: “I have just had a call from the Birmingham International Holdings lawyers informing me of the position in Hong Kong and I have also been informed by them that Carson is assisting with enquiries that have nothing to do with the operation of BIHL in Hong Kong and therefore nothing to do with the operation of the club, and relate to other matters.

“People are reminded that in recent years members of the previous Board were placed on bail for a significant amount of time and nothing came of it. I am only using this as an example to calm any fears.

“The law says a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

“Until I find out more information about this matter there is no further comment to be made.”

LancashireHibby
29-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I thought this was another Thomson thread when I saw "bag of sweets".

yekimevol
29-06-2011, 06:12 PM
strange i dont seem to remember caldo making a choice ???

Dan Sarf
29-06-2011, 06:14 PM
strange i dont seem to remember caldo making a choice ???

Unconfirmed, I agree. But don't you think Birmingham asking for permission to talk to him suggests that he has?

yekimevol
29-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Unconfirmed, I agree. But don't you think Birmingham asking for permission to talk to him suggests that he has?

i know that were used to people leaving us when someone comes along but assistant manager at brum aint a promotion a successful peroid at hibs he could get the managers job. the only reason he wouls concider it is hughton.

i dont think he will take it but thats just me.

lucky
29-06-2011, 06:24 PM
it would be ironic if he chooses Birmingham and they go bust and he is emptied. No club will touch him. :greengrin